PDA

View Full Version : Druid build help and pointers.

Tomas
2012-08-15, 01:52 PM
I would appreciate any advice on this druid build. It is my first attempt at this class. The DM is starting the campain at lvl 1 and we have access to core rule books, complete series, and the two compendiums. We have a 32 point buy for base stats. Here is what I have currently.

Class: Druid 1
Str: 10
Dex: 10
Con: 16
Int: 12
Wis: 16
Cha: 12

Skills:
Concentration: 7
Craft(): 1
Craft(alchemy): 1
Handle Animal: 5
Heal: 3
Knowledge(Nature): 7
Listen: 7
Profession(Hunter):5
Ride: 2
Spellcraft: 3
Spot: 5
Survival: 7
Swim: -2

This is where I am unsure of which feats to take. Here is what I have up until lvl 15. I see this druid as an animalistic with ability to buff his animal compainion.
Feats:
H: Spell Focus (Conjuration)
1: Companion Spellbound (PH2, p. 77)
3: Augment Summoning
6:Nature Spell
9: Oaken Resiliance
12: Leadership??
15: Multi-Attack??

Thanks for the help or advice.

Gwendol
2012-08-15, 03:46 PM
Greenbound and ashbound summoning are often recommended for druids focused on summoning, but both are campaign specific and therefore perhaps not suited for you.
Rapid metamagic allows application of metamagic feats to spontaneously cast spells, without the normal extension of casting time.

Also, there should be one or more druid handbooks out there.

Mnemnosyne
2012-08-15, 03:57 PM
Consider dipping 1-3 levels of Wizard (depending on your campaign's power level - the less levels of Wizard you dip, the stronger you'll be overall) to gain access to the Arcane Hierophant class. For anyone focusing on their animal companion, Arcane Hierophant's companion familiar ability seriously buffs that up.

eggs
2012-08-15, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't make a spellcaster above level 12 without either one of the Quicken or Ocular spell feats or a very good reason of avoiding them.

Otherwise, my advice probably isn't going to swing too wildly away from any druid guide - Greenbound and Rashemi Elemental Summoning are good enough that you might think twice about taking them, on account of tearing the game apart; Initiate of Nature and Ashbound Summoning are reliable filler; Summon Elemental has amazing utility, even if it doesn't add much brute force; Natural Bond may or may not be a strong filler feat, depending on interpretation/implementation of ambiguous rules.

Invader
2012-08-15, 07:15 PM
If you're going to be using SNA then listen to Gwendol and see if you can get greenbound summoning. Ashbound is good for summoning but it causes you to hate arcane magic which to me means you wouldn't want any magical items it they were made with arcane magic but really that's more fluff than crunch.

Generally feats 9, 12, and 15 are wildshape enhancement feats;

9 - Assume supernatural ability
12- Dragon wildshape
etc.

If you're going to be buffing a lot you can't go wrong with extend spell.

Urpriest
2012-08-15, 08:10 PM
You've listed the player books you have access to, but for a Druid Monster Manuals are just as relevant. Are you limited to core in those?

Venusaur
2012-08-15, 09:35 PM
Which 2 compendiums are we talking about? The rules compendium isn't very useful, but the spell and magic item ones are useful.