PDA

View Full Version : chainmail bikini armor enhancement rules

Venger
2012-08-15, 11:33 AM
I remember there was some enhancement for armor that made it so essentially you could wear a chainmail bikini. the text said something like "the magic directs enemy attacks towards the armored parts of your body, few though they may be"

I sort of remember is being in the back in a weird place in the book like an appendix or something, and that it only costs a few hundred gp (like 300 or 700) rather than being a +1,+2, etc.

it had a name that was like valorous (but it was not the valorous property from unapproachable east) like glorious or righteous or something like that.

does anyone know what this is? I know I saw it talked about on the forum before, but I've been unable to successfully search for it since I don't remember the name.

anyone know what this is and where it's from?

Kazyan
2012-08-15, 11:45 AM
It sounds like it's from BoEF.

Don't use BoEF.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2012-08-15, 12:05 PM
Oh come on. Metaphysical Shaper is like the best class ever.

It might have been from the Chainmail Bikini book.

The Glyphstone
2012-08-15, 12:07 PM
BoEF is an important book to have - how else can you know about the love life of an ooze?

Its crunch comes in three categories: Tasteful, Balanced, and Useful. Sometimes two at once, but nothing qualifies for all three simultaneously.

Venger
2012-08-15, 12:08 PM
Oh come on. Metaphysical Shaper is like the best class ever.

It might have been from the Chainmail Bikini book.

It sounds like it's from BoEF.

Don't use BoEF.

no, it was from a real, 1st party, published WotC book. I remember having looked it up before, just not where.

CyMage
2012-08-15, 12:10 PM
Gloryborn. DMG2, page 277.

Kazyan
2012-08-15, 12:11 PM
no, it was from a real, 1st party, published WotC book. I remember having looked it up before, just not where.

Oh, alright then. It just sounded 3rd-party. >.>

tyckspoon
2012-08-15, 12:13 PM
Pretty sure you're talking about Gloryborn; it's in the DMG2 with some other special armor/weaponcraft templates (you might remember this as the source of the more optimization-relevant Feycraft/Githcraft templates for Arcane Spell Failure reduction.) It's made to justify having your 'armor' look like something off a Frazetta cover and still provide actual protection- it's not stupid, it's magic!

grarrrg
2012-08-15, 12:13 PM
BoEF is an important book to have - how else can you know about the love life of an ooze?

Its crunch comes in three categories: Tasteful, Balanced, and Useful. Sometimes two at once, but nothing qualifies for all three simultaneously.

I hear that The Glyphstone reads it for....the articles....

Venger
2012-08-15, 12:23 PM

Thanks! that's exactly what it was.

Oh, alright then. It just sounded 3rd-party. >.>

I can't blame you in the least, it really does. hearing it, I probably would have said the same thing. that's the dmg2 for you.

Winter_Wolf
2012-08-15, 12:35 PM

You...you're serious, aren't you? :smalleek:

Every time I hear about BoEF, I'm happier that I saw the cover and went, "Yep. Nope." and never looked back.

herrhauptmann
2012-08-15, 12:35 PM
Thanks! that's exactly what it was.

I can't blame you in the least, it really does. hearing it, I probably would have said the same thing. that's the dmg2 for you.

There was a 3rd party armor enchantment I remember reading about back in 2002 that did pretty much the same thing.
I believe it was made by the same company that did this: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Swords-Power-Weapons-Book-D20-D-D-Dungeons-Dragons-/00/s/MTYwMFgxNDM5/$T2eC16FHJHoE9n3Kd3i,BP5QbQdzsQ~~60_57.JPG

The Redwolf
2012-08-15, 12:36 PM
I have to ask, what's BoEF, I get that it's Book of something, but what is the something?

Goggalor
2012-08-15, 12:40 PM
I have to ask, what's BoEF, I get that it's Book of something, but what is the something?

Book of Erotic Fantasy.

kitcik
2012-08-15, 12:41 PM
It could easily be "evil f^%king" but in fact it is "erotic fantasy."

grarrrg
2012-08-15, 12:45 PM
It could easily be "evil f^%king" but in fact it is "erotic fantasy."

Strangely enough, I hear the BoEF is one of the BEST written books.
The content may not be for everyone anyone, but the writing is solid.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-08-15, 12:47 PM

It's the Book of Erotic Fantasy.

The Redwolf
2012-08-15, 02:02 PM
That...is horrifying. Like seriously horrifying...

The Glyphstone
2012-08-15, 02:02 PM
Strangely enough, I hear the BoEF is one of the BEST written books.
The content may not be for everyone anyone, but the writing is solid.

Well, best-written in its particular niche. Few people agree that said niche needed to be filled, but it's the only book for said niche that is anything approaching professionally and solidly written.

You...you're serious, aren't you?

Every time I hear about BoEF, I'm happier that I saw the cover and went, "Yep. Nope." and never looked back.

Dead serious. Here, I'll even share it with you - verbatim from the book:

One ooze. Idiot damages ooze. Two oozes.

Eldan
2012-08-15, 02:12 PM
Alternatively, glamered armour can look however you want it to.

Ravens_cry
2012-08-15, 02:21 PM
Alternatively, glamered armour can look however you want it to.
Even nothing at all . . . nothing at all . . . nothing at all. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4iVQyp9L4)

grarrrg
2012-08-15, 02:28 PM
Dead serious. Here, I'll even share it with you - verbatim from the book:

One ooze. Idiot damages ooze. Two oozes.

Ooze mating is very S&M.

irbaboon
2012-08-15, 02:41 PM
I think there was a 3rd party d20 RPG called BESM. Stands for big eyes small mouth. it was a play off of generic anime. they had some odd rules like that. lol brings an entirely new meaning to "less is more''.

Psyren
2012-08-15, 02:49 PM

The Playground's mastery of 3.5 trivia still amazes me :smallsmile:

But interesting fluff aside, the crunch of this ability is pretty weak.

Ravens_cry
2012-08-15, 02:50 PM
Ooze mating is very S&M.
Not exactly mating so much as mitosis.

Downysole
2012-08-15, 03:05 PM
The Playground's mastery of 3.5 trivia still amazes me :smallsmile:

But interesting fluff aside, the crunch of this ability is pretty weak.

150 gp to cut down on the AC drop from charging? What barbarian wouldn't make the investment?

Psyren
2012-08-15, 03:22 PM
150 gp to cut down on the AC drop from charging? What barbarian wouldn't make the investment?

Evil barbarians, for one, as they eat a cumulative penalty for wearing them. Also, how many barbarians go shopping in Ysgard?

The Glyphstone
2012-08-15, 06:48 PM
Evil barbarians, for one, as they eat a cumulative penalty for wearing them. Also, how many barbarians go shopping in Ysgard?

Any barbarian that can afford the Planeshifts. Ysgard is basically Ultimate Viking Heaven++, it'd be the prime vacation plane of choice for any high-level barbarian.

Eldan
2012-08-15, 07:16 PM
Or home. I can't remember ever playing a barbarian who didn't come from Ysgard. Of course, my last barbarian was a Lillend, but that's not hte point :smalltongue:

jackattack
2012-08-15, 07:45 PM
If a wizard can craft Bracers of Armor or an Amulet of Natural Armor that convey full-body protection, he should be able to do the same with a chainmail bikini.

herrhauptmann
2012-08-15, 08:19 PM
Ooze mating is very S&M.

What? Where did you think the half-ooze templates come from anyway?
Found a good image to go with it, but yeah, it's NSFW...

herrhauptmann
2012-08-15, 08:22 PM
Ooze mating is very S&M.

Well where did you think the half-ooze templates came from?
Found an image, but surpisingly, it's NSFW.