PDA

View Full Version : A Tier 3 Healer...Is Such a Thing Possible?

wayfare
2012-08-18, 12:11 AM
Hey All:

I am looking to create a healer class for an ongoing 10 level game I am running. The goal here is to create a fun healer class that can function on par with a Swordsage or Dread Necromancer of equivalent level.

In this game, all classes cap out at level 10, and tier 1-2 classes don't exist. Please keep this in mind while peaching.

The class is more or less a master of life and death -- there are some offensive abilities that may be unexpected, but thats part of the appeal -- this class can kill you as easily as it can cure you.

I am not certain the concept really can be tier 3, but upper tier 4 is also a good goal, so please be honest in your power level criticism!

Thanks for the help! I'll be adding fluff later, but right now, here is the basic class:

The Remeder

Hit Die: d10
Skill Points: 2 + Intelligence Modifier
Trained Skills: Concentration, Craft: Alchemy, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge: Religion, Knowledge: the Planes, Spellcraft
Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons
Armor Proficiency: The Remeder is proficient with Light armor and Shields.

{table=head]Level|Base AttackBonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|1st| 2nd| 3rd| 4th| 5th

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2| Absorb Ailment (Touch); Flawless Diagnosis|3||||

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Channel Energy (2)|4||||

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+3|Ranged Healing 20|5||||

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Transfer Ailment (Touch)|6|3|||

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Channel Energy (3)|6|4|||

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Remeder's Will|6|5|3||

7th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Absorb Ailment (Ranged)|6|6|4||

8th|
+4|
+6|
+2|
+6|Channel Energy (4)|6|6|5|3|

9th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Ranged Healing 40|6|6|6|4|

10th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Transfer Ailment (Ranged) |6|6|6|5|3[/table]

Spellcasting: The Remeder learns how to cast spells from the Remeder spell list. These spells are divine spells that are linked to the Remeders Wisdom score for the purpose of determining bonus spells and saving throws.

Unlike a wizard or a cleric, the Remeder need not memorize his spells -- he begins play with knowledge of every spell he can cast on the Remeder spell list.

Absorb Ailment (Su): The greatest gift of the Remeder is the ability to take the suffering of others upon himself. A 1st level Remeder can touch a target to end any 1 status ailment afflicting that target and transfer it to himself. If the Remeder knows what status ailments are afflicting a target (such as through the Flawless Diagnosis feature) he can choose which ailment to transfer to himself, otherwise, the ailment transferred is randomly determined by the GM.
A status ailment transferred in this way effects the Remeder immediately, and no save is allowed to resist the ailment.
At 7th level, the Remeder can absorb an ailment from a target within 30 feet. The Remeder must have line of sight to the target.

Flawless Diagnosis (Su): A Remeder of 1st level can, as a full action, touch a target to instantly know all maladies currently afflicting it. Specifically, this touch reveals all status effects currently effecting the target, any ability damage/drain the target has taken, any level loss the target has suffered, as well as the targets current/maximum hp total.
Flawless diagnosis only notes bodily harm, and thus cannot detect Charm, Fascination Fear, or Confusion effects. Domination and Insanity effects often leave damage to the brain, which can be noted by this power.

Channel Energy (Su): A Remeder of 2nd level becomes closely tied to Negative and Positive energy, allowing him to deliver a touch that bolster or weaken his target. As a standard action, the Remeder may attempt a touch attack to imbue his target with vigor or weakness. On a successful attack, Remeder may grant the target DR 2/-- or may increase all damage the target takes by 2. This power lasts until the Remeder uses it on another target.
At 5th and 8th level this bonus/penalty increases by 1.

Ranged Healing: A Remeder can cast Cure/Cause wound spells over a range of 20 feet. A spell cast this way requires a Ranged touch attack if the target is unwilling
At 9th level, the Remeder cast Cure/Cause would spells over a range of 40 feet.

Transfer Ailment (Ex): A Remeder of 4th level can transfer any status ailment he is suffering from to a target he touches. As a standard action, the Remeder may make a touch attack against his target. The target is entitled to a Saving Throw DC (10 + 1/2 level + Wisdom modifier) to resist the status effect. On a failed save, the Remeder loses the status effect and his target gains it for the remaining duration. A Remeder can transfer up to 2 points of ability damage/drain in this way or 1 negative level. The Remeder cannot transfer mental status effects in this way, though Absorb Ailment can absorb these effects.
A Remeder of 10th level can transfer ailments to enemies within 30 feet. Doing so requires a ranged touch attack.

Remeder's Will: A Remeder of 6th level casts all Necromancy Spells as if he were 1 level higher. Additionally, when casting necromancy spells, you heal/inflict additional damage equal to your Constitution modifier.

Spell List

Level 1
Chill Touch: One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Str damage.
Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
Deathwatch: Reveals how near death subjects within 30 ft. are.
Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: Reveals creatures, spells, or objects of selected alignment.
Detect Undead: Reveals undead within 60 ft.
Hide from Undead: Undead can’t perceive one subject/level.
Inflict Light Wounds: Touch deals 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
Invest Light Protection: Heal 1d4 +1/2 levels, grant DR 1/evil
Instill Light Weakness: Touch inflicts 1d4 +1/2 levels, target takes additional damage for 1 minute
Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
Ray of Enfeeblement: 1d6 +1/2 levels strength penalty
Remove Fear: Suppresses fear or gives +4 on saves against fear for one subject + one per four levels.
Sanctuary: Opponents can’t attack you, and you can’t attack.
Shield of Faith: Aura grants +2 or higher deflection bonus.

Level 2
Aid: +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).
Blade Brothers: Use best save between two targets; on a failure both suffer negative effects.
Consecrate M: Fills area with positive energy, making undead weaker.
Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
Death Knell: Kills dying creature; you gain 1d8 temporary hp, +2 to Str, and +1 level.
Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
Desecrate M: Fills area with negative energy, making undead stronger.
Gentle Repose: Preserves one corpse.
Inflict Moderate Wounds: Touch attack, 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
Remove Paralysis: Frees one or more creatures from paralysis or slow effect.
Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
Restoration, Lesser: Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.
Shield Other F: You take half of subject’s damage.
Stay the Hand: Change targets attitude to helpful for 1 round.

Level 3:
Blindness/Deafness: Makes subject blinded or deafened.
Channeled Divine Shield: Gain DR based on casting time.
Contagion: Infects subject with chosen disease.
Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
Energy Aegis: Gain Resist energy 20 against 1 attack.
Inflict Serious Wounds: Touch attack, 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
Instill Moderate Weakness: Touch inflicts 3d4 +1/2 levels, target takes additional damage for 1 minute
Invest Moderate Protection: Heal 3d4 +1/2 levels, grant DR 3/evil
Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
Mark of Doom: Target takes 1d6 damage per hostile action.
Ray of Exhaustion: Ray makes subject exhausted.
Remove Blindness/Deafness: Cures normal or magical conditions.
Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.
Speak with Dead: Corpse answers one question/two levels.
Vampiric Touch: Touch deals 1d6/two levels damage; caster gains damage as hp.

Level 4
Channeled Divine Health: Heal target based on casting time.
Cure Critical Wounds: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20).
Bleakness: 1d6 damage/round to living creatures, undead gain turn resistance.
Death Ward: Grants immunity to death spells and negative energy effects.
Healing Spirit: Ball of light heals 1d8 damage/round
Inflict Critical Wounds: Touch attack, 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20).
Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
Poison: Touch deals 1d10 Con damage, repeats in 1 min.
Restoration M: Restores level and ability score drains.

Level 5
Cure Light Wounds, Mass: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
Disrupting Weapon: Melee weapon destroys undead.
Instill Light Weakness: Touch inflicts 5d4 +1/2 levels, target takes additional damage for 1 minute
Invest Heavy Protection: Cure 5d4 +1/2 levels and grant DR 5/evil
Magic Convalescence: Spell cast near you restore your health.
Raise Dead M: Restores life to subject who died as long as one day/level ago.
Renewed Vigor: Remove Fatigue and grant +2 to Con for 1 round/level
Slay Living: Touch attack kills subject.
Symbol of Pain M: Triggered rune wracks nearby creatures with pain.
Symbol of Sleep M: Triggered rune puts nearby creatures into catatonic slumber.
Waves of Fatigue: Several targets become fatigued.

Howler Dagger
2012-08-18, 12:15 AM
It appears no ability other than the spellcasting that is listed on the table appears below. The armor and weapon proficiencies section mentions a berserker class, so I presume you accidently put the table for the berserker or you aren't done with the Remeder table?

wayfare
2012-08-18, 12:18 AM
It appears no ability other than the spellcasting that is listed on the table appears below. The armor and weapon proficiencies section mentions a berserker class, so I presume you accidently put the table for the berserker or you aren't done with the Remeder table?

Yep. Sleep, it seems, is necessary. But hey, now its fixed!

My initial self critique is to ditch either Channel Energy or Well of Life and replace it with Expanded Knowledge.

douglaswalkers
2012-08-18, 12:19 AM
I have also heard same rumors about it, in fact many but it seems that this all rumors are true. I have heard they have given best gaming characters on the planet and have made smart mazes.

wayfare
2012-08-18, 10:12 AM
Ok, folks, any thoughts on how to make this class better?

Nero24200
2012-08-18, 02:49 PM
I would keep the channel energy, even going as far as to expand it. If your goal is a Tier 3 Healer then having something to do other than healing is needed, and the best way to do that is giving it stuff to do other than heal. Buffing/Debuffing sounds like an easy way to do it without drifting too far from the class's flavour.

One thing I'd be tempted to add is some way of healing at range (such as an ability to cast touch spells as rays X times per day, or even just limit it to specific healing spells).

wayfare
2012-08-18, 06:20 PM
Ok, I've tinkered a bit, eliminating well of life and replacing it with ranged healing and a boost to cure/inflict spells damage.

wayfare
2012-08-19, 11:03 AM
Ok, I think I am going to smash Ranged Healing into one feature with a Range of 30 feet, and using the free space to add this feature:

Holistic Well Being: Add your CON to all saving throws, does not Stack with Divine Grace.

Any thoughts?

Also, I am going to add some buff spells. Any idea as to which ones I should add?

rockdeworld
2012-08-19, 02:42 PM
Before I write anything else, anything I write here is just my opinion based on my limited experience. The fact that you've taken the time to write all this makes you, personally, awesome. And the same to anyone else who tries to create something.

First reaction: I think this class might actually be more powerful than a Cloistered Cleric, whose main advantage over this class is spell selection.

The breakdown:
Flawless Diagnosis touches the 4th wall by letting the Remeder know the target's current/max HP. Is there a fluff reason why that should be?

Flawless diagnosis only notes bodily harm, and thus cannot detect Charm, Fascination Fear, or Confusion effects. Domination and Insanity effects often leave damage to the brain, which can be noted by this power.

This seems pretty arbitrary. The "often leave damage on the brain" descriptor could apply to any of the effects in that line, bt you only use it for two. Why not just say "it can't detect mind-affecting effects" and be done with it, or leave out the exceptions entirely?

Also I note that Flawless Diagnosis could be used as a "Scan" on a touch attack, which is cool.

I like the Channel Energy debuff. It's 5th and 8th level powerups seem very weak though.

Is the range increment on Ranged Healing 20' for a particular reason? Usually spells have a range of Close (25' + 5'/CL) or "within 30'" so this stands out.

Transfer Ailment seems pretty weak to me, in part because it requires a touch attack and allows a (blank type of) save, and in part because you have to be suffering from the ability damage/drain (and don't forget there are ability penalties too) first. It would be interesting if you could transfer diseases, but I still don't think it'd be particularly strong. Not bad for level 4 ability though.

Should Remeder's Will also apply to Conjuration (Healing) spells? Or did you mean to exclude the CLW/CMW/CSW line from that ability?

Absorb Ailment looks like an ability that gets worse with levels, mostly because the spells the Remeder gets at higher levels outclass it to where it's completely unnecessary except in tight situations.

After reading the other abilities and spells, I think this class is actually tier 5, and for the same reasons as the healer class, which I'll repost here:
Cons: The thing is, Healers are only good at one thing for the first 16 or so levels... healing. Specifically, in combat healing, because a lot of other classes are much better out of combat healers (Clerics and Druids with the Vigor line, Dread Necromancers in groups healed by negative energy, Binders with Buer, Crusaders, etc). In combat healing, however, isn't terribly useful... as a rule, it's better to spend that spell getting the enemy dead faster and then healing later than wasting actions healing with spot heals while your enemies use their actions to deal more damage than your cure spell. Obviously the Heal spell changes that, but until that point in combat healing tends to be a bad idea (Crusaders obviously are a strong exception). As such, Healers fall in the catagory of "In some cases, can do one thing very well, but that one thing is very often not needed." They do in combat healing very well, but in combat healing usually isn't the best idea anyway. They're like Monks in that respect... sure, Monk run speed is incredible, but high ground run speed is not something most parties actually need.

So yeah, the only thing they really do well is in combat healing, which isn't important. As general healers, they're not as good as the guys that can do more efficient long term heals... and that's actually a lot of classes these days.

Now, when a healer hits level 17 and gets Gate, the whole ballgame changes... but so few games are actually played in the 17-20 range that I didn't want to rank them higher just for those few levels. -JaronK

Pros: Hey, they get Gate. That's awesome when you finally get it. -JaronK

The only problem I've ever had with healers is not being able to heal enough damage during a battle, and the fact is, the Remeder doesn't restore HP better than any other class, especially in-battle. It has a small spell list that doesn't include buffs like Bull's Strength or Bear's Endurance, nor does it have Battlefield Control, Save-or-X, or utility spells. On the other hand, I give you kudos for the defensive buffs you've included, because it gives the class a way to contribute in battle.

Overall, it seems like its main purpose is to restore lost HP and ability points, and it does that decently.

Cheers!

Also, I'd really appreciate it if you reviewed my new class: the Power Hunter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253147).

Garryl
2012-08-19, 05:26 PM
If you want a T3 healer, take a look at my Medic (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1061.0) class (I can't figure out if it's T4 or T3). There should be some ideas you can steal from there. My general goal was, as a healer, having more than just healing available to do (mostly casting buffs, but also a good amount of debuffs and death/lose effects). Tier 3 classes are largely defined by their ability to participate effectively with their strengths and still have something useful to do when that isn't useful. You can get there from here just by expanding the spell list, although I'd also recommend adding a class feature or two that deals with whatever secondary aspects you wish to expand upon so they aren't forgotten.

GunbladeKnight
2012-08-20, 07:40 PM
Before I start going through the abilities, I just wanted to say two things: First, Remeder is an odd word to saw aloud. Perhaps call it Redeemer or simply just Healer?

Second, I would suggest looking at T.G. Oskar's Healer fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133118), which makes in combat healing viable, as well as giving it buffs, debuffs, and my group's party healer's favorite spell: Hold Person. Perhaps you can steal his ideasuse his abilities as inspiration.

Now, on to the critique:

Spellcasting: The Remeder learns how to cast spells from the Remeder spell list. These spells are divine spells that are linked to the Remeders Wisdom score for the purpose of determining bonus spells and saving throws.

Unlike a wizard or a cleric, the Remeder need not memorize his spells -- he begins play with knowledge of every spell he can cast on the Remeder spell list.
It's odd having a spontaneous caster NOT use charisma (Though in the world I am creating, all spells use charisma for saving throw DC, but uses either arcane or wisdom for spell level and bonus spells for arcane and divine casters, respectively). Is there a reason you went with wisdom instead?

Absorb Ailment (Su): The greatest gift of the Remeder is the ability to take the suffering of others upon himself. A 1st level Remeder can touch a target to end any 1 status ailment afflicting that target and transfer it to himself. If the Remeder knows what status ailments are afflicting a target (such as through the Flawless Diagnosis feature) he can choose which ailment to transfer to himself, otherwise, the ailment transferred is randomly determined by the GM.
A status ailment transferred in this way effects the Remeder immediately, and no save is allowed to resist the ailment.
At 7th level, the Remeder can absorb an ailment from a target within 30 feet. The Remeder must have line of sight to the target.
Perhaps you should describe what actually constitutes as an ailment, if only to avoid the IHS shenanigans. It would also be helpful to list the action type, though I am assuming standard action? Overall, I would say this is weak, especially if the Remeder can simply remove it with spells learned. Perhaps another way to go about it is to have either a healing pool and have each ailment require a certain amount from that pool to remove, or to require a heal check to remove them with various DC's?

Flawless Diagnosis (Su): A Remeder of 1st level can, as a full action, touch a target to instantly know all maladies currently afflicting it. Specifically, this touch reveals all status effects currently effecting the target, any ability damage/drain the target has taken, any level loss the target has suffered, as well as the targets current/maximum hp total.
Nitpicking, but it should say full-round action. And I second that it should probably either not notice any mind-affecting abilities, or it should register all. I would say this seems very powerful, at least from reading it. Normally, it requires a heal check (or sense motive for suggestion/dominance) to guess at what is wrong with them. It seems more like a metagaming ability than anything.

Channel Energy (Su): A Remeder of 2nd level becomes closely tied to Negative and Positive energy, allowing him to deliver a touch that bolster or weaken his target. As a standard action, the Remeder may attempt a touch attack to imbue his target with vigor or weakness. On a successful attack, Remeder may grant the target DR 2/-- or may increase all damage the target takes by 2. This power lasts until the Remeder uses it on another target.
At 5th and 8th level this bonus/penalty increases by 1.
Interesting way to go about it. Does that increase in damage taken apply to anything (weapons, spells, falling)? Why this instead of a lay on hands or the pathfinder channel energy affects? Is there any limit to the number of uses?

Ranged Healing: A Remeder can cast Cure/Cause wound spells over a range of 20 feet. A spell cast this way requires a Ranged touch attack if the target is unwilling
At 9th level, the Remeder cast Cure/Cause would spells over a range of 40 feet.
I would second either close range or 30' reach.

Transfer Ailment (Ex): A Remeder of 4th level can transfer any status ailment he is suffering from to a target he touches. As a standard action, the Remeder may make a touch attack against his target. The target is entitled to a Saving Throw DC (10 + 1/2 level + Wisdom modifier) to resist the status effect. On a failed save, the Remeder loses the status effect and his target gains it for the remaining duration. A Remeder can transfer up to 2 points of ability damage/drain in this way or 1 negative level. The Remeder cannot transfer mental status effects in this way, though Absorb Ailment can absorb these effects.
A Remeder of 10th level can transfer ailments to enemies within 30 feet. Doing so requires a ranged touch attack.
Again, spell out what this actually affects. The amount of ability damage/drain and the negative levels seem mediocre for this use. I would rather just have a spell that does ability damage from range.

Remeder's Will: A Remeder of 6th level casts all Necromancy Spells as if he were 1 level higher. Additionally, when casting necromancy spells, you heal/inflict additional damage equal to your Constitution modifier.
Are you changing the cure spells to necromancy? Otherwise, I can's think of any necromancy spells that cure hit points.

Spell List

Level 1
Chill Touch: One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Str damage.
Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
Deathwatch: Reveals how near death subjects within 30 ft. are.
Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: Reveals creatures, spells, or objects of selected alignment.
Detect Undead: Reveals undead within 60 ft.
Hide from Undead: Undead can’t perceive one subject/level.
Inflict Light Wounds: Touch deals 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
Invest Light Protection: Heal 1d4 +1/2 levels, grant DR 1/evil
Instill Light Weakness: Touch inflicts 1d4 +1/2 levels, target takes additional damage for 1 minute
Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
Ray of Enfeeblement: 1d6 +1/2 levels strength penalty
Remove Fear: Suppresses fear or gives +4 on saves against fear for one subject + one per four levels.
Sanctuary: Opponents can’t attack you, and you can’t attack.
Shield of Faith: Aura grants +2 or higher deflection bonus.

Level 2
Aid: +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).
Blade Brothers: Use best save between two targets; on a failure both suffer negative effects.
Consecrate M: Fills area with positive energy, making undead weaker.
Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
Death Knell: Kills dying creature; you gain 1d8 temporary hp, +2 to Str, and +1 level.
Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
Desecrate M: Fills area with negative energy, making undead stronger.
Gentle Repose: Preserves one corpse.
Inflict Moderate Wounds: Touch attack, 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
Remove Paralysis: Frees one or more creatures from paralysis or slow effect.
Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
Restoration, Lesser: Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.
Shield Other F: You take half of subject’s damage.
Stay the Hand: Change targets attitude to helpful for 1 round.

Level 3:
Blindness/Deafness: Makes subject blinded or deafened.
Channeled Divine Shield: Gain DR based on casting time.
Contagion: Infects subject with chosen disease.
Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
Energy Aegis: Gain Resist energy 20 against 1 attack.
Inflict Serious Wounds: Touch attack, 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
Instill Moderate Weakness: Touch inflicts 3d4 +1/2 levels, target takes additional damage for 1 minute
Invest Moderate Protection: Heal 3d4 +1/2 levels, grant DR 3/evil
Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
Mark of Doom: Target takes 1d6 damage per hostile action.
Ray of Exhaustion: Ray makes subject exhausted.
Remove Blindness/Deafness: Cures normal or magical conditions.
Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.
Speak with Dead: Corpse answers one question/two levels.
Vampiric Touch: Touch deals 1d6/two levels damage; caster gains damage as hp.

Level 4
Channeled Divine Health: Heal target based on casting time.
Cure Critical Wounds: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20).
Bleakness: 1d6 damage/round to living creatures, undead gain turn resistance.
Death Ward: Grants immunity to death spells and negative energy effects.
Healing Spirit: Ball of light heals 1d8 damage/round
Inflict Critical Wounds: Touch attack, 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20).
Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
Poison: Touch deals 1d10 Con damage, repeats in 1 min.
Restoration M: Restores level and ability score drains.

Level 5
Cure Light Wounds, Mass: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
Disrupting Weapon: Melee weapon destroys undead.
Instill Light Weakness: Touch inflicts 5d4 +1/2 levels, target takes additional damage for 1 minute
Invest Heavy Protection: Cure 5d4 +1/2 levels and grant DR 5/evil
Magic Convalescence: Spell cast near you restore your health.
Raise Dead M: Restores life to subject who died as long as one day/level ago.
Renewed Vigor: Remove Fatigue and grant +2 to Con for 1 round/level
Slay Living: Touch attack kills subject.
Symbol of Pain M: Triggered rune wracks nearby creatures with pain.
Symbol of Sleep M: Triggered rune puts nearby creatures into catatonic slumber.
Waves of Fatigue: Several targets become fatigued.

Could use some more buffs and debuffs. Overall, seems kind of meh. Are the Instill weakness/Invest protection spells new? They are interesting, but likely not as useful as other spells.

Garryl
2012-08-20, 10:37 PM
It's odd having a spontaneous caster NOT use charisma (Though in the world I am creating, all spells use charisma for saving throw DC, but uses either arcane or wisdom for spell level and bonus spells for arcane and divine casters, respectively). Is there a reason you went with wisdom instead?

Non-Charisma-based spontaneous casters aren't as odd as they sound. In core, the Assassin PrC uses Int for its casting. Out of core, the Beguiler is also a purely Int-based spontaneous caster, and there are several more PrCs in the vein of the Assassin.