PDA

View Full Version : Help with Barb/Rogue combo

KingSmitty
2012-08-17, 05:02 AM
Okay everyone, i'm new here though to be honest i've lurked here for quite a while...

Im playing a Catfolk Rogue -- we rebuilt the race to be less humanoid and more cat, but with the strange ability to raise a sword...(think puss n boots but a bit less chauvinistic) I like the Dex Bonus and especially with a small character, the +1 to AC and to-hit makes it a bit more preferable. Its especially helpful because since my party and DM are against the multiclass rules, they're only forcing me to take the LA penalty!:smallcool: We've also buffed the catfolk race to give me +4 racial bonus to hide, move silently, and stealth, along with all the other goodies which i'll admit is a bit strong but idc I'm a cat, I'm sneaky!! and i'm glad to own right now! :smallbiggrin

ok so here's the deal. Currently I'm a Barb1/Fighter1/Rogue3 TWF fuzzy kitty. I've got +4 BaB 50ft movement speed (i think, catfolk 40ft +10ft fast movement?) which i believe could be useful if I take the "Catfolk Pounce" feat at some point, but im not sure if its viable.

Lately in a grasslands terrain, i've been using my hide, move silently, and steath skills to sneak up behind enemies and use my Magic Rapier of Ambush (1d6 sneak attack) to hit them with 3d6 SA damage from the bushes.: this wont be as useful in dungeons or castles, but in villages and forests and grasslands and such, i'm owning, but sneaking around can be a bit boring at times, i would like to still continue to do that, but still kick butt and chew bubble gum.

Feats: TWF, weapon finesse, sprint (6x movent speed roguish luck), Trapsense +2, Dodge, Rage, Uncanny Dodge.

What I'm wondering is where do I go from here??

I was thinking one more dip into Barb for more BaB and an automatic Improved Uncanny Dodge, and then at least 4 more levels of Rogue to get more SA's, when I earn Improved Uncanny Dodge with my Rogue since i'll already have it, I'm allowed to swap it out for something per my DM, i was thinking ITwF. Should I go Into Swashbuckler afterwards?

sorry for the lengthy post, lots of intricate details!

TaiLiu
2012-08-17, 07:55 AM
Well, if you're a Catfolk, Pounce seems to match thematically.

I believe there's a ACF that trades Fast Movement for Pounce or something...

KingSmitty
2012-08-17, 02:43 PM
yeah i looked at that..i could take Lion Totem Barbarian and gain pounce, though, what benefits does fast movement have in combat?

junglesteve
2012-08-17, 02:46 PM
A helluva lot less then pounce. +10 movement is +2 squares you can travel and attack without going over your move action. Pounce is 100% better because you can charge and get a full attack.

VGLordR2
2012-08-17, 02:49 PM
Since your character is already slightly geared towards charging, you should check out the Neraph Charge (http://http://dndtools.eu/feats/planar-handbook--79/neraph-charge--2050/) feat. It will allow you to add Sneak Attack to your charges.

Studoku
2012-08-17, 02:51 PM
If you're using TWF, pounce lets you charge and get attacks from both weapons. When you hit level 6 and start getting iterative attacks, it gets even better.

KingSmitty
2012-08-17, 04:02 PM
I could possible Make a Totem Variant that replaces Rage with TWF as a class feature as well as granting Pounce instead of Fast Movement then i can focus my feats toward more Roguish abilities or Improved TWF and the like.

I'm thinking daring outlaw is a nice feat to look into, stacking rogue and swashbuckler for SA and Grace? cool :smallcool: