PDA

View Full Version : PF - Urban Track?

Person_Man
2012-08-17, 10:54 AM
Does Pathfinder have an equivalent of Urban Tracking (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm)? I know that Gather Information got rolled up into Diplomacy, which makes some sense (it's odd that Paladin's have spy networks, but whatever). And theoretically, it can/should be included in "secret knowledge" about an individual. But I was just wondering if it currently exists somewhere and I just missed it, or if there is some better way I should be handling it. Thanks.

Novawurmson
2012-08-17, 10:57 AM
Hrm. Good question. I know DSP released the Sighted Seeker prestige class in Psionics Expanded, which has a similar function.

Edit: I thought there was a Rogue Talent that did this...or a Ranger Archetype...maybe a Bard? Not finding it.

Cieyrin
2012-08-17, 04:50 PM
Not quite what you're looking for but the Rogue Talent Follow Clues lets you use Perception to track instead of Survival and an Investigator Rogue gets 2 rolls every time they Gather Info, gets the info for both and, if the lesser is false info, you know it. So kinda the right direction but nothing outright like 3.5 Urban Tracking, unless "Yeah, Benny was here an hour ago. He's probably at his mistress', the one he thinks his wife doesn't know about." is what you're going for, which may be good 'nough.

As for Paladin spy rings, you would never know how much gossip goes through church groups. :smallbiggrin:

Benly
2012-08-17, 05:10 PM
Given that regular tracking is now a normal function of Survival, I would treat this as a normal function of Gather Information.

(You can also perform normal tracking in an urban environment using Survival, but that's not exactly the same thing.)

grarrrg
2012-08-17, 07:08 PM
As for Paladin spy rings, you would never know how much gossip goes through church groups. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, but the Paladin still doesn't like it when all the old ladies pinch his cheeks.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2012-08-17, 11:08 PM
Given that regular tracking is now a normal function of Survival, I would treat this as a normal function of Gather Information.

(You can also perform normal tracking in an urban environment using Survival, but that's not exactly the same thing.)

I dunno, it could be the same thing... Survival in a city vs. wilderness is quite different, and perhaps survival (in a city) is less about following tracks than gathering information. Thus, it would still fall under survival. Plus, its a nice way for an urban ranger to still dump CHA.

Cieyrin
2012-08-17, 11:52 PM
Yeah, but the Paladin still doesn't like it when all the old ladies pinch his cheeks.

Why do you think Paladins are LG and have that code? :smallwink:

Fenryr
2012-08-18, 10:59 AM
My solution would be something like this, a twisted Track (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger#TOC-Track-Ex-)from PF:

Urban Tracking: A ranger adds half his level (minimum 1) to Diplomacy skill checks made to follow or identify people.

Instead of Ranger you may choose a specific class or prestige class.