PDA

View Full Version : Whack-a-mole

Lexin
2012-08-18, 05:46 AM
Whack-a-mole with hydras, so how many and how large would be the groups of them? (ahh and the head count)

drack
2012-08-18, 08:02 AM
five hydras, 8,6,6,5

Lexin
2012-08-18, 09:20 AM
I assume it is 1 group of 5 hydras ... and the fifth has [roll0] heads...

My group, for something like this:

6 x Sword and Board soldiers
+
5 x 8th level Evolutionist

They would come out of Gate, S&B first
Assuming group initiative
[roll1] for warriors
[roll2] for Evol

If there are cryo or pyro hydras, they would come with adequate resist energy spell on.

drack
2012-08-18, 11:41 AM
So, would you like to toss up a quick map or should I? (simple cave large enough for a few of them to pass abreast)

Lexin
2012-08-18, 11:57 AM
http://www.editgrid.com/user/lexin/Hydra_cave

Is it okay?
I put there squares for Hydras but left them blank for now.

The S&B count was lowered to 3. (I remembered that 8th levels are already capable of creating Verdant Servants...)

So
S&B x3
Evol 8th x 5
Verdant 4th [With deflection ability- 26 AC] (1 per Evol) x 5
Verdant initiative [roll0] Edit: Nice :smalltongue:

drack
2012-08-18, 02:23 PM
I don't have permission good sir. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-18, 02:27 PM
It should work now. :smallredface:

drack
2012-08-18, 08:59 PM
Well I'll admit I was well tempted to toss a trick like one in five being dire or spellwarped, but I thought better of it. :smalltongue:
initiative[roll0]

drack
2012-08-18, 09:02 PM
Rerolling to settle the tie with the warriors.
[roll0]
Edit: perhaps I should have warned you that I am among the select few that the forum dicing system loves. :smallwink:

Lexin
2012-08-19, 04:19 AM
So it seems, hydras are first.

I didn't know there is anyone loved by the dices here...:smalltongue:

Still with a bit of luck all would end in 1 round...

drack
2012-08-19, 08:29 AM
Yeah, it's wonderful, no? :smalltongue:

Anywho to settle ties both parties reroll and the rerolls just settle placement of that one initiative spot. :smallwink:

Lexin
2012-08-19, 08:56 AM
Ahh, I see. I used a rule where the one with better bonus starts...
[roll0]

Ahh, and if it changes anything, the first row would stay in Total Defense mode... (don't know if they can start like that before combat...)

drack
2012-08-19, 10:08 AM
They can, just not if they are caught off guard. :smalltongue:

Starting from the left moving right along the first row of evolutionists, skipping the far left if the first one doesn't kill it.

Attack [roll0] for [roll1]
Attack [roll2] for [roll3]
Attack [roll4] for [roll5]
Attack [roll6] for [roll7]
Attack [roll8] for [roll9]
Attack [roll10] for [roll11]

Attack [roll12] for [roll13]
Attack [roll14] for [roll15]
Attack [roll16] for [roll17]
Attack [roll18] for [roll19]
Attack [roll20] for [roll21]
Attack [roll22] for [roll23]

The remaining three take cover before the foremost two.

Lexin
2012-08-19, 10:55 AM
There are Verdent servants in first row, not Evolutionists... :smallconfused:

Does this count as caught off-guard? (no dex to AC)

Assuming the answer is yes, the one to the left and the middle one got hit one time each.

Verdant Servants:
The ones in front- Full defense action (AC 30)
The second row - preparing action to replace someone if the front row falls
HP
Front left - 36 hp
Front middle - 34 hp

Soldiers - Full defense

Evol: If I can shot the ray behind the hydras, they are using a small burst version, hitting both hydras (or all of them, if they can shoot really far in the cave) DC reflex 13 for half, DC fort 15 blind
If not, they are instead shooting 1 hydra at the time, if one falls the next Evol changes the target:

[roll0] touch attack
[roll1] damage (light)
[roll2] touch attack
[roll3] damage (light)
[roll4] touch attack
[roll5] damage (light)
[roll6] touch attack
[roll7] damage (light)
[roll8] touch attack
[roll9] damage (light)

drack
2012-08-19, 11:43 PM
Not off guard since you're heading in expecting them

Confirming critical on the middle one [roll0]

First two hydras slumps down, and the next two take their place. (I'm really more used to working with things that you can cleverly manipulate the mechanics of easier... not even sure I can make this a good fight... :smalltongue: Only found like three tricks.

So what kind of damage did you say this was again? :smalltongue:

Well best I can do for now is another round of attacks I suppose :smalltongue:

[roll1] for [roll2] damage
[roll3] for [roll4] damage
[roll5] for [roll6] damage
[roll7] for [roll8] damage
[roll9] for [roll10] damage

[roll11] for [roll12] damage
[roll13] for [roll14] damage
[roll15] for [roll16] damage
[roll17] for [roll18] damage
[roll19] for [roll20] damage
[roll21] for [roll22] damage
[roll23] for [roll24] damage

drack
2012-08-19, 11:46 PM
And another critical [roll0]

Lexin
2012-08-20, 03:38 AM
*shrug* my tricks are high AC and artillery in the third line...

Light damage, like here
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/searingLight.htm

The actions are the same

Front left 28 hp
Front middle 34
Front right 47

Evol:

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] attack
[roll3] damage
[roll4] attack
[roll5] damage
[roll6] attack
[roll7] damage
[roll8] attack
[roll9] damage

... the roller broke...

drack
2012-08-20, 09:19 AM
Those two fall, and the fifth attacks over their fallen corpses
for [1d10+4 damage
for [1d10+4 damage
for [1d10+4 damage
for [1d10+4 damage
for [1d10+4 damage
for [1d10+4 damage
for [1d10+4 damage
for [1d10+4 damage

drack
2012-08-20, 09:21 AM
confirming crit: [roll0]

fixing damage
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

And yeah I've had games with plenty more rolling then this...

Lexin
2012-08-20, 09:39 AM
Front left 16 hp
Front middle 34
Front right 47

Evol:

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] attack
[roll3] damage
[roll4] attack
[roll5] damage
[roll6] attack
[roll7] damage
[roll8] attack
[roll9] damage

The Hydras are not really dead... the light is non-lethal to these guys...

After the last one is unconscious they start spaming Charm DC 21 so the Hydras are calm when they wake up...

drack
2012-08-20, 03:19 PM
So how is the light nonlethal again? :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-20, 04:21 PM
So how is the light nonlethal again? :smalltongue:

... one word... (which I cannot post because swearing is prohibited...)

I was quite sure that Hydras have regeneration that can be beaten with fire and Acid... Sweet now I would need to ressurect them...

The next group would be spammed with Charm instead of light attacks...

... on the other hand 32 ressurects/day aren't a problem... and the stick part of 'carrot and stick' training is provided in advance :smalltongue:

drack
2012-08-20, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I figured you had thought that. But hay the best way to learn is via failure. :smalltongue: (also remember to leave some slots open n case you need to defend yourself from a surprise attack... it doesn't do to have all your strongest laid out for the sake of a few disobedient hydras. :smalltongue: anywho post the res IC if you do it)

Lexin
2012-08-21, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I figured you had thought that. But hay the best way to learn is via failure. :smalltongue: (also remember to leave some slots open n case you need to defend yourself from a surprise attack... it doesn't do to have all your strongest laid out for the sake of a few disobedient hydras. :smalltongue: anywho post the res IC if you do it)

The ones fighting with Hydras is a small group of 8th level Evol, and even smaller group of warriors. (in first case about 20-25 / 700 / in second 10-12 / 500000)
+ teleporter at standby...

drack
2012-08-21, 09:02 AM
lost me. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-21, 09:09 AM
Hmm, that's what I get for translating something after 4 hours of sleep...

The 'slots' part was about my ressurrect/ day ratio? , That I shouldn't use all.

First: This Hydra hunt is still from day 4. And this week (RT) is day 5... so unless we invent time travel, there would be a bit of a problem if you made a surprise ride on my nation...

Second: ... One of my characters is made solely for healing/ressurrection ... yes he has it as at-will spell-like

drack
2012-08-21, 09:48 AM
Well ideally it's a daily occurrence, no? :smalltongue:

Anywho did you run true res by me for that? It's sounding somewhat infinite loopy, though if I approved it I think I can see why...

Lexin
2012-08-21, 10:05 AM
You answered something like "Yes, it is possible, but I don't see why unless you want to ressurrect every single one of your killed soldiers."

I am sure it is not an 100% accurate quote, but it was long time ago and it went more or less like that...
And, taking into account that it has 10 min casting time it is ... 144 castings/day? ... assuming he won't sleep of course...

Edit: Some more if I use his slots and metamagic rod of Chain spell ... I think it would be around 200 with it.

drack
2012-08-21, 12:14 PM
Ah, OK then. In any case I'm sure you can follow the logic of y IC post. :smallwink:

Hecatoncheires: OK just because there was a silly reading the posts taking interest in this. Anywho I was going to ask if you were casting the divination yourself or passing it off to an underling.

Lexin
2012-09-01, 06:18 AM
Psionic Divination (Underling)- Which side should we help, if any, in the conflict (description here)...

Direct Question (Solar) - same as above

(if no answer)
Commune (Solar) -
Should we interfere in this conflict (description here)?
Should we help the Naga & Co. side?
Should we help the wolves?
Should we attack all/observe only? (2 questions)

drack
2012-09-01, 06:24 AM
The divinations fail, and the solar replies that if a Ha-Naga and a Hecatoncheires are killing wolves en mass than as both are generally CE they are likely either forcing the druids to aid them, or the druids may be blighters or evil. "After all" they caution "Merely being a druid does not mean you work for the good of the world"

Lexin
2012-09-01, 06:34 AM
Okay, I am sending a fission there to attack these guys (he teleports near from the battleground with bless weapon, invisibility and mind blank on)
[roll0] initiative

With my knowledge skills around +70 can I tell if Ha-Naga or Hecatoncheires have some strange regeneration?

He also takes 5 doses of Trollsbane... (-450 gp)

drack
2012-09-01, 06:38 AM
define "strange regeneration" :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-09-01, 06:53 AM
define "strange regeneration" :smalltongue:

A sadim takes normal damage from magic items given as a gift

This is strange...

But let's say, I just want to know which weapon should I take to deal some damage?

That, and is there a weapon enhancement that works like that? I think there was one that could act as any material (silver/cold iron etc) but is there an upgraded version that plainly doesn't allow regeneration?
like +8 ability or something like that?

drack
2012-09-01, 07:03 AM
I don't think so... annywho you're free to know what the books say of them. :smalltongue: (I believe it was lawful good aligned +X weapon pierces it...)

Ah, that's the one. good aligned weapons and those forged n god-blood. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-09-01, 07:26 AM
I was checking if there was some other strange race/template included in the mix...

Genius Loci: Not really auto-grapple, unless he was a part of ceiling...
Anyway, the one that are above run away with teleport (getting out of forbiddance range first if needed)

Simulacrum dispels Forbiddance with area dispel ([roll0]) and teleports away too... (simulacrums don't get experience, so I have no reason to fight...)

I think I will try to beat him with one 25th level Evol... although for now he would stay away and let Verdant Servants fight...
11th-level Astral Construct
Huge Construct
30d10 + 40 HD(198 Hit points)
2 abilities from Menu D
Speed 50'
Attack/grapple (3/4 HD + Str) +41/+49
2 Slams
Damage Slam 3d10+20
Saves F/R/W +10/+10/+10
Str 51, Dex 11, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 10
DR 15/EPIC
AC 41(-2 size +43 natural)

+Breath Weapon (15d6 sonic 120ft cone, DC 25) + Constrict + Natural Invisibility
Servants initiative: [roll1]
Evol initiative: [roll2]

Thunder: Verdant Servants going first
[roll3]
12th-level Astral Construct
Huge Construct
40d10 + 40 HD(232+40= 272 Hit points)
2 abilities from Menu D
Speed 50'
Attack/grapple (3/4 HD + Str) +52/+60
2 Slams
Damage Slam 4d10+22
Saves F/R/W +13/+13/+13
Str 55, Dex 11, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 10
DR 20/EPIC
AC 45(-2 size +47 natural)
+Breath Weapon (20d6 sonic 120ft cone, DC 30) + Constrict + Natural Invisibility
They mostly fly around and use breath weapon as a distraction...

Fission initiative [roll4]
(Mind Blank + greater invisibility)

Naga and Co. : Don't know what's going on there yet...

drack
2012-09-01, 07:44 AM
Genius Loci: precisely
Thunder: you do not actually see it, just what I described before. :smalltongue:

Naga and Co: you you're teleporting (a fission) into the fray, or what?

Lexin
2012-09-01, 07:51 AM
Genius Loci: Okay, so did dispel work?
Who goes first, my servants/ evol or Genius Loci/ Elves ?

Thunder: 4 Servants, 1 fission (with touchsight 180ft and speed 720 ft) are looking for this guy. If they find nothing I will send few thousand of the lesser servants and check where most of them dies...

Naga and Co: If teleportation is possible then yes. If not, I can fly 1 mile in 3 rounds... so I can teleport a bit further and fly the rest of the way...

drack
2012-09-01, 08:04 AM
Genius Loci: yes dispel worked, though by the sounds of it it was retreat not battle...? :smallconfused: And yes it's part of the ceiling, so if you go in the ooze then the ooze is holding you within it. :smalltongue:

Thunder: Two of the tempests overhead begins to descend relieving it swirling in the skies above them. Down below nineteen fire elementals, and five air elementals of large size can be seen heading towards your group. Lets call them one round away from all directions.

Welcome to the ranked third most dangerous place on the map. :smalltongue:

Naga and Co: it is. As you arrive a blanket of fog washes over you, and you notice a few things. Firstly the Ha-Naga doesn't look like a Ha-Naga, but instead a shiny metallic transparent rainbow snake, with fathered, bug, and bat wings, human face, long animated hair, halo, horns, fangs, glowing eyes, warped facial features, and stinger. and you notice that the Hecatoncheires looks to have much fewer then 100 arms and heads... in fact it appears to have two arms and one head. :smalltongue:

You are standing behind a large pack of wolves, and an angel that seems to be composed entirely of blood flies up to either side of you, each suspended by no less then five sets of wings. (so is it just one fission then?

Lexin
2012-09-01, 08:19 AM
Genius Loci: Yes the simulacrum and diggers ran away.
But as I mentioned before, one Evolutionist (25th level) is going to fight the Ooze. That's why I rolled initiative and asked who is going first...

Thunder: Sounds like fun.

Servants: One tries to occupy one of the tempests, he uses breath weapon and flies around him. [roll0] (120 ft cone) sound DC 30 reflex (so it probably failes on 1) [roll1] breath weapon recharging

Other three take care of the elementals, trying to get as many as they can.
[roll2] ([roll3])
[roll4] ([roll5])
[roll6] ([roll7])

Fission:
Summons Astral Construct, mounts it and next round, when he will be close enough to the tempest he would attack.

Naga and Co: Fission is always accompanied with 4 servants (I forgot to roll initiative [roll8])
And yes, for now he is alone (I am not loosing anything this way... just one casting of restoration I guess...)
Are the angels hostile?
How can you call something a Hecatoncheires if it doesn't have 100 arms?!?
Can I identify what the hell is this Naga?

drack
2012-09-01, 08:32 AM
Genius Loci
I guess I'll let you go first since I have vary little faith in your victory. :smalltongue:
Is the evolutionist the one grappled?
Also does it have evasion?

Thunder: do you still have that hydra map lying around? :smalltongue:

Naga&co

angels: they take up a defensive formation around you implying they are your allies in this fight.

"How can you call something a Hecatoncheires if it doesn't have 100 arms?!?" recruitment thread-> homebrew monster class. It eats people an gets their arms/heads. More it eats the harder it is to kill :smallwink:

Naga: it appears to be a cousin of the Ha-Naga.

Lexin
2012-09-01, 08:54 AM
Genius Loci
From the start
1. Simulacrum + 2 diggers get down
2. They run away
3. Evolutionist comes, with servants first.
4. Evolutionist stays far in the tunnel while servants fight, although he would join after the servants move the Ooze enough, or at least move from the entrance so he could shoot...

1 round:
Servants get inside (plunging into the Ooze if needed) and use their breath weapons:
[roll0] DC 25 [roll1] + passive grapple check [roll2]
[roll3] DC 25 [roll4] + passive grapple check [roll5]
[roll6] DC 25 [roll7] + passive grapple check [roll8]
[roll9] DC 25 [roll10] + passive grapple check [roll11]

I am rolling grapple checks only because if you grapple multiple opponents you have -20 to check (maybe even cumulative) that's why they have a chance...

Evolutionist puts an invisible prismatic wall (DC 40) in the entrance to the tunnel just after the constructs plunge in, and he stays behind this wall for now.
Nobody has evasion here.

Thunder: http://www.editgrid.com/user/lexin/Hydra_cave
isn't it too small though?

Naga&co
... Okay Naga looks much more scary than the Hecatoncheires ...
Servants fly at the enemies trying to get as many as possible with breath weapons (again) focusing on druids though
[roll12] (sound) DC 30 [roll13]
[roll14] (sound) DC 30 [roll15]
[roll16] (Acid) DC 30 [roll17]
[roll18] (Acid) DC 30 [roll19]

Fission flies closer to Naga and uses:
Holy Word (he goes faster, not to include angels/wolves just in case) (cl 45)
(beating spell resistance [roll20]) (40 ft radius, in case druids etc are in the distance)
and Howl DC 72 fort or Daze for [roll21] rounds (30 ft radius, in case others are in the distance...)

drack
2012-09-01, 10:05 AM
Genious loci:

the first one breaks free only to be pounded by fists of earth that stem from the loci as it patches the hole made through it.

punches, if any are left over after the first they will go to the next ad so on... If he's still alive things in the room get a swing...

[roll0] for [roll1] damage
[roll2] for [roll3] damage
[roll4] for [roll5] damage
[roll6] for [roll7] damage
[roll8] for [roll9] damage
[roll10] for [roll11] damage
[roll12] for [roll13] damage
[roll14] for [roll15] damage
[roll16] for [roll17] damage
[roll18] for [roll19] damage

and if it's alive there's a good chance it's grappled back in. :smallwink:

thunder: I just meant to use the doc to track the elementals since there are more than a few. :smalltongue:

Naga&co: Come now, lets wait until our DM can get all the relevant information straight. :smalltongue: (lost of map balancing and the like). anywho in a bit I'll start tossing some ambient effects at you

drack
2012-09-01, 10:10 AM
OK, still tinkering with the mechanics around the wolves (likely lots more dead, and around 17.5X as many total, though still deciding exactly where...

Anywho for your entry position. The grey behind you is fog held at bay by a 10mph wind blowing straight down on M (for marcanus, the name of the hundred armed "giant" :smalltongue:)

http://www.editgrid.com/user/drack/the_councel_of_nine_bloods

Lexin
2012-09-01, 10:28 AM
Genious loci: ... one servant dead...

Were the breath weapons effective?

The ones grappled just hit the guy. (he has AC 0 ... should I really roll?)
Damage [roll0] + grapple [roll1]
[roll2] + grapple [roll3]
[roll4] + grapple [roll5]

The assuming the wall is at least 40 ft from Ooze, the Evol goes through, uses Solar blast ([roll6] for [roll7] damage [light]) and hides back behind the wall.

Thunder: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ps-k6baJmFJ5qNQqtA_Ttu_R7lEPXKTz9T83E19GzPw/edit
Something like that? It is a simple list

Naga&co: How large is one square? (in other words, How far is fission from Naga?)
tD - Druids?

Edit: And why is there a huge cut in the wolves population just before the Naga?

drack
2012-09-01, 10:37 AM
Genious loci:
And how much damage did the next take?
(the loci shows no signs of injury, though there are scorch marks)

Thunder:
I meant something more like this where it tracks them http://www.editgrid.com/user/lexin/Hydra_cave (page 2)

Naga&co:
5', so a couple hundred feet away. There is also a wall of fire behind the Naga.

Lexin
2012-09-01, 10:44 AM
Genious loci:
You can deal multiple attacks in grapple?
(the second one got 23 dmg then)
Thats another 3 slams then...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Thunder: Kay (waiting)

Naga&co: I see. (doesn't change much for me...)

drack
2012-09-01, 10:49 AM
Genious loci: ah, true. guess I'll need to change that full attack action... :smallsigh:

Thunder: above

Naga&co: so same actions?

Lexin
2012-09-01, 10:55 AM
Naga&co: The only difference is that it would happen 1 round later. (I need to teleport servants to some distance ... they are really slow :smallsigh:)

... unless one of the angels can take care of it. In this case it would still be in this round.

drack
2012-09-01, 10:58 AM
Allies, not minions, so they're not under your command...

Genious edit: well using a quick SRD roll with appropriate penalties we have 80 73 82 as the grapple checks to deal the first three values listed above to the pinned three, and the final one
(that fell through) takes blanket fire from all the archers for ~438 damage with a reflex save for half (is it worth looking up the DC?)

Lexin
2012-09-01, 11:02 AM
Allies, not minions, so they're not under your command...

Genious edit: well using a quick SRD roll with appropriate penalties we have 80 73 82 as the grapple checks to deal the first three values listed above to the pinned three, and the final one
(that fell through) takes blanket fire from all the archers for ~438 damage with a reflex save for half (is it worth looking up the DC?)

I don't really think that these arrows deal any real damage... being probably 1d8+5 ? I don't think they can beat the DR 15/epic...

If they can, I guess I will come here later... with freedom of movement on...

Edit: I know they are not minions, but I am quite sure they cannot keep up with my speed. And I can ask "Can you teleport these guys closer to enemy?"

Lexin
2012-09-01, 11:15 AM
Thunder: I marked on the map where the breath weapon cones would go.
(I think I rolled them earlier)

If they really are normal large elementals, then there is much fewer of them now.

Fission action at the beggining of next turn- ride on the astral construct and hit the boss hard...

drack
2012-09-01, 08:19 PM
I don't really think that these arrows deal any real damage... being probably 1d8+5 ? I don't think they can beat the DR 15/epic...

If they can, I guess I will come here later... with freedom of movement on...

Edit: I know they are not minions, but I am quite sure they cannot keep up with my speed. And I can ask "Can you teleport these guys closer to enemy?"

HoB mass combat archery rules allow them to overlay fire for I believe 1/5 their standard damage in an area. I didn't bother adding damage mods yet, an they are indeed allowed a save for half. (focused fire for I believe 2/5 can't be overlapped,, but normal can oddly enough.) Also note that... somewhere... in the books it mentions that damage done simultaneously counts together for purposes of DR and the like, so this essentially counts as one four hundred damage attack... I really did tell you guys to watch out for the small fry... Anywho best that comes to mind short notice for simultaneous is twin spell.

Also there are many forbiddance spells, you just dispelled the one your guy was trapped in (the one on the loci)

Thunder: yup normal ones. I was going to ask which elevation you're firing, but I guess it's ground level. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-09-02, 05:14 AM
I don't really think that these arrows were simultaneous... and according to this Genius Loci probably needs to save too if they aimed at the construct, which was 5-10 ft from colossal Ooze then some arrows went into the Genius...

More forbiddance? *shrug* the only guy that matters is inside the tunnel (no forbiddance there...)

Are the other constructs still alive?

Thunder: The main character is probably around 100ft above ground. With Astral construct between him and the boss...
Servants are on the ground...

drack
2012-09-02, 06:12 AM
bold for implicity
I don't really think that these arrows were simultaneous... and according to this Genius Loci probably needs to save too if they aimed at the construct, which was 5-10 ft from colossal Ooze then some arrows went into the Genius... He broke free of the genus loci on the ceiling, falling to the base of a large cavern. As for simultaneous I suppose I could have posted the "Ready arrows! Aim! Fire!" if that would help :smalltongue:

More forbiddance? *shrug* the only guy that matters is inside the tunnel (no forbiddance there...) yup

Are the other constructs still alive? no idea. If they can beat the grapple rolls above in that order and survive one of those attacks that were originally meant for the fallen guy, then yes. :smalltongue:

Thunder: The main character is probably around 100ft above ground. With Astral construct between him and the boss...
Servants are on the ground...

OK, so the fire elementals will charge in and attack (you can hit SR on trust system for these rolls since I doubt they'll do much...) (s1&4 are attacked by fire elementals)

The tempests each fire off a lightening bolt at the fission
[roll0]
[roll1]
DC16 for half

Lexin
2012-09-02, 06:53 AM
Genius Loci
I guess I can just keep dropping Astral Constructs and Servants inside the Genius. They would just get grappled and use powers/breath weapons to deal with the Ooze. But this sounds a bit like cheating...

That or:
- Evolutionist prepares another wave of constructs, this time grapple focused. (+72 bonus) and create wall of force below the Genius, so they are protected from below

Thunder:
... I really like when some random guys instantly know who is the leader in this group...
... but good that they didn't know that fission is immune to electricity...

Not sure what was it about SR here...

The Big Guy didn't do anything?

S1 vs fe
Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2] damage [roll3]

S3 vs fe
Attack [roll4] damage [roll5]
Attack [roll6] damage [roll7]

S4 vs fe
Attack [roll8] damage [roll9]
Attack [roll10] damage [roll11]

S2- Flying 80 ft up

Astral construct- Flying 80 ft (dragging fission with him) up and attacking tempest (the one to the right)
Acid breath- [roll12] DC 30 reflex (half) [roll13]

Fission- Swift-action teleport to the tempest to the left and attack
[roll14] damage [roll15]

drack
2012-09-02, 07:19 AM
Genius Loci: well it has FH 50 before anyone on the other side does anything to heal it... :smallconfused:

thunder:
actually you staking he was 100'up puts him as the only one within range, and just barely at that. :smalltongue: That and you can always look at which ones there are multiples of and which ones there aren't, and that will tell you most of it...

The Big Guy didn't do anything?: knew I was forgetting someone. :smalltongue:
... and I just realized this pathetic air elemental-thing can't even fly... :smallsigh: Anywho guess he'll have been down instead and have you just enter his storm of vengeance aura end of last round. :smallconfused:

[roll0] acid damage (no save)
[roll1] bludgeoning damage (no save)
[roll2]half electricity, half sonic damage to all of you (reflex 73 for half)
Total concealment beyond 5' for everyone.
DC73 concentration or loose any spells you try
raged attacks auto-fail
and a DC73 fort save or be deffined for 10-40 minutes (I doubt this'll last that long so I won't bother rolling)

So then round 2
if those attacks are ranged attacks they fail, if melee they kill them. If the elementals are alive they will continue hammering. The remaining tempest looses sight of you, and goes whirlwind

This happens again
[roll3] acid damage (no save)
[roll4] bludgeoning damage (no save)
[roll5]half electricity, half sonic damage to all of you (reflex 73 for half)
Total concealment beyond 5' for everyone.
DC73 concentration or loose any spells you try
raged attacks auto-fail
and a DC73 fort save or be deffined for 10-40 minutes (I doubt this'll last that long so I won't bother rolling)
Lets see, the storm is 360' radius, so a 240' move will put hm somewhere where you can't see where he is, or what he's doing.

Lexin
2012-09-02, 07:43 AM
Genius Loci: Not sure what was that about...
He was hit for about 150 damage/turn... FH 50 doesn't help much...

thunder
...you just did 2 round in a row, and one retrospectively...
D&D doesn't work like that...

Attacks were melee and breath weapons (doesn't count as distance I guess)

If Thunder was in range, fission would attack him instead and completely ignore tempests and such...

He has touchsight 180 ft so thunder doesn't just vanish

Now, if I understand correctly:
1 round- Thunder was hanging somewhere in the sky falling down
2 round- he goes away...

Somewhere between these, my fission could attack him, and he does...
[roll0] Bash
[roll1] bludgeoning +[roll2] (axiomatic weapon)

Storm:
Constructs have around 150 hp

Fission- full hp, 196/225 temp hp (if my DR doesn't work against this bludgeoning damage)

fort saves [roll3]
[roll4]

drack
2012-09-02, 07:58 AM
Genius Loci: true, which is why I'm considering tactics change (drop those held and go from ceiling to floor... honestly I think you're a bit outmatched here...

thunder: more like retrospectively added the action I had forgotten. If you wish you may change your actions. Kinda leaving it open like that...

breath are touch and area... I think :smalltongue:

touchsight 180: good, I was going to be worried. Anywho he's out of range.

Now, if I understand correctly: nah, somehow I had figured that an epic air elemental thing would be able to fly... turns out it can't... -.- so a large dark storm moves over you at the end of round 1, and continues to cover you for round 2 without any sign of thunder (who is somewhere in that storm)

Lexin
2012-09-02, 08:04 AM
Genius Loci: true, which is why I'm considering tactics change (drop those held and go from ceiling to floor... honestly I think you're a bit outmatched here...

I know I am outmatched here... I am just fighting a CR 30 and small army with one ECL 25...

But if I came here with fission it would last less than a minute, would be much less fun and instead of giving few levels it would barely give me 1/4 of level...

Thunder:

Breath are area.

1 round fission is flying inside the storm (720 speed) if he can pinpoint the Thunder he prepares action to follow him if he were to run away again.
If he cannot, he would use second move action to find him.

2 round- Swift action teleportation from 125 ft and attack that I posted before.

Edit: Ahh, and in the fights with Naga/100-handed guy (with 2 hands)/druids and Thunder I am gathering resources for simulacrums...

Lexin
2012-09-02, 09:04 AM
Umm... and I am afraid that simple calculating experience for the Thunder wouldn't work... it would give thousands levels

but if we adjust the formula it gives around 20 levels...

at level 50 you get 960000 exp for CR 62, on level 51 only 650k
The amount of experience needed to advance from level 30 to 50 equals to more or less 840k these two amounts meet at level 50/51

That or, the largest CR given in table (37 for ecl 30) gives 3 levels, so CR 62 would give around 15 levels...

drack
2012-09-02, 10:01 AM
thunder: ... it's CR 46... :smallconfused:

Genius: by the way a small detail I forgot... It's under another nation...kaendalith :smalltongue:

Ruin swarm: toss me the general strategy. If it'd work we'll go with it as auto-win.

Lexin
2012-09-02, 12:52 PM
thunder: ... it's CR 46... :smallconfused:

Genius: by the way a small detail I forgot... It's under another nation...kaendalith :smalltongue:

Ruin swarm: toss me the general strategy. If it'd work we'll go with it as auto-win.

Thunder: Are we talking about the same one? Page 10 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/54738242/The-Immortals-Handbook-Epic-Bestiary-Volume-One-v1-5-EPI1000)

Challenge Rating: 62

Genius: I dug a tunnel through another nation?!? ... I am not at war now, am I?

Ruin swarm: 24 Servants attack or at least keep the swarm/swarms in one place (not sure if regular slam attacks work on swarms...)
8 Evol use Invisible prismatic wall if the swarm attacks them and shoot with light rays (with burst, thus +50% damage vs swarms...)
Assuming 6 Evol attacking (and 2 preparing action to create a prismatic wall)
it is around [roll0] damage/round with DC 25 for half in each of 6 bursts...
That and they can run away as swift action so if swarm gets closer than 250 ft the can teleport away...

drack
2012-09-02, 02:20 PM
Thunder:
Screenshot from my PDF of the book
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/sensenman/temp.png

Genius: I guess you i... haven't asked the player if they notice you yet though... how do you wish to proceed OOC? :smalltongue:

Ruin swarm: eh, good enough I suppose.

Lexin
2012-09-02, 02:29 PM
Thunder: ... Okay, I guess I will ask first next time :smalltongue:
(I have access only to the version I linked earlier...)

Still, exp for CR 46 is 2304000 ... enough for me to get from level 30 to 74...
...so how about these 15 levels? :smalltongue:

Genius: ... I guess if I know that I crossed through another country, I would 'abandon the mission'... at least until I get to talk to this nation first...

Ruin swarm: Yay! that's... 2k exp/ head!! Are there more swarms? :smalltongue:

drack
2012-09-02, 02:34 PM
Thunder: kinda doubt you'll win still. :smalltongue:

Genius: K

Ruin swarm: No more swarms, but the people curse you for destroying their deity claiming that the "faceless worm will get you for this!"

drack
2012-09-02, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah, almot forgot this battle

Naga: As you speak the blood angels whip up their arms causing metiers to land all about the two monsters leaving them unscathed for emphasis. Suddenly many more arms and heads sprout as the many armed giant call to you: "Surrender, when we were attacked without provocation and are only defending against the sudden hoard of hostiles? What would we be surrendering to then, unopposed slaughter?"

Lexin
2012-09-02, 02:54 PM
Thunder: Anyway, was he in the storm in the first round so I could attack him in the second?

Ruin swarm: Modify Memory... now they should thank me for saving them...:smalltongue:

Naga: ... I just came there and something tells me that blank spot on the map in the wolves are their dead bodies... that and something you called huge wall of fire...and I even didn't attack these guys yet... Yeah wave of hostiles... Really Drack?

"Aberrations, abominations and defilers of nature. You come here, burn these grounds, kill servants of nature and calls us hostile?"

At least now he has more hands... (100?)

drack
2012-09-02, 02:59 PM
thunder: the second he s still out of range of your touch-sight...

Ruin swarm: because that's what everyone says to such threats. :smalltongue:

Naga: dead wolves yes, fire no, I'll give you a chance to change it... Anywho the ash on the ground is more that you're on a gigantic volcano... :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-09-02, 03:05 PM
Naga: Fire no?

Naga&co:
5', so a couple hundred feet away. There is also a wall of fire behind the Naga.

thunder: You said that the storm has 360 ft radius... I can fly to the other side in one move action... I can make a circle around it to cover whole storm using touchsight in two move actions... How can you tell me that I didn't find him after 2 rounds?

drack
2012-09-02, 03:11 PM
Naga: perhaps I misspoke, the wall of fire was countered...

Thunder: Ok, where I'm seeing it you killed all the large elemental, you are 100' up, the storm came round before last and caught you last , and the storm is a 360' radius circle, not sphere, so it's a touch harder to pinpoint... Anywho so that's it. :smalltongue: 1 tempest down, evolutionists alive, large elementals dead, other tempest in the storm, and big guy out of sight.

Lexin
2012-09-02, 03:18 PM
Naga... So can you describe the situation? I cannot say anything if all I know is that there are wolves... and there was supposed to be a wall of fire...

Thunder: If it is a circle it was covered in 1 round. If it was an orb, then it is not covering a C+ giant. If it is a half-Orb with wide side touching the ground then 1 round is enough. If it is, for some reason, larger, then tell me.
With 2 rounds I can cover a whole orb, even if it wasn't touching the ground, but in this case the guy is flying and my constructs were out of range of the storm...

drack
2012-09-02, 03:21 PM
Naga: There are wolves, no wall of fire. basically as per the map. So what are to gonna say again? :smalltongue:

Thunder: think cylinder. that radius up to the sky. :smallcool:

Lexin
2012-09-02, 03:40 PM
Thunder: To the sky... and the guy who cannot fly, thus should be on the ground... and in this case it is 2 move actions . If he is somehow flying, then it is 2 move actions/ 360 height of the cylinder. Just tell me how long it takes.

Naga: Forest/ plains/ volcano?
Night/ day?
Warm/ cold?
Anything about background?

drack
2012-09-02, 04:05 PM
Thunder: repeat of the storm (lets just use last one again to save on rolling) an it kills one of the little guys (that's a logical assumption right? I mean they're only 150 hp right? :smalltongue:)

Naga: Day, but mist makes it dark and gloomy, chill, volcano, though you're around the base...

Lexin
2012-09-02, 04:14 PM
Thunder: They have around 250 hp, after 2 rounds of storm they were at 150...
So round 3 finally found him?

Naga: It doesn't really look like the Naga and Co were the attacking ones...
"These who serve nature, killing her servants, accompanied by monsters and abominations. Unnatural! Leave these lands or surrender.

... unless the druids aren't there neither...

drack
2012-09-03, 07:36 AM
Naga:
The Naga speaks
"I'm are you accusing me of being evil? I would like to see your proof."

Round 3: not really sure there your main character went. if up he misses them, if down then you see him maul an unsuspecting evolutionist. (if on the x-y plane you miss him...)

Lexin
2012-09-03, 07:53 AM
Naga: Umm... are they speaking one at the time and every one of them on different topic?

Abomination - not evil
monster - not always evil
Unnatural - not evil
Vile - ugly not always evil

...When did I call this guy evil!?!?

Thunder: This guy cannot fly... my fission started checking from the 80 ft above ground (which covers whole ground level with touchsight)
... and there are no evolutionists there (unless you mean verdant servants...)

drack
2012-09-03, 10:07 AM
Naga:
I think they were taking "vile creature" as "evil" the sillies. and yes you have again managed to get yourself wrapped up in a player strength NPC Vs.Player conflict, only that this time the other angels seem to be aligned with you. Anywho lets link you since we're at the point where it looses rather then gains reality via DM-buffer :smalltongue:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254465

Thunder: Heh, 80' up... You said you were 100' up, and that you gained 80' more in altitude to survey putting you 180'...

Anywho round 3 spotting sounds reasonable if you descend.

Lexin
2012-09-03, 10:15 AM
Thunder: The whole summoning astral construct and flying up was because you said that Boss is 500 ft above.
If he was on the ground all the time, there was no reason to do so...

Anyway:
Swift action teleportation from 125ft away + full attack
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Naga: I need to read through this... there is more than one player!?!

drack
2012-09-03, 10:35 AM
Readied action goes off. [roll0]divine damage as you solidify.

drack
2012-09-03, 10:37 AM
Naga: yeah, two. :smalltongue: Anywho you do have a player-level NPC on your side, though like you they're fighting through proxy, so no promises... :smallwink:

Lexin
2012-09-03, 10:50 AM
Thunder: Okay, but he still got hit?
(and [roll0] backlash damage to him too!)

...So his round?

Actually, if it hit (and according to my book it should) then he is in negative hp already...

drack
2012-09-03, 11:22 AM
he still has 186 if mine is to be trusted... anywho now to bog you down again :smalltongue:

A dark shadow slips through the storm feeling to your touch sight as both there and not, like an air elemental flitting and flickering in the wind. Speaking it's voice sounds as a horrible wind sharp as a winter frost and powerful enough to overwhelm the raging gale. "Who dares enter the Dark Storm?"

Lexin
2012-09-03, 11:33 AM
Again?!?
Always chaotic evil (I hope it doesn't differ from your book)

Preparing action to bash again.

"The Voice of Law, the Bane of Chaos. Surrender and obey me and I will let you live."

drack
2012-09-03, 11:43 AM
OOC: again :smalltongue:

You hear a crackling of lightening that vaguely resembles laughter. "You believe your law will hold in my domain? Tremble mortal and return to your warm lands where the breeze is still an the dawn not so dark. Flee to your shelter where you may hide from the roar of the wind."

Lexin
2012-09-03, 12:10 PM
Okay, this one time the wild, savage nature of dragon within Ambross takes over...

You've had your chance!

Attack: [roll0]
damage [roll1]

drack
2012-09-03, 04:15 PM
Attacking who? :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-09-03, 04:18 PM
The Thunder, I attacked him once, so I probably can again... (Or got AoO when he went somewhere...)

If he is incorporal somehow I can get like that too *shrug*

drack
2012-09-03, 05:01 PM
He dies, you gain xp, and the ark shadow speaks, the storm about you no longer damaging, but still present "That was a mistake."

Lexin
2012-09-03, 05:05 PM
How much xp, any idea what is this mistake?
(knowledge checks/ divination spells etc)

drack
2012-09-04, 01:14 PM
"That was a mistake": a phrase commonly implying that an error was made by the indented recipient of these words, or a threat of recompense.

xp: that really didn't feel like CR over 40 did it... :smallconfused:

Lexin
2012-09-04, 01:19 PM
... Drack... my character is kind of made to kill high level creatures...
I just checked, I can deal more damage in one turn than the strongest epic spell in SRD... and I can do that in Antimagic field...

My character isn't versatile, but he can deal damage...

I know what the phrase means, wanted knowledge check to see if I didn't destroy the balance of nature or something and eventually use divinations to see how fast would the revenge or something similar come...

Lexin
2012-09-04, 01:24 PM
+ take into account that gestalt is stronger than usual and it is really hard to gouge CR of epic characters and encounters... I chose this one because I knew I could kill it (although with few more eye lazers I could get hurt...)

The ones that would make trouble for me in my book have CR over 80... so in yours they have probably 60+

So ... 15 levels? :smallcool:

drack
2012-09-04, 05:22 PM
... Drack... my character is kind of made to kill high level creatures...
I just checked, I can deal more damage in one turn than the strongest epic spell in SRD... and I can do that in Antimagic field...

My character isn't versatile, but he can deal damage...

I know what the phrase means, wanted knowledge check to see if I didn't destroy the balance of nature or something and eventually use divinations to see how fast would the revenge or something similar come...

Do I look like the kind of DM that uses the SRD for the leaders of my NPC nations and/or if I'm challenging a player? :smallamused: Come now Lexin, you know me better then that.

According to Gaiy's library the guy you just killed was a noble in the Dark Storm.

+ take into account that gestalt is stronger than usual and it is really hard to gouge CR of epic characters and encounters... I chose this one because I knew I could kill it (although with few more eye lazers I could get hurt...)

The ones that would make trouble for me in my book have CR over 80... so in yours they have probably 60+

So ... 15 levels? :smallcool:

True, lets go with 9000xp as if you had killed something your level. After all storm of vigilance+sonorous hum+specialized damage spell that negates SR, saves, and most immunity+ decent HP only really takes a level 17, 10 if you push me, and I'm feeling that I should give you some xp since that was the point, so I think 9k is good. :smallbiggrin:

Lexin
2012-09-04, 05:29 PM
Hey, man. This is unfair... Really this time...

I looked for any creature that is high enough CR to get a level, fight with it for days (RT) and after this fight you tell me you lower the CR from 43 to 30 ?

It doesn't really work like that. If I could hit only for 100/turn I would get more experience?

If you block all the ways to gain experience then tell from the start that we are not getting any in this game.

I wouldn't even be here, wasting time like that if you told me this first. I even specifically asked few times how much exp is he worth, and you even said that I would probably loose. Don't turn it around now...

Any time I try to do something in this world you say it is impossible. If you want to make people unmotivated to play just say that...

And if he was CR 30 I would probably kill him in one hit with Holy Word and he wouldn't have SR 99 and wouldn't have 320d6 divine attack...

drack
2012-09-04, 05:36 PM
Chill chill. I know I can't drop the CR afterwards if you're gonna reject it, just pointing out that in hindsight it is a touch cheep. An honestly I had the other guy readied to whisk him away if you hit, and instead decided to give you xp... (the other guy was the real challenge regardless of whether you fight him or not...)

Lexin
2012-09-04, 05:43 PM
Chill chill. I know I can't drop the CR afterwards if you're gonna reject it, just pointing out that in hindsight it is a touch cheep. An honestly I had the other guy readied to whisk him away if you hit, and instead decided to give you xp... (the other guy was the real challenge regardless of whether you fight him or not...)

If it wasn't for the 2-3 tricks I have in my main character the Thunder would easily kill all of my strongest characters (levels 18+) even if they all fought him at once. I bought Axiomatic enhancement only to kill this guy...
Now you are telling me that you've never intended to give me experience for beating him (one of the very few high level challenges I can beat with my current tricks/abilities).

+ Experience is given for beating the challenge, even if he ran away / was killed by someone else, the most that could happen is experience divided by 2 (the guy who finished him off getting the other half...)

And it is hard to chill when you are spoiling the fun... and you are doing it quite often lately...

drack
2012-09-04, 06:16 PM
Really? :smallconfused:

Lets look at this for a minute. You have similar HP, higher damage, and it hurts it's self automatically. Now tell me, beyond touchsight, the equivalent of which isn't too uncommon which tricks did you need? And for a 3.5 round kill no less (1.5 rounds combat 2 rounds moving and a few easy kills for flavor)

Anywho not trying to leech fun so much as thinking on if it's fair to give you 15 levels easy as that while the others will still need to scrape through more difficult challenges. Now admittedly from a fluff-view you've just ordered two tanks of boiling oil over your head with the sheer recklessness of these xp stunts (honestly I think war with a player would have been a safer bet...), but 15 gestalt levels is nothing to scoff at all the same. So I'm asking you now, were you to be honest to me about the difficulty of that encounter, how much do you think it should be worth. :smallcool:

Edit: and if you think it's really worth 15 levels so be it...

Lexin
2012-09-04, 06:36 PM
... just a while before you posted me a link to players that would kill me in 1 round. I wanted to level up to have a chance with them.

My level 28 gestalt cohort would die in 2 rounds.

She has spells, but would never beat his SR (+ concentration checks she wouldn't pass). She has supernatural abilities that I would need to use for 21 rounds (assuming maxed rolls) or 84 (assuming min rolls) to kill the guy... and actually it wouldn't be enough because he has regeneration...
She has 1k hp - 2 hits with lazer eyes (the self-inflicted damage heals in 2 rounds thanks to regeneration)

... no way for killing it ... she probably wouldn't even find the guy in the storm because if fission with 720 ft speed/move action had to use 3 rounds to find him, then she would need around 20.... and he could just move away.

As for tricks, I didn't mean here. Tricks are my characters ways to kill others, he has a lot of immunities, some SR and fission but for the attack he has only:
-Holy word/Dictum (cl 45) ... thunder is immune
-Slam with massive damage on which I focused most of the build. It killed the Thunder in 2 hits, but would do nothing if he didn't have the exact regeneration that I could beat (law and epic)

I know I killed it in few rounds, but if you for example use Mercury Golem (even one with lower CR) I am a dead man.

If you count the difficulty subjectively, if it was killed by someone easily or not, then it doesn't make sense...
Did you ever punish the player for using (in 3.0) blessed crossbow bolt on Rakshasa?
If you prepare to the fight, know everything about the enemy, protect from his attacks and use his vulnerabilities it is normal...

So I'm asking you now, were you to be honest to me about the difficulty of that encounter, how much do you think it should be worth.

You can give me 0... I don't care. But it is less and less fun to try to do anything in this game, so I would probably keep distributing taxes every week and talking with other players, every other action seems to be a waste of time...

That and when you made the whole talking before the Thunder was dead I knew that I am risking a war with something strong. I thought that it would be interesting, at least I would have something to do. But now, you tell me that I have a war with something 'stronger than a player' for 9k exp (and no treasure as he was taken somewhere...)?
Yeah... real fun...

Edit: In other words, you changed High-Risk + High-Gain situation for Extremely High Risk - No Gain situation...

drack
2012-09-04, 06:46 PM
Do you want to know the truth of it? (the first part about the 1 round kill player), eh, there are always ways to kill these guys even with so low as a few level 10s... Anywho you do have some good points here, so I'll take this PM

Lexin
2012-09-04, 06:51 PM
Just to say, the part about cohort was her vs Thunder. (It is 2 am here... I may forget to write some things from time to time :smallredface:)

drack
2012-09-04, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it's cool, after all we all need to rant every now and then. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-09-04, 07:34 PM
Okay, just to confirm.

Me listing creatures I found and were high CR and less than 5k hp (listing randomly the ones that seemed fun (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13792654&postcount=397))

You telling me which one can I find (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13823922&postcount=414)

- So no I didn't choose the one that is easy to kill...

Me telling you that they are high CR and easy for me to kill (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13822173&postcount=409)

- If you told me at this point that the exp points are lowered I wouldn't complain... (or at any point later when I calculated exp and asked few times how much would I get... where I tried to lower the value to not break the game...)

drack
2012-09-04, 07:39 PM
Yes, yes, I leave too much in my head... :smallsigh: So yeah I should probably say a touch more, but at the same time having given away that there was someone who would fusion with it would be silly, no? :smalltongue: (admittedly I was tired when I said that it died, and somehow the fusion bit had slipped me...)

Lexin
2012-09-04, 07:51 PM
... Can you tell me anything about the new Big Bad?
And you know that if he has different Regeneration than you have an auto-win... (that's why I need to prepare before fights)

Do I get to level up before the next fight?

drack
2012-09-04, 08:19 PM
... Can you tell me anything about the new Big Bad?
And you know that if he has different Regeneration than you have an auto-win... (that's why I need to prepare before fights)

Do I get to level up before the next fight?

Yes, you also get to run away if you so choose. Anywho hit up the "dark storm" entry in the first post for details. the recruitment one is most up to date.

Lexin
2012-09-04, 08:25 PM
Yes, you also get to run away if you so choose. Anywho hit up the "dark storm" entry in the first post for details. the recruitment one is most up to date.

I see. Can the knowledge checks tell me anything about this guy (himself, like race/ basic stats) and his nation (mostly how big is it)

Leveling up and other decisions tomorrow...

drack
2012-09-04, 09:43 PM
major nations, unknown race likely correlating to the elements in some manner...

Lexin
2012-09-05, 05:46 AM
Even if it is unusual race, according to rules I can identify around 90 hd of it... if it is more then I remind you I am not in high-op group (at least wasn't)
I don't want full stats, but things like what would beat it's regeneration (if any) would help.

There was somewhere an information that with... DC 25 history/local you can identify someone's class + 1 sentence about it. (like he is a rougue and he is good at hiding)
there was another bit for every 10 DC more.

... Anyway, initiative? How far is the guy? Is it the Big Bad mentioned in OP? Any minions in sight? Any of my Servants alive? Is he attacking or just giving an 'evil guy monologue' now? Does evil elemental count as outsider? If yes how long would it take for 600 casters to gather and make 100 l of Holy Water (if not, then Acid )? Is teleportation working?

4) actually stll deciding which should take place first. Leaning towards this one, though I'm also considering overlap. Anywho OOC why you didn't detect the other hand is as I said IC it's technically loyalty to their gods and the land, though I did directly name the one that will probably give you trouble.
Not sure if overlapping, fight with Thunder lasted... 10 rounds? (1 minute)

the other conflict started from moving trees... and it was probably hours until they noticed, then at least half an hour till I noticed they were cutting them... then a lot of talking... then charming + talking... then mind probes... then memory thingy... then ruin swarm ... and at this point I want to stop (it is at least hours after the Thunder)

drack
2012-09-05, 06:24 AM
History: You can recall no historical documentation of his race. Though Titusarvin is though to be akin to an omnimental.
Initiative: depends on if you're staying for a back to back fight.
Distance: About 100'
mentioned in the op: the first post?
Minions in sight: no
Is he attacking or just giving an 'evil guy monologue' now?: neither. He's smart enough to know that he could gather his power better with time as you are, but he's not evil, he's TN, so it's more patience then an evil monologue.
Does evil elemental count as outsider?: elementals are generally outsiders, so I suppose...
If yes how long would it take for 600 casters to gather and make 100 l of Holy Water (if not, then Acid )?: dunno, check your alchemy skill/casing time.
Is teleportation working?: yes
Not sure if overlapping, fight with Thunder lasted... 10 rounds?: 4 rounds, 24 seconds, but each has to prepare and Titusarvin will definitely take longer...

Lexin
2012-09-05, 08:02 AM
Just to specify IC it was a joke. If I include :smalltongue: it usually is.

That said, can we just stop the progress there? It might happen that I would come back to the whole Epic Deities of Earth, but now I have to deal with Epic Deities of Storm...
Later I would need to find Water and Fire and I would have a whole set!!

How large is Titusarvin?

Assuming that at least one of Servants is alive, he takes a bit of Thunder and is teleported away.

Once again, regeneration question. This information should be somewhere, history/local/planes someone fought him in the past, so there would be information.

He dies, you gain xp, and the ark shadow speaks, the storm about you no longer damaging, but still present "That was a mistake."
Ambross teleports 5 ft from Titusarvin.
"It probably was, indeed. Just like underestimating me." *shrug* "Don't worry though I won't do this mistake." he says with cold voice and savage smile...

OOC: I really regret that there aren't Lawful Berserkers...
Should I post here how I level up him, or PM it?

Edit: Was Spiritual Wound mutation from evolutionist Outsider mutations allowed? Would it be if it was changed not to ultimate damage type but more to beating regeneration?
Or at least 1 time taken = 1 type of regeneration (like good/Law/Silver etc.)?

drack
2012-09-05, 04:38 PM
Joke: I figured. :smallwink:

Epic deities: nah, just epic, not deities

How large is Titusarvin?: trick question. the elements spinning though the air are colossal, but you detect a medium sized abnormality within it. :smallconfused:

Assuming that at least one of Servants is alive, he takes a bit of Thunder and is teleported away.: I'm probably going to regret this, but I suppose what happens happens... after all you're not the first to have a secret weapon... so long as they're half HD (well less, but you know). :smallwink:

Once again, regeneration question. This information should be somewhere, history/local/planes someone fought him in the past, so there would be information.:... unless nobody did... or unless anyone who did died unnoticed in a giant dark storm through which none of it could be seen. :smallwink: There is no mention of him in direct conflict...

OOC: re-link me via PM

"Do you truly wish to battle me here?" Titusarvin asks amused

Spiritual Wound mutation: I don't see why not, though check my ruling on outsider evolutionist just to make sure...

Lexin
2012-09-05, 04:52 PM
Epic Deities: Sounds more awesome with the word 'deities' added there...

Titusarvin size: So umm, when I teleported 5ft from him... was it from the medium sized part?

Servant: Yay for storm biggy Simulacrum!!

Regeneration/ Spiritual Wound mutation: Yay this mutation isn't banned! (the supernatural disease is, and somehow I thought the wound is too).
No Regeneration for anyone!!

OOC: Linked

IC: "If you really wish to fight... then this place is as good as any..."

OOC2: Unless you don't have his character sheet yet. But I would prefer the fast solo fight over the 'half of my nation dead because we fought in the middle of the city' situation...

drack
2012-09-05, 05:19 PM
Titusarvin size: not sure, are you teleporting into the larger part (keeping in mind that some elementals can do... fun stuff... when you go in them? :smallbiggrin:

Servant: yeah, you have enough for say five. :smallcool:

Regeneration/ Spiritual Wound mutation: eh, be careful there, just because they don't wake up (ideally) doesn't mean they're dead...

OOC2: eh, give me some time then. I have his premise in my mind, it's just a matter of getting it on paper and doing a humungous math problem... :smalltongue: Basically this guy is a homebrew epic monster reliant of a few key abilities... though thinking about it I know how to do this through approved homebrew and the books, so on second thought lets go with labeling it "undone" :smalltongue: Anywho the nation map is for something else too. :smallwink: (they don't want half their nation dead because you consider large elementals distracting either :smalltongue:)

anywho OOC it'll be a while, but I don't really mind delaying it a bit...

Lexin
2012-09-05, 06:09 PM
Titusarvin size: Let's say outside for now.

Servant : :smallbiggrin:

Regeneration/ Spiritual Wound mutation: They are dead (or permanently unconscious) till healed... it is actually better than normal killing... most players have Contingent True Res... But I don't think many of them have a Heal with cl good enough to beat my DC 74...

OOC2: So just post here when you finish the stats... It is already a fight from few days ago IC, we would just start again from this moment when you finish.

I will probably keep nagging about it every now and then if it takes really long

drack
2012-09-05, 06:25 PM
Actually I commonly have contingent healing...

Lexin
2012-09-05, 06:27 PM
Actually I commonly have contingent healing...

With Cl over 54?

I think I don't have... but I didn't fight even once in person yet...

drack
2012-09-05, 06:51 PM
No, on anything over level 5 I can usually heal myself without much added effort. A favorite is intelligent items with heal spells.