PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Second Floor XI

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-14, 09:46 PM
Once you walk upstairs in Trog's Tavern, you find yourself looking down a long hall at twenty doors. Each room has one large bed in it, a desk and chair, and a couple of chairs at a small table.

(When posting, please put which room you're posting in at the top of the post)

Example:

Destro paces the room, thinking.

Previous Threads:
Trog's Second Floor I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/../cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1154060332;s tart=0)
Trog's Second Floor II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/../cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=post;num=1157086841;quot e=0;title=Post+reply;start=0)
Trog's Second Floor III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17637)
Trog's Second Floor IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28765)
Trog's Second Floor V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31803&page=51)
Trog's Second Floor VI (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1985621#post1985621)
Trog's Second Floor VII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37704)
Trog's Second Floor VIII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55422)
Trog's Second Floor IX (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133782)
Trog's Second Floor X (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9985088#post9985088)

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-14, 09:50 PM
[#6]

Alysha brings the nameless woman into this room and shuts the door behind them.

Alright, bathroom's right there. Should be towels and soap and stuff already in there. And, let's see here... Alysha opens and closes a few doors before finding what she was looking for. Ah ha! Laundry stuff! I'll wash your clothes while your in the shower. Just leave them on the floor in the bathroom, I'll grab them when I hear the water running. Sound good?

McBish
2012-08-14, 10:08 PM
[#6]

The woman nods and heads into the bathroom. She slowly takes her robe of and folds it neatly setting it on the floor before climbing in the shower. Her shower is going to take a long time, but Alysha will probably find the robe to be fairly well ruined, the bloodstains on the back have dried into the fabric.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-14, 10:14 PM
[#6]

Before Alysha starts trying to save the clothes, she shuts all the curtains in the room, blocking all the light outside. Then, with a flash, her Keyblade disappears. She takes off her bag and sets it near the bed. She also removes her hoodie and tosses that on the bag. Under the hoodie she wears a plain white t-shirt. Then she goes for the clothes.

Now, Alysha isn't exactly a maid. So, while she might be able to get the clothes cleaner, she can't get them completely clean. But she tries!

McBish
2012-08-14, 10:27 PM
[#6]

The woman eventually step out of the shower find a towel and start to dry herself off. She will do so even if Alysha is there trying to clean the robe, completely oblivious to the fact that she is stark naked. Of course this isn't all that unusual if Alysha isn't in the bathroom.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-14, 10:32 PM
[#6]

Actually, Alysha was just about to place the now cleaner robe back into the bathroom for her when she steps out of the shower.

Alysha quickly sets the robe down and covers her eyes. Sorry! Didn't know you were out yet! Didn't mean to see you naked! Sorry! Should've knocked! I'll wait out here for you to get dressed! Sorry! She says all that faster than she normally talks and quickly goes back to the main room, shutting the bathroom door.

Clearly embarrassed. If she could, she's be blushing furiously. But, with her being a vampire and all, she can't.

McBish
2012-08-14, 10:49 PM
[#6]

The woman blinks in confusion at Alysha's reaction, remaining silent through the whole thing. She doesn't seem embarrassed at all. She simply continues to dry off before putting the now cleaner robe back on and going out into the main room.

Depending on how much Alysha saw she might notice several distinctive things about the woman. One being the series of large bruise that runs across the middle of her body. The other on her back are two large scabby looking gashes on her back. It looks like they are slowly starting to heal. But a closer inspection would probably be needed to see anything else.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-14, 10:52 PM
[#6]

She did notice the bruises, at least. Which worried her.

Hey, um, I saw you had some kind of mean looking bruises on you. Do you mind if I take a closer look? See what injuries you have? I should be able to heal most of them with my magic, but I just wanna see them first.

McBish
2012-08-14, 11:05 PM
[#6]

The woman nods.

"I can show you, but I would have to take off my robe."

She doesn't seem upset or worried by this, but she is judging Alysha might not like that from the way she reacted before.

Assuming they find a suitable way to look her over, perhaps a towel or two to cover her while being looked over, she will see a the wounds much closer. The bruises are deep and old, several days into healing but still black fading into yellow. They seem to be long like she was hit by a large stick or something. The wounds on her back look to be amputated appendages, it might be hard to tell but she once had wings. It looks like they were cut of brutally and left to bleed, they have also been healing for a couple of days like the bruises.

The woman lets Alysha examine her as closely as she wants.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-14, 11:13 PM
[#6]

Alysha will request that the woman holds a couple towels in place as she looks her over. I mean, Alysha doesn't want to see her naked! That's rude.

After looking at the injuries, Alysha takes a step back, resting one hand on her hip and scratching the back of her head with the other. Her expression is a mix of worry, concern, and slight confusion.

Now, I'm not a doctor, but, some of them seem kind of old. And the ones on your back...I don't know. Looks like something may have been removed. Looks like you've been through a lot.

But, I can take care of most of it! She holds her hand to her side, and the Keyblade reappears in a flash of light. Now, this probably won't solve the memory issues, but it should take care of the physical wounds well enough. Unless the woman objects, Alysha will point the Keyblade at her and give a shout.

Cure!

The woman will by surrounded by a quick flash of green light, followed by a lot of positive healing energy. The bruises should disappear, and the wounds on her back should heal to the point of simply being scars now. All in all, the woman should physically be fine now. As long as she doesn't have some kind of resistance or reaction to the magic, of course.

McBish
2012-08-14, 11:34 PM
[#6]

The woman nods and lets the woman heal her. The wounds heal, leaving behind large scars on the back, and the bruises all fade away. Oh and her head injury I forgot to mention probably goes away to. The head injury may account for memory loss.

"Oh my, that feels much better. Thank you."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-14, 11:38 PM
[#6]

Alysha grins, showing her fangs again. You're welcome! Glad I could help!

The Keyblade disappears in a flash of light again, and Alysha sits on the bed.

So, I guess at this point, is there anything you wanna talk about? Or questions? Or share things you remember? Maybe?

Tesla_pasta
2012-08-14, 11:58 PM
The half-ettin ascends the stairs into the hallway. the left head :redcloak: Landon is completely drunk.

:thog: :redcloak: Brandon selects room #7 and noisily enters.

:redcloak: Landon passes out as soon as :thog: :redcloak: Brandon hits the sheets.

:thog: Brian, the right head, remains awake, listening absent-mindedly to the muffled conversation next door, drifting off to sleep unless something exciting happens.

[downtime]

McBish
2012-08-15, 01:08 AM
[#6]

The woman sits down on the bed as well curling her legs up under her and leaning against the headboard/wall. She tries to concentrate on what she remembers.

"I remember waking up in the forest, I hurt all over right from the start. I started walking hoping to find... Something I guess. I don't know how long I was walking. I stopped to sleep a couple of times. Then I found my way into this city. Really I have just sort of been confused all this time."

Listing all you remember in such a short time really can hit you as sort of sad. The woman frowns thinking about how little she seems to know.

Tesla_pasta
2012-08-15, 12:18 PM

:thog: :redcloak: Brandon wakes slowly...

:redcloak: oooooh I drank waaaay too much last night.
:thog: You drank so much, I got a headache. What exactly did you drink, anyway? I was too distracted by that facinating Dream guy to notice!

:redcloak: uhhh I think it was like XP in a bottle or something self-aware like that...

:thog: :redcloak: OH MY GOD I LEVELED UP

:thog: SKIIIIIIL POINTS
:redcloak: NEW SPEEEEEEEELLS

:thog: Brian begins to tune up his lute and enjoy the new +1 perform.

:redcloak: Landon begins to chant softly, summoning up his (still relatively meek) arcane might. What spell exactly he just learned is yet to be seen...

Tesla_pasta
2012-08-15, 12:31 PM
:redcloak: SOUND BURST

oh dear. it seems he finally learned a blow-stuff-up spell. careful what you wish for. The terrified screams of :thog: Brian go dopler effect as the :thog: :redcloak: Brandon falls through the wooden floor and into the bar below.

[EXIT TO TROG'S TAVERN]

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-15, 02:46 PM
[#6]

Alysha listens intently as the woman explains what she remembers. Which took a lot less time than Alysha was expecting.

Wow...um...that kinda sucks, actually. I think the head injury you had probably caused the memory loss. Or the thing that some people have where something bad enough happens that their brain just kinda blocks out chunks of their memory in an effort to erase it. Even though, as far as I know, it can't be erased completely. Ever.

We should get you some food! I'm guessing you haven't had a good meal in a while.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 03:12 PM
[#10]

Talina, presumably accompanied by the other healer, arrives here.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 03:16 PM
[#10]

That she does! The little gnome follows closely after Talina.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 03:21 PM
[#10]

"This stuff is put on directly, so if you could show me where all of the wounds are, please?", Talina asks gently, smiling at her.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 04:23 PM
[#10]

Oh, um, er...'kay... The healer, it seems, it quite self-conscious, but takes off her robe anyway, leaving her topless. As she does, she quickly faces the wall, embarrassed about her current state.

Ouch.

There are lashes up and down her back from whips, dagger marks, and burns. She turns around, looking at the floor, hands folded across her chest. More of the same. She's been through a lot of what seems to be weapons torture. The gnome is silent.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 04:48 PM
[#10]

Talia hisses in shock and anger, before quickly and carefully starting to apply the golden liquid to the cuts, which should numb them for now and cause them to seal, though they'll stay tender to the touch for a day or two afterward; the burns get a pale green-white salve gently rubbed onto them, with as much done to prevent the process from hurting as possible while still getting it actually rubbed into the skin, which should numb them as well, and will speed healing considerably, though not to the extent of the gold liquid.

All of this is if the gnome allows it, of course.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 04:53 PM
[#10]

She scarred healer jumps in shock, but lets Talina put the liquid on and sighs. She seems pretty embarrassed and tense.

Are you all right? Why did you hiss?

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 04:58 PM
[#10]

"I wasn't happy about what was done to you," Talina says softly, smiling reassuringly at her, and keeping her eyes focused only on the work. "Both in principle and because it brought up some rather unpleasant memories..."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 05:19 PM
Oh. She stays silent for awhile.

Then the gnome speaks, pointing to her heel.

Polliwopple has this one too. Punishment from the city.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 05:21 PM
((What exactly is on her heel?))

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 05:27 PM
((Giant gash.))

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 05:38 PM
That one will get a fair amount of red and black liquid put into it from a flask similar to the one that had the gold substance in it; it will numb it, and speed healing, but it can't seal it, as the wound is too large to do so without causing issues.

"I think that one'll need stitches... Can you get on the bed so I'm not trying to sew you up while you're standing on one foot, please?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 05:42 PM

Uh, um, yeah.

Still keeping her arms folded across her bare chest, she softly sits on the bed and extends her foot.

Thanks again for healing the scars...

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 05:58 PM
[#10]

((Just a note, actual scars aren't something she's been dealing with, only the injuries.))

Talina shrugs, pulling a collapsible rest out of her bag, and setting it up under the gnome's foot.

"I'm a healer. Got the training, took the oaths... This is what I do."

With that, she takes a needle and a spool of suturing thread, both sealed in plastic, and presumably, given the care she's shown so far, and the measures taken to keep them from being contaminated by the air, sterile, and starts to sew up the wound; the numbing effect from what she already put in should prevent it from being painful.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 06:03 PM

I never caught your name.

The gnome sets one hand down on the bed as a brace.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 06:06 PM
[10]

"Talina. And I don't think I caught yours, either?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 06:08 PM

Oh! I'm Kallista... who's the bat-person downstairs? She seems... a little scary.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 06:12 PM
[10]

Talina smiles softly.

"My girlfriend, Nycca. She's actually really nice, once you get to know her, she just wasn't in a good place there. She's also related to the aforementioned unpleasant memories, which is why I had such a strong reaction."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 06:35 PM
[10]

Kallista frowns in confusion. Girlfriend? But you're- that's against the law!

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 06:40 PM
[10]

Talina frowns, pausing in her work for a moment to glance up at Kallista, trying to see if she actually objects or is just surprised.

"Not here it's not."

She also looks like she's wondering about what the other healer cut herself off about, even if she doesn't say it.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 06:43 PM

...Cool!

That's- that's why this happened. The gnome gestures to her split heel.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 06:45 PM
[10]

Talina's frown remains, though it's not directed at Kallista anymore, instead being more at the circumstances in general.

"I see... What happened to your girlfriend, then? Is she okay?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 06:49 PM

Oh... uhm, she didn't like me back.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 06:57 PM
[10]

"Ah. So you approached her, and she reported you? I'm sorry... If you like, I know a lot of girls who are nice, and might be interested? You'd probably make some friends, even if you didn't hit it off with someone."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-15, 07:00 PM

Got it in one...

Would you really? Oh, wait... I'm probably too short, though. The gnome's tone is a bit sad.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-15, 07:58 PM
[10]

Talina smiles, shaking her head.

"Nah, you're not too short. And yes, I really would be willing to do that for you."

McBish
2012-08-16, 01:59 AM
[#6]

Alysha listens intently as the woman explains what she remembers. Which took a lot less time than Alysha was expecting.

Wow...um...that kinda sucks, actually. I think the head injury you had probably caused the memory loss. Or the thing that some people have where something bad enough happens that their brain just kinda blocks out chunks of their memory in an effort to erase it. Even though, as far as I know, it can't be erased completely. Ever.

We should get you some food! I'm guessing you haven't had a good meal in a while.

[#6]

"I actually don't remember the last time I ate. So that sounds great."

The woman smiles happy to have been so lucky as to meet someone as nice as Alysha.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 10:42 AM
[10]

Talina smiles, shaking her head.

"Nah, you're not too short. And yes, I really would be willing to do that for you."

That's... thank you!

The gnome looks like she wants to jump up and hug Talina, but she still keeps herself on the bed.

...What happened with Nycca? Was- or isit private?

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-16, 03:40 PM
[10]

Probably a good thing, considering that Talina just barely finished sewing up her foot, and jumping on it would most likely hurt quite a bit.

"You're welcome. As for what happened with Nycca... It's not private, really, at least in general terms, though there are details I'm not comfortable going into without her permission.

I was doing some volunteer work in another city at one point, and I ended up tending to the girls in a slave-brothel for a while, before finally getting them out. Nycca was one of them, and for various personal reasons, we got together a short time later."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 03:47 PM

Awww, that's sweet. Kallista smiles at Talina.

I've been hoping for something like that.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-16, 03:59 PM
[#10]

Talina returns the smile, going to sit down next to Kallista.

"It didn't seem that way at the time. But I admit, it has worked out rather well."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 04:07 PM

Lucky you. I haven't met anyone sort of... like me yet. If you- uh- know what I mean.

She stares at her foot awkwardly.

Change the subject, stupid!

So, do you think I can walk on this?

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-16, 04:29 PM
[#10]

Talina nods.

"Considering how your city treated people like us, that's not really a surprise to me. Even if they were interested, it would have been too much of a risk to tell you that.

As for your foot, maybe, but I wouldn't recommend it. You'll probably do more damage to it. Could even mess it up permanently."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 04:41 PM

Maybe. That's er- part of why I came to the surface. Kallista sounds sad as she tenses her fists. I don't understand why people- some people- are such jerks.

Maybe I'll... use crutches? I'm not sure. You're the master healer. She gives Talina a small grin.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-16, 05:00 PM
[#10]

The healer, having noted the sadness in the gnome's voice, goes to slip an arm around her.

"Neither do I. But I guess all we can do is try to help when they are... As far as crutches, those'll work fine for non-adventuring things, but it'll probably cause some issues when we're up there."

She lapses into silence for a few moments, plainly considering what to do.

"If you don't mind, Nycca rides around on my back all the time, and she's bigger than you are, so you could do that, maybe?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 05:09 PM

Kallista softens under her touch. That's all, I guess. T-too bad.

That would work... Can Nycca walk? Crutches are still fine if she needs your help.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-16, 05:37 PM
[#10]

Talina shakes her head, smiling gently at Kallista.

"Nah, she can walk fine. She just prefers to hang out on me.

And yeah, it is too bad. But at least it's something, right?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 05:45 PM
[#10]

That would work great, then. Make sure she's not jealous or anything, though!

Kallista smiles, to make sure Talina knows she's joking.

It is. I feel better now, though. Because, um.. I know there are other people... in the, um... same frame of mind?

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-16, 06:07 PM
[#10]

Talina laughs softly, nodding.

"Trust me, Nyca's not going to get jealous. Even if we actually got together, all she'd want would be in on the fun.

Having support helps a lot, yeah. Even just knowing you're not alone's a good thing, whether or not you actually talk to the other people like you. Though you're nice, so hopefully you will..."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 06:18 PM
[#10]
Kallista gives Talina a small smile.

Well that probably won't happen. You two look like you were made for each other. Also, because I wouldn't want to be with- well of course I'd like to be with y- I m-mean, you're already- I mean you're already with Nycca- um-

The gnome turns scarlet, stuttering.

Um, sh-should we go back d-downstairs?

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-16, 06:47 PM
[#10]

"Like I said, you wouldn't be interfering. But I also won't be offended if you don't, so feel free to say what you actualyl want, if you're sure.

And yeah, probably best to head back down before the others leave without us, so... Go ahead and climb on."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 07:28 PM
[#10]

Kallista looks extremely embarrassed.

W-well, I mean, It would be , um, great.... except, I just met you, if I knew you b-better, then definitely, but, maybe in the, f-future? What do you think? N-no, never mind!

The gnome looks terrified, but adjusts herself so she can clamber onto Talina's back.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-16, 07:33 PM
[#10]

"I think that 'maybe when we know each other better' sounds fine to me," Talina replies gently, smiling reassuringly at Kallista, and starting to head back down, though there'll be time for another post or two if the gnome has more to say.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-16, 07:35 PM
Nope! They head back down!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-08-16, 08:34 PM
[#6]

"I actually don't remember the last time I ate. So that sounds great."

The woman smiles happy to have been so lucky as to meet someone as nice as Alysha.

[#6]

Alysha smiles. Alright then! Oh, hang on, let me check something here... She opens her canvas bag and searches through it a moment. Hmm...need to restock on these. Well, good thing we're going down for food, then! She stands up, dons the bag, and brings her Keyblade into her hand again. She leaves her hoodie on the bed for now. She felt like not wearing it for a while.

Whenever she is ready, Alysha will lead the woman downstairs again!

McBish
2012-08-16, 09:55 PM
[#6]

Alysha may be noticing that this woman is very compliant. She is happy to follow her back downstairs.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-17, 01:08 AM
[Lellienth's Room]

As her player has finally remembered to post for this, Lellienth slowly drifts off as Erin sings to her, looking considerably more peaceful while she sleeps, though it's likely that won't last for too long.

The Bushranger
2012-08-18, 08:16 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

As her player has finally remembered to post for this, Lellienth slowly drifts off as Erin sings to her, looking considerably more peaceful while she sleeps, though it's likely that won't last for too long.

Erin holds Lellienth close as she sleeps, keeping brushing her hair for as long as her lover slumbers.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-18, 08:33 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

Erin holds Lellienth close as she sleeps, keeping brushing her hair for as long as her lover slumbers.

After an hour or two, Lellienth starts to twitch slightly, which Erin probably knows isn't normal for her.

The Bushranger
2012-08-18, 11:09 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

Erin frowns, and gently shakes Lellienth's shoulder to wake her.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-18, 11:16 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

Lellienth is quite easy to wake, though she almost attacks Erin, before realizing who shook her, and instead hugging her tightly.

The Bushranger
2012-08-20, 12:52 AM
[Lellienth's Room]

And Erin hugs her back just as tight.
...you were having a nightmare weren't you?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-20, 01:00 AM
[Lellienth's Room]

Lellienth nods.

"Yes. One that I thought had stopped a long time ago."

The Bushranger
2012-08-24, 10:46 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

"Do you want to talk about it?" Erin asks softly.

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-24, 10:52 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

Lellienth frowns, looking somewhat confused.

"What do you mean?"

The Bushranger
2012-08-25, 02:57 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

"The nightmare. Sometimes telling somebody else about it can help."

(Unless it was mentioned before and I'm forgetting. :smallredface:)

Lady Serpentine
2012-08-25, 06:13 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

"The nightmare. Sometimes telling somebody else about it can help."

(Unless it was mentioned before and I'm forgetting. :smallredface:)

((Nope, Lellienth's just not used to doing things like that because of the drow tendency to avoid revealing their own weaknesses.))

Lellienth shrugs.

"If you want to hear about it, I guess..."

The Bushranger
2012-08-27, 09:07 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

"I do," Erin says quietly with a nod.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-01, 02:05 AM
[Lellienth's Room]

Lellienth quietly explains that it was about the first time her sister killed someone, specifically the aftermath of that.

The Bushranger
2012-09-05, 04:31 PM
[Lellienth's Room]

Erin listens quietly, then hugs Lellienth tightly once she's done.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-05, 04:59 PM
[Lelli's]

Lellienth hugs back, burrowing into the embrace.

The Bushranger
2012-09-08, 03:02 PM
[Lelli's]

And Erin gently and softly starts singing once more (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZP-4B7kHqA).

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-08, 03:28 PM
[Lelli's]

Lellienth slowly falls into a doze again, and this time will sleep peacefully through the night.

The Bushranger
2012-09-08, 10:38 PM
[Lelli's]

And Erin stays up, softly singing in a beautiful, lilting voice through the night.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-08, 10:42 PM
[Lelli's]

Her lover's sleep will be even deeper than it could have been, in that case, and filled with pleasant dreams of the half-ghost.

The Bushranger
2012-09-11, 12:13 AM
[Lelli's]

And the D'awwpocalypse moves that much closer...

Erin drifts off to sleep by morning, smiling happily.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-11, 12:21 AM
[Lelli's]

Lelli sleeps through until about noon, though she doesn't move at that point, other than to snuggle a bit closer to Erin, and pull the blankets more snugly around them both; it'll be about an hour before she goes to get up, unless Erin is awake by that point too.

The Bushranger
2012-09-12, 09:11 PM
[Lelli's]

Probably by round about the end of that hour Erin stirs, stretching and yawning.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-12, 09:29 PM
[Lelli's]

Lelli smiles happily, and hugs the half-ghost, going to kiss her cheek.

"Morning, dear..."

The Bushranger
2012-09-13, 09:35 PM
[Lelli's]

And Erin returns the kiss, hugging her close.
"Good morning," she murmurs sleepily.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-13, 09:42 PM
[Lelli's]

"What time did you get to sleep, hon? You sound tired..."

The Bushranger
2012-09-13, 10:04 PM
[Lelli's]

"...late. But I'm alright. Are you?"
Erin looks into Lellienth's eyes, concerned.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-13, 10:19 PM
[Lelli's]

Lellienth looks back lovingly, a smile stealing onto her face.

"I'll be fine, abbil... Don't worry about me; I can deal with this. I already did it once, after all."

The Bushranger
2012-09-14, 12:18 AM
[Lelli's]

"But things are always better dealt with together," Erin says softly, reaching to take Lellienth's hand and squeeze it even as she leaned in for a soft, passionate kiss.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-14, 12:31 AM
[Lelli's]

Lellienth gently squeezes Erin's hand as well, and is quite happy to return the kiss; while a little less passionate than she would have been last night, when she was an emotional maelstrom, it's still nothing to be sneezed at.

The Bushranger
2012-09-16, 09:19 PM
[Lelli's]

Erin will hold the kiss for awhile before pulling back with a smile and a green blush.
"Dos ph' bronretla, ussta ssinssrigg."

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-16, 10:16 PM
[Lelli's]

((Is it bad that I knew that was "You [something] [something] my [probably something to do with love, based on the similarities to other words]" before I ran it through the translator? :smalltongue:))

Lelli returns the smile, nodding in pleased acceptance of the compliment.

"Ji phuul dos, vallabha."

The Bushranger
2012-09-16, 10:20 PM
[Lelli's]

(Nah. :smalltongue:)

Erin smiles happily at that.
"So what shall we do today?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-16, 10:47 PM
[Lelli's]

Lelli shrugs, stretching, and showing no sign of wanting to move just yet.

"Up to you. I don't really have a preference, other than staying with you."

The Bushranger
2012-09-16, 11:27 PM
[Lelli's]

"Maybe we should shower and get breakfast together?" Erin suggests.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-16, 11:30 PM
[Lelli's]

Lelli's response is simply to grin, and go to lead Erin into the bathroom for their shower!

The Bushranger
2012-09-17, 01:08 AM
[Lelli's]

Erin follows with a giggle, and showering happens! Possibly steam substituting for curtains a bit too. :smalltongue:

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-17, 03:42 AM
[Lelli's]

It's Lelli and Erin. Of course the steam substitutes for curtains to at least some extent. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2012-09-17, 12:31 PM
[Lelli's]

...but after longer than strictly necessary, Erin's arm finally emerges from the steam, reaching for a towel. :smalltongue:

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-17, 01:24 PM
[Lelli's]

...but after longer than strictly necessary, Erin's arm finally emerges from the steam, reaching for a towel. :smalltongue:

There should be towels readily accessible, and Lelli certainly won't stop her, since as much fun as this is, she's starting to get rather hungry.

The Bushranger
2012-09-17, 01:42 PM
[Lelli's]

All those calories being burned!
Erin smiles and hands Lellienth the towel...before using her ghostly intangibility powers to cheat and dry herself instantly.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-17, 02:24 PM
[Lelli's]

Lelli laughs a bit at that, and dries off, probably giving Erin a bit of a show as she does; presumably, once that's done, they'll dress and head off for breakfast.

The Bushranger
2012-09-17, 11:00 PM
[Lelli's]

Erin, needless to say, enjoys the show. :smallwink:
And she offers Lellienth her arm so they can head downstairs together.

Lady Serpentine
2012-09-18, 03:10 PM
[Lelli's]

Lelli, of course, takes Erin's arm as they head down, grinning.

The Bushranger
2012-09-18, 03:36 PM
[Lelli's]

And down they go!

Hattish Thing
2013-03-06, 06:29 PM
Marty's Room

Marty heads up to here, waiting for Nort to follow...

McBish
2013-03-06, 06:36 PM
Marty's Room

Nort is right behind Marty following him up to his room. The older gentleman apparently had thought of something walking up the stairs and had pulled out a folded up notebook jotting something down before tucking it away again.

Hattish Thing
2013-03-06, 06:42 PM
Marty's Room

Nort is right behind Marty following him up to his room. The older gentleman apparently had thought of something walking up the stairs and had pulled out a folded up notebook jotting something down before tucking it away again.

Marty walks up slowly, and twitches a little. He walks down the hall at the top of the stairs, and moves into a small room. It was here where he had recovered with Shada. Room 13. Ironic she had chosen such a strange number. He walks in and waits for Nort to sit down.

McBish
2013-03-06, 06:59 PM
Nort follows him in taking note of the room number. It doesn't strike him as signifigant he just usually notices numbers in his world. He has moved past his compulsive counting he did as a child and young man. He walks into the room and takes a seat feeling pleasently buzzed. "So you were hoping to talk?

Aric Kale
2013-03-06, 07:02 PM
Zane enters the hallway right as Nort enters the room. Hmm, this could be interesting...

Hattish Thing
2013-03-07, 05:21 PM
Marty's Room

Marty sits on the bed and motions for Nort to sit by him. He quickly and very quietly takes his knife out and sets it at his side, hopefully hidden from Nort's sight.

McBish
2013-03-07, 07:25 PM
Marty's Room

Nort frowns a bit but takes a seat. "So what is it you wanted to talk about?"

Hattish Thing
2013-03-07, 07:33 PM
Marty's Room

Nort frowns a bit but takes a seat. "So what is it you wanted to talk about?"

Marty breathes in slowly and speaks. S-Sir, as an...older f-fellow, y-you've probably gone through quite a f-few things...right? H-Here, I b-brought s-something as well f-for us t-to share. He pulls out a large bottle of whiskey from his coat. He also has two cups. V-Very r-rare, elven f-firewhiskey. Rare and extremely p-potent. Care f-for some? He pops the cork off and fills one cup to the brim and hands it to Nort a little forcefully, and pours a little for himself.

Aric Kale
2013-03-07, 08:24 PM
Zane/Thatcher walks up to the door to room 13 and leans against it, his ear to the door...

McBish
2013-03-08, 10:49 AM
[13]

Nort shows signs of distress when Marty fills the glass to the brim. You have to respect a good whiskey. You can't even twirl it in the glass if you fill it to the brim. He takes it very carefully, doing his best not to spill a drop before he can raise the glass to his lips and take a sip. "Well I won't say no to another small drink. But come on lad out with it. What is it you wanted to talk about?"

Hattish Thing
2013-03-08, 07:34 PM
[13]

Nort shows signs of distress when Marty fills the glass to the brim. You have to respect a good whiskey. You can't even twirl it in the glass if you fill it to the brim. He takes it very carefully, doing his best not to spill a drop before he can raise the glass to his lips and take a sip. "Well I won't say no to another small drink. But come on lad out with it. What is it you wanted to talk about?"

Marty just sits and frowns. The hand away from Nort holding his silver knife...He gazes out of the window of the room, staring at the moon for a second. W-Well sir...y-you ever h-had something t-taken away f-from y-you? You l-look like y-you have a g-good...full....h-happy life...

McBish
2013-03-08, 09:40 PM
[13]

Nort shakes his head. "I've had a long life. I've lost plenty on my time trust me." Nort continues to try and get the whiskey down to a manageable level. "Did you loose someone?"

Aric Kale
2013-03-11, 11:24 PM
Thatcher listens intently, gently testing the doorknob to see if it's locked...

Hattish Thing
2013-03-12, 08:02 PM
[13]

Nort shakes his head. "I've had a long life. I've lost plenty on my time trust me." Nort continues to try and get the whiskey down to a manageable level. "Did you loose someone?"

The whiskey has been mixed with a kind of tranquilizer, so he might find himself getting drowsy. Marty grins oddly. It's an...unnerving smile, the grin of someone who couldn't care less about what happens to him or anyone else. The grin of a madman. Then it's gone in a second. Y-Yes...many times...r-recently though...S-Sir. I l-lost my wife...to a MURDER assassin. They k-k-killed her... He begins to tear up a bit. His story is treu, Marty was once a very happy and sane man. He grips his knife tightly, waiting for Nort to get a little drowsier...a little drowsier...

Thatcher listens intently, gently testing the doorknob to see if it's locked...

It's unlocked.

McBish
2013-03-12, 08:57 PM
[13]

Well the already little drunk Nort mixed with the sedatives quickly starts to result in Nort getting very drowsy. He doesn't seem to notice the tears, or the knife somehow. "I um... not feeling so well." He unsteadily gets to his feet and starts to stumble for the door.

Hattish Thing
2013-03-12, 09:06 PM
[13]

Well the already little drunk Nort mixed with the sedatives quickly starts to result in Nort getting very drowsy. He doesn't seem to notice the tears, or the knife somehow. "I um... not feeling so well." He unsteadily gets to his feet and starts to stumble for the door.

Marty then moves to Nort from behind with his knife. He'll quickly go to slit Nort's throat as fast as possible. He's good with his knife, he's used it for years and he's much more agile than the old man most likely. Marty grins horribly, eagerly waiting for the knife to maybe strike his target's throat.

Aric Kale
2013-03-12, 10:48 PM
Thatcher reaches in his pocket for a rag...
He then opens the door and looks inside to see a soon-to-be murder.
Hey! drop that knife!

McBish
2013-03-13, 10:54 AM
[13]

Marty is much more nimble then Nort. If Nort was a little more nimble he might not stumble and start to fall down. While not helping him escape it should stop his throat from being slit. A large gash will obviously be had, most likely in the arm which Nort raised to protect himself. It's lucky Thatcher is here otherwise Nort would be doomed for sure. Just to make sure Thatcher knows this is serious Nort speaks up. "Help." Very nice Nort.

Hattish Thing
2013-03-13, 07:43 PM
[13]

Marty is much more nimble then Nort. If Nort was a little more nimble he might not stumble and start to fall down. While not helping him escape it should stop his throat from being slit. A large gash will obviously be had, most likely in the arm which Nort raised to protect himself. It's lucky Thatcher is here otherwise Nort would be doomed for sure. Just to make sure Thatcher knows this is serious Nort speaks up. "Help." Very nice Nort.

Marty does not respond to Thatcher's threats, and instead goes to stab Nort again, harder and harder attempting to end Nort's life as fast as possible. He'll dive on top of Nort and aim for the back of his neck as well, madly trying to pin him down. No! You will not do this t-to me...I need it...

Aric Kale
2013-03-13, 10:53 PM
Oh no you don't! Using his left hand, Thatcher flips out the knife from his pocket. He then attempts to stab in the shoulder. It's a very sharp knife, and ots about five inches long.

McBish
2013-03-13, 11:09 PM
[13]

Nort flails on the floor trying not to get stabbed to much. He gets stabbed several times and starts to pass out. Hopefully Thatcher will be able to keep Marty away from him. A lot of blood is coming out of him now he doesn't look like he is in good shape.

Hattish Thing
2013-03-13, 11:26 PM
[13]

Nort flails on the floor trying not to get stabbed to much. He gets stabbed several times and starts to pass out. Hopefully Thatcher will be able to keep Marty away from him. A lot of blood is coming out of him now he doesn't look like he is in good shape.

Marty flails, stabbing Nort again and again, bloodying his coat. Then he's stabbed in the shoulder. Ow, pain. Marty shrieks in pain and recoils from Nort. He shrieks then as Thatcher's fearblaze courses through Marty's body and his face suddenly catches on fire. Marty then runs as fast as he can, his skin burning, before crashing through the glass window and falling down off the two story tavern, before disappearing into Inside, screaming loudly.

Aric Kale
2013-03-13, 11:29 PM
Thatcher quickly turns away from Marty and places his attention upon Nort. He reaches into his right pocket, arm deep, until he pulls out a medical kit. He'll swiftly wrap bandages around Nort's wounds, hoping to stem the flow of blood.

McBish
2013-03-13, 11:53 PM
[13]

Adrenaline is the only thing keeping Nort barely conscious. Bandages are good and all but he has been stabbed several times and is bleeding from at least one major artery. He is going to need a hospital or some sort of healing magic, and he is going to need it soon. He looks surprised by this whole turn of events.

Aric Kale
2013-03-14, 08:15 AM
Healing...not exactly this guy's forte. He'll offer a pill to Nort; designed to dull pain, but in reality it knocks out whoever ingests it.

McBish
2013-03-14, 12:21 PM
[13]

Nort really isn't in any shape to take the pill. That being said he isn't in any shape to stop Thatcher from forcing the pill down his throat. Then again if just getting him unconscious is his goal he could just wait ten or so seconds and Nort passes out.

Aric Kale
2013-03-14, 01:26 PM
Hmm, if Thatcher waits until Nort passes out, the man could bleed out soon after...
Alright, I'm gonna get you to a hospital. Unless you can walk, I'm gonna have to carry you. Unless Nort protests, Thatcher will gently pick him up bridal style and exit through the door.

McBish
2013-03-14, 02:10 PM
Nope, Nort has no objections. He isn't a very big man so should be easy enough to carry.

Aric Kale
2013-03-14, 03:40 PM
As Thatcher exits the room, he hears something fly in and land on the windowsill. He turns in expectation and is not met with disappointment; in the crime of the window is a half-metal, black, Phoenix. Ah, Backdraft, I was wondering when you'd arrive... Thatcher returns to Marty's room and gently sets Nort down on a chair.
He'll then, regardless of Nort's reactions, reach in his pocket and retrieve a rag. This chloroform-soaked rag will be pressed into the weakened person's face.
Sorry, friend, sleep well.

McBish
2013-03-14, 06:52 PM
[13]

Nort is no longer conscious, if it is because of the rag or the blood loss is hard to tell. Nort won't sleep well at all. Actually in a few minutes he will be dead. Maybe Thatcher/Zane will leave the door open to the room so someone can see him.

Aric Kale
2013-03-14, 08:02 PM
Alrighty then. Thatcher removes a sack from his pocket; it magically expands allowing Nort to be shoved inside. Using the same principle as before, the bag shrinks to the size of an apple. (causing no harm to its occupant) He then ties it to Backdraft's leg and tells it to fly to the Clocktower, Inside.

)(I'll be posting Inside now, there's a bit of a time jump but you can assume that Nort has been healed off screen.)(

Lord Magtok
2013-03-31, 08:22 PM
Nowhere in Particular

A high-pitched whistling sound can be heard overhead briefly. The noise doesn't last very long, because once the source of the noise reaches Trog's, it becomes a whole lot of much louder crashing and smashing and burning, as opposed to whistling. A sedan-sized hunk of metal drops right out of the sky, tears through the ceiling, and smashes a hole in the floor, as it continues on towards the Trog's Tavern thread proper.

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-19, 10:08 PM
[#57]

Presumably, Lelli and Trissy arrive here soon enough, given what the latter said last post.

Assuming that to be the case, she'll find it's mostly the same as a normal room here, and thus comfortable enough, but a bit barren - however, some form of magic has completely blacked out the windows to normal light, while not affecting infravision or darkvision, in addition to the spidersilk curtains, elaborately embroidered with a copy of the night sky over the main temple of the Dancer (which Trissy can likely tell are enchanted to move with that so it can be used as an accurate gauge of the correspondence between observances here and when they take place there) .

Additionally, a second bed has been brought in, and placed against the first to essentially make a single larger one, and the walls and floor painted black (with paint that magically reduces light levels, no less), while a tapestry of a beatiful, naked, drow dancing with a sword, presumably a representation of Eilistraee, hangs facing the bed.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-19, 11:37 PM

Trissy smiles shakily. This is... this is really nice. Thank you.

Er, I have to ask, how did you find me?

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 12:31 AM

"A combination of asking around, some dreams from the Dark Maiden, and asking Her to lead me to you... Being one of the Lady's clerics has its advantages when trying to help one of Her followers.

And you're welcome. I'm glad you like what I've done..."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 12:57 PM

No, but how did you hear that I was troubled in the first place? She takes a cautios step towards the bed, and goes then to sit on it, wringing her hands.

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 01:24 PM

"I just... Had a feeling I should check on you. I think the Dancer was trying to get me to help, given that she sent me dreams once I started asking around? But I don't know.

I mean, it wasn't even that I thought you were in trouble, at first, I just wanted to see you again..."

Lelli shrugs, and sits down next to her, smiling gently.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 03:22 PM

Trissy smiles back. That's nice of her... I'm glad I have someone. At all. My brother has my daughter right now, so I don't see her very often.

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 03:40 PM

Lelli goes to slip an arm around her, frowning just a little. "And I'm happy to be here for you... Maybe we could go visit your daughter, though? I'm sure she'd like to see you too..."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 03:45 PM

That would be nice. She's in high school right now... maybe on the weekend? What should we do until then?

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 03:49 PM

"That sounds like a plan... And I don't know; depends on what you want to do. I'm up for most anything, really."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 03:58 PM

I don't know. Up until a few weeks ago, all I really did was take care of my other daughter...

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 04:05 PM

"Well... Hm. I dunno, what sort of things do you like? Do you play any instruments, maybe?"

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 04:09 PM
Uh, yeah. I play the guitar.

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 08:15 PM

"Anything songs we could together, then, maybe? Seems like it might help you relax, if your reaction to music is anything like mine..."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 08:22 PM

What's that? Trissy looks confused.

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 08:25 PM

"Just... It calms me, most of the time. It's soothing, helps me work through things." She shrugs, smiling gently at the other elf.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 08:26 PM

...Huh. Me too. What instrument do you play?

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 08:35 PM

"Harp, mostly... Some violin. Also a bit of theretar, but I'm still learning that."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 09:21 PM

What's that last one? I've never heard of it.

The pretty drow will take out her guitar and start to tune it.

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 09:40 PM

"A guitar-style theramin... Friend of mine designed it, so I'm not surprised you've never heard of it. Anything in particular you want me to use?"

Dark Elf Bard
2013-07-20, 10:05 PM

Whatever you think would work.

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-20, 10:26 PM

"Hm... Violin, then. I have a song in mind, you see..."