PDA

View Full Version : A Spiral of Shadow and Light Part 3 OOC

Kyeudo
2012-08-16, 10:35 PM
Alright, time to see about getting this game back up and running.

First thing that I need to get out of the way: You have "yell at the Storyteller" privileges. I am a very sandboxy Storyteller, so I don't really have a clue where the plot is going to go. I have some theories about where you might end up, but those theories have been debunked time and again. I know what the villians are trying to do, but they may or may not succeed because of your actions. Because of this, if I am doing something you think is stupid or boring or you don't like the direction the plot is going, please voice your concerns! I can always see about changing something!

So, we need to talk about where we want to start everyone up. Do we want to just have everyone in the same place, already having met, and write the story of how they all got together as a bit of communal backstory? Or do we want to have everyone start out in whatever place seems natural and roleplay our way to a coherent group as a sort of prelude?

Since you are going to be managing your own character sheets, I suggest you put them in your first post so you can easily find them.

Tavar
2012-08-16, 10:46 PM
Hello, just to be clear, I'm the assistant ST. We'll see exactly how this relationship works out soon enough, I guess.

Kyeudo
2012-08-17, 12:19 AM
Smack me upside the head if I do anything stupid. I'm new to this co-Storyteller thing as well.

The_Snark
2012-08-17, 05:53 AM
Hey folks! Sheet will go here as soon as I have one put together.

As for our starting point, I'm open to either (though of course Jian is already acquainted with the existing group). From what I can see, Cespenar is taking over an established NPC, and Kobold-Bard wrote himself a connection to one of the NPC Lunars hanging around, which leaves only Industrious's Sidereal to introduce? The decision doesn't weigh heavily on me either way.

Ridai
2012-08-17, 06:12 AM
Man, good thing I stumbled across this thread. Hey all!

Red - aka Raluca or Maiden of Forsaken Skies
Stats (Combat stats towards the top)Name: Raluca / Red
Concept: ?
Motivation: Annihilate the deserving
Anima Banner: Pitch-black serrated humanoid made of shards, pulsating grey glow in the cracks
Bonus Points: 1/49
Willpower: 7/8

Essence
Essence Score: 4
Personal Essence: 15/20
Peripheral Essence: 37/46 (9 committed)

Health Levels
-0: [ ]
-1: [ ][ ][ ]
-2: [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4: [ ]
Incapacitated: [ ]

Resonance: 3

Combat Stats
Dodge Value: 6
Mental Dodge Value: 7 (10 due to Jania)
Parry Values:
Ruinous Siren and Quicksilver Scabbard: 9
Ruinous Siren: 6
Short sword: 6
Knife: 5
Hardness: 0L/0B (3L/3B)
Soak: 2L/3B (10L/9B)
Ruinous Siren: Speed 5, Accuracy 17, Damage 13L/2, Rate 3
Fine Short Sword: Speed 5, Accuracy 12, Damage 6L, Rate 2
Knife: Speed 4, Accuracy 12, Damage 5L, Rate 3, Th

Attributes
Strength 4
Dexterity 5
Stamina 3
Charisma 3
Manipulation 2
Appearance 4
Intelligence 1
Perception 2
Wits 4

Abilities
Caste: Dusk
Caste Abilities: Archery, Martial Arts, Melee, Thrown, War
Favored Abilities: Athletics, Awareness, Integrity, Presence, Resistance
Melee 5 (Sword and Shield 3)
[Martial Arts 1 from Jania]
War 5
Integrity 3
Presence 3 (Intimidation 1)
Resistance 3
Survival 1
Lore 1
Medicine 1
Occult 2
Athletics 5
Awareness 2
Dodge 3
Stealth 1
(Languages: Riverspeak)

Backgrounds
Resources 1
Artifact 3 (Ruinous Siren)
Artifact 1 (Soulsteel Breastplate)
Artifact 2 (Quicksilver Scabbard)
Manse 1 (Tomb of Candle-Eyed Skulls, Stone of Sharp Edges)

Virtues
Compassion 2/2 (Flawed Virtue)
Conviction 3/3
Temperance 3/3
Valor 2/2

Intimacies:
Family (Love)
Gao Shu (Friendship)
He Who Laughs (Hatred)

Charms
Melee
Second Melee Excellencey – Essence Triumphant
Five Shadow Feint
Unfurling Iron Lotus
Time-Scything Technique
Elegant Flowing Deflection
Vengeful Riposte
Death-Deflecting Technique (Conviction Flaw)
Eye of the Tempest
Athletics
Raiton's Nimble Perch
Crouching Gargoyle Stance
Mist Over Ice
Dodge
Uncanny Impulse Evasion
Resistance
Ox-Body Technique
Injury-Absorbing Discipline
Occult
Spirit-Sensing Meditation
Corpus-Rending Blow

Gear
Fine Short Sword (Speed 5, Accuracy +2, Damage +2L, Defense +1, Rate 2)
Knife (Speed 4, Accuracy +2, Damage +1L, Defense +0, Rate 3)
Ruinous Siren (Speed 5, Accuracy +3, Damage +8L/3, Defense +2, Rate 3, O)
Quicksilver Scabbard (Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage 2B, Defense +5, Rate 1, M, Sh0)

Ruinous Siren
Ruinous Siren is a dangerous pitch black daiklave made of soulsteel. The faces and figures of the souls from which the blade is made from are more subtle than an ordinary weapon of soulsteel and accentted by a weak reddish glow. Anyone looking at the tormented faces residing within the metal is left with an empty feeling, a want for more, and the sword plays upon this, whispering promises to all that see it, that by merely possessing the blade their darkest desires will be fufilled. Anyone with a Dodge MDV of less than 5 can't help but subconciously believe the sword, causing even a glimpse of the blade to count as a scene of building an Intimacy of lust towards Ruinous Siren.

The blade feasts upon the misery it spreads like gods do on prayer, with every person with an Intimacy of lust towards the Siren providing two motes to the daiklave every day, the maximum of the pool being 10 motes. The wielder can make use of this, making the Siren bite especially deep. When raw damage is being determined, the wielder can exchange motes out of that pool for extra damage dice on a 1 to 1 basis. Like all soulsteel weapons, Ruinous Siren drains motes of essence equal to the wielder’s permanent Essence when it strikes a target and inflicts at least one health level of damage.

Stone of Sharp Edges
The Tomb of Candle-Eyed Skulls' hearthstone. When set into an artefact weapon, it adds 1 to it's Accuracy and Damage.

Soulsteel Breastplate
Black, somewhat flexible armor with angled ridges, designed to resemble a stylized ribcage.

Quicksilver Scabbard
Unattuned, this moonsilver artifact looks like a robust scabbard adorned with swirling motives. When committing 2 motes to the Quicksilver Scabbard, the artifact morphs around an attuned daiklave and binds itself to the wielder as mentally directed by her. When the daiklave is drawn, the scabbard immediately flows to the wielder's off-hand and shapes itself into a serrated gauntlet strong enough to be used to parry attacks, functioning as a Thunderbolt Shield. The Quicksilver Scabbard reshapes itself around the weapon again as the wielder wishes when she wants to sheath it.

Bonus PointsAvailable BP/total BP: 1/49
1 - Temperance 2 -> 3
3 - Willpower 5 -> 8
14 - Essence 2 -> 4
1 - Quicksilver Scabbard 1 -> 2
2 - Integrity 1 -> 3
2 - Resistance 1 -> 3
2 - Presence 1 -> 3
3 - Ox-Body Technique
3 - Injury-Absorbing Discipline
1 - Awareness 1 -> 2
4 - Stamina 2 -> 3
3 - Time-Scything Technique
3 - Raiton's Nimble Perch
3 - Crouching Gargoyle Stance
3 - Mist Over Ice

Appearance (outdated) 1.85m (6' 1"), 70kg (155lbs.), slender athletic build, dark-red straight hair past her shoulders, sharp features, deep red cold eyes, flawless white skin. Cold beauty.
Wears predominantly dark clothing, fitting shirt, robust leather jacket with hood, leather pants, boots (compromise between stability and mobility, also holds the knife), cloth draped asymetrically around the waist (looks and you never know when you could need it), short sword sheath bound to her right leg.
Carries a shoulder bag with her.
The past lifeBorn in the shadier parts of Nexus, Raluca was confronted with crime early and was on the road for most of her life. Her parents being part of a caravan in the Scavenger Lands trading ordinary wares and more exotic goods, she got around a lot, learned the trade languages and had to learn to take care of herself, as everyone was needed. Her physical ability quickly surfaced, at a somewhat astonishing speed, as she learned from swordsmen and hunters who accompanied the caravan or she met in the cities and villages it went to. At 14, Raluca already was a competent swordfighter and good enough hunter to sustain herself.

Although she loved her father, mother and younger brother, she never really got used to the methods employed by the caravan and its contacts, including exploitation of poorer communities and occasional threats as well as violence to drive their business forward. Raluca kept silent about it and ignored it at the best of her ability, eventually seeming to stop caring. Consequently, she further trained her abilities, even receiving training by contract killers working for the crime lord controlling the caravan.

Things eventually started to spiral downwards. Her caravan witnessed part of the fall of Thorns from afar, fleeing quickly from the general area, which was Raluca's first brush with the forces of the Deathlords. Even though she tried to ignore the caravans methods, her discontent grew daily, especially when she had to participate in using them, as she had proven her capabilities when she became one of the best swordfighters in the employ of the crime lord. Raluca learned to kill with frightening efficiency and direct others to do the same.

About six months ago, she was one of the witnesses of a confrontation of two Anathema in a lone valley the caravan came to when having to take a detour because of the weather. One of them radiant as the sun, the other wreathed in consuming darkness, they fought with inhuman ferocity and earth-shattering might, devastating the valley and even cracking the ground in the final blow. After that, silence fell over the valley and Raluca and the others found no trace of the two combatants in the cave below the ground, assuming they annihilated each other in the end, although they found a large, pitch black sword which presence was unnerving for the mere humans.

Soon enough, the sword was brought back to Nexus. Obsession and secrecy grew around it, mistrust with it. The crime lord concealed its existence from the rest of Nexus and became more and more paranoid. He threatened his lackeys, saw conspiracy where none was and with time, most of his staff wanted to possess it, thinking it would grant them power and prosperity as a symbol of might. They bled each other dry in constant backstabbing, until Raluca had enough, sick and tired of the growing inhumanity and corruption.

Three months ago, she went straight into the main building when another quarrel broke out and took the sword by force, quickly escaping the city, having sown false rumors of her destination beforehand. She wandered the Scavenger Lands, the crime lord to weak to effectively follow her and lead into a false direction. Although she concealed the sword and avoided associates of her enemy to the best of her ability, violence seemed to follow Raluca. The threat to her life seemed to weaken in the past month as her enemy seemingly lost her trace nearly completely (or his power ran out).

Raluca had no destination, no place to go to. She only knew she had to keep the sword away from the wrong hands to prevent past events from repeating. Though she wishes to avoid violence, deep inside her the longing to kill the crime lord and all his allies for what they have done and for them drawing her family into the whole mess (even seemingly corrupt her father) still festers inside her, ironically. Tired and weary, Raluca, hardened and disillusioned by the whole experience and now at the age of 20, arrives in Matashi, seeking a place to rest for a short while, before continuing her vagabond life.

Additional InfoFamilyFlavus Itrian, Raluca's father, is a strict man, always kind of grim looking, who became the leader of the caravan in the last weeks before his daughter stole the sword. Started with a good set of morals he passed on to his children and was a good husband and husband, but those morals corroded with time, slowly and silently, until the methods employed by most of the caravan were second nature. Like the others, Flavus thought that possessing the sword would give him an edge over the competition (and he thought it would help his family in a twisted way only he understood), and his willingness for depravity to reach that goal is one of the things that drove Raluca to do as she did.

Iana Itrian, Raluca's mother, was generally kind-hearted back when the family wasn't in shambles, although too trusting. She has a definite tenaciousness to her, supporting her family stubbornly in times of hardship. Back when the negative influence of the crime lord started to seep into the caravan (over a decade ago), she defended her husbands actions, believing he does what is necessary for the good of their family. Iana took care of the organizational work in the caravan, something she theoretically still does. With time, her will withered into desperation, drastically so when the sword was found and hostility increased, until she didn't know what to do anymore, seeing her husband commit ever more questionable acts and her family fall apart, unable to gather the courage to stand up for what she believes in.

Suro Itrian, Raluca's younger brother by two years, is outgoing and confident, way more adept at handling people than his big sister ever was (except in battle). He had many friends around his age in Nexus and various places, in contrast to Raluca who mostly was in company of a few people years older than her. Having a sharp mind, he quickly accumulated knowledge, including some lessons in self-defense by his sister (he has a quite sturdy frame), who made him swear to always stay true to himself. Suro also knew something was wrong with the family and caravan and Raluca hopes that it didn't get to him in a bad way when she told him to take their mother and leave Nexus before she went into the lion's den.

Relationships/Thoughts: (Raluca at present, rest 3 months ago)
Raluca -> Flavus (Disappointment at seeing her father fall so low, hopes he snaps out of it)
Raluca -> Iana (hopes she would stand up for herself and return to her former self)
Raluca -> Suro (proud of him, but fears the spreading corruption might have reached him)

Flavus -> Raluca (should do as she is told for the benefit of their family)
Flavus -> Iana (tired of her stressed out behaviour, but does feel some guilt at the same time)
Flavus -> Suro (likely his successor and potential aide in business matters)

Iana -> Raluca (worried about her safety and what she does for the business)
Iana -> Flavus (wishes they could go back to past times)
Iana -> Suro (happy to have him around, a bit sad about him having to take care of her instead of the other way around)

Suro -> Raluca (deeply worried, but still confident in her, although uncertain if he will be able to keep his vow intact)
Suro -> Flavus (sees him as the misguided man that he has become)
Suro -> Iana (tries to keep her safe as well as her spirits up)
The crime lord and why all the sword-stealery?Yoran Kor, the aforementioned now elderly crime lord, holds his position since more than 30 years ago, operating out of his base in the shadier parts of Nexus, a fairly large multi-storied house with all kinds of spectacular/intimidating decorations and what not. Still a far cry from being a palace. Currently at his second trophy wife (various slaves not factored in). Enjoys his power and fortune, as well as some of the simpler pleasures in life. Constantly sought to gain influence and thus expanded his "business" in the past decades, slowly taking over a few brothels, tea as well as trade houses and merchant caravans, in addition to expanding their purposes and the types of goods they were making their money with. Known for driving a hard bargain, often aided by questionable methods, Yoran likes to keep control and his cards close to his chest, so to speak.

When the sword was found, it was kept secret among Yoran and his lackeys. The crime lord considered it to be a powerful artifact and practically priceless status symbol. Though before he employed it for the latter purpose, he was convinced that there must be a way to harness its power, whatever it may be. Greed, a lust for power and anticipation led to impatience and paranoia as he was trying to keep it under wraps, slowly neglecting his other properties. Some of his subordinates and advisers likewise saw the sword as an opportunity (either for power or great fortune or both) and started to scheme how to obtain it. Yoran employed harsh, sometimes unnecessary punishment against those he suspected would betray him one way or another and the events started to escalate. Even Raluca's father, his morals dulled by years of working for the crime lord, participated, in a twisted kind of altruism.

Raluca feared that the situation could soon get out of hand, inevitably dragging her whole family into it if Yoran or someone else would retaliate against his rivals in obtaining the sword. Open violence inside the base or some kind of small-scale shadow war/aggressive negotiations (because of Yoran's temper) between crime lords if they heard about the artifact seemed imminent. Also, not everyone in the caravan or who is employed by the crime lord were necessarily persons who deserve it (in her opinion). But most of all, she wanted to get rid of the sword somehow, as it started the dangerous downward spiral towards chaos and as long as it was in the possession of Yoran, it wouldn't stop. So she decided to steal it. Even if that ment leaving her family.

As for the beginning of the game, I would kinda like it if we could skip at least some of the "you're all strangers, I don't trust you any further than how far I can throw you, go away" stage, since I've had a lot of that already over the course of the game. Secondly, we should get the characters together quickly, so we don't spend another year or so bringing the circle together like after Matashi.

I'd be up for a sort of "communal backstory" prologue, though I'm fine with whatever the others want. I am curious how Jian is like now, though, and what has happened throughout and after the fight against the other Abyssals.

Kobold-Bard
2012-08-17, 06:03 PM
Here's Obsidian Wings:

Name: Obsidian Wings
Caste: Lunar - No Moon
Spirit Animal: Raven
Anima: A whorl of feathers; black shadows closer to him from his anima's concealing penumbra, turning to glistening silver further out. When fully totemic it displays as a great bird silhouette, wings raised wide.
Tell: Jet black feathers on his hands.

Motivation:
To prove to the world (and specifically his family & Renea) that non-Dragonblood Exalts (and specifically him) are not the monsters of Immaculate dogma.

Background:
Pre-Exaltation
Tadan Naro was one of the luckiest people alive (relatively at least). Had he been born two generations earlier he would have grown up a wine distiller; not a terrible life, but still the bottom rung of the Isle's citizen class. This was how his grandfather grew up before he joined the Imperial Army and died taking an arrow for Nellens Mikash, the Colonel of his Dragon. The Dragonblood had been badly wounded and the arrow bore a vicious poison that would have finished him off. In gratitude for his actions, the Dynast (whose House is known for it's affinity for mortals) named Naro's family patricians.

Likewise he was lucky because had he been born in his father's generation, he would have been forced to deal with years of adapting to the patrician way of life, and dealing with his new peers who didn't want to see their lot in life diminished even a little.

He however had been born in his generation, after all the quarrels had subdued, and he was free to live the true patrician lifestyle, without a care in the world, knowing (not believing, KNOWING) he was where he belonged and deserved to be. Naro's mother was an un-Exalted Nellens, meaning he was given Imperial schooling in case he might Exalt. And it was in school that his luck showed itself the most, as it was where he met Ledaal Renea, his best friend and eventual first love. The two shared a love of mystic lore and music, as well as a fascination with animals, especially birds, and grew to be inseparable. Naro secretly hoped that she would never Exalt (though he always felt guilty about it, both personally for wishing against his friend, and spiritually for his slight heresy), so that they could be married one day.

But his luck finally ran out, as at age 14 Renea was raised up by the Dragon of Air. She was given personal tutelage, so Naro finished his term of education without her. He himself never Exalted, and so he returned to his comfortable patrician life. When he reached adulthood he considered joining the Immaculate Order as penance for his past heresy, but before he had the chance he was paid a visit by an Exalt, the woman he'd once given the nickname Jade Iris; Ledaal Renea. She had joined the Heptagram and knowing his interest in the magical arts, she requested him as her attendant, an offer he quickly accepted.

Even with her ascension, she was still his friend, though being a Dragonblood's attendant was a world away from the time-killing leisure he had become an expert at up until then. He worked endlessly to ensure his Chosen's needs were met, and in return he witnessed immense acts of Sorcery and was even taught a little Thaumaturgy himself by students looking for a guinea pig.
Exaltation
It was during an student's first Demon Summoning that it happened. All the usual safeguards had been taken, professors & students stood ready and there was even a visiting pair of Immaculate Monks present (the student was a nephew of the Abbot), nothing could have been safer. And it seemed that all was well, the Blood Ape snarled and thrashed when it appeared, but the man enforced his will and broke the monster. Naro applauded with the others and the student bowed low, a bow he would never rise from.

At that moment the beast let out a wall shaking roar and was engulfed in in green flames, and like lightning it caved it's would-be master's head in. Blind panic filled all present, the professor's banishment spells failing like waves against a cliff. The beast lunged at the spectators, and tossed them across the room like paper dolls. Dazed and petrified beyond measure, battered and bloodied, Naro felt the pull of unconsciousness, but fought it, the image of his Jade Iris swirling through his mind and keeping him there.

Despite his wounds (including a shattered arm) he hauled himself up from the stone floor and, determined to not let Renea down, he started to drag a still surviving spectator out of the chamber, to protect even one of them, while the unnaturally powerful (even by Demon standards) monster tore chunks out of the walls and guards. When he turned to see if he could help someone else he saw the beast about to strike again & his instincts kicked into overdrive. He grabbed a deceased guard's firewand and jammed an extra cartridge into the barrel.The explosion was dramatic to say the least and the flaming dust cloud hitting it got the beast's attention, which turned and lunged at Naro as he dived for cover.

It was then that it happened, he heard a distant birdcall unlike any he'd ever heard before. Or rather, like every one he'd ever heard, all blended as one. His vision became blurred with silver light and from behind him a pure white hand reached over his shoulder and wordlessly ran down his broken limb, before interlocking it's fingers with his and squeezing his hand tightly. When it pulled away it left black feathers in it's place, feathers that rapidly spread up his now pain free arm and all over his body. When they reached his face his vision cleared.

Seemingly no time had passed, the rogue Demon coming for him with uncanny speed. But within Naro the panic was gone, replaced by calm. Flapping his "arms"; now fully replaced by a pair of wings, he leapt out from behind the broken bench, over the creature's fist, striking with a taloned foot for good measure as he passed. The Immaculates subdued the Demon with all haste, their Celestial martial arts succeeding where sorcery had failed.

But Naro's troubles weren't over, not by a long shot. The monks turned towards him fists raised and bellowed words like Demon, conspirator, tainted and Anathema at him. Naro tried to quell them, but his looked like a birdman & his voice echoed with an unnatural caw, which only served to agitate the monks. When they moved to attack him, Naro did something incredible and yet somehow perfectly natural, taking fully the form of a raven and evading the monks before flying into the corridor and out a window.

By the time Naro reached his home in the Imperial City, his parents had already received an Infallible Messenger from the Heptagram, and attempted to arrest him. Though it pained him to strike his own family, he subdued them as gently as possible. If the monks words had been true and he was now an anathema, his days on the Blessed Isle were done. Gathering what he could carry (including a substantial amount of Jade from the family vault) Naro once again took bird form and flew East across the inland Sea.
Post-Exaltation
Naro flew for a full night and day before he reached the shores of the Threshold, and once there he nearly crash landed from exhaustion. In an empty field he retook human form, noticing that the feathers remained on his hands no matter what. He traded his tattered formalwear for some servant's clothes he had taken along with the Jade, and headed for a nearby village to get some food and plan his actions.

As he sat at an inn table he pictured his parent's faces, clear as day. They had been afraid of him, but more than that, they had been appalled by him. Him, their own son, now one of the dread Anathema he had only read vague Immaculate accounts of at school. For now his only goal was to get as far away from the Isle as possible, so the next day he began heading East, maybe going to Lookshy since it was the only place he'd heard of in the Threshjpld really.

It was a fortnight before the Pack found him, The Three: Scent of War, Eyes in Shadow and Nightsky. They approached him in Warform, which was oddly comforting to Naro since he liked to wear his own at night (truth be told he had begun enjoying the ever increasing rush of power he felt when he took on it's unnatural form), and it was in that hybrid body that the four spoke. They told him the tales that all new Lunars are told, of their power, patron, his birthright and the dangers of the Wyld, of their past and his future. It was Nightsky who marked him with the molten metal tattoos as the new Lunar recited himself:

Born to fortune and luxury; luck made manifest,
Aspirations of blood given and discarded,
Knower of love, lust and loss; heretic and repentant,
Servant of Sorcerers,
Victim of Evil,
Chosen of Luna; born aloft on Obsidian Wings

It was these final two words he took as his new name, Tadan Naro had died in the Heptagram and been reborn a Steward of Creation. And it seemed that Nightsky saw something in Wing that others had not seen in Naro, because he offered the man tutelage in the ways of Emerald Circle Sorcery, an offer he took as quickly as he had Renea's offer to be near her. So together they journeyed far into the forests of the East, and then into the Wyldlands.

Their destination was a Manse in the Middlemarshes, and on their journey Nightsky put Wing's knowledge of he Trials to the test.

Humility came with time during the pilgrimage. Wing thought on the foolishness of how readily he became intoxicated by the Wyld's pull, and he bore his shame willingly for it's full period before allowing it to fall from his shoulders .

Tutelage came from Nightsky, who educated him on the techniques of extending oneself beyond themselves and exerting their will upon Creation.

The Journey took care of itself. Wing had never seen anything but the Realm, and the wonders of the Threshold; the places, creatures, and even people (who made lives for themselves against all the odds due to lacking the resources and laws of the Realm). The Bordermarshes too showed him another side of the world, a physical representation of himself as a Lunar Exalt.

He had felt fear when facing the Demon and escaped with his life. But this was superficial. The true Fear needed for the trial was that one day he might meet Renea, whom he loved more than anything else, and because of Luna's beneficence find himself her enemy. It was council from Nightsky on the concept of Destiny that allowed Wing to pass this trial; he accepted that if such a meeting was to be then it would be, and all he could do was face it on his own terms, rather than let fear dictate his course.

Sacrifice, the final trial, changed Wing deep within himself. Until that point he had refused to declare the sacred hunt on a human because despite all the power he now had, he was still human, and felt it cruel to hunt them. But while walking he cut himself on a tree with bark like razorblades, and the simple sight of his blood enlightened him to the fact that humans are just another animal, they live, bleed and die just the same. That night he stalked a Haltan through the trees, slew him, and took his Heart's Blood in the light of the moon. To become a Sorcerer, Wing sacrificed his Compassion.

Their destination was an immense conical pyramid of a Manse, which held the knowledge of many spells. Satisfied that Wing, at least for now, had all he needed from him, Nightsky took his leave to regroup with Scent of War & Eyes in Shadow. Alone for the first time since his rebirth, Wing was surprised how unconcerned he was. With a smile on his face, he walked into the shimmering Manse.
Since Then:
Wing spent a full two seasons within the Electrum Archive, studying the tomes within and honing his Sorcerous skills until they were scalpel sharp. He left only to gather food, ingredients, and at each New Moon he went out to seek a new creature and invoked Luna's ancient rite of predation. He was not built for brute strength, so cunning was his way; he stalked his prey, laying traps and using his sorcerous powers to sap their strength and will before striking the fatal blow.

When he left the great pyramid for the final time he was truly the man he was always meant to be, a true Lunar. He then returned to Creation proper in order to begin his true mission. He knew he wasn't a Demon, but he needed to find a way to prove that to the world (and especially those important to him). So he went where there were people, heading for the Hundred Kingdoms. He even took up the role of a mystic merchant, to give himself some Silver to work with, not just Realm Jade. His time in the Manse had greatly improved his skill at mortal magics too, and he could now invoke Small Gods as well as create warding talismans and all manner of alchemical substances; from mystic bandages to Maidens Tea and Will-sapping philtres.

He was carefully skirting Ma-Ha Suchi's borders (the stories he had heard meant he had no interest in risking crossing the powerful Lunar) when he received Nightsky's Infallible Messenger. His mentor said that trouble was brewing around a new Shadowland within Nexus, that The Three had been enlisted by a Lunar they had tattooed named Humble Jian to aid in the coming days, and now he was asking the same of Wing.

Attributes
Primary (Mental): 8
Secondary (Physical): 6
Tertiary (Social): 4
Bonus Point: Charisma

Physical:
Strength ●
Dexterity ●●●●●
Stamina ●●●

Social:
[F] Charisma ●●●●
Manipulation ●
Appearance ●●●

Mental
[C] Perception ●●●
[C] Intelligence ●●●●
[C] Wits ●●●●

Abilities
Total without BP/XP: 25
(+ Specializations)
(4 free specialty dots)

Archery
[F]Martial Arts ●●●●●
+ Natural Weapons ●●
Melee
Thrown
War

Integrity
Performance ●●●
Presence ●●●
+ Intimidation ●
Resistance
[F] Survival ●
+ Tracking ●●

Craft (Water) ●●
Investigate
Lore ●●
Medicine ●
Occult ●●●●●
* + Warding & Exorcism ●●
* + Alchemy ●●
+ Warding Talisman (●), Blessing (●), Curse (●)
+ Beckon Little God (●), Summon Animal (●), A Canticle for Hope (●)

Athletics
Awareness
Dodge
Larceny
Stealth ●

Bureaucracy
Linguistics ●●
* + High Realm (Imperial City Dialect) ●
Ride
Sail
Socialize

Backgrounds, Artefacts and Equipment:
Backgrounds:
Heart's Blood ●●●
Mentor ●●
Resources ●●●
Manse ●●●
Moonsilver Hearthstone Bracers ●●
Moonsilver Reinforced Breatplate (Tattoo Artefact) ●●

Artefact: Luna's Cufflinks Moonsilver Hearthstone Bracers
Important features.
Gem of Sorcery in Hearthstone Setting
+2 Lethal Soak
+3 Dodge

Artefact: Shield of Self Moonsilver Reinforced Breatplate (Tattoo Artefact)
Important features.
No Mobility penalty
Fatigue rating 1 (Sta+Res)

Manse: Celestial Temple Archive

A nine story conical pyramid of white marble, orichalcum & moonsilver, lost within the Crystal Forest of the Eastern Middlemarshes with Creation's contraction since the First Age; complex engravings of silver and gold move wilfully across it's exterior telling the tales of the greatest First Age Sorcerers, with Bridget herself in a huge stained glass window edged in Orichalcum at it's peak.

Within, a circular staircase spirals upwards to the Hearthroom at the peak. Along the stairs are a library of texts on many subjects, which turn to dust and return to their shelf if removed from the manse or abandoned within.

Stone: Gem of Sorcery 1/day, -10m to a spell's cost)

Creation Points: ●●●●● ●

Archive (Lore of: The Wyld; Malfeus; Yu Shan & The Underworld, Summoning, God's Preferred Offerings, Magical Materials, First Age History, Ten Emerald Circle spells ●●●●● ●

Mentor: Nightsky
No Moon caste with a wolf totem.
Knows the Form Fixing Method, as well as both the Emerald & Sapphire circles of Sorcery.
Travels with Scent of War & Eyes in Shadow in search of new Lunars.

Heart's Blood:
Spirit Shape: Raven
Warform: Humanoid, but layered with black feathers from head to waist, his arms completely subsumed in favour of his eponymous wings. His legs remain human and trousered, though his feet become large talons that tear through shoes. His eyes become large, glassy & fully black. He gains a long beak, and cannot help but caw like a raven while speaking; a caw that echoes unnaturally within people's ears.
False Forms:
Bear
Burrowlock
Cat
Coral Snake
Dog

Fish
Forest Baboon
Giant Spider
Gravehound
Hawk

Horse
Human - Male
Human - Female
Leech hound
Mouse

Porcupine
River Dragon
Scorpion
Slitherer
Wolf

Resources: ●●●
Before fleeing the Blessed Isle following his Exaltation, Wing was able to ransack his family's vaults, "stealing" (but not really since it's technically his money) a substantial amount of Jade. This legacy is touched only sparingly however, supplemented by a decent income obtained through Thaumaturgical services such as talisman production, which people all suddenly want when he uses Perfect Fear Scent.
Fine Longbow
- Broadhead Arrows
- Fouling Arrows

Exceptional Short Sword

Misc. Fine Thaumaturgy tools

Several of each Alchemical substance he can make, as well as assorted Talismans.

Charms and Knacks

Dexterity
[Excellencies]
Essence Overwhelming (1m/die added, max. 5)
Instictive Dexterity Unity (2m+, 1WP, 1 secene, 1 free Excellency dice/2m, max. 6m)
[Charms]

Stamina
[Excellencies]
[Charms]
Ox-Body Technique (-2hl x4, Dhl x2)

Charisma
[Excellencies]
Essence Triumphant (2m/success, max. 2)
[Charms]
Perfect Fear Scent (5m, 1 scene, (Cha+Pre or Per)-magnitude vs. MDV, 2WP to resist)
Hard-Nosed Denial Style (4m, Perfect Parry vs. NMI, -2 all further similar NMI for 1 scene)

Intelligence
[Excellencies]
[Charms]
Terrestial Circle Sorcery
[Free] - Emerald Countermagic (10m, negate spells for 1 action / 20m, shatter spell within 150 yards
- Demon of the First Circle (20m, (Ess+WP) opposed rolls, Demon-1 int. pen./+5m, (Wit+Occ) diff. 3 to banish)
- Summon Elemental (10m, (Ess+WP) opposed rolls, Elemental-1 int. pen./+5m, (Wit+Occ) diff. 1 to banish)

Knacks:
- Humble Mouse Shape
- Prey's Skin Disguise
- Hybrid Body Rearrangement
- Deadly Beastman Transformation (+1 all physical stats, Beak - as Talons/Tusks/Horns (+2L) [2], Feathered Form (+1B/+1L Soak) [1], Glider (Fly 15yd, 5yd up, 50yd down) [4])

Combat Stats:
Join Combat: ●●●●

Attacks:
Hands:
Acc: 13 | Damage: 1B (3L with Claws) | Parry DV: 8 | Rate: 3 | Speed: 5

Quills
Acc: 14 | Damage: 2L | Parry DV: 8 | Rate: 3 | Speed: 5 | Range: 15 yrd

Feet:
Acc: 12 | Damage: 4B (5L with Hooves) | Parry DV: 6 | Rate: 2 | Speed: 5

Clinch:
Acc: 12 | Damage: 1B | Parry DV: - | Rate: 3 | Speed: 6

Fine Longbow:
Acc: 8 | Damage: 3B/3L (Fouling/Broadhead) | Parry DV: 3 | Rate: 3 | Speed: 6 | Used mainly for hunting

Exceptional Short Sword:
Acc: 8 | Damage: 5L | Parry DV: 5 | Rate: 3 | Speed: 4 | Used mainly as a tool

Dodge DV: 6

Soak:
12B / 14L / 0A

Hardness:
8B / 8L

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]
-----------------------
D [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Mental Defenses:

Dodge MDV: 8

Charisma Parry MDV:
>Investigation: 2
>Presence: 3
>Performance: 4

Manipulation Parry MDV:
>Investigation: 1
>Presence: 2
>Performance: 2

Virtues (Rating|Channels Remaining):
Compassion ●|1
Conviction ●●●●|4
Temperance ●●|2
Valor ●●|2

Virtue Flaw/Flawed Virtue:
Conviction / Curse of the Hungry Wolverine

Intimacies:
Silver Pact (Loyalty)
Nightsky (Respect)
Ledaal Renea (Love)
His Family (Hope)
Sorcery (Fascination)
The Wyld (Interest)
Immaculate Order (Loathing)
Ma-Ha Suchi (Fear)
Mortals (Utilitarian Indifference)

Languages:
High Realm (Native)
- Imperial City Dialect
Old Realm
Riverspeak

Willpower (Rating|Temp. Remaining): ●●●●● ●●●●●|10

Essence:
Permanent: ●●●
Personal: 19/19 (Attuned: 0)
Peripheral: 36/44 (Attuned: 8)

Bonus Points and XP:
Bonus Points:

1 - Martial Arts Speciality x2
1 - Presence Speciality x1
1 - Survival Speciality x2
2 - Thaumaturgy procedures x6
2 - Moonsilver Hearthstone Bracers
3 - Manse from X to 3
3 - Resources from X to 3
5 - Perfect Fear Scent
5 - Hard-Nosed Denial Style
5 - Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
5 - Demon Of The First Circle
5 - Willpower from 5 to 10
10 - Essence from 2 to 3

Total: 48/48 | Flaws:

Bonus Points Spent: 30 | Left: 0 | Total: 30

Repost of question from the thread: Can I start with a Demons pre-summoned? Specifically a Stomach Bottle Bug & a Peronelle?

And yeah, I'm on my way to Nexus to meet up with Nightsky, my "Mentor" and the guy who tattooed Jian, so I'm easy to get introduced to the others.

Kyeudo
2012-08-17, 06:28 PM
Repost of question from the thread: Can I start with a Demons pre-summoned? Specifically a Stomach Bottle Bug & a Peronelle?

Given that it is well within your character's capabilities, sure.

industrious
2012-08-17, 10:34 PM
Seems like my Sidereal is the weak link in this, as far as getting the Party together.

General Information
Name: Annualar Arrangement
Exalt Type and Caste: Sidereal Chosen of Endings
Anima: A dim violet glow, slightly seperate shades slowly swirling clockwise.
Anima Power: The Lesser Sign of Saturn adds 3 to the raw damage of all allies within 30 yards.

Motivation: Maintain the cycle of life, death, and rebirth.

Faction: Gold-Leaning Indpendent

Background:

I was twelve when I saw the face of the future. This was not the time that I came into my destiny. This was the time when I first glimpsed it.

Nexus is a city where the poor have to rebuild their homes every flood and in doing so.
By doing so, they remain fixed in poverty, spending time and money (if they have any) into rebuilding what they had rather than struggling for something new.
I was one of the lucky ones. I didn't have a home that needed rebuilding. I lived on the streets of Nexus, running from alley to marketplace back to the dung-filled streets I slept in.
I stole from merchants to buy food from other merchants, and kept to myself whenever anyone important came along. When priests of this faith or that tried to preach to us, we listened patiently if they had food and threw rocks if they didn't.

But that day was different. A few weeks previous, one of the people existing in our little part of Nexus, one of great ideas but little learning had had an idea.
Rather than frantically gather the assorted materials after the flood, they would do so before...and within our community, make a little dam, a little wall around which we would be safe and dry. That day, the sun-baked clay-mud, really-stood perhaps three feet high.

I saw him out of the corner of my eye, a faint blur that one could easily think mere heat haze, common enough during Resplendant Fire. The inspirerer of our little project was working with everyone else, back and clothes and face and arms caked in mud, slapping fistfuls of the stuff onto the wall.
I saw the blur move slightly, and the man began to choke, began to turn blue. Some people tried to help him, pounding his chest to try to get him to breathe. Others tried to run as if he were infected. Still others continued to work, believing the project more important than its progenitor. Me? I simply stared at the retreating blur of heat haze, and got the uncanny impression that it was looking back.

The next time the rivers of Nexus flooded, the wall was six feet high after nearly three months of work. It broke anyway.

Three years later, I was too busy dying to fight for my life.

I looked too old now to be a child thief, too old to be dismissed as unsuspicious. So I changed from thief to burglar. Years spent in poverty had given me rage enough against the wealthy. It had festered, burning slowly and deliberately. In my mind, I would be the hero. With the untold riches I would liberate (60 dinars, I thought), I would rebuild the wall, share it among those who I knew and trusted on the streets. I would be the savior of the slums of Nexus. It was easy enough, then, to try to steal from them.
It was harder to actually do it.

A guard had seen me stalking around the Guild factor's compound, trying to get a feel for the place. He told me to leave. I refused.
His callously contemptuous reply enraged me-it isn't important what he said. What was important was how my response-I charged him, fists raised, and a crude cry on my lips.

He floored me with a single blow, and drew his club. The first hit with it broke my right arm. The second hit caught me in the ribs, and I lay there, ribs crushed and gasping for air, dying without air. In what I was sure were my last moments, I wondered if I was turning blue, just like the genius of the slums. Killed for trying to live about his station. Just like him...

As it soon turned out, I was turning violet. The guard stepped back in shock, instinctively trying to call for reinforcements. Instinct came for me as well, then, and I ran for it, knowing that he'd find me, that the rich would always find people, and that I needed to hide.

It took Them less than an hour to find me. Well, "Us" now.

Yu-Shan wasn't anything like I expected.

It was better.

My new sponsors had grumbled about things like "unexpected death" and "tragic loss" and "remidial training." I didn't have any idea what they meant. Until they taught me, of course.

Preperation for the entrance exams for the Bureau of Destiny was intense. And I, who had never had anything resembling an education, was thus ill-prepared for said preparation. But even still, I soared through the preparation and the practice and the tests at the end of it. Not because I was particularly intelligent, but because I was especially determined. The slums of Yu-Shan made the heights of Nexus seem tawdy, and I was not housed in a bad area of Yu-Shan. I would have done anything to remain in this wonderous place. All I had to do was study.

So I did.

It was here, in Heaven that I first learnt about the gods, about the soul, about nearly everything not related to one's immediate survival. The idea of the two-fold soul, with the third part crafted for Exaltation fascinated me. One died with the body, one renewed itself with another life, and the last...

My prior incarnation in the Bureau was an assassin, who stopped those fated to cause terrible and unnecessary events from happening. And when I saw his personal effects, and learnt, eventually, what they were capable of, I knew who he was.
The wall would have grown higher if the man had lived, and the Emissary would have deemed the obstruction of the roadway obstruction of trade. By doing what he did, he had saved everyone in that slum. When I was an established figure in the Bureau, I requested that exact same suit of armor.

Everything comes in cycles. There are no coincidences.

Attributes

Physical:
Strength ●●●
Dexterity ●●●●●
Stamina ●●●

Social:
Charisma ●●
Manipulation ●●
Appearance ●●●

Mental
Perception ●●●●
Intelligence ●●
Wits ●●●

Abilities (Specializations +)

Journeys
Resistance: ●●●
Ride:
Sail:
Survival:
Thrown:

Serenity
Craft:
Dodge: ●●
Linguistics: ●●●
Performance:
Socialize: ●

Battles
Archery: ●●●(+2 Gaunlets of Distant Claws)
Athletics:●●●
Melee:
Presence:
War:

Secrets
Investigation: ●(+2 Searching for Evidence)
Larceny: ●●●
Lore: ●●●
Occult: ●●
Stealth: ●●●● (+1 In Darkness, +1 In Cities)

Endings
Awareness: ●●●●
Bureaucracy: ●●●
Integrity: ●●●
Martial Arts: ●●●●● (+2 Throne Shadow)
Medicine: ●

Backgrounds, Artifacts and Equipment:

Artifacts and Equipment:
Artifact 3: Gauntlets of Distant Claws, Inevitability
Artifact 5: Armor of the Unseen Assassin, Cyclic Pattern
Artifact 1: Hearthstone Amulet

Manse: 1 Iron Dojo
Stone: Memorial Stone (Hearthstone Amulet), Hearthstone Amulet
Creation Points: 2+1(Habitability 1)
Archive((Martial Arts(Unarmed)), Magical Conveniences (Training Room)

Living on the streets of Nexus has kept Annular Arrangement wary of luxury and comfort.
Therefore, even though his (small) salary would still furnish an apartment infinitely better than his former lodgings,
Annular resides in the Iron Dojo, a small, one room manse, the floor his bed and what he brings home his kitchen. For obvious reasons,
he doesn't entertain much.

Backing: 2 (Convention on Deathlords)
Connections: 2 (Nexus)
Connections: 1 (Gold Faction)

Annular Arrangement is nominally an independent. With that in mind, his belief in cycles has caused him to question whether the time has come for the Solar Exalted to rise once more. Yet while he is receptive to the Gold Faction agents that have approached him, he is not formally part of the Faction, as he has never actually met a Lawgiver, and would prefer to judge them for himself.

Salary: 1
Annular nominally has Salary 2 due to his position in the Bureau of Endings and consistent track record. However, the largest part of his salary is donated to a children's charity in Nexus he founded and is a silent partner in. This same silent partner has also contributed some money towards public works, including a small wall shielding one of Nexus's worst slums from flooding.

Savant: 1
Sifu: 2
Annular's Sifu is his prior incarnation's former student, Ten-Thousand Shrikes Against the Morning, a Chosen of Journeys; Annular actively sought training from him, in keeping with his fervant belief on the nature of cycles. He knows the Throne Shadow, and Crystal Chameleon styles, as well as Charcoal March of Spiders.

Charms

Awareness
Prior Warning
Expected Pain

Stealth
Fateful Stealth Excellency - Essence Auspicious

Investigation
Efficient Secretary Technique

Martial Arts
Fateful Martial Arts Excellency - Essence Auspicious
Throne Shadow Style
Lotus Eye Tactics
Lion Mouse Stratagem
Sifu's Useful Fingers
Throne Shadow Form
Shadow Lost in the Court
Pneuma-Sealing Strike
Unobstructed Blow
Deadliest of All Weapons

Combat Stats:
Join Combat: 6

Attacks:Hands:
Acc: 13 | Damage: 5B | Parry DV: 7 | Rate: 3

Feet:
Acc: 12 | Damage: 8B | Parry DV: 5 | Rate: 2

Starmetal Gauntlets of Distant Claws(Inevitability)
Accuracy: 17 | Damage 15L/2 |Parry DV 7 | Rate 3 | Attune 6 | M
Accuracy: 13 | Damage 10L | Rate 1 | Range 15 | P

Clinch:
Acc: 12 | Damage: 5B | Parry DV: - | Rate: 3

Dodge DV: 4

Permanent Charms (Effects)

Soak:
Bashing: 15B
Lethal: 10L
Aggravated: 8A

Hardness:
Bashing: 4B
Lethal: 4L
Aggravated: 4A

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
Dodge MDV: 8

Virtues:
Compassion ●●●●
Conviction ●●●
Temperance ●●●●
Valor ●●

Intimacies:
Wealth(Distrust), Cyclical Patterns(Everywhere), Cyclic Patterns(Symbolic of His Own Cycle), The Poor(Sympathy).

Languages:
Riverspeak (Native)
Old Realm
Guild Cant
Low Realm

Willpower: 10/10

Essence:
Permanent: ●●●
Personal: 16/16
Peripheral: 22/41 (-10 Armor, -6 Gauntlets, -3 Lion Mouse Stratagem)
Bonus Points and XP:
Bonus Points:
-10 Essence
-4 Virtues
-2 Investigation Specialties
-1 Archery Specialties
-10 Artifact
-2 Martial Arts
-3 Medicine
-5 Efficient Secretary Technique
-4 Resistance
-5 Optimistic Security Practice
-1 Awareness
-1 Stealth

Tavar
2012-08-17, 10:40 PM
Oversight/the like can always handle that.

Cespenar
2012-08-18, 02:59 AM
Hi everyone! Glad to see this finally off the ground.

Leshpa Arda
Name: Leshpa Arda
Concept: Immaculate Martial Artist
Motivation: Help others along the path to enlightenment

Background:
Born a son to a couple of helots in Lookshy, Arda never came to truly know his parents as he lost them to a disease when he was a mere six years old. In desperation he turned to stealing food, and for a good while he didn't get caught - for he was agile and quick to his feet, an incredible asset to thieves guilds everywhere if they'd get their hands on him. But instead, it was a passing Outcaste that finally got him. The boy intrigued the Dragon-blooded, who perhaps saw something in him that set him aside from common folk, and he took the child with him.

The Outcaste was a monk preaching the Immaculate philosophy, even if he didn't belong to the Order itself. He taught it to Arda as well, and the couple started to wander around the Scavenger Lands, stopping by every town and hamlet and city and teaching the philosophy to anyone who would listen. Sometimes the people gave them food in return, and sometimes they had to work for it as well. They even helped the townsfolk with their more physical troubles on occasion, like bandits and raiders, and it was in such a time that Arda realized his master being an extremely skilled martial artist. But when he asked him to teach it, the Dragon-blooded laughed gently. The style he used wasn't for one such as him, he said.

Arda didn't drop the subject that easily, though. He was still a teenager back then, and headstrong to boot. He began imitating his master's morning kata, and sat down to meditate with him each time. At first, it was a thing of spite - a way to wear on the monk's nerves and persuade him to teach the style. But as the Dragon-blooded ignored this childish attempt, and as Arda refused to stop, the habit began to change, and gradually became something real. The kata gave him discipline and agility, while the constant meditations expanded his mind and trained it. Before he knew, the basics of the Five Dragon Style was ingrained in him, even if he couldn't employ its true potential.

As time passed, the duo visited new lands, met new people and encountered new foes. But Arda wasn't a liability anymore, both physically and mentally. And one day, in such a confrontation, he realized that he could channel the needed essence to finally realize the Style and perform it at its fullest. It wasn't a glorious moment, a dawn of a new day, or any such feelings the Exalted experience when they awaken. It was just a sum of gradual work - a consequence.

Even so, it changed his life. Far from simply taking care of himself, Arda began to cover his master's back as well, and the latter grew more and more dependent on him. But time didn't travel the same for the master and the student. While the Dragon-blooded looked like a man on his prime, Arda had already begun descending the slope down from middle age. And he couldn't wander the lands until the day he died, or so he thought back then. Matashi was right around the corner when he gave that decision.

As abruptly as it had formed, the duo was broken. Arda bid his master goodbye, and tried his hand at a stable life. Ten years have passed since then. A period that would hurt and cripple a normal man, but Arda was a small step further than that. And with the recent occurrings, the Scavenger Lands seemed like it would need help, even if it came from a balding old geezer.

Essence
Essence Score: 2 (Enlightened)
Personal Essence: 20/20
Peripheral Essence: -

Health Levels
-0: [ ]
-1: [ ][ ]
-2: [ ][ ]
-4: [ ]
Incapacitated: [ ]

Combat Stats
Join Battle: 5
Dodge Value: 5
Parry Value: 7 (8 with Five-Dragon Blocking active)
Soak: 0L/3B
Spear: Speed 5, Accuracy 14, Damage 6L (9L charging), Rate 2, Reach
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy 10, Damage 2B, Rate 3
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 9, Damage 5B, Rate 2
Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 9, Damage 2B, Rate 1, Piercing

Attributes
Strength 2
Dexterity 4
Stamina 3
Charisma 2
Manipulation 2
Appearance 2
Intelligence 2
Perception 3
Wits 2

Abilities
Favored Ability: Martial Arts
Profession: Monk (+1 Resistance, Integrity, Lore)

Martial Arts 5 (spear +3)
Dodge 4
Integrity 3
Resistance 3
Survival 1
Lore 3
Occult 2
Athletics 4
Awareness 3
Linguistics 3 (Languages: Riverspeak, High Realm, Forestongue, Old Realm)
Craft (Water) 1 Specialties: Cooking +1

Backgrounds
Resources 1
Mentor 2
Contacts 1
Backing (Immaculate Order) 1

Virtues
Valor 2
Temperance 5
Compassion 3
Conviction 2

Willpower: 9/9

Intimacies:
Matashi
His Master
Anathema (mild distrust)

Charms
Five-Dragon Claw
Five-Dragon-Force Blow
Five-Dragon Fortitude
Five-Dragon Blocking Technique
Five-Dragon Form

Gear
Fine Spear (Speed 5, Accuracy +2, Damage +4L (+7L charging), Defense +2, Rate 2, Reach)

Bonus points:

Five Charms: 30bp
Essence 2: 10bp
Three dots in Virtues: 3bp
Four dots in Martial Arts: 4bp
Four dots in Willpower: 4bp
0/51

As with the starting issue, I'm with Ridai's suggestion, namely this:

As for the beginning of the game, I would kinda like it if we could skip at least some of the "you're all strangers, I don't trust you any further than how far I can throw you, go away" stage, since I've had a lot of that already over the course of the game. Secondly, we should get the characters together quickly, so we don't spend another year or so bringing the circle together like after Matashi.

I'd be up for a sort of "communal backstory" prologue, though I'm fine with whatever the others want. I am curious how Jian is like now, though, and what has happened throughout and after the fight against the other Abyssals.

The_Snark
2012-08-18, 03:59 AM
Seems like my Sidereal is the weak link in this, as far as getting the Party together.

Well - we have a Chosen of Journeys who's already acquainted with Jian and Raluca, yes? (I think that player is returning, anyway.) If we don't want to go with something more dramatic, maybe you're acquainted, or she called in a favor you owed her, or something.

Ridai
2012-08-18, 04:28 AM
Yeah, Blue Guard will return. He hasn't been online for two days, though. Sent him a PM with the link to the thread, just in case.

Kobold-Bard
2012-08-18, 05:39 AM
Given that it is well within your character's capabilities, sure.

Cool.

Question then about the Peronelle: do it's translation skills have to involve an obviously monstrous additional mouth on the side of my face or something? Or can it just be Star Trek translator type deal, where it just automatically translates for me into the appropriate language?

Because if it's the latter then Wing would have no reason to actually learn Riverspeak (and the couple of extra dots would be of more use elsewhere).

Kyeudo
2012-08-18, 12:10 PM
Question then about the Peronelle: do it's translation skills have to involve an obviously monstrous additional mouth on the side of my face or something? Or can it just be Star Trek translator type deal, where it just automatically translates for me into the appropriate language?

Perroneles have no way to magically speak to you, so they will need to manifest a mouth to talk.

Kobold-Bard
2012-08-18, 12:16 PM
Perroneles have no way to magically speak to you, so they will need to manifest a mouth to talk.

Guess I'll leave the dots where they are then.

The Blue Guard
2012-08-18, 06:26 PM
I am here! I had a busy few days with some family trouble. Nothing major but it had my rapt attention. I was also wondering if (when you get your hands on Shards) we could use the simpler version of Sidereal astrology contained therein.

And here's Yan-aye-ah!

Jania the Seer of Heaven
Exalt Type: Sidereal
Concept: Heaven's Outlaw Messenger
Caste: Journeys
Allegiance: Independent

Motivation: Rise in the bureaucracy of Yu-Shan.

Anima: A harsh, glaring yellow.

AttributesPhysical
Strength ●●
Dexterity ●●●
Stamina ●●

Social
Charisma ●●●
Manipulation ●●●●
Appearance ●●●●

Mental
Perception ●●●
Intelligence ●●●
Wits ●●●
AbilitiesAuspicious
Resistance ●●●
Ride
Sail ●●●
Survival ●●
Thrown

Favoured
Awareness ●●●
Integrity ●●●
Performance ●●●●
Presence ●● (Persuasion) ●●

Other
Archery
Athletics ●●
Bureaucracy ●●
Craft
Dodge ●●●
Investigation ●
Larceny
Linguistic ●●● (Native: Forest-tongue; Others: Old Realm, Riverspeak, Skytongue)
Lore ●●●
Martial Arts ●●● (Throne Shadow Style) ●
Medicine
Melee ●
Occult ●●
Socialize ●
Stealth ●
War
Backgrounds, Colleges and Artefacts & EquipmentBackgrounds
Ally ●● (Elder Dragon King)
Artefact ●
Backing ● (Golden Barque)
Celestial Manse ●
Connections ● (Bureau of Destiny)
Connections ● (Scavenger Lands)
Reputation ●●
Salary ●●
Savant ●
Sifu ●●

Colleges
The Gull ●●●●
The Musician ●●●

Artefacts, Equipment and Hearthstones
Starmetal Hearthstone Amulet ● [1m] [Attuned; Peripheral]
Ever-Open Eye ● [Attuned]

Charms and SorceryCharms
[I]Resistance
Optimistic Security Practice

Sail
Serendipitous Voyage

Dodge
Second Dodge Excellency
Absence
Dodge Fate

Linguistics
Favourable Inflection Procedure

Performance
First Performance Excellency
Fateful Performance Excellency
Heart-Brightening Presentation Style
Perfection in Life

Presence
Second Presence Excellency

Investigation
Efficient Secretary Technique

Lore
Methodology of Secrets

Awareness
Prior Warning
Expected Pain

Martial Arts
Sifu's Useful Fingers
Combat StatisticsJoin Battle/Debate: 6

Attacks
Clinch: Spd 6, Acc 6, Dmg 2B, Dfn 6, Rt 1, Tgs C, N
Kick: Spd 5, Acc 6, Dmg 5B, Dfn 4, Rt 2, Tgs N
Punch: Spd 5, Acc 7, Dmg 2B, Dfn 8, Rt 3, Tgs N

Defences
Dodge DV: 9
Parry DV;
Martial Arts: 6
Melee: 4
Dodge MDV: 13
Parry MDV;
Investigation: 4/5
Performance: 7/8
Presence: 5/6

Soak: 1L/2B (Optimistic Security Practice: +6A/6L/6B)

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated
Dying x2

Willpower: 9/9

Virtues
Compassion ●●
Conviction ●●●●
Temperance ●●
Valour ●●

Intimacies
Solar Exalted (Caution) ●●●●
Elder Sidereal Exalted (Exasperation) ●●●●
Unrepentant Jade (Dutiful Respect) ●●●●
Exalted Horticulture Society (Unrestrained Hope) ●●●●
Issen (Friendship) ●●●●
Raluca (Cautious Friendship) ●

Essence
Personal: 15/15 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 35/37 (2 Committed)
Committed: Starmetal Hearthstone Amulet [1m], Sifu's Useful Fingers [1m]
Permanent: 3
Bonus and Bonus Points
Bonus Points (0/18)
-1: Resistance 2 to 3
-1: Awareness 2 to 3
-1: Integrity 2 to 3
-2: Investigation 1
-3: Willpower 5 to 8
-5: Optimistic Security Practice
-5: Expected Pain

Bonus Points (0/30)
-2: Performance 2 to 4
-1: Linguistics 2 to 3
-10: Essence 2 to 3
-5: Fateful Performance Excellency
-2: Martial Arts 2 to 3
-7: Sifu's Useful Fingers
-1: Willpower 8 to 9
-1: Conviction 3 to 4

Mountains
"Even the grandest mountains crumble."

Jania grew up in the mountains with her parents where she learned of this small anecdote, but like all children she spent most of her days blissfully unaware of such omens playing childhood games. Her favorite was always hide-and-seek. Finding the smallest nooks and crannies in the darkest of corners always excited the young girl as waves of fear and anticipation welled up inside her while she waited for her father or mother to find her. Because of her skinny and small body, she could manage her way into those spaces most people would glance over: in the corner of a cabinet behind the cookware, inside an already filled bushel, or in an animal's pen meant for a pet or other domesticated animal.

Years came and pass with Jania slowly growing out of her hiding spaces until she could only muster hiding in a closet amongst the hung up coats and blankets. It was in this very closet where Jania hid herself as roaming bandits raided her village and broke into her house. Behind closed doors she could hear the feeble attempts of her father to spare his family. She also heard a wet gurgle and her mother's horrified shriek, which, likewise, was cut short. As Fate would have it, the young girl went on unnoticed even after the raiders' haphazard search of the room. She left that closet knowing she was an orphan and what sort of rewards you gain for being weak.

In the aftermath of the raids, the village was left torn up with only the stubborn, elderly, and orphans left behind. Jania survived by mostly taking advantage of those weaker than herself. After all, it was always better to be the one who takes instead of the one is taken from.

Once an adult, Jania took to the roads either due to her sudden offset of wanderlust or the depleted resources of a village that could never bounce back up. It was on the road that Jania felt a sudden and ineffable change come to her. With her newfound strength and coordination, the latest Celestial Exalt began to exact petty revenge on any and all bandits she found on her travels. Committing such vengeful acts made Jania look more like a bandit herself, but such ironies fell upon deaf ears as she continued to survive out in the wilderness.

Because of her miniscule acts against nameless bandits, Jania unconsciously found a way to duck under Fate's omniscient eye and hide from the many searches Heaven conducted the newly exalted. Only after a few years when Jania stumbled upon the very same raiders that stormed her village and neatly take care of them did Fate notice a particular knot in the fabric of Creation resolve itself. Soon, Yu-Shan found its Sidereal.

In Heaven Jania's exploits proceeded her and the title of "Bandit" welcomed her with open arms. Unwilling to sit back and be discouraged by such small slights, Jania took to her name with pride and gave the denizens of Yu-Shan hell. Every request was replied with a disregard to protocol with the Bandit favoring the quick and dirty over the clean and organized. Indeed, many trainers and instructors grew irritated by such individualistic streaks and threw their hands up in disgust. Only Unrepentant Jade's equally stubborn attitude towards breaking in all trainees seemed to compliment Jania's own attitude.

While Jania lived an entire life of doing whatever she could to survive after the death of her family, Unrepentant Jade spent centuries disciplining and refining his tutelage. His sometimes-difficult-ofttimes-draconic vigilance eroded the Bandit's harden exterior until pieces of her own stubbornness began to sink away. After some time, Jade managed to redirect Jania's self-preservation into a self-improvement. Slowly but surely, Jania began to feel at home in Heaven and dedicated herself to advancing through Heaven's bureaucracy—even if such feelings weren't truly authentic in their origins.

At her master's suggestion, Jania joined the Convention of Wood where she met other young Sidereals who shared her dislike of the factional divide that their elders maintained (in an ironic twist she and this group created the Exalted Horticulture Society, which is day after day beginning to resemble a Sidereal faction though they haven't realized this yet). If there was anything that did not stem from her master's mind, it was a slow-developing friendship with a recently awoken Dragon King, Issen, who was a friend of Jania's predecessor during the Low First Age. Unwilling to completely submit to Jade's complete diligence in her training, Jania saw this budding relationship as a means of retaining her individualism even though Issen felt this may be a rare chance to make amends and rekindle the one familiar feeling she carried with her upon he awakening.

Even though the youthful girl had grown up to be a seemingly competent Sidereal, Jania continues her existence in Yu-Shan hoping to maintain her selfhood while rising herself through Heaven's hierarchy, an accomplishment not of her own. As she fights, she inevitably will disprove or prove the saying that "even the grandest mountains crumble."

industrious
2012-08-18, 06:34 PM
Sorry. I just realized that I gave my character only 28 bonus points instead of 48. Mind if I quickly add 20bp?

Kyeudo
2012-08-19, 12:36 AM
Sorry. I just realized that I gave my character only 28 bonus points instead of 48. Mind if I quickly add 20bp?

You might want to do that.

industrious
2012-08-19, 10:20 AM
Done. Thanks.

The Blue Guard
2012-08-23, 09:38 AM
Blue Guard: Is not sure why everything has stalled.

Jania and Raluca are together already, Jian is already know to Raluca (so no suspicion from poor ol' Death Essence Red), Jania can vouch for Arrangement when he shows up (probably on a mission, maybe on the same mission Jania was sent on due to her not sending in a report yet), and with calmer heads holding sway the mortal Immaculate would get enough trust to decide that either there exists deeper truths to his faith that accepts the existence of righteous Anathema or learn that the whole thing was something two out of five PCs likely had a hand in propping up.

Edit: Or some combination of the two.

Kobold-Bard
2012-08-23, 10:11 AM
Blue Guard: Is not sure why everything has stalled.

Jania and Raluca are together already, Jian is already know to Raluca (so no suspicion from poor ol' Death Essence Red), Jania can vouch for Arrangement when he shows up (probably on a mission, maybe on the same mission Jania was sent on due to her not sending in a report yet), and with calmer heads holding sway the mortal Immaculate would get enough trust to decide that either there exists deeper truths to his faith that accepts the existence of righteous Anathema or learn that the whole thing was something two out of five PCs likely had a hand in propping up.

Edit: Or some combination of the two.

I assumed we were waiting for Jian's new character sheet.

And as for Arda, hasn't he already fought beside Jian & the Night Caste (who's name I forget)? So he should have no real issue with working with Celestial Exalts by this point.

Tavar
2012-08-23, 11:52 AM
Ah, sorry. Things have stalled because Kyeudo is away at the moment, and I got a bit busy. Should be starting by tomorrow at the latest.

The Blue Guard
2012-08-23, 12:04 PM
Oh? I missed that. Well, it's something to think about at least, so not an entirely wasted thought! :smallbiggrin:

Cespenar
2012-08-23, 03:59 PM
And as for Arda, hasn't he already fought beside Jian & the Night Caste (who's name I forget)? So he should have no real issue with working with Celestial Exalts by this point.

True, but they gained his trust by fighting for his town. He is still of the Philosophy, however liberal his interpretation might be.

Not saying that he can't work with them, just being a bit pedantic, seeing how I tried to analyze, interpret and recreate his character.

Kobold-Bard
2012-08-23, 04:26 PM
True, but they gained his trust by fighting for his town. He is still of the Philosophy, however liberal his interpretation might be.

Not saying that he can't work with them, just being a bit pedantic, seeing how I tried to analyze, interpret and recreate his character.

Fair enough, cool.

Are you planning on him Exalting? If so, into what?

Cespenar
2012-08-24, 12:07 AM
Fair enough, cool.

Are you planning on him Exalting? If so, into what?

I'm thinking Solar. Would be ironic. :smallbiggrin:

Kyeudo
2012-08-24, 12:39 AM
Sorry to disappear on you guys. Family camping trip that I forgot to mention.

The Blue Guard
2012-08-24, 01:05 AM
I'm thinking Solar. Would be ironic. :smallbiggrin:

What would be really ironic is if he Exalted as a Sidereal. A Sidereal who used to be Carjack. :smallbiggrin:

Cespenar
2012-08-24, 01:17 AM
What would be really ironic is if he Exalted as a Sidereal. A Sidereal who used to be Carjack. :smallbiggrin:

Heh. True, but there can be a thing as too much irony.

The Blue Guard
2012-08-24, 05:21 AM
Can't you just cancel out an irony overdose with comedy supplements and herbal puns?

Cespenar
2012-08-24, 05:42 AM
Can't you just cancel out an irony overdose with comedy supplements and herbal puns?

But then you have to balance the slapstick with drawn out emo moments. And I'd rather not enter that road.

The Blue Guard
2012-08-24, 06:44 AM
There's a renegade Abyssal in the group. Their lives are a drawn out emo moment. :smalltongue:

Ridai
2012-08-24, 07:16 AM
Maybe. Though Raluca is more apt at cutting others rather than herself. :smallyuk:

More seriously though, Raluca will be a bit less volatile than she was before. She's been an Abyssal for a few weeks now, so she's starting to settle in. Maybe she also starts to figure out types of exalts, in so far that Wince is definitely different than Jian, both are different than Jania, Dragonblooded are a known quantity and Abyssals are different again, as well as actually being what the Solars slandered as.

Jian will probably still get quite a bit in terms of reactions out of her, though.

The Blue Guard
2012-08-29, 04:49 AM
Blue Guard: Is not sure why everything has stalled again. :smallfrown:

Ridai
2012-08-29, 04:54 AM
No clue, either. Hope this doesn't reach the delays we had before the reboot...

Kyeudo
2012-08-29, 11:38 AM
Sorry, work and other projects have been getting in the way. I sent Tavar some ideas and a half-written first post last night, so it shouldn't be long.

Kyeudo
2012-09-02, 08:13 PM
Appologies for the continuing delay. Tavar and I have 3/4's of the first post ready to roll, we're just hammering out the last detail - why our resident monk is finally coming out of retirement. Once that's done, we'll get that posted and this game can get moving.

Cespenar
2012-09-03, 01:17 AM
Appologies for the continuing delay. Tavar and I have 3/4's of the first post ready to roll, we're just hammering out the last detail - why our resident monk is finally coming out of retirement. Once that's done, we'll get that posted and this game can get moving.

Assuming you mean Arda, I could help if I knew the overall situation, but then again you know him better already, so, never mind.

The Blue Guard
2012-09-07, 12:56 PM
Blue Guard: Just wants to check that all the other players are still keeping an eye on the thread and are still interested.

Kyeudo
2012-09-07, 01:09 PM
Kyeudo: Just wants to announce he finally put up the IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255078).

Sorry that took so long. I've been distracted by getting the typos out of a hundred page document.

Kobold-Bard
2012-09-07, 03:22 PM
Before the game really gets going, I'd like to check if the rebuilt Jian still knows Summon Elemental, because the only reason I don't have it is to avoid doubling up. So if he doesn't, I'll nab it.

Ridai
2012-09-11, 12:01 PM
I feel this is the perfect setup for a hilariously awkward situation should Jian or someone else come by. :smalltongue:

The Blue Guard
2012-09-11, 05:16 PM
Nooooo. My plans have been revealed. :smallamused:

Ridai
2012-09-12, 12:59 AM
Actually, only Snark is missing now, right? :smallconfused:

Does anyone know if anything has come up?

The_Snark
2012-09-12, 05:12 AM
I'm following along. Afraid I'm having some trouble getting into this character, hence the delay.

Ridai
2012-09-12, 05:23 AM
Anything we can do to help? Like set something up (well, technically, there already is a setup, but still) or engage Jian directly? Changes to Jian as a character to make him more to your liking? Lunar bond kicking in?

The Blue Guard
2012-09-12, 04:58 PM
Perhaps a sudden vision? You've got a lot of options when it comes to visions. It doesn't even need to be divine in origin, unless you consider the impressions left by past bearers of his Exaltation to be divine.

Kobold-Bard
2012-09-23, 05:05 AM
Since we're looking to get the gang together as soon as possible, would AA or Arda feel like bumping into Wing after my next post? Just trying to plan ahead.

Also, just to check: does Jian still have Summon Elemental as a spell?

Cespenar
2012-09-24, 02:49 PM
Since we're looking to get the gang together as soon as possible, would AA or Arda feel like bumping into Wing after my next post? Just trying to plan ahead.

I'm fine for Arda bumping into Wing, but do any of them even know each other?

Kobold-Bard
2012-09-24, 03:12 PM
I'm fine for Arda bumping into Wing, but do any of them even know each other?

Technically no. However, Arda has fought Gods and survived, and Wing is carrying around more Demons than he has souls. Between us & our ST-ing team I'm sure we can come up with some sort of coincidence to keep things moving.

Hell coincidence is a Sidereal's bread and butter, if Industrious is still around then their character can play "matchmaker" and we'll write it off as a Space-Ninja fluke.

Cespenar
2012-09-24, 03:24 PM
True enough. I'm game for it, then. Any immediate ideas?

Ridai
2012-09-24, 03:32 PM
Snark? Really don't wanna push you, but I don't want our side of the game to grind to a halt, either. :smallfrown:

Kobold-Bard
2012-09-24, 03:42 PM
True enough. I'm game for it, then. Any immediate ideas?

Well the shortest option is to simply have Wing overhear you asking after Wince & Jian since I know of them. Or maybe one of Nightsky's circle-mates does and informs us so I come to you.

Any objections?

industrious
2012-09-24, 06:11 PM
Technically no. However, Arda has fought Gods and survived, and Wing is carrying around more Demons than he has souls. Between us & our ST-ing team I'm sure we can come up with some sort of coincidence to keep things moving.

Hell coincidence is a Sidereal's bread and butter, if Industrious is still around then their character can play "matchmaker" and we'll write it off as a Space-Ninja fluke.

I'm fine with it.

Sorry about the delay. Moving.

Cespenar
2012-09-24, 11:58 PM
Well the shortest option is to simply have Wing overhear you asking after Wince & Jian since I know of them. Or maybe one of Nightsky's circle-mates does and informs us so I come to you.

Any objections?

That seems quite logical, actually. No objections.

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-01, 12:44 PM
See, this is where I as expecting AA to fate-ninja himself and be in the bar looking just suspicious enough that we'd interact with him.

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-07, 04:48 AM
Okay, Plan B -

Since neither Snark nor industrious posted, I say our ST throws an encounter mine & Cespenar's way (maybe one of the wrong people did in fact hear Arda asking after Exalts), we play out Arda's Exaltation scene and industrious can join in if he wants to.

TBG & Ridai can move on without Jian & either he can catch up after, or Snark can make a new character (since they said they were having trouble getting into Jian).

Sound fair?

Ridai
2012-10-07, 04:56 AM
Seems like it'll need to happen this way. The delay has been going on for far too long at this point, I don't want to see any momentum getting sucked out of this game again, if it manages to pick back up.

The_Snark
2012-10-07, 04:58 AM
At this point, I think it's best if I simply drop out. Turns out that while I liked reading Jian, I'm not terribly interested in writing for him. I hate to flake out and leave you without anyone playing Jian (not to mention leaving Raluca without a PC mate), but it's been weeks and I haven't managed to needle myself into posting yet.

So Ridai and BG should definitely move on. I appreciate the efforts to help by including Jian, but... well. It's just not clicking in my head, and I don't want to drag the pace down more than I already have.

Ridai
2012-10-07, 05:12 AM
Sorry to see you go. I would have loved to play in a game with you again, but I guess it's better this way rather than forcing you to play as someone you don't enjoy writing for.

As for Raluca's lunar mate, I'm not sure to continue with Jian as being the one or not. It would equal to giving an NPC a lot of screentime, I assume, which might be bad for the game. I still really want Raluca to find out about her mate and the long road to redemption, but not if it hurts the game.

...Is it possible or feasible to shift the role of Raluca's mate to someone else? Would anyone even be interested in that?

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-07, 05:26 AM
Sorry to see you go. I would have loved to play in a game with you again, but I guess it's better this way rather than forcing you to play as someone you don't enjoy writing for.

As for Raluca's lunar mate, I'm not sure to continue with Jian as being the one or not. It would equal to giving an NPC a lot of screentime, I assume, which might be bad for the game. I still really want Raluca to find out about her mate and the long road to redemption, but not if it hurts the game.

...Is it possible or feasible to shift the role of Raluca's mate to someone else? Would anyone even be interested in that?

I've got a Lunar with no mate as of yet, if you're interested. I can't afford to shift any dots in Lunar Bond though, so it'd be up to Kyeudo if he's interested in giving them out as an RP bonus reward.

How far had you & Jian's various players gotten into the Bond stuff?

Ridai
2012-10-07, 06:14 AM
I think there hasn't been anything yet. Neither of them are aware of the whole lunar mate concept, we had just discussed that they are mates in the OOC so far.

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-07, 06:26 AM
I think there hasn't been anything yet. Neither of them are aware of the whole lunar mate concept, we had just discussed that they are mates in the OOC so far.

Well that makes it easier then.

What about the whole Solar/Lunar tomb section? I can't really remember but wasn't that aimed at you guys being Bondmates?

Ridai
2012-10-07, 06:48 AM
No, that was aimed at Wince.

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-07, 07:03 AM
No, that was aimed at Wince.

Then yeah, having Red as a Bondmate would be cool.

The Blue Guard
2012-10-11, 11:48 AM
Oh my! :smalltongue:

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-15, 03:12 PM
<snatches 1BP from Kyeudo and caresses it while uttering "Precious">

We made it to a full page, that's better than some games I've been in. Congrats everybody.

Ridai
2012-10-15, 04:01 PM
Lunar bond BP? :9

Glad to see this game moving again. :smallbiggrin:

industrious
2012-10-15, 05:34 PM
Unfortunately, it's been too long for me to get into Annualar's mindset again. Kyeudo, I have the highest respect for your skills, but I'm sorry.

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-20, 02:08 PM
Lunar bond BP? :9

Possibly. I really need to up my Essence so that I can start chowing down on Demons for all the delicious Mutation options they open up.

Since Snark has backed out, I'm trading one of my charms for Summon Elemental, as I previously said I would if Jian no longer had it.

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-25, 01:17 PM
Yes, pretty much.

Just to check: are the STing team enforcing the Abscissic Binding rules?

Ridai
2012-10-25, 03:06 PM
Doesn't have anything to do with me, but: the what?

Tavar
2012-10-25, 03:09 PM
Umm...maybe I missed something, but do you guys have a boat? Especially one big enough to carry you+all your men? I thought this was on foot.

As for the template, they're a nifty little subsystem. Do you lack the book with their details?

For those who don't know, Abscissic Binding rules are how one goes about doing the year and a day bindings, and forces the demon into certain personalities.

Ridai
2012-10-25, 03:13 PM
I... honestly didn't assume the men were all coming. The boat was only made for a few people. Did we even own the boat?

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-25, 03:43 PM

As for the template, they're a nifty little subsystem. Do you lack the book with their details?

For those who don't know, Abscissic Binding rules are how one goes about doing the year and a day bindings, and forces the demon into certain personalities.

No I have the book, I just was planning to do a fair bit of summoning (since Wing himself is pretty thin on the combat/social/mass-combat fronts, so I was going to be using minions), so another way for them to get loose and kill me is just something I should probably consider before doing it.

It'd be less of an issue if I could build mechanically sound characters, but I just can't seem to. It'd be easier if I didn't dislike Solars so much, you can't really mess them up.

Tavar
2012-10-25, 04:30 PM
The Templates actually offer quite a bit of leeway against that, so you should be fine.

Kyeudo
2012-10-25, 10:44 PM
I... honestly didn't assume the men were all coming. The boat was only made for a few people. Did we even own the boat?

Last I knew, the boat dropped you off and was on its way upriver. It wasn't waiting for you to come back.

The Blue Guard
2012-10-26, 09:23 AM
Okay-doke. In that case I can use Serendipitous Voyage to find one that's going in the direction we're going within the day, but maybe deal with the strange guys coming first, ja?

Semi-Edit: Forgot to roll my Awareness roll I'm getting from Prior Warning. Perception, yes?

Perceptions + Awareness: [roll0]

Real Edit: Wooo! Five.

Kobold-Bard
2012-10-30, 01:50 PM
When I originally suggested that I thought Infallible Messenger allowed a reply, which it doesn't. However since Jian isn't a PC anymore, would it hurt for him to know the spell to so that he can reply and I look like less of a jackass?

Tavar
2012-10-30, 07:58 PM
The Blue Guard: Success. I'll let you know when the roll in question comes up.

With that out of the way, are either of you going to take any actions?

Ridai
2012-10-31, 01:35 AM
I'm still waiting for BGs answer IC.

Cespenar
2012-10-31, 02:15 AM
Okay, I'm sure I totally nailed Arda now that I look at Kobold-Bard's latest IC post. :smalltongue:

The Blue Guard
2012-10-31, 08:16 AM
And I'm (Jania is) using Efficient Secretary Technique to have a peek at the divine records of 'What The Hell Is This Thing'. :smalltongue: The specific question is, "What are those plants growing on those people and animals?"

Kobold-Bard
2012-11-02, 01:16 PM
When I originally suggested that I thought Infallible Messenger allowed a reply, which it doesn't. However since Jian isn't a PC anymore, would it hurt for him to know the spell to so that he can reply and I look like less of a jackass?

I'll move on once I get an actual answer to this.

Cespenar: When are you planning on having Arda Exalt, before or after Ridai & TBG return?

Cespenar
2012-11-02, 03:40 PM
When it makes sense, I guess. I don't know, the next time we face an Abyssal, perhaps?

Tavar
2012-11-02, 11:19 PM
Jania:

You are a bit too far away to tell much about them. There are easily 5-6 things that could fit this, from festival decorations to parasites, and another 20 or so that would be odd or out of place, but could still work. Getting close enough to actually see what these plants and vines are, and how connected they are to the people.

Pointing out, again, you guys are a good miles or so away, so it's a bit difficult to get precise information.

Kobold-Bard, I don't have a real problem with that. Kyeudo?

Kyeudo
2012-11-04, 02:39 PM
No problem here. I've been a little busier than normal this week, so sorry for no replies from me.

The Blue Guard
2012-11-08, 04:20 PM
It's NaNoWriMo. Frankly I'd be worried if there was a post up this month.

Well, no, I'd be relieved to see somebody else has the same awful self-discipline (sans the use of incentives like cake and not-pain).

Edit: Right now I'm still in the "If I haven't started it I wont have failed when the twenty-fifth comes around" stage.

Kobold-Bard
2012-11-18, 08:43 AM
Sorry, I forgot I was supposed to post.

Do I remember something about their being Warstriders in that Solar Tomb you guys went through? Specifically a Moonsilver one.....

Kyeudo
2012-11-18, 11:22 PM
There were two heavily damaged Royal Warstriders in the tomb. One was Orichalcum, the other Moonsilver.

The Blue Guard
2012-11-27, 12:27 AM
Aren't we on the road to the city? As in, the city we were going to find a boat in?

Kyeudo
2012-11-27, 12:38 AM
Yes. I think Ridai just got confused by the mention of a dock at the town ahead.

Is anyone waiting on input from Wince or Alanadel? I'm not used to needing to cover their responses.

Tavar
2012-11-27, 02:21 AM
The odd thing, from my perspective, is that we already covered that there is no boat!

The Blue Guard
2012-11-27, 04:16 AM
Causality rarely survives contact with Sidereals.

Edit: To clarify, Jania meant back to the city. Not the future.

Ridai
2012-11-27, 10:15 AM
Blah, got confused again.

...was the first "on the road" update seriously a month ago?

The Blue Guard
2012-11-29, 05:05 AM
Oh! Ridai, I forgot to include it before, but I wanted Red and Jania to get five minutes to get the MA Charm Sifu's Useful Fingers up and going.

The Sidereal may enlighten an individual with five minutes of one-on-one advice and simple-but-profound martial demonstrations. The beneficiaries of such instruction temporarily enjoy one bonus dot of Martial Arts and add the Sidereal’s Martial Arts rating to their Dodge MDV so long as the Vizier commits Essence to this Charm. She may sustain a commitment to up to (Essence x 2) beneficiaries at once. Sidereals know such beneficiaries as shadow fingers.

If the character is a Sidereal Exalt, she automatically becomes aware when one of her shadow fingers is attacked, regardless of the distance separating them.

It's Indefinite so as long as I maintain the commitment you get a plus-one boost to your Martial Arts and a plus-three to your Dodge MDV. Plus, Jania can tell if Red's under attack.

Kyeudo
2012-12-01, 12:49 AM
Sorry to have taken so long to post that respone. Things have been busy the past few weeks. Assasin's Creed, Halo 4, Black Friday at Walmart, a new job as a programmer . . . time to think has been scarce.

The Blue Guard
2012-12-02, 04:08 PM
I do not approve unless you are designing our new metal overlords perfect machine minds!

Tavar
2012-12-08, 03:15 AM
You're moving forward, right? Are you taking everyone else?

Prior Warning, though not at mysterious because it's a pain, and also late because I can't actually see the future:

Vines burrowing into skin like dirt, Thorns fired like arrows, and a bear that is not a bear.

Ridai
2012-12-10, 03:44 PM
Well, I'm assuming that everyone is going. Kinda waiting on BG again.

The Blue Guard
2012-12-10, 04:28 PM
I thought mine (and Jania's) intentions were fairly clear: we want to go back - with the riders - to the city that they - the riders - had just rode from to find help. I thought that had been communicated and assumed no further input from me was needed despite the short interlude between Jania, Red and an MA Charm.

Tavar
2012-12-10, 04:39 PM
The Rider's aren't going to follow you: they have another purpose. Also, are you taking the troops you have? As well as the Exalted NPC's with your group?

The Blue Guard
2012-12-15, 07:08 PM
The Marukani? I didn't know they had come with us. How many are they?

Kyeudo
2012-12-15, 09:22 PM
Less than a hundred. You lost some in that dust-up with Dust and Echos and Blood Stains the Stones.

Tavar
2013-01-01, 01:31 AM
The Blue Guard, pretty sure we're stalled on you.

The Blue Guard
2013-01-01, 06:42 AM
I apologize. :smallredface: Christmas leaves me unable to do or be more than a slave of the time, and there's still four days of it left - five if you count today. I'll post, but until Christmas is over this will probably be the best I can do.

Kobold-Bard
2013-01-03, 12:22 PM
So apparently Kyeudo replied a month ago and I just didn't see it.

My bad.

Kyeudo
2013-01-05, 01:12 AM
So apparently Kyeudo replied a month ago and I just didn't see it.

My bad.

You're alive!! Cool!

I was trying to figure out how to rope our monk back to the main plot without your character and it wasn't promising.

The Blue Guard
2013-01-11, 01:38 PM
I'm really sorry! The forum failed to notify me again... I'm going to have to get into the habit of checking the thread once a day again.

So primitive! I feel like I should have a club and a leopard skin loincloth.

Tavar
2013-01-13, 10:30 PM
Are you doing anything else? Reflexive charm means that it's still your tic, and that you have no action penalties as of yet.

The Blue Guard
2013-01-14, 08:20 PM
Sorry, I thought it was obvious she was doing now what she was doing before from what I wrote: Defend Other. Speed 5, DV -1, Misc Action.

Tavar
2013-01-16, 08:42 PM
Remember, Red is being defended by Jaina, so we actually need her imput to figure out how things resolve.

Also, the attack charms are very, very important. Just, well, your area of effect attack rolled low, so bounced off the big guys dvs. It slaughtered the extras, though, so it's not like it's worthless. Just situational.

Tavar
2013-02-01, 05:49 PM
So...is there going to be any reaction/clarification if you continue the DO/your own actions?

Ridai
2013-02-01, 06:35 PM
...I kinda would like to know too. Or should I post my actions assuming Red wasn't hit?

Tavar
2013-02-01, 07:04 PM
You would not get hit. Jaina might get hit a second time.

Also, your last action got a 2 die stunt.

Tavar
2013-02-06, 10:55 PM
Stunt Dice: [roll0]

Damage Dice set 1: [roll1]

Damage Dice set 2: [roll2]

Ridai
2013-02-07, 12:09 AM
The 4 motes are taken from the enemy. Soulsteel weapon effect.

Ridai
2013-02-07, 11:54 AM
So... how should we handle the Jania/Red side of things? BG hasn't been online since January 22nd...

Tavar
2013-02-07, 11:58 AM
To that I have no idea. He's said he's a bit busy, but, well, dunno.

Kyeudo
2013-02-07, 11:59 PM
No clue here.

Ridai
2013-02-13, 12:19 PM
I don't know how important the storyline around Jania and Red is, but I feel it's being driven by Jania, at least right now. Carry on? Skip and get Red to the others? Stop?

Tavar
2013-02-15, 03:25 PM
Okay, Blue Guard has dropped. I think we'll skip the little interlude, and move everyone back to Nexus.

Ridai
2013-02-15, 03:49 PM
Alright. Time to prepare for the big, potentially awkward meeting. :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2013-02-17, 06:52 AM
Alright. Time to prepare for the big, potentially awkward meeting. :smallbiggrin:

Or we could be attacking in this seemingly innocuous warehouse, Arda will exalt because Wing sucks in combat, and you'll turn up right as he liquefies our opponent (since I think he's going warrior caste).

Then between your shared love of murdering things, and our theoretical Solar Bond, there should be very little awkwardness.

Ridai
2013-02-17, 07:03 AM
Also sounds good. I assume Wing knows about Solar Bonds? Because Red sure doesn't.

Kobold-Bard
2013-02-17, 09:05 AM
Also sounds good. I assume Wing knows about Solar Bonds? Because Red sure doesn't.

Possibly, he does have the hearthstone for a first age library manse.

If not, I fall back on my answer to everything - "there's a Demon/Elemental that will know".

Kyeudo
2013-02-17, 05:08 PM
How exactly is Obsidian Wings going through the door? Are you charging in? Or are you just trotting in the door?

Cespenar
2013-02-17, 05:35 PM
Or we could be attacking in this seemingly innocuous warehouse, Arda will exalt because Wing sucks in combat, and you'll turn up right as he liquefies our opponent (since I think he's going warrior caste).

Then between your shared love of murdering things, and our theoretical Solar Bond, there should be very little awkwardness.

I've yet to see a Lunar sucking in combat, it should be interesting to watch. :smalltongue:

Kobold-Bard
2013-02-19, 02:25 AM
How exactly is Obsidian Wings going through the door? Are you charging in? Or are you just trotting in the door?

Not charging (as there are no rules for that), just a more casual stroll. If the door is locked or something I may change plan.

I've yet to see a Lunar sucking in combat, it should be interesting to watch. :smalltongue:

My plan when I made Wings was to have a load of dematerialised Blood Apes waiting in the wings so I could pop a few into life when I needed something to fight for me. But discussion I the General thread made me realise that that wasn't exactly a brilliant idea. So here we are.

Kobold-Bard
2013-03-20, 10:07 AM
Is Red's side of the story still going?

Ridai
2013-03-20, 10:11 AM
I think? Tavar said Red's side would skip ahead to Nexus, so I'm waiting for that to happen.

Kyeudo
2013-03-21, 10:23 PM
I think the best way to get the remaining members back in the same place is to skew time so that what Red's side of things did happened a week ago. That way we can have her and the rest stroll into town in the morning after we get done with Arda and Obsidian Wings at the warehouse.

Then we have to somehow pare down our NPC count to something reasonably manageable. I think we have outs for Alanadel, Wince, and Jania. Jian is a hard one to ditch, though, since most of his connections are in Nexus.

Sometimes the overhead is getting to be a real drag.

Cespenar
2013-03-22, 01:44 AM
So, are the thugs going to roll for their attacks? They act before Arda, if I read correctly.

Kobold-Bard
2013-03-23, 04:49 AM
I think the best way to get the remaining members back in the same place is to skew time so that what Red's side of things did happened a week ago. That way we can have her and the rest stroll into town in the morning after we get done with Arda and Obsidian Wings at the warehouse.

Then we have to somehow pare down our NPC count to something reasonably manageable. I think we have outs for Alanadel, Wince, and Jania. Jian is a hard one to ditch, though, since most of his connections are in Nexus.

Sometimes the overhead is getting to be a real drag.

Cool.

Also, I altered my post because I forgot that you don't roll the raw damage.

Kobold-Bard
2013-03-23, 11:48 AM
Sixes aren't successes? Huh, must have forgot that.

My bad.

Kobold-Bard
2013-04-03, 12:17 PM
Probably should have mentioned I'd be away BEFORE I went away, huh?

Cespenar
2013-04-04, 01:31 AM
Hmm. I don't understand why you murderized the ones I intentionally knocked out in a non-lethal manner, but never mind.

Kyeudo
2013-04-22, 11:16 AM
Sorry, I seem to have misspoken in the IC thread. Obsidian Wings seemed to think that people from Matashi had been taken by the raiders. Matashi never lost anyone to the raiders. Other villages lost people.

None of the slaves you are freeing are from Matashi or the other villages.

Cespenar
2013-04-22, 01:08 PM
Sorry, I seem to have misspoken in the IC thread. Obsidian Wings seemed to think that people from Matashi had been taken by the raiders. Matashi never lost anyone to the raiders. Other villages lost people.

That much I got. But...

None of the slaves you are freeing are from Matashi or the other villages.

Huh? They aren't from the other villages? So, what, epic information fail?

Kyeudo
2013-04-29, 12:33 AM
The information you have is that the people from the other villages are still alive somewhere, not that they are in Nexus.

This is an actual plot point. Figuring out where the villagers went to will probably take a little more work (and probably another dead Abyssal).

Cespenar
2013-04-29, 02:36 AM
Okay, got it.

So... we just freed a bunch of slaves for no reason? :smallbiggrin:

Kyeudo
2013-04-29, 02:46 AM
Okay, got it.

So... we just freed a bunch of slaves for no reason? :smallbiggrin:

No, you are attempting to run down a lead on the Abyssal in the city. Maybe you should do something to try and see if anything is amiss, maybe search for any records. Also, maybe you should think about what you should do with your new group of freed slaves, most of whom are a very long way from where they first came from.

Cespenar
2013-05-04, 02:41 AM
Edited my post. Though I have little idea of what to do with the slaves.

Ridai
2013-05-09, 12:26 PM
Guys, I don't think I even care about this game anymore. I've been waiting for a long time now, the game has been dead slow for months (or years even). Sorry, but I'm out.

Kyeudo
2013-05-09, 12:48 PM
I have to agree. Constantly trying to work new people into the plot and find some way to write out the old has made keeping this updated a chore. Let's just call the game over.

It was fun while it lasted.

Cespenar
2013-05-09, 01:03 PM
Hmm. Sorry if my not-so-crisp posting rate had a finger in this, I guess.

Kyeudo
2013-05-09, 01:05 PM
No, the post rate is about what it always was, just I haven't been able to involve Raluca for, what, two months now?