PDA

View Full Version : Multiweapon Fighter

Annos
2012-08-18, 11:14 AM
I'm making a multiweapon fighter, and want to know the best class('s) to take levels in. The group is ELC 4 and I'm getting the third hand through the prehensile tail feat and the prehensile tail feat.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2012-08-18, 11:20 AM
Totemist for Girallion Arms.

Annos
2012-08-18, 11:22 AM
I'm thinking of modifing the Martial Stalker feat to (imput name here) which will lt my fighter and dragonfire adept levels stack for feats, dragon breath and breath effects, and abuse this by being a human and just take 3 levels in DFA, counting as a level 4 fighter for feats (three bonus feats)

Annos
2012-08-18, 11:42 AM
Totemist for Girallion Arms.

the arms are only good for climb and grapple checks

Kuulvheysoon
2012-08-18, 01:24 PM
I'm making a multiweapon fighter, and want to know the best class('s) to take levels in. The group is ELC 4 and I'm getting the third hand through the prehensile tail feat and the prehensile tail feat.

I believe that you're talking about the prehensile tail feat (SK) and the dragon tail feat (RotD).

Ranger might be interesting, because I recall reading somewhere that TWF automatically upgrades to MWF if you qualify.

Randomguy
2012-08-18, 01:44 PM
If you want a fourth "hand", then you can play something with a bite attack and use it to wield a Mouthpick weapon.

You might end up a bit feat starved, so a 2 level dip in fighter (or feat rogue), for bonus feats, might be a good idea. Sneak attack is also a big bonus, since the more attacks you have, the more sneak attacks you get. An interesting option would be 2 levels in feat rogue and the rest in sneak attack fighter, for both full BAB and sneak attack.

dextercorvia
2012-08-18, 03:09 PM
the arms are only good for climb and grapple checks

No, they give you four claw attacks.

Urpriest
2012-08-18, 03:21 PM
If you want a fourth "hand", then you can play something with a bite attack and use it to wield a Mouthpick weapon.

You might end up a bit feat starved, so a 2 level dip in fighter (or feat rogue), for bonus feats, might be a good idea. Sneak attack is also a big bonus, since the more attacks you have, the more sneak attacks you get. An interesting option would be 2 levels in feat rogue and the rest in sneak attack fighter, for both full BAB and sneak attack.

Eh, not sure this works. The ability to wield a weapon in your mouth is like the ability to use armor spikes, it doesn't count as a hand for Multiweapon Fighting.

In general, lots of attacks goes well with bonus damage. Sneak Attack of course works, but consider Dragonfire Inspiration or Stormguard Warrior. The former seems more dragon-appropriate, given that that appears to be your theme.

Runestar
2012-08-18, 10:16 PM
Won't it be easier to play a thri-keen or something? They are ECL4 (there is supposedly a ECL3 version somewhere), so you can play one right off the bat. You have 4 arms and a bite attack without having to burn precious feats.

Else, probably fighter for the bonus feats.

TypoNinja
2012-08-18, 10:29 PM
Won't it be easier to play a thri-keen or something? They are ECL4 (there is supposedly a ECL3 version somewhere), so you can play one right off the bat. You have 4 arms and a bite attack without having to burn precious feats.

Else, probably fighter for the bonus feats.

I think the Shining South setting gives you a psi-less version of the Thrikreen, I loaned that book out though so I can't double check at the moment. Assuming my memory is correct that's probably the source of the lower ECL version.

Randomguy
2012-08-19, 12:22 AM
I think the Shining South setting gives you a psi-less version of the Thrikreen, I loaned that book out though so I can't double check at the moment. Assuming my memory is correct that's probably the source of the lower ECL version.

The nonpsionic Thrikreen is also in MM2.

Cieyrin
2012-08-19, 11:59 AM
The nonpsionic Thrikreen is also in MM2.

If you want the 3.0 version, sure, especially considering the disparity between version seems to have been the 3.0 psionic version being 2 RHD/+3 LA, compared to the 3.5 2 RHD/+2 LA. Between Shining South and the XPH is just dropping psionics for going down to LA +1, so not something I'd pick a book/pdf for just to play if you have XPH already (since Thri-Kreen aren't on the SRD and all, product identity, don'tcha know? :smallwink:)

Keld Denar
2012-08-19, 12:53 PM
I'm thinking of modifing the Martial Stalker feat to (imput name here) which will lt my fighter and dragonfire adept levels stack for feats, dragon breath and breath effects, and abuse this by being a human and just take 3 levels in DFA, counting as a level 4 fighter for feats (three bonus feats)

Martial Stalker doesn't work like that. It doesn't actually give you the feats, just counts you as X level for the purpose of qualifying for feats that require a certain amount of Fighter levels, like Weapon Spec. You don't just get the feats, it just allows you to spend your feats as if you were a Fighter X.

And yea, you'd probably be best picking a multiarmed race. 'Kreen are about the best choice, especially the non-psionic variety.

Be VERY VERY VERY careful not to confuse the rules for natural attacks with the rules for two/multi weapon fighting. There are a couple of similarities, but for the most part, they are two completely separate beasts with completely separate rules sets.