PDA

View Full Version : Techgnomes: racial traits [New race, 3.5, PEACH]

Uncle Pine
2012-08-15, 02:19 PM
Techgnomes are super intelligent isolated humanoids that reached an impressive level of technology. They abandoned magic long time ago, and once risked mass extinction after refusing to withstand divine laws. As a result, they now live in inhospital lands "where gods won't disturb the growth of the Empire".

For now I only prepared the racial traits, but I'll write down the entire racial background as soon as I find the right words :smallsmile:

TECHGNOME RACIAL TRAITS

+2 Con, +6 Int, -2 Str, -2 Cha: Techgnomes are small but tough beings. They are smarter than most races, and often look down on them. Techgnomes are very pragmatic and often seek their goal with obsessive devotion.
Small size: As a Small creature, a techgnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Techgnome base land speed is 20 feet. Howewer, techgnomes can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
Low-Light Vision: A techgnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Weapon Familiarity: Techgnomes treat hand bombards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152229#top) as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
Hard worker: Each techgnome learns how to serve her society in some way. This ability grants a +4 racial bonus on both a Craft and a Profession skill of his choice. They are treated as class skills in all respects for all classes she has levels in, both current and future. Should she choose Craft (alchemy), she wouldn't need to be a spellcaster to create alchemical items.
Favored Class: Evolutionist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240717#top). Techgnomes are indeed proud, but they are intelligent enough to admit that they are not perfect. On the other hand, they know how to polish their weaknesses, and often do so. A multiclass techgnome's evolutionist class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
Level adjustment +2.

Basically, the main concept is that of a race with an extremely well organized society and high level technology. Every techgnome's goal is the glory of the Empire, which he will try to reach through countless sacrifices, if necessary.
Feel free to comment and express your thoughts!

Credits to Draken for his Evolutionist class and his hand bombards.

Uncle Pine
2012-08-17, 03:34 AM
Come on! Over 50 views and yet no replies? Is it really such a bad idea? What's the problem?

Ashtagon
2012-08-17, 04:03 AM
Why wouldn't I want to play this if going for any Intelligence-based caster class?

nonsi
2012-08-17, 05:17 AM
Why wouldn't I want to play this if going for any Intelligence-based caster class?

LA.
Not all DMs allow LA buyoff.

Uncle Pine
2012-08-17, 06:22 AM

LA is usually a good drawback, because even if with an Intelligence-based caster you would have really better DCs, you would end up with less high level spell slot/day.
Also, in order to emphasize the fact that techgnomes prefer science to magic (as well as science to gods), there won't be so many techgnome wizards around. Well, artificers will obviously get a boost, but IIRC their infusions usually don't have CDs.

Analytica
2012-08-17, 06:35 AM
I would think, in a world where physics work such that people can do magic if they study enough, arcane magic _is_ a form of technology, i.e. using your understanding of the underlying principles of the world to design manipulations that cause desired effects. As such, I can't see why these creatures would not be predominantly wizards (only with mathematical formula rather than magic words for verbal components, and mass-produced ampoules of alchemical mixtures rather than bat guano for material components).

Uncle Pine
2012-08-17, 07:09 AM
I would think, in a world where physics work such that people can do magic if they study enough, arcane magic _is_ a form of technology, i.e. using your understanding of the underlying principles of the world to design manipulations that cause desired effects. As such, I can't see why these creatures would not be predominantly wizards (only with mathematical formula rather than magic words for verbal components, and mass-produced ampoules of alchemical mixtures rather than bat guano for material components).

You have a point. However, in a world where artificers can emulate pretty much everything the "raw magic" can do with less efforts, wouldn't be natural to gradually forsake arcane magic? I'm not saying that techgnome wizards would be as rare as clerics, but they will probably form some sort of hidden minority, I guess?

Ashtagon
2012-08-17, 07:34 AM
Also, in order to emphasize the fact that techgnomes prefer science to magic (as well as science to gods), there won't be so many techgnome wizards around. Well, artificers will obviously get a boost, but IIRC their infusions usually don't have CDs.

That works for restricting NPC numbers. But I don't see how the DM saying techgnome wizards are uncommon would make it a less viable PC choice.

Also, from a RP point of view, most players haven't even met someone who in real terms would be 16 Intelligence, let alone know how to role-play one.

Uncle Pine
2012-08-17, 08:09 AM
That works for restricting NPC numbers. But I don't see how the DM saying techgnome wizards are uncommon would make it a less viable PC choice.

Also, from a RP point of view, most players haven't even met someone who in real terms would be 16 Intelligence, let alone know how to role-play one.

Actually, I'm sure that a lot of players know pretty well how to role-play wizards, and they usually have an Intelligence score a lot higher. Would an intelligent warrior be more difficult to role than a (relatively) stupid wizard? Role-play someone with high mental scores doesn't mean to actually have them yourself, but it gives an idea on how you should behave. The contrary is also true: you don't have to be illiterate in order to play a barbarian.
On the other hand, you're right: saying that techgnome wizards are uncommon wouldn't mechanically stops PCs that want to play them, but that's fine. If a certain combination of race/class/alignment is rare that doesn't mean that you can't play it because "the DM says no": you'll only have to be careful when you play (and role-play) that character.

Analytica
2012-08-17, 10:43 AM
You have a point. However, in a world where artificers can emulate pretty much everything the "raw magic" can do with less efforts, wouldn't be natural to gradually forsake arcane magic? I'm not saying that techgnome wizards would be as rare as clerics, but they will probably form some sort of hidden minority, I guess?

Not necessarily. Artificers can emulate wizard spells, but only by crafting scrolls and then reading spells from them, or similarly with wands. This costs both gold and experience points, each time, whereas a wizard can wield almost every arcane effect without having to bother. Artificer magic, including their infusions, gets you a long way though, that's true.

Draken
2012-08-17, 06:24 PM
Hmm... I really think artificer would fit much better than evolutionist as a favored class. Specially since they aren't actually living constructs, in which case it would make a bit of sense (by giving them immediate acces to the construct list).

Also, the ability score modifiers do little more than shoehorn then towards classes that end up being poor choices due to the LA, which is frankly excessive for the abilities gained, in spite of a lower LA being insufficient for the high ability score modifier. The woes of LA +2, heh, there is a pretty big gulf between what is too strong for +1 and what is too weak for +2.

I would think droping the int to +2 and removing the cha penalty would make them appropriate for LA +0, truth be said.

Grimsage Matt
2012-08-17, 06:35 PM
Artificer? Nay, they'd make perfect Engineers ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114229 ) Instead of magic, they be steampunk. Fits them little buggers to a tee.

Uncle Pine
2012-08-18, 03:29 AM
Hmm... I really think artificer would fit much better than evolutionist as a favored class. Specially since they aren't actually living constructs, in which case it would make a bit of sense (by giving them immediate acces to the construct list).

Also, the ability score modifiers do little more than shoehorn then towards classes that end up being poor choices due to the LA, which is frankly excessive for the abilities gained, in spite of a lower LA being insufficient for the high ability score modifier. The woes of LA +2, heh, there is a pretty big gulf between what is too strong for +1 and what is too weak for +2.

I would think droping the int to +2 and removing the cha penalty would make them appropriate for LA +0, truth be said.

I chose Evolutionist as a favored class rather than Artificer because I think that every techgnome would be enthusiastic to grab at least one or two levels to evolve useful mutations.
Making them living constructs would indeed be a great idea and suit with the general theme, creating something pretty unique. Would you think that this (as well as bringing down the Intelligence modifier to +4) would make them a good LA +1? I'd prefer not to drop the LA to +0.

Artificer? Nay, they'd make perfect Engineers ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114229 ) Instead of magic, they be steampunk. Fits them little buggers to a tee.

Nice class, but I think to the Artificer as a more natural development of arcane magic than that.

Uncle Pine
2012-08-18, 03:31 AM

I chose Evolutionist as a favored class rather than Artificer because I think that every techgnome would be enthusiastic to grab at least one or two levels to evolve useful mutations.
Making them living constructs would indeed be a great idea and suit with the general theme, creating something pretty unique. Would you think that this (as well as bringing down the Intelligence modifier to +4) would make them a good LA +1? I'd prefer not to drop the LA to +0.

Nice class, but I think to the Artificer as a more natural development of arcane magic than that.

Draken
2012-08-18, 09:02 AM
With Con +2, Int +2 and Str -2 and living construct they would probably work well as a low-end LA +1 race.

I think evolutionist could be made to work for a FC if they got some racial choice feature that indicated a propensity for body modification. Perhaps in the form of racial feats (with a bonus racial feat).

I used a similar model for a gnome subrace I made for a LoC game once (Iron Gnomes, they were divided into subraces based on what their actual metal was, each metal was a feat, with iron being the featless default).

Anyway, onto suggestions of racial feats:

Copper Dynamo [Racial]
Prerequisites: Techgnome.
Benefit: You gain electricity resistance 5. As a move action, you may generate energy, this energy can then be discharged as a touch attack dealing 1d6 electrical damage, unarmed attacks and attacks made with metal weapons will also deal this extra damage and discharge the effect.

Plate Integration Device
Prerequisite: Techgnome, Proficiency with Light, Medium and Heavy Armor.
Benefit: As a full round action, you may integrate a worn suit of metallic armor to your body. Doing so reduces the armor check penalty of the armor by -2, increases its maximum dexterity bonus by +1 and reduces its arcane spell failure by 5%, while integrated the armor cannot be sundered, and any sunder attempts merely damage you. Another full round action allows you to separate from the armor so that it may be removed.

So on, so forth.

Uncle Pine
2012-08-18, 10:36 AM
I know I'm stubborn, but +2 Int seems too low to me, and I don't think that +4 Int is overpower (while keeping -2 Cha).
Dividing the techgnomes' society in tiers based on the material a la mechanical horrors could work, but what about changing the FC to Artificer while adding a racial paragon class instead? I'm away from books for now, but it could have class features that make them real Constructs or enhance their bodies. Something like that PrC for Warforged in Eberron, but without bonuses to charge.

Posted from Giantitp.com App for Android

Grimsage Matt
2012-08-18, 09:53 PM
Techgnomes are super intelligent isolated humanoids that reached an impressive level of technology. They abandoned magic long time ago, and once risked mass extinction after refusing to withstand divine laws.

As you said, they abandoned magic. Just saying:smalltongue:

rockdeworld
2012-08-18, 11:07 PM
Before I write anything else, let me say my experience playing campaigns is limited to a few short-run campaigns, 1 long one, and DMing two. Also, everything I write is my personal opinion. Now, here's my review.

My initial reaction is: I wouldn't play this race.

The breakdown:
* I don't understand why there's a +6 to INT. It's the only "WOW!" factor going for this race, but it looks almost like a typo when contrasted with the rest of the techgnome's abilities: +2 Con, weapon proficiency hand-bombard, +4 to craft and profession checks? I've yet to even make one of those in D&D. Most races I've seen with +6 anything have +4s and +6's (or higher) in other abilities as well, eg. Vampire, Succubus, Troll, giving me the impression that they're powerful races. But your techgnomes look almost like a regular PC races, save for that outlier. I would reduce that to +2 and just say the race is smarter than most people.
* What is the Hard Worker trait good for? As I touched on above, those might be the two most useless skills in D&D 3.5 (right below Handle Animal and Appraise). Maybe it adds fluff (and it's good fluff), but I don't see why it should be there.
* Why is this race LA+2? That's the other reason this doesn't look like a PC race. Even +6 INT doesn't justify losing 2 levels (it's only at best 3 extra spells per day and a slightly higher save on them, and that's assuming you play a class that needs that much INT). Unless each techgnome comes with a personal mobile suit that gives a size increase to Large, grants +8 to STR/DEX/CON, fires bombards out of each arm and grants DR 15/Adamantine, I wouldn't want to play as it (and even then, it'd be a tough decision, because that's just a tank character).

To wrap up: I'd say that this race could be playable with some moderate edits to balance it out. I believe you have a great story written for techgnomes that you've hinted at here, so let's get it into a workable race!

Cheers!

Btw, I'd really appreciate if you reviewed my new base class: the Power Hunter. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13751129#post13751129)

Uncle Pine
2012-08-19, 08:29 AM
First, some answers:

The breakdown:
* I don't understand why there's a +6 to INT. It's the only "WOW!" factor going for this race, but it looks almost like a typo when contrasted with the rest of the techgnome's abilities: +2 Con, weapon proficiency hand-bombard, +4 to craft and profession checks? I've yet to even make one of those in D&D. Most races I've seen with +6 anything have +4s and +6's (or higher) in other abilities as well, eg. Vampire, Succubus, Troll, giving me the impression that they're powerful races. But your techgnomes look almost like a regular PC races, save for that outlier. I would reduce that to +2 and just say the race is smarter than most people.

Good point. Almost everyone seems to think that +6 Int is too much: I'll reduce it a bit.
Note: they have +4 to one Craft skill and one Profession skill, not to any of those checks.

* What is the Hard Worker trait good for? As I touched on above, those might be the two most useless skills in D&D 3.5 (right below Handle Animal and Appraise). Maybe it adds fluff (and it's good fluff), but I don't see why it should be there.

Actually Handle Animal is one of the most abusable skill of D&D :smallbiggrin:
Craft and Profession also have some good uses and, as you said, are good fluff.

* Why is this race LA+2? That's the other reason this doesn't look like a PC race. Even +6 INT doesn't justify losing 2 levels (it's only at best 3 extra spells per day and a slightly higher save on them, and that's assuming you play a class that needs that much INT). Unless each techgnome comes with a personal mobile suit that gives a size increase to Large, grants +8 to STR/DEX/CON, fires bombards out of each arm and grants DR 15/Adamantine, I wouldn't want to play as it (and even then, it'd be a tough decision, because that's just a tank character).

Don't worry, the LA will also be reduced,
And thanks for the cheers :smallsmile:

Now, I was wondering if something among these lines could work:

TECHGNOME RACIAL TRAITS

+2 Con, +4 Int, -2 Str, -2 Cha: Techgnomes are small but tough beings. They are smarter than most races, and often look down on them. Techgnomes are very pragmatic and often seek their goal with obsessive devotion.
Small size: As a Small creature, a techgnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Construct (Living Construct): As a living construct, a techgnome derives its Hit Dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws, and skill points from the class it selects.
Unlike other constructs, a techgnome has a Constitution score. A techgnome does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures.
Unlike other constructs, a techgnome does not have low-light vision or darkvision.
Unlike other constructs, a techgnome is not immune to mind-influencing effects.
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain.
A techgnome cannot heal damage naturally.
Unlike other constructs, techgnomes are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.
Unlike other constructs, a techgnome can use the run action.
Techgnomes can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a techgnome can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a techgnome is vulnerable to a harm spell. However, spells from the healing subschool provide only half effect to a techgnome.
A techgnome responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A techgnome with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a techgnome is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert techgnome does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable. He can be raised or resurrected.
Does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes' feast and potions.
Does not need to sleep, but must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.
Techgnome base land speed is 20 feet. Howewer, techgnomes can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
Weapon Familiarity: Techgnomes treat hand bombards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152229#top) as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
Glowing eyes: Who needs colorless darkvision or cumbersome torches when you can turn yourself into a lantern? A techgnome can project a cone of light from his eyes as a standard action. This provides clear illumination in a 60-foot cone and shadowy illumination in a 120-foot cone. He can use this ability for a maximum of 1 hour/day, but he can divide the duration between multiple uses. A techgnome can shut down his eyes as a free action.
Hard worker: Each techgnome learns how to serve his society in some way. This ability grants a +4 racial bonus on both a Craft and a Profession skill of his choice. They are treated as class skills in all respects for all classes he has levels in, both current and future. Should he choose Craft (alchemy), he wouldn't need to be a spellcaster to create alchemical items.
Favored Class: Artificer. A multiclass techgnome's artificer class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
Level adjustment +1.

PEACH!

rockdeworld
2012-08-19, 09:31 AM
I'd say the new build is fine for an LA+0 race, not sure about LA+1. Living Construct just makes a creature a construct with basically no change (except no natural healing), and while being a regular construct might be worthy of LA (and keep in mind that I think LA is a terrible, terrible thing that nothing deserves), I don't think the same for a Living Construct. Maybe it does have the same power level as an Aasimar. This version is more balanced though, so good job on that.

Uncle Pine
2012-08-19, 04:55 PM
I just figured out that I forgot to add TWO qualities! Therefore, this is the version of Techgnomes with composite plating and light fortification:

TECHGNOME RACIAL TRAITS

+2 Con, +4 Int, -2 Str, -2 Cha: Techgnomes are small but tough beings. They are smarter than most races, and often look down on them. Techgnomes are very pragmatic and often seek their goal with obsessive devotion.
Small size: As a Small creature, a techgnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Construct (Living Construct): As a living construct, a techgnome derives its Hit Dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws, and skill points from the class it selects.
Unlike other constructs, a techgnome has a Constitution score. A techgnome does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures.
Unlike other constructs, a techgnome does not have low-light vision or darkvision.
Unlike other constructs, a techgnome is not immune to mind-influencing effects.
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain.
A techgnome cannot heal damage naturally.
Unlike other constructs, techgnomes are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.
Unlike other constructs, a techgnome can use the run action.
Techgnomes can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a techgnome can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a techgnome is vulnerable to a harm spell. However, spells from the healing subschool provide only half effect to a techgnome.
A techgnome responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A techgnome with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a techgnome is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert techgnome does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable. He can be raised or resurrected.
Does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes' feast and potions.
Does not need to sleep, but must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.
Composite plating (Ex): The plating used to build a techgnome provides a +2 armor bonus. This plating is not natural armor and does not stack with other effects that give an armor bonus (other than natural armor). This composite plating occupies the same space on the body as a suit of armor or robe, and thus a techgnome cannot wear armor or magic robes. A techgnome can be enchanted just as armor can be, but he must be present for the entire time it takes to enchant him. Composite plating also provide a techgnome with a 5% arcane spell failure chance, similar to the penalty for wearing light armor. Any class ability that allows a techgnome to ignore the arcane spell failure chance for light armor lets him ignore this penalty as well.
Light fortification (Ex): When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on a techgnome, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally.
Glowing eyes (Ex): Who needs colorless darkvision or cumbersome torches when you can turn yourself into a lantern? A techgnome can project a cone of light from his eyes as a standard action. This provides clear illumination in a 60-foot cone and shadowy illumination in a 120-foot cone. He can use this ability for a maximum of 1 hour/day, but he can divide the duration between multiple uses. A techgnome can shut down his eyes as a free action.
Hard worker: Each techgnome learns how to serve his society in some way. This ability grants a +4 racial bonus on both a Craft and a Profession skill of his choice. They are treated as class skills in all respects for all classes he has levels in, both current and future. Should he choose Craft (alchemy), he wouldn't need to be a spellcaster to create alchemical items.
Favored Class: Artificer. A multiclass techgnome's artificer class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
Level adjustment +1.

Now, a small note: I know that now techgnomes shares a lot of qualities with warforgeds, but in the world I intend to use them, warforgeds will be the first experiment the techgnomes created before turning themselves into living constructs.

And now, let's give a fist peek to the...

TECHGNOME PARAGON
Techgnome paragons are the elite force of their race. They totally embrace their heritage, both as cold emotionless constructs and as... cold emotionless gnomes, I guess? Only the most loyal techgnomes are trained as techgnome paragons.
Alignment: Any lawful.
Hit Die: d10.
Class Skills: I'll think about this :smallbiggrin:
Skill Points at Each Level: See above.

{table=head] Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Special
1st | +0 | +2 | +0 | +2 | Cold hearted gnome, golden hull
2nd | +1 | +3 | +0 | +3 | Platinum core, healing immunity, armor enhancement
3rd | +2 | +3 | +1 | +3 | Adamantine cooling system, weapon enhancement
[/table]

CLASS FEATURES
Cold hearted gnome: Starting at 1st level, a techgnome paragon begin to act even more like a construct than a living being. It takes a penalty equal to his class level (-1 at 1st level, -2 at 2nd level and -3 at 3rd level) on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information and Sense Motive checks. This penalty doesn't apply when a techgnome paragon uses these skills with other techgnomes.
Golden hull (Ex): At 1st level, a techgnome paragon plates himself with a thick golden hull. This designates him as a member of this class and grants immunity to nonlethal damage and critical hits.
Platinum core (Ex): At 2nd level, a techgnome paragon's core is reinforced with specially treated platinum. As a result, he is now immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), as well as death effects and necromancy effects).
Healing Immunity: Starting at 2nd level, as a techgnome paragon becomes more like a construct and less like a living creature, it becomes immune to the effects of spells from the healing subschool that heal damage. In addition, he can no longer benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items, such as heroes’ feast and potions.
At 3rd level, he becomes immune to the effects of all the spells from the healing subschool.
Armor enhancement (Mag): At 2nd level, a techgnome paragon learns how to imbue an armor with great power. Once per day, he can cast Armor enhancement, lesser as an artificer (caster level equals the techgnome paragon's class level).
Adamantine cooling system (Ex): At 3rd level, a techgnome paragon finally achieves the mechanical perfection: liquid adamantium now flows inside him. He is no longer subject to ability damage and ability drain.
Weapon enhancement (Mag): At 3rd level, a techgnome paragon learns how to imbue a weapon with great power. Once per day, he can cast Weapon augmentation, lesser as an artificer (caster level equals the techgnome paragon's class level).