PDA

View Full Version : Lycanthrope's and spellcasting

Annos
2012-08-14, 04:57 PM
Is their a feat that allows a lycanthrope in animal or hybrid form to cast spells with verbal and/or somatic components?

ThiagoMartell
2012-08-14, 05:06 PM
You don't need one. You still have hands on hybrid form and you can still talk (at least, it never says you can't).
Animal form is off-limits, aside from Silent Still spells, though.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-14, 05:08 PM
The Black blood hunter (PGtF appendix) prg class allows that; but it doesn't progess casting and with the levels lost to lycanthrooy I can't reccomend to play a spellcaster.

Feralventas
2012-08-14, 08:39 PM
Surrogate Spellcasting, requires Wisdom 13 and a non-humanoid form. It allows you to cast spells, replacing growls and paw-movements for somatic and verbal components. Savage species source.

Downysole
2012-08-15, 07:57 AM
I never realized that Natural Spell was unique to Wild Shape.

Darth Grall
2012-08-15, 07:13 PM
I never realized that Natural Spell was unique to Wild Shape.Gms who allow weres will often waive the proficiency though.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-15, 07:41 PM
In any case, going pure druid is better to emulate were-something and still get casting. Wildshape=animal form and the various bite of the were-X work wonderful for the hybrid form (Other than for combat, I fail to see why a lycan would use the Hybrid form, animal for general scouting and or movement and humanoid to interact with NPC's).