PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Fates (IC)

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-15, 02:51 AM
Your group stands atop the wall of Medio, staring intently into the distance. you've all live in Medio for as long as you can remember,and some of you may know each other, others you have only just met. Over the last 2 months you and several other civilians were recruited into the town guard, some might have resisted if it weren't for the 10 GP a week, and the heroism that comes with the title, especially when their is rumor of Wyvern Migration coming about. you walk around the walls, everynow and then you spot a fox in some trees, or a person outside working the closer fields in a hurry, but it is not until a heavy-breathing young boy runs up to you all that you snap out of your repetitive stupor. the boy takes a moment, grasping his knees "Captain, needs... you all to come quickly."

Togath
2012-08-15, 06:14 AM
"alright, we'll head right over"
"by the way, what's your name?, So I can tell the captain that we received his request form you if he asks"
Ketta waits for a response from the guard.

Souhiro
2012-08-15, 06:26 AM
"If the captain need us, then he shall have us!" Says Iskal, checking everything is ok: Hammer, shield, First Aid Kit, Holy Symbol, Uniform of the Guard...

Before he parts to the Captain office, he offers the boy his waterskin (The one with water: We're on duty, now!)

"Come on, people! They need us!">

yugi24862
2012-08-15, 08:24 AM
"Considering how out of breath this boy is, this is urgent. We need to move, everyone!" With that Harold started walking at a brisk pace towards where the captain was.

Togath
2012-08-16, 12:46 AM
"I'll send Otis with you guys"
Ketta commands Otis the boar to follow and help Harold
"I'll catch up with you guys in a moment, once I find out whats going on."

((to the guard))
"So whats going on, are we under attack?, If I go in I would like to know what we can expect to face"

Souhiro
2012-08-16, 07:15 AM
Iskal won't espect and answer.He nods to Harold, the veterane fighter, and just leave the boy with the waterskin -he'll recover it later-

"Good job, soldier. Come on, guys (and girl)! our captain need us!"

Togath
2012-08-16, 05:42 PM
(to iskal)
"good point then, I guess, lets head to the captain"

(to the guard)
"I'll name you Capricorn then, a'right?"
Ketta runs off towards the captain.

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-16, 09:59 PM
as you and your companions hurry to the captains quarters that are inside the guard house you see the city people moving around. you get to the the door to the captain's room.

Togath
2012-08-17, 12:15 AM
"we got your messege from the boy you sent, Captain!" ketta says as she trys to open the door.
(edited because i found out i misunderstood and thought the boy was a guard rather then a random boy that had been sent to get our help)

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-18, 12:00 AM
"yes,yes, come in,I have some business I need you to deal with." you walk into the room, and see the familar face of the old captain, being over 70 he still has all of his hair, and keeps up a toned and deadly body.

Togath
2012-08-18, 01:37 AM
"Are you uninjured?, I was somewhat worried you were dead or injured when the messenger came to us so out of breath"

Souhiro
2012-08-18, 06:15 AM
"Private Iskal Rockhart reporting, sir. And yes, by the boy's reaction and the good run he made, looks like whatever it is, it's nomething urgent."

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-19, 02:18 AM
The captain huffs "Now, what have I told you, how could I ever die? I'm the amazing Captain Maverick, and if I sent the boy, how would I be dead?" He pauses a moment to look out of the window "Now, for why your here, you've heard rumors of the wyvern migration, correct? Good, or not so much so, because we've got hints and clues but no comformation, and the only one who could help us is a powerful Seer, as we have none in town, I've decided to send you all, the newest and greenest of recruits to search one out, at most you have ten days, any questions?"

Togath
2012-08-19, 03:35 AM
"No extra questions, beyond if you know of any rumors of any areas we should look for oen in, or research rumors of one at, and if we have time to pick up camping supplies"
((ooc: i hadn't ended up giving Ketta camping supplies beyond a blanket))

yugi24862
2012-08-19, 04:32 AM
"Do you have any inkling where a powerfull Seer might be , Sir? A clue would help us alot in our investigation.

Souhiro
2012-08-19, 07:44 AM
"Yes sir; I have some questions: For some rumours, or some old news and stories about sheers of another times, so we could find their sucessors.

Also, a map of the area would be handy; so our routes could me more preccise and save precious time.

Finally... I'm not in politics, and I think none of us is; so I must ask you: What is the diplomatic situation of Medio with the dwarves? Since they are able to endure the pass of time better than us, maybe they have raised some powerful sheer, and grew into power with the centuries of their lifespan. If we're at good terms with the Longbears, the religious ones among us could use some of their influence. (My god is a Dwarf spirit, and Dwarves venerate nature, 'Raising a druid is the greatest honour in a dwarf family', and Ketta is one!) "

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-19, 08:03 PM
The stands up and looks through his drawers and cabinets, " Well I don't have a map with me right now, but you can go get your supplies, then come back and i'll have one for you. And no, the dwarves are not ones to look into the future, they have few mages as it is, and even then none that would practice being a seer. As for clues I've none, but while their are no seers powerful to find out what we need to know, perhaps you could find one weaker to lead to another stronger."

Togath
2012-08-19, 09:21 PM
"I'll go and pick up supplies for a journey then, also, would my grandfather be of any aid in finding the location of a more powerful seer?"

((ooc: ketta's grandfather is a minor spell caster, probably druid 2, or adept 3, whichever you feel would be better for an E6 game)

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-20, 01:44 AM
" Your grandfather, that druid? I''m doubtful of that, druids are , as I said, unused to clairvoyant magic, it's just not what they do, you might try talking to the owner of the tomes shop, i've heard she has some practice with the arcana."

Souhiro
2012-08-20, 04:34 AM
"Good Idea, Kett!

I'll try to get some info and rumours from taverns, confidents and tell-tales; it may be mostly exagerations or 'artistic licenses', but maybe we could tell appart the good info from the useless." (I'm saying about using diplomacy to Gather Information)

"What about if the rest of us try some luck asking to local bards, or some magical shops or a library where wizards exchange spells? I usually buy some inks and special components for my scrolls in a shop located in number 7 of Hermes Street.

Then we gather here, and discuss what we found out, so we'll trace a plan.

That's only an idea... if someone has one better."

If nobody has a better plan, and we go for this one:

Iskal ask for rumours about sheers, about powerful mages, their wereabouts, and the seers of other times, this last one in the hope of finding a pupil of those

Diplomacy Check: [roll0]
Hours Spent: [1d4] (4) Hours.

Edit: Due a typo, I rolled the hours spent in the OOC.
Edit PS: Poor Iskal: 4 hours paying attention to gossip will take a toll in his sanity at long term!

Togath
2012-08-20, 10:13 PM
While Iskal has been gathering information, Ketta's gotten some supplies, and meets back up with Iskal once he finishes gathering information.
"I've gotten some supplies, a tent, some food, and an ostrich", "Should we head back to the captain to compile things we've learned so far?"

cyblazegk
2012-08-20, 10:57 PM
"Wait!" you hear a voice shout as an odd-looking fellow runs up to you. "Sorry I'm late. Captain wants me to head with you too. He must've known you'd be helpless without my kickass abilities. I would've been there with you guys earlier if I hadn't... er, overslept," the young man says as he grins sheepishly.

"So, any idea where we're going? I kinda blocked old grumpy-pants out during my briefing. It is NOT fun getting chewed out by that old fart," he asks.

Souhiro
2012-08-21, 12:07 AM
"Oh Ketas! And Lunas too! Well, a pleasure to see you all again!

Well, I have a few pages filled with everything I got. We'll have to sit and discuss and discern which one are nosenses and which ones have some base. Finally, Captain Maverik said something about the Tomes Shop, if none of us has been there, I think it's worth of a visit, don't you?"

He takes the true companions to the shop, gets the info, and heads back to the Captain's office.

"Lunas, please don't call the captain 'Old Fart', he is our superior, and he hasn't done anything to get called that"
(Lawful Neutral, God of reward and punishes... you know, the stick comes with the job!)

cyblazegk
2012-08-21, 09:22 AM
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-22, 12:50 AM
As you approach the guard house a women with a terrified and frantic look rushes toward you, " Please, you're guards, right?

Togath
2012-08-22, 01:17 AM
"unless you have better pay, or know of a location of some treasure I'm affraid I cant help you at the moment ma'am"
Ketta continues towards the guard house

HasegawaTakumi
2012-08-22, 01:41 AM
Alexis, seeing the terrified woman, decides to stop and answers her.
"Yes, we are guards. How can we help you, madam?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-22, 04:36 AM
"Pay you more? Why should I have to pay you to do your job? Their have been some Thugs who have been terrorizing the bazaar and they just took all the gold from my shop, if you hurry we might be able to find them.

Souhiro
2012-08-22, 06:32 AM
Iskal knows that the duty of guards (and citizens!) is to keep order. But he also knows that a fake emergency can be used to distract the attention from something important, and even cause a greater damage. (Or worst, try to fool us, and make us to attack some innocents to steal them!)

So he cast Avadar's Truthtelling on the Woman.

"So, some thugs, some delinquents are storming the bazaar? They stoled your gold from your shop?"

(If she had said the truth)

"Ok, I'm going to help. If Ketta don't want to lend us a hand, just tell to the Captain, if not, please lady tell him that we're there" Then he runs to the market with the rest of the party.

(If she lies)
"Why are you trying to lie to us?" He readies his heavy warhammer, in an intimidating gesture.

Togath
2012-08-22, 07:14 AM
(If she had said the truth)
"If your telling the truth about them, then I guess I'll try helping" *smiles*

(If she lies)
"My friend here can sense your lie, tell us who sent you and I might not feed to my garden for compromising the safety of the city!"(followed by a bluff check)

yugi24862
2012-08-22, 03:13 PM
Harold stands back from Iskal and Ketta and looks around, looking for any signs of a robbery.

Perception roll if needed [roll0]

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-23, 01:47 AM
She seems to be telling the truth, her eyes well up with tears as you say you'll help, " thank you so much, my shop is this way. she leads you down a few streets to the bazaar and leads you to a tiny building which you hear rough and crude voices.

Souhiro
2012-08-23, 04:27 AM
(Whispering) "Ok, remember: Theft isn't worth of Death Penalty... so don't kill anybody!

I'll enter first and channel energy, so they'll be softened for the battle.

When everybody's ready, Iskal will do his part of the plan (He won't go Leeory)

Togath
2012-08-23, 04:44 AM
"I'm ready, should I burn down the building, or send in some summoned hounds?", "Or should i Just charge them after you use your channel with my spear?"

Souhiro
2012-08-23, 05:06 AM
"Hounds would do wonders here, they'll be able to stop them in place! But Summoning is a long incantation, so if you summon while we're charging, they won't be there until we would have exchanged some blows.

Any idea for your part, Harold? Lunas?"

Togath
2012-08-23, 05:27 AM
"As something I could do, what if I sent in Otis in first?, I could summon while he distracts them, Also, would it be advantageous to summon something small since they're in an enclosed area?, A gremlin or poisonous frog might work well, though we would have to make sure the gremlin doesn't get otuside, as they are a bit violent"

Souhiro
2012-08-23, 05:40 AM
"Well, I was thinking about the following:

You start the summoning
I Bless (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bless) the party, thus becomeng The Blessed Guard of Medio
Harold & Lunas awaits
You complete the summoning Ritual
I enter first and channel
Harold, Lunas, The Hounds, Otis and Yourself enter then, and kick ass as much as you want
Profit!"

any objections to the plan?"

Togath
2012-08-23, 06:10 AM
"no problem, though I may summon one of the gremlins, as I can just aim them towards the foe rather then having to command them to defend us, and because I can't summon plural creatures to help, as I'm not a strong enough magic user yet, a gremlin could also curse the thieves with a short lived bane((ooc: bane spell)"

Souhiro
2012-08-23, 06:45 AM
"Druids are famed summoners. So what you feel it would be better"

(Since Bless has a long duration, he blesses the party, and then, if nobody has to object, start with the plan!)

Togath
2012-08-23, 07:03 AM
"Ok!, I'm ready to begin the spell once we're set"
Ketta readies to cast summon monster 1: mite(gremlin) once we're ready.
((main fluff from the mite entry, because I found it funny: This squat humanoid seems to be nearly all head—an unfortunate circumstance, considering how ugly its puffy blue face is, edit: also it's doom rather then bane aparently, but a debuff is still very good at this level))

cyblazegk
2012-08-23, 10:18 AM
"Right. Let's go," Lunas says as he draws his twin Bastard Swords.

Souhiro
2012-08-23, 11:47 AM
Iskal prepares to enter. He knows that the Channeling cannot be used non-lethally, but at his level, they hardly could kill anyone.

Initiative and Channeling:
Init: [roll0]

He enters, and if the thugs are inside (and they don't have any hostages) he'll channel: [roll1] Everybody can reduce damage to half with a DC14 Will Save.
He'll shout "Everybody, now!!"

If the thugs have hostages, he'll instead charge against the one who keeps the hostages under control, and will smite him, altough non-lethally
To Hit: [roll2] (4 per CMB -4 per non-lethal, +2 per charge +1 per Bless)
Damage: [roll3] (plus channeling damage above, same rules)
Then he'll scream "Hostages!" before the group manage to enter

cyblazegk
2012-08-23, 03:06 PM
Lunas follows after Iskal, but waits until he can grasp the situation before acting.

Initiative [roll0]

Togath
2012-08-23, 04:37 PM
Depending on whether or not they have hostages Ketta will do one of the following after following in with Iskal

if they don't have hostages: "Bane! Mite!" Ketta shouts(commanding the mite to use bane on the thieves)she then commands Otis "go get them Otis"(attack the nearest thief)

If they do have hostages: "No time for mercy Iskal" Ketta says as she commands the mite to use bane, and then commands Otis "charge one, Otis"
((in order to either attack a thief, or at least knock out a hostage so the thieves lose the hostage as a shield))

Initiative (1d20+1)[D1]
edit: how do i roll for init?

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-23, 09:16 PM
As iskal goes quickly inside and channels his negative energy, the three thugs drop to the floor fresh cuts appearing on their bodies, the rest of you see this happening and cease your actions.

do not worry about init, i roll it sperately and unless i mention anything assume that you go first.

Togath
2012-08-23, 09:36 PM
Ketta runs over to one and starts to search his body for anything of value(if she finds any of the woman's stolen money she'll try to hide about 10-20% of it in her pockets and belt pouch), while doing this she says "they went down fast, should I heal one so we can interrogate him? "
should i put Ketta's slieght of hand roll in the OOC or IC thread?

Souhiro
2012-08-24, 03:01 AM
(Deep Inner Iskal)
"Wohoo! I did it! I rock, I really really really rock! Criminals won't have a chance against my unlimited powers!"

(Lesser Inner Iskal)
"Dont gloat yourself. Since pride is a sin! and look, they are barely alive! You're a guard, not a butcher"

Back in the shop
"Well... looks like we did it, without causing more mayhem! come on, let's tie this guys, and then reanimate them. They'll answer to Captain Maverick, then the magistrates"

(He will tie'em, then use Heal skill. If he need some rope or chains, he'll take from the shop and will pay for it. He has a +8, and with the Healing Kit, a +10. He'll take 10 in the checks.

"Sorry for stealing the glory Harold, Lunas. Next time, you'll shine a lot more than the rest of us!"

Togath
2012-08-24, 03:47 AM
"So we aren't going to keep them out-cold and drop them off in the forest near town to fend for themselves for a day or two?"
"Also, do any of you want a share of the gold as well?"
"I mean, if we take a small enough amount I dont think the woman will notice"

Souhiro
2012-08-24, 04:44 AM
Iskal tries to supress a giggle with the idea of the thugs running scared of wolves.

But when he hears about Ketta's idea of stealing, he just gives her a deadly glare. Then he continues tying/shakling/whatever the bad guys.

"We arrest thieves and get a well deserved pay for it, no need to become thieves ourselves"

Togath
2012-08-24, 05:55 AM
"aye, i suppose you have a point, the guard probably wouldn't keep employing me if they found out about something like that"
[due to a low enough slieght of hand check that iskal could suceed against it on a 1]as ketta trys to pcoket a few coins anyway, she acedentlly tilts her pocket in just the right way to cause them to spill out(only a small ahndful though)
"err...this is a bit hard to explain, I, I...just forgot them?"
[rolled a 12 for bluff]

Souhiro
2012-08-24, 06:23 AM
Brendam relaxes his look and smiles under his beard. He want to trust his friends

"Come on, it has been a good day for The Blessed Guard of Medio. Lets put those guys in prison, deliver the info, and go to the tavern to celebrate this!"

Togath
2012-08-24, 06:50 AM
"No problem, though we should check in with the captain so he doesn't worry"

yugi24862
2012-08-24, 07:15 AM
"I doubt the captin wants to know about every robbery in the town, lets just stabilize these thugs and haul them off to jail. Dont worry about stealing the glory Iskal, bows dont work that well indoors." Once Iskal has healed and tied up the thugs, Harold will grab one and start dragging him to the town jail.

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-24, 09:03 AM
The woman comes into the room, "thank you, bless your souls, if you ever need to sell anything or buy, come to my shop, i'll give you my special deals."

Afterwards you take the thieves to the jail, though the jail is a bit small, so you end up putting them all in one cell. You walk out of the danky jailhouse and become renewed by the sun.

Togath
2012-08-24, 05:22 PM
"I'll head to the captain and tell him where we went, as we've probably been gone longer then expected, and check to see if he has a map ready yet"
"I may also check by the woman's shop and see if she will buy any of the gear the thieves had"
"I might be able to get her to buy a sword or two, for the theft prevention factor of having the weapons of the only people who have robbed you on display"

Souhiro
2012-08-25, 07:39 PM
"Oh! Good idea! The captain must be impatient!"

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-25, 08:21 PM
The woman looks over as you talk of selling, "I can buy those things, I runa general trade so anything is fine, for all that I can give you 72 gold pieces. Also my name is kendra." she takes your things and hands you a pouch with the gold.

you leave the store and return to the guardhouse, it is mid afterNoon, and you walk into the captains room [COLOR="Cyan"]"You sure took your time! I trust you got all of your supplies? Well heres your regional map." It depicts 50 miles around Medio, showing the green sea to the north, the crossroad town, Jadon, to the south, the shifting forest to the west of Jadon, the mountain ranges to the far west and east of Medio, the Dwarven settlement, Aerrin, to the west of Jadon near the mountains. The Aoarun River snakes through Medio,Jadon, And the shifting forest.

sorry about no real map, also the rumors say that people have seen a man predict storms using clouds in Jadon. And another says they witnessed a witch casting bones for people in the shifting forest.

Togath
2012-08-25, 08:35 PM
"The shifting forest sounds like a good place to head to, and my druicic magic could help make the journey fairly easy"

cyblazegk
2012-08-25, 08:41 PM
"Yeah, the forest sounds pretty cool," Lunas says as he jadedly flips a coin.

Souhiro
2012-08-25, 10:08 PM
"What are we waiting for? All the good adventures ruly starts when the heroes cross some forest! Also, I'm interested in her method of bone-throwing!"

Before parting, Iskal refills his waterskin, and get a bottle of brandy from his collection, at the temple.

"Yeah... sweet brandy, for a sweet adventure!" he thinks before joining the rest at the town's gate.

Togath
2012-08-25, 10:44 PM
"I wonder if this is the kind old lady kind of witch, the eat's adventurers kind of witch, or the kind that manipulates the souls of the restless dead"
"It would be neat to meet the third kind, as I've always been interested in ghosts and the restless dead myself, maybe she could offer some tips for communicating or manipulating them"
"well...manipulate in the sense of defending against them"
inner thoughts; though it would be neat to have a pet ghostly chef, I could open an all day bakery

yugi24862
2012-08-26, 10:06 AM
"I agree that a witch sounds more promising than a man who looks at the shy each day, but to get to the forest we'll need to stop a Jadon unless we go cross-country. So we should go to Jadon, quickly check on this man, then head into the forest. What do you guys think?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-26, 12:51 PM
The captain listens in as you talk "Yes, Jadon would be your first destination, if you went crosscountry you'd go through bulette territory, so you might try finding a caravan to Jadon."

Togath
2012-08-26, 05:55 PM
"what if we just bought a wagon and some ostriches or horses to pull the wagon?, We probably have enough money on us to buy the wagon and horses, and I could help with supplying food, either with the cheese and bread I got earlier, or by hunting down squirrels and hares"
"and, aye, Jadon sounds like a good place to head to first then, though it might be fun to head through the area with the landsharks((ooc: I cant remember wethe rlandsharks are CR 3, CR 2, CR 6 or CR 12 so i can't remmember if they would kill us at our current level, if they would, then dis regard the "the landsharks could be fun" part))"

Souhiro
2012-08-27, 12:12 PM
"Altough a wagon may be more comfortable (Just one rides, the rest... er... rests) it would be slower... also, it is harder to react in a wagon when bandits ambush us (they'll do. the meaning of their life is just to ambush adventurers)

But if most of us don't have any training as riders... well, I supose it would be better to use a wagon.

Also... Ostriches? you say OSTRICHES? I tough you bought that one for DINNER!!!"

cyblazegk
2012-08-27, 01:14 PM
"An open wagon would be nice because they're easily defensible by archers," Lunas points out.

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-28, 12:07 PM
"It's decided then? You going to take your own cart?"

yugi24862
2012-08-28, 02:51 PM
" Yea, we will take a wagon. Faster and more confortable than on foot, plus gives us extra room if needed.

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-28, 04:17 PM
With that the captain gives you a nod and waves you out as he seems to get into some paperwork. You step outside wondering where to buy a cart, the sun is setting now and dark clouds hang over the city.

Souhiro
2012-08-29, 09:39 AM
"Well, the cart maybe is a good idea. Never had the ocasion to drive one, but it can give us a place where craft our scrolls while driving!"

And... maybe the Goat Man (The one who sold Ketta her ostrich) has some. He's know for having EVERYTHING in store. Let's go, and give a try"

Crazyfailure13
2012-08-31, 01:10 PM
You look around town, eventually as the sun has about set you see a small man with a long beard, infront of a cluster of ostrichs

Togath
2012-09-01, 02:08 AM
"greetings again!, Could you sell us a few more ostriches?, Wee need some for our journey"
"also, do you know anything about the road to Jadon?"

Souhiro
2012-09-01, 04:14 AM
"Well, we would be interested in ostriches, horses, Pigs... but most important, a wagon... one with improved suspension, some nice armor, spare tires...

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-01, 03:33 PM
"I can sell you another ostrich if you want, but as i told your friend here, I sell ostrichs, and ostrich food. If you want a wagon you'll have to look elsewhere".

cyblazegk
2012-09-01, 05:14 PM
"What kind of ostrich and ostrich accessories salesman doesn't sell wagons?" Lunas murmurs to apparently nobody.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-02, 12:35 AM
The Man "Well, I have a lot of Ostrichs I have to take care of, almost 50, I don't have time to do more then sell Ostrichs."

Souhiro
2012-09-02, 08:01 AM
"Ok, don't worry, you get the ostriches from the Carrot Man, and I go to the elsewhere shop this man has said. Anyone comes with me?"

cyblazegk
2012-09-02, 10:45 AM
"Me," Lunas says, raising his hand.

Souhiro
2012-09-03, 02:31 AM
... and then, the cleric and the fighter (or for all that matters, the heavy weapons guys) went to the elsewhere shop.

"Hello, mr. shopper, and sorry for calling so late, but we're in a desperate situation. You sell carts, wagons and carriages?"

cyblazegk
2012-09-03, 10:12 AM
"There better be wagon accessories, too," Lunas mumbles.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-03, 02:28 PM
As you enter the elsewhere shop, better known as Luu's, you walk in and see a familar face"Course I would be open for the ones who saved my shop, sure I have a wagon."

Souhiro
2012-09-04, 04:19 AM
"But... it's your one and only wagon? You'll need it for running your shop!"

(If, and only if, she has an stock of wagons for selling)

"Oh, I'll pick that one! The RoyalBlue one. I like it! don't you, Lunas? Also, We'll need some barrels, for our stock, rations, water..." (Not that we cannot make water with a cantrip, but Natural is Better)

So, Ikals pays for the wagon, for the barrels, some rations for the animals, firewood (Winter is coomming!!) ... And a huge piece of soap! we STINK!

"Thank you! The elsewhere shop ALWAYS has what we need!" He gives his blessings before attaching his horse to the wagon, and carrying it to the Ostrich Man.

He waits for Lunas to buy any accesory he wants (Be it siege engines, reinforcements to the structure...) while he puts his horse, "The Power" in the front of the wagon.

"Come on my friend, we need to show them all why you're called - The Power -"
"(What? you want ME to move that huge pile of junk, wood, and any useless piece of garbage you find in our travel") thinks the horse
"I know it may be heavy, my friend, but you won't have to carry this burden for too long"
"(Pardon me? You want to replace -me-? this adventure don't have started at all, you had only one assault of battle, and you want to ditch me? Have you found an hypogriff mount, or what?)" The horse looks terrified at a glue factory.
"Heheh... poor ostriches, I don't think they'll be able to carry this wagon for too long, but they will be useful"
"(Ostriches? You want to replace me with that stupid bird that cannot fly, run nor endure???? I'm gonna get my feet cut to make Sovereign Glue, and you're gonna replace me with THAT??)"
"That's why you'll be coming with us in this adventure. Also, Ostriches will carry food for you. No more grass, but fine grain!"

The horse makes strange noises, like if he isn't convinced about the outcome of this adventure. He fears that he'll end in some glue factory.

( The Power has a rank in Linguistics (Whatever Iskal Says, while it's funny), so he can understand what I say, but maybe he don't want to obbey me!)

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-05, 08:06 AM
The woman takes you outback behind her building, showing you an old looking wagon <COLOR="Cyan">"She may not look like much but she helped my grandfather during the last Wyvern Migration, you can have her for 10 gold, I don't really need her anymore."</COLOR>

Souhiro
2012-09-05, 08:49 AM
Iskal looks at the old junk... but instead of dissapoint, in his eyes brights the enthusiasm.

"This little piece has an story of her own!"
He does the little scene between he and -The Power- while the fitghter buys accesories to the Wagon, and goes back with Lunas. He also buy some varnish. If he has some time, he'll make some repairs on it.

"Sailors say that having a ship without a name attracts bad fortune... Since we're the guard of medio, what about calling it 'The Guard's Lance' ?"

10 GP for The Lance
8GP for 4 Barrels (One for water, one for food, another for loot, and other for grain.
30 GP for 10ft of Chain, for keeping everything in it's place.
40GP Rations for 8 people, for 10 days: 40GP
0GP water (Free?)
2GP per 10 Gallons of Ale. (Worried, 1 Gallon per Day will be enough?)
Blessing the old lady (Free)

Total: 90 GP.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-07, 02:51 AM
You get the items from the lady, handing her gold in return then you all turn in for the night in the guard barracks, storing your wagon and ostrichs in the lock up shed. In the morning you rise and quickly get ready, being out of the get no more then an hour after sun rise. You all have not traveled outside the city much, and never far, so after an hour passes of traveling you only look at new sights as they pass, the sunlight showing you the pale path of the road before you, which tends to dissapear over or below a hill beyond your view, the hills sometimes reach heights larger then buildings, then dipping just as far into the ground on the opposite side.

yugi24862
2012-09-09, 04:51 PM
"I forgot how hilly the countryside round here was. Last time I came here was years ago, game being good near town."

Togath
2012-09-11, 12:54 AM
"that reminds me, if we run out of rations, I think I know how to cook up a venison stew, or roast hare, and there's probably some of one or the other in the forest around here"

Souhiro
2012-09-11, 02:41 AM
"I have bought enough food for 10 days, and also I'm pretty sure that since we're adventurers, we have packed food ourselves. But with a Ranger and a Druid, and inside a forest... I doubt we'll pass hunger!"

(But while they're talking about food, Iskal looks at the ostriches and smile. 'Roasted Bird....')

"Well, we have to find the witch, and get info about the Wivern migration... Harold, Kettla, you are used to the forests, so if you have to make a settlement here, where did you place yourselves? Somewhere near a river, a clearing, the top of a hill...? Maybe we could find some tracks left."

Togath
2012-09-11, 02:46 AM
"a clearing would probably be best, as it would make it easier to see anyone approaching, and a clearing on a hill could be even better, though you would stick out from a distance."

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-11, 04:15 PM
You travel some time through the grassy tree-bare plains, in several hour their seems not to change around you no matter how much you travel, you notice a small dot moving towards you, after a minute the shape becomes more clear showing several humanoid shapes.

cyblazegk
2012-09-11, 04:35 PM
Lunas readies his bow, notching an arrow. He attempts to inspect the approaching figures.

Perception: [roll0]

Souhiro
2012-09-12, 02:26 AM
Altough he don't brace it (yet) Iskal get a hold of his scyte, ready to wield it.

He also tries to inspect, back to back with Lunas (Perception: [roll0] "You think they're friends or enemies?"

(We didn't refresh our spells, did we?)

yugi24862
2012-09-12, 04:56 PM
Harold readys his bow and studies the approching figures, then says "From this distance, hard to tell. I'd guess unfriendly, knowing my luck."

Perception [roll0]

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-12, 05:25 PM
As you both continue to drew near to each other, they seem to pull out a few weapons, they seem draconic, and you recognize them as Dragonfolk. they come up to you "Hello travelers, have you seen any signs of the Land Sharks, we head to Medio and want to make sure we don't run in to any."

Souhiro
2012-09-13, 06:18 AM
He relaxes his hand from the scythe, and speaks for the group (he's a face, after all)

"As you can see, we're alive and in one piece, so we can asure that we didn't found any landshark; and since we come from Medio... if you follow our tracks, you'll get to the city in no time. The road is pretty sure. I could swear that every time I looked at my left or right I saw some guards of Medio!" (And since WE are the guards of Medio, that isn't a lie at all!)

"Also, we're looking for a renowned witch, that cast bones to tell the future, have you heard or seen something like that?"

Diplomacy: [roll0] (To get the info)
Sense Motive: [roll1] (Did they pull their weapons out of fear because we grasped ours, or they seems to be hostile and just waiting us to turn, so they could backstab us? If the latter is the case, Iskal will put his hand on his weapon, again, and dedicate a stern look to the rest (Time to punish some evildoers... again, sigh!)

Togath
2012-09-13, 09:21 AM
"if the mud's washed away our tracks, that direction" Ketta points towards the region with the land sharks "is where we came from, and fairly safe"
rolling for bluff:
[roll0]

whispering to the nearest party member: "if they know anything about this region, then they'll know that's landshark territory, but if they're hostile, and trying to ambush us, they might not"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-13, 01:53 PM
They seem to have drawn weapons right after you, so you believe it may have just been because of you. as Ketta points in the direction of landshark territory, the draconic face smiles "Thank you, we are traders from the northern desert and don't know much of this region, we have heard that Landsharks roam here, but you seem to know your way." he puts his weapon away and motions for the for the group he leads to manuver his cart towards the direction.

Souhiro
2012-09-13, 03:04 PM
Iskal gives a look to Kettla, like saying "They aren't bad guys! Landsharks are gonna eat them, say something!" if she don't, Iskal will say she's just a prankster, and that way is too muddy for wagons.

He also will ask them for rumours about seers, since the Dragonfolk have powerful magic in their blood.

Before parting, he'll give them his blessings (He's a priest, after all!) and offer them some Ale "God's beverage, folk!"

Togath
2012-09-13, 03:39 PM
"sorry about that, dragonfolk, I was worried about you being bandits, so I pointed you towards the landsharks, instead of away from them, please accept our apologies for nearly getting you eaten".