PDA

View Full Version : WotW: Call forth Darkness OOC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Maugan Ra
2012-08-15, 09:48 AM
OK, ladies, gentlemen and assorted beasties of the deeper pits of hell, report in.

Victor Revalion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14052407&postcount=596)by Razorstorm (Spellslinger)
Kydrak Seldon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=433578) by Thattaman (Transmuter)
Quintinius Veresius (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=433592) by Comissar (Illustionist)
Halifax Eater (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=446313) by Angstrom (Necromancer, I believe)
Ilvaria (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=446081) by Snowfire (Mystic Theurge)
Kin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=446430), by Cloudsmeet. (Evoker)

Cohorts:
Reyna Teodora, Victor's Cohort (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14068688&postcount=646)
Caldrel Seldom (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=463756)

This here is our Out of Character thread. If you want to make any knowledge checks, ask any questions, or form plans for upcoming combat with sudden telepathic abilities, post it here.

Now, for reference, this game assumes that you have been working together for a time as part of the cult. The cult as a whole is known as the Knot of Thorns, your specific sub-cell is the Nessian Knot (or the Ninth Knot, depending). The cult master is one Adrastus Thorn, cleric of Asmodeus, and his direct subordinate appears to be a woman known as Tiadora. Being members of the Knot, you are all signatories to the Pact of Thorns, given below. Exact wording may well become very important later on, as it often does with infernal pacts...

Behold on this day ___________ in the eighth age of the world, a pact is made between Cardinal Adrastus Thorn (hereafter the Master) and those who would be bound to him as his acolytes (hereafter the Bound). Both the Master and the Bound shall hold fast and true to this compact through all trial and tribulation. By blood and soul the Bound commit to the Compact and swear that it shall never be undone.

The Bound shall know and understand the Four Loyalties:

The First Loyalty is to their patron and God - mighty Asmodeus, first amongst the fallen, prince of the nine hells, our father below. They shall do all they can to further his worship and glory.

The Second Loyalty is to their master - He who is called the Cardinal Adrastis Thorn, High Priest of Asmodeus in Talingarde. They shall do the Master no harm and obey his every commandment as long as those commandments do not clash with their first loyalty.

The Third Loyalty is to their companions - the other Bound who serve alongside them. The Bound shall deal with each other fairly and honourably as long as this does not clash with their first and second loyalties. All treasure, wealth and reward garnered in their exploits will be equally shared with all of the Bound who aided in its acquisition.

The Fourth Loyalty is to themselves - for Asmodeus is the Lord of Ambition and all who serve him should strive to become great and powerful in his service, as long as doing so does not clash with their first, second or third loyalties. By their weakness, ye shall know the Unworthy.

The Bound swear that they will cleave to and uphold the Four Loyalties even in the face of death and damnation.

The Master swears that as long as the Four Loyalties are upheld, he shall reward the Bound as they deserve for their deeds.

Thus it is written, thus shall it be.

We, being of sound mind and free body, do so swear and let they who violates this Compact know all the wrath of Hell unending.

Signed

XP count (All of this is individual rewards)

Enough to place you all on level 7
+ 1,080xp each for summoning the outsiders
+ 2,100xp for fighting the Moon Dogs

Maps

Horn of Abaddon Caves (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoARjOK8Gp3dG1QODFJcmNkZW9BZk5GTkFJWjVla2 c)
Level One (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoARjOK8Gp3dDViOXA5YjVzNUV1cXhpX09oTFRMNH c)
Level Two (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoARjOK8Gp3dFhJMDZ3cENVQUZ1N09aMmhOUU1MWn c)
Level Three (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoARjOK8Gp3dEMtTm9LcHdmcDdQUGZ5Y1p6Q3NHTU E)

Your Resources and Allies
8,100gp
(Headband of Intellect +2 x4
Belt of Dexterity x1
30 hit dice of undead)

Fully equipped torture room, presently capable of holding one inmate at a time.
Fully repaired traps and cells.

Fully stocked Tavern and guard rooms, to provide lodgings for over 50 individuals.

Your evil organisation:
Ruthless +2
Secrecy +0
Survivability +1
Connections +3
Espionage +2
Loyalty +1
(Your organisation, as it stands, is mostly comprised of locals from Farholde. They don't stand out much, so they tend to be quite good at finding out hidden information, and they're generally pretty well disposed towards you. They're also pretty good at committing violence)

16 Boggard warriors, led by Zikomo the Shaman.
Ezra Thrice-Damned, Dread Wraith (modified) and his 4 Wraith-spawn minions.
Hexor and Vexor, Greater Ceustodaemons.
Baron Arkov Vandermir, an ally in Farholde and presently the most important nobleman remaining in the area.
Elise Zandira and the Seventh Knot
- Tallus Rakburn, Cleric of Asmodeus
- Titus Rakburn, Ranger
- Dorstan, Barbarian
24 Skeletal Archers, six in each Guard Room
6 Bloody Skeletons of various description, second floor entry hall.
12 Hell Hounds, two apiece
6 Nightmare steeds, one apiece
4 Mud Elementals, guarding mud pit chamber in caves.

Artephius the Alchemical Golem
N Large Construct
Initiative +4 Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light vision. Perception +0

Defense
AC 23 (+10 natural, +4 armour, -1 size)
Hit points: 96
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +8, Will +4
Damage Reduction: 10/Adamantine or Bludgeoning
Immunities: Construct Traits, Magic

Offense
Speed: 30ft
Melee: 2 Slams +19 (2d8+8 plus alchemy)
Ranged: Bomb +15 (8d6 energy damage)
Space: 10ft Range: 10ft

Statistics
Strength 27, Dexterity 18, Constitution -, Intelligence -, Wisdom 11, Charisma 1
Base Attack: +12, CMB: 21, CMD35

Special Abilities
Alchemy: When the golem strikes a foe, there is an additional random effect. It might cause an extra d6 fire, cold, electricity or acid damage, it might cause the target to be sickened for d4 rounds, or it might make the target entangled for d4 rounds.

Bombs: As a standard action, the golem may throw a bomb at any target within 60ft, requiring a ranged touch attack to hit. If it misses, treat it as a thrown splash attack. If it hits, the target takes 8d6 damage of a random type (either Fire, Cold, Acid or Elecricity). Targets within 5ft of the impact point take d6 damage of the same type.

Immunity to Magic: Artephius is completely immune to any spell or spell-like ability that can be subject to Spell Resistance. The one exception is sonic spells, which damage the golem as though it were a crystalline creature.

12 Hell Hounds (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/hellHound.html#_hell-hound), two obeying each of you.

6 Nightmares (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/nightmare.html#_nightmare), one for each of you.

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 10:04 AM
Reporting in Indigo. I'm looking forward to this game a lot. Can I still edit my character sheet slightly? I'm thinking of giving my character a noble outfit. Because he is royal born and will often refer to himself as Lord Kydrak. He will later on get a royal outfit when he rules the world and will instead refer to himself as King Kydrak, The Prophet of Asmodeus.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-15, 10:08 AM
You can wear whatever you want. As part of the initial mission, you were all gifted with Iron Circlets, magical headpieces which allow you to change your physical appearence essentially at will. Fine tools for infiltrators, though the illusions are not immune to magical countermeasures.

And the IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13730687#post13730687) is up. If people would like to describe their appearences and initial actions there, please go ahead.

Time to conquer the world...

Making your own evil organisation
It wouldn't be a villains game unless you had serious numbers of minions to throw at problems and generally take care of the menial tasks (even if it's just holding back the heroes until you can be properly prepared for them... or run for your life). The obvious method of gathering minions, then, is the Leadership feat. But having to deal with ten thousand distinct individuals is rather too much paperwork, and it might well leave you without suitable flexibility.

Therefore, any players who take the Leadership feat may instead take it in the form of an organisation, and multiple players may optionally combine their feats to form a council. Sharing minions allows for an evil force far greater than the sum of its parts, but you will have to share control over it (I encourage pooling resources, mostly because it simplifies the whole thing and is most cost effective).

An Organisation's stats
Much like characters, an organisation has a series of characteristics, representing how good it is at different things. These characteristics are rated from -5 to +10, and by default start at zero.

Ruthless - The Organisation's ruthless score determines how good it is at acts of violence and intimidation. If Ruthless hits -5, you can't order violent actions.

Secrecy - The secrecy score represents how good your minions are at staying below the radar. If this stat hits -5, then your forces are a household name in Talingarde, and odds are serious resources will be leveled towards your destruction.

Survivability - This stat represents a combination of raw numbers and how personally resilient your minions are. If it hits -5, your minions have been wiped out, and you are on your own.

Connections - This stat represents your ability to get non-violent tasks done, be it raising funds, acquiring items of gear, or smuggling agents from place to place.

Espionage - This characteristic is used to acquire useful information, be it public ally available stuff found by trawling the taverns, or top secret data looted from the governor's own office.

Loyalty - This represents how loyal your minions are to you. If it hits -5, they abandon you, and you are on your own. It is also used to resist interrogations of captured agents.

All stats start at 0. For every master (that is, PC) contributing to your organisation, you receive a number of points equal to the charisma modifier of the master (if positive), which can be allocated to any stat. Stats are also improved through in-game events, and every time a master gains a level (so if five of you hit eighth level, the organisation gains an additional +5 points to distribute among its stats).

What can my minions do for me?
Why, all sorts of things. Every in-game week, your minions can perform a number of actions. The precise number of actions depends on the levels and charisma modifiers of the Masters, but the organisation can always perform at least one action per master per week. The results of the action are determined by the DM, who assigns a difficulty for what you want to get done and then rolls a d20, modifying the result by the applicable score. So, if you wanted someone killed, I'd roll and add the Ruthless score. An easy action, like intimidating or bribing the dock workers assigned to a particular area, might have a DC of about eight. A nigh impossible action, like stealing the altar from the local church of Mitra, would be rated at about 25.

Scores can be boosted for individual tasks by assigning a named NPC to lead them, who contributes their own stat bonus to the roll. For example, Hexor and Vexor have strength modifiers of +6. If one of them could be persuaded to assist with the assassination, it would receive an additional +6 bonus on the roll... though it might also lower your secrecy. Word of daemons being used does get around. Unless, of course, there are no witnesses left alive to spill the beans.

Finally, if you are unsatisfied with the result of an action, you may execute the fool who failed you and try again. This grants a re-roll, but reduces loyalty by 1.

Possible actions

Abduct peasants - On a ruthless check, you acquire 2d6 commoners of levels 1-3 for your nefarious purposes. Odds are, their families will never hear from them again.

Assassination - On a ruthless check, you have a particular NPC killed. Especially important NPCs might be immune to death at the hands of minions... when you want something done properly...

Criminal enterprise - On a ruthless check, your minions raise level x d6 x 10 gold pieces for your funds.

Gather Information - On an espionage check, your minions bring you useful information about particular topics or just anything they happen to overhear.

Frame someone - With a successful espionage check, you manage to get the blame for a particular action assigned to another individual or group. Or even have something made up.

Indoctrinate - You use this action to tighten your grip over your minions, raising their loyalty by 1 to a maximum of 0.

Recover - As indoctrinate, but for Survivability.

Lay Low - As Indoctrinate, but for Secrecy.

Training - As Indoctrinate, but can be applied to ruthless, espionage or connections.

Legitimate enterprise - On a connections test, you raise level x d4-1 x 10gp. Less profitable than criminal enterprise, but fewer downsides if it fails.

Hunt Beasts - On a ruthless check, you obtain a number of fierce critters to use as experimental subjects or guard beasts. Generally in the CR 1-4 range.

Torture Captives - On a ruthless check, you receive answers to a number of questions from guests of your dungeons.

Trap building/repair - On a connections test, you build or fix certain traps. You still have to provide the cost of the raw materials, but there's no need for your characters to actually do the work.

Grave Robbing - On a connections test, you acquire dead bodies for reanimation and general villainy.

Guard duty - This is a big one. You create an encounter in a particular location with a challenge rating equal to that of the highest level master, -2.

Other assorted notes
Firstly, taking this option does not deny you the use and design of a cohort. You'll still get one, with a class level determined as per the standard leadership rules. The one restriction is that no cohort may have access to arcane magic (bards I'll allow). You are the wizards in this council, after all. Personal bodyguards would be a recommended build, for when they're not off assisting minion actions.

Secondly, you may gain bonus actions from different factors in-game. As an example, for every eight Boggard allies alive, you get a single 'boggard' action each week. The boggards are terrible at espionage and the like, but they are quite good at ruthless actions.

Thirdly, every week there may be random events, which will influence your organisation in different ways. There's too many possibilities for me to list here, but you'll work it out when they happen.

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 10:21 AM
Prepared spells
1:
Mage Armor
Charm Person (2)
Magic Weapon
Magic Missile
+ Enlarge Person

2:
Eagle's Spleandour
Fire Breath
Fox's Cunning
+ Bull's Strength

3:
Fireball
Suggestion
+ Beat Shape I

Morbis Meh
2012-08-15, 10:27 AM
Frantic, who will go by Stein, shall talk in orange

damn you thattaman lol dark colours suit necros damnit

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 10:30 AM
Frantic, who will go by Stein, shall talk in Indigo

I've already claimed Indigo sorry.

Edit: Missed your edit, dark colours just suit evil in general. Grey suits undead.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-15, 11:06 AM
I've already claimed Indigo sorry.

Edit: Missed your edit, dark colours just suit evil in general. Grey suits undead.

I was actually first on here but before I could post/claim the colour via phone my boss came in :smallfrown: oh well I shall make him the most flamboyant and colourful necro in history... maybe even the Freddy Mercury of the Necromancer world... and as for your 'King' bit good luck at taking over the world when there is an undead army at my characters back :smallbiggrin: and alongside 4 other wizards... if anything it would be better to split the world 6 ways then slowly wage war on each other with puppet rulers while we sit back and laugh(thank you OotS)

Razorstorm
2012-08-15, 11:13 AM
Victor Revilon shall post in Purple.

This is awesome guys! I'm stoked to be here! I've never played on a game on this site before. Do I need to load my character sheet stuff anywhere?

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 11:26 AM
I just realised that me and Tevin did both get in! We are quite smililar though, so I don't know if they'll be some competition between us. Also, we have a party with only one human. I think Lord Kydrak will be slightly irritated about having to work with an elf and a half elf.

Comissar
2012-08-15, 11:27 AM
Quintinius Veresius has always spoken in Cyan and sees little reason to stop now.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-15, 11:27 AM
Victor Revilon shall post in Purple.

This is awesome guys! I'm stoked to be here! I've never played on a game on this site before. Do I need to load my character sheet stuff anywhere?

Nope, our GM has done so for us already and welcome to the game, this will be my first evil campaign... totally stoked for undead shenanigans!

Comissar
2012-08-15, 11:32 AM
I was in a short, one shot campaign once where I played an evil character. At the end I betrayed them all in an amusing manner proved to be a loyal and trustworthy ally.

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 11:34 AM
This is my first time playing in an evil campaign although I have tried to GM this very campaign (but in vain seen as we are doing PbP). If you did point out Kydrak's pointy ears, he'd just use his iron circlet to change into a human who looks very similar to him but without pointy ears.

Comissar
2012-08-15, 11:36 AM
*Casts Silent Image*

Hey, pointy ears!

Morbis Meh
2012-08-15, 11:37 AM
*Casts Silent Image*

Hey, pointy ears!

Ahh comissar is shall be great fun having you here! And as the party troll no less!

Comissar
2012-08-15, 11:38 AM
Ahh comissar is shall be great fun having you here! And as the party troll no less!

What else are illusions for? :smallwink:

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 11:38 AM
You're going the right way of being killed in a painful way either by natural weapons or longsword. I've always liked the taste of raw sylph meat served on a bloodstained longsword :smalltongue:

Comissar
2012-08-15, 11:44 AM
You're going the right way of being killed in a painful way either by natural weapons or longsword. I've always liked the taste of raw sylph meat served on a bloodstained longsword :smalltongue:

Pfft, I'd like to see you try. You'd have to figure out which was the real me first.

*Casts Mirror Image + Blur, preps Windy Escape*

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 11:48 AM
Pfft, I'd like to see you try. You'd have to figure out which was the real me first.

*Casts Mirror Image + Blur, preps Windy Escape*

A simple cantrip can solve that, detect magic. Then I can fireball you, cast beast shape and become a humanoid wolf then run at you with longsword in hand, cast bull's strength slash at you and then eat you. :smallbiggrin:

Comissar
2012-08-15, 11:49 AM
A simple cantrip can solve that, detect magic. Then I can fireball you, cast beast shape and become a humanoid wolf then run at you with longsword in hand, cast bull's strength slash at you and then eat you. :smallbiggrin:

Illusions are magical too, try again ;-)

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 11:51 AM
Illusions are magical too, try again ;-)

I cast detect magic so I can see you through the illusion.

Comissar
2012-08-15, 11:59 AM
I cast detect magic so I can see you through the illusion.

You'd detect that the illusions were magical, and that I was magical, what with me being blurred and all. So, all 5 of me are magical, no help there :smalltongue:

Maugan Ra
2012-08-15, 12:08 PM
Indeed, it would likely take more than a cantrip to beat an illusionist.

Anyway, good to see people reporting in. And someone is flirting with Tiadora. Oh, excellent...

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 12:10 PM
You'd detect that the illusions were magical, and that I was magical, what with me being blurred and all. So, all 5 of me are magical, no help there :smalltongue:

I'd just kill all of you.

Comissar
2012-08-15, 12:13 PM
I'd just kill all of you.

Yes, I'd clearly make it easy for you :smallwink:

Morbis Meh
2012-08-15, 01:20 PM
Yes, I'd clearly make it easy for you :smallwink:

Indeed... the necromancer would back the illusionist since he plans on politely asking the dear fellow to make his undead horde looking like happy clowns, I can't think of anyone that wouldn't want to die whilst being mauled by happy clowns :smallbiggrin: anyways lets not turn this into a pissing contest because who cares if you can turn into a wolfman when i can simply throw my uber skeletal minion at you whilst draining you of your soul :smallwink: but enough of this we are here to work together!

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 01:49 PM
Let's work just work together as one happy murderous and evil family! :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2012-08-15, 01:52 PM
Let's work just work together as one happy murderous and evil family! :smallbiggrin:

Indeed, the family that slays together stays together!!!!

Comissar
2012-08-15, 02:55 PM
I just want to say, who are you calling a fey! I'll have you know I'm a native outsider :smalltongue:

And I entirely agree, any illusions I may pull out against our little party will be in good jest. Or amusing pettiness, I guess.

Tevin
2012-08-15, 03:08 PM
Interesting party composition. Well, Xannek will speak in Dim Gray. Hopefully that shows up alright.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-15, 03:10 PM
I just want to say, who are you calling a fey! I'll have you know I'm a native outsider :smalltongue:

And I entirely agree, any illusions I may pull out against our little party will be in good jest. Or amusing pettiness, I guess.

Grumble grumble... silly DnD and changing them into outsiders every book I have read that doesn't fall within DnD/Pathfinder specifies them as a type a faerie and thus fae/fey but tricks shall be had! So our characters need to discuss creating an undead horde then making them look like clowns it would be a marvelous prank considering children will think it is a carnival XD

Tevin
2012-08-15, 03:13 PM
Interesting party composition. Well, Xannek will speak in Dim Gray. Hopefully that shows up alright.

Comissar
2012-08-15, 03:27 PM
Grumble grumble... silly DnD and changing them into outsiders every book I have read that doesn't fall within DnD/Pathfinder specifies them as a type a faerie and thus fae/fey but tricks shall be had! So our characters need to discuss creating an undead horde then making them look like clowns it would be a marvelous prank considering children will think it is a carnival XD

A Carnival with a ferris wheel, a donkey ride, some candy floss. Man, it'd be awesome. Leave it set up a few days, let people grow to like it and love it, then lock them in there.

Thattaman
2012-08-15, 04:18 PM
Or you could have an army of undead nuns. That would freak out anyone at church.

Are you going to constantly point out Kydrak's ears? He's getting very insecure :-(

Comissar
2012-08-15, 04:28 PM
Or you could have an army of undead nuns. That would freak out anyone at church.

Are you going to constantly point out Kydrak's ears? He's getting very insecure :-(

An evil illusionist making fun of a known insecurity? Say it ain't so! :smalltongue:

Anyway, it's not something he's likely to do all the time, variety is the spice of life after all. I'm sure Quint just couldn't resist doing it this once.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-15, 04:30 PM
And thus does Adrastus Thorn inform you of your mission. It is in no way suicidal ;)

Comissar
2012-08-15, 05:08 PM
So... Technically we've not been ordered to give the vial to him. He's said he wants it, a statement rather than an order, and he's told us to go get it, which is an order. What do you think the chances are that we could keep it for ourselves and pull the wool over his eyes?

Thattaman
2012-08-16, 01:51 AM
Tomorrow I'm going on holiday to San Fransisco and coming back on the 28th. So I won't be able to post at all tomorrow and posting will be sketchy until I come back.

Thattaman
2012-08-16, 02:40 AM
Hah, I'm now going to constantly make fun of Quint's tattoos!

Lionheart
2012-08-16, 02:53 AM
Aridun shall speak in Dark green because elves will be elves...

Morbis Meh
2012-08-16, 08:36 AM
Interesting the party has 2 trolls, 2 pricks and 2 neutral PC's... interesting how the elf is calling the Dhampir a child... 200 years isn't exactly in diapers (well maybe the reverse end) XD

Comissar
2012-08-16, 02:33 PM
Way I see it, with the others being Human, Elf or somewhere inbetween, they're all a bit too fixated on the serious day to day business. Being an Outsider is very freeing, and I imagine there's not a lot of call for concern about your own wellbeing when you're already basically dead. Leaves you free to enjoy the finer eccentricities.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-16, 03:05 PM
True enough though being half undead and the longevity allotted with it allows one to not worry about death so much as standard mortals so they can indulge in silliness

Comissar
2012-08-17, 04:37 PM
Is the Barons residence a sufficiently obvious place that I could cast Clairvoyance to see inside of it? Would be handy if I could do so for planning purposes :smallwink:

Thattaman
2012-08-18, 10:43 AM
I've arrived in San Francisco! :smallbiggrin: But my advice, never go to Philadelphia airport.

Comissar
2012-08-18, 11:41 AM
So I'm pretty much going to go all out on illusions spells this day, seeing as we're not expecting to do anything more taxing than "persuading" a guy to help us.

Razorstorm
2012-08-18, 07:33 PM
Somehow I screwed up my dice roll... Not sure what I did wrong...

Thattaman
2012-08-18, 09:02 PM
Did you edit the roll in? Because that always messes them up.

Razorstorm
2012-08-18, 09:06 PM
Oh, yeah, at first I used the wrong command, and went to fix it (dice instead of roll). That makes sense.

Razorstorm
2012-08-18, 09:09 PM
Rolling again for perception
[roll0]

Is there anything else I should roll f my research?

Tevin
2012-08-18, 10:30 PM
Sorry guys I'm afriad I'm going to have to drop out of this. I just recently picked up a lot of extra work and with the game I'm running in real life and the one I'm starting on here I can't commit to this game. Luckily you had a bunch of interest and I'm sure replacing me wont be difficult at all. Again, my apologies and good luck with the game.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-19, 12:23 AM
Tevin - Shame, but I understand. Thanks for letting me know.

And posted up there is what folks discover. Technically, I'm being lenient with exact dice rolls and tests, but as it's a pbp I don't want to slow the whole game down.

Oh, and no, no one in town appears to know anything about the Baron's past as an Asmodean cultist.

Thattaman
2012-08-19, 12:33 AM
Are we going to get a new person or just have a party of five?

Morbis Meh
2012-08-19, 01:11 AM
Hehehe time to find one of the stronger low lifes, kill him, raise him to be my meatshield minion then disguise him so he can walk around town without any problems!

Comissar
2012-08-19, 05:30 AM
Hehehe time to find one of the stronger low lifes, kill him, raise him to be my meatshield minion then disguise him so he can walk around town without any problems!

That all seems a little circuitous, why not just disguise yourself?

Morbis Meh
2012-08-19, 04:25 PM
That all seems a little circuitous, why not just disguise yourself?

...well skeleton's stick out like a sore thumb and necromancy is illegal according to the DM so if I want my undead minion to be able to go around with me I have to disguise him...

Maugan Ra
2012-08-20, 09:15 AM
So, yeah. Not to dismiss your bluff attempt there, Morbis, but you did just walk into the shadiest section of town, approach a group of disreputable looking gentlemen, and claimed the coin purse you were holding contained more money than they could earn in a year of legitimate labour.

And I'll likely move onto the meet with the Baron in a few hours anyway, just to keep the game flowing. My internet access is somewhat spotty at the moment, so I want to make the most of it.

Comissar
2012-08-20, 09:24 AM
You mean waving around a lot of money in the shady part of town while surrounded by a band of thugs is a bad idea? :smallconfused:

Maugan Ra
2012-08-20, 09:26 AM
You mean waving around a lot of money in the shady part of town while surrounded by a band of thugs is a bad idea? :smallconfused:

It's amazing, I know, but thus have I been assured by knowledgeable peers.

Thattaman
2012-08-20, 11:09 AM
Looks like Schtein needed me to come and save his half-dead but before a load of thugs came and mugged him. I also managed to get some minions in the process.

Edit: I didn't quite manage the minions part but still Schtein has kept his gold.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-20, 11:15 AM
...no, no you didn't. Because they decided that running away was a more sensible option than confronting the sadistic stranger with a sword.

Seriously, you openly told them you were possibly intending on torturing one of them in front of the Baron, and that you'd enjoy it. Why would they have stuck around to serve you in the wake of that?

Comissar
2012-08-20, 11:16 AM
I'm seeing no minions, also fairly sure he could've got himself out of it :smallwink:

Also also, not sure telling people you're going to torture them is the best way to persuade them to come with you.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-20, 11:16 AM
Thattaman, I did not need saving and you in fact ruined my shot to get my minion... colour spray would have taken out most of them so thanks for interferring :smallmad:

Maugan Ra
2012-08-20, 11:19 AM
Please keep disagreements based around IC actions to the in-character thread. Establishing rivalries and dislike between characters is fine, I would rather not have it spill over into the OOC stuff.

Thattaman
2012-08-20, 11:22 AM
You're welcome, Lord Kydrak strikes again. You'll think twice before insulting my heritage. The thugs would be weak minions anyway and we don't need them

I'm sorry if you had some kind of master plan, but Kydrak isn't exactly the best at negotiating, so he thought that he would just scare them off before they went for his coin purse. He does ultimately respect his companions, but he does find it quite amusing to scare off a load of orphans. I'm sure you'd have done the same if it looked like I was doing something that could benefit me.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-20, 11:24 AM
You're welcome, Lord Kydrak strikes again. You'll think twice before insulting my heritage. The thugs would be weak minions anyway and we don't need them

I'm sorry if you had some kind of master plan, but Kydrak isn't exactly the best at negotiating, so he thought that he would just scare them off before they went for his coin purse. He does ultimately respect his companions, but he does find it quite amusing to scare off a load of orphans. I'm sure you'd have done the same if it looked like I was doing something that could benefit me.

What ever, as for the minion part I would have made a damn strong undead minion from one of them which was what I was going for... if that's what you're going to do whenever someone tries to do something your character will end up dead rather quick since you are violating the pact...

Comissar
2012-08-20, 11:25 AM
Quint is business before slightly after pleasure :smalltongue:

Thattaman
2012-08-20, 11:28 AM
Ok, sorry I messed up your idea, let's just forget about it OOC and ypu.can have some kind of revenge IC. I've got quite a good weakness coming up which you can endlessly mock, so you can mock me then.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-20, 11:35 AM
Ok, sorry I messed up your idea, let's just forget about it OOC and ypu.can have some kind of revenge IC. I've got quite a good weakness coming up which you can endlessly mock, so you can mock me then.

Oh no, it's fine, I am not mad or anything. I was merely commenting if your character was going to sabbotage his companions plans so they wouldn't gain advantage then you would be disrupting the cult of Asmodeus' plans thus violating the pact. As far as IC revenge, the dead can wait, he will merely store it and won't take action unless it happens again...

Thattaman
2012-08-20, 11:38 AM
Kydrak does ultimately respect all of you, even the elf, but he just thought that he would try to chip in and either get minions for himself or get nothing.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-20, 11:44 AM
And... Thus do you learn that Baron Vandermir doesn't just have thugs in his employ. The orphan naturally went and tattled on you immediately to the nearest of the Baron's household soldiers.

I dislike forcing anything on players, but I think I'll move you on to the meeting with the Baron shortly. Before someone gets themselves arrested or murdered.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-20, 12:14 PM
Right, there we go. Slight bit of DM-fiat to get you all to the meeting, but it is quite an important event. The Baron could make for a useful ally.

Though since you checked Aiden Kel's room and found the map, technically you don't need him. You know where the Horn is, now. This is your chance to persuade the Baron, one way or another, to help you and thus make certain later events easier. Roleplay, go!

Razorstorm
2012-08-20, 01:03 PM
I'm not one of our best "faces", so I'm gonna hang back from the conversation and stare down the guards a bit.

Something we might want to sync up on... What exactly do we WANT from this guy, now that we know where the Horn is?

I'd like to see what he knows about it, as I'd like to go in as not-blind as possible. Maybe he has some old texts. Hell, if he's as reformed as he's playing, he probably wouldn't even want them any more. Library, woot!

I sure wouldn't mind seeing if we could get him to give us some cash to just go away. I'm kinda broke at this point... :tongue:

Morbis Meh
2012-08-20, 01:07 PM
Well all I have ranks in is intimidate and bluff... not going to do very well here right now and all I want is one of his more sturdy/experienced guardsmen as a 'bodyguard' so I can murder him and thus create a proper minion. I do have a question for our DM: Does the necrothurge feat entitle me to a free spell slot everytime I kill anything -3 CR below me or does it only allow me to swap out one of my existing spells for a necrothurge spell? Personally I am interpretting it as the latter since the other way seems rather... strong. Just thought I'd ask though.

Razorstorm
2012-08-20, 01:10 PM
Huh... looking through our character sheets, we really don't have a "face" in this party do we? This should be interesting. Well in that case, here goes!

Razorstorm
2012-08-20, 01:12 PM
Huh... looking through our character sheets, we really don't have a "face" in this party do we? This should be interesting. Well in that case, here goes!

Razorstorm
2012-08-20, 01:16 PM
Oh, and before we go to the Baron's I cast Mage Armor on myself, so that'll be good for 4 hours.

Spell Remaining

1st Level
Mage Armor
Grease
Burning Hands
Abundant Ammunition

2nd Level
Knock
Scorching Ray
Gust of Wind

Maugan Ra
2012-08-20, 02:22 PM
Morbis - We'll go with it allowing you to swap out spells, I think.

In terms of what you want from him, well, breaking a holy seal and summoning a daemon prince back to the material world isn't an easy or quick task. An alliance with the Baron would be a good way to get a base of operations, financial support, access to rare items, minions by proxy... All that good stuff.

Razorstorm
2012-08-20, 02:47 PM
Good point! Oh, and nicely done, turning our expectations on our ear! :smallamused:

So I say we aim for his support and cooperation!

Maugan Ra
2012-08-20, 04:28 PM
A quick bit of history about Talingarde. Eighty years ago, a civil war was fought between House Barca, then the royal family, and House Darius. The Darians were victorious, despite long odds against them, and credited their victory to the blessings of the Sun God, Mitra, who they had taken as their patron.

The Darians were mostly magnanimous in victory, sparing the allies of the defeated Barcans so long as they pledged allegiance to House Darius and ceased their worship of Asmodeus, who had been the patron god of House Barca. Ankov Vandermir was a young man then, and he complied with the demands, at least visibly.

For a few years after that, Asmodeus worship was still permitted, it was just removed from its position as state religion and fell out of favor. Then came the reign of Markadian II the Zealous, who instigated a massive witch hunt and did everything he could to stamp out the devil-worshippers. He was, by and large, successful, and it was the Inquisition he left behind that kept most people from taking up the practice again out of fear. Worship of Mitra has since risen to eclipse pretty much anything else in the realm, and Asmodeus is referred to only as 'The enemy'. Usually.

Just a bit of flavor...

Thattaman
2012-08-20, 07:04 PM
Schtein can use his intimidate and bluff for persuassion, so I cast eagle's spleandour on him. Just warn him about Asmodeus's wrath and use your now plussed Charisma.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-20, 10:10 PM
...dear god creepy necromancer has to be creepy! THE PRESSURE!!!

Comissar
2012-08-21, 03:45 AM
He seems pretty non-plussed by Asmodeus' wrath to be honest, I'm thinking that's not the best path to take.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-21, 05:31 AM
Alternately, he doesn't believe that Asmodeus is likely to smite him for not assisting you. After all, if he had a gold piece for every time someone assured him that they were personally on a mission from the Dread Father...

Morbis Meh
2012-08-21, 08:10 AM
Well to be honest there seems like no likely option into persuading him then, intimidate won't work due to him being in his home, surrounded by guards. Bluff isn't very likely to work for long if it does, since we are so incredibly limited in our skills (and no one took diplomacy...) this is really a moot point. I say leave him, get the disease use it on his house hold first then laugh at his face as he lays dying in agony.

Thattaman
2012-08-21, 08:27 AM
Or we could kill him and use our iron circlets to become him.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-21, 08:30 AM
Or we could kill him and use our iron circlets to become him.

True but I noticed he has a grudge against the royals so I will try to play that to our advantage. As for bluffing/threatening, it isn't Schteins style to do that against fellow Barons especially hospitable ones.

Comissar
2012-08-21, 09:30 AM
Thing is, we don't need to lie at this point. It's in his best interests to not be killed by the plague, he's well placed to take advantage of the fall out and he gets a bit of revenge. It's all good so long as we can make him see that.

Thattaman
2012-08-21, 09:39 AM
I think we may have him soon.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-21, 10:11 AM
We should offer him a hug and a cookie... that would win almost anyone over instantly :smallbiggrin:

Maugan Ra
2012-08-21, 11:52 AM
Right, the Baron has thus been brought onto your side. I'm going to perform a bit of a time-skip next, to the point where you enter the Caer Byr and go looking for the Horn of Abaddon. Technically, this means skipping past a short scene where you meet your fellow evildoers in the Seventh Knot, who have their own mission to be performing in Farholde. Mostly, that involves keeping any curious adventurers away from the Horn while you do what needs to be done.

For summary purposes, the Seventh Knot (also known as the White Ravens) consists of the following:
- Elise Zandira, a witch who worships a being she refers to as the 'Endless Winter'. She's a white haired human woman.
- Dorstan Alfson, a half elven barbarian from the north. He wields a great sword and is fanatically dedicated to Elise, while being generally taciturn to everyone else.
- Tallus 'Trak' Rackburn, a human ranger. He's a bounty hunter, and may be in love with Elise. Generally, he's a quiet sort.
- Titus 'Trik' Rackburn, a human cleric of Asmodeus. Brother to Tallus, and indeed looks virtually identical with his long dark hair and pale skin. He's a friendly and personable sort who looks almost entirely out of place in such an evil organisation.

Since interactions with these folks are likely to happen to only one or two of you at a time, they will be handled by PM. Because I do love some covert scheming. Likewise, if there's anything else you want to get done before leaving Farholde, PM it to me. Schtein in particular will need to inform me what he's up to with that bodyguard who, I suspect, is not long for this world.

Otherwise, decide on your spell selections for the next day, and we'll be off into the Caer Byr in search of the Horn of Abaddon. Which is a lovely sort of holiday destination.

Oh, and before I forget, everyone gains 600 xp for forging an alliance with the Baron.

Thattaman
2012-08-21, 12:22 PM
I assume this is going to be all out killing of goody creatures protecting the horn so

L1
Burning hands x3
Mage armour
Magic Weapon
+Stone Fist

L2
Fire breath x2
Bull's Strength
+Bull's Strength

L3
Fireball x2
+Beast Shape I

Morbis Meh
2012-08-21, 01:34 PM
YAY!!! Fun times will be had, I will PM sometime soon. I have a meeting to attend right now... I think Schtein should hit on the witch :smallbiggrin:

Comissar
2012-08-21, 02:46 PM
Cool hills, is it bad that I'm trying to work out how they would have formed? My current thoughts are that it was some severe faulting/folding :smalltongue:

Also, hot and sticky jungle environment :smallfrown:

Maugan Ra
2012-08-21, 02:46 PM
This is not an ominous set of rolls, and you should in no way feel threatened by them...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]

Comissar
2012-08-21, 03:03 PM
This is not an ominous set of rolls, and you should in no way feel threatened by them...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]

*Checks the +'s against the party init modifiers*

Well, I'm not sure if I should be concerned or relieved that they don't look like they match up.

Comissar
2012-08-21, 04:08 PM
Nuts, I started posting that before the tree post even came up but now we've managed to get Schtein speaking in between.

Quint has a handy plan that plays to his strengths :smallwink:

Morbis Meh
2012-08-21, 04:16 PM
Nuts, I started posting that before the tree post even came up but now we've managed to get Schtein speaking in between.

Quint has a handy plan that plays to his strengths :smallwink:

Feel free to execute said plan, Schtein is just lying his pale bony butt off at the moment

Maugan Ra
2012-08-21, 04:38 PM
And some quick knowledge checks, for folks who put ranks into Knowledge (Nature)...

[roll0] (Aridun)
[roll1] (Kydrak)
[roll2] (Schtein)

Maugan Ra
2012-08-21, 04:39 PM
Kydrak:
Jurak the elder is a Treant. He possesses the ability to speak to other plants and call them to his side in battle, but is vulnerable to fire.

Everyone else:
It's a giant bloody tree that has suddenly started talking. Don't encourage it.

Comissar
2012-08-21, 04:41 PM
Kydrak:
Jurak the elder is a Treant. He possesses the ability to speak to other plants and call them to his side in battle, but is vulnerable to fire.

Everyone else:

Can I challenge it to a poetry contest? I'm curious to see how many ranks it put into "Verb Form", 'cause mine is completely maxed out

Razorstorm
2012-08-21, 06:39 PM
Kydrak:

I literally LOL'd. Well played sir!

Comissar
2012-08-22, 07:10 AM
Is it just me or have we lost Lionheart?

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 07:42 AM
We may have. I've been contacting some other people, seeing if they want to take part in place of the ones we've lost. Granted, four people is still enough, but more would be better (and give folks a greater chance of survival).

In the mean time, best to have Quint explain his plan for getting past and/or dealing with the sentient tree.

Comissar
2012-08-22, 07:50 AM
Said plan is being composed as we speak.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-22, 08:00 AM
Just to give you a heads up... I have 3 bodyguards with me right now...

Comissar
2012-08-22, 08:01 AM
Just to give you a heads up... I have 3 bodyguards with me right now...

Got it, plan will still work.

My super awesome plan is go!

Morbis Meh
2012-08-22, 08:15 AM
Just ignore these rolls people...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 09:26 AM
And I am entirely sure that painting the faces green was completely necessary :smalltongue:

Still, it works. The strealth bonus for being invisible puts Quint's skill bonus sufficiently high that I'm not even going to roll. The Treant is still out there though, so be careful in future.

Comissar
2012-08-22, 09:31 AM
And I am entirely sure that painting the faces green was completely necessary :smalltongue:

Still, it works. The strealth bonus for being invisible puts Quint's skill bonus sufficiently high that I'm not even going to roll. The Treant is still out there though, so be careful in future.

Utterly! They need to be convincing looking plants after all. Would an illusionist lie?

Thattaman
2012-08-22, 09:51 AM
I've got a huge amount of fire spells and with a creature vulnerable to fire, I think we can kill it, unless it has a load of tree servants, which would be slightly annoying.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-22, 09:58 AM
I've got a huge amount of fire spells and with a creature vulnerable to fire, I think we can kill it, unless it has a load of tree servants, which would be slightly annoying.

This is why a NE 3.5 druid with initiate of nature would be valuable right now!

Razorstorm
2012-08-22, 10:04 AM

I knew this plan would involve me looking ridiculous! I just knew it!

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 10:07 AM
Heh. Anyway, you're at the Horn now, and the invisibility spell has expired. Now there are technically five possible ways in, though only three are accessable without climbing or flight. Chose your entrance, and let's get on with reclaiming the Horn.

(Incidently, the Horn does look like a giant skull face with three eyes.)

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 11:20 AM
Right, I believe that's two votes for going in via the Maw? That being the most obvious entrance, and the one that Schtein scanned particularly.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 12:36 PM
For future reference, in explorations of dungeons etc, I will assume that the whole group is following the actions of whoever happens to post first. If you wish to split up (and it is not advised, at least right now) make sure to clarify that point in your posts.

I'm also generally going to be generous and assume that you are always exploring cautiously, looking around, watching for traps, that sort of thing.

Razorstorm
2012-08-22, 01:31 PM
Remember that I have Trapfinding, with a Perception of +8 when traps are involved.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-22, 01:39 PM
Remember that I have Trapfinding, with a Perception of +8 when traps are involved.

Thank almighty Cthulhu someone has that...

Comissar
2012-08-22, 01:43 PM
Let's split up and look for clues!

Razorstorm
2012-08-22, 02:09 PM
Let's split up and look for clues!

I'll take the busty blonde chick with me! They're always the safe one to be with when splitting up to look for clues!

Comissar
2012-08-22, 02:28 PM
I'll take the busty blonde chick with me! They're always the safe one to be with when splitting up to look for clues!

I'll take the Great Dane, see if we can't find the local food vendor's

Morbis Meh
2012-08-22, 02:35 PM
I'll take the Great Dane, see if we can't find the local food vendor's

I shall take the token racial minority... that's always the safe bet, isn't it?

Comissar
2012-08-22, 02:54 PM
So, to check, we're going in the spooky cave (http://lfgcomic.com/page/556)?

Comissar
2012-08-22, 03:23 PM
Just thought, how dark is it? Because I'm aware that we have some people present who cannot see in the dark.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 03:31 PM
It's quite dark, but at the moment there's enough light coming in from the main entrance to provide illumination. And further in there's light emitting algae or moss or whatever else happens to be necessary. Because I'm not quite that much of a ****.

On an unrelated note... Does anyone happen to have healing potions? Because those would be useful. :smalltongue:

And can I assume you're following the boggards?

Morbis Meh
2012-08-22, 03:42 PM
Nope no healing potions... those are bad! Inflict light wounds... maybe I do, maybe I don't

Comissar
2012-08-22, 03:43 PM
Lack of healing potions here, simply didn't occur to me.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 03:49 PM
Healing is basically the one thing Wizards can't usually do themselves. Still, don't worry, there are ways around this.

Anyway, incoming post, wherein we find out whether you lot are as good as you claim to be...

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 04:12 PM
And... Your turn. For clarity, the boggards tried for a stealth check and failed, but won the initiative anyway. Also, Deafening Croaks mean that when you act, you need to make two DC13 will saves each. If one is failed, you are shaken for d4 rounds. If both are failed, you are frightened and must flee for d4 rounds.

Yay, ambushes.

Comissar
2012-08-22, 04:19 PM
... Nuts, flat-footed. Was about to comment that the attack just missed. That said, now is as good a time as any to utilise Windy Escape (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/windy-escape).

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 04:23 PM
Interesting spell. But yeah, if you want to use that, now might be an idea.

Comissar
2012-08-22, 04:26 PM
Blergh, shaken for 4 rounds?

Better than legging it I guess.

Also, ouch, you rolled max damage against poor old Quint :smallfrown:

Also also, if I were to cast Mirror Image with Displacement/Blur active. Given that Mirror Image creates exact duplicates of me would the Displacement/Blur miss chance be applied to the figments as well?

Morbis Meh
2012-08-22, 04:58 PM
Sorry for not having the skeletons done but you erred in your post, that attack didn't kill the skeleton and thus didn't cleave... also their FF AC is 20 just so you know...

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 05:01 PM
There was no mistake. Cleave doesn't require a kill, just a hit. And I'm working on the basis of the relevant stat block given on the Srd for the skeletons, so no need to roll HP or anything for them.

Razorstorm
2012-08-22, 05:19 PM
So just since I've never played with you before, are we not worrying about initiative for the party? Dont' worry about it?

Comissar
2012-08-22, 05:21 PM
I think the normal way to do things is do the PC's in clumps on either side of the NPC's. So each round you could have PC's with init higher than NPC's, NPC's, PC's with lower init than NPC's. Actual turn order would be determined by post order, it's just an easy way to keep things running smoothly.

In this particular case, we're all after the NPC's, so it'll just be "he who posts first, goes first".

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 05:21 PM
Initiative is being tracked. However, in other PbP games that I've run or been in, nothing slows and potentially kills a game like forcing PCs into a particular initiative order. So I roll for the group as a whole, using the best initiative from among them, and allow you all to act where necessary in the 'PC turn'.

Razorstorm
2012-08-22, 05:24 PM
Also- Are they arranged in such a way that I can Grease a few (10ft square)? or Burning Hands a few (15ft cone)?

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 05:27 PM
The two that hung back could probably both be hit with a casting of Burning Hands, yes, though they're a bit too far apart for Grease to work.

The ones attacking your group are also valid targets, if you don't mind hitting your teammates...

Morbis Meh
2012-08-22, 05:28 PM
There was no mistake. Cleave doesn't require a kill, just a hit. And I'm working on the basis of the relevant stat block given on the Srd for the skeletons, so no need to roll HP or anything for them.

ah I see, that is a rule that changed in PF... I see I see, good to know

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 05:56 PM
Victor is going to need to post again, since the rolls don't appear to have worked properly.

Razorstorm
2012-08-22, 05:56 PM
What's wrong with my rolls?

I entered [ roll ]1d20+5[ /roll ] as the format. (without the spaces of course).

Maugan Ra
2012-08-22, 05:57 PM
Hmm. Did it initially refuse to submit the post, or fail to? That often screws up the coding. Likewise, any editing attempts don't usually work with rolls.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 10:47 AM
And... Your turns again people.

Yes, Kydrek is currently unengaged. I like enemies to occasionally show a bit of tactical cunning. In this case, the chieftain withdrew from the skeletons, and had his two remaining followers attack Schtein. If the skeletons press the attack, Schtein is undefended, but if they double back then the chieftain has a free run of the battlefield.

Still, you're probably going to win this one. And in doing so, kill the boggard chieftain, whereupon traditional bad guy succession methods come into play. I did say you'd get minions...

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 11:11 AM
...Actually the way you are suggesting what happened in the first round one of Schtein's minions should have had an AoO against the leader here is how the skeletal guards are formed around Schtein and how I interpreted what happened

Initial before encounter: So the boggard Leader attacked 2 skeletons thus an AoO should have been given in the first round
M
(BL?)M(BL?) which then would look something like this (BL?)M
MSM MS

This round: I assume the boggards moved in a way that would not provoke an AoO correct? since I doubt they would be able to move directly behind Schtein and still attack
M
MB
MSB

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 11:15 AM
*grumbles* In future, I am going to have to use google docs or something to get a map done for these fights. I usually do without, but the business with attacks of opportunity is a fair point.

Ok, because I cannot bring myself to argue exact positioning points here, have an AoO against the leader and then I'll be more careful in future with the exact positionings.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 11:21 AM
I will just roll it here if that's fine... sorry but they charged from the front and I did describe the positions the skeletons were in before the fight broke out...

AoO
to hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]
strength [roll2]

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 11:34 AM
Wow. You are just having the worst luck with the d6's today...

Thattaman
2012-08-23, 11:35 AM
I seem to have slept through the start of this battle. Also, how many battles are there likely to be? So I know whether to use firball or burning hands. I think rhis game may be tough with only four of us. I suppose we'll have to try to recruit these boggards.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 11:38 AM
Wow. You are just having the worst luck with the d6's today...

lol oh well, the strength damage is much more valuable anyways... I figure that the poor leader is almost down to 0 after the punishment he took... I am just curious if he is exhausted on top of everything else... I am pretty sure that it hit considering his AC, including touch, was -2 less than before due to cleave. So unless he has a dex of 22 or 20 with dodge then he would have been hit (I doubt his dex is anywhere near that....)

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 11:48 AM
Well, telling you just how many fights there are in any part of the adventure would just defeat the point. However, by and large, you will almost always have time to prepare new spells and heal between fights. There are exceptions of course, mostly towards the end of this book, but generally most of Call forth Darkness deals with preparing your shiny new dungeon for attacking adventuring parties rather than fighting off endless monsters.

Thattaman
2012-08-23, 11:52 AM
I wasn't asking for a specific number just whether we need to save our spells.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 12:47 PM
And since that would involve telling you what's coming up in the adventure, you'll have to exercise your best judgement instead.

Also, on the chieftain - I checked, and Ray of Enfeeblement can't drop strength below one. But at effective strength 1, even the leather armour he's wearing counts as a heavy load, never mind the great-sword. He's basically non-combatant, and given that you forced him to that stage in a humiliating fashion, the boggards are all hesitating. This would be a fine moment for making a demand for surrender or something.

(A significant majority of encounters in this adventure path can be negated and/or avoided with the use of clever thinking and well chosen words. Several can even be turned to your advantage. Full xp is still awarded for dealing with them in that fashion.)

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 01:06 PM
Also, on the chieftain - I checked, and Ray of Enfeeblement can't drop strength below one. But at effective strength 1, even the leather armour he's wearing counts as a heavy load, never mind the great-sword. He's basically non-combatant, and given that you forced him to that stage in a humiliating fashion, the boggards are all hesitating. This would be a fine moment for making a demand for surrender or something.

...Time for Schtein to become new cheiftein of boggards! Intimidation shall be oh so fun!

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 01:34 PM
...Well between those two lovely intimidate checks I think we may have some frog lackeys... possibly a new sword for Kydrak!

Thattaman
2012-08-23, 01:37 PM
I'm not proficient with greatswords unless I was allowed to swap some of my feats around.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 01:39 PM
I'm not proficient with greatswords unless I was allowed to swap some of my feats around.

What a pity... C'est la vie, though if you wouldn't mind I call dibs on the chief death blow just so I have the option of using a necrothurge spell later if I need it.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 01:49 PM
There's no problem with killing the chief like that, no. He really can't do anything, being barely able to move at the moment. Now, you have a number of minions... what next? If nothing else, there's more than five boggards in a tribe...

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 01:52 PM
There's no problem with killing the chief like that, no. He really can't do anything, being barely able to move at the moment. Now, you have a number of minions... what next? If nothing else, there's more than five boggards in a tribe...

I have enough minions to worry about I will nominate Kydrak and Victor as my co captains for boggard brigade since they know fighting and what not.

Thattaman
2012-08-23, 01:57 PM
I'll rule with an iron fist, any that disobey me will be killed instantly. Kydrak will send them to their death without caring if it helps our cause.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 02:02 PM
Everyone gains 1,300xp for defeating the ambush and suborning the Boggards to your will.

Comissar
2012-08-23, 02:51 PM
You rolled max damage against Quint twice :smallfrown:

Glad I had some defensive spells ready for action though.

Also, we have 9 Boggards still alive?

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 02:53 PM
Four boggards. Four of them and their chieftain attacked you, and only the chieftain died.

There are, naturally, more than that in the tribe, but they are not involved in this fight right here.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 02:57 PM
But then again we can discover the remainder of the tribe and enslave them right?

Comissar
2012-08-23, 03:01 PM
Ah, misunderstood you, I thought you were saying there were five others in addition to those we had here.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 03:36 PM
Just to be clear, there are currently now sixteen boggards in the tribe, plus Zikomo Hears-the-Father, their shaman. And some quick checks against Knowledge (Planes)...

[roll0] (Kydrak)
[roll1] (Quint)
[roll2] (Schtein)

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 03:36 PM
Messaih's of an evil prophesy??? I like it!

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 03:43 PM
Schtein recognizes the shaman's tattoos as being prayers to some sort of unholy being. Quint recognizes them as being dedicated to a being called 'Father Dagon', and not, you know, Vetra-Kali. It would appear the Bane-Wog tribe is somewhat mistaken as to the purpose of the Horn.

How unfortunate.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-23, 03:53 PM
We've stumbled upon a Lovecraftian Cthulhu cult! No biggy we lie about our purpose and laugh as the demo rips them to shreds XD

Comissar
2012-08-23, 04:06 PM
Gotta love the convenient lie already set up for us.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 04:15 PM
Pretending to be emissaries of the gods in order to manipulate the locals into doing your bidding is a time honored evil tactic. And technically, you are the emissaries of a god. It's just not the one the locals believe you represent. Recursive deceit.

And yeah, Paizo have a fondness for Lovecraft references.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 06:38 PM
Well, just need someone to speak with the lovely, possibly insane Shaman with visions of cthuloid monstrosities in his head. In the meantime, I'm going to work on using google docs to actually make a map of the Horn. Or at least, those parts of it the boggards know about.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-24, 06:06 AM
And... map! The other levels will be coming soon, as will an IC post. This is also a simplified map, with no secret doors marked, and with a few irrelevent sections removed.

Horn of Abaddon - Cave levels (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoARjOK8Gp3dG1QODFJcmNkZW9BZk5GTkFJWjVla 2c#gid=0)

It's a google docs file, and while technically I believe it can be edited by anyone, please don't just yet.

Comissar
2012-08-24, 06:58 AM
"Denied access"

I have requested access though.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-24, 08:02 AM
Ah, my bad. OK, it should be enabled for public viewing now, but not editing.

And Victor, you find signs of architecture in the cave with the mud pits, where apparently the temple above extended some kind of support down into the rocks. Odd that it doesn't appear to have been done anywhere else, though.

If anyone wants to explore a particular location in the caves, let me know.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-24, 06:48 PM
The holding pen is where the boggards keep any captives or prey that they've managed to get their flabby mitts on. It is presently empty.

And as for where you have to go, well, aside from the abyssal head handing out clues, it's usually a decent bet that the important stuff is at the very top of the temple.

Razorstorm
2012-08-25, 05:11 PM
Well what do you know, guys, I just learned something about "Evil Victor"! He's totally into creative torture gadgets! (Note that the original creation of his concept was never evil, I just modified it for this campaign.)

Razorstorm
2012-08-26, 01:38 PM
@Morbis - All good bro! He'll let it pass.

Razorstorm
2012-08-26, 11:18 PM
It just occurred to me that I haven't seen any familiars among our group. Does anyone have one?

Comissar
2012-08-27, 02:27 AM
Would I be able to cast Clairvoyance on the Balcony/Third Level?

And no familiar here, I'm using an archetype which removes that as an option.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-27, 02:30 AM
Ah, an interesting idea. Yes, you can, since the balcony region is certainly within your range limit. And there's no anti-scrying magic effect in place. Would you like to use the spell?

Maugan Ra
2012-08-27, 02:31 AM
(Summon post...)

Comissar
2012-08-27, 02:43 AM
I think I would. I'll have to use up Lightning Bolt to do so, but hopefully it'll be worth it. (Yay spontaneous divination!)

Comissar
2012-08-27, 03:39 AM
Dismiss Forum Goblins!

Morbis Meh
2012-08-27, 08:35 AM
I think it was worth it, gave us an idea out what we were walking into and knowing there are some magical beasties there is also helpful.

Comissar
2012-08-27, 08:45 AM
Agreed, and unless anybodies confident we can take them on as we are currently, it may even be worth waiting until we can re-prepare spells. As a side note, that's all my clairvoying done for the day.

Razorstorm
2012-08-27, 08:54 AM
Do we perhaps want to try going in the front door and see what we see? I don't think we have a good way to get all of us up to that balcony anyways.

Comissar
2012-08-27, 08:56 AM
Exploring the rest of the place is also a good idea, it would be better if we could save spells rather than using up a set of Fly spells.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-27, 10:52 AM
Indeed wasting fly spells would be wasting a spell slot (though i do have it prepared but I have the ability to swap it out for one of my necrothurge spells) I say we try to clear out the bottom of the temple then chill with the boggards for a while.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-27, 02:42 PM
Rather than stretch things out, I assumed you'd explore most of the level. Since there are no encounters on this particular floor, it was easy enough. A proper map will likely be put up once I have the time to sit down at a computer and do it.

Razorstorm
2012-08-27, 04:53 PM
@Morbis - Dude, Schtein is all about kicking my puppy today, isn't he! :smallfurious:

Morbis Meh
2012-08-27, 07:42 PM
@Morbis - Dude, Schtein is all about kicking my puppy today, isn't he! :smallfurious:

Sorry man... Schtein is more of a no nonsense type guy despite his frivolous demeanor, he will follow orders to a T. He was remorseful to say it though since he does agree that it is a wonderful little place but hey being minions and having missions to accomplish leaves little play time :smallfrown: As for your puppy... if he kills it he can make it a cute undead puppy for you!!!

Maugan Ra
2012-08-27, 07:46 PM
Puppies have no place on the Way of the Wicked!

And despite what Schtein believes, you may well be here for some time. That's an artifact sealing the shrine, after all, and such things are not easy to bypass or destroy...

Anyway. Now, anyone want to study any of the individual areas with more detail, or would you like to head on up to the second floor?

(And on a side note... While I'm assuming you're looking for traps, I'm not testing for secret doors and the like unless you deliberately say you look for them)

Razorstorm
2012-08-27, 10:48 PM
I think your rule for traps vs secret doors is fair for now. We're doing a first pass. I say we progress to the second floor, but if people feel like resting, Victor will totally start trying to sort through the notes in the Golem room.

Comissar
2012-08-28, 02:17 AM
Quint still has most of his spells prepped and ready, so I say we press on for a little longer. On an unrelated note, I'm moving back down to uni today and into a new house in the process, my internet access is likely to be shaky at best for the next week or so. I'll make the effort to get on at least once per day for the week. However, I will then have a field trip for 10 days starting next week monday. I'm not expecting to have any internet access during that time. It should be business as usual following that though. I'm happy to let somebody else control Quint during that time.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-28, 08:07 AM
I am fine with continuing on, Schtein has most of his spells and all of his body guards, with the ability to make more if need be.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-28, 01:59 PM
Gah. I apologise, but it seems I was reading the map of the Horn incorrectly. It was designed as a fortress at least as much as a place of unholy worship, and thus there is no ordinary staircase that leads between the first and second floors. To move from one to the other, you need to walk outside, go right the way down to the ground, and then back up the staircase to the relevant entrance.

Well, there are ways of moving around inside the Horn, but you haven't been looking in the right places or properly discovered them yet. Secrets and all that.

Anyway, incoming post...

Razorstorm
2012-08-28, 02:32 PM
Awww, Schtein isn't such a bad guy after all!:smalltongue:

@Kydrak *bro-fist*

Morbis Meh
2012-08-28, 03:15 PM
Awww, Schtein isn't such a bad guy after all!:smalltongue:

@Kydrak *bro-fist*

Well he is a necromancer and thus specializes in demoralizing/debuffinf so he can be a debbie downer :smallbiggrin: though it will be a fight to determine who gains control over the golem...

Thattaman
2012-08-28, 04:12 PM
Kydrak totally wants this gollem. A being that will follow all his commands and isn't completely weak. I have a feeling me and Schtein might have a small rivalry. We have very different idea of what being evil really means. I also second the inventive torture, Kydrak likes prolonged torture. (He once tortured his father for 2 hours, mainly for his own enjoyment. :smallamused:)

Morbis Meh
2012-08-28, 04:22 PM
Kydrak totally wants this gollem. A being that will follow all his commands and isn't completely weak. I have a feeling me and Schtein might have a small rivalry. We have very different idea of what being evil really means. I also second the inventive torture, Kydrak likes prolonged torture. (He once tortured his father for 2 hours, mainly for his own enjoyment. :smallamused:)

Hey may want the Golem but there are other wizards who would stake claim to this construct, heck schtein may even contest for it (IC not seriously though due to his own minions). Schtein prefers psychological torture opposed to physicals since watching someone break is extremely entertaining and destroying the body means destroying potential minions.... though this golem could be a breaking point in the party and at the moment Schtein is in position to take it by force if need be but he would probably only prevent Kydrak from taking possession to get even from previous interactions... I would vote that Razor storm gets it he is the gun mage and guns and robots just go so well together!

Thattaman
2012-08-28, 04:26 PM
If you stopped me by force, then you'd be breaking the Pact of Thorns, and may Asmodeus give you mercy. Anyway, Kydrak will claim rights to the gollem, but will not be willing to use force to get it.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-28, 05:01 PM
I direct you gentlemen to the Third Loyalty - spoils, such as the Golem, are to be split between those who aided in it's acquisition. In this instance, acquiring the golem would likely constitute repairing it, for which you would need Craft (Alchemy) in all likelihood. It's an Alchemical golem, which means it can shoot exploding bombs from its hands.

That said, if any of you can manage to repair the golem by yourselves and take sole possession of it (the thing is intelligent enough to recognize either one master or a group of them equally), it is likely a very useful minion. If nothing else, Golems are totally immune to magic.

Anyway, anyone got anything they want to do on this floor? You can't find any way up to the third floor, save from going back to the entrance and quite literally climbing up there. Now might be the sort of time to make more thorough searches of interesting areas. Or investigate the sounds of movement coming from within the acolyte dormitory areas.

Also, maps will be incoming, but as I cannot bloody well do them easily on my pad, they will wait until I have access to an actual computer.

Razorstorm
2012-08-28, 08:15 PM
Well this is embarrassing! I thought I had learned Detect Secret Doors, but apparently not... Anyone got it in their spellbook? If not, mundane search, here I come!

Maugan Ra
2012-08-28, 08:47 PM
Well, there's always the old fall-backs of detect magic and the like, which are useful for searching places. Certainly there's more than a few interesting effects in the Horn.

Also, yes, oozes in the dormitories. You could probably seal them away and/or ignore them, but that might not be a viable solution for the long term. Beyond that, the statue is a petrified man and one of the pillars is hollow.

Razorstorm
2012-08-28, 10:32 PM
I think we should deal with the oozes before they do any further damage. We should make this area as safe as possible as soon as possible.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-28, 11:28 PM
If you stopped me by force, then you'd be breaking the Pact of Thorns, and may Asmodeus give you mercy. Anyway, Kydrak will claim rights to the gollem, but will not be willing to use force to get it.

He can claim all he wants doesn't mean he will get it and Schtein will help in repairing the thing. Also I wouldn;t be violating the pact I would be actively be gaining power thus fine and as for force, intimidation would work wonders in this instance since you would be gravely outnumbered 4-1 but like the DM said if we all help build it then it will recognize ALL of us as its masters. A fair trade off IMO because having a minion immune to magic in an all wizard campaign is really unfair for a single person.

Edit: You in fact would be violating the pact by staking claim to something that would be considered loot and Schtein would only prevent you from hogging something you have no right to hog thus upholding the pact while Kydrak violates it

Comissar
2012-08-29, 03:48 AM
Detect Secret Doors is Divination, right?

I'll be able to handle that then. Do we want to sweep the whole place first before going over with finetooth combs? Doing that would help avoid any nasty surprises. Also, I think Oozes first may be the best idea. Unfortunately, I'm not really prepared to be dealing with them with anything short of a magic missile wand at this point.

Thattaman
2012-08-29, 04:04 AM
I don't want to start yet another argument with Morbis Meh. Kydrak was just a bit ambitious about this golem and thought that Schtein was being overly dismissive. I also don't have detect secret doors.

Comissar
2012-08-29, 04:07 AM
With the archetype I'm using, I can convert spells of the same level to divination. That's basically how I did the whole clairvoying stuff. So detecting secret stuff isn't a problem. Just be aware that the more I do that, the less use I'll be in fights. I've already burned up the only major offensive spell I had ready for today.

Thattaman
2012-08-29, 04:12 AM
With the archetype I'm using, I can convert spells of the same level to divination. That's basically how I did the whole clairvoying stuff. So detecting secret stuff isn't a problem. Just be aware that the more I do that, the less use I'll be in fights. I've already burned up the only major offensive spell I had ready for today.

Don't worry about it, I have three burning hands, two firebreaths and two a fireball, aswell as a load of transmutaion spells and a longsword. I just prepared for a fight up the stpes of the horn. If I knew there were so many minions I might have got suggestion.

Comissar
2012-08-29, 04:18 AM
Alrighty then, done a sweep of the room with Magic Vision (TM). I doubt I'll be back on a computer again later, so if somebody else could take over as and when it's necessary. My prepared spells (including used spells, these will be struck out) are as follows:

Spells, spells, spells:

Level 0 - Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost

Level 1 - Windy Escape x1, Silent Image x1 (One converted into a Detect Secret Doors spell), Vanish x1, Colour Spray x1

Level 2 - Minor Image x1, Mirror Image x1, Gust of Wind x1, Hypnotic Pattern x1

Level 3 - Invisibility Sphere x1, Lightning Bolt x1 (Converted to Clairvoyance), Displacement x1

Woo, max damage for the wand!

Maugan Ra
2012-08-29, 06:59 AM
With that roll, Quint realizes that these are Verderous Oozes. They are likely immune to any sort of illusion magic that relies on sight, have no real minds to influence, and cannot be polymorphed.

Crucially, he remembers that they are not only immune to piercing and slashing damage, but acid and fire as well.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-29, 09:27 AM
Also, here's the map to the Horn of Abaddon, Level One (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoARjOK8Gp3dDViOXA5YjVzNUV1cXhpX09oTFRMN Hc). All the chambers are labelled.

The prison and cage, notably, connect up to the currently disabled pit trap in the entrance to level 2. The cage itself is currently busted up, but with repair to it and the trap, anyone who tries getting in the second level would fall straight into a prison cell. Which could concievably be fitted with either spikes or an acid bath, if you're not interested in living captives.

If you are, it's conveniently adjacent to the torture chamber.

The map of the second level will be completed as soon as I can get it done.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-29, 09:43 AM
Don't worry about it, I have three burning hands, two firebreaths and two a fireball, aswell as a load of transmutaion spells and a longsword. I just prepared for a fight up the stpes of the horn. If I knew there were so many minions I might have got suggestion.

Dear god I think we are really really screwed against these ooze :smalleek: lol Between all our our spell lists these buggers are immune to everything we can throw at them.... well hopefully they are not immune to strength drain and maybe our gracious DM will allow us to be creative in doing damage... maybe take a penalty to attack to hit them with a flat of the blade like an improvised club? Thankfully we have a gun mage, hooray for bludgeoning bullets!

Comissar
2012-08-29, 10:47 AM
Kind of figured you couldn't fool an ooze with an illusion, immune to fire is going to be fun though. Don't tell me that none of you prepared magic missile? :smalltongue:

Morbis Meh
2012-08-29, 10:56 AM
Kind of figured you couldn't fool an ooze with an illusion, immune to fire is going to be fun though. Don't tell me that none of you prepared magic missile? :smalltongue:

Nope... i don't even have it on my spell list... at least one of them is sickened!

Comissar
2012-08-29, 11:10 AM
Thinking about it, can we find a pit or something to temporarily trap them in? I'd prefer not to be the one to be dealing all the damage while it slowly munches through us.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-29, 11:25 AM
Sorry forgot to bring my portable hole XD OH! If it fell into one could I seal it up then throw the hole at an enemy later so I throw the ooze at it? Like a messed up poke ball?

Maugan Ra
2012-08-29, 11:40 AM
I always encourage bizzare and creative ideas. In terms of containing and/or avoiding them, well... Here's a tip. Bull rush. Schtein has mostly disposable minions, and the oozes got in through a gap in the wall in the room behind them. Said room is quite high off the ground.

I won't often offer such tips, but in this case, the oozes have an advantage since the mission book was written with a more balanced party in mind.

Comissar
2012-08-29, 12:08 PM
Hrmm, is my knowledge check sufficient to know what these particular Oozes would consider to be their most appealing meal, whether they're aware that they're taking damage and how they sense food? Specifically, would I be able to draw them out of the crack they climbed out from via. the use of Ghost Sound to make it sound like there was an easier meal out there?

Thattaman
2012-08-30, 06:20 AM
With my spells I think I'd have an easier time single-handedly killing that tree than fighting theese oozes. Anyway, my first spell of the day and it's utterly wasted. :smallannoyed:

Maugan Ra
2012-08-30, 08:43 AM
Hrmm, is my knowledge check sufficient to know what these particular Oozes would consider to be their most appealing meal, whether they're aware that they're taking damage and how they sense food? Specifically, would I be able to draw them out of the crack they climbed out from via. the use of Ghost Sound to make it sound like there was an easier meal out there?

They eat just about anything, with a preference for small mammals. They're certainly aware of damage, and they hunt via, effectively, heat and motion. Fire might temporarily confuse them, and if your illusions can produce a tactile element, that would also work to lure them away.

Comissar
2012-08-30, 09:14 AM
If sound is involved as well as motion/rudimentary sight then could I use a Minor Image to create, say, a number of rodents scampering about outside the crack to get them to move back that way? Or would the sound be completely lost on them?

Maugan Ra
2012-08-30, 09:40 AM
It might well work, though at present they are rather more interested in the larger mammels they can detect nearby. Namely, you lot.

Alternately, to prevent this from dragging out too long and to get the game back on track, I ran some numbers. Assuming Schtein's bodyguards pick up makeshift clubs or something, they can bludgeon the oozes to death eventually. One of them would be destroyed and another reduced to all of 7hp, and Quint would have to use another eight charges on his wand of magic missile, but that'd about do it.

Would that be acceptable, since it would allow you to get back on with exploring the temple and finding your way to the Sanctum?

Comissar
2012-08-30, 10:25 AM
It'd suit me fine, whether Schtein is willing to let his minions take that kind of a beating is up to him of course. I just figured the Ooze's would have a self-preservation instinct which, were we to inflict enough damage, would lead them to leaving in search of easier prey (provided by a minor image) allowing reduced damage to our party.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-30, 11:08 AM
I think you aren't accouting for Strength damage.... his minions would not take as much damage as the oozes strength went down due to their attacks being worse. I can also bolster their hp every round so they don't lose their actual HP...

Maugan Ra
2012-08-30, 12:23 PM
Ah, quite right. Very well, incoming post.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-30, 02:57 PM
And... congratulations, you've found the secret staircase. It ascends straight through the columns on the first and second floors and emerges on the third floor of the Temple.

Now, would you like to go straight on up, or would you like to wait and possibly refresh spells?

Comissar
2012-08-30, 03:06 PM
My vote is on refresh and reload. We know where to go now and we know this area's clear.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-30, 04:17 PM
Indeed spend the time we have refreshing, Schtein only needs 2 hours of sleep so he can use his spare time to work on the Golem repairs.

Razorstorm
2012-08-30, 04:29 PM
No glass vials in the golem workshop?
Any sign of a kitchen in the living quarters?

Morbis Meh
2012-08-30, 04:32 PM
Who knows the place was trashed and it has been a few hundred years... anyways I messed up on my post I need to correct it: It's hydrofluoric acid that eats glass, running on 4 hours of sleep isn't a good thing.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-30, 05:06 PM
There are glass vials to be had, yes, and the Death's Head tavern includes a fairly simple kitchen.

Maugan Ra
2012-08-30, 06:11 PM
And... post. Please say hello to Hexor and Vexor, bound daemonic guardians of the Horn. And choose your words very carefully. Or your spells. Whatever works.

Comissar
2012-08-31, 01:17 AM
Friendly Daemons, polite and friendly daemons no less. I can't help imagining them with upper class British accents now, "Good day old chaps, I'm terribly sorry but you aren't allowed any further here."

Razorstorm
2012-08-31, 01:37 AM
Hahah! I just noticed that forums bleeped out me saying that I c0cked my gun! That's hilarious! I went back and edited by post to something the forums found more appropriate. Funny!

Comissar
2012-08-31, 02:32 AM
Woo, another max roll! That's going to stop happening precisely when I need it most now.

Thattaman
2012-08-31, 02:45 AM
Hopefully these Daemons like Vetra-Kali otherwise we're stuffed. Trying to go less heavy on the fire spells this time.

Comissar
2012-08-31, 07:05 AM
I doubled up on Lightning Bolt, so hopefully I can be a little more helpful if we end up fighting them.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-31, 08:05 AM
My spells are identical expect I swapped Animate undead lesser with haste.

Comissar
2012-08-31, 10:21 AM
Question, is the next chamber the one with the storm elementals we saw earlier?

Assuming of course that we know where we are in relation to said chamber.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-31, 10:23 AM
Thattaman... *high five* WE DID IT!

Maugan Ra
2012-08-31, 10:28 AM
And congratulations on saying the one thing that could have persuaded them to stop - namely, that you're here to restore Vetra-Kali. Everyone gains 1,600xp for 'defeating' them in such a way, and now you have a pair of Greater Ceusetodaemons as allies for the duration of your mission.

And yes, the next chamber at the stop should be the one with the statue of Vetra-Kali, the Seal and the storm elemental.

Comissar
2012-08-31, 10:29 AM
I'm thinking I might try and pull off a similair trick with the storm elementals, what with speaking the same language, being a creature of air and all. I'd prefer not to fight things that are more than likely highly resistant to lightning with lightning. We can always get the golem components elsewhere (I take it we couldn't use some of Quint's blood for the reagent of lightning? (emphasis on some) :smalltongue:)

Maugan Ra
2012-08-31, 10:37 AM
That... is a very interesting idea. Hmm. You'd still need some of the storm elemental's blood to serve as the reagent of lightning, but if combined with the blood of a Slyph, it is possible that you could use non-harmful amounts of both.

Would require remarkably persuasive Roleplaying, though.

Comissar
2012-08-31, 10:38 AM
That... is a very interesting idea. Hmm. You'd still need some of the storm elemental's blood to serve as the reagent of lightning, but if combined with the blood of a Slyph, it is possible that you could use non-harmful amounts of both.

Would require remarkably persuasive Roleplaying, though.

I've already got an idea in mind, will be so damn awesome if I pull this off.

Morbis Meh
2012-08-31, 10:38 AM
Hey Schtein could always bluff them into donating blood for the semi annual air elemental blood drive, right now Type Storm elemental is in high demand and I am sure they would jump at the chance to save a life; remember, blood: it's in you to give :smallbiggrin:

Comissar
2012-08-31, 10:43 AM
Hey Schtein could always bluff them into donating blood for the semi annual air elemental blood drive, right now Type Storm elemental is in high demand and I am sure they would jump at the chance to save a life; remember, blood: it's in you to give :smallbiggrin:

I have to admit, if that campaign were presented by the grisly visage of the semi-undead I would definitely be more motivated to do so :smalltongue:

Oh, also, 10 doses = 10 vials? Or is a dose less than a vials worth? If we were to mix the blood, would it be 50/50 his/Quint's or would less of the elementals be needed because Quint's is basically the same?

Comissar
2012-08-31, 11:21 AM
I've only got about 5 minutes left before I'll need to leave the library I'm in, I've sent the plan along with my IC post to Maugan via. PM. I'm unlikely to be posting again now until after my fieldtrip (tomorrow will be my only oppertunity and I'm expecting to be tied up all day tomorrow), which ends on the 13th (I'm not certain if I will be posting on the 13th or not, so I think assume my next check in will be on the 14th).