PDA

View Full Version : What characters are you playing at the moment?

loopy
2012-08-17, 12:40 PM
I always love hearing about other peoples characters. When you talk to someone about an interesting character, it gives you glimpses of the world they inhabit. Personality quirks, allies, enemies, and perception all help to turn a game into something more.

So... Who are you playing at the moment? Spin me a tale of your characters deeds! To get things rolling, I'll start:

Current character:
Alec 'Dirge' Hawkins - Hacker, DJ, and newly turned drug lord, he turned to the shadows after his girlfriend was abducted and injected with a nano-virus that was disguised as a recreational drug. In trying to rescue her, he pissed off her drug lord father (who thinks he kidnapped her) and also caused her permanent vegetative state while firing an EMP gun too close to the life support machine keeping her alive. This rescue also killed one of his closest friends. He's now turning to crime to get the resources to track down those who ordered her kidnapping, and is researching digital immortality in the hopes of bringing them back together again.

Lubnutz - Ork Mekboy. For those who are unfamiliar with Warhammer 40k, think of Ork space pirates. His notable achievements include:
-Lubricating the ships moving parts with snotlings (smaller Orks).
-Venting the ships engine into space.
-Venting the ships bridge into space.
-Strapping explosive jets to the backs of other Orks to get them into combat faster.
-Cutting a ship in half and ramming another ship into it, then welding the resulting mess together to form a BIGGER SHIP.
-Using grappling hooks and a laser to cut yet another ship in half.
...It's not good for anyone when he gets an idea. Except, you know, it's hilarious.

Jacques Delacour - Rogue Trader. He's the last of a long line of trader lords, losing his ship in an alien attack and trapped on a planet surrounded by enemies. He has extensive lands, but their grip is tightening and he doesn't know how long he can hold out. Luckily for him, he's struck a deal with the local clergy to use the floating 'sky-temple' hovering above the planet. Unluckily for him, the ship is broken and the only way to repair it is to use the services of two Ork Mekboyz without anyone finding out. If you'll note the above character Lubnutz, this is pretty much what every Mekboy is like. Yeah, this will go well.

Lord Charles Unwin Byron / Edmund Fitzroy - A viscount in Neo-Victorian England (200 years after the zombie apocalypse happened in 1895). Society has been rebuilt and he is in a prestigious position... That he doesn't really care for. He's always wanted to be an actor, but it would be an unimaginable scandal for a respected noble to be caught acting like some... lower class peasant. He's taken to producing plays, always having a private box ready to view them. His faithful manservant Wadworth keeps any admirers away from the box, but Lord Byron is never in it. It's a shame, he's missing quite a show, that new actor Edmund Fitzroy is receiving rave reviews.

Krusk - Half-Orc barbarian with an IQ lower than a glass of water, Krusk never really mastered the concept of personal pronouns. He also disdains any strategy more complex than charging in to the fray while screaming 'KRUSK DOES CRUSH!' Interestingly, he's been talked into religion by the party Cleric, and now crushes skulls for justice. After finding out that people who fight for justice are called Paladins, Krusk set out to found a paladin order. Prodded along by the party cleric, his order has done ridiculously well, saving the land from an undead invasion and becoming the Protector of Northern Cormyr.

Leanansidhe - Wood elf charlatan. In this setting, elves are ridiculously arrogant. They are better than everyone else, and they know it. That's why everyone hates them, which the elves use as proof of their superiority. Anyway, Lea was sent on a five year journey to explore the world and discover how much the humans suck. You see, Lea was an oddity amongst elves, she believed that humans could be useful for many things... As long as they were trained properly.
She had a habit of kidnapping Human children from nearby villages and training (read: brainwashing them) into becoming loyal servants. She has a young boy called 'Boy' who she follows around. Her first interaction with the party was when she tried to buy one of the party members. She's slowly coming around, becoming a slightly nicer person (though she did go a little insane when she took a sword to the head a while back). Amusingly, this contrasts with the other elf in the party, who started out with good intentions and has slowly become more of a jackass as he realised that humans really aren't worth helping.

Well, I hope you enjoyed that, I think I'm participating in too many games at the moment.

Rallicus
2012-08-17, 01:12 PM
Well, at the moment I'm only playing one. However, I guess I'll add my other characters that I've played in the past year.

Jeff Quinn (Cyberpunk2020) - An incredibly unattractive nomad who, ironically, has no idea how to ride a motorcycle properly. Employed at a corporation as a coffee boy. Incredibly good shot with a rifle, but fails miserably at any type of leadership role. Also tries to intimidate people any chance he gets, and has yet to succeed even once.

Retired:

Jon Bertan (Dungeons and Dragons)- Generic two-handed sword fighter with a knack for drinking rivaling that of a dwarf. Almost never bathed and enjoyed the company of large women -- the bigger, the better. Died from a JRPG tentacle monster apparently, after I had to quit the game due to scheduling conflicts.

Nerzig Fizzrunt Murnog - Played him twice, two different iterations. The first was a generic gnome illusionist out to explore the world. The second was a gnome illusionist who wished for the genocide of all gnomes, because apparently he was dropped on the head as a child and believed he was a human with stunted growth. Later I was going to reveal that he knew he was a gnome, but hated them with a passion due to a childhood of being neglected and because he was eventually sold to a human wizard for a cup of coffee (gnomes in the setting were addicted to coffee like a hard drug).

Eldonauran
2012-08-17, 02:04 PM
Gragnuk Sparkblade: Lawful Good Half-Orc Duskblade. Bodyguard to a Gnoll Shaman, battle-bound to an uppity Rogue that likes to hide in trees and comrade to a Dragonborn Fighter and drunken dwarven monk. Has nearly been eaten by a large dragon, a large python and an animated witches cauldron. He has personally saved the life of every party member; halfing bard that nearly got crushed by falling stairwell was pulled to safety, defeated an ooze that was slowly digesting the fighter and monk (engulfed), poured a potion down the throat of the rogue after failing to disable a trap and who was at -9 HP and kept a hellhound from eating the face of the shaman.

He may have aspiriations to be a Paladin. :smallamused:

Roguenewb
2012-08-17, 02:55 PM
Azath, of House Greyson (D&D 3.5) Feytouched Battle Sorc 4/Battle Dancer 1/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 1/ Abjurant Champion 2: Has a laughably high AC and damage output, but terrible saves and hitpoints. He is the whole disinherited member of a noble house with a gift and destiny. He also has a mother cyst killing him. For a while he was an arrogant noble, then a bloodthirsty warrior, and since he hit JPM 1, he's a very controlled Jedi type personality. I love 'im. Probably too powerful for his party though, I mean, really, who needs a 43 AC at level 9?

Azathanil Ruskind (D&D 3.5) Uncanny Forethought-based Wizard 1: Tiefling with flashes of outer-realms fed insight, and terrible dreams, with admirable conjuration skills, even at level 1. Mechanically, his schtick is "how spontaneous can I get the wizard to be".

Zal Dret (Pathfinder): Vivesectionist/Preserverationist Alchemist 1: Truly, truly evil butchery doctor. Can't wait to start RPing this guy.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-08-17, 04:43 PM
Gragnuk Sparkblade: Lawful Good Half-Orc Duskblade. Bodyguard to a Gnoll Shaman, battle-bound to an uppity Rogue that likes to hide in trees and comrade to a Dragonborn Fighter and drunken dwarven monk. Has nearly been eaten by a large dragon, a large python and an animated witches cauldron. He has personally saved the life of every party member; halfing bard that nearly got crushed by falling stairwell was pulled to safety, defeated an ooze that was slowly digesting the fighter and monk (engulfed), poured a potion down the throat of the rogue after failing to disable a trap and who was at -9 HP and kept a hellhound from eating the face of the shaman.

He may have aspiriations to be a Paladin. :smallamused:

If he ever becomes a paladin, just change the source of his duskblade spells to divine and keep going duskblade. Simple, effective, no vague-but-strict code. Going to paladin would slow his power advancement greatly.

comicshorse
2012-08-17, 05:21 PM
Michael Penhaligon/ Caernos (Changeling) A university lecturer in Medieval Literature, Michael went insane when his wife was abducted into Arcadia in front of him. His mind snapped and he became convinced he was actually a Arthurian Knight, a delusion that served him rather well when he was himself taken by the Huntsman.
Now returned as a Stag Beastkin Caernos has adapted well to life as a Changeling even recovering his true mind after an encounter with his wife's Fetch. A member of the Spring Court Caernos finds his knew life to be all that he dreamt of, and more, as a child obsessed with Arthurian mythology. The fact the more is war and the risk of madness he finds to be an acceptable sacrifice for the wonders he now knows.

Ajax of the Black Claws (Shifter Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/War Shaper 4/Were Touched Master 5/ Primeval 1)
Born in the urban ruins of the Fallen in Sharn Ajax has a very simple, indeed primal, approach to life. He is content for the rest of the group to decide the missions and do the heavy lifting (thinking wise) as long as he gets paid well. He is vaguely aware that their adventuring group may be part of some prophecy to save Eberron but fundamentally all he needs to know is who to hit.

Lorenzo de Paglia (Old Vampire) A fifth generation (yes thats right) Nosferatu. Lorenzo has spent the last 400 hundred years making obscene amounts money, surviving and seeking any opportunity to get one over on the Toreador clan (buying much of Paris off them was high point).
He has also spent the that time nodding every time his Lasombra coterie mate told him about the threat of the Antedeluvians and completely ignoring her. Until a hundred years ago one of their minions tried to kill him. Now he and the rest of his equally powerful coterie are debating how to stop the antedeluvians rising again and seriously considering nuking Boston ( which is only their third most desperate plan)

Sir Caradoc Erring ( Pendragon) A loyal knight, with his own lands, loyal friends and a great reputation, particulalrly for dealing with Faeries everything is perfect for Caradoc. Apart from his little sister who has magic powers and uses them at every opportunity, his father who is paranoid and forgetful and the fact he is utterly in love with his own step mother.

Alexander Dunsiryn (Victorian Vampire) A gruff, hard boiled police Inspector. Alexander is dedicated to the punsihing of the guilty and the protection of the British Empire and the city of London. It would all be much easier if not fro the fact that as Clan Giovanni absolutely nobody trusts him.

Eldonauran
2012-08-17, 05:27 PM
If he ever becomes a paladin, just change the source of his duskblade spells to divine and keep going duskblade. Simple, effective, no vague-but-strict code. Going to paladin would slow his power advancement greatly.

Power advancement? Bah! :smallwink:

I'm already working on a plan to convert the prestige paladin to support my character. :smallbiggrin:

Hylas
2012-08-17, 06:09 PM
Pathfinder
Solthyl Naizaani - Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator Archetype)
He's an agent of the Emperor trying to reunite the empire after the fall. The deity system in this setting is that there was a split in the church and while all of the gods have the same name and general concepts, one church has their alignments flipped. So the good god of the sun which nurtures and causes growth became the evil god of the sun which scorches the land, the god of the moon went from evil undead to good undead destroying, the god of secrets became the god of diplomacy, the god of ruin became the god of civilization, and so on.

Solthyl is super lawful and follows the god of diplomacy. He will never betray the Empire, the church, his family, or his companions (in that order). His family runs a winery outside of the imperial capital and while he was okay at it (high wisdom and a single point in the profession) he really got into the church because of the long history his family has with it. You see, his grandparents were expelled from their elven homeland due to the church split and them being some of the very few that followed the changed religion. However, due to having to adventure with members of the other church for a dungeon run, he's beginning to question his faith and wondering if it is indeed the correct interpretation of the gods.

His biggest quirk is that once he agrees to do something he'll do it no matter what. He has a few minor ones like he doesn't like mushrooms in his food and tends to use big words and no contractions, but they don't really come up.

OverdrivePrime
2012-08-17, 10:47 PM
Just started playing again after a year+ of DMing for my group! :smallbiggrin:

Orion Alesworn [Pathfinder Ranger (guide)] (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=432487)

Orion was found in the woods by his adopted parents. As Masdi and Unther, a childless couple in their 50s, walked through the forest on their usual mushroom gathering route, they heard bubbling giggles and happy squeals right where they'd normally sit down to picnic. There, in the small clearing sat a healthy human toddler, waving his hands at butterflies and laughing. When the two approached, the little boy quieted, then rushed to hug Masdi's legs with a happy squeal. The boy was richly clothed in dyed leather and wool, and wore a little backpack embroidered with the name 'Orion'.

Masdi scooped up the boy, and Unther opened the pack to find a gourd of milk, a small silk pouch of gems, a flask of ale, a small wheel of cheese and a bouquet of trillium - Masdi's favorite. Simple, but no one's fools, the couple realized that the boy had been left for them by the fey. Believers of the old ways, and never quite recovered from the ache of childlessness, the couple took little Orion in and raised him as their own.

As the years passed, Orion grew tall and strong, quick of wit and radiating a vibrant health and vigorous love of life. His parents brought him back to the forest often, feeling that he should be connected to it and wanting the hidden fey to see that young Orion was faring well in their care.

15 years passed and Orion - always connected to the forest and its creatures - had begun to work as a guide through it's most dangerous parts, protecting travelers from their own inexperience and protecting the forest from blundering mortals. He befriended the few brazen fey who would show their faces to mortals and learned much of the secret ways of the old ones.

As the years passed, his parents grew elderly and despite all of his own vitality, he could not save them from the creeping hand of time. With a heavy heart, he returned them to the earth and commending their home and possessions to the fey. As he said his last blessings, his parents house and all their things gently melted away into flowers, butterflies and birds.

Now, some years later, Orion walks the world with the heart of a ranger and the gentle purpose of his adoptive parents. He has reconciled the fact that his body is made for battle and his spirit is made to shelter. As a wilderness warrior he acts as a guardian of the pure lands and a protector of the innocent and defenseless. Or at least he did, until the world shattered apart four months ago.

Now he seeks to find the shards of his home and to learn how to heal the broken land. Perhaps this band of adventurers will be able to help him in his quest...

Remmirath
2012-08-17, 11:34 PM
I am in three campaigns at the moment, with a fourth one set to start fairly soon (but I haven't made my character for that one yet). Nearly all of my characters, however, are in one of the first two campaigns. Mostly in the first.

[i]D&D 3/D20 Modern Campaign:

Vexielzethix (http://familylees.net/morgan/vex.html), Paragon Adult Tarterian Dragon Assassin 10/Fighter 7: Vexielzethix is a part of a family of Tarterian dragons who ruled Colothys. He is now the last of his family, but due to one party member drawing Ruin from a very souped-up Deck of Many Things, he no longer has a palace to call home. Vex is, to be blunt, insane; he often thinks that he is being haunted by the ghosts of his dead friends (he isn't), doesn't see the world quite right, and is a bit of a sociopath on top of it. He joined the party because they rescued him from the Infernal-god who had taken over his plane for a time, but stayed to fight the menace to the multiverse.

Vedreth Zarkamidan (http://familylees.net/morgan/vedreth.html), Paragon Grey Elf Fast 10/Gunslinger 10/Soldier 10/Musketeer 5/Shadow Slayer 10: Vedreth was the - well, an - illegitimate son of the Archmage of Avenin, who was a despotic lich. He had been getting by in the city by stealing and attempting to foment revolution, but ended up being chased by the guard and falling through a portal to Earth. Through his time on Earth he ended up being a Musketeer, a privateer, a bloody pirate, and eventually a hitman working for his uncle Alondiar. Vedreth currently resides in Italy, despite retaining a loyalty to France, because he likes the food and climate better. He joined the party mostly on a lark, and sometimes regrets it - but he knows he can't turn back now. He is on a bit of a hair trigger.

Ithenrael (http://familylees.net/morgan/ith.html), Grey Elf Sorcerer 66 - Ithenrael and his party were originally the first group I played in Baldur's Gate, and in this campaign, that means that his backstory is similar to what you might expect but somewhat different. He grew up in a small temple-school of Oghma near the city of Baldur's Gate, where he met Retgar Nyatar and Gadragk Zarn as well as his other former party members who are all dead. His mother was Semylanthe, a priestess of Bhaal, and his adoptive father Hectagarn was a respected priest in the temple. After Hectagarn was murdered, he and his friends set out and had adventures and all that, only to be beaten to the goal by Cl'dest. He and his party settled down more or less as a mercenary group working out of Retgar's castle. They ran into the party at the Feast of Eyes tournament, and haven't looked back since. Ithenrael has often wavered between neutral and evil, and has delusions of grandeur.

Lord Retgar Nyatar (http://familylees.net/morgan/retgar.html), Half-Elf Fighter 68 - Retgar Nyatar is the son of Lord Geranien Nyatar (now deceased) and Lady Evriayle, an elven bard. He was sent to the local temple of Oghma for schooling when he was young, and met Ithenrael there. He joined the party at the same time as the rest of the group did, although he was the one they approached intially. Retgar is somewhat mad, is aware of this fact, and wishes it wasn't so. He collects the journals and writings of various dead madmen, believing this to be quite a cunning thing to do.

Gadragk Zarn (http://familylees.net/morgan/gadragk.html), Human Barbarian 66 - Gadragk Zarn comes from Luskan originally, and has never looked back since leaving it save to perhaps spit in its general direction. He wandered around as a mercenary for quite some time before being hired by Lord Geranien Nyatar as a master of arms, and later being assigned by the same Lord Nyatar as a bodyguard to his son. That is why Gadragk went along with Ithenrael's group, and also why he joined the party. Gadragk mostly enjoys cracking heads, but he is also the only one if their little group who has a head for strategy, and he ends up spending a good deal of his time trying to keep the others in line. He is the most lawful barbarian one is likely to see who is still a barbarian.

Zor'taj Chaon-Ka (http://familylees.net/morgan/zortaj.html), Paragon Githyanki Wilder 40 - Zor'taj Chaon-Ka comes from the dead desert world of Gath'kar, which floats in the Astral Sea and was ravaged by a red dragon god who he made a poor bargain with in the distant past. Zor'taj had been travelling the planes for a good three thousand years adventuring, gathering power, and looking for a way to redeem his honour and to redeem himself in the eyes of his people. He joined the party because he believes that their goals are worthy. He is a bit quirky - some might say mad - but he would say that he simply has a different outlook on life than many. He currently resides in Sigil.

Segrinarix (http://familylees.net/morgan/segri.html), Great Wyrm Battle Dragon Legendary Dreadnought 9 - Segrinarix is an ancient dragon who has lived on Earth for close to the last 1900 years, in and around Germany. He had a (very small) part in the sacking of Rome, and has led many armies. He is now part of a plan by himself and several other ancient dragon generals to take over the world and bring war back to what he considers a more noble state. To this end, he has been actively cultivating a 're-enactment' force. He believes himself to be quite modern now, because he wears a trenchcoat, listens to modern music, and owns a computer. Segri is a fairly jovial sort, and aside from the taking-over-the-world thing, fairly well-balanced.

GUSTAV 890X224B (http://familylees.net/morgan/gus.html), Killer Robot Strong 10/Archaic Weaponsmaster 10/Soldier 10/Tough 3/Fast 3/Holy Knight (of Ken) 5/ Shadow Slayer 10 - The GUSTAV started as a joke character back when the campaign was new, a killer robot who had broken out of a lab, killed his creator, and was now searching for a great magnetic fault because he thought there was a prophecy concerning it. It has since become a very long-running character in the party, and although quite a bizarre one, a sort of serious one. Its hobbies include playing online games and using Photoshop to nefarious ends. The GUSTAV is currently dead, but since it was backed up recently, it will be okay.

Dhenazir Bazloros (http://familylees.net/morgan/dhenazir.html), Human Lich Cleric 53 - Dhenazir Bazloros is a lich-priest of Helm who became a lich because he believed that he would be able to do more good to his people that way. He couldn't, in fact, and he at this point deeply regrets the evil deeds he did at that point in his life and is seeking redemption. He is currently dead, but his phylactery is fine, so he will be okay.

Aztoradiriax (http://familylees.net/morgan/astrid.html), Wyrm Copper Dragon Barbarian 14 - Aztoradiriax, who more commonly goes by Astrid, is an ancient copper dragon who has been living on Earth for close to 1100 years. She spent much of that time raiding and plundering and generally being a bit of an evil warlord, but over the past several hundred years has come around (partly due to intervention from her paladin brother). She is a fun-loving sort, has a hobby of writing novels, and is a little worried by how desperate things are for the continued state of the multiverse. She has lived in Iceland for most of her life, and is tangentially a part of the dragon plot.

Anzegarnox (http://familylees.net/morgan/ansgar.html), Wyrm Copper Dragon Paladin 14 - Anzegarnox, who more commonly goes by Ansgar, is an ancient copper dragon who has been living on Earth for close to 1100 years. He is a paladin who was a part of the Knights Templar, and has been living around Germany and Austria for his whole life (with an ill-fated excursion into France at one point). He is Segrinarix's lieutenant, and so is fairly involved in the dragon scheme, but his intention is to make sure no ill will come of it. Despite what one tends to expect of a copper dragon, Ansgar is a serious and reserved type. He is not pleased by the amount of evil people there are in the party, but to save the multiverse, he is willing to work with the useful ones until that goal is accomplished. He places a much stronger emphasis on doing good than upholding the law, and it is possible this will get him into trouble some day.

Vivikyr Sethras (http://familylees.net/morgan/vivikyr.html), Dunmer Fighter 48/Sorcerer 18 - Vivikyr was the first character I played in Morrowind, and has that general backstory affixed to him. After the events of the game, he went off into distant lands and ended up experimenting with various spells. He was contacted by Relvinar (a deceased character of mine) and convinced that the fight the party is going up against was one that needed all the help it could get, and so he joined. He is a fairly quiet and soft-spoken type, and has a fair amount of guilt over events that happened on his own world after he disappeared.

Deryanxalxivur (http://familylees.net/morgan/deryan.html), Wyrm Blue Dragon Ranger 18 - Deryanxalxivur is an ancient blue dragon who has been living on the Earth for around 1100 years. She originated in Wales, and ended up becoming a part of Astrid's conquering army for a long time. She is not quite as reformed as Astrid, but is working on it. She has a sardonic sense of humor and does not get along particularly well with Ansgar. She is, in a somewhat questionable choice of a dragon, an archer.

MERP Campaign:

Sebrindir (http://familylees.net/morgan/seb.html), Sinda Elf Warrior 1 - Sebrindir is a fairly naive young elf who has so far not had a very good run of luck. He is convinced that the party is being chased by a vampire, and has nearly died from being bitten in the back by a ghoul. He is a better warrior than others in the party think he is, but not so good as he would like to be. He is more scared of current events than he would like to admit.

Nadharja (http://familylees.net/morgan/nadharja.html), Haradrim Warrior 1 - Nadharja is one of the best warriors in the party, and thinks that she is surrounding by weaklings and fools. Despite herself, she has come to like and even respect some of them, and so she stays around and tries to keep them from getting themselves killed. She generally keeps to herself and is a person of few words.

Léonir, Rohir Warrior 1 - Léonir left her homelands because she is in debt, and needs to work up a good sum of money before she feels she can show her face again. She's not sure that will ever happen now, because she was wounded by an evil blade and is slipping into the shadow realm. Before this incident, she was a cheerful and happy-go-lucky sort, but has been more distant and withdrawn of late.

Charlton "Chuck" Northtook, Hobbit Scout 1 - Chuck is an explorer, and is a very boastful and gregarious person. He spends half the time exploring, and the other half sitting in the inn with his feet up on the table eating or smoking. He is an infernally lucky character, and he knows he is lucky; this will likely eventually result in his death. He tends to stick his nose where it doesn't belong, and can be a bit annoying.

D&D 3.5 Campaign:

Nephrizl, Human Cleric 2 - Nephrizl is the last of a long line of guardians, and has been helping the party because it is her duty as foretold by the prophecy. She is not entirely happy about this, because the first she saw of them they were killing her guard dinosaurs and smashing down the door to her library. Still, she hopes that they will accomplish their place in the prophecy, and so she helps them.

Totally Guy
2012-08-18, 02:33 AM
I'm playing a guy called Rufus Wedderburn in a Burning Wheel campaign.

He arrived in Brecht as a servant to a merchant called Javitz. He planted the idea in Javitz's head that he should be on the council and that he would be his advisor and he'd get him there.

The founder of the Free City of Brecht is the other player character called Jakub. We played against each other at first with me trying to elevate Javitz onto his council by framing another member for a crime.

At the same time that Javitz started becoming wicked and dangerous Jakub promised Rufus greater power if he stopped serving Javitz and instead aided him. So that's the dynamic we've got now.

The character is quite driven, he wants to establish a university in brecht so that academics such as him would have a better life than he's had. He wants to earn his own respect by atoning for the crime of framing the councillor. He also wants to learn magic as he has the gift required to do so, he needs to demonstrate that he will not abuse it to his sorcerous mentor.

He's a bald guy with big sideburns. He used to wear a tailcoat but it was lost when we stumbled upon a house of the undead.

Milo v3
2012-08-18, 08:03 AM
I've currently got a few characters I'm playing:

Ashley Vander - Umbra
A teenaged boy with fast reflexes and good book smarts. Taken by Umbra as a child, he was broken into a husk and then rebuilt as a near mindless servant. He was trained to operate a relatively small mech known as Aniketos with perfect precision and skill.

But because of the acts of a renegade agent of Umbra he escaped. Slowly Ashley regained a personality.

He is currently on the run from Umbra with a small group of renegade Umbra agents.

The setting is the real world.
All his team members are super powered.
All those chasing him have futuristic tech or are super powered.
He only has his mech.

Moros - Lords of Creation
Appearing as a hollow orb made of writhing and ever shifting tendrils, Moros is the god of Darkness, Misery, and Doom. With his touch, he twists existance into a perversion. He only gains joy from one thing, the suffering and hate of others.

Varden - Shards of Terna
A small spikey haired mage. Within his grasp lies the power to bend souls to his will. Under the guise of a helpful mage he is trying to locate the murderer of his parents and his childhood friend, an Imp named Ronove. In doing so he became a vile villian, but must work to remain undetected, lest he befall the fate of his parents.

In appearance, he looks like Terumi from Blazblue once he has activated his Azure Grimoire. His familiar is Ouroboros, a toxic serpent which can be recalled to his hands with but a thought.

Lentrax
2012-08-18, 08:18 AM
I have a couple of characters I am running right now. But only one has thus far been entertainng enough to talk about.

Fulgora(Mage): For obvious reasons, she will never give you her true name. But she will tell you about the important work she is doing at Fermilab in Chicago. A lot. In fact, she is so engrossed with her work, she never noticed for a long time, she was fueling her research with magic. And it shows in her papers, none of which have ever been published.

But she keeps trying. She even tries to use her looks to 'help things along.' But if you ever make a serious move on her she has a taser that packs the power of Zeus waiting for you.

Erik Vale
2012-08-20, 06:58 PM
I play heroes, so for simplicity I will only cover the main ones I have, as well as my other actives.

Heroes:
Alex Ghostwalker: Teleporting scout who is preferential to ogres throwing spears. Not great for much beyond finding things, moving the party about and slaughtering mooks though. Very great at teleportation though. Means of teleportation innate as part of his being, so he is also the parties wizard for detect magic.
Now carries more magical items than is good for him, had to buy off his fall unconcious in the presence of extremely powerful magic.

Alen Manyworks: Enchanter Extrodinaer. Nuff Said.

Adeg ? (Adding Latter, can't remember): Knight of soundren. Different to palidens in that he doesn't know any magic, but a martialartist extrodinaer, using sword sheild and lance. Also has a mindlinked warhorse in better armour. Damn money.

Forum Games on this:
Onyx 3- Argyle: Sparten part of a covert black opps with a love for ellectronics and AI's, carrying around two. Also master tactician and skilled acrobat, using jump and jetpacks to get in odd places.
(D20)

Morn Ania: Warlock bound in a heat of the moment deal to save herself and family in a family trade caravan. Owes a boon to 'Mr Twist', and is currently working to recheive fame and renknown in order to spite her family members and towns decision to banish her.
'Mr Twist' will be using the boon to usurp controll of anything Morn takes latter, and currently tortures her at night with nightmares.
(DnD)

Margus: Urban Ranger and Halfelf, Despises his lighthearted elf heritage and has taken to being a burgler, often a violent one, with an owl for companionship and a rather potent composet longbow putting holes through opponents.
(DnD)

Kalandor: God of travel and a rather heroic fellow, does what he can to help those he can. Has been dominated by a powerful demon almost killing his friends after saving his sister and her main town, Olm. He just has a landing point.
(Free)

Erik: Personae blessed with the gestalt souls of: Eldrad Ulthran, Aleandrea Datson (PC of NWN2, Warlock Class), Deadpool, Alric the Mad, The Maiden in Black (Deamons Souls NPC), John/117 (Halo).
(Free)

Logic
2012-08-20, 07:10 PM
Right now, I am playing Martin Walden, A fighter and an aspiring Knight. He has just learned that two of his party have ambitions to unite the land into a kingdom, and are likely to entreat into a political marriage.

My character has a great deal of loyalty to these two, more so than any other members of the party.

At the moment, he desires only a knighthood, justice for the land, and eventually a home and small castle of his own.

HKR
2012-08-20, 08:00 PM
I only play one character currently in a Pathfinder Campaign.

Iomed [Human (Varisian) Rogue lvl. 7]

Named In honor of Iomedae - goddess of justice and honor - Iomed turned out a huge dissapointment to his parents as he preferred a carreer as a pirate/smuggler and became a notorious gambler. His first years in the smuggling business went pretty well and he aqcuired his own ship and considerable wealth as well as a lovely wife. However his gambling addiction soon got out of hand and got him into trouble. He owed a considerable amount of money to a powerful pirate lord. As there was no hope of him ever being able to pay up the pirate lord took his ship and enslaved his wife, leaving Iomed a broken man.

In spite of these sad events Iomed managed to maintain his cheerful nature.
He is ashamed of his past, though and is very secretive about it. Whenever asked about his history he spontaneously makes up a crazy story that almost everyone immediatly figures out to be a blatant lie. However these stories can be pretty entertaining, so usually people don´t dig deeper.

Iomeds goals are to become a better man and someday rescue his wife. As of yet he has no plan how to achieve this other than amassing money and power. He quit his gambling habit, because he realized it to be the main cause of his downfall. Over the course of the campaign so far he has developed sort of a conscience and became more gentle and merciful.
He´s still a scoundrel though and doesn´t miss out on an opportunity to make some quick money.

Magic Myrmidon
2012-08-20, 09:51 PM
Geeze. Those are some high levels, Remmirath. And most of them are epic. Must have taken a while to build those.

I'm playing a lot of characters. Counting off the top of my head, there's... 10, probably more. But some have more depth play than others. My likely favorites are:

Alrich Gedlin (3.5): He's a level 14 dervish based off of intelligence and dex rather than strength. He's basically adventurer incarnate, loving to travel, find interesting things, do crazy stunts, and to help random people with quests. He loves everything about the lifestyle, right down to risking your life every day. He's almost always friendly to everyone, and often exchanges banter with the enemies as he fights them. He's particularly fond of doing flashy things with his balance, tumble, and jump skills, like running up the arms of a giant enemy, cutting all the way, then finishing with a double frontflip on the things head, stabbing down.

Echworightortechter (Ech for short, 3.5): A no-nonsense drow wizard who believes magic should be used practically, rather than for crazy things like the owlbear or panthercorn. The whole idea of "a wizard did it" is the reason he goes adventuring: to prove that not every wizard is a scatterbrained nutcase who is one spell away from tearing the world, time, and space apart with one spell.

Asako Kazama (L5R): Kazama is a rather blasphemous shugenja. He doesn't believe in most of the ways of Rokugan. He thinks the Gozoku had the right idea, and seeks to make them come back into power. He tries to hide his true beliefs lest he be killed, and has been successful so far. Unfortunately, he is most likely doomed to fail, but it's fun to play him.

eggs
2012-08-20, 10:33 PM
Active games (scheduled weekly times and such):

Jorgus Kreen (D&D3e) - Goblin Artificer, formerly a slave on Mechanus, who will solve anything with spider robots, magical traps and spell turrets. Anything. Was dealing arms to a guerrilla group opposing the formians until [the plot/gods disappearing/mysterious ice demon invasion] interfered.

Finneas Steele (Cortex pretending to be Blue Planet) - A mild-mannered geologist with a history of indirect relations to an ecoterrorist group. There might one or two major characters in the game who haven't kicked the **** out of him for one reason or another. Maybe. He's basically the driver, though he has some mining skills and suspiciously near-sabotage skills that haven't come up yet.

Ongoing characters in games that we pick up sporadically:

Dirk Nebulon, Moon Man (Starblazer Adventures) - The aspiring Big Damn Pulp Hero, forever grappling the ineffable mystery of where the space babes are at. The game's been an on-again-off-again kind of a deal for a couple years; every once in a while, we pick it up for a hoot, fail to finish an adventure, and set the game back down for a few more months.

Mary Hersh (Dust Devils) - Frontier doctor's widow-turned-bounty killer (with a bit of extracurricular "justice" thrown in for good measure) with a head for medicines, an eye for manipulation and underhanded dealings and a wake of mysterious deaths. Another game with sporadic activity, but we at least we finished some characters' story arcs. Mary's the only of the initial cast still alive, so I get the feeling this break might be the end, even if it gets brought up as a game option every now and then.

Zelphas
2012-08-20, 11:19 PM
I'm currently DMing three games at once, but I'm also set to take part in 2 upcoming games. Here are my characters for them:

Falath Truthseeker: Changeling Swordsage 1. True Neutral. Obsessed with the concept of "truth", to the point where he doesn't put up a disguise when out in public.

Faedaean: Human Sorcerer 8/Paladin 7. Originally a hedon (homebrew creature made by my brother; essentially, a creature of nightmares), Faedaean was sent out by the evil God of Nightmares to find allies/worshippers in the Material Plane. He polymorphed himself into a human and added permanency to it to avoid notice. After he reached the Material Plane, he went native, attracted by the good deeds of the paladins and their healing arts.

I'm really looking forward to playing these characters, but I think I see a theme between the two...

WitchSlayer
2012-08-21, 12:49 AM
Going down the line

4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons
Frost, the Avenger of Nusemnee

Frost is a snake-man, he was born in a city that was built on the corpse of the goddess he now worships, taken in by the church of Nusemnee. He's become an ordained priest and headed off to adventure after some Zehir cultists killed some innocent people. He's struggled with his identity as a priest vs his identity as a holy assassin. As it turns out being an Avenger of the goddess of second chances? Kind of difficult. He's been feeling like he's been in over his head mentally for a while, but still keeps swinging his axe at the people who need destroying. Recently he actually got a few followers, two vampire priests who took over a chapel and corrupted it along with an entire town of vampires. The rest of the townspeople were killed more or less. Second time he's REALLY given a second chance.

FATE: Homebrew setting
Johnathan Daniel Exley, bartender, cane fighter, pianist

Mr. Exley lives on a world called Homba, although calling it a world is a bit of a misnomer, it is somewhat more of an island. Basically in this setting there is no real space, there's atmosphere all the way up and there are several floating islands that inhabit this area. The setting and the empty space is called "Wild Blue Yonder." He's not too good of a pilot but he can maneuver his way around social situations like a master, currently he is a valuable member of a makeshift skypirate/mercenary group. A more abrasive and wonderful character to play I have not yet found, I could go on with stories about him but I'd be rambling on forever. Currently he's heading to Prole (Basically 50's Russia where your family is the factory you work at) to steal some parts to make a plane robot for the techie of the crew.

And now for... The FFG40k Trifecta!

Rogue Trader
Darrius Yorke Corrino II, Navigator and ALMOST king of bad ideas.

Darrius is me playing the character who does the things that you're really tempted to do that you resist because you know it might smell doom. He's a complete hedonist, drunkard, druggie, skilled at his craft but not really the wisest person on the crew. He is a character that... Well, we encountered a mask that apparently held a god and, without a second thought, he put it on.

Not just once either, he put it on again later, temporarily gained godpowers and nearly died and lost his face for the effort. Currently on an undiscovered Feudal World where he briefly contacted the Emperor.

Black Crusade
Batu Enq AKA Havelock Shanks, former Rampager and loyal space marine

Batu is a very sad character. Years after years after years of war and it all sort of blend together. The whole smiting thing began to stagnate. Until eventually him and his battlebrothers came to a planet to fight some Nurglites. Now, Batu has had a companion for quite a while, a page of sorts, a then young man he pulled from a planet after the man had proven his bravery, he has been a constant friend to him. During the Nurglite attack one of his battlebrothers tried to use his page as a distraction to escape, so he shot his battlebrother and then surrendered. Now he's on a prison ship that got stuck in the warp after the navigator was killed and they're trying to find a way to get control, among other things. Also he tells the future. Psyker and all.

Dark Heresy: ASCENDED
Wolfe Lexani, Magos of the Lathes and most reasonable and 'human' character in the group

Wolfe is a character who I didn't think would be entertaining for as long as he was. He's a pretty normal guy (for a tech priest), he loves the simple things in life, he recently sent a love letter to a Skitarii knight of a planet they had saved from a very very evil AI. Surprisingly well balanced and reasonable considering all he's been through. Big fan of Lathe blades and regular subscriber to Lathe blade monthly. Also he has more skills, talents, implants, and traits than I can ever manage to remember. Ascension after all.

And last but not least

Mage: The Awakening
Sophia Knight, nun, necromancer, voodoo priestess, agent of the Guardians of the Veil and the one with the most raw magical power of the cabal

Sophia is.. interesting. Originally I thought the game was a one shot first of all and secondly I kind of indulged a little bit in wank. You see a long time ago I made this massive family with lots of history called the Knight family and I have used them in almost every World of Darkness or Call of Cthulhu game since. They are an absolute joy to play and I love indulging. Anyway, the Mage game is actually coming to an end pretty soon. Through it she has lost and gained her sanity, seen Jesus, summoned fifty zombies to fight special forces, accidentally summoned an Acamoth and killed it with a car, killed an Exalted also with a car, become an archmage, killed a weird super psychic alien living womb thing with a shadowy rapier, during her archmage becoming resisted the temptations of the Abyss in one shot and just drove on past, became friends with a Deathlord, acquired Composure 6, became friends with a vampire who turned someone into a chair and also LOVES the Beach Boys, tore out someone's soul, melted someone's flesh off, and made approximately a billion salami sandwiches for herself.

And now she faces a powerful Abyssal entity and the curse of an entire city, as well as the coming apocalypse.

Bring it on. She doesn't care. She has composure 6.

Krazzman
2012-08-21, 01:17 AM
I'm playing in two semi-parallel 3.5 campaigns (under the same DM).

In the first one I'm playing a Human Warlock 6 that focused on staying alive, being able to see everything be it invisible or not and blast things from afar. He is personallywise a bit lazy... if they would meet their sins he would be visited by sloth (if he shows up) and pride. He has a pretty good undestanding of magical devices and normally tries to live by luck.

The second one: I'm playing an Untherian Human Warblade 2 atm. He runs around in a Breastplate and has a MW (Composite +4) Longbow [just found it recently] else he whacks things with his greatsword or his spiked chain. He is a great deal more motivated than my warlock. He searches for the hidden temples of the disciplines: Diamond Mind and Iron Heart and so far just helps out getting rid of a Kobold investation in some backwater port town.

Wyntonian
2012-08-21, 01:33 PM
Torin Fenris is a Werewolf 2/Werewolf Lord 6/Warshaper 4//(SL Totem) Barbarian 2/Fighter 4/Frenzied Berserker 6. 45 str when he's in combat mode, raging, frenzied and shifted into hybrid form. He was living in the woods as an animal, a legend to the communities nearby, who would send a "destined hero" to kill him every couple generations before he was chosen by Heironeus (spelling?) for a suicide mission comprised of fallen and demonic creatures seeking redemption.

Charles Butterfly is a half-orc cleric of Desna in a Pathfinder Carrion Crown campaign. He's friends with a little gnome wizard. He's still figuring out the whole eloquence thing, much to the disdain of his fellow half-orc, a loquacious and sesquipedalian preacher.

MachineWraith
2012-08-21, 04:18 PM
Commodore Victor Blackwell (Rogue Trader): The Commodore was once a respected commander of ships in the Imperial Navy, but through the machinations of his more politically skilled rivals was discharged. The only reason he's alive is that some of his friends pulled strings to keep him from being executed.

Now he serves upon the Stahlwolf in service of Lord Captain Adler Eisenherz as a very skilled pilot and second-in-command. Personally responsible for the deaths of thousands of the enemies of the Imperium, he is a stern and unforgiving man. His most recent point of pride is the killing of Warboss Nagbash on a planet called Ritammeron. The Warboss was leading a continental WAAAGH! against the forces of the Stahlwolf, so Cdre. Blackwell flew his guncutter in and promptly shot him to pieces.

In the last session, the Commodore and party narrowly escaped death at the hands of a monstrosity engineered by a Tzeentchian sorceror. This sorceror had planned on genetically mutating a slave into a beast that was the physical equivalent of a Daemon Prince, then permanently swapping minds with the creature, achieving a sort of artificial Princedom. The crew barely escaped from the undersea station with their lives, then simply dropped the station into the endless oceans of the planet, watching to make sure nothing escaped before it hit crush depth.

Baal (Pathfinder): In a slightly adapted Kingmaker setting, there is a feudal Japan-inspired Lawful Evil empire across the ocean from where the campaign takes place. Baal is a Hungerseed Tiefling Samurai who was run out of the country after murdering the son of a nobleman in what he claims was a fair duel over a woman. He is very touchy about his past, and will not even do so much as give his full name to those who ask. He is dedicated to the rule of law, and believes that all people and things have their place and purpose in life.

Baal has recently earned the ire of some of his fellow party members for executing several bandits that had been captured earlier that day. For Baal, it is very simple. Those men were bandits, without honor, and the punishment under the law for banditry is death, by rope or sword. Having no skill with the tying of a hangman's noose, and believing hanging to be a cowardly method of execution, Baal coup de gras'd each of the men in turn with his katana. When we last left off, he was riding separate from the group after a hot argument over whether he had acted rightly.

Despite his skill with a sword, Baal's favored weapon is the tetsubo, a solid iron club wielded in two hands, with numerous spikes towards the striking end. His sword is only drawn for duels and executions.

Logic
2012-08-21, 08:27 PM
I forgot one of my favorites:

(Game is on hiatus while the DM is out of town, it is a homebrew Rifts-like system where nearly anything goes.)

Althed Griffon, call-sign Ironsides: Ace pilot that has survived over 20 dogfights that should have killed him, he has a reputation with the enemy for being un-killable. His fighter has taken damage several times that should have forced a bailout or destroyed it, his quick thinking and expert piloting skills has brought him home on a multitude of occasions.

Althed is also a werewolf, unbeknownst to most of his colleagues.

Exediron
2012-08-22, 04:21 PM
My character count is actually abnormally low right now, seeing as we're currently engaged in a massive battle at the end of a long and bloody campaign which has left many of my long-runners dead on the battlefield. As of this writing, these are the characters I am playing in our primary game of D&D. I don't feel like typing up the others; they are... Newbie.

[WARNING: The following is quite long]

(Characters are presented in order of the current initiative - mostly)

Moirielle, Lady of the Frozen Mirror - Female leShay Goddess
Moirielle is a leShay goddess of time, magic and war. The party encountered her during their recent exploration of the Tower of Kron, freeing her from her prison on the ninth level. After a brief fight during which each side nearly destroyed the other, Moirielle agreed to work with the group for so long as it is convenient for her.

As one of the Old Gods, Moirielle pre-dates the current multiverse. She arranged for her own imprisonment in a stasis vessel to escape the destruction of her race at the end of the last multiverse. Her agenda is currently unknown to the characters, but she has charged them with gathering new followers for her in exchange for whatever slight help she deigns to throw their way. Moirielle bears a particular enmity to Azakoth, an Elder God associated with the cycle of time, destruction and renewal.

Vidicus Kron - Male Elf Wizard
Vidicus Kron, leader of the Order of Kron, is an ancient and powerful time traveling elven diviner who foresaw the End of Times and traveled back a thousand years to set up a series of magical nodes in an attempt to stop it. Along with his order, he discovered an incredibly ancient and powerful device known only as The Artifact, said to be an option of last resort left behind by the Gods of this age when they created the prison which houses the Terrorspawn. The Artifact is capable of re-arranging the planes of existence and time itself as one might arrange the pieces of a puzzle.

Vidicus is happily married to the co-leader of his party, Velistriel Naernaeld. He has spent much of the last thousand years in a time stasis, and as such does not look anywhere near his true age. He is a believer in the power of the Prism, and employs many custom prismatic spells. His greatest personal creation is the Tower of Kron, a colossal stone monolithic tower rising nearly a mile into the air, within which is housed the greatest dungeon known to man.

Illyria - Female Half-leShay Druid
Illyria is an enigmatic druid whom the party encountered on the ninth level of the Tower of Kron. She was trapped as one of three bosses of the level, eternally scheming against the other two for a chance to escape. She succeeded in winning the trust of the party, despite attacking them and losing (she claims this was all according to her plan). After the battle she was taken prisoner, but succeeded in convincing the group to follow her plan for eliminating the other two and freeing herself. She is a descendant of Moirielle.

Illyria identifies closely with birds of prey, and is frequently seen in the shape of a jet black falcon - it was in this form that the party first encountered her. She is very introverted and withdrawn, possibly as a result of her long solitary imprisonment in the Tower. She has developed a fondness for the a fellow half-leShay in the party, but does not seek a romantic relationship and seeks to partner him with a suitable girl of high blood so that she can have a normal friendship with him without fear that he would try to make it something more. This plan is not particularly likely to work.

Fithiriel Firestar - Female Elf Ranger
Fithiriel is a snarky and irreverent young elven ranger; a former Blessed of the Terrorspawn, Fithiriel has betrayed her old masters out of a belief that they have strayed from their true course. She hopes to redeem her own Terrorspawn master while destroying the rest of them.

Fithiriel has a crush on Vexielzethix, and this is one of the reasons she joined the party. With the recent deaths of both of their significant others, Fithiriel hopes that perhaps she and Vex will be able to get together; her complete lack of empathy prevents her from considering that the death of his girlfriend might have left Vex not feeling like leaping into another relationship so soon. Following a battle with the vampire ascendant Vadkith, Fithiriel lost her left arm and now fights only with her right until such time as she can have a new one attached.

Kamiria Kaizerael - Female Elf Fighter
Kamiria is a cheerful young elf from the streets of the great City of Xalodir. She and her friend Aemylea left the city to seek their fortunes elsewhere, and eventually ended up on Earth, in the city of Berlin. The two both joined the party during a recruitment drive; Aemylea later died battling the sorcerer Agazal. Kamiria was killed by the Lich Queen of the Githyanki, but was brought back to life by the resurrection machine on the seventh level of the Tower of Kron.

Kamiria is in a steady relationship with the topaz dragon Thraxaryxen, but is easily distracted by any pretty girl who will give her a moment's attention. She collects rare adventuring gear, and once owned a set of equipment belonging to the draconic bard Draco who attempted to slay her in a hotel. In her spare time she works as a software developer for a major firm in Germany.

Anlair Inaeth - Male Elf Ranger
Anlair Inaeth is the leader of HIT, the organization to which all of the members of the party belong. He was originally encountered as one of the contestants in a tournament being thrown by a powerful lich king. Later, he helped the party slay the lich and rescue the island from its foul dominion. During this battle he was horridly cursed by the dying lich, dramatically reducing his power for a year and a day. The curse also affected his entire family, even those who weren't present.

Anlair is a native of the forest of Tharankirr, a fairly undeveloped and tribal land inhabited by wood elves. Tharankirr has been the subject of invasions and subjugation by their powerful neighbor, the nation of Xalodir, for nearly five hundred years. Anlair - a self-proclaimed Prince of the Forest - fell in love with Ilinya Ximikir, a noble of the Xalodirran imperial house, and seeks to one day marry her with the approval of her brother the emperor. It is possible that this will one day end the aggression between the two nations. Anlair worships the spirits of the great and evil wolves who once inhabited his land; he is often found in cairns constructed from their blackened bones, giving offerings to one of them.

Velistriel Naernaeld - Female Elf Paladin
Velistriel is the co-leader of the Order of Kron and the founder of the Unicorn Guard, an order of paladins devoted to maintaining Vidicus' plan for saving the multiverse. For the last thousand years, Velistriel has slept beneath the Tower of Kron in a magical stasis, awaiting the Heroes of Light (the party). She now travels with them and guards Vidicus as he works to complete the alignment of the Artifact.

Velistriel and Vidicus have been married since the early days of their party, and hope to one day settle down and start a family. Velistriel is a daughter of Bhaal, Lord of Murder, but has completely abandoned that legacy. Velistriel believes that the end she strives for justifies many things, and has suffered many evil elements to work with the Order of Kron in their quest. She strives to maintain purity and honor in her own actions, and trusts that the gods will understand her actions. Although she is willing to fall to save the multiverse, this very dedication to the ideals of good has so far seen that she need not worry. Her closest friend aside from her Partner is Phalion Ebonbane, her half-sister and a knight dedicated to the Plan.

Kerymiyial Firestar - Female Elf Fighter
Kerymiyal is Fithiriel's half-sister, and a Child of Bhaal. She is the last survivor of her adventuring group. Kerymiyal cares about very little other than Kerymiyal, but she is fiercely loyal to her little sister Karylia, believing (falsely) that Karylia needs her protection from many aspects of life. She is also close to her brother Ithenrael, but aside from those two largely views the other Children of Bhaal as threats rather than family.

Kerymiyal largely travels through life as a ship adrift on the sea, letting the waves guide her where they may. She doesn't make plans or have any real goals aside from gaining power and enjoying herself. She was for some time in a romantic relationship with Chyzien, Master of the Dead, before he became pure evil energy and was slain by the Atomic Golems.

Velledalla Ashstorm - Female Elf Cleric
Velledalla is the Chosen of Chratos, a demon god of warfare and strife (and who bears no more relation to Kratos than as a meta-reference). She is a princess of the Alanii people, a nation of elves who once ruled a vast kingdom on their world. About a hundred years ago, the kingdom was wiped out by an invading force known only as 'The Dark Horde'. Velledalla escaped (the only survivor, or so she believed) and hid in an allied kingdom for years. Later, she raised an army of her own and sought to conquer a new kingdom for her people.

Velledalla joined the party along with Xalagad Doomstriker, a dwarven warlord and one-time rival of hers. The two had developed a certain respect for each other during their time as enemies, and after they both lost a battle together against the Dark Horde they fled together. They adventured together for decades before joining the group. Xalagad harbored unrequited romantic feelings for Velledalla, but was killed before he had a chance to make anything more of them. Velledalla is quiet and softspoken, and speaks only in a slightly breathy whisper due to her magical condition; her life force is slowly being eaten by a magical affliction given to her during her last battle with the Dark Horde.

Xibella Ashstorm - Female Elf Fighter
Velledalla's sister, Xibella is the Champion of Chratos and wields the Blade of Chratos, a massive greatsword which was wielded by the demon god himself during his time before ascendency. Xibella is the older of the two sisters, and was already over four hundred years old when they were separated during the destruction of the Alanii kingdom. Xibella has spent the time questing for the source of the Dark Horde, with the goal of finding a way to destroy it and end the magical plague her sister labors under.

Xibella is a quiet elf who is content to blend into the scenery when combat is not engaging her attention. She is very devoted to Velledalla, and does her best to protect her younger sister in all things, although she acknowledges that this is mostly only combat. Loyalty and duty are very important to Xibella, and she often feels frustrated when her group wastes time on side diversions rather than dealing with their main enemies.

Ilinya Ximikir - Female Elf Divine Emissary
Ilinya is the Divine Emissary of the demon god Xalodir and the leader of the Deathknights of Xalodir, the elite religious order dedicated to enforcing the holy law of the demon in His city. She is of the line of Xynizael, one of the three imperial houses of the Xalodirran nation - Xynizael was a Xalodirran commoner who rose to the favor of Xalodir and eventually became emperor by divine mandate, following her conquests of the northern reaches. Although Ilinya serves her god faithfully, she is often at odds with the established clergy of Xalodir, disagreeing with much of their interpretation of the dogma of their god.

Ilinya met Anlair at a grant tournament hosted by the City of Xalodir about a hundred years ago, and gradually developed a romantic relationship with him since. This relationship is approved of by her twin brother Aviyakirr, who is the most important person in Ilinya's life; she considers herself and Aviyakirr to share part of the same soul. Ilinya has been coddled for most of her adult life and is very spoiled. Despite being the unquestioned top fighter in the party, she worries about losing her edge and staying enough ahead of everyone else. She is generous to those safely below herself, but has a tendency to begrudge everything to her rivals. To her friends, Ilinya is typically sweet and nice, as long as they don't get on her bad side.

Vadanya Inaeth - Female Elf Sorcerer
Vadanya is Anlair's oldest sister, and the only member of his family currently in the party. She is a notorious warlord from the forest of Tharankirr, a former member of the Grand Coalition which brought the City of Xalodir to its knees two hundred years ago. She is known as 'The Chainer' to the lizardmen of the southern swamps in memory of their slavery under her during the war. She is obsessed with power, and is always in search of darker magic to further her own ends.

Vadanya is charming in a sociopathic way so long as people play her game, but she is capable of sudden murderous outbursts at the slightest provocation. She views people as amusements to be manipulated or destroyed as suits her whim, and is seemingly incapable of truly caring about another being - the only exception being her older brother, for whom she seems to show some genuine care. She is friends with Ilinya, and is attracted to Aviyakirr. She hates any others who desire the same thing as she does, and reserves a particular malice for the paladin Lorelia Ilibrien, who is also in love with Aviyakirr (or at least Vadanya thinks so).

Viviyanya Ximikir - Female Elf Fighter/Sorcerer
Viviyanya is Aviyakirr's daughter; her mother is the Banner-Marshal Viviyelle Ilid Variyek. She takes after her father greatly in appearance, and looks up to him greatly; in return, she is the center of Aviyakirr's world (after himself, of course) and he is fiercely protective of her. She died about a year ago in a duel with a scion of House Xalvodir, and this scarred Aviyakirr deeply on a psychological level. Even now that she is back, he is still more unpredictable and withdrawn.

Despite the murderous tensions (some coming from her own family) which surrounded her throughout her childhood, Viviyanya is a pleasant and caring elf who tries to improve the lives of others through her own actions. She has a carefree attitude stemming from a confidence that she will always be protected and looked after by those more powerful than she is. Her greatest desire is to see her mother and father back together; she doesn't understand why they split up, as it happened when she was very young. She is very close to Ilinya, who had a large share of her raising - Viviyelle was rarely home to see to it, and Aviyakirr has issues about young children.

Aviyakirr Xalodir - Male Elf Sorcerer
Aviyakirr is Xalodir XXVII, the 27th emperor of Xalodir and acknowledged as the mortal incarnation of the god Xalodir. When he dies, he will become a demigod and an eternal servant of Xalodir in the divine city of the Xalodirran afterlife. Before ascending to the throne, Aviyakirr held the position of Archmage at the Xalodirran Academy of Battle Magic. Born shortly before the War of Tears which saw the sack of the City of Xalodir, Aviyakirr and his twin sister Ilinya survived for decades afterwards living on the streets; this experience hardened Aviykairr and put into him an obsession with personal power - to never be anything but the master of his own fate again.

Aviyakirr is a borderline psychotic narcissist; he is also mildly paranoid. As a master of battle magic, Aviyakirr views himself as unstoppable by any force save for another mage. This attitude often annoys his sister, who believes that she could take him if she had to. They both agree that the other is the only person who possibly comes close to their own power level. Aviyakirr is the center of a complex relationship tangle brought about by his own immense charisma and lack of restraint; he develops infatuations very easily and drops them just as quickly. He is under pressure from the nobility of his city to find a suitable Life Partner to found a new house with, to strengthen the Imperial Line. He is resistant to this notion.

Karylia Ariela - Female Elf Cleric
Karylia is the youngest of the Bhaalspawn, a small and pretty elf who seems perpetually sad. She was once a cleric of Lathandar, dedicated to bringing good and light to the world; she was rejected by her god following her experiences in hell, and was deeply scarred by the rejection. She believes that Lathandar cannot possibly accept her back, and she worships the dead god Bhaal now, seeking to return him to life out of a misguided familial loyalty. She believes strongly that all of the Bhaalspawn are a family in truth, and is very close to her brother Ithenrael and her biological full twin sister Keribrielle.

As the wisest of her siblings, Karylia often acts as a voice of reason amongst the Bhaalspawn. She has recently taken up a quest to seek out and unite all other Bhaalspawn throughout the multiverse, seeking to bring them together so that they may stop slaughtering each other. Due to her youth, perceived delicacy and emotional fragility, Karylia is often overprotected by her siblings and party; it makes her feel unhappy and stifled, but she is too shy to say anything about it. She likes to collect maces, and favors the Volcanic Sceptre of Ruin and Ruinbringer.

Vethallbyn - Male Elf Cleric
Vethallbyn is a founding member of the Order of Kron, and together with Vidicus was responsible for much of the planning which went into their thousand year scheme. He is a high priest of Bhaal, and runs an order of Bhaalists out of his imposing stone fortress. He is very businesslike and focused on the mission. His motives for joining with Vidicus are largely unclear, although he maintains that saving the world from annihilation benefits all, even those devoted to an evil cause such as himself.

Vethallbyn is only truly close to the members of his own order, and remains fairly distant from the others in the party. He respects those who have strong values and stand by them, rather good or evil; he typically likes paladins more than they like him. He sees himself as a sort of shepherd of the Children of Bhaal after having the majority of the living ones dumped into the same group as he. If he can be said to have any actual friends, they would be Vidicus Kron and Vardryn Ashpeak.

Keribrielle Ariela - Female Elf Fighter
Keribrielle is Karylia's twin sister; the two were both adopted into the same house and grew up together. Keribrielle is always very cheerful and upbeat, perhaps in an attempt to maintain the spirits of her more melancholy twin. Karylia is the most important thing in the world to Keribrielle, but she doesn't devote any real worry to protecting her sister - Karylia is by far the more powerful of the two, or at least so Keribrielle thinks. A former party leader, Keribrielle's most recent adventure with the group saw her entire former party dead either in the Tower of Kron or immediately following. Time will tell rather this will have any lasting effect on the young elf.

Keribrielle is a gifted writer and is fond of both creative writing and secretarial work; she is often employed as the group's scribe for this reason. She also possesses a good attitude, and can typically be counted on to present an issue with at least some semblance of balance. Keribrielle has no particular allegiances or groups of association within the party, seeing herself as a more accessible element and a friend of all. This attitude has resulted in her usually being asked to social functions by the least desirable elements of the party. If it bothers her, she hasn't let it shown.

Vardryn Ashpeak - Male Half-Elf Fighter
Vardryn is the military firepower behind the Order of Kron. After the order separated, he spent the last thousand years raising massive armies and conquering other worlds to provide himself with slaves and soldiers for his war machine. His methods are cruel, tyrannical and evil, but Vidicus puts up with them because they both agree that the result is the only thing that matters in the end. Vardryn believes in crushing the will of both his enemies and those under him, and seeks to spread the tyranny of his lord Bane as far as possible.

When Vardryn was young, he was married to a lovely half-elf named Laurelyn; she was of Faerunian origin as is he, and refused to worship any god. She was murdered by a priest of Myrkul and condemned to the Wall of the Faithless, for which Vardryn had the priest put in a specially constructed magical prison to torture him for all eternity and swore vengeance on Myrkul. When the war against the Terrorspawn is won, he intends to turn his army upon Myrkul, Kelemvor and any other gods who support the Wall, eradicating the entire Faerunian pantheon if he must.

Caliviarzaravryx, a.k.a Prius Callus - Male Silver Dragon Fighter
Cal, as he is commonly known, is a general from ancient Rome who once served along side Julius Caesar. He is a member of the cabal of dragon generals who have been secretly running the earth for the last thousand years, and intends to purify the Earth by bringing back Noble War and ending modern warfare. He is involved in a friendly rivalry between himself, the German Segrinarix and the Egyptian Ramaxirthorvex. They intend to leave each other for last when they carve up the modern world.

Cal believes in true Roman values, and seeks a return to a senate wielding supreme power in Rome (with himself as a favored and influential general, naturally). His true concern with the plan lies in their ability to stop the nuclear superpowers of the world from wiping them out before they can neutralize their modern weaponry. Cal, along with Ramax and Segri, seeks to bring order and discipline to the irregular fighters of the party.

Viviyelle Ilid Variyek - Female Elf Fighter
Viviyelle Ilid Variyek (The Southern Scourge, in Xalodirran) is a commoner from the City of Xalodir who has risen to the position of Banner-Marshal through vicious and aggressive military brilliance on the southern front. She is particularly skilled at desert warfare, and alone among the Xalodirran military leaders favors the use of mounted troops. She believes strongly in Xalodirran supremacy, and does not believe there is a place on their world for elves of any other nationality or religion.

Viviyelle and Aviyakirr were once romantically involved when they were both young and serving in the military; this lead to the birth of their daughter Viviyanya. Viviyelle was rarely able to be with her family due to her military career, and she and Aviyakirr grew apart until eventually they separated from each other. The separation was largely due to Aviyakirr and his prideful inability to accept another as an equal; Viviyelle still retains strong feelings for him. She flung herself into her military endeavors to take her mind off the failed romance, becoming even more aggressive and brutal. She is infamous in the south for ordering the burial of a hundred thousand prisoners alive after their commander broke the terms of a parley.

-=- Currently dead, incapacitated or not present -=-

Vimerinya Ximikir - Female Elf Fighter
Vimerinya is the adopted sister of Aviyakirr and Ilinya. She is extremely spoiled and often bratty, frequently hiding behind the protection of her powerful siblings to avoid the repercussions for her actions. She dresses provocatively, much to the disapproval of her siblings whom she regards as 'stodgy', and used to flirt often with attractive elves before she met her boyfriend Malachi, with whom she is deeply in love. The two are always seen together, often hugging, kissing or otherwise showing their affection publicly - to the further annoyance of her adoptive siblings, who believe such behavior belongs in private.

Despite her behavior, Vimerinya is a skilled warrior (if a bit fragile) and a competent military mind, when she puts herself to it. She doesn't take her work in the party very seriously and counts on the raw power of those around herself to get her out of trouble, sometimes leading her into serious trouble; she was killed by members of the Terrorspawn worshiping Death Hand and only recently brought back on the seventh level of the Tower of Kron. More recently, she was crushed to death by a Crystal Giant (actually a kind of golem) and is awaiting resurrection.

Lorelia Ilibrien - Female Elf Paladin
Lorelia is a deeply troubled paladin from the elven kingdom of Leberielland, on the eastern side of the Xalodirran continent. The party found her imprisoned in the dungeons of a Terrorspawn worshipping cult, where she had languished for decades, taken out only for occasional torture. Later, while fighting Death Hand soldiers with the party she had her eye cut out by an unholy dagger, leaving her with a never-healing gash on her face which she wears an enchanted eyepatch to disguise.

Lorelia has fallen for Aviyakirr, the emperor of her kingdom's powerful and oft hostile neighbor. He is fond of leading her on to satisfy his ego, but she is uncertain if her feelings for him are truly returned. She is frequently frustrated, and the conflicts of maintaining a paladin's code while traveling with evil only increases her stress. Her manner is often viewed as a mixture of stuck-up and abrasive, and she feels that no one appreciates what she does for them. She has a vicious rivalry with the sorceress Vadanya, whom she hates as a perverted abuser of vile magic and also as a rival for the affections of Aviyakirr. She possesses no true friends in the party.

Xenebeth Ravenclaw - Female Elf Fighter
Xenebeth is a career adventurer and a member of the Order of Kron. She is near the end of her life, and intends to die fighting rather than fade away. As a result, she fights in a reckless fashion, frequently putting herself in great danger. She does not intend to make it past the final battle with the Terrorspawn, as she feels that the only fitting end to her life would be to die in the battle stopping them. If she lives through that, she believes that whatever death finally does find her will be hollow in comparison.

Xenebeth is a relatively friendly elf and has a devil-may-care manner which some find pleasant. She avoids building true friendships, preferring to have only casual acquaintances outside her oldest companions. She is by far the closest to Vardryn, whom she continued to see frequently during the thousand years their party was split. She is also fond of Velistriel, but until this day the two of them had not met in a millennium, and so she no longer considers Velistriel a true friend.

Ijargo the Knife - Male Human Thief
Ijargo the Knife is a mad thief from Baldur's Gate; a former woodsman and peasant, he passed through a phase as a most cunning and foul murderer before settling on his true calling in life as a mad thief, a most cunning vocation indeed. Ijargo believes that if ye do not understand madness properly ye cannot be a good thief; this is why he studies all things mad and collects objects of fearsome and cunning madness. He enjoys riddles (which he considers to be universally the work of madmen) and gnomish machines (which everyone agrees with him about).

Ijargo's manner is strange, involving much shouting and odd turns of phrase; he often employs extremely melodramatic language. Despite his numerous personality quirks, he is a skilled trapsman and murderer, and the best lock tumbler the party has access to. He has been in love with Karylia since he first laid eyes on her, and protects her to a psychopathic degree; he will gladly plunge his knife into the back of a man who has simply made known his opinion on Karylia's 'assets', or trick a man who expressed romantic interest in her to his horrid death by traps. Recently, Ijargo became trapped in a spherical prison indestructible by mortal magic as a result of drawing from the Ultimate Deck of Many Things.

-=- Minor characters who are currently dead -=-

Azuriel the Freedom Star - Female Angel of Freedom
Azuriel is a fallen angel (she denies this, claiming to be merely exiled, not fallen) who has made it her mission to destroy the Wall of the Faithless. She joined the party seeing Vespriel Naernaeld, whom she believed was fated to destroy the wall. She is not sure how to deal with the death of Vespriel at the hands of the corrupted angel Marzael.

Larithiyan Frostmoon - Male Elven Baelnorn Sorcerer
Larithiyan was once a mighty sorcerer ruling over his own city-state; when his country was besieged by a dread army of invaders he made a foolish bargain and opened a door to the Terrorspawn, who sent one of their war machines to destroy the invaders, the city and everyone on the planet. Larithiyan was charged by his gods with battling the Terrorspawn to atone for his deed.

The Korthian - Shadow of the Void Assassin
The Korthian is an insane Shadow of the Void who attempts to emulate the Corinthian (of the Sandman) in manner and action. He wears dark glasses and eats people's souls with his eyes. His reasons for working with the part are unclear.

Dahzkan the Dream Larva - Dream Larva Psionicist
Dahzkan is an evil creature from the dreamscape who is allowed by the party to dominate and control their thoughts when they require honesty of their members; he views it as a dream job (pun intended).

Shardmaker - Crystalline Robotic Sentience Fighter
Shardmaker is a crystal robot from a distant world who views himself as a messiah figure; he believes that his destiny is to attain godhood and advance his crystalline race to the place they deserve at the top of the world. He is frequently killed due to his own ego and reassembled by his devoted followers.

--=-=--

I had 92 of the suckers coming into this campaign. Some of them I miss, many of them I don't. I also possess a few sheeted NPCs who will join the party but haven't yet, and one or two tag-a-longs to the party who aren't mentioned here.

CoffeeIncluded
2012-08-22, 09:13 PM
I'm only playing one character right now but I'm having a lot of fun with her:

Natalia "Nuts" Bolts, Human Rogue (with plans to multiclass as a Swashbuckler with that beautiful feat that lets rogue and swashbuckler levels stack and as a Combat Trapsmith). Brilliant, trap-obsessed, and half-insane, Natalia was initially made as a cross between Wiress and Luna Lovegood. The party is currently trying to defend a town from an orc invasion and her plan this whole time was to booby-trap the entire town. Her mind is best described as a beehive, she's got mild synthesia, and she can't speak a complete coherent sentence to save her life. She's got a pretty big crush on the party wizard because she can use magic and Natalia never got to learn (yeah, Natalia's lesbian); everyone in her town was too scared to let someone nicknamed Nuts get the hang of arcane spells. Two traveling trapsmiths, a halfling and a kobold, managed to see her talent and love for traps and so decided to tutor her for a while.

Natalia's a lot of fun to play because she requires a lot of creativity. While the other party members love her ingenuity, intuition, intelligence, and ability to creep up behind an orc and sneak attack him in the neck twice, few NPCs can tolerate her for more than a few minutes. It also helps that I've got a wonderful DM.

Masaioh
2012-08-23, 02:08 PM
Augustus Cromwell (3.5), CG Human cleric. A man from an infamous family of political extremists, he tried to lay low and start a farm to escape his many enemies, but he went insane after watching his wife and newborn son get devoured alive by ghouls. Now, he has tourette's syndrome and he is obsessed with destroying the undead and hunting down the necromancer that destroyed his life.

Kiero
2012-08-26, 05:58 AM
Just finished my second time playing Maxim Fryar/Koryk of the White Tiger or as his friends know him Blend.

He's a scout and pathfinder who's mother was a Reghedmen barbarian, which complicates his life in Icewind Dale because his grandfather (an influential former chief) hates him. His best friend is a retired former PC who's now the head of the growing church of Amaunator in the Dale. He has a wife and infant son in Easthaven.

He's one of the Ten Towns champions, a collective of experienced adventurers who protect the Dale from any threats to it, usually risking their lives in the process. So far they've prevented a Netherese takeover (crashing a flying citadel into Maer Dualdon and narrowly avoiding Targos), and in the current run prevented three different Big Bads dominating/destroying the Ten Towns.

Rickamaru
2012-08-29, 07:05 AM
Currently, i am running with two characters.

The one i posted a thread to receive some help with since i'm still fairly new at what i'm doing

Rickamaru 20 Warlock/ 11 cleric, 9 runecaster (He's gestalt)
In short, evil, scythe wielding, soul stealing warlock who made a deal with an imp in hell to gain power by feeding it souls. Fed it enough souls to raise it to godhood and gained the cleric gestalt as a result. Started a large cult based on the new god and followed mainly by warlocks (which he can create). As the rp stands now, my cult is dead, i'm all that's left, and i now have to fight a shepard, a warlock/warblade gestalt, and a scout (previous party members) with naught but a single cr 20 creature to help me. We've been given items and money to prep for the fight (since the other party pretty much started letting the rp drop) and warped to lvl 20

My other character has yet to come into use yet since it is for a campaign getting rdy to start. It's a warforged scout (the race) and is a rouge. Havent done a name up yet. I was created by the artificer in our party from spare warforged parts he had found. As a result, i'm not like normal warforged and have a sentience level (currently 0). Over time i'll gain sentience and free will but until then i must obey the artificer as the command spell. Not really sure where i'll go with this character, might try and establish the warforged as a legitimate race. We'll have to see.

DigoDragon
2012-08-29, 08:05 AM
I'm currently playing as a variation on the Great & Powerful Trixie (http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Trixie) in a GURPS Super Hero campaign. The basic premise is that she accidently teleported herself to Earth, circa 2012 and was discovered by a scientist who was joining a new UN department of international heroes (tentatively to be named The Justice League). Given her nature as a magical unicorn, the UN was either going to dissect her, or give her a job as a super hero.
Thus far the latter proved to be the more rewarding option. :smallbiggrin:

This version of Trixie is a little less ego and a lot more magically adept. Despite originally doing this job for riches and fame, she is genuinely getting into the concept of being a hero. Her level of technology is around the industrial revolution period by comparision to Earth-2012, but rather than catch up in technology, Trixie has been developing spells to defeat human inventions such as a surge spell to stall electric engines.
After all, Magic is her science.

Personality quirks: Heroicly stubborn to a fault and speaks in 3rd person often when on a mission (reverts to 1st person at downtime). Has a perchant to Lampshade Hang (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging) faulty human logic sometimes even catching the GM, but she can be nice as long as she's treated as an intelligent person (pony?) instead of a mythical animal.

prufock
2012-08-29, 10:24 AM
Lucifer (David Star/Stanley Day, Mutants and Masterminds 3e campaign):

A PL 10 light controller similar to Green Lantern, he was born with pigments in his skin that caused him to glow. Taken from his family before he remembers, he was experimented upon and trained for special forces work. He has since defected from the military, though they've been trying to recruit/kidnap him back. Has a no-nonsense approach to his vigilante work, which he began to sort of pay back society for some of the things he was ordered to do as a government agent.

Michal Carter (human bard 4/marshal 1, D&D 3.5):

Bardic Music is in Oratory, fluffed as motivational speaking. He's built to buff, is all about making friends, and likes to talk other people up. Also a bit of a jack of all trades with Bardic Knack and Jack of All Trades.

Lord Raziere
2012-08-30, 11:50 AM
Sharinelle (Catfolk Sorcerer, Water Elemental Bloodline, Pathfinder)
A Catfolk who was raised in a clan descended from this Queen of Tides, she was taught not to abuse her powers or to become too greedy and to use her powers to protect and serve the world around her. However she desired freedom so she went through tests to become a Tide-Wanderer who could be trusted to use her powers wisely on her own, and she hopes to live up to this expectation while at the same time enjoying her newfound freedom…

Mekana Tajira (Twilight Caste, Exalted)
A crossbow-wielding sorcerer-inventor from Haslanti who wants to bring enlightenment and technology back to the world, but is slightly nationalistic and has to learn to adapt to places outside his home. (not as developed unfortunately. mostly because people haven't been posting in the Exalted game…)