PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 4e: Screaming Nightmare (OOC)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Daravon_35
2013-06-08, 01:35 PM
Waiting to see if Damian want to post a negotiation roll, because right now with 2 hits, you'll get crushed in negotiations. If Telasi doesn't post by tomorrow night i'll make the roll for them and we'll move from there.

Also Sin does Red not want to do the run or is he wanting to just do it differently? Also people do die/get injured during matches, so that's not an issue.

Telasi
2013-06-08, 03:07 PM
Negotiation 4 + Charisma 4 + Tailored Pheromones 2 + Assistance 2 + Edge 2: [roll0]

Rule of 6 dice as needed, left to right in order: [roll1]

Telasi
2013-06-08, 03:10 PM
Ever get the sense the dice are trying to kill you? That was an Edged roll with twice the pool, and I got the exact same number of hits as Random, and that only thanks to Rule of 6...

'Course, I hadn't really been planning on negotiating, was just doing it now to cover our collective asses after Mick decided to demand double and change and committed us. At that point, I figured that I might as well go for broke because if we're going to haggle, asking a lot more means she might concede some of the more reasonable asks.

RandomLunatic
2013-06-08, 03:33 PM
Y'know, when I slashed my Negotiation skill back in chargen, I was expecting Damien's better pool to cover us. Looks like I made a poor choice in hindsight.:smalltongue:

That was my basic strategy-open high, and hope the give-and-take comes out somewhere closer to what I expected.

Karen Lynn
2013-06-10, 12:45 AM
Sorry, guys! >.< new job took a machete to my free time! Things are almost stable now.

RandomLunatic
2013-06-10, 01:07 PM
I just had a thought-does anybody know if the helmets used by urban brawlers cover the face? If not, then appearing on a (inter)nationally broadcast sporting event is really not a good career move for a Shadowrunner.

Telasi
2013-06-10, 02:35 PM
Don't know, but I agree on that count. I've been thinking about how we could get around that issue.

There is always walking away from the 'run. It's a legit option, even if GMs tend not to like it much.

RandomLunatic
2013-06-10, 02:46 PM
Well, theoretically, it should be easy if we throw money at it.

The problem is the face mask and nanopaste disguises in the Core Book are literally broken in the sense of "they do not work as written", since both add their Rating to disguise tests, but neither piece of equipment has a rating!

Daravon_35
2013-06-12, 04:43 PM
If you all are worried you can always direct your concerns at Reva. She's probably had a longer time to think about this stuff. Also if you do walk I technically have another run lined up, it's just more normal type for shadowrun. IC incoming later tonight.

RandomLunatic
2013-06-13, 11:12 PM
What are we waiting besides Reva's counter-counteroffer?

Daravon_35
2013-06-14, 12:12 AM
Honestly, me not to be so busy. Sorry this week has been awful for my time management. IC post is up. Assuming you all accept the offer there's a little more to the meeting as detail and specifics are discussed, more questions can be asked and then we'll continue on to the juicy stuff!

Sinpoder
2013-06-21, 11:56 PM
Sorry for not being here... I had to deal with some real life issues such as the death of a major family member along with the breaking up of a long term girlfriend. I will try to be more active if I can.

Karen Lynn
2013-06-22, 11:23 AM
It's understandable, Sin. Life trumps game.

Daravon_35
2013-06-22, 12:03 PM
Yeah, no worries Sin, real life always > games. Also I'm sorry to hear things are going that way for you. Hopefully things will get better. This is thing about my slower game is you didn't miss much and it definitely lends to slower pace for the players as well. Also if you do disappear and come back, that's fine as well, just gives me a heads up when you come back and I can always work it in. All my players are welcome back.

Sinpoder
2013-06-22, 08:40 PM
Well... I am able to come back now.. I am now able to focus more on what needs to be done with Red and what he needs to do... so..

RandomLunatic
2013-06-25, 07:55 PM
I have been giving a great deal of thought to what weaponry to bring to the game, should it get that far, and I had an idea.

Shields, at least Riot Shields, have stats for use in melee. Does that make them legitimate choices for a Brawler's melee weapon?

Daravon_35
2013-06-27, 08:07 PM
For riot shields, since it also counts as armor, that wouldn't be allowed, sorry.

Also earlier this week I had someone (TheMightyQuinn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=68994)) who was following our game compliment all of us on a fantastic read, as well as a great job on keeping the game going. We talked a little and I figured since we never had Ghost (the guy that was going to make the rigger) join, I'd offer him his slot, since we could still use a rigger, plus a 5th wouldn't be bad. I did inform him I'd have to ask you all though as you are the players.

He offered me links on some of his writing in other games and he's fine with the pace already. He's also caught up story wise. Here's links to his other games as examples, as well as his char sheet so far and even his background for his chars.

I have to say from what I've seen, it looks great and I think he'd not only be a good player but a great addition to the group, but in the end I want this to again be a group decision. So let me know what you think and feel. As for getting him in the game, he'd probably be introduced as a Urban Brawl player friend of Josh/Reva's, so wouldn't be hard or take any time to do.

To note, the sheet is still a work in progress, but looks mainly done. I have to crunch the numbers and have asked him for some clarification on the skills.

Oh and his name: TheMightyQuinn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=68994)

As for the compliment, you all deserve it as much as I do, if not more, for keeping this game going and sticking with it. Again I appreciate it and hope you're all having a lot of fun. I know I am. You're really an awesome group of players.

Compliment:

Hoi -

I figured it couldn't hurt to say hello - I've been reading your shadowrun game for a while, and thought I'd compliment you - 1, it's an interesting read, and 2 - it's almost a year old now, which is freaking amazing for this site.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the fun read!

Quinn

Info:

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=597480

Backgrounds:

Primary:

He sat facing the mirror, staring at the stranger that looked back at him. He recognized the eyes - those were his, but the rest wasn't him. It had been three months since he'd gone under the knife, and he still wasn't used to the face that looked back at him, but it was time to start looking for work. Correction. It was time to keep looking for work. No one was returning his calls. How many messages had he sent his contacts? Dozens at least. It was pretty obvious by this point that they weren't going to return his calls, and his cash was running short. He'd saved up enough to keep up with the payments... or so he'd thought.
Three months of no work, and he didn't even have enough to pay rent - forget about paying off the organleggers.

The organleggers. How did he get himself into this mess? All to fit in.
Staring at the face in the mirror a moment more, he lashes a hand out at it and smashes through the mirror and wall behind it - the plasticrete crumbling under the force.
"Need to get your head straight, or those leggers will take it off - after pulling all your innards out."
He pauses and looks down at his hand - he could feel the residual pressure from the punch, but he wasn't sure if it'd done any damage. Hadn't torn through the glove at least.
"Well. That might not be as bad as they would think it'd be, but still not going to be pleasant. I didn't go through that hell just to roll over."

Grabbing his coat, he leaves the little rathole apartment and doesn't even bother to lock the door. Nothing in there to keep safe anyway. Time to hit a few brawler bars and start some trouble - best way to get noticed is to take out a made man, after all.

Born in the sprawl, Lug was lucky - well, as lucky as you can get when you're down and out and your moms a working girl. He was lucky because he was born big - even for a troll, and through a freak genetic expression, he was pretty - for a troll at least. He started working collections for some small-time pushers at a young age, and made a name for being able to collect from even reluctant debtors.
As he got a bit older, he started moving up the ladder, and got involved in driving, and found his passion in life. If it had wheels, he wanted to go fast in it. It didn't take him long to catch the notice of some of the rougher members of the ork underground, and they decided to put him to work - running guns, drugs and anything else they could make a profit on. It was the beginning of the end for Lug.

While working for Grog, Lug had his first meeting with Tanamous - they were shady and unpleasant, but they delivered what they promised on, and they stuck to a deal. They offered to get him set up with a steady bit of work running packages for them on, as long as he didn't care what they might be. They even offered to set him up with his first bit of 'ware - a control rig that would give him the edge that would make him unparralelled. That was when he started having dreams - dreams of making it big. He could work, make cash, and eventually get the 'ware he would need to become an urban brawl star. All he needed was the work - and Tanamous had plenty.

The next few years were a blur - driving, shooting, living fast and chasing his dream down, but every door to the world of brawling kept slamming shut. He saved every last nuyen he made, working towards some high-quality 'ware, but no team would take him. He wasn't the hulking, brutal troll they needed. They didn't know who he was. He hadn't made a name. The position was filled. The excuses kept coming. Finally, he was offered an opportunity by his Tanamous contact - they'd lend him the cred to get a fresh start and give him the 'ware he needed to really shine in the Zone, he'd just have to pay them back.
He might not stand out among the trolls, but he would as a human player - he'd be a meteoric success. He'd have money, fame, women - and all they wanted was their cred and some favors.

How do you say no to a deal like that?

Secondary:

Seattle. Supposed to be a free city. Supposed to be a place where you go to get a fresh start. They say that it's the new 'land of opportunity' for those willing to work hard and all that drek. Nico knew better. Seattle wasn't any different than the hundreds of other sprawls worldwide. It was the same plasticrete hellhole. The same urban jungle, if you will, and absolutely the same food chain.

Nico grew up here in one of the many urban development areas. That's what they call the slums that the city tries its best to maintain basic services to. He was lucky enough to grow up with a good group of orcs - they hassled him for being a breeder, but they knew he was hard as good old fashioned steel when it came down to it. They'd run around, cause trouble. Eventually, it turned into a little gang. Looking back at it, it was more for their own protection than anything else. Numbers mean a lot when it the decision on whether someone is prey or not comes around.

It was pretty easy, when it came down to it. You were either bigger, stronger, or better than the next predator down the line, or you wound up dead on some organleggers table. Nico knew this firsthand. It was a lesson he learned all too well. He was one of the lucky ones though. He knew the doc. Good man, if a bit of a wine-o. Steady hands and razor-sharp skills, and luckily for NIco, enough spare parts sitting around to peice him together. For a price.

They took a job with a Johnson they'd never worked with before. Simple kidnapping and ransom. It was supposed to be their break into the bigtime. The whole deal should have set their hair standing on end. Especially the part where the money was too good to say no to. It was a hard lesson to learn. The girls father had the connections to hire a Real team, and by the time the dust cleared, there was nothing left of their little group. Nobody was about to miss a piss-ant little gang. Nico wasn't there when it went down though. He'd been the first they caught. They'd wanted intel, and had cut him to several peices to try and get it.

It wasn't until then that he knew who he really was. He'd always played tough, but never known himself how strong he was. By the end of it, he'd taken all they had, and hadn't made a sound. He wouldn't give them the satisfaction. So they'd tossed him out the back of their van, and ran him over a few times for good measure. Should've put a 'round in his brainpan. Sloppy to assume they'd finished him, but his saving grace was probably that they were running short on time. He'd stalled them long enough to ruin their plans. It would have been satisfying at the time if he hadn't been so very near dying.

He'd crawled all the way to the Docs place. When he paced it later, it was only a couple blocks, though it had felt like it took an eternity. Doc was a good guy - they had helped him out a few times with some Yak problems. What came after that was a blur, but Henri told him later he'd crashed out more than once during the whole deal.

After the dust settled, he found out that whoever the runners were, they'd wiped out all his chummers and saved the girl. A chromed woman. Beautiful. She'd been the one asking the questions. She was cold as ice. Never a hint of remorse. Muscle had been something... else. Looking it up later, he learned the guy was called a minotaur. Greak Troll. Go figure. He'd probably be the easiest to track down. Last teammate was a human. He was going to be harder to find, but the other two would lead him there. In time.

For now, he had debts to pay. To the doc. And to Tal. She'd put some work his way since then. All he had to do was make the right connections. The right friends, and he'd find them. All a matter of time.

Examples:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281746

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288586

Telasi
2013-06-27, 08:14 PM
Another player is fine by me, though I'd like to bump up the payout accordingly, since I'd have argued that way had I known about it when negotiating.

It'll be nice to have someone else with computer skills; Damian is a fairly narrowly focused hacker. I've also never seen a rigger who wasn't really handy to have around.

Daravon_35
2013-06-27, 08:19 PM
Yeah, don't worry, another player entering won't effect the deal or amount you're each individually getting. In fact his deal is "separate", although probably identical, so it's fair to all the players.

Also the roster will probably come tomorrow for the new and old players of the Screamers. I didn't forget, just a heads up!

Karen Lynn
2013-06-27, 08:25 PM
I'm cool with it! More meat! :3

Telasi
2013-06-27, 08:32 PM
Apologies if I'm getting too intensive with the detail questioning on this one. I'm trying to find security vulnerabilities we can exploit to give ourselves an ace in the hole when things go south. The most important one is how comm interdiction is handled.

Also, for reference, what types of armor qualify as light/medium/heavy for the Brawl rules?

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-27, 09:00 PM
Hey there!

I figured I'd introduce myself, say hello, hola, hoi - whatever have you.

I've got the two character ideas, and both are going to be consummate riggers, Dead-man (character 2) is going to be more of a hacker, and I'm thinking of building him to be something of a face. I think 12 dice is about all I'll do though for negotiations

If you guys have any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer them.

Karen Lynn
2013-06-27, 09:08 PM
Does anyone gave access to/ability to get the teamwork program? Forgot what it was called.Having that on our 'links, with IFF for our placement, may be useful.

Daravon_35
2013-06-27, 09:08 PM
No worries, ask all the questions you need. Trust me, I knew they'd be a lot.

You know they don't actually say for Urban Brawl besides what I put, nor do either the 1st or 2nd edition rule book categorize those.. (except heavy), so..
Although this is probably because none of the gear from the sourcebooks is the actual armor they wear as it's all custom. So...

Light:
4B/3I

Medium:
6B/4I

Heavy:
Fully body armor type B/I => 10/8

Is what you'll be looking at for armor values. After all people like death games for a reason!

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-27, 09:09 PM
Tacsoft programs? Yeah - I was planning on using them in tandem with my drones anyways -

You need a certain number of sensor systems feeding into them though.

Karen Lynn
2013-06-27, 09:16 PM
Tacsoft programs? Yeah - I was planning on using them in tandem with my drones anyways -

You need a certain number of sensor systems feeding into them though.

Tacsoft! Yes! You need a minimum of three unique sensor locations. So, any number of visual, auditory, {insert scan type}, and a minimum of three. I'm sure it'd be no problem for Kit to have the camera and mic patched in from her commlink. Then you, and at least one drone.

Getting thermal or night vision(if applicable, though I doubt.) would also count as unique feeds, if I remember the faq correctly. Would others have issues being patched into a tacsoft network?

... TacSoftNet... Sounds silly. :P

Daravon_35
2013-06-27, 09:19 PM
If any of Reva's answers aren't good enough, let me know and I can elaborate.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-27, 09:20 PM
I don't think they would, and I'm willing to be the team already uses tacsoft networks to get their information to one another.

I'll read up thoroughly on them tonight while I'm riding the train.

Karen Lynn
2013-06-27, 09:25 PM
I don't think they would, and I'm willing to be the team already uses tacsoft networks to get their information to one another.

I'll read up thoroughly on them tonight while I'm riding the train.

Fair enough. I'm looking for them myself. Forgot which book. Were they core or unwired? Arsenal, maybe?

All that I said so far was pulled from memory, so take it with a bucket o' salt.

Telasi
2013-06-27, 09:25 PM
TacSofts are useful, yeah. I've just never seen a team actually use one for two reasons.

1) That require coordination in getting the things.
2) It's a massive Matrix security risk.

Karen Lynn
2013-06-27, 09:30 PM
I was hoping to use them as Tech_Rat on our previous run. Thought it'd be beneficial. I'll admit, I've always wanted to use the Tacsoft in every game, especially when you have characters that aren't too averse to using force. I know they're a leak risk, but I guess that's balanced out against the advantages. What were they.... *still looking*

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-27, 09:31 PM
I'm fairly sure they're in Unwired - p. 124

And Matrix security isn't so bad - I think between the lot of us, we can manage something about it.

Telasi
2013-06-27, 09:45 PM
Hey, Quinn, your guy will be a decent programmer and tech guy, right? I think I just came up with a job for you...

RandomLunatic
2013-06-27, 09:49 PM
Geez, I go to see the new Star Trek movie and look what happens...

I have no problem with a a new player, though I wish I knew what half the stuff on his sheet meant. Or what the heck this "tacsoft" stuff is.:smallannoyed:
Apologies if I'm getting too intensive with the detail questioning on this one. I'm trying to find security vulnerabilities we can exploit to give ourselves an ace in the hole when things go south. The most important one is how comm interdiction is handled.Geez man, leave the lady some plausible deniability, would you?:smalltongue:

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-28, 12:06 AM
Geez, I go to see the new Star Trek movie and look what happens...

I have no problem with a a new player, though I wish I knew what half the stuff on his sheet meant. Or what the heck this "tacsoft" stuff is.
:

Well, if you have questions, by all means, ask away - I'm more than happy to explain any of it. Was the movie good?

And Tacsoft - is basically a piece of software that takes a variety of sensor feeds, from audio, visual, ultrasound - you name it, and uses it to try and give all of the characters in the tactical network an advantage by providing real-time data feeds, line of fire projections, enemy movements and possible courses of action.

Basically, it translates into a bonus to certain actions as determined by the dm, but there are some pretty general guidelines in the book.
It can provide anywhere from a +1 to a +4 bonus on anything from close combat, to shadowing and infiltration tests, to indirect fire. It can be pretty outstanding if used properly.

Edit:

Hey, Quinn, your guy will be a decent programmer and tech guy, right? I think I just came up with a job for you...

Oh? Please, do tell - I'm happy to help however I can. If you're just talking about matrix security, I have a few suggestions that could make things a bit more secure.

If you're just talking about people hacking our system, having the team all slaved to a single commlink is usually the best. You use dynamic encryption on our signals (have the main commlink running an IC that uses encrypt to help safeguard communications against eavesdropping) - this is just a temporary fix, to slow down a hack attempt, but every little bit helps. The big one is strong encryption on the main commlink - basically, you spend a set amount of time setting up the encryption (in this case, 2 hours) and it takes that long to hack into the main node for our communications - which means if they want to hack into the controlling commlink, they've got to spend 2 hours breaking the encryption, and by then, the game will be over.

How does that sound?

Telasi
2013-06-28, 12:15 AM
Into Darkness is an okay movie. It has a few issues if you're a diehard Trekkie, but it's thoroughly enjoyable despite that. Like the 2009 movie, it's a bit more action-oriented than the TOS movies generally were, but it does at least make (in my mind, at least) a legitimate effort to make the characters more than flat action heroes.

As for the tech thing, I was thinking the plan I hatched over in IC to kludge an IR transmitter out of a smartlink. Since you're a rigger, the comm shutdown is probably going to be a major issue for you, and Damian (my guy, the current best techie in the group) is decent at combat and talking, but only has a side order of Matrix skill. If you're going to be off the field, we need a way to get in touch with you through the jamming. If you're going to be on it, you need to be able to call your drones if necessary, so it seemed like a natural project to refer to you.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-28, 12:40 AM
As for the tech thing, I was thinking the plan I hatched over in IC to kludge an IR transmitter out of a smartlink. Since you're a rigger, the comm shutdown is probably going to be a major issue for you, and Damian (my guy, the current best techie in the group) is decent at combat and talking, but only has a side order of Matrix skill. If you're going to be off the field, we need a way to get in touch with you through the jamming. If you're going to be on it, you need to be able to call your drones if necessary, so it seemed like a natural project to refer to you.

Oh. Well, I'll probably be on the field, either way.

Only a side order of matrix skill. Hm. Well, between the two of us, I'm sure we'll be good. I hadn't ready your comment about the IR transmitter. I think it sounds like a solid plan.

I'll set that as priority 1 for my reading tonight, and I'll see what else I can come up with. That's what electronic warfare is all about, after all.
I'm fairly sure I've read something about temporary signal boosting... I just can't remember where. The idea is pretty much that if we're going to screw the pooch, we may as well just boost the signal to blast right over their jamming signals.

Like I said. I'll do some reading. good idea though! Thanks!

Edit:

Out of curiosity, has there been any ruling on software programming, cracking and patching?
I've never played with it much, but is there a cost for writing your own code? It seems like there should be for balance, but I honestly can't remember seeing it.
There's a cost for buying them, and I know upgrading response yourself costs 1/2 the next improvement cost.

Sinpoder
2013-06-28, 03:53 PM
I will agree with him joining..

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-28, 03:59 PM
Well, thanks! I appreciate it

Edit:
Progress!

I've been working on Dead Man, and for those of you with Astral sight, you'll know very shortly why he's called that. I can only imagine that he looks like something from a nightmare on the astral plane.

Image that is one of my new favorites.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/104/9/9/shadowrun_noir_by_jarow-d61r83d.jpg

Character Sheet -
I have the Bulid point breakdown at the bottom in the statistics block

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=599983

Daravon_35
2013-06-29, 10:21 AM
Sorry for the non fancy dialogue, just trying to get the info out there for you all.

Karen Lynn
2013-06-29, 11:01 PM
Are we going with the standard 'I shift forms, clothes fall off' or 'magic happens, gear not left behind'?

I'm cool either way, just want to know.

Sinpoder
2013-06-29, 11:04 PM
This could be very interesting for Red... >.> He will more or less, under the mask that I figured this chick will give us look like a troll.. and they will have NO idea what is going to happen when he joins the ring..

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-29, 11:20 PM
This could be very interesting for Red... >.> He will more or less, under the mask that I figured this chick will give us look like a troll.. and they will have NO idea what is going to happen when he joins the ring..

Well, that's one of the beautiful things about shadowrun - as completely B.A. as you get, there's always someone bigger, tougher, or just plain deadlier.

I'll be honest though, I'm quite curious to see just how much damage Red can do. By what I saw, it looks like he's going to be a very, very dangerous combatant. :smallbiggrin:

I'm impressed.

Edit: I just remembered. I haven't chosen an IC color, so I'll probably go with Indigo as long as no one objects.

Sinpoder
2013-06-29, 11:32 PM
Well.. to put this into prospective for you...

M79B1 LAW Rocket, the typical anti-vehicle weapon that is used by the military does a grand total of 12P worth of damage... Red does 11P worth of damage with his fist.....

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-29, 11:44 PM
Fair enough, but how much armor penetration does the pistol have?

I think it's right around 6, so it punches through hardened steel pretty well.

I'm not saying 11 is anything to laugh at - I'm saying he's going to be blasting through brick walls with his fists, but let's say there's a troll with... 9 strength. that's above average, so doable.
He's got... titanium bone lacing. there's +3, and let's say... muay tai. So with some hardliner gloves, he's at 11 too, the difference is, he's got upwards of 12 body to resist, and armor to boot - say, 1 natural and 1 cyber.

I'm not saying Red's not dangerous, I'm just saying one of the beautiful things about shadowrun is that there's always someone that can challenge you. I freaking LOVE that. I like that you can make a character as hardcore as you want, and you still have to work for what you get.

Like I said though - I'm impressed with Red, and that's saying something.

Sinpoder
2013-06-29, 11:48 PM
Of course... if you throw a couple of tanks infront of Red then he is sure to go down... but considering his current DR is... *checks really quick* somewhere in the 20+ range, and his fists work almost as well as a missle launcher, I think I will be in good shape against 'soft' targets... <.< Getting hit by Red is a quick way to shorten your life span... but of course Red is a one trick pony, he is a tank and he likes it that way. :smallbiggrin:

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-29, 11:51 PM
Well, I for one, will be more than happy to use him as cover, so thanks.

:smallbiggrin:

Sinpoder
2013-06-29, 11:52 PM
I am sure you are... >.> *your character uses Red as his personal shield*

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-29, 11:58 PM
Well, I've got to find cover somewhere. :smallwink:

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather not get shot. I'm allergic to bullets - I go into "holy crap I've been shot-shock" lol

RandomLunatic
2013-06-30, 12:02 AM
Well, why else would they call 'em "Meat shields"?:smallbiggrin:

Of course, the LAW has a slight edge in it has armor piercing, letting it do even more damage. Working against is the unfortunate fact that it has a 3-meter blast radius and a CEP of 6.72 meters, meanign you need 4 net hits in order to raise your chance of actually catching the target in the blast (and not full on, mind you) to slightly better than 50-50.

Karen Lynn
2013-06-30, 12:45 AM
Whereas I'm the ever chaotic generalist. I go on the idea of not being seen, or shot, or stabbed... I'm just going to run. And kill, if needed.

Daravon_35
2013-06-30, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, just a heads up, there's probably not going to be another post by my till either late tonight or tomorrow. Busy weekend for me where I'm only really near my computer when sleeping. Although I have been reading stuff inbetween and on my phone so I at least know what needs to be responded to.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-06-30, 11:45 AM
Sounds fine by me.

I'm just waiting for the final ok's on the character and an IC introduction, unless you just want to say that he's one of the guys sitting there already.

I'm just excited to get started. lol

Edit:
Might as well roll for starting cash -
[roll0]

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-02, 10:17 AM
Well, I know this is a double-post, but I figure it's the OOC chat, it's not going to hurt anyone, plus it's been a couple of days.

Anyways - have any of you heard about the new shadowrun game coming out this month? I've seen a little bit about it, but it looks pretty cool.

Shadowrun Returns? I think that's the name of it. It'll give you the option of designing your own stuff too, which looks promising

RandomLunatic
2013-07-02, 03:34 PM
Only extremely vaguely, I am afraid.

EDIT: @Quinn:
Again, you seem to be drawing heavily on books I do not have, so it makes it hard to audit your sheet.

But your Resonance looks off. You have lost 4.95 points of Essence, so your Resonance max drops by 5 points, so you can have no more than 1. And it is only that high if you sink the full 65 points into max Resonance, or else you burn out totally. And you only list 25 points spent on that stat, so that is not the case. Also, Technos have to learn all their computer skills separately for old-school software and for their living personas, which you do not seem to have. Since I can never make it more than 4 or 5 pages into the Matrix chapter at a time before having to take 2 aspirin and lie down for 15 minutes, I cannot tell if you have a cunning plan to get around that problem, but I thought you should know.

Telasi
2013-07-02, 04:13 PM
I backed Shadowrun Returns on Kickstarter when it was first announced, so I'm really looking forward to it. Slightly disappointed the backer download turns on the 24th but we still can't play until the 25th. The mission editor thing could either be really cool or really annoying, depending on how user-friendly it is.

Also, SR5 in 9 days. It's looking like a good month.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-02, 09:11 PM
Well, I was waiting on the Dm to rule on software coding, and the cost associated with it, so I only have his complex forms on there at the moment.

I have to do some refiguring - I realized I messed up with the cyberware, and the availability, so I'll make some changes, but his max resonance drops by say,5 (it will be less, since I have to drop the cyberskull) - he still gets the first point for free with the technomancer quality, and the second point was maxing his resonance out at 2.

It'll change though - I need to do it differently.

Edit: I've seen mention of SR5, but I haven't seen anything on it yet, and I haven't had the heart to start tearing through the quickstart rules. How does it look to you?

Edit 2 : Alright. I made some pretty big changes to his cyberware and had to cut out a bit of bioware, but his essence is an even 3, and with 1 level of initiation, he's got a decent resonance of four, so I'll be able to have some fun with sprites. I hear they're great for drones...

Daravon_35
2013-07-03, 07:08 PM
Hey guys, letting you know I'm still here. Sorry really busy week for me, so haven't had a lot of time. By the end of this meeting, we'll have Quinn introduced and the list of other players.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-03, 10:41 PM
Life gets crazy - no worries from me.

I'm just waiting to get tapped in.

Also, OOC, we might want to get a copy of the tacsoft the team is running - I'm willing to be they've got some nova-hot code, since it's such a useful utility.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-03, 11:03 PM
I will leave Tac software to the tech people.

Edit 2 : Alright. I made some pretty big changes to his cyberware and had to cut out a bit of bioware, but his essence is an even 3, and with 1 level of initiation, he's got a decent resonance of four, so I'll be able to have some fun with sprites. I hear they're great for drones...

Those three lost points would drop your Resonance by 3 points, which leaves you at 1. And I have no idea how you are getting Submersed straight out of chargen, since I do not see that anywhere.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-03, 11:13 PM
We must be looking at this differently

I thought cyberware reduced your max resonance, but let's say his max starts out at 6, drops by 3, he only needs to pay for 3 points - the first is free, the second is 10, the third is 25, as normal.

The submersion was something Daravon and I talked about - he agreed to let me take skinlink and resonance trodes at character creation, so my max resonance is 4 - 1 free, 2 is 10, 3 is 10, 4 is 25. for 45 points.

That's how I did my math, at least.

That's like saying a troll gets a -2 to charisma, so you put 45 points in charisma to raise it to 4, then the -2 takes effect, so you're left with 2 charisma.

Telasi
2013-07-03, 11:20 PM
Reduced Essence drops both your actual and maximum Resonance. If you have Resonance 1 and go to Essence 5, you now have 0 Resonance out of a maximum possible 5. This is how the rules work, per the book p. 67.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-03, 11:23 PM
Well, I've been doing it wrong, so I apologize.

I have a very simple solution - Latent technomancer.

He can awaken during play, and we'll go from there. I've got some points to reassign.

I do appreciate you clearing that up - I'm not ashamed to admit when I'm wrong.

Telasi
2013-07-03, 11:32 PM
Just to note, having ANY cyber on a latent technomancer is going to result in instant burnout when it triggers. You can technically buy it up thereafter, but it is in every mechanical way worse than just buying the full technomancer quality at chargen and biting the essence->resonance hit if you want to use cyberware. Personally, I'd drop one or the other unless you are absolutely dead set on the concept.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-03, 11:37 PM
Bugger.

Hmm.... Well, give me a night to think about this, and I'll get something worked out.

I'd really, really like to keep the concept, but my question is going to be how...

Alright. Well - I will be working tonight, and probably back by morning to see what I've come up with.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Karen Lynn
2013-07-03, 11:40 PM
Quinn, in my experiences, technomancers are best played with few, if any, augments. It detracts from your main stat, and is detrimental to most things stat wise. Flavor wise: do as you please.

Telasi
2013-07-03, 11:48 PM
To be fair, all magic/resonance-dependent character archetypes can benefit greatly from 1 essence worth of cyber/bio-ware if you choose it carefully and don't go over. Logic boosts are the big thing to take for logic-based mages and technomancers, while adepts love them some muscle toner/augmentations.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-03, 11:54 PM
Well, I'll be honest, I'm a bit stuck on the character concept, and I -really- think I can pull it off, but I'm going to do some number juggling.

The only way to stick with technomancer is to max out his resonance, right?
So, I need to clear up 75 points, plus submersion costs to stick with the 4 resonance.

I can do that.

Alright. I've made a whole bunch of changes, I dropped all his cyberware down to standard grade, which lowered his resonance to 2, 3 with 1 submersion, which the dm said he'd allow.

I know it seems like a big hit, but I think it'll work out - he can still compile and register 5 sprites, and with a 3 resonance, he can still get them up to force 6, which is awesome.

with the sprites, he'll be able to use machine sprites to optimize their tacnet system - which, assuming 2 hits (average) will give a +2 bonus to the tacnet, with the +1 for optimization on his commlink, that should bring tacnet bonuses from +4 to +7, which is pretty awesome.

On top of that, the sprites can be used to pilot drones the group might use, which prevents them from being spoofed, which is always a plus. Well, prevents them from being spoofed by a regular hacker at least.

His resonance can increase through play, and if I get enough cash to upgrade his cyber, it'll reduce the strain as well.

Thank you guys for your help though - I appreciate it.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-04, 12:39 AM
To be fair, all magic/resonance-dependent character archetypes can benefit greatly from 1 essence worth of cyber/bio-ware if you choose it carefully and don't go over. Logic boosts are the big thing to take for logic-based mages and technomancers, while adepts love them some muscle toner/augmentations.
Yeah, I actually have soem bioware I am looking at for Mick.

This might actually be a good opportunity to have the Johnson hook me up at reduced prices. Hmmm...

Well, I'll be honest, I'm a bit stuck on the character concept, and I -really- think I can pull it off, but I'm going to do some number juggling.

The only way to stick with technomancer is to max out his resonance, right?
So, I need to clear up 75 points, plus submersion costs to stick with the 4 resonance.

I can do that.
Well if you stay at 3 lost Essence to implants, you can get by with just buying 3 points for 30 BPs, and then letting the loss set you back at 1. But IDK what you could possibly do with 1 Resonance.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-04, 04:58 PM
Alright!

I got everything fixed up and the points moved around.

While I won't be able to pull an enemy into cyberspace and blast their brain with psychotropic black IC just yet, it's a good goal to shoot for.

I also realized last night that the Machine sprite Diagnosis power is rating x 2, with each hit giving a +1, so there's a good chance to get at least a +3-+4 on the tacnet, which should give us a fighting chance.

Daravon_35
2013-07-07, 04:41 PM
Alright I looked everything over on your current sheet Quinn and everything looks good unless I missed something. IC post incoming in a second and again sorry about the long reply for this and IC.

Telasi
2013-07-07, 04:48 PM
It's not really a huge deal. We're accustomed to and generally expect a slow and steady pace on this game.

Sinpoder
2013-07-07, 07:44 PM
This of course makes the game quite a bit longer and more stable then most other games that end in a week...

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-07, 10:45 PM
Agreed with both of the above.

No worries, and I'm glad everything was up to snuff

Karen Lynn
2013-07-08, 10:47 AM
Hmmm... Playing about in the training area could be fun...

Daravon_35
2013-07-09, 07:09 PM
Hey Random I forgot you guys were super concerned with anonymity, I was just trying to get in Quinn quick and easy. I'm actually retconning what Reva said to make it a little easier. I like things tough, I don't like things impossible. So feel free to edit Mick's response when able, thanks.

IC has been edited for Reva.

Note: I'll very rarerly if ever retconn something and only within a certain amount of time. I posted Reva's response to get Quinn in easy and didn't think it through till I saw Random's response. Sorry.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-10, 12:27 PM
Woo! I'll get a post in.

I don't think I've claimed a color yet, though that could be my sleep deprived brain just not remembering.

I'll go with... Dark Green, I guess. That'll work. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: I hope it's alright that I put a little description of what I think his aura would look like. She's dual natured, so I figure it might be important.

Telasi
2013-07-12, 12:16 AM
So the SR5 pdf came out today. I had a look, and it's not half bad. A few oddities, but pretty good overall. Decks are back, rigger control consoles are back. Revamped priority chargen is the default, and it actually works fairly well (unlike SR4 priority). Matrix rules in general seem much improved, and there are some interesting combat and magic tweaks too. Mystic adepts and technomancers are good now, seems like. My main complaint is the sometimes strange wireless gear rules; some of the bonuses for being online just plain don't make sense.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-12, 08:19 AM
Nifty - I'm going to have to give it a look.

Thanks for the heads up though - it's always nice to see feedback on a book before you go dropping money on it. I hate buying lemon systems.

Anyways. Next up: Shadowrun Returns! lol

Daravon_35
2013-07-16, 05:19 PM
Let me know if you all have any more questions for Reva or want any more info. If not I'll start to move things forward if people are ready.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-16, 05:31 PM
I think I'm good - just the question of how she plans to help keep us anonymous, but other than that, I'm ready to do some team-work planning and practice. lol

Telasi
2013-07-16, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty much good.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-16, 08:02 PM
Yeah, my work here is done.

Karen Lynn
2013-07-17, 10:45 AM
I'm good. Thanks, Quinn. That did add some flavor. Sorry everyone for being gone so long.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-17, 11:25 AM
I'm good. Thanks, Quinn. That did add some flavor. Sorry everyone for being gone so long.

Thanks? Ummm... you're welcome? Lol
Not sure why you're thanking me, but anytime I can help!

Karen Lynn
2013-07-17, 11:39 AM
Let's try this again.

Daravon: I'm good.

Quinn: thanks for the details on your aura, it was a nice touch.

Everyone: sorry for being gone so long.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-23, 12:13 PM
Sooooo..... how's everyone doing?

just kinda quiet, so I thought I'd check. I know the game is a bit slower paced, I just wanted to make sure everyone else was still around. :smallbiggrin:

Telasi
2013-07-23, 08:21 PM
I've been a bit distracted irl lately. I'm still around, though.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-23, 08:47 PM
Still here. I have just more-or-less accomplished all my goals for the scene.

Daravon_35
2013-07-23, 10:56 PM
Just waiting to see how people progress. The run starts now, so the next steps do count. I forgot Mick had sent the text, so that's up in IC now. Just waiting to see everyone else's next move.

Karen Lynn
2013-07-27, 12:17 AM
Oops. Not yet dead, I promise. IC in a mo.

Telasi
2013-07-27, 12:28 AM
Shadowrun Returns... so distracting... :smallredface:

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-27, 04:50 AM
Shadowrun Returns... so distracting... :smallredface:

I haven't gotten it yet - saving up every penny I can for a vacation. Must be pretty awesome then?

Telasi
2013-07-27, 02:38 PM
I backed it on Kickstarter, so I've been looking forward to it for a while now. It's pretty good for what it is, but still a budget game. I haven't played around with the level editor yet, but that seems promising. Main plot isn't bad, either, but I won't spoil unless you guys really want me to.

Daravon_35
2013-07-27, 10:02 PM
Yeah have to say, I've been a little busy with Shadowrun Returns as well. It's quite fun. Waiting for you guys to need anything from me at the moment. Looks like everyone but Red is still in the room deciding the next move.

Sinpoder/Red
Which of your contacts are you contacting and what are you asking them specifically? If you could write up and send them a text, that'd be even better because then they'll respond better. Otherwise it'll probably be blanket info without specifics.

Also Red did I ever have you choose where you live? If not please choose from below as well. If so I'll have to find it again, since I don't see it on my list. Thanks.

Quinn/Nico
Did we ever decide where your character lives? If not sorry and here's the list:

I need you to choose where your character is residing in Seattle.

Downtown Seattle: Luxury, High, Street
Renraku Arcology: Middle, High, Luxury
Aztechnology Complex: Middle, High, Luxury
Council Island: Middle, High, Luxury (Almost need to be Ameri-indian)
Bellevue: High, Luxury, Street
Tacoma: Low, Middle, High, Luxury
Everett: Squatters, Low, Middle, High, Street
Renton: Low, Middle, High, Street
Auburn: Squatters, Low, Middle, Street
Snohomish: Low, Middle
Fort Lewis: Low, Middle
Redmond: Squatters, Low, Street
Puyallup: Squatters, Low, Street

Anything that doesn't have street listed means it probably either patrolled by Lone Star, corp security or some other special interest group. If a place doesn't allow squatters, it's because their housing doesn't allow it easily enough.

Quinn/Nico
Since you have custom... I'm assuming you're not high, probably lowish since you owe some people money?

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-28, 12:20 AM
I used the lifestyle chart out of the runners companion -
It's not the best place, but decent security, lots of space and a bit of feng shui, and it's not bad.

I figure Renton or Auburn, where is everyone else settled in at?

Telasi
2013-07-28, 01:00 AM
Puyallup here.

Daravon_35
2013-07-28, 02:21 AM
Kit is in Auburn (as a squatter)
Mick is in Renton (as middle lifestyle)
Damian is in Puyallup (as low)

I don't have any place for Red at the moment.

Sinpoder
2013-07-30, 02:36 PM
Sinpoder/Red
Which of your contacts are you contacting and what are you asking them specifically? If you could write up and send them a text, that'd be even better because then they'll respond better. Otherwise it'll probably be blanket info without specifics.

Also Red did I ever have you choose where you live? If not please choose from below as well. If so I'll have to find it again, since I don't see it on my list. Thanks.

Red is going to ask my hacker friend Bob, if he would be willing to look into the guys that I just meet and give me the run down of their abilities and their skills... see if they have been on any other past jobs and what they are known for on the streets, as it were, and I would also like for him to look into the team we will be facing here soon and have him check out their players... see which one is the star player and what is his specialty and stuff like that...

Red is basically planning on taking him out first... that is one way to lower morale quickly and effectively.

Red lives in medium I believe.... if I remember correctly..

Also sorry about the delayed response.. I am taking Calculus right now and it will be eating up the majority of my time for the next couple of weeks but I will keep trying to check in if I can..

Karen Lynn
2013-07-30, 03:53 PM
Loony, I just double checked the book. Mystic Adepts cannot astrally project. I could show up on the field, but it would have to be fox form only. Then again, an awakened fox casting spells in a cordoned off sports 'arena' might raise questions...

RandomLunatic
2013-07-30, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I know. Which is why I was not suggesting such a thing.

Given that the astral security tends to be patrolling the sky, and cannot see through buildings, once on the field I think we have room for some low-key magic. It is getting onto the field that will be the trick.

Karen Lynn
2013-07-30, 10:05 PM
Thinking I'll head to the arena when we know where in fox form, then just camp out there. Use a little magic to interfere at most, unless I can do something direct.

Daravon: Ruling on spell/power use in fox form?

Daravon_35
2013-07-31, 04:57 PM
Karen:
Gut said no, book fluff says yes. So... yes. I was thinking you'd have to manipulate the mana in some way with hands or something like it used to be, but now manipulating mana is like radiating a radio wave, you don't need hands or a voice to do that, so casting in fox mode seems a go. Also is your last IC about going to the training center or where do you want to check out?

Quinn:
Either Renton or Auburn is fine, just let me know which please.

Sinpoder:
Thanks, also please pic a living area as Quinn's doing. Thanks and no worries.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-07-31, 05:01 PM
Yeah, Let's go with Renton, just because I like the sound of it better.

Sorry, been busy too. I'll be catching up today.

Karen Lynn
2013-08-01, 02:46 AM
Going to the training center first.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-08-05, 12:57 PM
alright - I don't think it'll be as big an issue with this game, but I'm going to be going on vacation from the 12th to the 18th, so I won't be around as much.

I'll try to check 1/day, but it's just a heads up. I've no doubt that this game will be just fine. :smallbiggrin:

Daravon_35
2013-08-19, 04:44 PM
Ok sending out e-mails to people to see if we lost anyone....

RandomLunatic
2013-08-19, 04:58 PM
Still here. I just posted IC a couple days ago.

Telasi
2013-08-19, 08:10 PM
I'm still paying some attention. My stated plan of action (trying to find and keep an eye on Josh) seems to have been overlooked.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-08-20, 10:50 AM
I'm still here too.

No worries. :smallbiggrin:

Karen Lynn
2013-08-20, 05:30 PM
Hiya GitP emailer. Did you get lost?

Need to make IC post, methinks.

Daravon_35
2013-08-20, 09:59 PM
Ok awesome, pretty much everyone's still here. Just so everyone knows, I sent that e-mail out to everyone. I had seen some IC posts and the OOC post about vaca, but wanted to just make sure I still had everyone regardless. I appreciate the responses. Thanks.

RandomLunatic
2013-08-20, 11:42 PM
Perception test

INT 3 + Per 1 -2 difficulty
[roll0]

RandomLunatic
2013-08-20, 11:46 PM
Gorram nested tests.

3 INT + 3 Language (Japanese)
[roll0]

Daravon_35
2013-08-21, 07:41 PM
<insert evil muhahahaha laugh>...

I mean, what doesn't everyone love those? I thought it was a great idea! :smallbiggrin:

Karen Lynn
2013-08-22, 08:34 AM
So, I've noticed why I'm not getting any emails for posts in iC. Would someone mind posting the link for IC here? I've lost my subscription.

Daravon_35
2013-08-22, 04:09 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254331&page=12

Karen Lynn
2013-08-23, 04:28 AM
Die rolls in a bit when I dig out my books... I swear I'm gonna put a shock trap on all my stuff. Roomie keeps moving crap. Now, where did core and SM go...

Karen Lynn
2013-08-24, 09:37 PM
Screwed up the roll. Question stands. I'll roll drain after I know your call on it.
Magic[2/6]+Spellcasting[4]+Totem[2]
[roll0]

Karen Lynn
2013-08-24, 09:38 PM
F/2+1=3 drain.
WIL[4]+CHA[2]
[roll0]
1 hit, two damage. If you rule I can cast at force like normal(magic 6, force 6/overcast 12) or the other way(magic for spells 2, force 2, overcast 4), then I'll know if that two damage is S or P.

RandomLunatic
2013-08-24, 09:55 PM
My take comes straight from the book. To paraphrase "Every point of magic spent on physical abilities gives the MysAd one point's worth of adept abilities. Every point spent on casting gives one die for use in Magic-based skill tests. For all other purposes, use the full Magic rating." So my call would be 6/12.

Karen Lynn
2013-08-25, 06:43 AM
To be honest, that's how I'm reading it... And three hits, so anyone to notice me would have to get (I think four hits) to resist my spell to notice me. Goal being to walk in as the door opens and maintain it up until the combat hopefully doesn't start.

Sinpoder
2013-08-25, 03:15 PM
I am sorry for not being here.. I have recently moved into my dorms and RL stuff has prevented me from posting for any long period of time... but now that everything has kinda relaxed and what not.. I will be posting more often.

Daravon_35
2013-08-28, 09:45 PM
Sin I was figuring you were back at your loft already texting your buddy and trying to figure stuff out.

Kit from what I've always done, it's the 6/12 way. You can cast up to your full magic attribute, you just can't allocate any more dice then were allocated to magic casting in regards to it.

Karen Lynn
2013-08-28, 09:57 PM
So, I can cast up to force 6/12, but can only throw two dice? Am I understanding you correctly?

What a time to wish I had a stun or sleep spell... >.<

Daravon_35
2013-08-28, 10:34 PM
Every point of Magic invested in mana-based abilities grants the character
one point to use with Magic-based skills. For all other purposes,
including the determination of the maximum level for adept powers,
the character’s full Magic attribute is used. Such a character will not
have as many adept powers as most other adepts, nor will they be able
to cast spells with the same skill as true magicians. Mystic adepts may
use their adept powers normally.

Example:
Roxanne is a mystic adept with a Magic attribute of 4. She spends 1 point of Magic for
1 Power Point, which she uses to purchase four levels of Rapid Healing. Her other 3
points of Magic are dedicated to Magic skills. When using her Magic-linked dice pools,
such as Spellcasting or Summoning, she will be able to allocate 3 dice for Magic (since
the other is tied up in her adept powers). For all other uses, her Magic attribute
counts at its full value of 4.

So my understanding, that when casting spells, your magic attribute total is 6, however your magic attribute for the amount of dice you get to add to your dice pool for casting is equal to however many were allocated, in your case it sounds like 2.

Karen Lynn
2013-08-28, 10:47 PM
Alright, sounds good.

Telasi
2013-08-29, 01:04 AM
Intuition 3 + Perception 1 + Vision Enhancement 2 - 2 penalty: [roll0]

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-01, 11:45 PM
I thought this article would make everyone here smile. (http://news.yahoo.com/lifelogging-camera-shrugs-off-privacy-seize-moment-204950170.html)

Welcome to the era of micro-cameras and logging of every detail of your life!

Sound familiar? It should. Welcome to the shadows. :smallbiggrin:

Daravon_35
2013-09-04, 09:16 PM
Might be Sunday before I get a response in to Kit's actions. I'm getting ready to Best man for a friends wedding this weekend. Sorry about this.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-05, 01:43 AM
Sorry that you get to be Best Man?
Yeah, no need for that.

Enjoy!

RandomLunatic
2013-09-14, 12:00 AM
Hope the wedding went well.

Sorry for jamming so much into one post,but I am trying to get things moving here.

Assensing rolls, thugs 1-4.
3 INT + 4 Assensing -2 Distracted=5. Add the second batch of 5 dice if hegets enough time to spend a simple action observing each thug in detail, replacing the distracted mod with the +3 active observation.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

For the watchers, I would just like to buy 2 hits on summoning and soak tests to get 2 hour durations with no drain to save on rolling. Iam going to detail one to find each of the men, and I am hoping they do not to make Astral Search checks at this range.

Daravon_35
2013-09-17, 06:11 PM
Heads up, I'm hoping to make a post tonight or tomorrow. I got flown out to Salt lake city last minute for work on Sunday and am trying to get everything going to get a post up. This was last minute and I do apologize.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-17, 06:27 PM
No worries. Safe Travels!

Daravon_35
2013-09-21, 09:20 PM
Mick

Assensing:

Japanese Man 1: hits Healthy, angry, mundane, essence and magic are lower, his skin is covered/replace by bioware, seems to have cyber ware over his bones, and a small implant as the base of his skull.
Japanese Man 2: Healthy, angry, mundane, essence and magic are lower, has cyberware covering his chest, his eyes and ears are cyberware as well.
Japanese Man 3: Healthy, confused, awakened, essence is equal, magic rating is lower, multiple astral signatures on the person. Some seems to be small, located in pockets, others cover the entire body (as if spells).
Japanese Man who had the gun: Healthy, angry, mundane

Buying the hits for the spirits is fine.

All
Sorry again all for my slow posting rate. With a wedding and then travel, it's been kicking my ass. Can I get a roll call of who's still here? Also assuming everyone is can Sinpolder and Quinn let me know what they plan to do next so I can get that going. I'm hoping to wrap up the club scene here soon and then everyone will be on the same page/day.

Karen Lynn
2013-09-21, 09:47 PM
I'm here....

Always here....

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-21, 11:59 PM
I'm still here, no worries.

What I plan to do next.... umm.. I'll get back to you on that. lol

I need to refresh my brain on where I'm at. :smallbiggrin:

Telasi
2013-09-22, 12:43 AM
Hey. Still here, just didn't intervene in the last bit since Kit and Mick seemed to have it more or less under control.

Karen Lynn
2013-09-22, 04:33 PM
If needed:
REA4+Pilot1
[roll0]

RandomLunatic
2013-09-22, 07:31 PM
Still here. And rolling perception to get the number.

3 INT + 1 Perception + 3 active search
[roll0]

Damian follows Mick, figuring he's the most likely to need backup immediately.Thanks for the vote of confidence.:smallyuk:

Karen Lynn
2013-09-23, 09:19 AM
Something tells me I really should reduce the number of generalists I play in Shadowrun... :P

Telasi
2013-09-23, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence.:smallyuk:

It's not a comment on your skill, just on the fact that you ran after the four guys who pulled a gun in a crowded club.

RandomLunatic
2013-09-23, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I know. I was just being silly.

Daravon_35
2013-09-24, 08:55 PM
Those were some horrible rolls!

If needed:
REA4+Pilot1
[roll0]

It is needed and they lose you in the traffic surrounding the club.

3 INT + 1 Perception + 3 active search
[roll0]

There is no way you see/catch that license plate.

Sinpoder
2013-09-28, 09:25 PM
I am here... >.> and I wanted to get a completely background on the players of the team that we are joining and everything else......

Daravon_35
2013-10-02, 07:49 PM
Ok mainly waiting to see what the people at the club do next.

As far as Mick knows watcher spirits are still on the chase of the limo.

I am here... >.> and I wanted to get a completely background on the players of the team that we are joining and everything else......

You got a response from your hacker on that, I was waiting on a response from you.

Karen Lynn
2013-10-25, 02:39 AM
*pokepoke*

Daravon_35
2013-10-25, 04:08 PM
I'm still here. I'm mainly waiting as above to see what people respond to in IC. If we're stuck I'll do a time jump to get the game moving. I'll fudge stuff do whatever I have to. I'd like to keep the game alive if we can and all the current players.

Karen Lynn
2013-11-27, 07:13 PM
Karen climbs to the top of the largest building, hacks into a worldwide broadcast, and shouts, "Is anybody here still alive?"

Daravon_35
2013-11-29, 08:15 PM
Again I'm still here but it seems to only be us unfortunately. Taking suggestions on what to do.

Telasi
2013-11-29, 10:12 PM
Nobody has replied in a very long time, and this is not a first time occurrence. That's generally a sign that a game is dead.

RandomLunatic
2013-11-29, 10:32 PM
I have been waiting on the GM.

Karen Lynn
2013-11-30, 12:19 AM
I have been waiting on Daravon as well.

Daravon_35
2013-11-30, 02:16 PM
Well don't I feel like a horses a patoot. I was waiting on you all. Do you just want me to time skip to the morning or pick up on you all back in the club? I thought you all were still trying to figure out what to do next after the Japanese men and Josh lost you all.

I know Red and Quinn are a day ahead so that's what they're waiting for (a day jump). I do have a lot more time now too so if people are still interested we can easily pick this back up.

Karen Lynn
2013-11-30, 02:24 PM
I'm good with time skip. We lost the two, nothing we can do about it.

RandomLunatic
2013-12-01, 04:00 PM
Well don't I feel like a horses a patoot. I was waiting on you all. Do you just want me to time skip to the morning or pick up on you all back in the club? I thought you all were still trying to figure out what to do next after the Japanese men and Josh lost you all.

I know Red and Quinn are a day ahead so that's what they're waiting for (a day jump). I do have a lot more time now too so if people are still interested we can easily pick this back up.
Lost? I sicced the watchers on them. Or at least the Japs. I suppose I could do Josh too, if Kit got in touch.

Karen Lynn
2013-12-01, 05:14 PM
Well, she did send y'all a text...

Otherwise, tell me how to make watchers and I'll do it.

RandomLunatic
2013-12-01, 05:26 PM
Oh, she did?

Probably better if she does it herself, since she knows what the getaway car looks like. It is just a straight Magic+Summoning roll, with the hits being the watcher's lifespan (in hours) and the amount of drain (always Stun). You can voluntarily reduce hits to reduce the drain. Oddly, no action is given, though I would imagine it to be a Complex.

Karen Lynn
2013-12-01, 05:33 PM
Summoning roll

[roll0]

Karen Lynn
2013-12-01, 05:36 PM
Oops

[roll0]
Drain
[roll1]

2 hits on summon
1 hit and glitched on drain