PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Desert of the Not-Yet Dead

Durksmurf
2012-08-17, 09:40 AM
It is nighttime in Aberjhan. The wind howls and kicks up sand outside and inside the city. Aberjhan has been calm and docile for almost 4 months. You all awake to and hear the trotting of horses. It is the weekly shipment of goods from Balic, The closest city. Suddenly on of the horses pulling the caravan whinnies and crashes to the ground. For some reason each one of you feels drawn to go check on the caravan, fully equipped. Maybe it's fate, or maybe you are relying on this shipment. When you reach the street, a loud cry rings through the air. Some of you recognize it as the yell of a Hejkin. Soon you see the monstrosities, a band of them are raiding the caravan.

Roll initiative, make a perception check, and explain why you came.

Initiative for Hejkins
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Durksmurf
2012-08-17, 09:41 AM
broke the rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

OracleofSilence
2012-08-17, 10:05 AM
Mher groans to himself from a nearby rooftop "And that was the shipment I was going to hit..." he unslings his bow, and gracefully leaps to the ground below, preparing to take back what is soon to be his.

Initiative [roll0]
Perception [roll1] (passive 23)

Madcrafter
2012-08-17, 11:11 AM
Darus had been returning from the barracks of a local noble's house, the day's training finally done. He turns onto the street just as the caravan comes under attack, and sees the horse go down. Now this is a real fight, not like those excuses for soldiers today. Maybe I'll even get paid. Giving a grim chuckle, he hefts his hammer and shield, and jogs towards the commotion.

Initiative: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

I also get to move four squares before anything goes down, whenever a map is posted.

Felhammer
2012-08-17, 12:41 PM
Karg runs his hand through this fiery red mohawk, he had been planning on finding a pretty woman to bed with but, life always seemed to interrupt such plans. Karg saunters over to see what rabble the fates had put before him tonight. Ah, Hejkin, no doubt the fates were laughing at poor Karg. Why else would these bandits be such lowly and uninteresting creatures? Karg draws Man Catcher and Slayer as he steels his heart for the combat that is to come.

Perception: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

If I can, I would like to draw My Distance Net and my +1 Battle Axe.

Durksmurf
2012-08-17, 03:58 PM
Perception: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

If I can, I would like to draw My Distance Net and my +1 Battle Axe.

you may draw

Durksmurf
2012-08-17, 05:02 PM
Map:
The red dots are the hejkins. The one with the blue dot seems to be wearing a ceremonial garb. The green dot ones also have a ceremonial garb but it looks different. The purple dot ones look stronger than the rest. The ones flanking the horses are trying to raid the caravan. You are in the green rectangle.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwBHDJN1koyGLXJfZ096MHBrcjQ/edit

for cords abc on top 123 going down on sides

cyblazegk
2012-08-17, 08:12 PM
Clarity prided herself in being able to take joy in all things. She never got sad, not when she failed her AP Psi Midterm, not when her band lost the Battle of the Bands competition, not when her father died. Throughout her childhood, she always had looked on the bright side of life.

Now that she was an adult, she still looked on the bright side. Only now she saw that the bright side was ugly and burnt from too much exposure to the dreadful Athasian sun.

When her father died, she had missed him, but she was able to remain happy because of the inheritance she received, which included his job as a caravan guard. Now, she laughed at the thought of such an inheritance being good.

Being a caravan guard sucked, and Clarity sucked at being one. Riding through the desert and waiting for bad things to happen was not something Clarity enjoyed. She was used to bad things happening, but she was also used to being the cause of these malign events, not the victim.

Then there was the teamwork. Clarity had proven that she could get along fine with others if they accepted her for the self-centered, backstabbing, hedonist she was. Her band had taken second place, after all. But caravan guards were the most serious and boring sort of folk that existed. They were dedicated to their duty, often willing to die for their job (as many would perish without its income), and unable to take a joke. They refused to join her in song, even going so far as to call her voice annoying. One nearly killed her when she read a poem to them she had written as a satire.

The dedication expected of a guard made Clarity even more unsuited to be one. Clarity was a dabbler, not a dedicator. Her father had spent his entire life as a guard, and so had his companions, before they were all wiped out. Clarity had taken Gibli, her crodlu companion, and fled when Thri-Kreen raiders had descended upon her group. It wasn't as if she hadn't tried to fend them off; she was well out of healing magic by the time she made her escape. But as the first of her companions fell, she knew the battle was hopeless. She had studied combat tactics and strategy all her life, but her fellows refused to listen to her advice. That left their defensive position completely vulnerable to the superior teamwork of the Thri-Kreen clutch.

So what did she do? She got another job as a caravan guard. They were hiring, and she was desperate. This job had gone smoothly, up until now. Being faced by what she assumed were mere beasts and not intelligent insects, she felt more confident in her chances of success as she readied her blade, cleared her throat and mentally prepared herself for combat.

I'm gonna post the rolls after dinner.

cyblazegk
2012-08-17, 08:33 PM
Perception [roll0]
Initiative [roll1]

Dr.Robotnik
2012-08-17, 08:44 PM
[roll0]
perception
[roll1]
Initiative

Seeing a fight is about to break out, Chalk uses his extra arms to draw his weapons and leap into the fray, hoping he can kill something to eat without more of the "issues" he had in Balic. The walk from Balic was hard, and he has been looking for a free meal for a while.

Felhammer
2012-08-17, 11:34 PM
Karg the Elfslayer sighs, "Why can't we fight Purple Worms or Ankegs, or something exciting. These pitiable creatures are worthless. I shall take no joy in slaughtering them. I think I will have some cactus wine after this battle. At least something should bring me joy on this dark and boring night."

Karg saunters up to the nearest hejkin and brings his over-sized battleaxe down upon the creature's head.

Can't see map, we do not have the access rights. :smallfrown:

Attack Name: Weapon Master's Strike
Attack Target: Nearest hejkin
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Oops, posted too soon. I was just writing my post for tomorrow, since I may be out for the morning/afternoon. I meant to hit "preview" and not "post". Sorry about that. I'll accept the rolls when/if I attack.

Dr.Robotnik
2012-08-18, 11:34 AM
So I go first?
Move to I-5, twin strike on i-4 and j-4, one on each, and a thri-kreen claws if not yet dead.
If my perception check revealed anything, obviously I might do something different.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
And damage, in order.
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
If I get attacked by anything, I'm going to use fox's cunning, and if it's still alive, or if I get attacked again, disruptive strike, which gives a -4 penalty to hit me on the attack that was interrupted.
[roll6]
[roll7]
And damage
[roll8]
[roll9]

Chalk leaps into the fray in a flurry of claws and swords, striking at those that appear less armored.

Madcrafter
2012-08-18, 11:44 AM
Actually I think one of the enemies got a 23 (though might I suggest going with some sort of group/enemy initiative system? Its usually faster than everyone having to post in order)

Darus runs with blinding speed in front of the two strong looking ones.

Using my pre-combat movement to jump to C8.

OracleofSilence
2012-08-18, 01:00 PM
Mher, over looks the battlefield, growling with frustration as each new face reveals itself, before acting, he swings his bow rapidly over the crowd, focusing briefly on the ceremonially garbed hejkin, then, with near inhuman speed, fires a pair of arrows directly at it.

Minor action to designate the Hejkin at A8 as my Quarry (my spot is C12), Twin strike targeting C12 Hejkin
Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage 1 [roll1]
Hunters Quarry 1 [roll2]
Attack 2 [roll3]
Damage for attack 2 [roll4]
Hunters Quarry 2 [roll5]

If either of these attacks hit, the Hejkin is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Total damage, 32

cyblazegk
2012-08-18, 01:36 PM
"Some mothers are skanks, yours was a kank!" Clarity calls out at the foe.

Vicious Mockery on whichever enemy.
Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Target takes -2 to all attack rolls on a hit.

Felhammer
2012-08-18, 04:24 PM
Karg twists Slayer in his hand before running forward. He screams, "DEATH TO THE WEAK!" as he slams his axe down on one of the hejkin's heads.

My post from above:

Attack Target: Nearest hejkin (the one on the left side of the building)
Attack Roll: (1d20+11)[16]
Damage Roll: (1d10+10)[19]

New rolls, if necessary:

Attack Target: Nearest hejkin (the one on the left side of the building)

Madcrafter
2012-08-18, 06:21 PM
Well since everyone else is posting actions:
(Minor) Battlemind's Demand on the left hejkin (he is now marked by me)
(Standard) Vicious Cobra Strike on the right one
Attack: [roll0] vs AC
Damage: [roll1] psychic and [roll2] thunder damage
If it hits, he is also marked (until the end of my next turn only)

Darus shouts a mental challenge at the one of the large hejkin, while striking out at the other with his hammer.

Durksmurf
2012-08-20, 03:56 PM
@Doc Robotnik: The Hejkins scream in pain as your swords pierce their hides. One is harmed more looking bloody and battered. Electricity off both hejkins coats start to zap and shock you. [roll0] Vs. Fort for [roll1] lightning damage and a save ends daze, on a miss half damage and end of next hejkins turn daze. Second attack same conditions [roll2], [roll3].

@ Mher: your arrows penetrate the hejkins flesh in a volley of pain. The Hejkin then runs up to you swinging his claws rapidly [roll4] Vs AC for [roll5] on a hit and [roll6] Vs. AC for [roll7] damage on a hit. The earth under you rumbles and shakes. [roll8] Vs. Fortitude and your pushed 2 squares, slowed, and grant CA on a hit.

@Clarity: The Hejkin with arrows protruding out of him (^) looks infuriated at your words.

@ Karg: your blade smashes onto the Hejkin, infuriating him. The Beast claws back at you [roll9] Vs. AC for [roll10] damage on a hit.

@ Darus: Your hammer crashes down on the head of the Hejkin that Karg attacked, crushing his arm. The one who you hit swings back at you. [roll11] Vs. AC for [roll12] damage on a hit. The one you challenged also attacks you under same conditions as (^) [roll13], [roll14]

Durksmurf
2012-08-20, 03:57 PM
WoooHooo, Dwarf!

The hejkins by the cart keep attacking it.

OracleofSilence
2012-08-20, 04:28 PM
@ Mher: your arrows penetrate the hejkins flesh in a volley of pain. The Hejkin then runs up to you swinging his claws rapidly (1d20+8)[27] Vs AC for (2d6+7)[18] on a hit and (1d20+8)[25] Vs. AC for (2d6+7)[14] damage on a hit. The earth under you rumbles and shakes. (1d20+5)[18] Vs. Fortitude and your pushed 2 squares, slowed, and grant CA on a hit.

As an the Hejkin attacks, Mher nimbly leaps away dodgin outside the reach of its scything claws, although he is staggered by its earthshaking attack

Immediate interrupt to use Weave Through the Fray, moving shifting three squares away (from c11 to e11) from the Hejkin in reaction to it moving adjacent to me. This negates its attack, but he still falls victim to its Earth Grasp, being pushed to g11

Once the beast ceases its mad flurry, Mher focuses briefly, Moves further away still (to k10) and fires another volley of arrows into the beast.

Activates Skirmishers Stance (minor action), moves from e11 to i11 (move action), and fires a Twin Fanged Strike at the Hejkin he just dodged, droping his Hunters Quarry dice to slow the beast (per hobbling strike)

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Skirmishing Stance [1d6]
Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Skirmishing Stance [roll4] my mistake, Skirmishing stance only deals damage on one attack

If both attacks hit, deal 3 additional damage

OracleofSilence
2012-08-20, 04:29 PM
screwed up code for skirmishing stance on first attack, re rolling

[roll0]

total damage 45 41, and Hejkin is slowed until the end of my next turn.

Felhammer
2012-08-20, 06:40 PM
Karg lets the beast slash is chest and then yells, "You're not as weak as I thought, perhaps you will be a worthy kill after all!" The hulking Half-Giant then furiously swings his Battlaxe down upon the Hejkin's left shoulder.

Attack Target: Nearest hejkin

Dr.Robotnik
2012-08-20, 07:15 PM
saving throw
[roll0]
if I save against daze, Cut and Run against the more-injured Hejkin
[roll1] and damage [roll2].
followed by moving to e8.

If I don't save, twin strike again. I will aim the first one at the more injured one, and if it doesnt die, I hit it again. If it dies, I hit the adjacent one with the second swing.
Swing 1
[roll3]and [roll4] damage
Swing 2
[roll5] and [roll6] damage

I would also like to have used the Icy Weapon Daily power against the more injured Hejkin, regardless if i save or not.
[roll7] ice damage and slowed for one round.
edit-looks like that first swing was a crit. make that 14 damage.

Feeling a little.... charred, Chalk decides he needs to get out of here, now, wether he is escaping by running away, or by more stabbing.

Dr.Robotnik
2012-08-26, 12:12 PM
[roll0]
extra crit damage

Durksmurf
2012-08-29, 08:39 AM
waiting on clarity and darus

cyblazegk
2012-08-30, 01:07 PM
Clarity charges the nearest foe.

Not actually charging, just running up and using Cunning Ferocity.
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
On a hit, each ally within 5 squares of me gains a +4 bonus to damage rolls against the target until the end of my next turn.

So, about the map. Are we just gonna go "screw tactics, please move the game along" ? If so, I hope we avoid combat for the majority of the game ::::/

Madcrafter
2012-08-30, 04:45 PM
Not going to hold this up for want of a map I guess. Don't know where everything is though, so I'm just staying put.

Darus strikes again at the right hejkin.

(Standard) Vicious Cobra Strike on the right one
Attack: [roll0] vs AC
Damage: [roll1] psychic and [roll2] thunder damage
If it hits, he is also marked (until the end of my next turn only)

Durksmurf
2012-08-31, 07:22 AM
New map and combatting stuff should be up tommorow (don't have Internet access)