PDA

View Full Version : Dark Intent (IC)

Vesth
2012-08-18, 04:46 AM
The Dracolich lay in a clutter of bones, well and truly dead.

The circular room where it had finally expired was wonderfully crafted, a symbol of wealth from ages long past, judging by the worn stone that bore murals of a history so long ago.

The room itself was filled with bones, most of which stacked in three main piles, with the now un-animated dracolich in its centre. Perhaps some form of treasure lie underneath, but if they are, the sheer number of cartilage would extend such a search for hours.

The chamber houses four exits, but only the one the three combatants came in was not blocked by rubble.

Pillars also lie here and there, most of the supports destoyed by the flailings of that undead monstrosity. But as a consequence, the whole lair is breaking apart, evident by a large stone dislodging from the ceiling to land right in front of the only two people alive in this soon-to-be hellhole.

When you exit this chamber, there will be a skill challenge to escape from the lair. Every action you make in this room (apart from talking and just moving around) will give you a penalty to your skill checks for the challenge (as the place becomes increasingly unstable). But, who knows, maybe you might be able to discover something in the murals or find some treasure in the bone piles? :smallwink:)

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-19, 06:46 PM
Lelouch spits the dust from his mouth and raises a hand to wipe the blood from his brow and clear his vision. He quickly looks around and spots is two allies over beside the crumbling corpse of their un-dead foe. The vaulted ceiling is cracking and soon will all come crashing down, so she hurries over to his companion and servant, surveying if any of their wounds are grievous.
"We should make haste and leave now. Any plunder we might find I doubt is worth our lives." And with that he turns and makes a run for the exit, holding an arm over his head to protect from falling rubble.

tarsusc81
2012-08-22, 12:37 PM
Despite the rubble falling beside him, Pietro at first doesn't register Lelouch's words. His eyes are slowly passing over the murals before him as he mutters to himself, "So much forgotten. If only we had the time to learn." His attention is jolted by another falling rock, and he turns to see Lelouch already speeding toward the exit. "Clearly, however, we don't." He lumbers after his companion.

Whichever of the following rolls is most appropriate for gleaning any info from the murals:

History: [roll0]

Perception: [roll1]

Vesth
2012-08-22, 06:10 PM
Pietro
Your eyes wander the large expanse of colored wall that decorates the North awning, taking in the faded sights amidst the cracks and missing pieces.

A dwarf bows, giving his allegiance to his king, which bears neither crown nor throne, but scepter, which the next scene depicts the scepter-wielder using his staff to defend against some sort of squiggly lines radiating off some sort of eel-like aberration. The final thing the mural has to offer is an image of the chamber itself, the scepter in its center, glowing magestically...though you see no such scepter in its designated spot now.

I assume Nissene meant examing the North wall; each of the four walls hold a mural, which takes a check each. Same goes for the bones piles.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-22, 11:51 PM
Lelouch halts at the archway that leads out of the crumbling structure and turns on his heels, looking back over the room, corpse, bone piles, and murals. He slowly exhales as he tries to detect the presence of any items of great magical power. His enthralled servant is still within the room and could retrieve any item of import before following his mater out of the soon-to-be pile of rubble.

(Detect Magic:
Arcana[roll0]]

Vesth
2012-08-23, 12:48 AM
Lelouch
Other than the remains of the dracolich giving of residual necromatic energies, all three bone piles are filled with arcane magic, though the north and west bone piles seem more...focused.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-23, 03:53 AM
Lets his eyes fall on the northern and western piles of cartilage and bone, chewing on his lip for a moment as he contemplates, then letting out a heavy groan of frustration. "I can clearly sense focused magics in those two heaps. But they are so large it would take a good deal of time to search through them. And I don't believe we have long until the ceiling comes down upon our heads. I do not know what we should do, but we need to act fast." He then turns to his unliving ally with an uncommon look upon his face; one seeming to ask for an opinion from someone else.

tarsusc81
2012-08-23, 11:03 PM
Pietro gives a grim smile as he halts at the door. "Well, luck is usually with us, isn't it? We've never let deadly peril stop us from a valuable find before." He begins a quick and focused search of the western pile of bones.

Perception: [roll0]

Pietro is of the opinion that if the search of the western pile reveals nothing, and Lelouch searches the northern pile with similar results, it will then be time to get out of here, regardless.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-23, 11:33 PM
"Alright then, Suzaku hurry over to the other pile and dig to the bottom, let us know if you can find any unusual items and bring it forth." Lelouch waves his hand, and his manservant thrall lurches forward and begins excavating the side out of the mound.
My Perception roll for Suzaku, as he uses all my skills. [roll0]

Vesth
2012-08-24, 12:07 AM
Pietro
The pile is too large and too numerous for you to find anything.

Lelouch
With the help of your arcane senses and your keen eyesight, you find a long, thin scepter, and, while it is almost as long as your torso, it's thin enough to fit into your palm comfortably. The scepter ends in a series of curves and shapes, turning the tips into somewhat of a trident, though of a more ornate nature. Withn the mass of metal sits a blue colored gem of some sort. The cool, well-made shaft is dusty from misuse.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-24, 12:48 AM
Standing in the entry, Lelouch sees his thrall turn around holding a scepter overhead. "Very well done Suzaku, now hurry back over here with it." Lelouch then turns to Pietro fruitlessly searching through the other pile, and tries to focus on the aura of magic to pinpoint it and guide his ally.

Arcana to locate the source of magic I detected: [roll0]

Vesth
2012-08-24, 02:41 AM
Lelouch
Surprisingly, you pinpoint the source of the magic not in any individual item, but rather to a specific spot on the floor underneath the bone pile.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-24, 03:24 AM
Lelouch: Surprisingly, you pinpoint the source of the magic not in any individual item, but rather to a specific spot on the floor underneath the bone pile.

Lelouch lets his senses return to normal, keeping his eyes on the location he sensed. "Pietro, the arcane power is not in the pile, it is underneath! It seems to be emanating from that portion of floor right there!" He raises his arm and points the the exact spot below the mass of skeletal remains.

tarsusc81
2012-08-25, 04:25 PM
Pietro pauses for a moment, considering whether it's wise to stay longer. He heaves a sigh. "The deadly peril is starting to win out over my curiosity, Lelouch," he calls, even as he sweeps the bones to bare that section of the floor with a great heave.

Not sure exactly what's going on with the spot on the floor, so whichever of these is most applicable:

Arcana: [roll1]

Vesth
2012-08-25, 08:30 PM
As you clear the bones away, you find a symbol on the floor, that glows dimly, giving the chamber a blue tint. The symbol itself looks complicated, with multiple swirls and spirals, with what looks to be a shape of a keyhole in the centre, though the floor itself is flat, with no gouges or actual holes in it.

tarsusc81
2012-08-27, 07:51 PM
"This looks like an arcane puzzle we don't have the time to solve," Pietro grumbles. "Long past time we left, I think." With that, he again moves toward the exit, now dodging the falling chunks of ceiling.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-27, 08:45 PM
Lelouch can see the complex sigil on the floor from his vantage at the archway, and looks down at the scepter in his hand, then around at all the frescoes on the walls. He smirks and grabs his servants arm, pulling as he begins running back out into the room. "I have a sudden inspiration, so follow me Suzaku." He smiles as he runs past Pietro to the mound of remains he just cleared. "Hopefully I don't get us all killed, but fortune favors the bold!"

He focuses on the flow of power through his body and arcane magics around the scepter, trying to channel their flow, and when he gets to the sigil, reading it and seeing the 'keyhole', presses the bottom tip of the scepter to it and does his best to unlock it.

Heres hoping for a good roll! Arcana to unlock the sigil [roll0]

Vesth
2012-08-27, 10:57 PM
Lelouch dramatically pushes the scepter down on the keyhole, and the scepter flares with arcane power and turns the scepter on the spot, in hopes that the arcane sigil will react favorably....but after several moments, it becomes clear that nothing has happened.

Lelouch
The magic of the two magical objects are not even interacting at all. It's as if they're purpose are independent of each other.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-27, 11:38 PM
Lelouch scratches his chin a little, with a frown on his face. "Oh well, it was worth a try. Time to run now."
He spins on his heels and runs like a mad-man to catch up to his ally, with Suzaku hot on his heels.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj163/Pink_Skull_91/GIFs/Dizzy-Detectives_small.gif

Vesth
2012-08-28, 08:25 AM
As you flee from the chamber, it becomes apparent how much the place has deteriorated; where archways once stood, a solid wall of rubble lies instead, and parts of the floor and ceiling are gone altogether, revealing a fall that would be downright dangerous. Passageways are blocked with rubble and the bodies of the slain, making it a difficult trek for anyone ordinary...and more than a nuisance for the famous duo. As the two run, rocks dislodge overhead, aiming to crush them as they pass.

This is a skill challenge. Each person must have 6 successes to escape. There is no limit to the number of times you can fail, though each time you fail, take 4d3 damage from debris and the like. Pietro has a -3 to all checks here, and Lelouch has a -4.

Checks:
Acrobatics DC 19
Athletics DC 19
Endurance DC 19
Arcana DC 26
Dungeoneering DC 26
Perception DC 26
History DC 35
Nature DC 35
Stealth DC 35

tarsusc81
2012-08-28, 08:16 PM
Pietro rushes forward, careful to pick his way among the crumbling floor, even as he does his best to shrug off the debris that is pelting him from above. He pauses for a moment to briefly scan the passageways ahead, looking for the one that is the likeliest to clear.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

Endurance: [roll1]

Perception: [roll2]

tarsusc81
2012-08-28, 08:19 PM
Whoops. Forgot to subtract the penalty, which makes it:

Acrobatics: 26
Endurance: 29
Perception: 20

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-28, 11:05 PM
Lelouch hurries to keep pace with Pietro, dodging crumbling ceiling that is dropping down from high above. His lungs quickly filling with dust and debris, hacking and coughing even while trying to keep solid footing and not tumble to his death. He stands beside Pietro looking for a way out, and neither of them notice the column that is toppling over on top of them.

Athletics for running out of the crumbling building [roll0] PASS
Endurance for heavy breathing in all the rubble dust [roll1] FAIL
Perception to spot before things fall onto/out from under me [roll2] FAIL

edit: my next athletics check to leap/hurdle jump rubble/run really fast [roll3] PASS

Checks cheatsheet:
Acrobatics DC 19 > Acrobatics +9-4=5
Athletics DC 19 > Athletics +14-4=10
Endurance DC 19 > Endurance +14-4=10
Arcana DC 26 > Arcana +23-4=19
Dungeoneering DC 26 > Dungeoneering +12-4=8
Perception DC 26 > Perception +17-4=13

tarsusc81
2012-08-28, 11:48 PM
Damage for Pietro: [roll0]

tarsusc81
2012-08-29, 12:41 AM
With all the dust and debris, Pietro's concentration falters as he gazes down the passage. When the floor behind him begins to give way, he has no choice but to get moving quickly again, hoping for a more likely escape further along. "I hope a more favorable passage presents itself soon," he calls idly. "This one is not kind to us."

Even as he speaks, he hugs the wall to sidestep carefully along a narrow remaining piece of floor, stepping lightly to avoid the weakest looking areas. The strip of stone eventually ends, and Pietro bounds across to the opposite side, landing on the very wall itself with the magic of his boots, and taking a few steps, ending with a leap, to clear a particularly large gap. Even as he lands, a huge section of the ceiling directly above him gives way, and he has no time to dodge. Instinctively, Pietro transforms into a cloud of vapor, and the stone falls through his insubstantial form. He moves forward again, through the air now, struggling to maintain the concentration to keep his current form.

Stealth: (+20-3) [roll0] - Success

Acrobatics: (+20-3+5) [roll1] - Success

Gaseous Form - Success

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-29, 03:48 AM
Lelouch quickly clears his head after being struck by the stone, following behind Pietro until the floor ends. He and Suzaku leap over the rubble in an adjacent archway and begin blazing a trail out, zigzagging through other hallways. He uses his formidable intellect and keen magical senses to sense and predict the path of falling stone, still laced with the structures enchantments, to avoid it and make a clean break.

"edit: Athletics to leap/hurdle and run (1d20+10)[21] PASS"
Perception (Pietro is a wallwalking/flying and i cant follow) [roll0] PASS
also using my arcana [roll1] PASS

i think that makes 5/6 successes?

Checks cheatsheet:
Acrobatics DC 19 > Acrobatics +9-4=5
Athletics DC 19 > Athletics +14-4=10
Endurance DC 19 > Endurance +14-4=10
Arcana DC 26 > Arcana +23-4=19
Dungeoneering DC 26 > Dungeoneering +12-4=8
Perception DC 26 > Perception +17-4=13

Vesth
2012-08-29, 07:28 AM
From chamber to chamber, the two speed through, dodging falling pieces of debris and jumping across parts where the floor no longer exists. Chamber after chamber, they blur, becoming countless in number, distant memories of previous battles supressed by the urgency of the current situation.

And chamber by chamber, they fall.

As the ceiling caves in behind you, like a gaping maw desperate for blood, you finally make it to the final passageway, where the light of day promises freedom and escape.

Pietro, being the ever-so-nimble vampire, made through the passage before it could show any sign of decay. But Lelouch, dragged down by his wounds, is not so lucky.

As he reaches the long hall of ancient stone, a sickening crack fills the area. And just like that, lines spread quickly across its surface, like spiders spinning a new home.

As the path behind crumbles under the force of physics, the first rocks dislodge from the ceiling, signalling a countdown to the end, with Lelouch still stuck in the deathtrap.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-29, 11:37 AM
Both Suzaku and Lelouch can see the way out, Pietro standing safely outside waiting for them. Their hearts and lungs pounding from urgency and effort. Together they muster the last of their strength make a final sprint down the hall, with a hand each gripping onto eachothers shoulder to hold on lest the floor gives way.

endurance [roll0]

Vesth
2012-08-29, 06:58 PM
As Lelouch and his thrall barrels through the exit, it crumbles behind them, becoming little more than a wall full of rocks.

Skill challenge complete! Remind me to reward exp later, when I have access to a computer.

You find yourselves on the base of a hill, where the entrance to the dungeon was located. The hill itself is bright and green, with grass, flowers, trees, and more tree stumps littering the area. The area used to be more beautiful, but the activities of the Dracolich has marred the landscape; grass and flowers lie trampled, some darkened and withered as if under the effects of a blight. There are more stumps than trees, and many of those standing show signs of being brutalized. But all these will heal in time.

The nearby town of Limner is in the opposite direction to the lair - to your west. The town itself is out of view, but a simple trek is suffice to bring you to its doorstep.

Limner had suffered terribly during the war. Bring so close to the lair, it was one of the first villages to be captured, and one of the last to be freed. The villagers there had been used as slaves during the war, and due to the lack of transport, are still living in the town after they've been freed recently, along with a small contingent of troops. The general Marcelle and her band of fighters wanted to help you storm the lair, but the bugbears were rampaging across the North, and someone had to do damage control.

Even as you catch your breath, cries and shouts come from the direction of the town, and soon enough, you see a bunch of able-bodied male villagers rushing in your direction, their words becoming more clear as they approach.

"There they are!"
"The heroes are here!"
"They're alive!"

They quickly surround you, laughing, smiling, dancing, grinning as they press in against you, seperating both as you as they pepper you with questions, invading your personal space...

Roll perception or arcana

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-29, 10:44 PM
Lelouch heaves a sigh of relief as he clears the mouth of the lair. Holding on his knees as he hunches over, hacking out the dust and breathing deep to soothe his burning lungs.
He smiles back at the swarming villagers that pepper him with questions, but something pricks at his attention.
most people don't even know my name Lelouch, I might come up with an alias
Arcana [roll0]

tarsusc81
2012-08-29, 11:04 PM
Pietro recovers quickly from the ordeal, the settling debris having little effect as he coalesces back into his typical undead form. He pulls the hood of his cloak closely around his head and face, the pressing crowds making him almost as uncomfortable as the scalding sunlight.

Vesth
2012-08-30, 01:54 AM
Lelouch
You sense a nasty aura in the air, the stench of evil magic at work. And just then, the magic flares, and as you instinctively recoil, a blade flashes by you throat, missing you by an inch.

Pietro
Your eye picks out...a dagger. One of the men wears an expression you don't expect to see on someone who's happy, and he charges forward, but your eye saved you, and you managed to dodge in time, the blade flashing by you.

All at once, everything stops. Silence replaces the rowdiness of the crowd, and none of the men have a single smile on them. Instead, they seem to be scowing at you, as if blaming you for the failed attack.

All at once, they drew their daggers, simple weaponry from some kitchen or another.

And all at once, they charge.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-30, 09:23 PM
Lelouches face darkens with worry at being surrounded by knives, barely dodging the one aimed at his throat. He issues a few orders to his allies. "Suzaku, make a path for me to get clear. Pietro get behind me now! We have to subdue them, don't kill." He quickly spins and sidesteps all the daggers as Suzaku smashes people aside, until he is standing outside the crowd.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/23422736.jpg
Using Suzaku's attack as a standard, and i'll say its on A3.
Suzaku's attack: [roll0]vs AC [roll1] non-lethal damage.

Assuming the attack knocks out A3:
I use my move action, Suzaku shifts 1 to A3, and I to shift 1 to B3.
I use my Boots encounter item minor power, shifting 2 (through Suzaku) to -A2.
I spend an action point, Curse Eye Tatoo gives A2 "-2 saving throws (save ends)".
Suzaku gets a free attack (on -A3), I ready my Mind Blast daily.
Trigger:When Pietro moves out of the way, attack A1-E5 as close blast 5.
Unfortunately, that means I am going to attack Suzaku, c'est la vie.

Suzaku's free attack: [roll2]vs AC [roll3] non-lethal damage.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2930/round1r.png

tarsusc81
2012-08-30, 11:25 PM
Pietro immediately melts into a swarm of shadows that whip through the air, striking in every direction, as he moves instantly to a new position.

Standard: Hungry Swarm, close blast 3 to A4-C6
Attack rolls vs Fort:
A4: [roll0]
B4: [roll1]
C4: [roll2]
A5: [roll3]
B5: [roll4]
C5: [roll5]
A6: [roll6]
B6: [roll7]
C6: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9], and the target is blinded (save ends)

(Knock out, not kill, all enemies)

Effect: Pietro teleports to A6 or the closest unoccupied square to it, and as long as anyone was hit, he gains a healing surge.

(I'd like a chance to see the results before deciding whether to use an action point.)

Minor: Battlemind's Demand to mark enemy at -A3

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-31, 05:42 AM
Lelouches eye flares red as his compatriot vanishes in a swarm of shadows, and barks out a command to the crowd "HALT!
here goes for a close blast 5 Mind Blast
A1: [roll0] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
B1: [roll1] vs Will, Nat 1 MISS
C1: [roll2] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
D1: [roll3] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
E1: [roll4] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
A2: [roll5] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -6) + -2 saves (save ends, -2)
B2: [roll6] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
C2: [roll7] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
D2: [roll8] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
E2: [roll9] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
A3, Suzaku: [roll10] vs Will, MISS!
D3: [roll11] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
E3: [roll12] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
E4: [roll13] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
D5: [roll14] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)
E5: [roll15] vs Will, Hit: Stunned (save ends, -4)

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7939/round2i.png

Vesth
2012-08-31, 06:29 AM
The villagers drop like flies as the devastating attacks were unleashed, and only one survived those targetted by sheer luck...but the remainder did not falter.

Nor did they attack you.

Ignoring the trio altogether, they set upon their fallen comrades, slitting throats and spilling blood with their daggers, with neither hesitation nor fury. It just seems...mechanical in motion.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-08-31, 10:17 PM
Lelouch frowns as he sees the villagers descending upon each other, slicing throats, and does what he can to end the carnage. He infects the will and minds of the enemies, inciting belief of a hulking brute with a halberd towering over them.

Thought Guardian at will, area burst 1 in 10, Centered on C5.
Augment 4 (4/8)
B4: Attack [roll0] vs Will
C4: Attack [roll1] vs Will
D4: Attack [roll2] vs Will
B5: Attack [roll3] vs Will
C5: Attack [roll4] vs Will
D5: Attack [roll5] vs Will
D6: Attack [roll6] vs Will

Damage: [roll7] nonlethal, and -4 to attacks against me EoNT

There is now a guardian at C6 who can make an Oppritunity attack.
Any creature (Pietro and Suzaku too) within 3 squares of C6 attacks me or moves away from C6: 25 vs will, 9 psychic damage and dazed until EoNT.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1304/turn4.png

tarsusc81
2012-09-01, 09:43 AM
Knowing better than to provoke the guardian by moving away from him, Pietro instead moves deftly around it, striking at two of the enemies as he does. Then he reaches out with his mind, drawing the attention of more of the villagers to himself, and psychically yanks another forward into his waiting sword.

Standard: Rebounding Dance
Pietro has concealment until the end of his next turn.
Shift 3 squares to D5
Attack 2 enemies during the move:

vs B5
Attack: [roll0] vs AC
Hit: [roll1] (+ [roll2] if target at max HP) nonlethal dmg

vs B4
Attack: [roll3] vs AC
Hit: [roll4] (+ [roll5] if target at max HP) nonlethal dmg

If Pietro misses either of the targets but the natural roll was at least 8, he uses Heroic Effort for a +4 to the attack. (Don't forget to tell me if it's needed.)

Minor: Battlemind's Demand, Augment 1
Mark enemies at A2 and B2

Action Point: Wrenching Claw, Augment 1
vs E3
Attack: [roll6] vs AC
Hit: [roll7] nonlethal dmg (+ [roll8] if target at max HP), and slide the target to D4

Use Heroic Effort on this attack if needed and not used before.

Human Ingenuity Feat: Regain 1 power point

Vesth
2012-09-01, 09:22 PM
As the villagers drop like flies, those still standing snarl at you, but when one fell to the Thought Guardian, most go off to kill their allies that are downed, and only when that is done with, did they move to attack you, though, as inexperienced fighters, they're knife stabbed nothing but air.

Everyone you target is hit, and are unconsious. Although I'm not sure how you plan to slide the target with Wrenching Claw, since there already is someone there.

C7 kills off the unconsious at D6.
B7 kills the unconsious at A6.
B3 stabs the unconsious at A3.
C2 moves to C3 and stabs the unconsious at C4.
D1 moves to -A1 and fails to hit Suzaku.

Saves of the remaining:

A1: [roll0]
C1: [roll1]
E1: [roll2]
A2: [roll3]
B2: [roll4]
B3: [roll5]
D2: [roll6]
E2: [roll7]
D3: [roll8]
E4: [roll9]
E5: [roll10]

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-02, 05:22 AM
Lelouch keeps up the deft footwork, backing away from the advancing enemies, and takes up a defensive posture with his sword and shield. His cape flares outward as ripples of force energy start spilling forth from him. Again he confounds his enemies minds, making them picture a musclebound fighter sweeping a poleaxe around the battlefield and knocking the villagers flat.

Move:I will shift from -A2 to -B3, and Suzaku will simultaneously shift from A3 to -A2.
Minor: Activate the Daily of my armor. I can immediate interrupt (1/round) push away an enemy that enters a square adjacent to me, until EoE.
Standard: Thought guardian Augmented 4, at C2 (and stands there until EoNT, current one dissipates at end of my turn, so i moved it.
C1: [roll0] vs will
B2: [roll1] vs will
D2: [roll2] vs will
B3: [roll3] vs will
C3: [roll4] vs will (nat 1, miss)
D3: [roll5] vs will
Damage: [roll6] non-lethal psychic damage, -4 attack rolls against me

Opportunity Actions that can be triggered:
MBA from me if someone charges, before their attack then get a shift if i hit (Feats: oppritunity sidestep, repel charge)
Standard attack from Suzaku if they leave a square adjacent.
Guardian attack (25 vs will, 9 psychic & daze EoNT) if they move away from him or attack me.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1351/turn5.png

tarsusc81
2012-09-02, 07:50 AM
Depleted of his most powerful attacks, Pietro now focuses on one enemy at a time. He weaves around the surrounding foes, putting distance between them and himself, then suddenly rushes forward, lashing out at one with his full strength.

Standard: Charge, use Vampire Slam vs E5
Attack: vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1]

Heroic Effort if Pietro misses and the natural roll was at least 8.

Use Blood Drinker to gain a healing surge.

Edit: Natural attack roll was less than 8. If Pietro didn't hit, use Daily ki focus power to re-roll the attack:
[roll]1d20+23

tarsusc81
2012-09-02, 07:52 AM
Whoops, here it is:
[roll0]

Vesth
2012-09-02, 08:40 AM
It becomes clear that they are more focused on killing their downed friends that attacking you, evident by the act of slitting throats intead of flashing their daggers at you.

-A,1 shifts to -B,2 and stabs fallen ally at -A,3
A1 stabs B2.
E1 and E2 attacks D2 and D3 accordingly.
C3 attacks B4 and E4 attacks D4.

Saves:
A2: [roll0]

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-02, 11:26 AM
Oppritunity action and/or Immediate Interrupt:
Thought guardian on -A1: [roll0] vs will, 9 non-lethal psychic damage, and dazed.

If he is still up and i can use Opp and ImmInt on same turn (i forget the rule):
i told you i turned on my armor power. immediate interupt, i push -A1, back into -A1 when he tries to enter -B2. -A3 is still alive but unconcious

I am GONNA keep as many of these people alive as i can...

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6599/turn6ty.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-02, 08:56 PM
Lelouch continues to dart around the battlefield, dancing between the corpses and unconscious bodies. Once more his left eye flashes red as he mentally assaults the villagers, injuring their psyches as though another ally were pummeling them.

Move action: I move 5 squares in a V to B6, Suzaku shifts 1 to A3
Minor: Suzaku shifts 1 to A4
Standard: I use an un-augmented Thought Guardian in B2
(i dont know if i can only target conscious enemies, but its non-lethal anyways)
A1: [roll0] vs Will
A2: [roll1] vs Will
C3: [roll2] vs Will
[roll3] psychic damage, non-lethal

new map
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/791/turn7.png

tarsusc81
2012-09-04, 11:47 PM
Pietro attacks the closest enemy.

Standard: Vampire Slam vs E4
Attack: [roll0] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1] non-lethal damage

Vesth
2012-09-05, 12:29 AM
The two remaining villagers continue attacking their fallen comrades, succeeding in bringing another two down.

E1 moves to D1, stabs C1 and E2 stabs F3.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/lNAqpl.jpg

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-05, 12:57 AM
Lelouch has grown tired of the senseless violence, and scowls as the last two villagers standing set about to slicing the throats of those he had already knocked out. His eye flashes red one last time as he reaches into their psyches with a mental assault.

Standard: Thought guardian, ranged 10 area burst 1 centered on E1
D1: [roll0] vs will
E2: [roll1] vs will (nat 1, miss)
non-lethal damage: [roll2]

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9900/turn8.png

tarsusc81
2012-09-07, 08:28 AM
Pietro descends on the final foe.

Standard: Charge, using Vampire Slam
Move to E3, attack E2
Hit: [roll1] non-lethal damage

Heroic Effort for +4 to attack if needed

Vesth
2012-09-07, 09:46 AM
The last villager in the area falls unconsious, leaving the area is relative quiet once again. A faint drift of smoke rises from Limner to the west, as if to signal their defeat at your hands. The grass is dyed with blood, none of it yours, and those that are unconsious don't look like they're going to wake anytime soon. The faint, slightly foul magic that had persisted around the villagers still remain, however.

tarsusc81
2012-09-07, 01:42 PM
Pietro pauses, allowing the nourishment he gained during the fight to flow through him and feeling as good as new. "A strange turn of events." He kneels next to one of the villagers. "I think perhaps our attention is needed to the west, Lelouch," he says as he examines the unconscious villager. "Perhaps one of these will have some information for us, now that they're declawed. Is it worth the time to wake him up?"

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-07, 06:23 PM
Shaking his head, Lelouch begins rummaging through his haversack. "Doubtful that they will know anything. It is likely they were entranced without ever seeing the puppet master. Just take away their weapons, then we will restrain them." As he finds what he was digging for, pulling out a length of hempen rope and pulls the unconscious bodies together, coiling the rope around them and knotting it. "Now, off to the West you said?"

Vesth
2012-09-10, 12:52 AM
The party leaves the tied up villagers there as they moved down to the town.

The village used to be small and homely, with scattered houses, a church, and other small places of interest surrounding the village square. But the Dracolich's army had attacked this place first, and the more intelligent folk of his troops constructed a thick stone wall surrounding the village, with a guard post to the three exits, North, Sout and East.

The west is obstructed by some mountains that used to be the town's main source of income...and probably used to build the wall.

Limner has since been cleared of the enemy, and the armies supporting you have moved on to the north for more fighting. But...although you can't see much beyond the empty east gate from your current position, it looks like the plume of smoke is coming from the Church.

tarsusc81
2012-09-10, 07:36 PM
As they come closer, Pietro begins to veer sharply to his left, hoping to stay out of sight of any casual glances through the east gate by anyone left in the town. He approaches the wall further to the south.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-11, 05:06 AM
Lelouch and Suzaku keep pace with Pietro and follow him to the wall away from the gate. He keeps stealing glances skyward, brow furrowed as he watches smoke billow up.

Vesth
2012-09-11, 07:33 AM
The town is eerily quiet, and as Lelouch and Pietro skirts around the edge, they find no sign of activity, nor life about the gates themselves. The wall shows no signs of damage, and is as thick and sturdy as they go.

tarsusc81
2012-09-11, 10:22 PM
Pietro glides as silently as possible to the east gate, peering around the corner until he can gain a fairly complete view of the portion of the town visible from the entrance.

Stealth: [roll0]

Perception if necessary: [roll1]

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-12, 04:11 AM
Lelouch and Suzaku try to keep up with Pietro and remain unnoticed.

stealth [roll0] Edit: :smallfurious: Nat 1 AGAIN!
Suzaku too [roll1]

Vesth
2012-09-12, 06:02 AM
Pietro glides sliently, and even the blades of grass under his feet stay silent while he moves, the wind stiff and still about him, such that even his clothes made not a sound as he moved. Suzaku followed closely behind, its footsteps light upon the grassy stretch. Lelouch tries to be sneaky as well, but he trips over a rock and falls face flat on the floor, knocking his head on a rock formation as he starts tumbling down towards the town.

Luckily, no one seems to be in sight, and not a soul stirred by Lelouch's unorthdox method of approach.

The open gate reveals a path leading past rows of houses, and while the side paths lead to other areas of the city, the main pathway leads straight to the church, though you can see only the side of it due to its orientation; it is facing to the south. The smoke is obviously from the church, but you can't tell what's causing it from your current vantage point.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-13, 03:56 AM
Lelouch stands back up, muttering under his breath and dusting himself off. Seeing smoke billowing right out of the church, he hurries up the path through the town to the house of worship.

Vesth
2012-09-13, 04:53 AM
As you approach, the wind brings to you a deep, unnerving laugh, full of bloodlust and hunger, with a tint of mischievousness and madness. The voice itself was of a timbre that you can't help but feel cannot belong to a human.

As you approach the church, the source of the voice and smoke becomes apparent. The front of the church was on fire, the flames hungrily licking away at the building, soon to spread to the rest of the structure. The door is blocked with a large piece of timber forcibly nailed to the walls on either side of the smoldering double doors of the church, keeping it shut. From the windows, you can make out the figures of people huddling together, though no sounds emit from within.

At the front of the church, the apparent arsonist is a tall humanoid, a completely black being with wisps of black smoke wafting off its skin. Ridged, black armor covers its skin, complete with helmet, greaves and boots. Its face spouts two eyes and a grinning mouth, both of which shines brightly with yellow light - it seems that it doesn't have pupils, or tongue, for that matter.

It doesn't seem to have noticed you, busy laughing at the fate that had befallen the church.

DC 25 Arcana check to learn something about it.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-13, 06:11 AM
Lelouch slows immediately when the strange figure comes into sight. Signaling to his allies following, they move to cover and cautiously approach the figure, but quick about it as the temple is burning. He focuses on the figure and recollects some lore about what it is.

Lelouch stealth [roll0]
Suzaku stealth [roll1] Yay scale armor, no skill penalty
Lelouch arcana [roll2]

tarsusc81
2012-09-14, 08:44 PM
Pietro follows. Lelouch, if you can create any kind of distraction, perhaps I can get in through one of the windows to rescue anyone left alive."

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-20, 09:55 PM
Lelouch looks at the ebon figure standing outside of the church, and swallows down a bit of worry, looking back to Pietro and nodding, then looking to Suzaku and whispering orders "You follow Pietro and help him in rescuing the people, I am going to waylay the Ash Archon."

He points his allies off to a far side of the church away from the flames, where they can retrieve the huddled villagers. Lelouch dashes off to the front of the chruch, between where his allies are going and the Archon, drawing his sword and readying his shield.

Lelouch musters all his courage and shouts out at the creature. "Leave now or you will be snuffed out like a candle!"

Using 'Loosen the Chain' so Suzaku gets his own move and standard on my turns til end of encounter/5 mins so he can act on his own and help pietro.
do you have map-tools or should i set up another map?

also skill challenge + commoner fight = 2 encounters, think i have a new AP back. Suzaku is back at full HP during a short rest. i could have healed during short rest but i didnt, so I am just above bloodied. Pietro drank blood, so he's all healed up if i remember how blood-is-life works

Vesth
2012-09-21, 02:58 AM
As Lelouch approaching the black thing, Pietro sneakily breaks a window and sneaks in.

Lelouch
The Archon turns around at your words, and gives a great, hearty laugh.

"Took you long enough to come, hero. Where's your famous partner? Died in the cave just outside town?" he smirked as he turned back to the burning church, gesturing one dark hand towards the building.

"Beautiful, isn't it? So, what are you going to do about it?" he asked, as a trail of black flame bursts forth from his fingertips, letting the flame grow.

Pietro and Suzuku
The church is a simple one; it used to have a rug, several wooden tables, an altar and a statue with the symbol of Erathis at the front of the room.

Now the statue is darkened with soot, and anything wooden has since been shifted to the side, torched, or soon to be.

The people in the room are all huddled on the floor, some sobbing quiety. A few turn and look at you hopefully as you bust through the window.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/DWzNO.jpg

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-21, 04:35 AM
Lelouch:
Let's a smirk cross his face and laughs mirthfully "Oh you know how those blood drinkers are, loving their shadowy caverns and running from the sunlight. I think he is making a new home in the cavern ruins. Haha!"

Giving the Archon a steely glare while assuming a duelists stance, knowing full well this will devolve into battle and wanting to be prepared. Lelouch raises his bejeweled sword, leveling it right at the Ash Disciple and speaks in a deep commanding voice "Since you obviously will not leave, you will talk. Speak now what you want with these villagers and us. On whose orders do you come with such hostile intent?"
bluff about Pietro: [roll0]
intimidate to get information from him: [roll1]

Suzaku:
Climbing in through the window after Pietro, he crouches to keep below the smoke and looks around the room at all the townsfolk. To those looking in his direction, he gestures for them to move to the open window for Pietro to help. He moves into the room, looking to see if anyone is hurt and needing assistance to escape.

tarsusc81
2012-09-21, 09:21 AM
Pietro is little affected by the smoke in the chapel, as he frantically peers about him to assess the situation.

What do I see? If it's needed:

Vesth
2012-09-21, 10:12 AM
Lelouch
"Ah, I see how it is. You've abandoned your friend? If so, where is your servant? And I will leave. Will you go after me, or will you save your friends?" he said, unfazed by Lelouch's intimidation attempts. He doesn't seem to be in much of a rush, and his relaxed posture shows that he cares little about what happens next...or he is very confident on what is going to happen. The fire spreads a little more...

Suzuku and Pietro
As Pietro scans the room, he notices that all of them are on the floor, kneeling or otherwise, and none had yet taken the initiative to move, even with your entrance. In fact, some of them slowly shirk away from you, while one or two edge forwards towards the both of you. Pietro catches the slight of a glint of steel hidden underneath one of the villagers. The fire spreads a little more...

tarsusc81
2012-09-21, 12:42 PM
"Are you all mad?" Pietro bellows over the roaring of the flames. "Move, if you value your lives! I'm here to help!" He reaches a hand toward one of the villagers who appears to be accepting his aid.

An important question: Which villagers did Pietro see steel hidden on? The ones coming toward him, or the ones cowering away?

Either way, all-purpose Insight check if it's relevant (to assess the disposition of those cowering or those approaching):
[roll0]

And if one or more of the villagers does accept my help within the next post, an Athletics check, if necessary, for helping hoist them out the window:
[roll1]

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-21, 03:48 PM
"If you think my comrades need any saving, you clearly do not know them. And if you think I can't save this town and slay you, THEN YOU SERIOUSLY UNDERESTIMATE ME!" Lelouch rushes foreword to sink his blade into the enemy.

Charge attack to T7, using assassin feat. [roll0] [roll1]
I say we use initiative. When rolled I use battlefront shift, 3 back away from him.
Init [roll2]

Suzaku
The knight leans down beside one of the unmoving villagers and gently takes their arm, trying to help them up and usher them towards the open window.
hes oblivious and kind hearted
Init same as mine

tarsusc81
2012-09-21, 11:28 PM
If Pietro's actions will go by initiative order: [roll0]

Vesth
2012-09-22, 10:54 AM
Pietro and Suzuku
Too late, Pietro realizes what the metal thing for what it was - a knife. But his quick, sharp eyes saved him once again from being impaled.

While the new assailant jumps at Pietro, several more surround Suzuku, seperating the two, and the one that Suzuku was trying to help shouted:

"They're here! The vampire and the servant!"

Soon after he utters those words, you notice a thin, green barrier appear in front of the windows. The place suddenly seems stuffier and hotter.

Lelouch
"Oww, that hurt, you idiot!" the Archon shouted in pain, as your blow strikes the dark skin, which released a plume of smoke.

"They're here! The vampire and the servant!" came a cry from inside the church.

"I'm make you pay for that, mark my words....but for now, you have bigger things to worry about." he said with a wicked grin.

With an elaborate gesture, a burst of light bursts forth from his fingers, engulfing the whole church in a sheen of green light, which outlined every aspect of the church, covering windows and the doors in that green tinge.

Immediately, you feel no more heat from the flames, though it's obvious that it's still raging...but within the green light instead.

Hopping away from you, the Archon laughed, only to choke as he gripped his wound.

"Looks like the tables have turned, hero. Will you save your friend here and let me commit more evil across the landscape, or will you chase after me, and end this madness? Either way, you'll suffer." he leered.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/HF19E.jpg

tarsusc81
2012-09-24, 10:52 PM
Pietro bellows in anger. "Curse it all, another trap!" He hopes Lelouch can hear him outside the burning building. "I believe they've trapped us inside somehow."

Pietro scans the room, trying to take in as much detail as possible, as he nimbly steps around his foes, and then he gathers his mental faculties for one punishing assault against the nearest, psychically warding himself against further attacks while he searches for a way out.

Free: What else does Pietro see in/around the room? Is it empty except for the people?

Move: Unfettered movement to shift 3 spaces to S12

Standard: Indomitable Presence
Attack vs T13: [roll0] vs AC
Hit: [roll1] (+ [roll2] if at full HP) damage, and target takes 1d6 extra force/psychic damage from Pietro, not including this one (save ends)
Effect: Until the end of Pietro's next turn, any enemy that hits him takes 1d10 force/psychic damage, and he can push the enemy 1 square.

Action Point: Pietro examines the front door of the chapel carefully to determine if it's under the same effect as the windows, and whether there's a likely way for him to break it down or get it open.
Perception: [roll3]

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-25, 03:34 AM
Suzaku:
"Not MORE dominated villagers! They didn't even care if these ones were going to be burnt to death!"

He lets go of the villager and reaches back for his maul, which he hefts around his body in a wide arc and plants in the gut of the villager beside him. He then moves back closer to the open window barred by the barrier, and swings to knock out another of the attackers.
Standard: Attack U18 [roll0] vs AC; [roll1] non-lethal
Move: shift 1 to U16, adjacent to 2 enemies
Free: Compelled attack on V15 [roll2] vs AC; [roll3] non-lethal

Lelouch:
He turns and faces the green aura surrounding the temple, seeing the smoke trapped inside and knows the same is true for his friends. He reaches out and tries to sense the magic binding of the barrier and uses his arcane training to dispel the magic. Successful or not, he turns back around to face his enemy and gives a glare filled with all of his hatred. He then chases after him, making a b-line for him and charging into his side as he flees.
Standard: dispel magic [roll4] Arcana
Minor: evil eye of the vistani on Archon; [roll5] vs will
--target grants combat advantage and cannot willing move closer to me (save ends)
Move: 6 squares left to V1, then 3 diagonally to S-2 on charge
Action Point:Suzaku free, & charge [roll6](+2 ca) vs AC, [roll7] damage

Effects: Evil eye Tattoo -2 saves (save ends) on enemy when i AP
Amulet of seduction: when i impose a charm effect that a save can end, the target takes -2 (stackable) to the first save
Phrenic crown; attack on will, target takes -2 on its first save effect from attack.
So Archon has -2 on tattoo and -4 on eye

Vesth
2012-09-25, 11:01 AM
Pietro and Suzuku
As your respective opponents fall to the flat of your blades, others edge closer, while a few shuffles back towards the fire...as if deciding whether or not to throw themselves into the flames. One enemy attacks Pietro...or tries to, and gets thrown back, and the rest stops trying to touch him. The heat of the flames start to become opressive, and the orange glow becomes even brighter, a falling piece of timber crashes to the ground, narrowly missing Pietro.

The statue has started to melt, and the room is mostly just filled with people, and a now burning rug; all of the furniture has already been added as fuel.

Pietro
Through the smoke, you notice the gaps in the walls and ceiling where the fire has already eaten through have the same greenish tinge. And from the way the flames are fanning inwards, it seems that it prevents the flames from escaping the supposed barrier either. The front door is on flames as well, and through it, you can see the same tinge of green as on the windows.

Abrubtly, the green tinge disappears.

Lelouch
With surprising nimbleness, the Archon sidesteps Lelouch's charge, and pressing his face agains't Lelouch's, the black and yellow visage turns positively cruel.

"BURN."

Too late, Lelouch realizes his error, but even as he backpedals away from the Archon, a wave of dark energy rolls forth, a horrible feeling that seeped into the very bones of his unfortunate opponent.

"Let's try that again..." he said as he moved further away from his opponent.

Behind you, you could feel the green barrier disappearing from your powerful spell, and the Archon hissed in annoyance, but seems otherwise unpertubed.

Lelouch is pushed 2 squares, and takes 18 necrotic damage, and ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends).

Map
http://i.imgur.com/jD2Za.jpg

tarsusc81
2012-09-25, 08:32 PM
Pietro grimaces as he watches the villagers, likely not of their own free will, inching toward the flames, slowly resolving himself to the fact that he will save few. He stoops, seizing the man he's just disabled. He will at least save whomever he can.

"Lelouch!" Pietro shouts. "If you're still out there, I'm going to attempt the front door!"

Pietro heaves his unconscious prisoner with him as he makes for the door, depositing him on the ground again before gathering himself for one mighty blow against the strong wood.

Minor: Pick up the villager at T13 (need only lift him enough to drag him)

Move: To Q11

Free: Drop villager in R11

Standard: Unleashed Fury against the door, and spend a healing surge to increase the damage
Hit: [roll1] damage
Special: [roll2] extra damage

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-26, 05:20 AM
Suzaku:
Seeing his friend bashing down the door, he decides it is time to leave, and swings to plant his hammer in the gut of the last villager standing beside him. Once winding and knocking out the poor person, Suzaku begins grabbing the unconscious bodies around him and tosses them out the open window as gently as he can.
Attack: [roll0] vs ac on T15, [roll1] non-lethal
rest of his turn getting the limp bodies out the window

Lelouch:
He hisses as the attack blackens his flesh and life-force, staggering just a bit but steeling his resolve to continue the onslaught. "You can not possibly conceive how grave a mistake you made when you crossed me. You will NOT be spared like the villagers you use as pawns!" Lelouch raises his bloodied arm, holding the sword aloft and advances on the Archon, sending forth energies to rend his enemies mind and punish him for not surrendering.
18 necrotic bloodies me, then the ongoing 10 at start of turn takes me to 39 hit points.
Minor: Shake it off, saving throw +cha for my ongoing [roll2]
Move: 6 squares to R,-2
Standard: Thought Guardian (aug 4) burst 1 on R,-9 [roll3]+2ca vs will.
[roll4] psychic damage to Archon, and it creates a thought guardian in that square
Opp attack if he moves away from R,-9 or attacks me with a -4 penalty, +25+ca VS will; 9 damage and dazed.

Vesth
2012-09-27, 08:42 AM
Pietro and Suzuku
With a stomp and a kick, Pietro successfully kicks open the door, and Suzuku managed to haul off one of the unconsious, having to dodge another piece of timber that fell from the ceiling. It becomes clear that the whole building is falling apart, what with more and more of the ceiling coming down in flames. In a bizzare form of teamwork, some of the villagers form a chain, much as they would to fetch water to quench a fire. But instead of water to a fire, it's one of their fallen to the fire. A few others are crushed by the falling lumber, and one or two willing jumped into the flames.

Lelouch
"Hah, what is that ugly supposed to-ARGH!" he cried in pain as the newly created Thought Guardian blasted him as he moved backwards, away from Lelouch. He hissed at the magical attack, and at Lelouch's continued chase. He doesn't looke very pleased by the latest attack, though he hardly seemed too damaged in general.

"You have more to worry about than a couple of villagers! Do you think we would aim so low? HAHAHAHAHA!"

Map
http://i.imgur.com/FOr98.png

tarsusc81
2012-09-27, 08:42 PM
Pietro is heartened to see that Suzaku seems to be on his way to safety, but livid at the sight of the villagers sacrificing themselves. He hesitates an instant, looking to where another of the villagers lies just 15 feet away. So close. But as he watches the chapel's structural supports fall around him, he knows it is now or never. He lifts the one villager he has managed to save, and then hurls them both through the smoke and out the door.

Pietro charges out the chapel door, deposits his unconscious charge a safe distance from the burning building, and struggles against the sudden brightness to see his surroundings. Catching sight of Lelouch several yards away, he rushes to his companion's side.

Minor: Pick up the villager

Move: Run to Q7
Granting that the villager weighs more than 60 lbs or so, Pietro is carrying a heavy load. Running = 4 (2 + 2)

Free: Deposit villager at Q6

Move: Run to Q-1

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-27, 10:46 PM
Suzaku:
"We have to go help Lelouch! He is facing off against that unnatural thing all by himself!"
Standard; heft person at T15 out the open window
Move; run 7 squares to R9 out the open doorway

Lelouch:
Grinning again as he hears his friends bursting out of the burning building and knows his backup is coming, he feels bolstered and confident. "And you have more to worry about than just me. Just surrender already, cease your attacks, and tell us what you know. We may just banish you from reality if you comply! Pietro, Suzaku, STOP HIM!"
Move; 6 to S-8, and Suzaku runs 7 to R2 when I move
Minor; Suzaku runs 7 to R-5 as my command.
Standard; Thought guardian, augment 4, on R-18 again, placing the figure in his way at R-19
attack; [roll0] vs will, [roll1], -4 to attack me
oppritunity again, +25 vs will, 9 damage and dazed on a hit, if he attacks me or moves away from guardian.

Vesth
2012-09-28, 07:33 AM
As Pietro and Suzuku rush out out of the Church, the whole thing crumbles, awash with flames that greedily consume timber and flesh.

As Lelouch enacted yet another Thought Guardian that struck the Archon in the chest, it growed, and braced another blast from it as it zipped past the construct.

"Oh? Leaving the rest of the villagers in peril as you come to chase me? And you can't banish me, you hardly have enough power to do so! Just a bit further, and you can just sit there and lick your wounds!" it laughed.

Ahead, the empty south gate looms.
It has taken a total of 87 damage, and is bloodied.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/cRP21.jpg

tarsusc81
2012-09-28, 06:57 PM
The scene in front of Pietro needs little explanation. He makes a desperate attempt to stop the fleeing opponent, dashing forward and pulling his crossbow from his equipment. He takes careful aim and lets a bolt fly.

Move: Move to Q-7

Minor: Draw crossbow

Standard: Ranged Basic Attack vs R-26 (long range)
Attack: [roll0] (includes -2) vs AC
Hit: [roll1] damage

Heroic Effort to add +4 to the attack roll if it misses

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-28, 08:50 PM
Suzaku & Lelouch

Knowing he is running out of power to hinder their enemy, Lelouch looks over his shoulder at his knight-protector Suzaku and nods, focusing on his mind to remove his physical limitations and unleash fury upon the Archon. Suzaku races forward past his compatriot, turning into a blur as he covers over a hundred feat in a few moments, then spins to deliver two strong blows to the Archons face.

Suzaku Move: 5 squares from R-7 to R-12
Lelouch Move: 6 squares to S-14, and Suzaku 5 to R-17
Lelouch Minor: Command Suzaku to move 5 to Q-22
Lelouch Standard: Serve Me Well; enc thrall, effect: Suzaku moves 5 P-23>P-25>Q-27
Attack: [roll0] vs AC, [roll1], and archon has -2 to attack Suzaku if hit.
Suzaku Standard: MBA [roll2] vs AC, [roll3] damage

Vesth
2012-09-29, 06:40 AM
Pietro quickly launches an arrow at the fleeing Archon, but moving targets are notoriously difficult to hit, and as the missle whips past the Archon's head, he spins around, just to see a giant hammer plow into his face, smacking him upwards. As he is lifted off the ground, he attemps a quick somersault to right himself, but Suzuku doesn't let up, and follows with another blow, the thundering sound a sign of a sure hit, that sent the Archon spiralling backwards. But even then, he still moves....until the final blow from Suzuku dents his helmet as the Archon promptly explodes a billowing cloud of necrotic energy, his last words spilling out in the air as Suzuku takes the brunt of the explosion.

"You haven't won yet. My Master will tear you apart..."

Suzuku take [roll0] vs Fort, [roll1] necrotic damage, and the target is blinded (save ends)

Combat is over! 1400 exp per person!

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-09-30, 02:44 AM
Lelouch sits down heavily and heavs a sigh, sheathing his sword and retrieving a kit to tend to and patch his wounds, as well as Suzaku's just to be safe. Then he finally pulls out the scepter he found earlier in the caves and begins examining it, holding his palm over it and sensing out the lattice of arcane powers entwined about it. When getting the impression that the scepter was a strong mental warding tool, he reflected back on his studies and training, hoping he could recall such an item, but it must be too mundane old or obscure.

Standing and dusting himself off, he turns to where the Archon was fell, looking over the area to see if any items had been left behind that might lend some clue. Whether his search turns up anything or not, he turns to his allies and signals to follow, "We have some work to do, and we must see if there is anything we can do for those villagers who we couldn't save." Each of them picking up a survivor and heading back out to the field where they had tied up the unconscious villagers.

tarsusc81
2012-09-30, 06:00 PM
Pietro heaves the villager he carried from the chapel onto his shoulders. "It grieves me that we could save so few, as I'm convinced they were not acting of their own free will. I hope these few can tell us something useful when they awake." He turns to gaze at their fallen foe. "What was it, Lelouch? Did you gain any information from it?"

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-10-02, 06:12 PM
Lelouch scowls and shakes his head before looking to Pietro "I'm afraid not. As much as that thing bragged and went on, it did not seem to divulge any information. All I can say for sure is that he worked for someone else, the knew who we are and how we work together. Somehow they dominated an entire village to make feeble attacks on us then slaughter each other when we tried to knock them out." He turns back and continues walking out to the hill where they left the survivors tied up. He had an idea of something to try since he had noticed the dark magic clouding their minds didn't dispel when they defeated them. "After we are done here we can go North to report in to Marcelle Sen that the Dracolich has fallen and the town is again in shambles. Or we can head south as the ebon evil was, as that likely leads on to any of his allies."
I want to put the villagers unconscious hands, as many at a time as i can, on the scepter, and try to break the magical domination on their minds.
[roll0] arcana

Vesth
2012-10-06, 07:10 AM
As the scepter is placed into each of the villager's hands, the back aura seems to struggle and shudder violently, before dissipitating, though the first seemed dangerously close the expanding rapidly. All in all, 8 of the villagers stopped breathing, while 14 seemed to have been freed from the magical aura.

tarsusc81
2012-10-06, 08:43 AM
Now that the villagers seem to be free of their magical bonds, Pietro begins trying to coax one back to consciousness. "North, I say," he says as he does so. "It is high time we regrouped and shared information with our allies. Perhaps Marcelle knows something about what's happening here. If we can't learn anything from these, that is. Speaking of regrouping, however, I believe it would be best if we rested here for the night before setting out. The threat on the village seems to have passed, whatever it was."

Heal: [roll0]

Vesth
2012-10-06, 09:26 PM
"Wha-what in the blazes in going on?" the villager Pietro awoke said, clearly disoriented by the experience, and altogther looks as if he had just woken up from a deep sleep.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-10-07, 03:58 AM
"Please calm sir, we are the three heroes who aid the generals. We slew the DracoLich in its lair. When we emerged you townsfolk attacked us then slew eachother. Obviously foul magical domination befell the town. We have saved who we can, and I will see if I can tend to any of the fallen." Guy-L says this without ever looking at him as he turned to those who stopped breathing after dispelling the domination. He uses his limited knowledge in the body to try resuscitate the eight who were slipping toward death.
cardio-pulmonary resuscitation to the rescue! Spend a minute keeping them alive, dangit!
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] heal checks, there's all eight.

Vesth
2012-10-07, 04:26 AM
"Oh thanks god, heroes! I-I....oh dear god!" he said as his eyes open in recollection of some recent memory, and doubling over, he started retching onto the floor.

"There was this....there was this..." he said as he recovered from the mental image.

"There was this underground chamber! I don't know how we got there, but there were this disgusting fish people who killed my wife! They....they ripped her head right off! By the heavens! And then...and then, this thing rose out of the water, and looked at me...then everything went blur."

Lelouch's attempts at revival yield no effect...it's as if there's no mind or soul to sustain life, rather than the body giving up on the individual.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-10-08, 08:04 PM
Lelouch ceases trying to revive those villagers whose bodies had no life left in them, standing as he brushes off his hands and knees. He turns and listens to the man who finished retching up his stomach. Then he looks towards Pietro, though seems lost in thought as he sifts through aquatic lore. "Fish people you say? I know of four types of aquatic beings, but I think we can rule out merfolk and sea-elves. That leaves us with sahuagin and kuo-toa, but sahuagin are coastal. Kuo-toa can come from any caverns that reach to the Underdark, and known to work with maddening monstrosities. They are our most-likely culprit..."
He finally actually looks to Pietro, Suzaku, and himself, noting how haggard and battle-worn they all are.
"I think we all need to rest and recover our strength. We should see about getting a message to Marcelle to the north, then tomorrow set out the way the Ash Archon was heading. I believe whoever was behind all this can be found to the south."

tarsusc81
2012-10-09, 03:48 PM
Pietro looks grim as he listens to the villager's tale. "I am truly sorry for your loss," he tells the man. "But I believe your ordeal is over. If you will help us with your fellows, I think a good night's rest is in order for all."

Pietro begins attempting to revive the other surviving villagers. "Let's get the rest of them safely back to the village proper and find a place to sleep ourselves. From there, we will go south if you think that is best. Who do you intend to send to give word to the generals? And I do hope we aren't missing any information they might already have about these events." He heaves a sigh. "You would think that after the dracolich we would have time for a respite."

Vesth
2012-10-10, 04:01 AM
As Pietro revives the remaining villagers, it appears that something is horribly wrong - a few of them are alive and awake, but they stare blankly as if their mind is completely blank. The rest of the villagers thank you profoundly, and hearing that you plan to spend the night, they tried to make the place as hospitable for you, their saviors.

The villagers set to work, one or two gently carrying away the mind-dead, or they call them, and put them in one of the houses, with a single villager watching over them and feeding them.

The other villagers cleaned up what's left of the church, and set to removing their fallen, a few hours worth of pain and suffering as they dragged them to the graveyard outside the village.

Lelouch finds a faint aura about the village, the nexus of which is near the remains of the Archon (which none of the villagers dared to touch). It seems like a trigger to create another green barrier like the one around the church, but around the village, though he couldn't find out how to activate or deactivate it.

Interestingly enough, Pietro notices some of the villager's attempts to remove any crosses in sight, and the evening meal is devoid of any garlic whatsoever.

As night turns to day, with a good night in a house to sleep in from one of the deseased and a hearty breakfast of roasted chicken and ham, the villagers gave you a final gift, a hamper of sorts to thank you for your efforts.

Recover all dailies, AP at 1, health to full.

The hamper has:
3000gp
1 potion of recovery
Power (Consumable ✦ Healing): Minor Action. Drink the
potion and spend a healing surge. Instead of the hit points
you would normally regain, you regain 50 hit points and
make a saving throw against each effect on you that a save
can end.
5 potions of healing
Power (Consumable ✦ Healing): Minor Action. Drink this
potion and spend a healing surge. Instead of the hit points
you would normally regain, you regain 10 hit points.
1 Gravespawn potion
Power (Consumable): Minor Action. Drink this potion and
spend a healing surge. You do not regain hit points as
normal. Instead, gain resist 5 necrotic and resist 5 poison
until the end of the encounter. You also gain a +5 power
bonus to your next Endurance check against any disease
of level 5 or lower.
A simple gold ring
Two crude dolls that resembles Lelouch and Pietro
A ritual scroll with the spell "Cure Disease".
The Cure Disease ritual wipes away a single disease
afflicting the subject, whether the disease is active or still
incubating. The subject is completely cured and loses any
negative side effects and symptoms of the disease.
This ritual is physically taxing to the recipient; if used
on an injured character, it can even kill him or her. Upon
completing this ritual, make a Heal check, using the level of
the disease as a penalty to this check. The result indicates
the amount of damage the character takes. Assuming the
character survives, this damage can be healed normally.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-10-10, 05:42 AM
Accepts the basket of supplies and gear with a nod, taking stock of its contents but retrieves the money, gold ring, and minor healing potions, handing them back to the villagers. "You can use this money to begin paying for clerics. We will handle whatever took peoples minds and wills, and find a way to restore balance. Use this to bring back those who died well before their time and any loved ones or needed community. It should afford six rituals to bring the dead back to life again within the month. Thank you for the rest, I am sure it is not easy to spare anything at the moment." Finishes packing away the supplies in his haversack and looks out at the few remnants of the Archon they battled, letting his mind wander for a moment.
"What we could really use right now would be a communication ritual, whether animal messenger or sending. I don't suppose you would happen to have a scroll of one of those?" Lelouch says with little optimism in his voice, "Well, we don't have time to waste going after the enemy, but we have to get word to Marcelle and her forces to the north. We will travel to her if we must."

Vesth
2012-10-10, 06:53 AM
"Thanks heroes." One villager said as he took back the returned gifts, as they discussed whether or not they had such a scroll.

"We apologise, we don't have such a scroll, but we do have horses if you need them."

One of ladies speak up, "Do you need to deliever a message? I have a pet hawk..."

tarsusc81
2012-10-12, 08:24 AM
"Your hawk is trained to do such a thing?" Pietro asks. "This would truly be the greatest boon you could give us, if you are willing."

Vesth
2012-10-12, 08:37 AM
"Hah hah, of course it can deliever messages! She's been using it to deliever love letters to her boyfriend from Skarnok all month!" one of the other girls shouted and the lover in question blushed furiously at the remark.

tarsusc81
2012-10-13, 03:16 PM
Pietro gives a polite smile at the girls' antics, wondering to himself if the hawk can really accomplish what they need it too. However, he says, "Well then, it's equal to the task, I suppose! We'll gratefully accept your assistance. It appears my companion is already composing our message."

He turns fully to Lelouch, stepping close as he walks casually past him and away from the group. "We're taking a large risk, I'd say," he mutters faintly.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-10-15, 08:08 AM
Lelouche nods to Pietro but jots out a short missive, saying the dracolich is slain, the village had been under attack by itself, they defeated an Archon, and going after fish people to the south. He wrote Marcelle's name on the outside and rolled it up, handing it over to the blushing girl who offered up her hawk. "Thank you yet again, be sure this reaches the forces in the North. We should have gone in person, but getting to the bottom of this is time-sensitive." Gathers up his things then heads outside and towards the southern gate, stopping briefly by the spot it was slain to maybe find anymore details about the Archon.

[roll0] +12 heal, +23 arcana, or +17 perception

Vesth
2012-10-15, 10:06 AM
The girl agrees, and the rest of the villages give their farewells and words of gratitude as you leave.

Lelouch
The metal remnants of the armor is cool to the touch, and from what you can tell, whatever it was made of had dissipated or exploded upon it's death, not unlike a fire Archon. However, you feel pretty certain that whatever this Archon is, it is not natural...or at least as natural as Archons go.

Vesth
2012-10-17, 07:34 AM
The road is a well-worn one, and the trip is fairly uneventful, with little happening other than the sounds of birds as they fly overhead.

The vegetation to your left slowly thickens, eventually becoming a dense forest, which eventually cuts in front of you as the path makes a sharp right turn.

It is at this junction where two paths are open to you; the first is to continue following the road, which will probably lead to another town, or south, a wide opening of grass and leaves, guarded by trees on either side, leading into the forest.

tarsusc81
2012-10-18, 10:30 AM
"What do you think, Lelouch?" Pietro asks. "Our quarry hardly seems likely to have been taking the well traveled way. But on the other hand, I'm not sure we're going to stumble on what we seek just by continuing south ourselves. It think we should follow the road. Wherever it leads, we can keep our supplies fresh and seek any news of the creatures we're looking for."

As he speaks, Pietro scans the forest carefully.

Nature: [roll0]

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-10-20, 05:00 AM
Lelouch
Forests, especially one as lush as this, don't just 'open up', and leave a space that has no trees at all. Either there is something wrong with the soil that impedes only tree growth (as there are still leaves and grasses), or someone has tampered with this section. There are no stumps, so this part of the forest could have been magically supressed, or by some other unnatural method.

Points at the gap through the woods as he looks to Pietro. "That pathway is not a natural occurrence, and bears investigation. Besides, we just barely left the last village...I think our supplies are fine for now."

tarsusc81
2012-10-20, 09:45 PM
"Onward then," Pietro concedes. "I hope our quarry presents itself soon."

Vesth
2012-10-27, 11:04 PM
The path continues for several more metres, before ending in a circular clearing.

The grass here is wilder and thorns snake across the ground, threatening to trip over anyone who tries to run. In the centre of the clearing is a circular formation of several ancient tall stones with faint blue markings that face inwards, and green vines that wrap around the structures show their obvious age.

There seems to be nothing else here...

Lelouch
The structures radiate residual energy, as if they were used magically for some purpose or another. It is unclear what this purpose is for.

Pietro
At the very edge of the clearing, your keen eyes spot another of those stone structures hidden by leaves and shrubs. It is hard to tell from this distance.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-10-29, 01:56 AM
Lelouch carefully approaches the circle of stones and begins to examine the markings covering them. He spends a fair about of time looking at them all, being sure he clearly discerns the faded markings. Then copying them onto a piece of parchment, his attention turns inward to memories of training and education, trying to piece together any useful lore pertaining to the symbols before him.

arcane lore: [roll0] arcana

Vesth
2012-10-29, 02:13 AM
Lelouch
The runes are faded, and very difficult to read, but from what you can tell, this seems to be some form of teleportation. You can't decipher enough to tell what's at the other end of the portal, however.

tarsusc81
2012-10-29, 10:09 PM
"I'm a bit unsettled at our knack for stumbling over important things," Pietro mutters. His eyes catch something, and he moves to the edge of the clearing. "Look, Lelouch," he says. "There's another of the structures that doesn't seem to be part of the circle." Reaching the lone structure, he begins trying to clear the overgrowth away from it.

Perception to notice anything about the structure: [roll0]

History for anything Pietro knows about the markings: [roll1]

Vesth
2012-10-31, 12:04 AM
Pietro
The stone is shorter and wider than the other stones in the clearing. The runes look slightly different too, with green markings instead of blue. As you clear the leaves, you notice another stone, just like the one you just uncovered, a few metres deeper into the undergrowth. And beyond that...another one. It seems to be some sort of path.

tarsusc81
2012-11-01, 08:31 AM
"Lelouch, you'll want to see this," Pietro says. "There's a continuous line of stones leading off into the woods over here. It's a path. Discover anything about the circle?"

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-01, 12:31 PM
Before going over to see what Pietro discovered, he tries to discern how long ago the circle was last used. Lelouch also looks around for any recent tracks besides theirs, or obvious signs of travel to/from the teleportation circle. There may not be much point to further investigation if this is not where the Archon came from or was heading.
arcana [roll0]
perception: [roll1]
Lelouch sidles up next to Pietro and pulls more of the growth away from the squat pillar, examining the markings to determine their purpose, and to figure if it has any relation to the circle of stones close by. Then he focuses his senses on things unseen, wanting to know when last the overgrown pillars were active
[roll2] history/religion for the runes
[roll3] arcana to determine their function
then arcana for last use [roll4]

Vesth
2012-11-01, 09:30 PM
Lelouch
The circle of stones and the line of stones were used very recently; any time from a few seconds ago to a few hours ago. The line of stones seem to be a weaker version of the circle of stones, and you suspect it teleports someone from one stone to the next, like some sort of relay system. The runes seem really obscure, but you realize that, by focusing your energies in a specific way, you could probably activate it.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-02, 03:39 PM
Lelouch looks at the stone circle, and then at the line of stones leading off through the woods. "Well firstly, these have been used recently, anytime within minutes or the last couple days. Secondly, and this is very strange...rather than a teleportation circle leading directly to another like that one over there, these stones seem to act as a relay. Usually a teleportation circle has to clearly indicate the destination circle so you do not end up spliced into a wall, but that has a weakness of easily disabling them, and determining the end location from reading the runes. I have no idea where we will come out, as it seems these pass us along from stone to stone..."
Trusting in his instincts, Lelouch takes Pietros arm and holds out a hand, funneling power into the stones to activate the teleportation.
[roll0] arcana

Vesth
2012-11-03, 06:08 AM
Your vision blurs as you teleport from stone to stone, a disorienting experience as images flash before your eyes in quick succession as you seem to travel through the forest, across a small chasm, and into a large clearing, where it finally stops.

The both of you seem to be at a large stone temple of sorts, derelict and overgrown, with vines and roots seeping through cracks all over the place.

A long flight of stairs lead up in a few feet in front of you, leading to the entrance, where you see a shadowy figure seemingly staring at you for a moment, before vanishing inside.

tarsusc81
2012-11-05, 08:03 AM
Pietro draws his weapon and begins to make his way cautiously up the stairs.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-05, 06:54 PM
He reaches for the shield slung across his back, strapping it to his forearm while keeping in step behind Pietro. Reaching the top steps, Lelouch peers in through the entrance searching for the figure, while also remaining aware of his surroundings and darting eyes around to not be ambushed. In his right hand he holds the scepter from the lair of the Dracolich, the mental shielding it provides giving him a sense of protection, as a child's safety blanket.

low-light vision, passive perception 27, passive insight 22
looking for the figure, if the passive doesn't cover it [roll0]

Vesth
2012-11-09, 07:22 AM
As all three of you reach the top of the ancient steps, you can see from your vantage point that the temple is surronded by a thick, lush forest that stretches for miles, with curious looking stones of different shapes and sizes littered everywhere.

The huge temple doors in front of you swing inward, as if of its own accord, and opens up to a big stone room beyond, a chamber strangely devoid of plants or dust.

A pedestal is the main feature of this chamber, occuping the center of the room...and in the center lies a dead hawk, an arrow sticking in its flank, and blood pools from beneath it. You can see a rolled-up note tied to its leg, stained red by the blood.

On the other side of the room is a mirror, but instead of seeing a reflection of the room, you see a tall and slender man grinning at you on the other side of it.

"My, my. My master wasn't expecting guests today. We took quite a big effort to prepare your present. Do you like it?" he laughs, gesturing at the pedestal.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/Gw9pO.png#.UJzz7Icsma8

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-10, 05:56 PM
Lelouch is quite fed up with all these interlopers and world-dominating pretenders. Glaring at the mirror, he bends down and picks up a stone from the floor. Lelouch bends his arm back then flings it at the reflective surface, trying to shatter it and end the monologue of the tall figure.
unarmed RBA [roll0] vs AC [roll1]

Vesth
2012-11-10, 11:30 PM
"Even now, Marcelle is-"

The stone smashes into the mirror, and the whole thing cracks, shattering into a million infinitesimal pieces.

Behind the mirror, a normal looking brown door stands in place.

tarsusc81
2012-11-11, 06:38 PM
Pietro sighs. "Is that the hawk I think it is?" he asks wearily as Lelouch winds up to throw the stone. "Are you sure that's . . ." The stone flies, and Pietro tenses, anxiously waiting to see what will occur when it strikes the mirror.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-12, 07:52 PM
Lelouch sighs heavily and signals Suzaku to walk in infront of him, following close behind. "Yes Pietro, that is the same hawk, and yes it was necessary to smash the mirror." He approaches the door and checks it over for any traps before proceeding onward.

perception [roll0]

Vesth
2012-11-13, 07:22 AM
The door reveals an oval room of sorts, with a door at the opposite end. There is also a concentric ring of stones much like the ones you have activated to travel here. Even as you pass through the door, the man from the mirror fires a blast of energy at you, though it falls wide, blackening the wall beside your heads instead.

"Drat it," he muttered, "But still, I have the upper hand!"

Grinning at you, he backtracks to the stone at the far end of the room, fishing out a small key from his pocket...and swallowing it whole. "How do you beat someone you can't hit?" he calls out to you, before uttering a short incantation. As soon as his hand touches the the stone, it lights up, and he promptly vanishes.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/YPvgO.png#.UKI7kocsma8

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-13, 04:58 PM
Lelouch responds quickly and dashes over to the stone to inspect it. Suzaku is quick on his heels but the master orders him to stop and cover the left side of the room and to be ready for anything. The psion focuses intensely on the stone to figure out how it functions and if he can at all discern which way the man headed and if he will come out somewhere else in the room. Lelouch calls out to Suzaku to charge the first thing that pops out.

I run 7 squares to the stone to his last position.
Same move action, have Suzaku move to -K6
Minor to make an arcana check on the stone: [roll0]
Standard readied, Serve me Well, Suzaku moves his speed(5) and makes an attack
Do you want initiative checks now?

tarsusc81
2012-11-14, 07:50 AM
Pietro moves cautiously to the east side of the room, examining the stones and double checking whether there are any other routes out of the room.

Move: To -K19

Vesth
2012-11-14, 10:59 PM
The man appears at another stone, and lets loose a blast that barely missed Lelouch's face, before disappearing again.

Lelouch
Arcana check: It seems to have a different method of activating which you can't figure out. But, you think that he may be teleporting in a certain pattern

Pietro
You don't see any other exits, but if you concentrate, you can barely hear the sound of running water, as if coming from far away.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/mP5tw.png#.UKRpDIcsma8

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-16, 04:31 AM
Lelouch yelps out as he ducks the bolt of energy hurled his way. "Both of you move to the next stone! I can only guess he'll come out there next!"

I move behind the top stone for cover, -V9
I'll have suzaku move 5 , then as a minor move near the stone at M16
Standard to ready Suzakus MBA (immediate reaction, if the guy pops out)

tarsusc81
2012-11-16, 09:14 PM
Thinking he should make the most out of any attack he manages to land on their foe, Pietro takes out a magic whetstone and touches it to his khopesh to embue it with acidic potency. Then he moves quickly into position between two of the stones, ready to lunge if the man shows himself again.

Minor: Caustic Whetstone (consumable; for the rest of the encounter, any successful attack deals ongoing 4 acid damage, save ends)

Move: to -M18

Standard: Ready Action
Trigger: An enemy is within 2 squares of Pietro at any time
Action: Wrenching Claw, Augment 1
This gives Pietro a reach of 2 for the attack. Will make the following attack:

Attack: vs AC
Damage: [roll1d8+13 force damage and slide target 1 square to a square adjacent to Pietro

tarsusc81
2012-11-16, 09:16 PM
Fix for roll in previous post: [roll0]

Vesth
2012-11-16, 11:32 PM
The man appeared again, just out of the reach of two members of the party, and shot a blast of energy at Suzuku, before vanishing again.

I can't find Suzuku's AC. Is it the same as Lelouch's?

Anyway, for this turn, I'll roll here.

Necrotic Blast:
Attack VS AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] necrotic damage.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/XRagI.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-17, 01:24 AM
Lelouch calls out to his companions "Hold your ground! It looks as though he'll be coming out on one of the sides of the next stone, be ready to rush him." as he rushes foreward to duck behind the next stone.
yeah that hit him. hopefully hitting the guy will stop his vanishing, cus i need him hittable on MY turn. *glares*
Lelouch moves to -T14, suzaku stays where he is at.
ready the encounter Serve me well (suzaku moves speed, makes 2[w] attack)

tarsusc81
2012-11-17, 10:35 PM
Pietro curses as the man appears just out of reach, but is moving again even as his enemy vanishes, positioning himself much the same way.

Move: to -L18

Damage: [roll1] force damage and slide target 1 square to a square adjacent to Pietro

Vesth
2012-11-17, 11:37 PM
The man appeared at another stone, firing a blast that struck Pietro, dealing 18 damage, but before he could disappear, Suzuku charges forward, and plants his sword in the man's thigh. He manages to place a hand on the stone and escape further damage however.

A few of the stones turn a bright red color.

What's the damage for the attack?

Map
http://i.imgur.com/lcnUj.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-18, 05:54 AM
immediate reaction,readied Serve me Well[roll0] vs AC; [roll1] hammer damage, and the target takes a -2 to attacks against the thrall until the start of my next turn(which isnt that great since im going again now...WITH NOTHING TO HIT!!!)

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-18, 07:09 AM
Lelouch grins as they finally land a blow on the fleeting man. He must surly be limping now after Suzaku hobbled his knee with that hulking hammer of his. Seeing the stones turn red, he moves up and turns his attention to the next two stones, aiming the scepter at the void between them. Lelouch keeps his eyes moving for the man, one gleaming slightly red. Seeing where Lelouch is pointing, Suzaku moves over quickly and readies his hammer for action.

I move out from behind the stone, to -N13
Suzaku moves 5 squares over to -E12
Then i am going to ready an attack. Immediate reaction, trigger; him appearing. So it should happen before he gets an attack.
Thought Guardian aug1;burst 1 on him [roll0] vs will
[roll1] psychic damage, -4 to attack me, 4 psychic damage if he tries.
You can publicly roll the +25 if he is adjacent to an ally, attack is all.

tarsusc81
2012-11-18, 07:56 PM
Pietro gives a growl of frustration and darts forward again, thinking of little else to do but ready himself between the next two stones.

Move: to -F14

Damage: [roll1] force damage and slide target 1 square to a square adjacent to Pietro

Vesth
2012-11-18, 09:28 PM
A burst of light emits from each of the four red stones, criss-crossing each other, and forming some sort of impermeable barrier right in front of Lelouch's face, completely preventing him from attacking others on the other side of it. Luckily, as he popped out, Pietro was there to intercept, and his staggered backwards before vanishing again.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/zbIip.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-19, 12:13 AM
Lelouch keeps dashing about, setting up to end this fight as soon as possible, commanding Suzaku to keep on his toes, and attack any opening.
Suzaku moves to -H8, Lelouch moves to -P7
Minor for Mind Shroud; Lelouch is slowed and superior cover EoNT
Standard, Suzaku has a Readied Charge for anywhere around the next two stones.
Readied Charge Maul: [roll0] vs AC; [roll1]

tarsusc81
2012-11-20, 09:34 PM
Pietro smiles with satisfaction as the acidic blade bites into his foe, then moves yet again, gathering all his undead power to prepare for a more powerful attack.

Reminder: Enemy has 4 ongoing acid damage now that he's been hit by Pietro's blade!

Move: To -E8

Standard: Ready action
Trigger: An enemy is within 3 squares of Pietro
Action: Hungry Swarm

Close blast 3
Attack vs each enemy in blast: [roll0] vs Fortitude
Hit: [roll1] damage (+3 to bloodied enemy) and the target is blinded (save ends)
Miss: Half damage
Effect: Pietro teleports to -G5 and is invisible until end of his next turn. If he hits the enemy, he gains a healing surge.

Vesth
2012-11-21, 08:08 AM
The red stones flare, and the lines of red connect differently, completely putting Suzaku out of range of attack. Luckily, Pietro was there to intercept again, and as he took damage, looking much worse for the wear, he managed to fire a blast of energy at the vampire before disappearing.

Some of the stones change color again.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Map
http://i.imgur.com/cr1xw.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-21, 09:28 AM
move past corner of the laser gates from the phantom menace (yeah I called you on it) then standard to move again to -L2
AP, don't get my tattoo, Suzaku mba's the force wall
Readied Dominate daily (range 20 dominate, ongoing 10 psychic on miss) save ends -6
[roll0] vs will

tarsusc81
2012-11-22, 08:24 AM
After Pietro melts into a fury of shadows to strike at the enemy, he fades from sight completely, causing his foe's attack to miss narrowly. Still invisible, he waits for the man to appear again.

Pietro was invisible, and thus had total concealment against the previous attack. Unless the roll modifier already included the -5, it missed.

Now at -G5 after teleport

Standard: Ready action
Trigger: An enemy is within 6 squares of Pietro
Action: Charge, with Vampire Slam

Attack: [roll0] (includes +1 for charge) vs Reflex
Damage: [roll1] (+3 if enemy is bloodied) (includes +2 for Powerful Charge), and Pietro pushes the enemy one square

If the attack misses but is at least 31, use Heroic Effort for a +4 (let me know if it's needed)

And finally: If Pietro hits, he uses Blood Drinker to do [roll2] extra damage, and he gains a healing surge.

tarsusc81
2012-11-22, 08:26 AM
Forgot the +2 for combat advantage (invisibility). That puts the total roll at 31, so use Heroic Effort if it misses otherwise.

Vesth
2012-11-23, 12:07 AM
Just as the man appears, Lelouch blasts a psychic wave of energy that sent him tumbling to the ground, leaving him helpless as Pietro descends upon him...

The barriers fade as he dies.

Last Map (before the man is slain)
http://i.imgur.com/LFZZs.png

Encounter Ends
Each person gets 3200 exp.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-24, 07:27 AM
Lelouch sighs with mild frustration as he watches his ally descend upon the foe and gorge himself upon the blood. "Well so much for interrogating him or combing through his memories. His mind is lost to us now. Stand back and I'll retrieve the key." The outcast noble lays down his shield, to hold the scepter while drawing his sword to disembowel the corpse.

Vesth
2012-11-27, 08:05 AM
After some fishing around in a dead person's intestines, you find a small key, which looks like it would fit into the lock of the door perfectly.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-11-27, 08:26 AM
He takes the key, cleaning off it and his hands in the fallen mans robes. Then signaling for Suzaku and Pietro to follow once they have all caught their breath and wrapped any wounds. He moves to the door at the far end of the room and places the key in, unlocking and opening it...

Vesth
2012-11-29, 08:22 PM
The door opens into a long corridor, ending in another door on the far end. The corridor is empty and dust-filled, but the floor is slightly translucent, and you can see a water flowing in the opposite direction below.

Pietro
Above the sound the flowing water, you can hear voices beyond the door.

tarsusc81
2012-12-02, 12:50 AM
Pietro holds up a hand. "There are voices coming from the other side of the door," he says. "Though I can't imagine how the occupants could have missed the sounds of our battle." He nevertheless creeps cautiously to the door at the end of the corridor, coming close and trying to make out something of the conversation.

Perception to listen at the door: [roll1]

Vesth
2012-12-03, 11:22 PM
Pietro
You put your ear to the door, but it is a little thick, and the voices are indistinct.

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-12-04, 07:20 AM
The tactician slowly moves down the hallway after his compatriot, quietly approaching the door and listening along with him.

bad stealth if really bad im going to try take 10 on that instead, moving slowly. thats better than taking 10, so ill go with it.
perception to listen [roll[1d20+17
edit: i put a bracket backwards, so it messed up. in the OOC i got "(1d20+17)[30]"

Vesth
2012-12-04, 10:22 AM
Lelouch
You place your ear at what you feel is the thinnest part of the door...and you can hear soft chanting. Something like a fervent prayer and the occasional moan. Sometimes, the sound of a whip can be heard.

tarsusc81
2012-12-06, 09:39 AM
"I hear nothing," Pietro says quietly. "You?"

JackOfAllBuilds
2012-12-06, 04:42 PM
"I hear nothing," Pietro says quietly. "You?"

"I can hear prayers and chanting and a whip somewhere further off. I suggest we storm in."

tarsusc81
2012-12-09, 09:07 PM
Pietro grips his sword. "Ready when you are, then. 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . "

Vesth
2013-01-14, 02:09 AM
As you push open the door, you are greeted by the sight of more than half a dozen figures, kneeling on the floor as they chant and pray, facing a pool of water, where a huge statue cuts through from beneath the water's surface. The staute is weathered, and few features can be observed from it; it seems to be just rock. The water itself ripples, as if something had just disturbed it recently.

As you look more closely, the light from the braizers show that the humanoids aren't exactly human; their skin is a clear slimy membrane, from which you can see pulsating human organs within. But much of their skin show cuts and bruisers.

Near the water, two large, fish like creatures stand at the vigil. As the door opens, their tentacles whip about, cutting through transparent flesh, and the kneeling figures stand up to greet you.

Pietro
You feel some faint figure zipping past underneath, in the water beneath the stone...and then, it's gone.

Map
http://i.imgur.com/yp2A4.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-01-15, 05:57 AM
As soon as the fish-men crack their whips, Lelouch's battle training and instincts kick in, and he barks out an order "Suzaku, protective line!" As battle breaks out, the psion's order spurs his ally into action and puts him on the move.

Battlefront Shift * close burst 3
Encounter * No Action
Trigger: you roll initiative
Target: you or one ally in burst
Effect: target shifts half of their speed

Suzaku has a speed of 5, so he will shift 2, moving from H9 to G10 to F10

tarsusc81
2013-01-18, 12:16 AM
"Something just left the room, in the water," Pietro shouts as he lunges forward. "I felt it beneath the stone!" He lashes out with both sword and mind at two of the strange creatures, mentally blocking himself from vision as he does so.

Standard: Rebounding Dance, Augment 2
Effect: Pietro has concealment until the end of his next turn.
Shift 4 squares to C8, attacking AS5 and AS4 during the movement:

AS5
Damage: [roll1], plus [roll2] assuming he's at max HP, and target takes -2 to all defenses til end of Pietro's next turn

AS4
Attack: [roll3] vs AC
Damage: [roll4], plus [roll5] assuming he's at max HP, and target takes -2 to all defenses til end of Pietro's next turn

tarsusc81
2013-01-18, 12:17 AM
If either attack misses, Pietro uses Heroic Effort for +4 to the attack.

Vesth
2013-01-18, 01:11 PM
Pietro zips forward, dropping two of the translucent humanoids as he reaches the third, blurring from view just as the fish-men cracks their whips at him, stirring their minions to slash at the intruders.

Attacks against Pietro:
AL:
Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1] and target is dazed (save ends)
AL 1:
Attack: [roll2], Damage: [roll3] and target is dazed (save ends)
AS:
Attack: [roll4], Damage: 7

Attacks against Suzuku:
AS 6:
Attack: [roll5], Damage: 7
AS 7:
Attack: [roll6], Damage: 7
AS 8:
Attack: [roll7], Damage: 7

Attacks against Lelouch
AS 1:
Attack: [roll8], Damage: 7
AS 2:
Attack: [roll9], Damage: 7

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AS (26)
AS 8 (26)
AS 2 (24)
AL 1 (22)
AS 7 (21)
AS 1 (20)
AS 6 (18)
Lelouch (14)
AS 3 (13)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/yKy4x.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-01-18, 03:08 PM
Lelouch spots one of the tentacles cracking through the air towards his night-walking comrade and shouts across the room "DUCK!" just in time for Pietro to roll below the strike. The jelly-like people seem to be no threat to Suzaku, harmlessly bouncing off his plate armor. Lelouch however narrowly sidesteps one strike and walks right into a wide swinging blow. This gets up his ire and he tells Suzaku to start murdering everything.

Attacks against Pietro: AL 1: Attack: (1d20+18)[37], Damage: (2d8+8)[16] and target is dazed (save ends)
Is this 37 including his concealment? (which makes non-adjacent enemies a -2 to attack) if not it would miss his normal 36, if so, I would use the interrupt "Powerful Warning", close blast 5, Pietro gets +2 all defences against the attack, and a retributive MBA (out of reach?)

Attacks against Suzuku: all miss
Attacks against Lelouch
AS 1: Attack: [roll39], Damage: 7 HIT, 103/110
AS 2: Attack: [roll34], Damage: 7 MISS

*Standard action: command Suzaku to swing his hammer in a wide arc
Serve Me Well (augment 2), 3 adjacent enemies
AS6 [roll0] vs AC, AS7 [roll1] vs AC, AS8 [roll2] vs AC, damage [roll3]
*Move: I shift 1 diagonal to H8 and Suzaku shifts 1 to F9
*Minor: knowledge check in the following post to identify the fish-things, and the jello-people too if i can with 1 roll
*Action point: War Master's Assault, everyone gets and MBA with +4 (my CHA) to damage, and Suzaku gets a free swing for PP's AP benefit

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-01-18, 03:20 PM
knowldege check [roll0] +23 arcana, +12 dungeoneering/nature
Lelouch on AS2 [roll1] vs AC, [roll2] damage
Suzaku's free attack on AS1 [roll3] vs AC, [roll4] damage
And WMA's MBA on whichever one is still standing around him (?)
AS6 [roll5] vs AC, [roll6] damage
Oh, and lets say... AL1 has -2 saving throws, save ends (at a -2)

Vesth
2013-01-19, 12:13 PM
With a powerful swing of the hammer, Suzuku instantly took all three of the squishy humanoids out. And before they can react, every single one of the transparent beings around him were massacred within a few seconds.

Several feet away, one of the humaniods too far to be damaged by Lelouch or Suzuku, took a pot shot at Pietro.

Attack: [roll0] VS AC, 7 damage.

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AS (26)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)
AS 3 (13)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/LUMvzp8.png

tarsusc81
2013-01-20, 08:18 PM
Pietro moves swiftly with exacting, preternatural steps, eluding the oncoming humanoids and positioning himself between the two fish men. He lashes out with the full force of his undead power, briefly transforming into a bestial visage and rending at both of the enemies.

Moving like a shadow again, Pietro repositions himself on the other side of one of the fish men and delivers another powerful blow.

Move: Shift 2 squares to A8 (Unfettered Movement)

Standard: Unleashed Fury, lose 1 healing surge to attack both AL and AL1

AL:
Damage: [roll1]

AL1:
Attack: [roll2] vs Reflex
Damage: [roll3]

Action Point:
Quicksilver Action (trait): Shift 2 to A6 before the action
Vampire Slam vs AL
Attack: [roll4] vs Reflex
Damage: [roll5] (+3 if he's already bloodied)
On Hit: Use Blood Drinker for [roll6] extra damage, and Pietro regains a healing surge.
Human Ingenuity (trait): Regain 1 power point

If necessary, Heroic Effort to add +4 to one of the attacks.

If one of the attacks missed and Heroic Effort wasn't sufficient to make it hit (or it was needed for the other attack), use Cascading Strikes Ki Focus daily to re-roll attack:
[roll7]

Vesth
2013-01-22, 10:23 AM
Pietro darts foward, unleashing a furious storm of blows upon the fish-beings, though this came at a cost, and the enemies took the opportunity to surround him.

Pietro: All attacks hit, Heroic Effort not used.

AL (+2 from combat advantage): Attack: [roll0] VS AC, [roll1] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
AL (second attack from combat advantage): Attack: [roll2] VS AC, [roll3] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).

AS (+2 from combat advantage): Attack: [roll4] VS AC, 7 damage.

AL 1: Attack: [roll5] VS AC, [roll6] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).

Damage Summary
AL: -66
AL 1: -21

Lelouch: 103/110

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AS (26)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)
AS 3 (13)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/hGdOlae.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-01-23, 04:18 AM
Lelouch quickly strides forward and waves Suzaku to move around in a pincer formation. He then raises the scepter and points it at the group as he unleashes a mental assault on the grouped combatants, halting their minds and bodies just as Pietro spins himself out of the way.
Move: Lelouch 3 squares to E7, Suzaku 5 squares, F9>D11>A11
Standard: Mind blast, close blast 5, corners: -A5 -A9 D5 D9, VS Will
AS [roll0], AL [roll2], AL1 [roll3], AS3 [roll4]
Hit: Stunned (Save Ends). Miss: Dazed until End of my Next Turn
Penalties: -2 feat (Dominating Mind) -2 Item (Phrenic Crown): -4 to first save
AL1 still has an additional -2 to saving throws (save ends) from Curse Eye
Minor: Command Suzaku to move two squares to -A9

tarsusc81
2013-01-23, 09:10 PM
Pietro grimaces as one of his enemies grazes him, but then manages to just dodge out of the way of the second fish-man that attacks him, even as Lelouch begins his assault.

Immediate Interrupt: Timely Dodge
(Triggered when AL 1 targeted Pietro with an attack)
Pietro shifts 3 squares to C3 before the attack connects, but AL 1 can choose a different target if possible.

Vesth
2013-01-25, 10:41 AM
Just as Pietro rolls out of the way, Lelouch unleashes a devastating attack that drops one immediately, and hits two others.

Damage Summary
Lelouch rolled a one against AS, AL and AL 1 are hit, and AS3 died instantly.

AS: dazed
AL: -99, stunned
AL 1: -52, stunned

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AS (26)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/sRFZSIg.png

tarsusc81
2013-01-25, 09:34 PM
Pietro weaves around the enemy closest to him, intending to keep his focus on the defeat of the fish-men. He sweeps his khopesh forward in a blow seemingly hitting nothing but air, but enhanced with a psychic lash intended to entangle his foe and drag him closer. "The lot of you are unequal to me alone, much less our combined strength!" he taunts the creatures, adding a mental nudge to keep them focused on him.

Move: Shift to -A5 (Unfettered Movement)

Standard: Wrenching Claw vs AL, augment 2
Hit: [roll1] force damage, and Pietro slides AL to A4

Minor: Battlemind's Demand, augment 1
AL and AL 1 are marked by Pietro until the end of the encounter (or this power is used again).

Vesth
2013-01-27, 01:05 PM
The two fish-beings struggle against the mental assault by Lelouch, trying to regain control of their limbs.

The one closer to Pietro stares at him, and deep in all three of the heroes' minds, a voice echoes.

"Our intention wasn't to defeat you in the first place. We have underestimated no one."

AL Save: [roll0]
AL 1 Save (For stun): [roll1]
Save (For Curse): [roll2]

Damage Summary
AS: Nothing
AL: -84, stunned (save ends), marked by Pietro
AL 1: -21, stunned (save ends), -2 to saving throws (save ends) -2 save, marked by Pietro
AS 3: Nothing

Pietro: 141/148

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AS (26)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)
AS 3 (13)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/a5qmZPX.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-01-28, 06:28 AM
"Let us end all of this folly now."
Minor: Command Suzaku to shift 1 to A10
Move: Lelouch moves 6, to E9 then B12. Suzaku shifts 1 to B11
***Standard: Thought Guardian, Augment 4 (6 used of 8)
Centered at B8, burst 1 attack, Effect: summon a Thought Guardian at B7
AS [roll0] vs will
AS3 [roll1] vs will
AL1 [roll2] vs will
Hit [roll3] psychic damage, and the target takes a -4 to attack rolls against me.

Thought Guardian Opportunity Attack, melee 3
trigger: ANY creature within 3 (including me, pietro, and suzaku) attacks me or willingly moves AWAY from the guardian.
+25 vs will, 9 psychic damage, and dazed until the end of my next turn.AS [roll4] vs will
AS3[roll5] vs will
AL [roll6] vs will
AL1 [roll7] vs will
Pietro [roll8] vs will
Ki focus expertise: +3 damage to a bloodied enemy

Vesth
2013-01-28, 08:40 AM
In a burst of energy, the last two translucent humanoids fall to the ground, a strange sight indeed, as one can actually see their hearts stopping, and several internal organs bleeding, coloring their insides with red.

Damage Summary
AS: Died
AL: -84, marked by Pietro
AL 1: -38, marked by Pietro
AS 3: Died

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/CVPTCyJ.png

tarsusc81
2013-01-29, 12:57 PM
"These creatures have some sort of regeneration," Pietro mutters in a growl. "No more half measures, then." He quickly enhances his khopesh with a whetstone from his belt, then gathers the full might of his psychic ability and rushes toward the enemy that still looks the strongest.

Minor: Augmenting Whetstone (+4 to attacks and damage til end of encounter)

Move: Shift to A7 (Unfettered Movement)

Standard: Indomitable Presence vs AL 1
Attack: [roll0] (includes +4 for whetstone) vs AC
Hit: [roll1] (includes +4 for whetstone) damage, and target takes 1d6 extra force and psychic damage from Pietro's future attacks (save ends).
Miss: Half damage
Effect: Til end of Pietro's next turn, any enemy that hits him takes 1d10 force and psychic damage and is pushed 1 square.

As always, Heroic Effort if necessary.

Vesth
2013-01-31, 12:07 PM
His blade sinks into flesh, and as the fish-thing writhes in pain, it lashes back with tentacles. But as the other enemy sneaks up behind to deal a nasty attack, Pietro unleashes a wave of psychic energy that sends them backwards.

Pietro hits.

AL moves up and does an attack with CA. His ability allows him to do an extra attack.
(Attack: [roll0] VS AC, Hit: [roll1] damage and target is dazed (save ends)
Attack: [roll2] VS AC, Hit: [roll3] damage and target is dazed (save ends))

Pietro's ability pushes him one square. ([roll4] damage)

AL 1 attacks with no CA against Pietro.
(Attack: [roll5] VS AC, Hit: [roll6] damage and target is dazed (save ends))

Pietro pushes him back as well. ([roll7]

Map not updated with latest monster positions. Pietro, please confirm where you want to push them.

I'll try to update more often, seeing as you guys are waiting for me all the time >.>

Damage Summary

AL: -84
AL 1: -71, 1d6 extra force and psychic damage from Pietro's future attacks (save ends)

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/VEeV33W.png

tarsusc81
2013-02-01, 06:31 PM
The fish-men fly back from Pietro's pyschic reaction, even as he feels the bite of one enemy's attack. The hit takes its toll on his foe, however, as the mantle around Pietro's neck flashes with magic energy.

Push AL to -A5, AL 1 to B9

Reaction to being hit: Mantle of Regrets daily power
AL takes -2 penalty to attacks and saving throws (save ends both)
First failed save: Also takes ongoing 10 psychic damage (save ends all)
Second failed save: Also stunned (save ends all)

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-02, 02:58 AM
Minor, Shake it off on Pietro. He rolls a save +4 vs dazed
Move, Lelouch moves back 5 to B17 and Suzaku moves 5 forward to -A6
Standard, Suzaku makes an MBA vs AL
[roll0] (CRIT!!) vs ac, [roll1] 48 damage (hammer)

tarsusc81
2013-02-04, 11:09 PM
Barely managing to shake off the effects of his foe's strike, Pietro closes with him again.

As indicated in OOC chat: Immediate saving throw thanks to Lelouch: 7 + 4 for Heroic Effort = 11

Move: To B8

Standard: Vampire Slam vs AL 1
Attack: [roll0] (includes +4 from whetstone) vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1] damage + [roll2] extra (+2 if enemy is bloodied), and push AL 1 to B10

tarsusc81
2013-02-04, 11:11 PM
Cascading Strikes Ki Focus daily power to re-roll attack if necessary (let me know):

[roll0]

Vesth
2013-02-05, 11:50 AM
Suzuku rushes forward, his sudden movements catching the distracted fish creature off guard. With a forceful upward swing of his hammer, it smashed straight into the creature, causing an awful 'CRACK' due to the sheer force behind the blow. Teethering backwards, it lauched its tentacles at Lelouch in an effort at retribution.

Off to the side, Pietro smacks the other remaining creature backwards, furthering the distance between them.

Both Suzuku and Pietro hit; Cascading Strikes Ki Focus not needed.

AL attacks Suzuku:
Attack: [roll0] VS AC, Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends)

AL 1 attacks Pietro:
Attack: [roll2] VS AC, Hit: [roll3] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends)

AL 1's Save: [roll4]

Damage Summary

AL: -132 (bloodied)
AL 1: -98, 1d6 extra force and psychic damage from Pietro's future attacks (save ends) (saved)

Pietro: 123/148

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/4UMnpkH.png

tarsusc81
2013-02-06, 02:21 PM
Pietro's mantle sends a shock of magic into the creature as it lashes him. Reeling from the blow, he turns to charge at the other enemy.

Reaction (triggered by being hit with melee attack): Mantle of Regrets
AL 1 takes -2 to attacks and saving throws (save ends both)
First failed save: Also ongoing 10 psychic damage (save ends all)
Second failed save: Also stunned (save ends all)

Standard: Charge to A6 vs AL using Vampire Slam (can be used as melee basic)
Attack: [roll0] (includes +1 for charge and +4 from whestone) vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1] damage (includes +2 for Powerful Charge and +3 for bloodied enemy), and push to -A4

Re-roll from Ki Focus power if required: [roll2]

Save: [roll3]

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-06, 04:29 PM
Suzaku repeats the attack [roll0] vs AC [roll1]

Vesth
2013-02-08, 12:12 PM
Almost dead, the bleeding fish creature struggles forward nevertheless, and lashed out at Suzuku just as it's ally sneaks up from behind and does the same.

Both Suzuku and Pietro hit; Cascading Strikes Ki Focus not needed.

AL attacks Suzuku (with CA):
Attack: [roll0] VS AC, Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends)

AL attacks Suzuku again! (CA bonus attack):
Attack: [roll2] VS AC, Hit: [roll3] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends)

AL 1 attacks Suzuku (with CA):
Attack: [roll4] VS AC, Hit: [roll5] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends)

AL 1 attacks Suzuku again! (CA bonus attack):
Attack: [roll6] VS AC, Hit: [roll7] damage Critical: 24 damage!, and the target is dazed (save ends)

Damage Summary

AL: -198 (bloodied)
AL 1: -98

Pietro: 106/148

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/J6oWMUz.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-08, 09:29 PM
Lelouch holds the scepter forward and his eye glows as he takes a hold deep in the fishmans mind, making him lash out at his ally

Standard: Betrayal (aug 2, 8/8 used) on AL 1, [roll0] vs Will.

On a Hit: I slide AL1 (Cha) 4 squares to -A4 around Pietro to a square adj to an enemy, it then makes a BASIC attack against AL with +4 atk/+4 dmg, and AL1 is dazed until the End of My Next Turn.
it's attack?I assume this is their basic Attack AL1 on AL: [roll1]-2, 31 vs AC, Hit: [roll2] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends)

Move: I shift 1 to B14 and Suzaku shifts 1 to A7
Suzaku: 74/98, dazed save ends
end of turn, save: [roll3]

tarsusc81
2013-02-10, 02:11 PM
Pietro batters the weakest fish-man again.

Standard: Vampire Slam vs AL
Attack: [roll0] (includes +4 from whestone) vs Reflex
Damage: [roll1] (includes +3 for bloodied enemy) damage

Save against dazed: [roll2]

Vesth
2013-02-14, 07:21 AM
Pietro strikes true, and even as his blow bloodies the fish creature, Lelouch sends a telepathic link, forcing it to slay its own ally.

Angered, it lashes out at Pietro, tentacles whipping at him from several angles.

I didn't really understand what Pietro was talking about, and I think I delayed the turn long enough, sooo....

What I did was I just let Pietro go first (before Lelouch), and he hits AL 1 before Lelouch moved him about to kill his ally.

Everyone wins, right?

---

AL 1 attacks Pietro
Attack: 27 VS AC (See OOC),
Hit: [roll0] damage, dazed, save ends.

Damage Summary

AL: Dead
AL 1: -130 (Bloodied)

Suzuku: 74/98 (dazed, save ends)
Pietro: 106/148

Initiative
Pietro (35)
AL (30)
AL 1 (22)
Lelouch (14)

Map
http://i.imgur.com/P2btXDo.png

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-15, 05:59 AM
Move to B8
Charge diagonal through allies to -A6
[roll0] vs AC +1 for charge
if hit, i use practiced killer feats 1/enc
[roll1]+[roll2]=37 damage

tarsusc81
2013-02-16, 06:18 PM
Pietro presses his own attack again, moving into a flanking position with his allies.

Move: Unfettered Movement to shift to -C6

Standard: Vampire Slam vs AL 1
Attack: [roll0] (includes +4 from whetstone and +2 CA) vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1] (includes +4 from whetstone and +3 for bloodied foe) damage, no push

Vesth
2013-02-17, 08:14 AM
As Pietro and Lelouch launch a series of attacks from both ends that lashed deeply into the creature, an oily liquid spilling from it onto the ground, it seemed to shiver in pain...and rather than attacking back, it let itself flop into the water, disappearing from view as its blood clouded the surface.

Like before, you can hear something travelling to the south, in the rushing water underneath the stone.

Combat is Over.
But I won't calculate exp yet, unless there's no last minute actions you want to do. Are there?

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-17, 04:58 PM
Lelouch doesn't waste a moment and jumps into the water after the creature and tries to follow whatever is making noise southward.

tarsusc81
2013-02-17, 08:51 PM
Pietro immediately leaps in after Lelouch, fully intending to follow their query to the end. Having no need to breathe sometimes has its advantages.

Pietro moves as quickly as possible, taking the equivalent of two Run actions to boost his swim speed at the expense of defense.

Vesth
2013-02-18, 07:07 AM
Squinting in the water, you realize that it swims a lot faster than it walks; already the gap between you and it is substantial. Such as it is, you can barely see it in the murky water, its form diminishing as it moves away.

It has a swim speed of 10. When it's running, it's moving at 24 spaces a turn (12 + 12). It started escaping first in a tunnel one square wide. Hence, when you start chasing, it is already 24 squares ahead of you.

Pietro, what is your move speed? Anyone thinks they can catch up to them, or do you want to do some ranged attack?

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-18, 07:13 AM
Suzaku dives in after his master and they both swim down the flow of water, quickly catching up and even passing his allies.

Move and Standard spent swimming 'at a run' so 6+2
When I move, my thrall moves too. 5+2 swim
Minor, command him to swim past me and catch up.
Lelouch, 8+8=16. Suzaku 7+7+7=21

Vesth
2013-02-22, 09:36 AM
The party swam through the water. At first, the tunnel seemed to stretch on forever, slowly expanding to twice it's width and height. Just as Lelouch and Suzuku think they couldn't breathe any more, they are deposited at a slow moving river, around three arm-spans wide. The river isn't very deep, but there are no river banks; rather, towering walls of rock surround the river from both sides. The rocks are slick but handholds are plently; it certainty seems climable. To summarise, you find yourselves at the bottom of a chasm.

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-25, 09:07 AM
Suzku and Lelouch look around for any traces of the thing that fled when the battle began
[roll0][roll1] perception

tarsusc81
2013-02-25, 01:26 PM
Meanwhile, Pietro seizes one of the handholds on the passing rock wall and halts his own movement in the stream. "Lelouch! I can be at the top of this ravine shortly, and check what's to be seen from there. Do you intend to follow?"

Vesth
2013-02-25, 08:39 PM
Suzku and Lelouch look around for any traces of the thing that fled when the battle began
[roll0][roll1] perception

Lelouch
You can't see any sign of the thing that fled; the rushing water semmed to have erased any traces. Of course, there is a higher chance that it would have followed the current downstream, since it would cost more energy to go against the current, but there is always that chance...

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-25, 08:41 PM
Also was looking for any traces on the rock walls of recent climbing, thats why we were both looking

Vesth
2013-02-26, 10:08 AM
Lelouch
The rocks don't look like they've been climbed recently...but did you really need to ask? I have yet to see anything with tentacles for limbs climbing anything...

JackOfAllBuilds
2013-02-26, 10:38 PM
Lelouch swims towards and gathers up his friends, holding onto each other as they ride the river current. "Our prey didn't climb out, I say we keep pursuit."

tarsusc81
2013-03-04, 08:55 PM
After the group has floated down the stream a fair way, Pietro peers ahead and makes an impatient snort. "I believe we'll be best served if at least one of us take a look from above. It looks like you and Suzaku may get on all right with the handholds along the cliff if you choose to climb. I'll be taking a faster route." As he stops speaking, Pietro begins to melt away into a shadowy mist form, which then quickly begins to ascend the cliff.

Gaseous Form

Assume Pietro continues to sustain the form until he has need to return to his normal shape. Currently he will float to the top of the closest cliff and then pause to see what he can perceive from there, both around him at the top and in the ravine as far as he can see.

JackOfAllBuilds
2014-05-26, 03:14 AM
:xykon:THREAD NECROMANCY!!:xykon: