PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn Human

Invader
2012-08-14, 07:25 PM
If you play a Dragonborn human do you lose the humans bonus 1st level feat, and if so is the simple solution to just become a dragonborn at 2nd level?

God Imperror
2012-08-14, 07:32 PM
You lose benefits gained from race, other than stat modifiers and subtypes, you lose the bonus feat even if you become a dragonborn at lvl 20

Invader
2012-08-14, 07:47 PM
Ahhhh I see it now. I thought you did but I didn't see it in the main text with the first read through.

Darrin
2012-08-15, 06:25 AM
Start with a Frostblood Orc/Half-Orc (Dragon Magic). They get Endurance as a bonus feat, but if they pick up Endurance later, such as from a class feature, they can pick any other bonus feat they qualify for.

Take 3 levels of Ranger. Swap Endurance for a bonus feat.

Now go through the Ritual of Rebirth and become a Dragonborn of Bahumat. You lose Endurance (nearly worthless), but keep the bonus feat.

Take the Heart aspect to get a breath weapon, and then swap your Track feat (also nearly worthless) for Dragon Wings.

You have: bonus feat, breath weapon, and you're one feat away from a Fly speed.

darksolitaire
2012-08-15, 06:35 AM
But unfortunately you still have levels of ranger :smallwink:

Akto
2012-08-15, 08:55 AM
But unfortunately you still have levels of ranger :smallwink:

Wildshape Ranger and Mystic Rangers says Hi :smallwink:

The Gilded Duke
2012-08-15, 09:36 AM
One interesting thing about Dragonborn is you still count as your old race for prerequisites, so a human (or human type) who becomes Dragonborn can still have feats like Jotunbrud or Able Learner, despite no longer being human. I'm not sure, but Mongrelfolk might count as human which would make a very solid start for a dragonborn.