PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Mounted Gunslinger questions

Silus
2012-08-16, 04:10 AM
So I'm making my 4th Pathfinder Society character, a mounted Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Musket Master, and I'm kinda stuck at the feats.

I plan to take the first level in Gunslinger, then 4 levels in Luring Cavalier then back to Gunslinger. The issue come up with my lvl 1 Feat. Ought I concern myself with all-the-time mounted combat, or go for the ranged feats since I'm gonna be using my gun like 90% of the time?

Right now it's Point-Blank Shot vs Mounted Combat (to turn into Mounted Archery later down the line). Improved Initiative is also a viable choice, but I already have a +6 to Initiative as it is.

Anyway, advice and suggestions are more than appreciated.

panaikhan
2012-08-16, 07:36 AM
What does Mounted Combat do for you?
My Alchemist/Musket Master didn't have it, though I do have to say that her 'mount' was the party Synthesist, so 'control' was not an issue.

Silus
2012-08-16, 01:04 PM
What does Mounted Combat do for you?
My Alchemist/Musket Master didn't have it, though I do have to say that her 'mount' was the party Synthesist, so 'control' was not an issue.

Once a round, I can make a Ride check to negate a hit against my mount. It's mostly so I can get Mounted Archery, which halves the minuses for shooting from a double-movement mount (from -4 to -2).

...Though looking at the feat trees, I think I just answered the question for myself >.>