PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about your favorite Inn, Tavern, Pub

laeZ1
2012-08-17, 09:48 AM
No players want every town, village, or capitol city to have bland, normal inns, no innkeeper will be successful without a gimick (or a great personality), and no DM wants to sit around for hours thinking up great original Inns, Taverns, or Pubs.

The inns posted here will show up in my game, (I've got four continents, pleanty of small towns and large cities, island communities, people in mountains, as well as an underdark) we've been playing for over a year now, and it's not stopping anytime soon. Quite literally any inn posted here, I will have a spot to put it in my world. And here, I'll share my favorite with you all:

"The Hole in the Ground"
What appears from the outside as little more than an outhouse with a humble sign, is actually the worse inn associated with the capitol of this particular country. After opening the door, and heading a short ways underground, the adventuring party find themselves in the inn. For the adventurer who cares more about saving money than they care about having windows, good food, and furniture not carved out of the limestone that rests in the ground, the Hole in the Ground is for you. At least the dwarven barkeep's (Gargen StoneAle) got some good, old fasioned racist stories to entertain guests, and the bed sheets are made out of fabric (as opposed to more rock).

The Redwolf
2012-08-17, 10:13 AM
Well, I'm not sure if this counts as it was one that I saw in reality, not one that was in a game. We were on a trip to Chicago and were almost to our hotel, and there was a building off to the side of the road with a sign in front of it that actually said inn, and then on one of the windows one that said pub. Next to the pub sign was a glowing neon sign that said something like "Get work here" or "Jobs available" or something like that. My friend and I in the car who both play just started laughing and everyone looked at us like we were crazy. Unfortunately we couldn't convince them to stop for us.

00dlez
2012-08-17, 10:27 AM
I've not named it officially yet, but the below will make an appearence in my next game:

"The Noble's Nightclub"
It's a dark, stone building. Silent from the outside, many unfamiliar with the Noble's district in LargeCityX would think it to be nothing more than a small warehouse.

Inside, the air is comfortably cool, ever so slightly damp and relaxing. Soothing smells of innumerable plesent fragrences caress the nostrils - rose petals, incense, mint.

It is still faily dark on the inside, illuminated by floating cylinders of bright, fantastic, colored lights, covering the entire spectrum.

The cylinders are provided by a gnome tinker, who has constructed a metalic submergeable able to dive to unthinkable ocean depths where he harvests a special, glowing fish. Once removed from the extreme water pressure of the depths, the fishes perish, but so long as thier skin and glands remain in the salt water, they continue to glow for a week or more. The gnome harvests, bottles, and sells the creatures to the Nightclub (perhaps he owns it himself).

____

It can be a seedy noble establishment, where back room politics is conducted in the open, a drug den for the upperclass, or just a super swanky noble establishment made famous by it's novelty.

The glowing cylinders canbe table centerpieces or float around the establishment through a telekenetic magic (mage hand can even work). And look like: http://www.sweet-16-party-ideas.com/images/glow-in-the-dark-centerpiece-21372362.jpg

Kol Korran
2012-08-17, 10:34 AM
Perhaps not that original but Lets see:

The Kraken
An inn made mostly for sailor and other tough folks, on the docks of some major port. There is a huge giant squid hanging by nets and ropes from the ceiling just above the middle of the room (The "Kraken") that gives the place it's name. The place is run by a human and his half orc wife and their fairly mixed and "personable" children. The owner gets a deal from a squid fishing ship, and he sells "baby krakens" in some strange red stew, which is not spectacular, but not half bad.

The place sees rough times, and get bashed quite often. (the owner and wife have might clubs ready) But woe is to the person that disturbs the "kraken", for it is considered a sign of good luck, and thus will get ALL in the bar angry.

She dances all night
In a cavern od a hidden pirate cave, this establishment tries to draw the succesful pirate, and their money. The place is quite luxuriously furnished, and acts as a semi brothel/ entertainment house, with many "ladies of the night" there to entertain. From sunset to sunrise, there is always some sort of an erotic show for the customers. However, the place is not cheap, but PC's could probably afford it.

The place offers some rooms as well, with or without a companion.

Drum Full of Rum
Another docks bar, but far less prestigious, aimed at the common working mad. The place is quite dark (catering mostly to those with better night vision than humans), And specialize in very cheap, very alcoholic, LARGE mugs of ale and drink. There are two dwarf brothers that at times provide some drumming music, but quite low key, just to provide a bit of atmosphere and something for the ear to listen to. The patron wants to be left alone, to their trobules, to their woes and drink. The place is dark, fairly silent (other than the drums), and gloom. They like it that way.

Of course however, this place is quite good for shady deals, done in the dark.

Hopefully this might get you started. Good luck!

Novawurmson
2012-08-17, 10:56 AM
The Drinko Tavern:

-Hyper-coporate, multi-planar chain of cut-rate taverns and inns, available in almost every major town in the multiverse. Watered-down ale comes in enormous tankards. Minstrels sing company-approved ballads in a tackily-decorated enclosure. It's the perfect place to bring your family for dinner, your friend for a special treat, or your adventuring party to plot the downfall of the wicked necromancer who rules the land.

TheTick
2012-08-17, 11:05 AM
The Drinko Tavern:

-Hyper-coporate, multi-planar chain of cut-rate taverns and inns, available in almost every major town in the multiverse. Watered-down ale comes in enormous tankards. Minstrels sing company-approved ballads in a tackily-decorated enclosure. It's the perfect place to bring your family for dinner, your friend for a special treat, or your adventuring party to plot the downfall of the wicked necromancer who rules the land.

Tackily decorated...with flair?

00dlez
2012-08-17, 11:14 AM
I can't remember if this was FR canon, my idea, or something a party mate came up with...

"The Chain Inn"

In ever major city in the game world, a series of VERY expensive inns exist, connected by magical teleportation portals. The goal of rich merchants, kings, retired adventurers or whom ever has thousands of gold at their dispostal is to visit all the inns in the single night (which could be 3, 5, 8, or however many you choose.)

SamBurke
2012-08-17, 11:26 AM
The Drinko Tavern:

This is the reason why I hate the forum sig limits.

Because all of this. I love. I am also taking it.

Novawurmson
2012-08-17, 11:34 AM
I think the Drinko Tavern was the only time I started a campaign in an inn; the night ended with a fight between the party and a young troll prince and his retainers (read: drunken friends and irate nanny) spilling out of the bar and into the streets. It was supposed to be a running gag in the campaign, but it only came up a few times.

My players love the Hagfish (http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Hagfish) in Golarion (the Pathfinder campaign world). If you run it, include the name Adeyaka on the wall of people who've successfully quaffed a mug of hagfish water.

laeZ1
2012-08-17, 11:42 AM
If you run it, include the name Adeyaka on the wall of people who've successfully quaffed a mug of hagfish water.
Will do.
Is Adeyaka pronounced (Ah-day-yaka) or (Aid-yaka)? If there's a picture, could I have a couple sentence description (age, race, gender)?

I've played pathfinder before, but I've never played in a game where the DM didn't make their own world (save a short-lived ravenloft game). I imagine Adeyaka is a PC, but if it's a well-known Golarion NPC, I appologize for my ignorance, as I've never played in Golarion.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-08-17, 11:54 AM
An as-of-yet-unnamed bar;

You and your companions turn the corner, you're taken aback in shock as the native guide grins widely. The circular building is massive, with a large, flat surface serving as the main part of the roof trimmed with a gently sloping edge.

As you enter the double door, you hear the noise that you'd typically associate with a tavern, but it's blocked by a heavy set of stone double doors, inscribed with ancient runes. As you push through the doors, the noise intensifies, though looking around, you see nothing. You see the guide smile cheekily, and he lifts a single digit and points up.

As you look up, you see the entirety of the tavern sprawled on the roof of the building. The guide laughs and jumps slightly, and is pulled to the roof where he impacts a mat. He then looks 'up' and waves, before disappearing in the crowd. Your companions look at you and shrug before hopping up themselves.

The entire bar is permanently warded with a Reverse Gravity effect. The barkeep, Dani, is actually Kacdaninmilla, a half-gold Brass Dragon with the Alternate form ability.

Note that this bar works best in a high-magic campaign (like the Forgotten Realms) or a setting like Eberron.

Novawurmson
2012-08-17, 12:06 PM
Ah-deh-yaka. I think it's originally Japanese. It's one of the PCs in my current game. Short answer: He's an Aasimar Summoner whose Eidolon is a four-armed winged angel.

This is how the (somewhat faulty-narrator) innkeeper would probably describe him:

"Adeyaka, eh? Sure, I remember him. Tall guy, fairly well built, but that's not what you noticed about 'im first. You just felt his presence when he walked into a room - sort o' guy who could always get the attention of a roomful of people in th' drop of a hat. His skin glowed like bronze, like 'e was some kind of angel! Some of the Varisians thought 'e was one of them star-born. Who knows? 'Bout this time 'e was missing an eye 'e lost to an assassin in Magnimar. They say 'e 'ventually cut out the eye of a drow for a replacement! How do ye like that? He stole the hearts of some of the pretty young things in town, once upon a time. Didn't hurt that 'e helped save the town from a goblin attack.

"Anyway, 'e walks into my pub and starts throwin' down shots like Cayden Cailean 'imself! I 'eard later that 'e grew up in one o' them Cailean orphanages, poor lad. But anyway, 'e walks into me pub with that big friend o' his...what was 'is name...Kasumi! Huge chap, never talks, never leaves 'is suit o' armor; I heard someone say that they saw Kasumi fighting a group o' bandits, and they said 'is friend had four arms and a pair o' angel wings! Rubbish, o' course ('e was probably drunk), but 'e was an intimidating one.

"Now I've got myself off batherin' again. So this Adeyaka asks me, 'What do I 'ave to do to get my name on that post?' So I tells him. He tells me he'd like to try.

"I bring over the tankard o' water from Nora's tank, 'e orders another shot, pours it into the tankard o' hagfish water, and then chugs the whole thing down with a smile! Ordered another one just to show off!

"So yeah, that's your Adeyaka. Strange chap. I heard he made friends with a werewolf that tried to kill him once. Some say 'e ended up as lord of a fort somewhere. Some even say 'e was plannin' on going to Absalom to take the Test o' th' Starstone! Ah, but look at me, talkin' like this. You goin' to order somethin' or not?"

Edit: Apparently, Adeyaka means "charming" or "fascinatingly elegant (http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=adeyaka)"; no wonder he chose it for a maxed-out Cha character XD

Mirakk
2012-08-17, 12:13 PM
This one might get me in a little trouble, but here goes. We had this inn outside of a Dwarven port town of "Dartan" in an Everquest setting campaign.

The pub was called "The Drunken Erudite" and it had a sign posted outside with a dark skinned man wearing a hooded robe and a funny hat with the bill turned sideways. He's holding a bottle of liquor encased in some kind of paper sack and making a gesture with his hands you don't quite understand.

Inside, the special of the day is the "Ogre Butt Bomb". It's a specialty drink of Elven Wine, and Ogre Ale, where the wine is dropped into the ale.

However, the pub was out of Wine! Luckily, the Dwarf in the party who had so recently (and surprisingly) impressed the elves of Kelethin had been given a special cask of Magical Elven Wine that bestowed the drinker with a featherfall effect. The party decided to use the magical wine, and with a thunderous fart, they found themselves under a fly effect, and speeding through the air to a nearby island where they became marooned (This was a DM joke. The party hadn't been paying much attention to what I was doing most of the time, so I decided to see who was going to roleplay this the best). When they eventually were picked up by pirates and got to another town, they heard rumors of a permanent stinking cloud in the pub, and the town being jokingly referred to as "Fartan".

nedz
2012-08-17, 03:56 PM
The Small Tun
Basically is a pub run by hobbits, for hobbits and all the furniture is very small, as are the rooms. They don't serve pints.

The Little Mill
As above, but for Gnomes. So lots of miniature steam punk features: the drinks are brought to your table by heath-robinson style contraptions held together with string and sticky tape.

The Frosted Glass
This is an outdoor inn carved out of deep snow. It has chiller cabinets which consist of glass doors over cavities carved out of the snow walls. The furniture is made from pieces of wood placed on blocks of snow.

The Lorien
This is an elven pub. No one is quite sure what they serve, because the service is so slow no one has ever had enough patience to find out.

klemdakherzbag
2012-08-17, 11:38 PM
The Thing On the Wall Pub

Outside a rather normal looking establishment hangs a placard with what looks like a paint splatter. Inside hanging behind the bar is an amalgamation of legs, heads, arms, tentacles, etc; it isnt representative of anything just a conversation piece. One the other side of the room is a dais with a chair and a beautiful woman sitting on said chair with two female 'bodyguards' on each side. A minstrel sings of her loveliness and goads potential suitors to ask the lady for her hand. If approached, the lady takes their hand and then casts sleep on the potential suitor. Now begins the real story of the Thing On The Wall. The suitor is chained to the wall beside the dais and the barkeep sells rotten food and other harder items (plates, bottles, chairs, etc) to throw at The Thing On The Wall (suitor) with half of the proceeds going to the bar to cover costs of broken items and the other half to The Thing On The Wall for 'pain and suffering'. Items throw must be behind a specified line (generally over 30 ft).

I think I found this concept online somewhere but cannot remember....

Morithias
2012-08-18, 12:22 AM
I haven't got to run this tavern yet, but I want to when I finally come up with a legit plot of some kind.

"Charme's Tankard" (Warning name may change)

Named after the Princess of the kingdom...because the Princess spends the most money there. The princess being a large chubby girl (15+ con) with the great fortitude, filth eater, and resist poison feats (+10 to saves against ingested poisons). Every weekend after doing her noble duties she takes to the pub and drinks everyone under the table. The bartender offers a 1000 gold piece reward to anyone who can out drink her without a. Being immune to poison outright like a monk or demon or b. Using magical assistance. It is also rumoured that the princess is looking not for a knight in shining armour, but rather a man who can party and enjoy her lifestyle of living large and brewing lots of booze.

The bar is also regularly visited by a succubus bard who is a mistress of the piano and enjoys performing at it. Despite being "redeemed" the demon is actually CN not CG, and simply wants to live the bard's life, performing daily for gold pieces and eventually buying a house. The Princess's friendship with the succubus keeps the succubus safe for the most part, and the two often will duet on certain nights when the Princess feels like singing.

Eugenides
2012-08-18, 02:27 AM
Honestly, I always have a soft spot for Callahan's Cross Time Saloon, a book written by Spider Robinson. While set in a more science-fictiony setting, the concept has always been adaptable and intriguing.

Basic synopsis: when you walk in the door, you can buy any drink for a dollar because Mike Callahan, the proprietor figures nobody would go through the trouble of counterfeiting dollar bills. Drinks are 50 cents, however. Upon purchasing a drink, you have two options.

Firstly, there is a box of quarters by the door. Upon leaving, you take 50 cents for each drink, if you returned the glass.

Option two is the fun one, and would make for some...interesting hooks. Basically, the fireplace is a HUGE fireplace. There's a line that you have the option to toe up to, make a toast, and then pitch your glass into the fireplace, upon which your 50 cents is forfeit. You can make the toast with the understanding that nobody will pry, but if you wish, people will listen, which will lead to some fun hooks if you so wish.

Also, note that Callahan is a very tough individual, so nobody in their right mind would try causing him any trouble.

This is the source of Callahan's Law (also known as the Law of Conservation of Pain and Joy): "Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased—thus do we refute entropy."

Also, I always loved the contest on Pun Contest Tuesday: Sunday, Monday, Punday!

redzimmer
2012-08-18, 02:55 PM
"The Titan's Nail"

This roadhouse and restaurant sits in the foothills of whatever dwarf and hill giant populated area you may have.

So-called due to the mummified hill giant thumb that hangs behind the bar, the establishment is run by Boris Hillhammer, former dwarf adventurer (male hill dwarf rogue/fighter 2/1) and master brewer.

He refuses to serve feyblood, due to a run-in with some spriggan which cost him his left eye. He is less than welcoming to gnomes and elves, but will talk the ear off of any dwarf that comes to his roadhouse.

The Titan's Nail offers a spot on the common room floor for 5 sp a night (Boris accepts to responsibility for lost or stolen items).

The menu is sparse, mostly boiled potatoes and stewed root vegetables (Boris believes if it grew above ground, it's not healthy) with the occasional bit or rabbit or other easily snared rodent.

What draws customers and brings them back however is the potato vodka that Boris distills. Called Hammer of the Hills aficionados will pay up to 15 gp a bottle. Boris only sells by the shot, 3 sp each. He may offer a bottle up to friends or people who do him a service.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-18, 08:30 PM
Here's one that I started in my game.

(This establishment assumes usage of hyperconcious)
Moisture Under Your Tongue
This rather shady establishment is found in a dry region. It has a tiered system for customers, from the poorest of the poor, to the sultan (or king) himself. It has everything under the sun you could want for fun.
The serving staff is a large selection of perfectly preserved undead, intelligent minions of the owner. It is known for many things, but originally it was knowm that it has the cheapest opium in town.
The owner is shaper named Xeric Hydros, who commonly changes form, but is often in the shape of a gloura. (He has a metamorphisis psionic skin.) He produces all of the bar's stock himself, a master of the crafts required. Each morning, he produces a days supply of opium with his mind, in addition to various other drugs such as devilweed and luhix. Almost anything you want is avaliable on tap as it were, a creation power away.
In the back room, one can find vampires that he has enslaved for sexual usage, undead being his forte. Additionally, many mundane men and women work for his more than fair wages. He treats people well, although he does supply many harmful things. Among the picks are a nymph he freed from slavers and a succubus that his wizard friend bound.
The high class come to make deals and descretely indulge themselves. The only reason they allow the place to exist is that many of them love the deals they get there. Xeric is a level 20 shaper and his greater fabricate lets him mass produce common goods for their consumption.
It's shady, horribly illegal, strangely tolerent, and amazingly fun. You can get whatever you want there if you've got the money.

Gamer Girl
2012-08-18, 11:18 PM
The Water Inn and Tavern This is a building completely full of water, top to bottom. There is an airy water effect for people so they can swim around. They serve lots of sea food and you can find aquatic races here, naturally. They don't serve drinks, per say, but to have 'drinks' in the form of foodstuffs. Often a big hit with nobles.

The Tightrope Tavern A mobile tavern, often located on the very top of a high abandoned warehouse. There are no stairs or any other way to get up to the tavern other then to climb. Generally, caters to thief types that do 'second story work', but also other types of criminals.

Invader
2012-08-19, 12:19 AM
The Inn and Out

A large sturdy looking well lit building of stone and magic floats in a nameless limbo between the planes. Suits of ornate and derelict armor alike line the walls in alcoves lit from a magical source you can't seem to discern. The armor has an eerie almost lifelike albeit nonthreatening way of following you with unseen eyes as you move around the great room. There is a large fireplace on 3 of the walls with the fourth being taken up entirely by a 40ft long bar stretching from wall to wall. Well used but maintained tables sit at even intervals throughout the room with heavy 4 foot wood and stone support columns cutting the room into large quadrants. In the center of the room is a huge iron staircase circling 25ft. above to the upstairs big enough for 3 large men abreast to climb at the same time. There's a 12x12ft. alcove extended off one corner of the room with all manor of etchings and writings in dozens of languages scribbled on every square inch of floors, ceilings, and walls. Upon closer inspection, one will notice no doors or windows in the room. While at the Inn and out it's impossible to discern north by any means.

There is a congenial staff made up of the oddest assortment of proprietors you're likely to see in an Inn outside of even the most flamboyant of bards tells. There's Garrle a grizzled orc and the owner of the Inn and Out. Tavaa, a female Satyress and Gwenith a female Dromite serve as waitresses, Ak'Hiss and Ak'Kik 2 kobold brothers act as cooks and Beszrima a former drow priestess acts as a concierge of sorts for the various guests of the Inn and Out. Being at the center of every plane in existence allows the inn to serve a collection of food and drink ranging the mundane to the stoutest of dwarven ales, to the sweetest nectar good enough to be served to formian queens.

No one is quite sure how or why the Inn and Out exists only that every once in a great while when traveling between planes or extradimensionally, you might find yourself instead standing in an odd alcove in the corner of the barroom. As far as anyone knows, its impossible to purposely travel to the Inn and Out but leaving is as simple as writing the name of the place you're trying to go on the wall in the alcove and stepping into the large circle on the floor.

Those lucky enough to find themselves in old Garrles inn are able to find nearly any item they are looking for if they can afford the price set by Beszrima. Sometimes its in trade for other items, sometimes its a simple payment of gold, if you're lucky it might be as simple as a good story, but there's always a price.

The truth behind the Inn and Out is that a millennium ago, 6 dragons who ancient and powerful dragons possessing magic that has long since been lost to the lesser races, gave up their place in the world to create a place where they could live eternally and thus the Inn and Out simply existed one day where there was nothing before. The entire Inn is protected with a number of different magics. The suits on the walls can all be animated in the defense of the inn (more powerful versions of a helmed horror). The inn is entire sustained by the magic of the 5 dragons including all the supplies they use to keep it a functioning inn. The dragons are able to scry on the outside world and when it serves their purposes they can divert travelers to their inn when they think they can learn important information or trade for an item the traveler may possess. The dragons and the inn itself are completely unable to be scryed upon by any means and are unable to be found outside the intervention of a greater divine being. The dragons should be considered to have divine ranks themselves.

Alleran
2012-08-19, 12:29 AM
The World Serpent Inn has always been a favourite of mine, once the PCs get to the point where they can make short planar jaunts around the place.

XionUnborn01
2012-08-19, 12:38 AM
The favorite I ever included in one of my games.

The Sloppy Wet Halfling

The outside of this large building looks more like a prison than a tavern. The few windows are small and barred, the door is made of heavy iron, and the building walls are made of thick brick blocks. The only sign on the building is an image of a bottle of ale, simple but effective enough to cross language barriers.

Inside it's brightly lit by magic torches set in the walls and smaller magical flames on the tables. The air has the distinct smell of a working man's bar; sweat, booze, smoke, and meat. The locals all gather at the bar that spans the entire length of the building, talking and sipping from their mugs. The bartender is a brute of a man who, upon further inspection, is clearly at least half orcish. He watches the bar suspiciously, strangers in particular.

The band, made up entirely of halflings, plays slow and soft music that fills the bar with a feeling of comfort even under the eye of the bartender.

The drinks are cheap but good quality, and there are only two options; Liquor or Leave. Any questions of what kind of liquor it is are only met with laughter from the locals followed quickly by assurances that you really don't want to know where it comes from.

willpell
2012-08-21, 09:06 AM
So far all my taverns have been pretty boring, but after reading "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon" I decided to put a thickly disguised expy of it into my campaign world. My setting is ruled over by a benevolent CG high-op Wizard 20, and he's basically a very self-aware Gary Stu who is his own worst enemy; the purpose of "Gallivan's" is to be one of several examples of how the Good guys don't all get along, as the wizard is tremendously arrogant and has great difficulty admitting when he's wrong (not that it happens much, but that's part of the problem). He can't put one over on Gallivan no matter how he tries, despite there being no evidence that Gallivan is anywhere near his level (they're both ultimately plot devices and Author Avatars, but Gallivan probably is low-level and definitely doesn't act high-level). So when there are disagreements, the ruler, being a Good guy and thus not able to take his annoyance out on random passers-by, just kinda sits and sulks about it, his 20 levels of high-op power completely unable to do anything useful or reasonable to improve the situation. I think it'll make for a nice Aesop that my players may enjoy, especially once they've gotten a little sick of the big guy.

Sewercop
2012-08-21, 11:29 AM
The Inn Between

It is settled right where three nations borders meet, a restaurant,bar,museum and hotel in the middle of nowhere. Nothing fancy, but the owner, found it hilarious to have three doors one in each country. It is famous for its neutrality when it comes to its customers. If you have gold you can stay.

During war times it has hosted its fair share of meetings between different sides.
Lets meet at the middle is a joke very commonly said there.

After a few years the surrounding area has gotten more settlements, mostly tradingposts, but also a small garrison from each country. This is a highly sought after post for diplomats since alot of meetings takes place there.

One thing is very special for the inn. If you commit a crime in there you are a criminal in three countries.

The owner is a rich eccentric elf(or whatever you want) that always wants special goods to showcase in the museum part of his inn. be it paintings or rare minerals or other rare stuff. He is not powerful in personal might, but have connections all over the place. He owns a couple of ships, a brewery,a coal mine, two big farms, and has brokerd a couple of deals with special goods like rope made out of spider silk. He never lists jobs, but if you have a rare item with a fun past he is willing to trade.

There are more backstories to this, but the basics are how its located and its diplomatic uses.

Eugenides
2012-08-22, 04:38 PM
The Inn Between
One thing is very special for the inn. If you commit a crime in there you are a criminal in three countries.

I like this. I think I'm going to borrow something like this because I have 2 PC's that like to start bar fights.