PDA

View Full Version : Necromongers

dantiesilva
2012-08-15, 10:37 PM
So has anyone ever made the necromongers from Riddic before?

doomchinchilla
2012-08-15, 11:16 PM
That's every group I've ever gamed with... "In our games you keep what you kill"

dantiesilva
2012-08-16, 08:46 AM
Lol. No I meant their weapons and armor and just how they are. Would it just be a fighter with ranger levels a sonic repeating crossbow and a greataxe. Or is their something else? Better for the build.

Venger
2012-08-17, 09:04 PM
Lol. No I meant their weapons and armor and just how they are. Would it just be a fighter with ranger levels a sonic repeating crossbow and a greataxe. Or is their something else? Better for the build.

the necropolitan template seems thematically appropriate, since the necromonger king was said to be a "holy half-dead" and is immortal.

necrocarnate would work, as it allows you to extract power from the souls of your slain enemies. it also surrounds you with a shadowy miasma like that blackish blur around the king and karl urban's character.

I would suggest incarnate into necrocarnate

dantiesilva
2012-08-17, 11:26 PM
Thank you, now just to buy that book XD. One of the books i sadly do not have. For the rod that does the negative energy damage does the dread necromancers negative energy burst sound like a good idea to apply to a weapon.

Spuddles
2012-08-18, 12:15 AM
When I read the thread title I thought monger as in cheesemonger.

Venger
2012-08-18, 01:29 AM
Thank you, now just to buy that book XD. One of the books i sadly do not have. For the rod that does the negative energy damage does the dread necromancers negative energy burst sound like a good idea to apply to a weapon.

libris mortis or magic of incarnum?

what item are you talking about for the negative energy rod? I can't quite figure it out. the dread necro negative energy burst is ok, but you gotta be immune somehow

dantiesilva
2012-08-18, 08:13 AM
Their armor grant them immunity, and magic of incarnum. And remember when they are taking over Helio prime and they get into a battle with the defenders, one of them is carrying a staff. When he gets close enough he slams it into the ground and as he dies he flips a switch that release this glowing ball that sends out a wave killing all the Helios defenders that had just killed his team.

ZeroNumerous
2012-08-18, 09:02 AM

"Giant wheels of back flesh, beautifully aged leg flesh, fine muscled arm flesh, Crazy Bob has all your necro-needs! Remember boys and girls, I have a family to feed."

Cog
2012-08-18, 03:07 PM

It is monger as in cheesemonger.

A cheesemonger deals cheese.

A necromonger deals...