PDA

View Full Version : Soule Eater fans! I require your assistance!

DarkHarlequinn7
2012-08-17, 12:16 AM
For the past 2 years I have been creating and perfecting a Soul Eater d20 setting. Much like the Naruto d20 setting, this one is a template applied to the Modern d20 system. As modern d20 is set up to accommodate a variety of unique characters, my friends and I decided it was the best core rule set for a Soul Eater-themed campaign. We have playtested a sort of prototype once and it was horrible, almost the entire system is being renovated because of this but perhaps the biggest issue we had then and the biggest thing that is stumping me now, is Soul Resonance.

In the series Soul Resonance is a tricky beast, it can take on a variety of different forms depending on the person. This makes it an extraordinary plot device but it also makes it nearly impossible to create an accurate set of rules to portray them without spending weeks making every single combination. Not only is this not very time-efficient, it would take far too long to play test each and every one of these combinations to make sure there are few balance issues.

So I ask of the collective of this site, what would you think the proper way to work Soul Resonance would be?

Crasical
2012-08-17, 12:35 AM
How have you chosen to represent Weapon characters?

DementedFellow
2012-08-17, 12:42 AM
I would very much like to see your system so far and I volunteer to study the rules for any potential rule abuse.

The-Mage-King
2012-08-17, 01:39 AM
I've been working on a Weapon base class, myself. Not quite done yet...

Resonance,I was planning to just make it a simple "Weapon may add Mental to Meister's DCs, and viceversa". What with that being roughly what it does.

The two other big forms, I'd make be PrC's, or feat chains.