PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 4e: Screaming Nightmare (OOC)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

RandomLunatic
2012-11-21, 12:03 AM
Wow, how did they get such lousy inits? Ghouls have an Initiative of 9. Unless these are some really substandard Ghouls...

Anyways, spirit chucks an F5 stun ball at the C3-D4 Intersection.

4 MAG + 4 Spellcasting
[roll0]

Each takes 5+Net hits Stun.

Resists 3P drain with 4 WIL + 4 LOG (presumably, not that it matters too much)
[roll1]
EDIT: No drain!

Also, there is no "s" in "precedence".

BudgetDM
2012-11-21, 12:42 AM
Where are the ganger elves? Below Z?

Daravon_35
2012-11-21, 12:50 AM
Yeah the elves aren't on the map. They'd be below Z.

BudgetDM
2012-11-21, 02:04 AM
Running toward K36 and if I get there (I'm a little unclear on scale) toward K5.

Running:
Strength - 1: [roll0]

RandomLunatic
2012-11-21, 02:24 AM
Looks like 1 meter per square. So with your sprinting roll, you would end up at K9 at the end of the turn.

Key word being end of turn. You gotta split that 41 meters of movement across three IPs, so after the first you should be at K37 or so. Depending how he wants to round.

Daravon_35
2012-11-21, 09:29 AM
Running toward K36 and if I get there (I'm a little unclear on scale) toward K5.

Running:
Strength - 1: [roll0]

Yeah it's 1-1 for meter to square ratio.

Karen Lynn
2012-11-21, 11:52 AM
I made the assumption it would be, but are you cool with me using those rolls I already made for now?

Daravon_35
2012-11-21, 06:05 PM
Yeah that's fine, rolls are rolls.

Telasi
2012-11-24, 06:59 PM
Okay, that second roll is pretty terrible. When I'd have done better buying hits...

Base damage is 6S(e) v 1/2 I, as normal for SnS rounds. If I hit, they get to resist that + net hits and then make a Don't Tase Me, Bro! check.

Karen Lynn
2012-11-27, 03:46 AM
Taz'n Ghoulies. :P

Daravon_35
2012-11-28, 11:27 PM
I'm still alive, but my semester is winding down, so I have a ton due. I had a project and 3 tests this week. Tomorrow night I should be over some what of a hump for this week, so post should be up then. Next week I have some more tests and a paper, but will try to get another update or two up then.

Been trying to catch up on work and get ahead so I could do this in a timely manner. Sorry about it though. Once we get into the normal adventure it should go smoother as I have that written up. A lot of this was semi-planned on what you all did action wise.

RandomLunatic
2012-11-29, 03:31 AM
Oh good, he is alive. I was beginning to worry you had had some horrible accident traveling for Thanksgiving.

Karen Lynn
2012-11-29, 01:00 PM
I had assumed as much. But it's cool. I have guild wars 2 now. :3

BudgetDM
2012-11-29, 08:46 PM
Real life comes first, don't worry about it. You're still better at updating than I was.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-08, 11:27 PM
[Poke thread again]

Telasi
2012-12-08, 11:50 PM
*thread slowly sits up* I HUNGER!!!

Still here.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-09, 12:35 AM
HOLY *BLEEP*! *Starts filling thread with buckshot until it lies back down*

And this, kids, is why you should never practice thread necromancy without a shotgun handy.

BudgetDM
2012-12-09, 01:45 AM
I am also here as well.

It's the season, because my other PbP game is going slow as well.

Karen Lynn
2012-12-09, 10:55 AM
Still lurking...

*starts pouring a circle of salt around the thread*

Daravon_35
2012-12-11, 11:17 PM
Ok map coming up tomorrow night. The ghouls have taken their damage, everything hit except for Damian's 2nd shot. All the ghouls are still standing, some better then others..

Waiting to see what Mick does.

Also the ghoul passed the don't taze me bro test.

Also next week are my finals and then my schedule clears up again, woo!

Edited: because I miscounted who's turn it was.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-11, 11:27 PM
Well, I think they all have taken enough damage to knock their initiative down far enough that Mick goes ahead of them instead of simultaneously. I have just been waiting to see the results so I can tell if I should Stunball them or just use the taser.

Daravon_35
2012-12-11, 11:31 PM
Did anyone have 2+ init passes or no (besides rhyno) and I can do the init's for them now.

They are:
G1: 6
G2: 5
G3: 4

You should probably kill either all of them or all but one before they go, but we'll see.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-11, 11:34 PM
Well, I have not yet taken my 1st turn yet. I want to know if I go before the ghouls or not.

Telasi
2012-12-11, 11:46 PM
Damian has Wired Reflexes 2, which he'd have triggered on the way to the fight.

Daravon_35
2012-12-12, 12:14 AM
Well, I have not yet taken my 1st turn yet. I want to know if I go before the ghouls or not.

Sorry about that, Random, yeah go ahead you will go ahead of all 3 of them with the wound mod. When I looked quick I thought the first stunball was you, not the spirit since I thought I also just saw the spirit moving back to kit.

I'll have to reroll the above then, so I'll nix those from that post.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-12, 01:09 AM
...Well, crud. Kit's charge did 2 things, both bad.

1: She opened herself up to an Attack of Opportunity Interception from Ghoul 1.
2: She made impossible for me to nuke all the ghouls without hitting her as well.

..Unless I use the third dimension. If the ghouls are taller than her (likely, given how short Kit is), then I think it may be possible to target the spell at some point above and behind the ghouls so it hits them and not Kit. It would just require a ton more math than I feel like doing to prove it. Would you like to accept such a point exists and Mick can find it, or should Ghoul 1 just get off the hook?

Daravon_35
2012-12-12, 01:26 AM
I ignored the interception, since Kit was already charging into melee with 3 ghouls. I didn't want a dead player in the first "fun" combat of the game.

As for the stunball. Ghoul 1 is probably going to get out free this time. Normally I'd allow it, but at least one ghoul is technically in combat with Kit attempting to evade her attack and the ghouls are probably fairly slouched over since they were just hunched down low feeding on the bum.

*Edit: If your stunball kills the two ghouls, I'll throw in the interception to at least make the combat more entertaining*

Telasi
2012-12-12, 01:45 AM
I should probably have pointed out that Damian's Predator is integrally silenced, so -6 to hear the gunshots if it matters.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-12, 03:20 AM
Or I can take the third option and multi-cast two spells-a Stunball and a Control Thoughts. Total pool is 5 MAG + 5 Spellcasting which gets split evenly.

F5 Stunball centered at the very top of the map at the intersection between 3 and 4.
5 dice allocted +2 Power focus
[roll0]

Resist 4S Drain with 5 WIL + 5 LOG
[roll1]

F3 Control Thoughts on Ghoul 1, with the same dice
[roll2]

Resist 4s Drain with the same dice
[roll3]

END RESULT: 1 S drain with a weak Stunball and an even weaker and glitched Control Thoughts.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-12, 03:25 AM
And since it came up, here are my rolls to determine if, to the best of Mick's knowledge, shifters can catch HMHVV.

Parazooology seems like the best bet, but I can make an argument for Magical Theory too (shifters are magical, and HMHVV has an awakened component to it), so I will roll both.

Parazoology 3 + 5 LOG
[roll0]

Magical Theory 4 + 5 LOG
[roll1]

Karen Lynn
2012-12-12, 12:24 PM
Or you could throw in the interception regardless, seeing as I did make the attack with knowledge of that rule. Your call.

Telasi
2012-12-12, 01:35 PM
Where are the rules for multicasting spells? I can't seem to find them.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-12, 02:00 PM
Page 173. Last section under "Step 3: Choose a target"

BudgetDM
2012-12-13, 03:22 AM
Just in case it wasn't clear, Rhyno's gonna keep running. Also good to see the game picking up again.

Daravon_35
2012-12-15, 01:04 AM
Or you could throw in the interception regardless, seeing as I did make the attack with knowledge of that rule. Your call.

Ok inteception hit is 2 net hits on you. So make your opposed test for Kit.

Dmg is DV 4P, AP 0 +net if it hits.

And since it came up, here are my rolls to determine if, to the best of Mick's knowledge, shifters can catch HMHVV.

Parazooology seems like the best bet, but I can make an argument for Magical Theory too (shifters are magical, and HMHVV has an awakened component to it), so I will roll both.

Parazoology 3 + 5 LOG
[roll0]

Magical Theory 4 + 5 LOG
[roll1]

As far as you know, they can't, since they're technically not human and are animals.

Or I can take the third option and multi-cast two spells-a Stunball and a Control Thoughts. Total pool is 5 MAG + 5 Spellcasting which gets split evenly.

F5 Stunball centered at the very top of the map at the intersection between 3 and 4.
5 dice allocted +2 Power focus
[roll0]

Resist 4S Drain with 5 WIL + 5 LOG
[roll1]

F3 Control Thoughts on Ghoul 1, with the same dice
[roll2]

Resist 4s Drain with the same dice
[roll3]

END RESULT: 1 S drain with a weak Stunball and an even weaker and glitched Control Thoughts.

G1 and G3 resist the spells. G2 does not. All ghouls are still standing and will take their attacks now.

All 3 still on Kit, since she's close, by.

Kit has to defend against: G1: 4 hits, G2: 1 hit, G3: 2 hits

RandomLunatic
2012-12-15, 02:45 AM
Well, regardless of how chewed up Kit gets, the Spirit is going to throw a second Stunball to hit Ghouls 2 and 3, then move up to square F3 to lend a hand in the melee.

MAG 4 + Spellcasting 4
[roll0]

DV 5S + Net hits

Resist 3P Drain on LOG 4 + WIL 4
[roll1]

EDIT: 1P Drain (Are you tracking the stun/physical monitors separately for spirits?)

Karen Lynn
2012-12-15, 04:08 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14224942&postcount=244

That post has my first two defense rolls.

Interception blocked with two hits
G1 has 2 net hits on its attack.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Karen Lynn
2012-12-15, 04:46 PM
Oh, just saw the no interception bit. That makes it:

G1 with 2 net hits
G2 with 0 net hits
G3 with 2 net hits

6P resisted with Bod2+6 impact twice.
[roll0] 4 hits
[roll1] 4 hits

2p + 2p

Took 4p total.

So, how much damage did I do to the ghoul with my 3P+5 net? Curiosity only.

Low pain tolerance: -2 penalty now.

RandomLunatic
2012-12-15, 05:27 PM
4S, actually, since the DV failed to exceed your armor. Not that it matters too much...

Karen Lynn
2012-12-15, 05:32 PM
Ah! Thank you! I had forgotten about that.

Karen Lynn
2012-12-23, 12:07 PM
*refreshes*

Daravon_35
2012-12-31, 07:34 PM
Silly Adrian, you can't be refreshed if you were never freshed in the first place...

Ok Starting Wednesday, a new update with regular updates to follow. Classes are done, holidays are over, relatives aren't visiting anymore... I finally have time. Sorry again about this, but I promise regular updates coming this Wednesday.

Daravon_35
2013-01-01, 06:21 AM
Hey guys, I got a pm last night from someone wanting to join our game. I don't mind a 5th, but it's up to you all if you want one more or not. I can fit them in no prob, but it's really up to you all.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-01, 02:52 PM
I got the same PM, and I'm groovy with it.

RandomLunatic
2013-01-01, 03:26 PM
I did not get anything, but I do not have a problem with another guy.

EDIT: Did he say what he was playing as? About the only thing we are missing is a rigger.

Telasi
2013-01-01, 09:36 PM
Unless and until I get more information, I'm tentatively against. Admittedly, this is mostly because I don't know anything more than the request has been made and the fact that I hate it when people come begging to join a game in the middle (due partly to some bad experiences with that in the past).

1. Who is this person?
2. What's this person like?
3. Joining as what?

Once those questions are answered, I can give a response based on something more than gut reaction.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-01, 09:44 PM
I can say this much:
1. DaedalusK71 is his username.
2. I'm searching the site via Google for his posts
3. I have no clue.

Edit:

2a. If you put the following into Google, you can judge for yourself.

site:www.giantitp.com/forums DaedalusK71

Daravon_35
2013-01-01, 10:22 PM
Also the proposed character at the moment is another mage.

BudgetDM
2013-01-02, 12:28 AM
I'm (currently) abstaining from voting. I didn't get any PMs, so I don't have anything to judge other than what was said so far, which doesn't tell me enough.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-02, 12:38 AM
Well, I'm a believer in anything that alters party dynamics be unanimous, so if even one person says no after all is brought to the table, I support going with no.

Now, to find a way to say that in less than twenty edits without coming off as a jerk...

Daravon_35
2013-01-02, 12:45 AM
Any chance you have room for a seasoned shadowrun player?

I am ok with a slow pace. Can I assume standard build points / availability? My initial thoughts were to play either a gnome or a Night One elf Mage. Are you allowing Surge? I have a couple characters that I can strip the karma from. I'll PM them to you sometime today.

His proposed char so far (and 3rd pm):

Here's what I have so far. I need to spend a little more Nuyen but it is mostly done. Let me know if you see anything off or unacceptable.

Johann Krieger / Niemand

Attributes (190/190)
B - 1
A - 3
R - 3
S - 2
C - 3
I - 5
L - 5
W - 5

Secondary (40/230)
E - 6
M - 5
I - 6
Edge - 2

Qualities (35/265)
Mage(Hermetic)
Astral Chameleon
Erased
Mentor Spirit

Skills (100/365)
Sorcery[Group] 3
Conjuring[Group] 3
Unarmed Combat 4
Arcana 2
Astral Combat 2
Negotiation 2

Knowledge Skills [30]

Criminal Organizations 1
Fences 2
Gang Identification 1
Accounting 1
Economics 1
Law 3
Parabotany 1
Parazoology 1
Spell Design 4
Magic 4
Combat Biking
Spanish 2
Japanese 2
Or'zet 2
Perethiel 2
Sioux 2

Spells (21/386)
Manabolt
Stunbolt
Heal
Increased Reflexes
Physical Mask
Trid Phantasm
Armor

Gear (10/392) [50k]
Knife
Shock Gloves
Camoflage Suit
Erika Elite Commlink
Iris Orb Operating System
Optical Binoculars
F2 Sustaining Focus
Suzuki Mirage

4 BP spent Bonding Focus

I agree that what you all seem to be missing would be a rigger though and not a mage. Also maybe a little more of a face, although I know a couple of you have some cha w/ neg/con skills.

Those are the three PMs I've gotten at the moment, so you all now know as much as I do. As of right now it feels like people are leaning towards no, which I'm fine with. I just never have an issue letting another player join, but in the end it's up to you all, since this game is as much about your fun and enjoyment as anything.

If you all want more answers I can definitely invite him to this thread so you can ask them or he can talk, let me know. Also I have not yet pm'd him back about a char or what I'm allowing as there's no need for him to really make up a char (although he alrdy did or modified one) till I even know if he's going to join.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-02, 12:47 AM
I support asking him to chat with us in this thread. Let's us get to know him some, and other words and concepts I can't remember right now. >.<

Telasi
2013-01-02, 12:50 AM
Camo suit? Gonna be sucking on the encumbrance with that 1 Body. Squishy as all hell, too.

I support chat in OOC, it'll help us get to know this guy.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-02, 01:04 AM
We did the alternate rule: No encumbrance if only using 1 piece of armor. Still smushy. Like pancakes.

Telasi
2013-01-02, 01:25 AM
Ah, right. Been a while since chargen, and I'm running an irl SR4 game, hence the confusion.

RandomLunatic
2013-01-02, 03:05 AM
Between Mick and Damien, I think/hope we have enough Face to get by. Which is why I did not bring it up earlier.

Is anybody else reading these PMs and getting a "Special Snowflake Syndrome" vibe off this guy? Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but I just have horrible memories of the last time I gamed with a SSS (he was also That Guy, and he nearly managed to kill the game off by himself at least once through sheer unadulterated dumb*******ery).

Not that I am accusing Daedulus of being That Guy-I just get nervous twitches whenever I see this sort of thing pop up. I suppose we could try talking, although I am not too hopeful at this point.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-02, 03:08 AM
Now the questions from me: What is Special Snowflake Syndrome, and do I give it off?

Just looked it up... I fear I may give off that vibe pretty badly...

Karen Lynn
2013-01-02, 11:52 AM
Double post:

I'm going to want to see some IC for the character posted here, but the most snowflake it gets that I see is gnome/drow; not that I can say much, playing a fox shifter... Seriously, I'd like to see some of his posting for the character. C'mon, Daedalus!

If that's a human, only thing I see wrong so far is that he broke the 1 primary at 6/OR two primaries at 5 chargen rule.

Daravon_35
2013-01-03, 02:13 AM
Alright since no one has objected I'll invite Daedalus to this thread so you all can ask him questions unless Budget voices in quick and says he's against it.

Also looks like we left off combat at the 2nd init pass with the spirit going, then rhyno finishing his run and then damian. So if that's correct you all can take your turns, which I'm guessing will probably end combat, if not we'll then redo init and take it from there.

RandomLunatic
2013-01-03, 03:42 AM
I (well, the spirit) already went. Here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14381493&postcount=286)

Telasi
2013-01-03, 01:47 PM
Pistols 4 + Agility 6 + Smartlink 2: [roll0]
Pistols 4 + Agility 6 + Smartlink 2: [roll1]

Edit: Two and seven hits, respectively. At least better than IP 1, that. Also, I have 3 IPs with Wired Reflexes 2, so one more before we re-roll initiative.

Targeting both on Ghoul 1, by the way. Still S'n'S rounds, so 6S(e) v 1/2 I plus net hits.

Daravon_35
2013-01-04, 10:41 PM
EDIT: 1P Drain (Are you tracking the stun/physical monitors separately for spirits?)

Yes, seperately.

RandomLunatic
2013-01-05, 12:09 AM
Hold crud, these ghouls are tough. Three F5 stunballs and I only dropped one.

Telasi
2013-01-05, 12:28 AM
Ghouls are pretty tough, yeah. Not super-tough, but they're one of the nastier things to run into in a dark alley.

BudgetDM
2013-01-05, 12:54 AM
Alright since no one has objected I'll invite Daedalus to this thread so you all can ask him questions unless Budget voices in quick and says he's against it.

Also looks like we left off combat at the 2nd init pass with the spirit going, then rhyno finishing his run and then damian. So if that's correct you all can take your turns, which I'm guessing will probably end combat, if not we'll then redo init and take it from there.

<Is Late>

Stupid board software not sending me updates.

Probably too late, but I have no objection.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-05, 09:34 AM
Can't wait for Kit to get a talking to about punching ghouls in the face. *gun is visible at her hip* :D

DaedalusK71
2013-01-05, 09:37 AM
Hello everyone,

Daravon_35 said you wanted to talk before I was allowed to join the game (Kind of feels like a job interview...). I'll tell you a bit about myself and you can ask any question you like.

I have played Shadowrun since second edition, though I have been gaming much longer (Red Box...). I was a Fan Pro Commando back in the day and I worked with John Dunn on some of the early Missions adventures. I am a role-player not a roll-player. I am not a munchkin but I do enjoy a high-powered game where my characters make a real difference now and then. I like complicated PCs with character of their own. This is not to say I am a loonie, or as Lunatic put it 'SSS'. I simply enjoy exploring concepts.

I am a very good role-player. I work well with a group. I am happy to pick up slack where the party needs it (e.g. playing a rigger because that's what the group needs). I am not a rules lawyer and I don't meta-game.

So, you know a bit about me. I'm sure you have questions... Fire away.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-05, 09:59 AM
Oh drek, we have a writer... :D

So far, I like ya.

I guess we're just wary because we've all had a bad experience. My IRL game just faltered because of a new player, and is now on indefinite hiatus.

So, question: are you a jackass?

DaedalusK71
2013-01-05, 10:37 AM
I totally get that Adrian. I can't tell you how many games I have been in fell apart because of one person.

If I become that person chances are either I am doing it on purpose (in which case you should bounce me fast) or I actually AM SSS (and you should bounce me fast). In either case it won't affect me greatly, I'll just find another group's game to screw up (IF I were 'That Guy'... which I am not.).

Am I a jackass? I suppose I can act like a jackass on occasion but generally no, I am not.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-05, 10:52 AM
Interview 1: Success.

You're cool by me, then.

BudgetDM
2013-01-06, 12:24 AM
Yeah, DaedalusK71, you're not hitting any of my warning signs. I'm changing my vote from indeferent to yes.

Telasi
2013-01-06, 03:05 PM
What I really want to see is a little character backstory (just a paragraph or so hitting the high points) to go with the build. I reserve final judgment until then.

Just so you know, you overpaid by 2 points on binding your focus, btw. (SR20A, p. 87)

DaedalusK71
2013-01-06, 05:04 PM
I sent that character to Daravon by mistake (too many conversations at once). It was for another game. Here is the character I'd like to play in your game...

Name/Alias: Isidor Baumgaertner / 'Neimand'

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy209/DaedalusK71/gnome-mage03.png
Metatype: Dwarf[Gnome]

Statistics

{table] Ethnicity | Sex | Age | Height | Weight | Hair | Eyes
Austrian | M | 23 | .82m | 36kg | Blonde | Blue[/table]

{table]Composure | Judge Intentions | Lift/Carry | Lift/Carry wt | Notoriety | Memory | Public Awareness | Street Cred

8 |
7 |
6 |
60/40kg |
1 |
10 |
0 |
0[/table]

Physical Attributes
{table]Body | Agility | Reaction | Strength

2 |
4 |
3 |
4[/table]

Mental Attributes
{table]Charisma | Intuition | Logic | Willpower

3 |
4 |
5 |
5[/table]

Special Attributes
{table]Edge | Essence | Initiative | Magic

2 |
6 |
7 |
5[/table]

More Special Attributes
{table]Current Edge | Astral Int | Matrix Int | Init Passes

2 |
8 |
6 |
1 / 1 / 3[/table]

Active Skills

Groups
{table]Sorcery | Conjuring

4 |
3[/table]

{table]Arcana[Spell Design] | Assensing | Astral Combat | Blades[knives] | Con | Etiquette | Pilot Ground Craft | Unarmed Combat[Martial Arts]

1|
1|
1|
1|
1|
1|
1|
1[/table]

Knowledge Skills
{table]Language: English | Language: German | Language: Japanese | Language: Or'zet | Language: Sioux | Language: Spanish | Language: Sperethiel

N|
1|
1|
1|
1|
1|
1|
Area Know: Chicago | Area Know: Denver | Area Know: Seattle | Business | Combat Tactics: Magic | Combat Tactics: Anti-Magic | Magical Traditions | Magical Theory | Magical Threats | Security Companies

1|
1|
1|
1|
1|
1|
3|
4|
4|
1[/table]

Miscellaneous

Contacts
{table]Contact Name | Type | Connection | Loyalty/Incident
Florian Meyer | Enemy | 1 | 4
'Lyle' | Contact | 1| 1[/table]

Qualities
{table]Quality Name | Rating
Arcane Arrester | N/A
Astral Chameleon | N/A
Erased[24 hrs] | 2
Magician | N/A
Thermographic Vision | N/A
Extravagant Eyes[Solid Black/No Sclera] | N/A
Unusual Hair[Puce] | N/A
Dependent[Nuisance: Brother] | 1
Lost Loved One[Mother] | 1
Neoteny | N/A
Vendetta | N/A[/table]

Gear

Actioneer Business Clothes (5/3)
Bike Racing Armor (4/7)
Bike Racing Helmet (1/2)
+ Flare Compensation Link
Streetline Special
+Metahuman Customization
30 regular rounds
Ceramic Knife
+Metahuman Customization
Cougar Fineblad(Short) x2
+Metahuman Customization
Knife x2
+Metahuman Customization
Suzuki Mirage
+Metahuman Customization
+Vehicle Sensor
Binoculars, Optical
Disposable Commlink x2
+Disposable Commlink OS x2
Docwagon Contract: Basic (1 Mo)
Fake License Rtg:4 x2 (Cougar Fineblades)
Magesight Goggles
Magical Lodge Materials Rtg:4
Spirit Binding Materials Rtg: 3 x2
Subvocal Microphone
Sony Emperor
+Metahuman Customization
+ Mangdyne Deva OS
1 Mo. Low Lifestyle

Spells
Tradition: Hermetic
Manabolt
Stunbolt
Heal
Increase Reflexes
Physical Mask
Trid Phantasm
Armor
Levitate

Martial Art: Krav Maga
+Focus Will

Background
It is said that some people were just born into the wrong family. That it could be said of Isidor Baumgaertner would be an understatement. Isidor was born to Jungen and Mädchen Baumgaertner in a gnomish enclave in the hills near Wels, Austria. The village had been founded soon after metahumans began appearing around the globe. Originally established as a refuge for metahumans to escape persecution, ‘Zuflucht’ gradually became almost exclusively home to gnomes, particularly awakened gnomes. While the enclave does trade with Wels, magical services for hard to get items, it is done so only by the elders and only when necessary.

Things even started well. Isidor was born a twin, a sign of good fortune. Early on, it was clear that both Isidor and Horst had significant magical talents another boon. By the age of 15, Horst was apprenticed to the Guild of the Ent where he could develop his abilities as a physical adept. Isidor, however, it wasn’t quite so cut and dried. Initially, Isidor was placed with Kai, one of the enclave’s shamans. Isidor made little progress and even after a year, had not found a totem or spirit guide; each attempt ending in failure. These frustrations were magnified by Isidor’s constant need to know ‘why’. Why do spirits get to pick? What are they? Where do they come from? How do you control the spirit? What happens if you use salt instead of gypsum for the rite? Why, how, when, if, what, where,…

It seemed as though Isidor would be forever an apprentice when something remarkable happened. While shirking his morning chores, Isidor was hiking high in the hills near the enclave when the ground suddenly shuddered and rose up. Thrown clear, Isidor watched as the ground rose and took on the shape of a giant man. In its fist was a hunk of gold the size of Isidor’s head. Paying no attention to the gnome, the creature lumbered off to the North. Curious beyond belief, Isidor followed, studying it intently as it moved.

The creature suddenly stopped and simply stood there, waiting. Looking around, Isidor noticed a large man in strange clothing standing there, watching. “Can I help you?” he said. Isidor, curiosity warring with isolationist upbringing, paused, unwilling to speak. The man shifted his head and spoke reassuringly. “It won’t harm you, I assure you. IF that is what you are afraid of. It is a construct, nothing more; an elemental servant. I see you are of the shamanic tradition by your dress, so you should be familiar with the concept, if by another name.” Isidor shook his head, clearing his mind. “Who are you and why are you here? Who gave you the right to take?” The man smiled and raised his hands in peace. “Who am I? I am Rudiger Fassbinder, Third order mage of ZetaDyne and a member of the research staff based in Thale. My company purchased mineral rights to this area three years ago. I am simply gathering materials for my work.” “Purchased from whom? We would never have sold our land!” barked Isidor. “You are a liar and a thief!” Shifting his stand and his gaze, Isidor calmed himself as he had been taught. If ever I needed help great spirit, it would be now…He began a low chant and could feel the energy of the spirits approaching. Rudiger, quite shocked at Isidor’s course of action, cocked his head and said “Child, you are ill equipped for this. You are clearly not ready. Calm down and let’s get you back to your home.” Isidor barely heard it… he was in the zone, that still quite place where his master had taught him to be. The spirit approached and drifted next to Isidor. “You have called and I have answered young one… what is your desire?” Isidor smiled and wiped the sweat dripping from his brow. “He is a thief. He has taken from the land. Stop him!” The spirit began moving toward Rudiger who stood calmly. “Child, I admire your grit but you have much to learn.” His eyes narrowed and the spirit stopped. Isidor shifted his gaze to ‘other world’ and saw energies pouring from the man and into the spirit. Isidor watched in fascination as it happened. Transfixed, he watched as the energies took on structure and patterns. It made sense. It all made sense. He reached out to the spirit and began weaving structure of his own, strengthening the spirit’s pattern and feeding it some of his own. “That’s the spirit!” Rudiger laughed. “Pay attention to the lower harmonics… Those can be tricky…” Isidor, infuriated, ignored his taunt and kept feeding energy to his spirit. Suddenly, the spirit shuddered once and dissolved into a cloud of leaves and dirt. “Aww… I told you. Those lower harmonics may not seem like much but with each increase in power, their effects expand exponentially.” Isidor cast about for something, anything to throw at the man when his eyes stopped on the earth elemental. Rudiger stopped smiling. “I know what you are thinking but that isn’t some little conjured spirit. That is a grade 4 earth elemental. You are NOT ready to handle that. They are dangerous enough under control. You go sawing at it like you did that spirit and we’ll both be in a heap of trouble. “It’s settled then…” Isidor said and reached out for the elemental. He never saw Rudiger raise his hand.

Isidor awoke on a hard metal surface with a pounding headache. “Relax, stunbolts have a nasty hangover.” Rudiger said. “Relax.” He said as Isidor bolted upright. “I only stunned you to keep you from going after the elemental. It would have turned out badly. You’ve got balls though kid… I’ll give you that. Maybe in a few years we’ll have another go.” With every minor move sending shoots of pain through his skull, Isidor looked at the man. “Can you show me?” he said. “Show you what?” replied Rudiger. “How you do magic…” Rudiger looked around uncomfortably. “Ah.. I don’t know if that’s a good idea. We really should be getting you back to your family.”

This really marked the beginning of the end as Isidor’s parents saw it. From that day on, Isidor learned from Master Kai during the day but every waking moment outside of that was spent experimenting in the woods and sneaking into Wels to purchase books on hermeticism. It just made sense to him. Order was the basis for the universe and if one could learn its laws, one could use them to his advantage.

18 is the age of decision, the time when young men and women take their place in the enclave. It is also the last time Isidor saw his home. He tried to tell them. He tried to explain. But they would not hear. ‘Traitor’, ‘Deserter’, ‘heartbreaker’… ‘Outcast’, ‘banished’, … ‘alone’

After wandering for a few days, Isidor contacted the only person he thought he could turn to. He searched for and found Rudiger who reluctantly agreed to put Isidor up for a while. Days turned into weeks and eventually Isidor was granted a position as Rudiger’s assistant. Many of ZetaDyne’s mages came to see Isidor, the gnome mage. In time, the novelty faded and work continued. It would be another 2 years before Isidor would discover ‘Black Forrest’ a secret program whereby ZetaDyne brokers the storage of toxic waste in caves carved out for that purpose beneath the mountains and forests of Wels. Betrayed by his mentor, Isidor stole the documents and ran. Hoping to stop what was happening. He went home but no one would even look at him despite his pleas.

In desperation, Isidor went to the forest to try and find the caves. His brother catches up to him and they talk. Only it is interrupted by a team of mercs with orders to kill Isidor anyone with him. A short battle and Horst is terribly wounded. Isidor carries Horst back to their enclave only to find it has been attacked. Fearing the worst, Isidor takes his brother to a local hospital where he is treated. Shortly after there are reports that Isidor was responsible for the attack on the enclave and decides to take his brother and run. And he has been running ever since.

Next stop, Seattle…

Karen Lynn
2013-01-06, 08:37 PM
Ooohhh... Shiny.

Makes me feel lazy with my short little back story, though pretend as I might, I'm no writer.

RandomLunatic
2013-01-07, 06:25 PM
OK, you won me over. I vote "Aye".

Since I do not have RC, I will let somebody who knows what they are talking about do the sheet audit.

DaedalusK71
2013-01-07, 07:22 PM
I can post a chummer file if you have it (I checked my work there).

Daravon_35
2013-01-09, 08:39 PM
So it seems we're just waiting on final word from Telasi for you to be in Daedalus.

Also I'm fine with you playing whatever you want, but if you do want to play a rigger it is the one thing the group's missing. Also did you read over the first pages of this OOC where I go over how the game is and how the world is? Also what type of game it'll be. I do mention mages will have a little harder time with this run, so I want to make sure you get that warning.

Also I'm waiting for telasi to take his 3rd pass in init to finish up combat or start a new round.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-09, 09:36 PM
I must say that while I respect Daedalus, I am a follower of Morpheus myself. :P

DaedalusK71
2013-01-09, 09:55 PM
So it seems we're just waiting on final word from Telasi for you to be in Daedalus.

Also I'm fine with you playing whatever you want, but if you do want to play a rigger it is the one thing the group's missing. Also did you read over the first pages of this OOC where I go over how the game is and how the world is? Also what type of game it'll be. I do mention mages will have a little harder time with this run, so I want to make sure you get that warning.

Also I'm waiting for telasi to take his 3rd pass in init to finish up combat or start a new round.

@Daravon - Two things:

1. I have zero experience playing a rigger. Having said that, I am more than willing to try something new if the group feels they need a rigger over a(nother) mage. You'll just have to put up with my fumbling until I get my feet wet :)

2. I went through the first 7 pages of this thread and I didn't see any references to mages and the difficulties therein. Can you point me to the right spot? Was it in the recruitment thread perhaps?

@Adrian - Morpheus was soooo last year. Daedalus is next gen baby!

Also, can I get opinions on the rigger character from everyone? Does the group need/want a rigger badly? I'll start working one up just in case :D

Karen Lynn
2013-01-09, 10:31 PM
It would be a boon to have a rigger in the party. And for fumbling around, this is my first caster of any sort since a bad experience with a 3e D&D sorcerer.

And please, the stuff of dreams, and the Aether that makes up all imagination is my playground. You have fun with your little maze and toys. :P

RandomLunatic
2013-01-09, 11:19 PM
2. I went through the first 7 pages of this thread and I didn't see any references to mages and the difficulties therein. Can you point me to the right spot? Was it in the recruitment thread perhaps?I have to agree-I do not remember any such warning either.

Also, can I get opinions on the rigger character from everyone? Does the group need/want a rigger badly? I'll start working one up just in case :D
Well, Rigger is the one specialty we are missing ATM. Though I have always been of the opinion that one should play what they enjoy, 'cuz the whole point is having fun. So whatever you want, man.

DaedalusK71
2013-01-10, 11:51 AM
It would be a boon to have a rigger in the party. And for fumbling around, this is my first caster of any sort since a bad experience with a 3e D&D sorcerer.

And please, the stuff of dreams, and the Aether that makes up all imagination is my playground. You have fun with your little maze and toys. :P

@Adrian - And what is a maze or a toy but imagination plucked from the Aether and made real? Why limit myself to just thinking about it when I (and others) can see it come to life? :D

Telasi
2013-01-10, 05:05 PM
Apologies, I've been a bit busy irl and haven't been on for several days. First things first, tasing ghouls.

Agility 6 + Firearms 4 + Smartlink 2: [roll0]
Agility 6 + Firearms 4 + Smartlink 2: [roll1]

Now that that's taken care of, I don't have any strenuous objections to Daedalus joining in. If you guys want him, let him play his mage.

Daravon_35
2013-01-10, 08:20 PM
:
I went through the first 7 pages of this thread and I didn't see any references to mages and the difficulties therein. Can you point me to the right spot? Was it in the recruitment thread perhaps?
D

Yeah sorry, it was in our other game's ooc thread. The game we played before migrating to mine.

It was basically this:

Regarding my game, just so everyone knows, you will all still be shadowrunners. You will not be Urban Brawlers. However if one of you wants to be an ex-Ubran Brawler that has turned to a life of shadowrunning, I'm fine with letting a character have that background.

This will be a shadowrun, involving Urban Brawl and a game of it. Beyond that you don't know how or what or why until you take the mission. Also despite magic not having a place in Urban Brawl, this run will have a place for it if someone decides to go that route. Although I'd probably advise against a team of full shaman/mages. Really plan to play a shadowrunner and just know the run will have to do with Urban Brawl. I wanted to allow yo to pick which mission sounded more fun and also so you all could know more about the game/rules of Urban Brawl beforehand. I will be changing them some and before the run starts I will write up a list of all the rules/ideas I'll be using for it. Also to the best of my ability I will be using the old 2nd edition lingo. I'll put up the dictionary list they provide in the 2nd edition for people unfamiliar with the words/phrases. Feel free to join in and have your character talk that way as well but if it's not your thing, then just ignore it and roleplay your character like you would for 4th (this current game). It's mainly to add flavor/fun. Plus I always liked it and wanted to include it in a game I play, so now's my chance.

Otherwise the game will be 4th edition game world and rules, with a little 2nd edition flavor/flare added in. Although no emoti-toys. I just never liked the idea of hardcore shadowrunners having digi-pets. I think anything else goes though.

(Sorry for the long ramble, but figured since people were talking/thinking about character ideas, I'd let you know the world idea/base and the one thing I won't allow.) The game will take place in Seattle, using the surrounding districts like Everett, Tacoma, Redmond Barrens, etc.

Also I may not allow day jobs unless you can really give me a huge explanation or tie it into your backstory as to why the character has it. Most tend to use it as free points and it never becomes a downside, so I'm leery about it. So if you can give me a concrete reason to have it, give it to me.

Also play what you want, I'm 100% fine with having 2 mages. It really is about your fun and enjoyment first.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-10, 08:45 PM
Regeneration Test:
Bod(2)+Mag(6)
[roll0]

Can't heal magically induced damage(weapon foci, combat spell, etc.) I assume this restriction is also applied to Drain?

RandomLunatic
2013-01-10, 08:47 PM
I would assume so.

Also, you missed two dice.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-10, 08:50 PM
Oh, bother.

[roll0]

I hate it when buying hits is more successful.

Ah well. Once every combat turn. Inevitably, all but my point of drain will regen. Just stun damage anyways.

DaedalusK71
2013-01-10, 08:52 PM
Yeah sorry, it was in our other game's ooc thread. The game we played before migrating to mine.

It was basically this:

Regarding my game, just so everyone knows, you will all still be shadowrunners. You will not be Urban Brawlers. However if one of you wants to be an ex-Ubran Brawler that has turned to a life of shadowrunning, I'm fine with letting a character have that background.

This will be a shadowrun, involving Urban Brawl and a game of it. Beyond that you don't know how or what or why until you take the mission. Also despite magic not having a place in Urban Brawl, this run will have a place for it if someone decides to go that route. Although I'd probably advise against a team of full shaman/mages. Really plan to play a shadowrunner and just know the run will have to do with Urban Brawl. I wanted to allow yo to pick which mission sounded more fun and also so you all could know more about the game/rules of Urban Brawl beforehand. I will be changing them some and before the run starts I will write up a list of all the rules/ideas I'll be using for it. Also to the best of my ability I will be using the old 2nd edition lingo. I'll put up the dictionary list they provide in the 2nd edition for people unfamiliar with the words/phrases. Feel free to join in and have your character talk that way as well but if it's not your thing, then just ignore it and roleplay your character like you would for 4th (this current game). It's mainly to add flavor/fun. Plus I always liked it and wanted to include it in a game I play, so now's my chance.

Otherwise the game will be 4th edition game world and rules, with a little 2nd edition flavor/flare added in. Although no emoti-toys. I just never liked the idea of hardcore shadowrunners having digi-pets. I think anything else goes though.

(Sorry for the long ramble, but figured since people were talking/thinking about character ideas, I'd let you know the world idea/base and the one thing I won't allow.) The game will take place in Seattle, using the surrounding districts like Everett, Tacoma, Redmond Barrens, etc.

Also I may not allow day jobs unless you can really give me a huge explanation or tie it into your backstory as to why the character has it. Most tend to use it as free points and it never becomes a downside, so I'm leery about it. So if you can give me a concrete reason to have it, give it to me.

Also play what you want, I'm 100% fine with having 2 mages. It really is about your fun and enjoyment first.

I get that. It is rather difficult to make use of it and not mess up the flow of the game. I changed out Day job and computer illiterate for extravagant eyes and unusual hair. He's kind of creepy looking now ;)

Karen Lynn
2013-01-10, 08:54 PM
Whoo~ Creeper- wait... that's not right... :P

Karen Lynn
2013-01-12, 06:57 PM
@Daedalus: Wrong thread.

DaedalusK71
2013-01-12, 07:03 PM
OK, so here is my official character submission. I am also working on a rigger... you know, just in case. The shadows are a tough place...

Enjoy:

== Info ==
Street Name: Neimand
Name: Isidor Baumgaertner

Movement: 8/20, Swim: 4
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Public Awareness: 0
Dwarf (Gnome (25BP) M Age 23
Height .82m Weight 36kg
Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 7
Lift/Carry: 6 (45 kg/30 kg)
Memory: 10
Nuyen: 550

== Attributes (180BP & 50BP) ==

BOD: 3
AGI: 4
REA: 3
STR: 3
CHA: 3
INT: 4
LOG: 5
WIL: 5
EDG: 2
MAG: 5

== Derived Attributes ==

Essence: 6
Initiative: 7
IP: 1
Astral Initiative: 8
Astral IP: 3
Matrix Initiative: 6
Matrix IP: 1
Physical Damage Track: 8
Stun Damage Track: 11

== Active Skills (112BP)==

*Sorcery Group 4
*Conjuring Group 3
Arcana : 1 [Spell Design] Pool: 6 (8)
Assensing : 1 Pool: 5
Astral Combat : 1 Pool: 6
Banishing : 3 Pool: 8
Binding : 3 Pool: 8
Blades : 1 [Knives] Pool: 5 (7)
Con : 1 Pool: 4
Counterspelling : 4 Pool: 9
Dodge : 1 Pool: 4
Etiquette : 1 Pool: 4
Pilot Ground Craft : 1 Pool: 4
Ritual Spellcasting : 4 Pool: 9
Spellcasting : 4 Pool: 9
Summoning : 3 Pool: 8
Unarmed Combat : 1 [Martial Arts] Pool: 5 (7)

== Knowledge Skills (27) ==

Area Knowledge: Chicago : 1 Pool: 5
Area Knowledge: Denver : 1 Pool: 5
Area Knowledge: Seattle : 1 Pool: 5
Business : 1 Pool: 6
Combat Tactics : 1 [Magic] Pool: 6 (8)
Combat Tactics : 1 [Anti-Magic] Pool: 6 (8)
English : N Pool: 0
German : 2 Pool: 6
Japanese : 1 Pool: 5
Magic Traditions : 3 Pool: 8
Magical Theory : 4 Pool: 9
Magical Threats : 4 Pool: 9
Or'zet : 1 Pool: 5
Security Companies : 1 Pool: 6
Sioux : 1 Pool: 5
Spanish : 1 Pool: 5
Sperethiel : 1 Pool: 5

== Contacts (2BP)==

Florian Meyer (1 (5), 4) [enemy-10]
Lyle (1, 1)

== Qualities (P: 35BP: N: 25BP)==

Arcane Arrester
Astral Chameleon
Dependent (Nuisance)
Distinctive Style
Erased (24 Hours)
Extravagant Eyes
Lost Loved One (Mother)
Magician
Neoteny
Thermographic Vision
Unusual Hair
Vendetta

== Spells (24BP)==

(Tradition: Hermetic, Resist Drain with WIL + LOG (10))
Armor DV: (F÷2)+3
Heal DV: (Damage Value)-2
Increase Reflexes DV: (F÷2)+2
Levitate DV: (F÷2)+1
Manabolt DV: (F÷2)
Physical Mask DV: (F÷2)+1
Stunbolt DV: (F÷2)-1
Trid Phantasm DV: (F÷2)+3

== Gear (5BP) ==

== Lifestyles ==
Low 1 months

== Armor ==
Actioneer Business Clothes 5/3 (Standard equipped)
Bike Racing Armor 4/7
Bike Racing Helmet 1/2
+Flare Compensation
+Image Link

== Weapons ==

Ceramic Knife
+Metahuman Customization
Pool: 5 (7) DV: 3P AP: - RC: 0
Ceramic Knife
+Metahuman Customization
Cougar Fineblade Knife, Short
+Metahuman Customization
Pool: 5 (7) DV: 3P AP: -1 RC: 0
Cougar Fineblade Knife, Short
+Metahuman Customization
Pool: 5 (7) DV: 3P AP: -1 RC: 0
Knife
+Metahuman Customization
Knife
+Metahuman Customization
Streetline Special
+Metahuman Customization
Pool: 3 DV: 4P AP: - RC: 0
Unarmed Attack
Pool: 5 DV: 2S AP: - RC: 0

== Martial Arts (2BP)==
Krav Maga
Focus Will

== Commlink ==
Disposable Commlink (1, 0, 0, 3) x2
Sony Emperor (2, 3, 2, 3)
+Mangadyne Deva

== Gear ==
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Holdouts) x30
Binoculars, Optical
Disposable Commlink OS x2
DocWagon Contract: Basic
Fake License (Cougar Fineblade Knife, Short) Rating 4 x2
Mage Sight Goggles
Magical Lodge Materials Rating 4
Spirit Binding Materials Rating 3 x2
Stealth Rope (100 m)
Subvocal Microphone

== Vehicles ==
Suzuki Mirage (Racing Bike)
+Metahuman Adjustment
+Vehicle Sensor

== Description ==

Tall for his race, Neimand still stands less than a meter tall. An athletic build, he still looks like a seven year-old child to the eyes of 'big folk'. Were it not for his heavy beard and mustache, the likely would. Typically dressed in business casual, Neimand avoids the traditional habit of mages in marking his clothing with sigils and other overtly mage identifying material. He is striking in that up close he looks nothing so much like a scaled version of a Norwegian viking.

== Background ==

It is said that some people were just born into the wrong family. That it could be said of Isidor Baumgaertner would be an understatement. Isidor was born to Jungen and Mädchen Baumgaertner in a gnomish enclave in the hills near Wels, Austria. The village had been founded soon after metahumans began appearing around the globe. Originally founded as a refuge for metahumans to escape persecution, ‘Zuflucht’ gradually became almost exclusively home to awakened gnomes. While the enclave does trade with Wels, magical services for hard to get items, it is done so only by the elders and only when necessary.
Things even started well. Isidor was born a twin, a sign of good fortune. Early on, it was clear that both Isidor and Horst had significant magical talents. By the age of 15, Horst was apprenticed to the Guild of the Ent where he could develop his abilities as a physical adept. Isidor, however, it wasn’t quite so cut and dried. Initially, Isidor was placed with Kai, one of the enclave’s shamans. Isidor made little progress and even after a year, had not found a totem or spirit guide; each attempt ending in failure. These frustrations were magnified by Isidor’s constant need to know ‘why’. Why do spirits get to pick? What are they? Where do they come from? How do you control the spirit? What happens if you use salt instead of gypsum for the rite? Why, how, when, if, what, where,…

It seemed as though Isidor would be forever an apprentice when something remarkable happened. While shirking his morning chores, Isidor was hiking high in the hills near the enclave when the ground suddenly shuddered and rose up. Thrown clear, Isidor watched as the ground rose and took on the shape of a giant man. In its fist was a hunk of gold the size of Isidor’s head. Paying no attention to the gnome, the creature lumbered off to the North. Curious beyond belief, Isidor followed, studying the creature intently as it moved.

The creature suddenly stopped and simply stood there, waiting. Looking around, Isidor noticed a large man in strange clothing standing there, watching. “Can I help you?” he said. Isidor, curiosity warring with isolationist upbringing, paused, unwilling to speak. The man shifted his head and spoke reassuringly. “It won’t harm you, I assure you. IF that is what you are afraid of. It is a construct, nothing more; an elemental servant. I see you are of the shamanic tradition by your dress, so you should be familiar with the concept, if by another name.” Isidor shook his head, clearing his mind. “Who are you and why are you here? Who gave you the right to take?” The man smiled and raised his hands in peace. “Who am I? I am Rudiger Fassbinder, Third order mage of ZetaDyne and a member of the research staff based in Thale. My company purchased mineral rights to this area three years ago. I am simply gathering materials for my work.” “Purchased from whom? We would never have sold our land!” barked Isidor. “You are a liar and a thief!” Shifting his stand and his gaze, Isidor calmed himself as he had been taught. If ever I needed help great spirit, it would be now…He began a low chant and could feel the energy of the spirits approaching. Rudiger, quite shocked at Isidor’s course of action, cocked his head and said “Child, you are ill equipped for this. You are clearly not ready. Calm down and let’s get you back to your home.” Isidor barely heard it… he was in the zone, that still quite place where his master had taught him to be. The spirit approached and drifted next to Isidor. “You have called and I have answered young one… what is your desire?” Isidor smiled and wiped the sweat dripping from his brow. “He is a thief. He has taken from the land. Stop him!” The spirit began moving toward Rudiger who stood calmly. “Child, I admire your grit but you have much to learn.” His eyes narrowed and the spirit stopped. Isidor shifted his gaze to ‘other world’ and saw energies pouring from the man and into the spirit. Isidor watched in fascination as it happened. Transfixed, he watched as the energies took on structure and patterns. It made sense. It all made sense. He reached out to the spirit and began weaving structure of his own, strengthening the spirit’s pattern and feeding it some of his own. “That’s the spirit!” Rudiger laughed. “Pay attention to the lower harmonics… Those can be tricky…” Isidor, infuriated, ignored his taunt and kept feeding energy to his spirit. Suddenly, the spirit shuddered once and dissolved into a cloud of leaves and dirt. “Aww… I told you. Those lower harmonics may not seem like much but with each increase in power, their effects expand exponentially.” Isidor cast about for something, anything to throw at the man when his eyes stopped on the earth elemental. Rudiger stopped smiling. “I know what you are thinking but that isn’t some little conjured spirit. That is a grade 4 earth elemental. You are NOT ready to handle that. They are dangerous enough under control. You go sawing at it like you did that spirit and we’ll both be in a heap of trouble. “It’s settled then…” Isidor said and reached out for the elemental. He never saw Rudiger raise his hand.

Isidor awoke on a hard metal surface with a pounding headache. “Relax, stunbolts have a nasty hangover.” Rudiger said. “Relax.” He said as Isidor bolted upright. “I only stunned you to keep you from going after the elemental. It would have turned out badly. You’ve got balls though kid… I’ll give you that. Maybe in a few years we’ll have another go.” With every minor move sending shoots of pain through his skull, Isidor looked at the man. “Can you show me?” he said. “Show you what?” replied Rudiger. “How you do magic…” Rudiger looked around uncomfortably. “Ah.. I don’t know if that’s a good idea. We really should be getting you back to your family.”

This really marked the beginning of the end as Isidor’s parents saw it. From that day on, Isidor learned from Master Kai during the day but every waking moment outside of that was spent experimenting in the woods and sneaking into Wels to purchase books on hermeticism. It just made sense to him. Order was the basis for the universe and if one could learn its laws, one could use them to his advantage.

18 is the age of decision, the time when young men and women take their place in the enclave. It is also the last time Isidor saw his home. He tried to tell them. He tried to explain. But they would not hear. ‘Traitor’, ‘Deserter’, ‘heartbreaker’… ‘Outcast’, ‘banished’, … ‘alone’

After wandering for a few days, Isidor contacted the only person he thought he could turn to. He searched for and found Rudiger who reluctantly agreed to put Isidor up for a while. Days turned into weeks and eventually Isidor was granted a position as Rudiger’s assistant. Many of ZetaDyne’s mages came to see Isidor, the gnome mage. In time, the novelty faded and work continued. It would be another 3 years before Isidor would discover ‘Black Forrest’ a secret program whereby ZetaDyne brokers the storage of toxic waste in caves carved out for that purpose beneath the mountains and forests of Wels. Betrayed by his mentor, Isidor stole the documents and ran. Hoping to stop what was happening. He went home but no one would even look at him despite his pleas.

In desperation, Isidor went to the forest to try and find the caves. His brother catches up to him and they talk. Only it is interrupted by a team of mercs with orders to kill Isidor anyone with him. A short battle and Horst is terribly wounded. Isidor carries Horst back to their enclave only to find it has been attacked. Fearing the worst, Isidor takes his brother to a local hospital where he is treated. Shortly after there are reports that Isidor was responsible for the attack on the enclave and decides to take his brother and run. And he has been running ever since.
Next stop, Seattle…

== Concept ==

A man without a home, Neimand is seeking revenge against those who assaulted and defiled his place of birth. Slow to make friends, slow to anger, Neimand is methodical and ruthless to those standing in his way. To those he calls friends, Neimand is generous and willing to give all in their defense.

DaedalusK71
2013-01-12, 07:05 PM
Thanks Adrian

BudgetDM
2013-01-13, 06:05 PM
Sorry, are we still in intitative or not?

Karen Lynn
2013-01-13, 06:07 PM
I assume not, as the ghouls are all downed.

Daravon_35
2013-01-13, 11:10 PM
Sorry, are we still in intitative or not?

The fight is over, so you are all out of initiative.

BudgetDM
2013-01-15, 01:53 AM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14530936&postcount=163), for the record, was a legitimate mistake on my part.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-15, 10:58 AM
Heh heh heh. :)

Daravon_35
2013-01-16, 12:47 AM
Yeah if you want to execute unconscious things, that's fine.

Daravon_35
2013-01-16, 08:53 PM
Rhyno
Sorry I forgot to mention, you saw Scarlet run past you down the alley away from the fight as you ran. Let me know if you stopped to talk to her or not please.

Daravon_35
2013-01-16, 08:56 PM
Daedalus
Let me look over your character quick (ie. by this weekend) and let me know when/if you want to submit the rigger. Either way we'll get you in the game by this weekend since everyone voted yes. Welcome to the game, I hope you have a fun time and enjoy it! :smallsmile:

Karen Lynn
2013-01-16, 11:12 PM
Yeah if you want to execute unconscious things, that's fine.

That makes me sound decidedly evil... *executes a bunny rabbit*

BudgetDM
2013-01-17, 10:49 PM
Rhyno
Sorry I forgot to mention, you saw Scarlet run past you down the alley away from the fight as you ran. Let me know if you stopped to talk to her or not please.

Stopping would be the logical thing to do, but it wouldn't be what Rhyno would do.

Telasi
2013-01-21, 01:47 PM
Please tell me Kit had a silencer on her gun.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-21, 01:50 PM
Huh... I knew I forgot something...

Telasi
2013-01-21, 01:52 PM
Oh, great. Well, time to get scarce before somebody reports the gunfire to Knight Errant. Probably better not to be around for that.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-21, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry. I'm used to my paintball gun dosed with DMSO and random drugs. If I bought one, I forgot to put it on my sheet.

Telasi
2013-01-21, 02:34 PM
I'm not actually upset, just pointing out that unsilenced gunfire tends to draw attention we, as 'runners, don't want. At least you only shot ghouls, so odds are there won't be any real effort put into the investigation.

RandomLunatic
2013-01-21, 04:30 PM
Yeah, probably best to clear out. I suspect just strolling into a bar after shots fired out back, with bits of ghoul on some of us, is A Bad Idea.

Does Mick know of a bar some distance away he can propose relocating to for victory drinks?

Karen Lynn
2013-01-21, 04:46 PM
Well, better stop Kit. She's gone to wash up. :)

Daravon_35
2013-01-22, 08:55 PM
RandomLunatic

You know of a couple:

The Terror Pit:
Located in Renton, a mage bar

Mon Hing Restaurant and Bar
Also in Renton. You only know it by name, because someone mentioned it to you once, although you forget what they said.

DaedalusK71
2013-01-24, 05:40 PM
Just checking in... I'm still here :)

Telasi
2013-01-24, 05:41 PM
Oh, god. The Mon Hing? It's a cop hangout. Yay.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-24, 05:42 PM
Heh heh heh. Good thing I'm washing up first.

Telasi
2013-01-24, 05:44 PM
Crap, forgot to roll to see if I could come up with something else.

Intuition 3 + Seattle Clubs 1: [roll0]

Edit: Clearly, this is not my day to succeed at writing. :smallredface:

RandomLunatic
2013-01-24, 06:59 PM
Oh, god. The Mon Hing? It's a cop hangout. Yay.

Oops.

Well, who would be dumb enough to kill a bunch of people and then show up at a cop bar? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefugeInAudacity)

Telasi
2013-01-24, 07:07 PM
Okay, well, technically in the 2070s it's a disgruntled ex-cop hangout. Given we're talking ex-Lone Star, that's probably worse for our purposes.

Also, that fourth d6 I shoulda rolled: [roll0]

Daravon_35
2013-01-24, 09:30 PM
Just checking in... I'm still here :)

Once the run starts Daedalus we'll get you in the game. Also if you want to put your char info into a mythweaver's sheet for me that'd be awesome. I looked it over and it looks good by the way, although I know I'm late on saying that.

Also remember a lot of my lore/splat books are from 2nd edition, so some of my game play data is a little out dated, but you are right, Mon Hing is def a cop hang out and with a success of 1, no one knows that it is...... :smallbiggrin:

BudgetDM
2013-01-25, 10:43 PM
"Uhg, why does the name Mon Hing ring a bell?"

Also remember a lot of my lore/splat books are from 2nd edition, so some of my game play data is a little out dated, but you are right, Mon Hing is def a cop hang out and with a success of 1, no one knows that it is...... :smallbiggrin:

Rhyno doesn't know either, but he's getting it mixed up with a bar he went to in São Paulo during his corp days.:smalltongue:

Daravon_35
2013-01-27, 10:52 PM
Any more talking or want me to take you all to Mon Hing?

RandomLunatic
2013-01-28, 12:19 AM
I am ready to move along here.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-28, 05:53 PM
Ready, Eddy!

Daravon_35
2013-01-29, 06:04 PM
Ok, sorry before I update I just need to know who's heading where since it seems people are going to different places or at least perhaps different routes/stops.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-29, 06:19 PM
Headed to nearest stuffer shack to wash, then to Mon Hing.

RandomLunatic
2013-01-29, 08:10 PM
Mick was just going to hop in the car and set the autopilot for the Mon Hing.

On the way over, he was going to astral project, head back to the alley, and start erasing astral fingerprints, and then head back his meat body.

BudgetDM
2013-01-30, 12:29 AM
Rhyno's plan is to head straight to Mon Hing via auto-piloted motorcycle, but it's finally getting through his head that he's being a jerk to Topaz[1], so he's going to be careful not to ditch her, so if she heads off somewhere, he's going to tag along.

[1]Which is totally deliberate roleplaying on my part and not just me being an idiot.

Daravon_35
2013-02-01, 10:36 PM
Alright not 100% sure where Damian's going, so I'm going to assume he goes to the Mon Hing unless someone says otherwise.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-01, 10:54 PM
Well, its not like Kit can lie for crap.

RandomLunatic
2013-02-01, 11:08 PM
I can see Mick's warning left a lasting impression...

Karen Lynn
2013-02-01, 11:10 PM
Warning? What warning? :thog:

Telasi
2013-02-02, 03:05 AM
This is a terrible idea, but I'll roll with it. At worst, it's a story.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-02, 05:13 AM
This is a terrible idea, but I'll roll with it. At worst, it's a story.

"How the team got wiped before even getting the mission."

Has a nice ring to it, I think. :D

Daravon_35
2013-02-09, 04:06 PM
Sorry was waiting to see if you all were going to talk more or if Telasi was going to post. Post up to move things along. Intro is almost over and we'll soon be into the run itself which should pick things up again.

Telasi
2013-02-09, 04:22 PM
Midterms started up here at school. That, and I'm not sure what to say/do here.

RandomLunatic
2013-02-09, 04:55 PM
"Are you nuts?" would not be out of place.:smalltongue:

Karen Lynn
2013-02-09, 04:56 PM
Trying to make him think I'm a ghoul hunter without actually out and out saying it.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-14, 04:35 PM
*pokepoke+

Daravon_35
2013-02-15, 09:42 PM
Feel free to make any last posts for the pre-adventure (assuming you all are done with it). Tomorrow the first post of the run will be up and we'll continue on in earnest with that. Also we'll then get DaedalusK71 into the game.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-15, 09:54 PM
Yay! It lives!

RandomLunatic
2013-02-15, 11:09 PM
Mick will look over Kit when she arrives to make sure she did not miss a spot.

3 INT + 1 Perception + 2 Active Search
[roll0]

Daravon_35
2013-02-16, 11:15 AM
As far as Mick can tell Kit looks clean.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-16, 01:00 PM
Geez. Being accosted by my own team mates. :P

RandomLunatic
2013-02-16, 03:37 PM
I only do it because I care.:smallwink:

Karen Lynn
2013-02-16, 03:49 PM
Yeah yeah. Looking forward to the run.

Also: found the rough equalent to the Mon Hing in Fresno, CA. Brooks Ranch. I've seen 18 cops in the four hours I've been here.

Daravon_35
2013-02-16, 04:25 PM
Any last posts? Waiting for yay or nay. If nay, first run post coming up tonight.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-16, 04:27 PM
I'll say nay.

"And fun was had by all." :P

RandomLunatic
2013-02-16, 04:43 PM
I think I can come up with something.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-16, 04:47 PM
Oh? I'm just saying nay because it seems like no one else wants to say anything.

Telasi
2013-02-16, 04:59 PM
Personally, I've got nothing.

Daravon_35
2013-02-17, 09:33 PM
Budget do you have a char sheet on mythweavers or anywhere by chance or just the one on the front page? If it's just the one on the front page I'll prob make it into a myth-weaver just so I can track it easier.

Daedalus, Lyle's now a fixer or a fixer type of contact since he was unlisted, heads up.

Any questions or if I missed anything let me know, more post to come up later tonight or tomorrow, depending.

DaedalusK71
2013-02-17, 09:45 PM
@Daravon - That's cool, he was meant to be a fixer anyway

DaedalusK71
2013-02-18, 11:10 AM
Summoning F6 Earth Elemental

Summoning Roll
[roll0]

Elemental Resistance Roll
[roll1]

Drain Resistance Test
[roll2]

Daravon_35
2013-02-18, 05:37 PM
Neimand

OOC: With a 1 contact and 1 loyalty, that's all you'll get from Lyle.

Also it's Neimand for your char name yes? At the top of the myth-weaver it's Niemand, why I had it wrong in the IC if that's the case. I'm seeing everywhere else it's Neimand though, so I'm assuming that's the correct spelling.

For the data search on Grand Attraction I need a Data Search roll.
For noticing security, can you also give a perception roll. And for the results of the astral stuff, I have to wait to see what the other's are doing.

Also if you summoned the elemental anytime before you got up, he'll be gone since it lasts till sunrise/sunset, which both will have happened or will have happened by the time you meet the Johnson. Sunrise is probably 5:39am, sunset is prob 8:05pm or 20:05pm. So if you want to summon him, he'll you'll have to rearrange your actions. Unless you bound him, but then that gives him forcex2 to resist and that takes 6 hours.

Telasi
2013-02-18, 05:53 PM
Looking for the data. I suspect I shan't need all of these, but just in case...
Logic 6 + Data Search 2: [roll0]
Logic 6 + Data Search 2: [roll1]
Logic 6 + Data Search 2: [roll2]
Logic 6 + Data Search 2: [roll3]
Logic 6 + Data Search 2: [roll4]
Logic 6 + Data Search 2: [roll5]
Logic 6 + Data Search 2: [roll6]
Logic 6 + Data Search 2: [roll7]

Analyzing the node.
Logic 6 + Computer 2: [roll8]

DaedalusK71
2013-02-18, 06:14 PM
My bad; It is spelled Niemand.

Data Search Roll
[roll0]

I'll adjust my actions so the ritual is completed at 2015 and go straight to the meet. editing done

RandomLunatic
2013-02-19, 01:25 AM
Looking up stuff on the Grand Attraction

5 Logic - 1 untrained (I still cannot believe operating 2070s Google requires special training)
[roll0]

Also, as a heads up, my grandfather died today, so if my responses are delayed, that would be why,

BudgetDM
2013-02-21, 02:06 AM
Crap, life got real crazy for a bit. I'm back and catching up.

Edit:

Budget do you have a char sheet on mythweavers or anywhere by chance or just the one on the front page? If it's just the one on the front page I'll prob make it into a myth-weaver just so I can track it easier.

Not in Mythweavers, I'll add it.

Edit part 2:
Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=520932) is where it will be. Should be done by tomorrow.

I'm changed somethings around so I'll be getting notifications in a more, well, noticeable fashion.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-23, 12:55 PM
*pokes the game with a stick*

Daravon_35
2013-02-24, 10:35 PM
Damian

After a couple of hours of looking you find the following info on the Grand Attaction:

It's located in Everett at 52nd Avenue West & 168th Street SW.
The current manager is Mitch Stiffarm.
There's talk on the shadownet about a bias against Elves there and that the owners of the place were once a group of Shadowrunners themselves.

It is one of the newer Novahot places in Seattle, featuring either up and coming bands on their way to stardom or already super star rockers.

You also find the following floor plan:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/GrandAttraction_zpsb41e3567.jpg

As for the analyze, what questions do you want answered for your hits (as per page 228 of the 4th ed anniversary ed.) or are you just wanting a general response to how the network looks? It looks like a decently defended network.

Mick

After a quick search you find the following info on the Grand Attaction:

Niemand

After a quick search you find the following info on the Grand Attaction:

RandomLunatic
2013-02-25, 01:03 AM
OK, I am back from the funeral.

Any chance I can just buy a hit for a bit more info about the Grand Attraction? Like the dress code?

Daravon_35
2013-02-25, 01:06 AM
It's a night club, so whatever is in style with nightclubs, especially popular ones.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-25, 01:10 AM
Figure we could continue the lunch meeting in OoC, and move on with the club bit in IC.

BudgetDM
2013-02-25, 01:27 AM
By the way, I'm okay with you just jumping ahead because I'm so far behind.

Daravon_35
2013-02-25, 01:51 AM
By the way, I'm okay with you just jumping ahead because I'm so far behind.

Eh, you're not further behind then the rest. So far Niemand's ahead is all and you'll all catch up soon enough.

Daravon_35
2013-03-02, 11:12 PM
I know Budget and Random are kind of busy. Is the slow down because of that, or are some waiting for others to catch up or did I lose some people with some slower updates?

Karen Lynn
2013-03-02, 11:13 PM
Still here, I just forgot to post my IC earlier.

Telasi
2013-03-03, 04:31 PM
I plead spring break; just got back to school this afternoon.

To answer the question, I'd like System, Firewall, hidden node accesses, and any running programs in that order of priority.

Daravon_35
2013-03-11, 12:39 AM
Damian

Sorry Had this written up earlier this week waiting for the others to post an d then forgot. Here it is:

System: 3
Firewall: 3
Can't find any hidden access points.

So what's up? I'd rather not have the game die, but waiting for people to post. If I can I'll speed things along if I have to. Just trying to check up on things to make sure this doesn't get lost. Let me know when you can. Thanks.

RandomLunatic
2013-03-11, 11:17 PM
Oh hey, a new post. MY subscription failed to alert me.

Karen Lynn
2013-03-11, 11:44 PM
Heh heh heh. I was wondering what took ya.

Telasi
2013-03-11, 11:57 PM
Now that I know about the matrix info, IC update has been posted.

BudgetDM
2013-03-13, 02:27 AM
I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out. I haven't been able to keep up and I don't see that getting any better in the future. It's been a blast.

Karen Lynn
2013-03-13, 03:51 AM
Awww.... :<

Daravon_35
2013-03-13, 08:19 PM
Understandable Budget. I hate to see you go, but completely get it. RL > Internet. I just want you to know if you find some free time and this is still going, you are always more then welcome to jump back in. We'll always have a spot for you. I'll even write you up a brief run down to help you catch up.

Also thanks for DMing your runs for us again. I really enjoyed it.

RandomLunatic
2013-03-20, 11:43 PM
Running long jump, 3 Agility - 1 default. 2 Dice, for maximum glitching probability.:smalleek:

[roll0]

Mick needs to get to the gym more often...

Karen Lynn
2013-03-20, 11:45 PM
Of course, you had to mention glitching... :smalleek:

RandomLunatic
2013-03-20, 11:56 PM
It coulda been critical...

Karen Lynn
2013-03-21, 12:08 AM
Heheh...
*rolls two ones*
*Mick breaks his leg*

RandomLunatic
2013-03-21, 12:13 AM
Getting put in the hospital before the first meeting with the Johnson would probably be some kind of record...

Telasi
2013-03-31, 01:08 AM
Just so people don't think I've disappeared entirely, I'm holding off posting for a bit while Karen and Budget have their talk in order to avoid getting even farther ahead.

Karen Lynn
2013-03-31, 01:18 AM
Ok. Makes sense. Sorry we're taking so long.

Telasi
2013-03-31, 01:22 AM
It helps that I have no idea what to do. :smallbiggrin:

In all seriousness, you're roleplaying, and that's what the game's really about. Don't rush yourselves just because of me. It's interesting reading even if I'm not an active participant.

Daravon_35
2013-03-31, 04:04 PM
I appreciate the update Telasi. I was kind of worried I might have lost you as well. I was feeling the same way about Karen and Budget. I know they're behind others at the moment, but they're roleplaying which is what the game is about and what I want. So I won't and don't want to rush them. Thanks for understanding.

Also it seems we may have lost DaedalusK71. I'm going to contact him and see if he's still in or not. He got to the club within his first post, although he put in so much else into it as well, I had to chop up the response.

If he is out, are you all fine with doing this with just the three of you, with a slim chance of Budget coming back or should I look for 1-2 more to join you all? It's still early on, so I can bring them in on the meeting of the run to get them in.

Karen Lynn
2013-03-31, 04:08 PM
I'm good either way, and always here. I'm on the forums at least a dozen times a day(total understatement)... >.<

Daedalus seemed really into playing, so I would like to see if he's still up for playing...

I'd like for Budget to always be welcome, but I'm not sure if he's coming back...

I don't mind short manning the team, but Rhyno is no more... (sad)

Let's go with additions, then?

Telasi
2013-03-31, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty much cool with whatever as far as continuing the run goes. If you want more, not a problem, nor will I complain if we want to continue with just the three PCs still around. What's the worst that can happen?

My IRL SR4 game is pretty heavy on the RPing outside of missions, too, so it'd be very hypocritical of me to criticize the same practice here when I encourage it in my game. Besides, it's entertaining even without participating directly. Don't worry about losing me; unless the game dies completely, I'll still be around.

RandomLunatic
2013-03-31, 04:49 PM
I am fine with 3 as well.

And I do apologize for holding the game up. Karen has just done a good job of really throwing me a loop.:smallredface:

Karen Lynn
2013-03-31, 04:54 PM
And I do apologize for holding the game up. Karen has just done a good job of really throwing me a loop.:smallredface:

You're welcome!

Also, I'm sorry if changing my user name caused any confusion. >.<

RandomLunatic
2013-03-31, 05:00 PM
No, it is not the name change, it is IC events I am not quite sure how to respond to. And I bet it shows.:smallyuk:

Karen Lynn
2013-03-31, 05:06 PM
Be direct! :P She doesn't get that she misused the phrase. :3

Daravon_35
2013-04-03, 08:57 PM
I sent Daedalus a pm, but haven't heard anything back yet. Look at his other games it looks like he's actually pretty busy and we may not have lost him, he just got busy.

As Karen and Random to to get closer to the meet, we'll figure out what to do. I'd probably like at least 1 more player if we can get'em.

Telasi
2013-04-03, 09:08 PM
Righto, sounds like a plan.

Karen Lynn
2013-04-03, 09:45 PM
Sounds good. Just waiting on Random.

RandomLunatic
2013-04-05, 11:02 PM
And I will be casting an F3 Levitate on myself so I can let my self down gently and not splatter all over the sidewalk. Since we are out of combat and Mick is doing it on purpose (and thus knows its coming), I am hoping I can just buy hits, which gives me 3 hits on the Spellcasting test and all drain soaked.

Daravon_35
2013-04-05, 11:52 PM
And I will be casting an F3 Levitate on myself so I can let my self down gently and not splatter all over the sidewalk. Since we are out of combat and Mick is doing it on purpose (and thus knows its coming), I am hoping I can just buy hits, which gives me 3 hits on the Spellcasting test and all drain soaked.

Oh yeah out of combat, roleplaying casting, bought hits allowed. Mick's good.

RandomLunatic
2013-04-06, 03:06 PM
Right, I am going to buy hits again, because it is a watcher spirit, and I only need it for an hour. And then I send it off to check out the astral space around the Main Attraction.

Karen Lynn
2013-04-06, 04:52 PM
Awww... You should've made it sound less like she needs to hunt you down and more like she could trust you. With no more Rhyno, Kit will be sad and in need of a friend. :P

RandomLunatic
2013-04-06, 05:15 PM
He is trying not to pressure her. After all, that is how you do it with wild animals-act nonthreatening and let them come to you.:smallwink:

Karen Lynn
2013-04-06, 05:43 PM
It's working.

Daravon_35
2013-04-13, 09:47 PM
Alright no response from Daedalus so far. I'm assuming if he has free time he'l come back. As of right now I'll prob put up a recruiting post to get 1-2 more people to join, assuming they're ok with a slower paced game.

RandomLunatic
2013-04-13, 10:10 PM
Alrighty then. I was wondering what was taking so long.

Karen Lynn
2013-04-13, 10:12 PM
Yay~ let's hope for a good to replacement of Rhyno.

Daravon_35
2013-04-14, 07:59 PM
Ok, so rerecruitment thread is up. Random already found it and it looks like we already have two people interested in joining. Hopefully they'll get chars created and sheets up and we can get them in the game as soon as possible

Thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280233). In case any of you also want to keep an eye on it.

Telasi
2013-04-15, 01:24 AM
Shiny. Hopefully that turns out okay.

Karen Lynn
2013-04-29, 12:14 AM
Yay It's Back Up!

Sinpoder
2013-05-01, 11:58 AM
Alright... so... lets get this done.. i guess

Daravon_35
2013-05-03, 08:24 PM
Woo! Without further ado we get back to the game. I'll get ghost in as soon as his char is up.

Sin is it ok if I call your char "Red" for their streetname or does your char only ever go by Michael? And without a vehicle you'll either be relying on the other chars or public transport or walking, just a heads up. Also! I almost forgot. I need to know where Sin lives.

Choose from the below please, anywhere you see middle:

Downtown Seattle: Luxury, High, Street
Renraku Arcology: Middle, High, Luxury
Aztechnology Complex: Middle, High, Luxury
Council Island: Middle, High, Luxury (Almost need to be Ameri-indian)
Bellevue: High, Luxury, Street
Tacoma: Low, Middle, High, Luxury
Everett: Squatters, Low, Middle, High, Street
Renton: Low, Middle, High, Street
Auburn: Squatters, Low, Middle, Street
Snohomish: Low, Middle
Fort Lewis: Low, Middle
Redmond: Squatters, Low, Street
Puyallup: Squatters, Low, Street

Anything that doesn't have street listed means it probably either patrolled by Lone Star, corp security or some other special interest group. If a place doesn't allow squatters, it's because their housing doesn't allow it easily enough.

Telasi
2013-05-03, 10:26 PM
Still here, just checking in. Continuing to wait until folks catch up to Damian.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-03, 11:58 PM
Well, I am ready for the meet.

Karen Lynn
2013-05-04, 01:16 AM
*lurks about, placing a trail of cupcakes*

Daravon_35
2013-05-05, 11:54 PM
I'm assuming you both arrive 30 minutes early. If you stated a time and want to arrive earlier or later let me know and I'll edit my IC posts for you.

Karen Lynn
2013-05-06, 01:27 AM
I originally thought I said an hour, but a half hour is just as fine.

I just feel bad for Kit, though... A night club can't be good when you have enhanced senses...

Daravon_35
2013-05-06, 04:02 PM
Alright... so... lets get this done.. i guess

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254331&page=8

Bah so sorry. Should star bottom of page 8 for you. You can of course read previous pages.

Sinpoder
2013-05-06, 05:21 PM
Woo! Without further ado we get back to the game. I'll get ghost in as soon as his char is up.

Sin is it ok if I call your char "Red" for their streetname or does your char only ever go by Michael? And without a vehicle you'll either be relying on the other chars or public transport or walking, just a heads up. Also! I almost forgot. I need to know where Sin lives.

Choose from the below please, anywhere you see middle:

Downtown Seattle: Luxury, High, Street
Renraku Arcology: Middle, High, Luxury
Aztechnology Complex: Middle, High, Luxury
Council Island: Middle, High, Luxury (Almost need to be Ameri-indian)
Bellevue: High, Luxury, Street
Tacoma: Low, Middle, High, Luxury
Everett: Squatters, Low, Middle, High, Street
Renton: Low, Middle, High, Street
Auburn: Squatters, Low, Middle, Street
Snohomish: Low, Middle
Fort Lewis: Low, Middle
Redmond: Squatters, Low, Street
Puyallup: Squatters, Low, Street

Anything that doesn't have street listed means it probably either patrolled by Lone Star, corp security or some other special interest group. If a place doesn't allow squatters, it's because their housing doesn't allow it easily enough.

I am going to live in Bellevue and Red is totally fine.. as my background is most likely well known, not that I keep it a secret it would be very typical of people to use the color of the armor that was basically my skin as my name. I am also going to buy a bike... Suzuki Mirage...

Sinpoder
2013-05-08, 10:03 PM
Perception: Skill 4 + Reaction 8 = 12
[roll0]

Daravon_35
2013-05-08, 11:03 PM
I am going to live in Bellevue and Red is totally fine.. as my background is most likely well known, not that I keep it a secret it would be very typical of people to use the color of the armor that was basically my skin as my name. I am also going to buy a bike... Suzuki Mirage...

You only have medium wealth listed as your lifestyle, so you can't live in Bellevue unless you're opting to live on the street, since Bellevue is otherwise only high or luxury.

Perception: Skill 4 + Reaction 8 = 12
[roll0]

Perception is Skill + Intuition, which I see you have 3 of meaning you have a total of 7. I won't make you reroll, but I'll only be counting the first 7 rolls starting from left to right. Meaning you have: 5 hits.

Sinpoder
2013-05-08, 11:53 PM
Renraku Arcology then

RandomLunatic
2013-05-09, 12:47 AM
Do any of the girls that messaged me fit into the category of "attractive"? I have a half-hour to kill, after all...

Also, now that half of the party's favored approach to problems is to get up in its face and punch it, my choice of Stunball is looking a great deal less clever. Could I please switch it out for stunbolt so every encounter does not devolve into a geometry exercise?

Daravon_35
2013-05-09, 01:05 AM
Do any of the girls that messaged me fit into the category of "attractive"? I have a half-hour to kill, after all...

Also, now that half of the party's favored approach to problems is to get up in its face and punch it, my choice of Stunball is looking a great deal less clever. Could I please switch it out for stunbolt so every encounter does not devolve into a geometry exercise?

Yeah switching to stunbolt is fine.

Jessica - Blonde hair, blue eye, some chrome showing.
Sierra - Red hair and red eyes, no visible chrome.
Francine - Lots of chrome, brunette with green eyes.

All are fairly attractive.

Telasi
2013-05-09, 01:17 AM
When I decided to play a sammie, I never expected to be trying to fast-talk a bartender to find out where the frag the Johnson is because my contact can't give helpful details. Yet, here I am...

Con 4 + Charisma 4 + Tailored Pheromones 2: [roll0]
I suspect the +1 bonus for subject distracted applies: [roll1]
And on the chance the barkeep knows of anything that supports my story, like, say, an actual blue-haired girl with a room reserved (up to +2 for evidence): [roll2]

Daravon_35
2013-05-09, 01:27 AM
When I decided to play a sammie, I never expected to be trying to fast-talk a bartender to find out where the frag the Johnson is because my contact can't give helpful details. Yet, here I am...

Con 4 + Charisma 4 + Tailored Pheromones 2: [roll0]
I suspect the +1 bonus for subject distracted applies: [roll1]
And on the chance the barkeep knows of anything that supports my story, like, say, an actual blue-haired girl with a room reserved (up to +2 for evidence): [roll2]

Hahaha that's half the fun though right? If you makes you feel better someone else got told to find a jazzed up girl with a nice smile... in a packed club.

Telasi
2013-05-09, 01:31 AM
It is. I'm just hoping that this plan isn't completely stupid. Plan C is hacking the place in hopes of getting the same information from the security cameras...

Sinpoder
2013-05-09, 03:49 PM
When I decided to play a sammie??

What is a sammie?

RandomLunatic
2013-05-09, 05:41 PM
"Sammie" is a shortened form of "Street Samurai", which is itself a catch-all term for any form of cybered-up physical fighter.

Telasi
2013-05-09, 07:55 PM
Aff, what Random said.

Sinpoder
2013-05-09, 10:30 PM
I see... well then I guess I could be considering a sammie as well.... but I might be alittle worse then most... <.< considering...

Karen Lynn
2013-05-09, 11:09 PM
I think you and I would have fun with motorcycle races. :3

Is yours red as well?

Sinpoder
2013-05-09, 11:17 PM

What do you mean by that :smallfurious: *runs up and punches Random in the face*

No sorry, it is black but my name is Red :)

Though the sad part is I am pretty sure that if I punch someone in the face they will explode into a million pieces....

Sinpoder
2013-05-12, 09:26 PM
Tish Ambrosia and Maria Mercurial..... Are either of these people have blue hair?

RandomLunatic
2013-05-12, 10:19 PM
Dude, where's my car update?:smallconfused:

Sinpoder
2013-05-13, 09:09 AM
Charisma 3, 1 Distracted, 2 Evidence, +Misc for bribing

[roll0]

Well... lets see if this ends well.... otherwise Red is just going to have to go upstairs and go though the rooms until he finds someone like this.

Karen Lynn
2013-05-13, 03:38 PM
Dude, where's my car update?:smallconfused:

Dude, where's your post? :smallbiggrin:

Sinpoder
2013-05-15, 12:05 PM
>.> So... what is going on guys...

Karen Lynn
2013-05-15, 09:39 PM
Daravon did say it'd be a slow game. Also, think we're waiting on other person.

Sinpoder
2013-05-15, 10:04 PM
O..... ok.... well.... that is fine i guess.... I thought this would be alittle faster but I digress

Karen Lynn
2013-05-15, 10:15 PM
I still check both threads daily. Sometimes I forget to respond[real life], sometimes I'm stumped and wait for things to happen.

Daravon_35
2013-05-16, 05:09 PM
Yeah was waiting for either Telasi or Random to respond. I try to do the responses all at once to make it easier to keep pace.

Sinpoder
2013-05-16, 05:15 PM
I can understand that easily... I just thought it was the 3 or 4 of us... because lets be honest... with me and the other Sammie.. we can take out a small army :smallbiggrin:

Karen Lynn
2013-05-16, 06:03 PM
With you two as my distraction, I won't have to fight anyone. :3 Gotta kill'em if I do. :P

RandomLunatic
2013-05-16, 10:31 PM
Sorry... I just do not have an awful lot to work with here...

One thing I do have is points Pop Music as a knowledge skill, which I am totally going to roll on our singers here.
3 INT + 1 Pop Music
[roll0]

Sinpoder
2013-05-17, 06:11 PM
With you two as my distraction, I won't have to fight anyone. :3 Gotta kill'em if I do. :P

>.> <.< I think you could be the distraction.. considering if i flick someone I am sure that I can do close to a 45 Mag hitting you in the chest...

Daravon_35
2013-05-20, 08:43 PM
Sorry had family in town all weekend so was distracted hosting and spending time with them. IC post is now up, enjoy!

Daravon_35
2013-05-22, 04:36 PM
Heads up, I'll be out of town from Friday evening to Sunday evening. Also did the updates not spark people's notifications or are we waiting on Random/Mick to catch up?

Karen Lynn
2013-05-22, 04:53 PM
I'm waiting on someone to post. Anyone. I'm a reactive RPer. Give me something to react to! Grr! :smallbiggrin: I'm certain Red could make a comment or Damian. Worst case, I'll post in a few, mostly just thoughts and internal dialogue. >.<

RandomLunatic
2013-05-22, 07:55 PM
So rolling to get the barkeep to spill the beans.

4 CHA + 4 Con + 2 Mentor Spirit + ? Circumstance mods

[roll0]

EDIT: Wow, if that does not work, I have no idea what will.

Telasi
2013-05-23, 01:47 AM
Your wish is my command. Have a prompt. :smallsmile:

RandomLunatic
2013-06-01, 01:39 PM
And here is my Assensing roll on Reva.

4 Assensing + 3 INT + 3 Active Look
[roll0]

RandomLunatic
2013-06-01, 04:32 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I am going to toss in a memory test to see if Mick can remember any sort of news involving the Screamers recently.

LOG 5 + INT 3
[roll0]

Daravon_35
2013-06-03, 06:55 PM
Mick

Assensing results:
General state: Healthy
Emotional state: Anxious
Mundane
Essence: Low, prob sub 1. Please don't make me do the math.
Magic: 0

Cyberware/Bioware: Commlink, Cybereyes, Cyberears, Synaptic Booster, Orthoskin, Muscle Aug and Toner, Tailored Pheromones. (Most alpha)

Recent News you recall:
The Seattle Screamers won their Urban Brawl game last night against the New York Slashers 5-4, despite taking heavy losses. All but Star player Josh Fairboy were injured or worse when New York Slasher's player Tony Grasbor went on a killing spree. Urban Brawl officials are saying the vest Tony was wearing must have malfunctioned from taking an errant bullet to the processor, disabling the kill switch. Urban Officials are taking a look at all vests to make sure another incident like this doesn't happen again.

RandomLunatic
2013-06-04, 10:30 PM
4 CHA + 2 Negotiation

[roll0]

(Hopefully, this will just be used to help Damien's much larger pool.)

Daravon_35
2013-06-07, 03:52 PM
Been waiting to see if anyone else is posting before Reva responds.

Sinpoder
2013-06-07, 04:27 PM
Red would rather avoid going into a place where is under the gaze of alot of people if he could help it.... Considering what he is known for, which is basically being able to take shotgun blasts to the chest without any real problem and then punching a tank with more force then an anti-tank missle....

The second he gets into that field, he will simply does what he has to... which does include punching someone with enough force to break a tank.... which I doubt they will survive if they can't survive bullets...