PDA

View Full Version : One Piece D20: A Grand Adventure Awaits! IC

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-15, 10:44 PM
The early morning arrives, the day of the Grand Boat Race is here!

Gulls soar overhead and the sea seems just as excited as each of you for the boat race. But as you step off the pier and into the town, your home town of Greenrock Bay, something seems startlingly wrong.

There are no pennants waving, no bustling crowds, not even any food vendors hawking their questionable meat in a bun style foods. Only marines and marine checkpoints everywhere you look.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-15, 11:29 PM
Jessica walks towards town with the intention of seeing the Doctor, he hadn't visited her in a while, which was unusual for him since he usually stopped by every couple of days. She sighed, he was the only person from town she talked to regularly, and not having him around made her feel rather down.

Upon arrival, though, she notices that the event the Doctor had been talking about for the last month seemed to... well... not exist at the moment, causing her to tilt her head in confusion. She shrugged and walked into town, simply walking around and looking for the Clinic she had woken up in when she first washed onto shore.

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-15, 11:43 PM
Walker was leaning against a palm tree as he observed the surroundings. He wondered what could be the reason for all the marines in the area. It was true that the Grand Boat Race was an important event in the island but this amount of security seemed unjustified. Still, he knew the best was not to mess with them and try not to call attention. The least that Walker wanted was unnecesary problems. The weirdest part was the lack of the people in the area, could it be that the race was cancelled?

Vesth
2012-08-16, 12:04 AM
The woman strolled on the road, dressed in a long lab coat that fluttered slightly in the wind. She pushed her askew glasses back up, though more out of comfort rather than to see better; she wasn't even paying attention to her surroundings. Behind her trailed an ugly thing, a quilt of flesh and sinew that followed it's creator loyally.

"I can't wait for the boat race to start! Last year really showed the wondrous application of hydraulics!" she muttered excitedly.

The minion tugged at her coat, whining slightly.

"Maybe I should take part. A duality of steam and ice for the generator...?"

The minion tugged even harder, causing the girl to stumble.

"What is i-....oh." she said, noticing he marines for the first time.

Bowerbird
2012-08-16, 12:07 AM
Bubbles hums cheerfully to herself as she steps off the tiny boat she had borrowed to get home. Completely oblivious to the increase in security, she skips down the street looking around herself, "Wow, it sure is empty... Maybe I'm early?" She looks around for someone to ask about the boat race.
Just a note, she is dim enough to go up and ask marines, providing they're the closest ones she sees.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-16, 03:24 AM
Allonsy runs as fast as he can to where the racing festival is. When he sees that there are no banners, flags, booths, or decorations of any sort he raises an eye brow but does not slow down, much.

The Longleg runner turns and zigzags past any obstacles as he tries to find Janbe. Whatever may have happened here Allonsy can be certain that Janbe will be looking to race as well.

Lucretia
2012-08-16, 11:39 AM
From the forest, Li slowly made his way into the town. Marines were everywhere! He raised a little bushy eyebrow and looked this way and that -- Marines everywhere, with their little Marine checkpoints. He couldn't see the boat show, and he couldn't smell the various poorly-cooked food that generally heralded the boat show. There was only one option -- getting down to the docks! Someone might have heard something!

He began to move down towards the docks, the sloshing of alcohol inside his openable pot belly making him the slightest bit thirsty. He had a fresh bottle of liquor distilling back at his camp, but that wouldn't stop Li from craving the ol' drink. Perhaps one of the taverns would be open? He didn't have much money anymore, though -- the grubby ten thousand beli note he'd had for four decades probably wouldn't buy him very much. Stroking the great mass of beard before his face, Li pondered the Marines' presence here. Had he caused this? Were they finally searching for their crazy, cast-aside experiment?

Sticking to the forest for as much as he could, Li rounded the town until he could see the docks -- and a strange bunch coming off of it, too! Women, a long-leg --- he hadn't seen one of those since the Grand Line! --- some mobile footstool. Maybe they had some clue as to what was going on? The mixologist began to make his way towards them, trying to avoid Marine attention as much as possible.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-16, 12:09 PM
A patrol of marines walked over to the gathering group of random travellers.

"You lot! No public gatherings allow, Commander Valles' orders! All of you disperse or we'll be forced to take action." one of the marines said. The other three hefted their rifles menacingly.

Lucretia
2012-08-16, 12:11 PM
Valles? Didn't ring a bell. Probably some new uppity sprout. But a ban on public gatherings? That was the apex of absolute nonsense. An abuse of power. He'd file a formal complaint. "May I go to the post office? I seem to have lost my way, but if I cannot ask one of these fine individuals, perhaps you could help me?"

Vesth
2012-08-16, 12:26 PM
Jane stared at the marines. It was quite upsetting to have be blocked from going to the games, but it was slightly more upsetting to be shot by a rifle, so she chose a more cordial form of action.

Petting Sparky which was growling angrily at the weapons pointed at her master, she asked the marines, "What happened here? What happened to the boat race? I want to speak to your Commander."

...more cordial anyway.

Bowerbird
2012-08-16, 12:58 PM
Bubbles blinks in surprise before smiling hugely and skipping over to the group, "Oh hi! Anyone know what happened to the boat race? Did I miss it already?" She completely misses the rifles and the tense atmosphere.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-16, 01:00 PM
Allonsy runs back and forth scanning the area for his friend as he talks to the marine doing all the shouting.

" I don't have much time to talk. I am looking for my friend, Janbe, he might be where the race is suppose to start. Do you know where that is? I thought that was over here, but it doesn't look like it."

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-16, 02:18 PM
"So, I suppose this means that the Grand Boat Race. Such a pity...." he replied as he stood up. He prepared to leave. Something sounded really fishy about this whole situation. Still, he decided to wait just for a second as he saw the woman in the skimpy outfit ask some questions to the marines. Questions to things he wanted to know himself.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-16, 02:48 PM
Allonsy, Bubbles, Jane, Li

"You lot ask too many questions. Get inside, get lost, get drowned it doesn't really matter to me but you can't stay here. The festival's been cancelled and Greenrock Bay is under martial law until the end of the month. Now MOVE IT!" The lieutenant shouted.

Jessica Shiryou

As you turn the corner to Dr. Baku's office you see him standing outside his practice arguing loudly with a couple of marines. You're still too far away to make out what they're saying but the marines leave in a huff just as you arrive.

"Jessica, I'm so glad to see you!" Dr. Baku says. "Are you still having trouble with your sleep?"

Lizard Lord
2012-08-16, 03:03 PM
Upon receiving this news Allonsy laughs as he runs around in circles. "Ahahaha! Well you might be able to cancel the festival, but you can't stop a good race! I'm off to find my competition and then I have a race to win!"

With that Allonsy will run off at full speed in the direction of Janbe's house.

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-16, 03:05 PM
"Martial law..." he repeated to himself. This definitely sucked. He barely made enough money to support himself. Walker made his life as a home visiting doctor. This martial law was going to suck the life out of his business.

Lucretia
2012-08-16, 03:09 PM
"What Justice do you serve, that you won't help an old man find the post office! To the briny depths with the lot of you!" Grumbling angrily to himself, Mixologist Li plodded in a purposefully different direction from the rest of the 'group,' unwilling to tempt fate at this point. His trusty curved sword might see him through, but he hadn't been a swordsman in a very long time -- he was only a chef now, after all!

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-16, 03:24 PM
"I still have my last prescription, I've used about half since it was filled out," Jessica says politely, "they help, though I still find it hard to actually fall asleep," she rubs the back of her head lightly, a slight laugh as she does so, "I was wondering why you haven't visited lately, usually you come by every couple of days. I'm also curious about the lack of activity..."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-16, 04:47 PM
Mixologist Li

The marines more or less ignore you as you wander away from the group. Once you're a good distance away from them, one of the few townsfolk that you see outside walks up to you.

"You look familiar old man." The kid says. "Where ya goin'?"

Jessica

"Well the pills were never meant to be a cure. Why don't you come inside for a cup of tea? I have been reading up on your condition and I think I may have some good advice for you, if you'll hear it." Dr. Baku holds the door to his shop open and smiles kindly at you.

Allonsy

You run down the streets towards Janbe's house and finally find him sitting on the porch looking out at the bay. His eyes are red and puffy and he's sitting far too still for your comfort. He is holding a piece of paper in his hands, which are shaking.

Walker

"Help! Help! Is there a doctor around here at all? Anyone! Help!" That's the first thing you hear once you get far enough away from the marines to be sure they aren't following you.

Lucretia
2012-08-16, 04:56 PM
"I can't look familiar, haven't been in town for thirty five or so years, lad. Unless you've been playing in the forest? Didn't they warn you about the old bearded man in the woods?" He grinned at the boy and laughed, probably shorter than the boy.

"I'm trying to get to the post office, and I was hoping to see the boat races today. Apparently martial law was declared, so that must have gotten cancelled... a pity, really. But won't you get in trouble if those traitorous Marines see you talking to me? They weren't too happy about my asking questions before."

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-16, 05:40 PM
Walker hears the screams and looked around. It sounded serious. He started to run to find the source of the screams. "There was no time to waste when lifes are at stake." He reminded himself the words that his father always used to say.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-16, 05:42 PM
Jessica smiles and follows the old doctor, "mint lemon tea, please," she says, "is it about my amnesia or insomnia?"

Vesth
2012-08-16, 06:10 PM
Jane pouted in front of the marines while her minion continued growling at the rifles.

"Tell me why the boat race is cancelled or I will go to your commander and get him to reprimand you." she said haughtingly.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-16, 09:43 PM
Allonsy's running slows to a slow jog as he nears Janbe and jogs in place once he reaches him. "What's wrong, Janbe? There is going to be a grand race today, no matter what those marines may say."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-16, 10:48 PM
Mixologist Li

"You look like someone my grandpa told me stories about. Master Chef Li, the best swordsman and cook he'd ever served with in the marines. Course, Li's dead, so you can't be him, can you?"

Jessica

"A little of both, actually." Dr. Baku said as he poured the tea. The doctor set out a plate of biscuits and dipped one in his own tea before nibbling on it. "I believe the two are tied together, but I don't believe you'll find any closure or sleep if you continue to hide from your past. I think its time that you go on that journey, Jessica. Your body is well enough, but your mind needs to heal as well."

Walker

A woman is crouched over a bleeding man. In the distance you can see that two marines are chasing after someone who is carrying a knife.

"Please help! Anyone!" The woman screams.

Jane

"We don't need to tell you anything, miss." The marine lieutenant replies. "You want to report me to the Commander, go ahead. Its his orders and he'll just toss you into the brig or into the sea. Good luck with that."

Allonsy

"There isn't gonna be a race, Allonsy." Janbe says. "They took my boat, see." He holds out the piece of paper, it's marked with the official seal of the navy.

"They've been going around and impounding everyone's ships. They say they need to clear out the harbor and they're gonna turn the entire town into a marine base. All the ships are being added to the fleet." Tears stream down the big man's face. His blue eyes are bloodshot and his nose is runny. Its not a pretty picture

Lucretia
2012-08-16, 11:19 PM
"Master Chef Li. Master Chef... now that's a name I've not heard in a long time, a long time." He looked thoughtfully at the boy, an eyebrow raised. "He's not dead, no. Not yet. But what concern is that of yours? The stories say Master Chef Li drowned in the Grand Line, unable to save his true love. It's an old tale, something they spin at the tavern for laughs."

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-16, 11:27 PM
Walker saw the criminal running away but focusing on the victims was more important to him. "Please, calm down Miss. I am a doctor. I will help you both with the best of my skill but first I need you to do a couple of things for me. First, I need you to tell me what exactly happened. After that, Iīll need you to give me some space to treat the patient. And please stay calm at all times." Walker then started to check the manīs vital signs.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-16, 11:42 PM
Still jogging in place, almost subconsciously at this point, Allonsy puts his hand on Janbe's shoulder. "Don't worry, Janbe we can get your ship back. This works out perfectly actually. I don't have a ship of my own yet and if the marines are taking ships from people then the owners won't care if I borrow one! I can give it back to the rightful owners when we are done woth our race!"

Allonsy gives does his best to give Janbe a reassuring smile. "Now, where do the marines keep the ships they took?"

Bowerbird
2012-08-17, 07:14 AM
Bubbles snaps out of a daydream to find the marines are still there, and they seem pretty mean. "So... What happened to the boat race?" she asks, tilting her head to one side in confusion.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-17, 02:48 PM
"I... never really ran from it, but, I never went looking for it either," Jessica says, then she laughs lightly, "I'm sure that it's not as bad as my dreams make them out to be, but, those dreams are the only start point I have, and they're not exactly the best place to start if they're accurate," Jessica looks up, "I have been working on a pair of boats lately, needed something to do when i couldn't sleep, I can take those to start. I'll need to finish them and bring someone with me though."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-17, 07:52 PM
Mixologist Li

"I never laughed. I thought it was a great story. Are you sure Master Chef Li is still alive? I wanna be a great chef like him someday!"

Jessica

"It'll be a hard journey Jessica, have not doubt about that. You'll need strong allies and true companions. But I doubt you'll have the opportunity to finish your boats and set out on your journey. The navy has been snapping up every ship they can get their hands on, finished or no. They're trying to lock this place down and I can't figure out why."

Walker

"It was... it was a man, he had a knife. He tried.. tried to... to..." The woman breaks down into hysterics and won't say anything more.

Allonsy

Janbe wiped the snot from his face and smiled. "You're crazy, you know that? They're in the Marine's harbor. All of them. And the only way in is through the base's main entrance. Only you would think we could pull something like that off!"

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-17, 08:35 PM
"You're the first I've told about them, and they're hard to see without being in the house," Jessica says, "but if they're trying to lock down the island..." she places down her empty cup of tea and stands, "thank you, I'll need to finish them and get off the island as quickly as I can if that's the case," her expression softens, "you're always welcome to come with me if you want."

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-17, 08:37 PM
"So much for staying calm." Walker says. "Well, lets do this." Walker takes out a thread and a needle from his kit and prepares to suture the patient.

Rolling my heal check:

[roll0]

Vesth
2012-08-17, 09:16 PM
"Ok, now I'm curious. Maybe I should break in just to get these marines into trouble?" she told her minion.

She slowly backs away from the marines, before looking for people to ask about the boat race, or anyway to get in without being spotted.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-17, 09:20 PM
"Ahahaha!" Allonsy runs back and forth as he laughs, his excitement towards the idea quite clear.

"Well its not like not like the marines are giving us any choice now are they?"

Lucretia
2012-08-17, 10:30 PM
Either no one caught the Star Wars direct quotation, or no one found it noteworthy. I am forever ashamed.

"The Master Chef learned his greatest defeat at the hands of the sea. To be a great chef, you must master the tastes this world has to offer. I am a friend of Li. Perhaps I could teach you what he taught me? Although I am no master. In time, if you are able to learn and I have not yet died, perhaps we will go together to see the old chef. Would that interest you?"

Your father's colander. This is the strainer of a Master Chef. Not as clumsy or random as an eggbeater; an elegant instrument for a more civilized age.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-18, 07:32 AM
Mixologist Li

"I'd love to learn from you sir! What's your name anyway?" The boy smiles widely. As you look over his head you can see the post office a few feet away. Your wanted poster is hanging on the wall.

Jessica

"My place is here Jessica. I'm one of the only doctors on the island, these people need me. I'm sorry I can't go with you."

Walker

You begin to sew up the man's wounds but he's lost a lot of blood. If more help doesn't arrive in a few minutes he'll die. It takes all of your skill and training just to keep him alive

Allonsy

"I guess not. But there's no way we'll get in there by ourselves. We need help."

Jane

Although you don't see anyone around that might be willing to help you, maybe there are more people inside one of the stores that will have the information you're looking for?

Vesth
2012-08-18, 08:11 AM
Jane glanced around for the nearest stall, pondering which shop to enter. She didn't have much gold to spend on to justify going in, not with all the money she's been spending on good, valuable research.

Sighing, she looks around..and then at her minion.

"...Sparky, be a dear and look around, will you? Tell me if you see anyone or anything interesting. Anything at all."

The ugly thing nodded and grunted, heading off to help its master.

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-18, 09:41 AM
"Damn! This manīs condition is worse than I initially though. We need to get this man to a more experienced doctor. Miss, please I need you to calm down a second and tell me if you know of any doctor in the area"

Assuming that the manīs weight is between my strenght parameters

Walker will carry him while either he looks for a doctor or he goes to the direction given by the woman.

If it isnt then

Walker will leave him with the woman while either he looks for a doctor or he goes to the direction given by the woman

Lizard Lord
2012-08-18, 01:56 PM
Allonsy runs around Janbe with a curious look on his face. "Alright! We will both look for people to help us and meet back here! Ready? Leeeets Goooo!"

With that Allonsy runs off, before Janbe can really give his opinion on that plan.

Allonsy will run back to the marine blockade only to find one person that didn't listen to the marine's demand to disperse. Good for her! Allonsy will run in circles around the scantly clad blonde with a tattoo on her back. "Excuse me miss? I have a favor to ask if you could follow me. I can explain on the way."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-18, 02:31 PM
Jessica nods and leaves the clinic before starting to head back to her house, it was a ways off, so she'd take a stroll around town first to see what people were up to. She hadn't been in town for close to a month now.

Lucretia
2012-08-18, 03:04 PM
"You can call me Harvey," Li said absentmindedly. "But stay here for a moment, lad, I need to check on something private. Just seeing if a letter has finally come.". He made sure the kid wouldn't follow him in before heading inside to check his aged mailbox, probably empty, and checked on the kid once more before looking at the bounty board.

Bowerbird
2012-08-19, 01:20 AM
"Sure, these guys are mean anyways" She says, following after him before the marines have a chance to say anything.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-19, 02:12 AM
Alright! She didn't leave when the marines told her to, so she must be willing to stand up to them!

Allonsy starts running towards Janpes house, but not so fast that the blonde women can't keep up. When the two of them are far enough away from the marines he begins telling her the situation. "My name is Allonsy and the Marines are trying to cancel the race! They are stealing peoples ships to do it, including my friend's prized boat! We need help to get his boat back and at least one other boat to so that the race can begin! Can you help us Miss?"

Bowerbird
2012-08-19, 02:37 AM
Bubbles follows easily enough, a slight skip in her step "Well I did come all this way to see the race, so ok!" Gramps can wait til later She grins at the wierd long legged guy, "What do we do first?"

Lizard Lord
2012-08-19, 03:40 AM
"Well, first we need to meet my friend Janbe at his house. It was his idea to get help, so I am sure he is looking for someone as well. Anways, what is your name miss?"

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-19, 11:39 AM
Bubbles and Allonsy

As you head back to Janbe's house you walk by a woman that you sort of recognize. She was with you when you first arrive and got broken up by the marines, but her overly large and scary looking friend is nowhere to be found.

Mixologist Li

Your wanted poster is old and faded, the picture barely looks like you anyway. The text on it reads:

Wanted Master Chef Li
For stealing experimental military technology
Considered armed and extremely dangerous
Bounty: 350,000 beri

Jessica

Its a long walk back to your home on the island and as you stroll around town, you spy a group of marines huddled together whispering fiercely. One of them seems to be pointing at an old man standing outside the post office.

Walker

"Whoa bro! What'd you do to this guy? He pissed you off somethin' bad if you went and stabbed him all up like that." Someone says behind you.

Its a giant of a man, with a barrel chest, blue eyes and even darker blue hair. He's wearing suspenders and a plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up over his elbows.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, don't worry. But we need to get this guy to Dr. Baku fast or he'll die. Here, let me help." The huge man walks over to a pile of trash and pulls out a broken ladder. He takes a sheet from his backpack and ties it around the ladder struts to make a stretcher. "Here we go, let's get moving."

It's Janbe, FYI but you wouldn't know that yet.

Jane

The marines eye you suspiciously, but don't really give you any more attention.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-19, 12:46 PM
Jess tilts her head slightly before walking over, a little curious about the man that was getting the Marine's attention. "Excuse me sir," she says to the man, "are you new in town?" she asks, giving a slight smile.

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-19, 01:13 PM
Walker glanced at the man from bottom to top. He was a little suspicious about the convenient appearance of the man but decided to leave his questions for later. Right now, saving the manīs life was top priority. "Thanks for the assistance...I suppose. ".

"Dont worry, miss. Leave the rest to us." Walker told the woman just before leaving.

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 06:45 PM
Li frowned at the bounty and moved back towards the child outside, smiling widely at him. He had been discharged -- honorably, too -- from the Marines after the operation. They'd let him go, given him a ship. How could that be misconstrued as theft? And only 350,000 beli? Their experimental technology's prototype was worth than almost three sniper rifles, if he recalled his figures. Foolish. But it indicated a deeper issue, namely, that the boy would be in danger if he was associated with the old chef.

"Tell you what, lad. I'm thinking about going on a little adventure around town, try and find something of mine. Would you care to come with me? I can talk about cooking, maybe learn your name. What do you say?"

Vesth
2012-08-19, 07:08 PM
Li frowned at the bounty and moved back towards the child outside, smiling widely at him. He had been discharged -- honorably, too -- from the Marines after the operation. They'd let him go, given him a ship. How could that be misconstrued as theft? And only 350,000 beli? Their experimental technology's prototype was worth than almost three sniper rifles, if he recalled his figures. Foolish. But it indicated a deeper issue, namely, that the boy would be in danger if he was associated with the old chef.

"Tell you what, lad. I'm thinking about going on a little adventure around town, try and find something of mine. Would you care to come with me? I can talk about cooking, maybe learn your name. What do you say?"

The minion spots the Mixologist, and upon hearing the word 'food', its stomach grumbles. Approaching Li, it tugs at his arm.

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 07:20 PM
"Crackers of Bathosalz, what inedible creature is this!" the little man roared, pointing an accusatory finger at the construct. "You couldn't even make a chili out of it! Nor a gumbo!"

Vesth
2012-08-19, 07:29 PM
The minion whines, then rubs its belly, pouting and giving the puppy-eye look. Which looks disgusting on the abomination.

Grabbing Li's arm tightly, it attempts to drag it all the way to its master, or maybe to solicit a good meal out of the poor chef.

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 07:38 PM
Do you want to do an opposed strength check or can Li just not be pulled?

"Unhand me, scallion! I will not be eaten by you, nor shall I allow you to harm the boy! Get back!"

Vesth
2012-08-19, 07:48 PM
It stomps its foot one more time, and lets go of the chef. Looking at Li, it rubs its belly and mimics being hungry, whining all the while.

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 07:53 PM
"Who owns this baby?" he bellowed, squinting at it. "Your child is hungry! And I think it has scurvy! Someone feed this baby an orange before all the little infant teeth fall out!"

Vesth
2012-08-19, 08:01 PM
It growls angrily at the comment. A baby? It?

Stomping hard on Li's foot, it quickly rushed off, eventually coming back with one slightly flustered by definitely annoyed Jane.

"What the heck have you been abusing my minion? Seriously, people these days have no respect for Science."

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 08:04 PM
"You have an incredibly ugly and very rude baby running around, Miss Science! I cannot respect it, for it has tread on my foot!" He stuck out a hand. "But I am called Harvey! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Science! This is my nameless companion, the lad! He wishes to meet the Master Chef, but I fear our quest may never begin! This island has been seized... by misfits!" A horrified gasp from the tiny old man.

Vesth
2012-08-19, 08:15 PM
Grinning evily, she takes our her Phoenix Gauntlet and presses it hard at Li's face.

"I do not appreciate having my prized Minion called a baby, 'Harvey', and if you do not apologize, your new name may be 'Harvey Dent'."

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 08:18 PM
"My last name isn't Dent, Miss Science. I do believe you should remove your hand from my face, though -- the Marines might not like a woman attacking an old man in the streets, what with the martial law and all."

EDIT: Also, if you do intend to attack, I ask that you first roll initiative. I'm thinking there wouldn't be a surprise round -- she's got her weapon in his face. :smalltongue:

Vesth
2012-08-19, 08:27 PM
Jane nodded to her minion, which proceeded to brutally stomp on Li's other foot.

"I'll let you go, this time. And the name's Jane, Harvey.

What do mean by 'this island has been seized by misfits?'"

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 08:30 PM
Li paid the ugly baby no attention. "These Marines do not act according to Justice. Therefore, they are miscreants. I am distraught at the thought!"

Vesth
2012-08-19, 08:37 PM
Jane pondered thoughtfully, smiling slightly at her Minion's increasing angry attempts to get Li to cry out in pain. It seems to be trying to bite on his hand now.

"It seems we share similar thoughts on these marines. Do you have any idea on what is going on today?"

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 08:44 PM
"Only that these Marines have banned all fun forever!" He gasped dramatically again, eyes wide under the bushy eyebrows. "What, really? Forever? Come now, Miss Science, no one can ban fun forever! That's a silly thought. And you really must feed your child, it's begun gnawing on me. That's not healthy, I haven't been outside the forest for years!"

Vesth
2012-08-19, 08:58 PM
"Oh, you mean the boat race?" Jane said, giggling slightly at her minion's furious attempts to bite harder, "Do you happen to know why they blocked off the boat race?"

Lucretia
2012-08-19, 09:09 PM
"Not a clue! It could be that they're restricting all boats off the island in an attempt to either constrict trade or trap an individual on the island, but I doubt that."

Bowerbird
2012-08-20, 12:40 AM
"Well, first we need to meet my friend Janbe at his house. It was his idea to get help, so I am sure he is looking for someone as well. Anways, what is your name miss?"

"Oh, my name's Bubbles!"

Lizard Lord
2012-08-20, 01:22 PM
"Can you fight Bubbles? We will need to fight the marines to get the boats back." Allonsy asks as he continues running towards Janbe's house.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-20, 07:47 PM
Mixologist Li, Jane and Jessica

The marines that Jessica spotted near the post office approach the lot of you and interrupt your conversation.

"Alright you lot! We've told you all before that public gatherings are forbidden. You've had your warning, all of you are under arrest. Especially you, Chef Li. Your wanted poster will make a nice addition to our collection." The marine lieutenant says. "Alright boys, take them in!"

Walker

The big man helps you carry the wounded man to Dr. Baku's. The doctor thanks you quickly then immediately brings the wounded man inside to treat him. You just barely made it.

"Whew, that was fun!" The big man who helped you carry the stretcher says. "I'm Janbe, wanna help me take on the marines and steal a ship?" he extends his hand to you.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-20, 08:05 PM
Jessica raises an eyebrow, "I never got any such warning, and I only just came into town today," she says, "if you try taking me in before a warning is given I will take actions of my own," the others would see a knife slip out of her sleeve, a rather nasty looking one too with the serrated edge, "plus, I do believe that five or more people is considered a gathering or group, not three and a nonhumanoid creature."

Lucretia
2012-08-20, 08:08 PM
"Oh, please! It's only three hundred fifty thousand beli. Paltry! You'd think the Marines didn't even want their toys back -- which, mind you, they let me walk out with! Discharged me, too! But you boys don't serve any Justice I've ever seen, no sir, and I won't stand for this any longer. You want to threaten me? Go right ahead! But you touch the kid, or you harm Miss Science and her ugly, ugly baby? Oh no! Not any more!" As he spoke, the little man drew his sword and leaped forward to attack the Marines!

Right, so. I'm not sure if that counts as 'two rounds' so if I actually can charge, add a 2 to the attack roll. If not, that's fine, it'll just be a standard attack. I'm presuming I can attack at least one of them -- if I can attack the lieutenant, I will. As we're level one, it's impossible for them to be five levels lower than me so attacking multiple targets becomes silly. Anyways, attack roll. Also I'll roll damage for convenience's sake, since you can't edit in rolls.

[roll0]+8 for attack. On an 18-20, it's a critical.
[roll1]+6 for damage. x2 to the total if it's a critical.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-20, 08:31 PM
Guess diplomacy won't work, Jessica thinks "I will be going, having not recieved that warning you mentioned, I do believe it would be foolish to arrest me without at least one warning. Besides, I only came over here because I was curious, not to form any kind of gathering, I would have left the moment my question was answered. Good day," with that, Jessica slides the dagger back into her sleeve and starts walking away. Then the guy attacks, causing Jess to facepalm, "I'm leaving before i get caught in the crossfire." Jess dashes off at that point, away from the fighting and back towards Doc's.

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-20, 08:34 PM
Walker got caught off guard by Janbeīs comment for a second. "Steal a boat from the navy, eh? Earlier, I would probably have said no. But seeing as I am indebted to you for helping me save that man, Iīll offer my assistance just to repay the favor. Still, lets just fight if necessary and prioritize on getting boats." Walker saw this as a chance to get a boat and leave the island without many expenses while also getting even with the man.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-20, 08:42 PM
Marines Vs. Li, Jessica, Jane, Minion and The Kid

"All right men! Bring them down!" The Lieutenant orders. The four marines and the lieutenant fan out in a line and ready their weapons for a fight.

Initiative Rolls:
Lieutenant: [roll0]
Marine 1: [roll1]
Marine 2: [roll2]
Marine 3: [roll3]
Marine 4: [roll4]
The Kid: [roll5]

Bowerbird
2012-08-20, 10:36 PM
"Oh yeah, I can fight, gramps taught me how," At that point, without breaking stride she does several forward cartwheels, before bouncing back to her feet.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-21, 01:43 AM
"Ahahahaha! Impressive! I'll have to meet this old man of yours if there's time!"

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-21, 11:08 PM
Marines vs. Jane, Jessica and Li

The Marine Lieutenant draws his pistol and fires a shot at Li

"Corporal make sure no one tries to escape!" he orders one of the marines.

Ranged attack against Li:
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

The marines are all spread out so there's a five foot space between each of them with the Lieutenant being closer to your group than the other marines.

Jane is up next

Bubbles and Allonsy

A gunshot rings out in the town, it sounds like its coming from a long way off though.

Walker

"So you're in then? Good on you bub." Janbe replies. "Let's head back to my place and cook up an awesome plan to take on the marines."

Lizard Lord
2012-08-22, 03:37 AM
Upon hearing the gunshot Allonsy will turn his head, but will continue running towards Janbe's house. "Eh? Too early for the starting pistol, much too early. Ah well, we have a race to attend to. Whatever that was I'm sure it will work itself out."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-22, 09:21 AM
Marines Vs. Jane, Jessica, Sparky, Mixologist Li and the kid

Ok, sorry guys we'll do this like Edro suggested from now on. The Lieutenant will keep his initiative but all the marines will move on 12, after Mixologist Li. Below is the map and updated Initiative List.

Everybody make your battle posts and I'll sort them out when you're done.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/297/onepieced20battlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/onepieced20battlemap.png/)

Initiative
Lieutenant
Jessica
Mixologist Li
Marines 1-4
The Kid
Sparky

Vesth
2012-08-22, 09:34 AM
Jane sighs, and from with her bag, she tosses out a bag of what seems to be coins, jiggling with mirth as it sails through the air.

Her minion stand at the ready, hanging back.

Using Beli Bomb, tossing 25 feet south. All enemies within 30ft of the pouch and not in melee combat (i.e. everyone) must make a willpower save of DC 20, and if they fail, they MUST approach the bag during their next turn.

At the start of my next turn, the bomb explodes, dealing [roll0] damage to anyone within 10ft.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-22, 10:27 AM
Jessica almost immediately darts off, heading north to avoid the conflict.

Jess is off the map

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-22, 12:27 PM
Walker agrees and follows Janbeīs lead as they head to his place.

Lucretia
2012-08-22, 12:59 PM
Since my last action was out of initiative, I'm presuming it hasn't been factored in. So at the moment, I'm going to use Blade Guard.

Having his charge prevented by a shot from the lieutenant, the Mixologist turned the curved sword sideways and prepared to defend Ms. Science and her ugly, ugly baby. No one shoots a mother! That's just impolite!

Watching the bag sail through the air, Li heard the distinctive jingle of beli coins from inside. What was Ms. Science thinking! Even these scoundrels of Justice wouldn't be so foolish as to be bribed already!

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-24, 08:14 PM
Marines Vs. Jane, Sparky, Mixologist Li, and The Kid

Marine's actions

Lieutenant Will save: [roll0]
Marine 1 Will save: [roll1]
Marine 2 Will save: [roll2]
Marine 3 Will save: [roll3]
Marine 4 Will save: [roll4]

The Kid

The kid that was following around Li darts off and runs away as fast as he can.

"Help! Help! Help!" He screams at the top of his lungs.
The Kid is gone

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-24, 08:25 PM
The Marines Vs. Jane, Sparky and Mixologist Li Pt. 2

Three of the marines move closer to the bag of beli on the ground. one of them bends over and picks up the coins before the Lieutenant smacks it out of his hand.

"Don't you dare accept a bribe in front of me, Wilks!" The Lieutenant scolds him. "Bring these crooks down, by force."

All of the marines open fire on the three of you.

Map
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/297/onepieced20battlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/onepieced20battlemap.png/)

Ranged attacks
Lieutenant: [roll0] DMG: [roll1]
Marine 1: [roll2] DMG: [roll3]
Marine 2: [roll4] DMG: [roll5]
Marine 3:[roll6] DMG: [roll7]
Marine 4:[roll8] DMG: [roll9]

Allonsy and Bubbles

You hear a small child's voice screaming for help at the top of his lungs. You're not sure where it's coming from but probably in the same area as the gunshot.

Walker and Janbe

Janbe's head perks up and his ears wiggle a little. He turns to Walker and says, "Hey, do you hear that? Gunshots. Let's go!"

Janbe tears off down the street without waiting for your reply.

Lucretia
2012-08-24, 09:35 PM
After the bomb explodes and the Lieutenant fired at him, Mixologist Li deflected the bullet deftly and moved forwards. "A true Marine, to not accept a bribe. And yet you follow unJust commands!" The capitalization of Just, even in the word unjust, is audible. "You are the worst sort of Marine, a Marine who defies even Absolute Justice for Blind Obedience! The Marines have no need for such an officer!" Remaining with his guard held, the tiny cyborg stood a few feet away from the radius of the bomb.

Mixologist Li moves to G11.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-24, 10:16 PM
"Darn! It can't be helped Bubbles. The race will..." It seems to pain Allonsy to say what comes next even as he turns and runs towards the screaming child. "have to wait! You coming Miss Bubbles? Try to keep up!"

Allonsy will than run as fast as he can towards the sound of the child's voice.

Entering Haste stance and than taking a double move (90 ft.) towards the sound of the child. If I'm not there yet I will than take a full run action (180 ft.) until I reach the child.

Bowerbird
2012-08-25, 12:31 AM
"Sounds like the kid's in trouble," Bubbles says, a trace of worry in her voice, "Oh hey! Wait for me!" she says, running after Allonsy but not quite catching up.

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-25, 09:15 AM
"Hey! At least wait for me!" Walker shouted as he ran after Janbe. "That guy sure is weird.....and fast." He told himself.

Vesth
2012-08-25, 09:32 PM
As the smoke from the explosion clears, Jane slides into position, her arm outstretched as the curious weapon glows, the twin eyes lighting up with a shade of red.

"Phoenix Strike: Echo of Flame" she whispers as flaming spines fire at the enemies in front of her.

Her minion lumbers off to look for the two people who were involved in the fight but wussed out at the last minute.

Move to F10, Specialist Weapon Attack.

Attack:
Lieutenant: [roll0]
Marine at I10: [roll1]
Marine at I12: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3] heat damage.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-27, 10:29 PM
Battle against the Marines

Jane rushes towards the marines and unleashes a gout of fire at them. Two of the marines fall to the ground, their bodies badly burned. The Marine Lieutenant drops to his knees, panting heavily.

"You have no idea what you're talking about, old man. You think that just because we take extra steps to protect the citizens we're evil? I don't care if you understand why we follow the orders we are given. They serve their purpose just as we do. We serve a Justice of a higher order." The Lieutenant raised his pistol and fired at Li once more. "Men, bring down the traitor."

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/297/onepieced20battlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/onepieced20battlemap.png/)

Marine Lieutenant, Marine 3 and Marine 4 attack Mixologist Li
Marine Lieutenant: [roll0] DMG: [roll1]
Marine 3: [roll2] DMG: [roll3]
Marine 4: [roll4] DMG: [roll5]

Walker

Everyone around you seems to be staring off in the direction of Janbe and the gunshots you heard in the distance.

If you follow Janbe, the two of you will arrive on the scene next round.

Bubbles

You race off after Allonsy and on the way crash into a very tall young man with blue hair.

"Ouch! That hurt!" The young man says. He looks you up and down. "I'm Janbe. Sorry I can't stay but I need to go beat up some marines! You wanna come with?"

Jessica

While you are trying to slip away from the fight, you find yourself in a dead ended allyway. Behind you, you hear the grumbling and whining of something that doesn't look quite human enough to really be... human. The patchwork monster grabs you by the arm and tries to drag you back where you came from.

Allonsy

You see a screaming child running towards you.

"Help! Help! Help!" The small child says. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" He runs right up to you and screams some more. "ALLONSY!!! HELP!!!!" He runs back the way he came, looking over his shoulder at you frequently.

You follow the small child and come across a group of marines in the middle of a fight with a small old man and a frumpy looking woman with a flaming gauntlet.

Allonsy and The Kid enter the battle.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-27, 10:45 PM
"I'm not going back there, I wasn't involved until you guys dragged me into it," Jessica says to the little homunculus* pulling her oarm away from it, "but, once the fighting is over, bring the others to my house outside of town, I have a couple raft-boats we can use to get off this rock, I just need to finish them. Just follow the west road," with that, Jessica dodges around it and heads towards the gates, heading to her house quickly.

The actual definition of a Homunculus is a miniature humanoid. Thought it'd fit.

Also, yes, Jess is not fighting, she's a sneaky fighter, not a direct one. So she'd prefer to run from a direct fight and take an opportunistic strike when the enemy is unawares, I'm sticking to character.

Read as, she won't do what you want her to do here.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-27, 11:22 PM
Upon seeing the scene the scene in front of the yells at the top of his lungs as he draws his blade and charges forward. "You steal my friend's boat, try to cancel our precious race, and then attack women, children, and old people! Enough!"

The longleg swordsmen in the orange jumpsuit sticks his sword out in front of him and shouts his attack just as he reaches the marine lieutenant. "Allonsy Collision Course!"

Charging straight line at the lieutenant. Taking 10 on initiative for total of 18.

Weapon Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Vesth
2012-08-28, 05:25 AM
Sparky watches Jessica, sticking its tongue out at her as she leaves, before rushing back to relay the message to its master.

---

Jane raises an eyebrow at the Liutenant.

"What men? You and your troops lack the intellect and the technology to defeat me" she said proudly, taking pride in her special gauntlet. But it wouldn't do to waste more ammo than absoutely necessary, and if she didn't want to use it, there was little else she could actually do...well, other than physically sock one of them in the face. A little barbaric, but it would have to do.

Move to H12, and punch the marine at I12.

Attack: [roll0]

DaOldeWolf
2012-08-28, 02:46 PM
As Walker hears the gunshots, he stops for a second. "This smells like trouble...." Walker decides to continue to observe the situation in the least case he decided to get involved. He then continues to follow the sound of the shots.

Lucretia
2012-08-28, 03:05 PM
The bullets flashed off the metal of Li's sword as he deflected them, before Li took a lightning moment to slash at the Lieutenant. Although he most likely missed, some Longleg -- Li hadn't seen one of those since the Grand Line, how peculiar! -- attacked the Lieutenant from behind! Taking a step forward, Li either struck the Lieutenant if he was still standing, or the Marine he was now near.

Move to H11, either strike the Lieutenant if he's still standing or the Marine if the Lieutenant is down.

[roll0] + 3, still suffering the -5 from the defense the turn earlier.
[roll1] + 6 for damage.

Bowerbird
2012-08-29, 12:13 PM
Bubbles reels away from the man slightly, "Oh, sorry! Cool I was just heading that way too, man that long legged guy sure is fast..." she says, running alongside the new blue-haired guy in the direction Allonsy ran off in.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-29, 04:50 PM
Jessica

The little homunculus leaves you to your own devices. While walking back to your house you pass by several large groups of marines. They don't really pay any attention to you, but from what you can hear it seems they're on the lookout for someone matching your description.

You'll need to make a DC 15 hide check to make it back to your house without being spotted.

Allonsy, Mixologist Li, Jane VS. Marines

"You have no idea the kind of mistake you're making..." The Lieutenant says just as Li cuts him down with his sword. Allonsy jumps into the fray as well, landing on the lieutenant's head as he collapses.

As Jane punches out the last marine near her, the one soldier that everyone seems to have forgotten about rushes off to get more help. You can hear shouting in the distance as more soldiers arrive to back up their fallen comrades.

At the same time that the reinforcements arrive, Walker, Bubbles and Janbe come into the plaza from the south.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/297/onepieced20battlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/onepieced20battlemap.png/)

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-29, 05:04 PM
Jessica mentally curses as she lifts her hood over her head and walks through stickign to the shadows. How the hell did they know about her, no information was relayed and she never even fought!

If i can take 15 I'll do that if not take 10

Hide: [roll0]

Lizard Lord
2012-08-29, 10:23 PM
"You shouldn't have gotten in the way of our race! Collision Course!" The racer yells again as he charges at the the marine lieutenant nearest to the kid that found Allonsy.

Moving to H3 to charge at the lieutenant at H2. Attack: [roll0]

Bowerbird
2012-08-31, 01:16 PM
With a complicated series of leaps and cartwheels, Bubbles makes her way across the plaza, giving a slight wave to Li and the other people, "Hi!" *slow-motion fanservice shot* As she launches herself past them straight at the marines on the opposite side of the plaza, her final cartwheel leaves her in a handstand in front of the line of marines, but only briefly as she launches herself feet first with all her forward momentum, into the marines, "Rolar Bencao!"

Initiative: [roll1d20+8[/roll]
Full-Round Action: Charge the marines on the North side, if the Lieutenant is a legal target then I hit him, otherwise, whoever's in range.
Also, if I can activate the Kuja's special Haki, I'll use that too, but only if I have enough actions, it'll add +3 to the damage. If possible she probably would have done that before entering the square, since her damage is quite low without it.
Attack Roll: [roll0]

Lucretia
2012-09-01, 01:30 AM
Li shook his head at the lieutenant, and then watched as the Longleg fellow dashed off to attack the lieutenant and Marines off to one side. Picking his sword back up, Li made his way towards the great line of Marines coming from the North, unwilling to attack them yet!

In my 'skipped' standard action, Li resumed the Blade Guard stance. He then moved to B11. He's going to wait there for the time being, holding his current action.

Vesth
2012-09-01, 11:13 AM
Jane maneuvers herself to the best position available, angling her arm just so, as she shouts out to her allies,

"Get down! Phoenix Strike: Echo of Flame!"

Move to D10.

Attack:
A8: [roll0]
A9: [roll1]
A10: [roll2]
A11: [roll3]
A12: [roll4]

Damage: [roll5] Heat Damage

Meanwhile, Sparky quickly grabs the kid, and tries to drag him into the nearest building for safety.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-01, 03:28 PM
"I should have known they were all involved." Walker replied as he recognized those involved from the gathering earlier. He decided to watch the situation and stay away from the fight until he understood what was going on.

Initiative: [roll0]
Walker moves N6.

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-03, 11:34 AM
Battle with the Marines

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/297/onepieced20battlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/onepieced20battlemap.png/)

As the bouncing, flouncing, one woman floozy parade rushes in from the south, all eyes turn to follow her. When she waves, a few of the marines shyly return her greeting only to be completely shocked when she flips into a handstand and plants a high heeled shoe into the face of their lieutenant. She lands adjacent to the short old man who seems intent on placing himself between the marines and everyone else.

Behind her, Jane Mallory's fire tears through the line of northern Marines burning each of them in turn, including the poor lieutenant.

Defense Rolls:
Lieutenant 1: Bubbles- [roll0] Jane [roll1]
Marine 2- [roll2]
Marine 3- [roll3]
Marine 4- [roll4]
Marine 5- [roll5]

Bubbles and Mixologist Li need to make rolls to defend against Jane's gauntlet attack.

Allonsy charges into another marine Lieutenant at full speed with an attack that might have been a knee, might have been an elbow and was probably more like a football tackle than anything else.

Lieutenant 2: Defense Roll- [roll6]

Sparky and the kid go flying through a window into a nearby house, both seem unharmed.
Sparky and the Kid are no longer on the map

"Wow! You guys are really strong! Lemme try!" Janbe says. He rushes around the corner and turns to fire at one of the marines. He pulls out a strange looking pistol that crackles with electricity. "TesLa BuRsT!!" the air crackles with electricity as a bolt of lightning shoots out of the gun.

Janbe attacks Marine 9. [roll7]
I'll make sure to post stats for Janbe in the OOC thread later today if you all want.

Jessica

You are able to slip by the marines, who only give you a short glance before turning away to continue their search. On your way back to your house you pass by a group of marines transporting some strange boxes marked with a symbol for ammunition parts. They don't seem very attentive though, one of them is busy shouting into a transponder snail while the others watch intently.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-03, 03:00 PM
Jessica walks past the Marines, heading to her house, though she does try to hear what the arguement is about.

Listen: [roll0]

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-04, 08:09 AM
Walker sees that the marine are busy. "Well, lets see what Janbe has in mind." He decides to saty where he is to avoid unncessary conflict.

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-16, 10:26 AM
Marines Vs. Party

http://imageshack.us/a/img836/297/onepieced20battlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/onepieced20battlemap.png/)

A few of the Marines go down in another gout of fire. Both Lieutenants are taken out in short order by the combination of powerful attacks. Even though they are gone, the other marines hold their line. They draw up and ready their guns

Attack Rolls
Marine 1 [roll0] at Jane
Marine 2 [roll1] at Jane
Marine 3 [roll2] at Bubbles
Marine 5 [roll3] at Mixologist Li
Marine 6 [roll4] at Jane
Marine 7 [roll5] at Allonsy
Marine 8 [roll6] at Janbe
Marine 9- is stunned for [roll7] rounds

Vesth
2012-09-17, 04:54 AM
"I hope my Sparky is ok..." Jane muttered to herself as she tries to pummel her foe with a well-aimed punch to the face.

Move to B9, punch Marine No.3

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-18, 04:54 PM
"Damn. They are shooting. I am not just going to walk into the center of fire." He said to himself. "But I could always...."

Moving to N2

Bowerbird
2012-09-19, 09:16 AM
Completely oblivious to any danger, Bubbles is caught in the blast of fire from the scientist's flame attack. "Owowowowow hoooot!" she immediately stops fighting and rolls around on the ground to put herself out, conveniently avoiding a counterattack from the marine she just hit.
Bluff check to Feint the lieutenant this turn: [roll0]
Hp down to 2 >_<

Lucretia
2012-09-21, 12:49 PM
Li makes an attack at the Marine 5.

[roll0] + 3
[roll1] + 6

With a strangely slow strike, the Mixologist attacked the Marine nearby, either having ignored or not noticed the gout of flame that had nearly enveloped him.

Lizard Lord
2012-09-21, 02:48 PM
Not so much as flinching after the marine's attack; Allonsy leans forward with his long legs to continue his assault on the group in front of him.

As a large sized character I have a ten foot reach, so I will attack marine #8 without moving.

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-24, 02:40 PM
Vs. Marines
Defense Rolls: taking 10
Marine 3: 15
Marine 5: 15
Marine 8: 15
Marine 5 & 8 are out. Marines 1,2,3 & 6 fail the bluff check.

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/297/onepieced20battlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/onepieced20battlemap.png/)

The powerful attacks by the longleg swordsman and the tiny chef take out two more of the marines. With no leadership to assist them, the other marines begin to panic and flee.
"They're so crazy they'll kill each other to get to us! I'm not getting paid enough for this!" One of the marines shouts as they run.

All other marines flee the battlefield. The fight is over. Y'all are level 2 now congrats.

Vesth
2012-09-25, 06:07 AM
"Sparky, you can come out now!" Jane called out as she panted, letting her arms rest. Punching people like a brute is not her forte, and never will be. After taking a short break, she quickly skims through the bodies of the fallen, hoping to replenish what she had spent for the battle.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-25, 08:19 AM
"Great. I managed to avoid detection. " Walker said happily to himself. The least he wanted is unnecesary trouble with the marines. He then decided to walk back with Janbe.

Lizard Lord
2012-09-25, 02:10 PM
Allonsy laughed, not because they had won but because he had found more people willing to stand up to the marines. "Hey, you guys! You want to help rescue the boats that these marines stole from the town?"

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-28, 09:41 PM
"Janbe! Do you know any of these poeple? You never mentioned they would be others. Or is all this just a coincidence?" Walker replied a little annoyed of not being told everything.

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-28, 09:52 PM
"Janbe! Do you know any of these poeple? You never mentioned they would be others. Or is all this just a coincidence?" Walker replied a little annoyed of not being told everything.

Janbe placed one big hand on the back of his head. "Oh yeah, that's Allonsy... He's my buddy. And that's Blonde-Chick, I think I ran into her when I was coming over here and... nope that's it. Hi guys!" He waves at each of the other people present, a big grin on his face.

Elricaltovilla
2012-10-01, 03:46 PM
Looking around at the unconcious marines, you are able to pick out a few bags of coins and some dropped equipment.

100,000 Beri
2 rifles with 6 bullets each
2 cutlasses

Lizard Lord
2012-10-01, 10:44 PM
Allonsy laughs at Walker's question. "Ahahahaha! It is no coincidence! Everyone that is here is here because we are willing to stand up to these marines. Right?"

Lucretia
2012-10-07, 12:05 PM
Li sheathed his sword. "Oh bother... this is going to make life difficult, isn't it? And where did the boy go..." The short chef looked around for the boy he had been speaking to before he'd been attacked. "He ran off with Miss Science's ugly, ugly baby. Hmm... something about fun being banned forever. Is that the truth of the matter? You there! Longfellow. Has all fun been truly banned from this place forever?"

Lizard Lord
2012-10-07, 04:33 PM
Allonsy laughs at the old swordsman's question as he runs towards the former marine. "Ahahaha! Of course not! Not for lack of trying, but fun cannot be truly banned unless the people allow it! The race is important to me and Janbe there and we will make it happen despite what the marines say! What do you say old man, want to help us? If not I am sure we can handle it ourselves."

Lucretia
2012-10-07, 04:35 PM
Li tapped a finger to his beard. "I hate to go against Justice, but what sort of Justice would prevent fun? I mean, not all fun. Some fun is Unjust. Like torture. And ski-ball! Yes, my elongated friend, I believe we shall have ourselves an accord! But perhaps we could get something to drink? I'm ever so parched..."

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-07, 04:41 PM
"Just want to leave the island. Nothing else matters to me. I really dont care about details." He decided to make his intentions as clear as water.

Lizard Lord
2012-10-07, 05:08 PM
Allonsy turns from his original course begins running towards the man that did not take part in the battle.

"That's fine. Once our race around the island is done with, me and Janbe will begin a race around the world! If you temporarily join my crew I can drop you off anywhere you want, as long as it is on the way.

But first lets drink! Let us give cheers to the big race! Ahahahaha!"

Allonsy will change course once more and begin running towards the nearest bar, forgetting to slow down for the others. "Follow me!"

OOC: I am assuming Allonsy would know where to local bar is. And if the others can keep up with him, Janbe can show them the way.

Vesth
2012-10-08, 04:41 AM
Sparky runs out with the kid in tow, delivering a bite on Li's leg on the way back to its master, who was busy rummaging through the fallen and digging out the gold, taking every gold/silver scrap the others didn't seem to care for. Hey, science costs.

Bowerbird
2012-10-08, 06:37 AM
Bubbles, who up until now was still rolling around on the ground n exaggerated pain, sits up all of a sudden "Oh... Did we win?"

Elricaltovilla
2012-10-08, 04:02 PM
Janbe jumps up and down excitedly "Woo Yeah! We won! I'm gonna eat so much food!"

Lucretia
2012-10-08, 04:04 PM
"Food, you say? I wouldn't mind a quick something or other, but I'm more interested in a particular liquid that comes in a mug about yea by so-and-so, if you catch my drift." He made measurements for a gigantic mug in his hands, clearly trying to avoid saying liquor in front of the Boy if he was still nearby.

Elricaltovilla
2012-10-11, 12:20 PM
"Hey mister?" The Kid asks Mixologist Li, tugging on his pant leg. "Are you really gonna get our boats back? If you are, I can take you to my mom's place, she's got a restaurant near here."

The Kid holds out his hand.

Lucretia
2012-10-11, 12:23 PM
Li took the child's hand. "May my friends come with us to your mother's restaurant? They will help get the boats back, I believe. And thus, restore all fun in the world."

Elricaltovilla
2012-10-11, 12:32 PM
The Kid's eyes grew huge at Mixologist Li's proclamation. "They will? Yeah! Come on!" he starts tugging at Li's hand, leading him off towards his mother's restaurant.

Lucretia
2012-10-11, 12:34 PM
"Come my friends! Let us see where this restaurant is, and let us uncover the secret of the unjust Marines!"

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-11, 02:12 PM
"Alright. I just hope the food is good." Walker replies as he starts following Mixologist Li and the kid. "By the way, I am Walker."

Vesth
2012-10-12, 07:14 AM
"I...probably need the sustenance." Jane conceded as she followed the rest.

"My name's Jane Mallory, inventor extraordinaire."

Bowerbird
2012-10-14, 01:20 AM
"Ooh, I like food! And fun! Wait for me!" Bubbles shouts, running after the old man and the kid.

Elricaltovilla
2012-10-16, 02:36 AM
The Kid's Mom's Bar

When the group arrives at the bar, a table has already been supplied for them. It seems Allonsy got there a little early, despite not knowing where they were all headed.

"Hey momma!" The Kid says as he runs up to a stout looking woman with a bit of a moustache. "These guys are gonna rescue our boats!"

The barmaid looks the group up and down. "So I heard, honey. Now, go get to washin' those dishes. I'll make sure your friends here are well taken care of." She smiles at the party. "Have a seat, I bet you lot have some stories to tell."

Lizard Lord
2012-10-16, 03:20 AM
"Oh?" Allonsy said grinning wildly. "You're here! What took you so long?"

Lucretia
2012-10-17, 10:55 AM
Li waddled over to a seat, hoisting himself up on it. "There ain't stories in this noggin that you'd care to here, miss," he said in an unusually unjolly tone. He sighed and cracked his fingers. "If I could trouble you for a glass of something with a kick? That fight sure took a lot out of me... some loon shot me with fire!"

Lizard Lord
2012-10-17, 01:55 PM
Allonsy will run around the restaurant with a cup of coffee he had ordered ealier already in hand. "I can't wait for this race! I hope you guys can get ready for this soon! Just imagine Janbe, soon we will have a race around the world like the three of us always dreamed about."

Vesth
2012-10-17, 07:56 PM
Jane smashes her forehead into the smooth bar table, her voice muffled by the thick wood.

"I want something strong..."

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-18, 10:29 AM
"Just give some food. Whatever it is, it will be better than nothing." Walker replies before going back to thinking.

Bowerbird
2012-10-20, 06:14 AM
Bubbles flounces into the room after everyone else, barely a trace of a limp from her injury. She flops down into a seat with a slight wince, "Ooh something fizzy please!"

Elricaltovilla
2012-10-20, 01:38 PM
At the Bar

Janbe flops down in a seat across from Allonsy. The Kid's mother nods as she gets your orders and leaves.

"You know we aren't gonna be able to break into the Marine Base looking like this." Janbe Says. "We need some way in that'll let us past the guards without having to get arrested. Any ideas?"

Lucretia
2012-10-20, 01:40 PM
"Uniforms on the men we knocked out back outside, could use those to sneak in. Pretend you caught me, looking to see if you can claim the old bounty maybe." He was still unusually dour. Lack of fuel, perhaps.

Elricaltovilla
2012-10-24, 12:42 PM
The Barmaid returns with plates full of meat and several huge flagons of foaming alcohol water.

"Enjoy! You all did me a huge favor, saving my boy from those marines."

Lucretia
2012-10-24, 02:54 PM
Mixologist Li accepted his water (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FrothyMugsOfWater) with a thanks and downed it in one go. "Oh ho! What a drink! Thank you for that, ma'am! Your boy was just asking me a few questions when those Marines started being boisterous, I just hope he's okay. Madame Science's ugly baby didn't hurt him, did he?"

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-24, 08:27 PM
"Uniforms on the men we knocked out back outside, could use those to sneak in. Pretend you caught me, looking to see if you can claim the old bounty maybe."

Walker had been thinking about her idea. Inmediatly after he received the meat, he started eating. He waited until had chewed up the mouthful he had taken to talk. "I believe only me should disguise as a marine and find a way to get the others in. Everyone else was involved in the fight and thus could end up being identified by one of the marines that ran away. " He suggested as he went back to eating.