PDA

View Full Version : Heart of Gheddon

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tharione
2012-08-18, 02:20 PM
Night falls early upon this already shortened winter day. As the sun sinks behind the twin mountains which form Dagger Pass they cast their long shadows across the snow covered foothills. Sprawled before the largest path to the north, and obscured by the shadow of its western peak, is the town of SpringWater.

The streets of the town wind between squat, northern buildings built of pine and stone. Snow covering their rooftops and filling the alleys between buildings. Despite the abundance of the frost the smooth cobblestone streets bear only a light dusting of snow, apparently from the gentle flakes currently drifting down from above. The gently drifting snow is the only motion visible in the bitter cold winter on this night. But on the other side of the warmly lit windows casting their golden glow into the street it is a far different scene. Warm, smelling of the hearth and hot meals, filled with the moving forms of living people, and almost entirely lacking in snow.

On this particular night the interior of the Dragonskull inn and tavern, so named for its central fireplace fashioned from a dragonskull the size of a man, was no exception. Within dozens of travelers find both refuge from the cold and their hungry stomachs. Various human and humanoid people in common traveling garb for the region sit at the tables or one of the worn wooden stools, obviously many times repaired each, resting near the aged bar. A solemn looking dwarf with a long, well-kept red beard down to his belt, but no hair above his eyebrows, serves drinks to the patrons at the bar while a plain, blonde human woman carries meals and drinks out from a door at the back to the tables. A drunken northern skald wails out a slightly slurred drinking song from a corner of the room, to the apparent delight of most of the patrons. A roaring fire currently serves as the main light source of the room. In addition to its warmth the and light the flamelight dancing through the eye-hollows of the dragon skull serves as a mildly haunting sight for those who s eyes linger too long...

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/zombiemode0/Springwater.png

God Imperror
2012-08-18, 06:55 PM
The inn keeper approached me again. He didn't look happy. I guess I can relate and understand, after all the brownish drink that touches my lips is warm tea not the brutish ale served in this local. He looked a bit surprised when I asked for warm water and the surprise switched to slight disgust when I poured the aromatic herbs in the drink and spooned them to perfection.

I left the warm mug in the table and looked back at the inn keeper.

-May I have a piece of paper or parchment?

As the man raises his hands to the head with an exasperated look and leaves to fetch me the parchment I prepare one small piece of charcoal and adjust my ears to follow the words of the drunken skald, maybe I might find something useful in his words and stories.

Out of myself I start writing down the words that I am able to understand and drink some of my tea from time to time.

Tegannie
2012-08-18, 07:24 PM
A few seats down from the elf with the golden hair sits another elf. This one has hair as white as freshly fallen snow, half-healed burns on her arms and face, and (if anyone looks close enough) tears falling from her pure-white eyes.

Cassie sits quietly crying as she finishes her 3rd glass of ale. She motions to the bartender, says, "Another, sir. And something to eat. Anything really."

Tomorrow, she thinks to herself, tomorrow, I'll figure out what do to.

Baxxie
2012-08-18, 07:37 PM
Andrann quietly sat a few seats away from the ladies. His gaze would slightly lean towards them, but then he'd reach for his mug of ale and pour some of it down his throat. He was wearing his armor now, as he had no plans of staying here any further. He was a man of action, and thus he needed to set out of this tavern and begin swinging his blade of justice as soon as he could.

He slowly moved his fingers over the top of his bascinet. His aventail was set beside it, and his gaze met the chain while his hand of gauntlet grasped the helmet. He seemed thoughtful, but then he took another sip of his ale - now looking around suspiciously for a moment over his full-plate's shoulder.

Archmage1
2012-08-18, 09:51 PM
Sitting at a table in a dark corner, A young man sits, his features covered by a dark hood attached to his cloak, which he did not take off upon entering the room, as many of the patrons did. His eyes seem to track the movement of a few others, and ignore the rest as beneath his concern. The ones that seem to attract his eyes are a pair of elf females, sitting near each other at the bar. A pair of mages, and a man in armor also get some of his attention. The man in armor almost seems to notice the quiet man, but not quite.

All have powerful magic, but why here? I wonder if they have a plan? Are they after something? Or they just another group of marks.

As he ponders the strangers, the barmaid passes near him with drinks for another table. Bill takes one of the drinks, and starts drinking. The barmaid seems not to notice, so he goes back to watching.

bindin garoth
2012-08-18, 10:30 PM
With another swig of the drink, Axile takes a look around. There were a few people of interest around, especially mages. He thought about going up to them, but for the moment, saw no reason to do so. None of them compared to his master, nor his old self.

His scar started to thob again. It had been restless the past couple of days. What for, he didn't know. Perhaps something was going to happen here. It was by this clue only that he stayed here. But he was getting restless, he needed to get stronger!

He leaves a small tip at the table and walks outside. The cold air stings his face, but it felt good to breath fresh air. He stares up at the sky as he sits down on the ground, leaning up against on of the walls and reflecting upon his master. He only stays outside for a few minutes, however, before heading back inside and sitting as close as he can to the fire-lit dragon skull.

'Perhaps I should start gathering info, or at least find a training partner.' He thinks to himself. One in particular he notices in the corner, wearing a hood and seeming to observe everyone else. But for now he just observes, and enjoys the comforts of the heat.

Daftendirekt
2012-08-18, 11:48 PM
Enjoying the warmth both of the fireplace nearby and of the half-glass of wine coursing through his veins, Dmitri sits atop a stack of books while writing steadily into another that lies open in front of him on the table. He pauses, muttering to himself and tugging idly at his long mustache, and then scratches down one final sentence before blowing on the page to dry the ink, closing it, and slipping it into the satchel that leans up against his chair.

Slipping down off of the stack of books, he slips them also into his satchel before throwing its strap over his shoulder and heading out into the snowy yard behind the inn. It had been an uneventful day, and most of his valences remained unused, leaving him feeling rather antsy. However, using them frivolously would be wasteful, so he merely went for a stroll to use up some excess energy, his small, booted feet crunching in the snow and his staff leaving a pock mark every few feet.

Tharione
2012-08-19, 08:55 AM
Within:
The bartender meanders over to the softly weeping elf drowning her sorrows from the other after begrudgingly sliding her a sheet of parchment and marking down something himself on his own notes.
He Presents the snow-haired woman with a half a loaf of stale bread and some warm chicken broth in addition to a fourth mug of thin ale. Deciding not to trouble her with the growing bill at the moment he simply retrieves the empty glass and goes about wiping it out.

Without:
The stillness of the night is broken by a small party of travelers moving in the opposite direction of the wandering gnome. four of the five humanoid figures look much like one would expect: Bundled in heavy fur coats, thick hats, and treated leather boots. The fifth is almost surreal among the snowfall, a slim roughly five and a half foot tall woman bound head to toe in broad white linen cloth save for her eyes and a single, lower-back length black ponytail. A belt at her waist holding a thin, semi-transparent veil in place over the upper half of her legs serves as the only other clothing apparent. And beyond that the only apparent equipment is a golden choker about her neck and a curved scabbard upon her belt, a jeweled ivory hilt escaping from its open end.

The party proceeds past the gnome with almost unearthly silence considering the crunching of his own boots against the fresh fallen snow.

God Imperror
2012-08-19, 10:25 AM
Some soft sobbing reach my ears while listened to the song, though it seems a fitting companion to the poor lyrics and worse vocalization of the drunken singer is probably not produced with that intention. I leave my gaze roam free on the room while my hands keep writing mechanically. Soon I find the source of the alien sound, another member of the fair race, an elf, but clearly different from me, for as I am bathed in the pale shine of the stars she seems to be more like a snowflake ready to dance in the wind.

With a smile I approach her, haven't seen loads of elfs in the last weeks and having a conversation is always nice, specially having a conversation with proper people and not with trained monkeys.

I look at her and almost whisper.

-May I sit here cousin?

bindin garoth
2012-08-20, 05:06 AM
Axile pays little attention to the group passing by, although he does notice the jeweled sword at the woman's waist.

Inside, having had ample time to warm up, Axile walks up to the hooded man in the corner, taking a seat right besides him.

"So, what brings one such as yourself up here?" He asks the hooded figure.

Baxxie
2012-08-20, 06:21 AM
Andrann gazed back at the hooded man with disdain for a moment, thinking an unnecessary keeping of hood is for someone who has a lot to hide - someone who might as well be a miser. He showed no hostility, however, turning his gaze away after a couple of moments, staring at the counter.

Tegannie
2012-08-20, 07:28 AM
Cassie eyes the blonde elf talking to her. It is almost comforting to see another of her kind, even if looked quite a bit different.Whatever. she said, dunking the bread in the broth and hungrily eating it.

Archmage1
2012-08-20, 09:47 AM
Seeing one of the mages walk up to him, and ask him a question, Bill goes for the simple answer
"Curiosity"

bindin garoth
2012-08-20, 10:21 AM
"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Axile. A..... Mage of sorts. You?" He says, extending a hand for a handshake with a slight smile on his face.

Archmage1
2012-08-20, 10:31 AM
Why is this mage bothering me? I suppose he must want something, but what? In a fight I could take him, so long as I attack first, and by surprise, so why don't I find out why he is here

I am Bill, a scout. So, what brings you here? There seems to be little of value in this room, beyond a few such as myself, you, 2 elves, a knight, and another mage.

bindin garoth
2012-08-20, 10:34 AM
"Just on a journey to test my powers. It's a simple as that. Perhaps you'd be willing to come along, if say those other ones come too?"

Archmage1
2012-08-20, 10:41 AM
"A journey to enhance your powers might be all well and god for you, but what would I be gaining? And convincing the others to come along might be a bit tricky. If we can get the elves, the knight will likely be wiling to come along. I don't have a guess of how to convince the other mage, except by talking."

God Imperror
2012-08-20, 10:53 AM
I sit down by the elf and drink my tea slowly enjoying the sensation. I take a moment to look at the tavern, paying attention to those who stand out. Well it seems that several adventurers have made it to the tavern.

For a moment I look at the other elf with a slight smile, she seems hungry and enjoying her meal, I avert my gaze, staring at her as she eats might be rude. I get back to my paper and notes, while I try to start some chit chat.

-I am Firia.

bindin garoth
2012-08-20, 10:55 AM
"Perhaps treasure? Or experience? I don't know what you seek, but if either of those you do, perhaps travelling around with others would help. I've heard tales of dragons around here." Axile replies, hoping to start gathering a group.

Archmage1
2012-08-20, 11:05 AM
"An interesting proposal. Well, it sounds interesting, but just the two of us would not last very long. At a minimum we would need the knight, which means that we need a way to persuade him to come with us. If he is a knight, he would be more likely to come to the aid of the elves than us, so, we need the elves as well. Perhaps we should listen to their conversation, and see if there is something that we can use to persuade them to come along. "

Tegannie
2012-08-20, 12:17 PM
Cassie finishes the bread and broth before responding. A full belly is helping her feel better, and, strangly, so is the company.
"I'm Cassie. What brings you here?

God Imperror
2012-08-20, 12:48 PM
I look back at Cassie relieved, she seems to be feeling better after eating.

-I enjoy some talking, and it's cold outside.

A slight smirk marks my features, of course its cold outside, she probably wasn't asking for that.

-Sorry, I mean, I like stories, I thought that I might hear something interesting here. Books get old at home, and I am writer, more or less.

Tharione
2012-08-20, 04:16 PM
Outside:

A single glowing object roughly the size of a coin streaks down from the dark sky above and embeds itself into a snowbank a dozen yards from Dmitri. Leaving only a fading trail of smoke and the brief hiss of fire meeting snow.

Tegannie
2012-08-21, 12:35 AM
Cassie lets out a short, bitter laugh. "Stories? You'd best talk to someone else, if you're looking for a good story. Mine's filled with only cowardice and death." She take another swig of ale.

bindin garoth
2012-08-21, 04:32 AM
"Actually, I've kept an eye on the knight. He seems pretty fidgety, as if looking for something to happen. Recruiting the elves shouldn't be too hard. I'll take on the knight if you take on the elves." And before he can even get a response he heads over to the knight.

"Hello good sir. I am Axile, a mage here looking for an adventure of sorts, and am trying to gather a group. And your name is.....?" Axile says to the knight. He's figuring a chance to adventure would be enough for the knight.

God Imperror
2012-08-21, 05:09 AM
I smile to the elf and without thinking I raise a hand to caress her check trying to make her smile too.

"There are good stories of cowardice and death, too". Was certainly an unhelpful thought.

-Then your story hasn't ended yet. Stories don't have bad endings, if it is bad it is not the end.

Tegannie
2012-08-21, 07:38 AM
Cassie flinches, pulling her head away from the girl's hand...

"Please, don't touch me, my burns still hurt." Cassie sighs. "Just another punishment I suppose. And it certainly feels like my story is over. I was probably going to head back to tnorthern tundra tomorrow, back home."

Archmage1
2012-08-21, 10:18 AM
Smiling, Bill pulls back his hood in an effort to appear less mysterious, and walks up to the elves.
"I couldn't help overhearing your conversation. My name is Bill, and I am looking to put together an adventuring group. Would you be interested in adding another page to yours? Of those in this tavern, you two seem to be among the most experienced.

Baxxie
2012-08-21, 01:10 PM
"Adventure?" asked Andrann with a gruff voice. "Any headings?" he added, peering at the man only with the corner of his eye.

bindin garoth
2012-08-21, 01:41 PM
"well right now I was chasing rumors of dragons up here, but so far it's led to dead ends. I'd figure I'd take a break and look for a group and see if anyone has heard anything before resuming my look." Axile says to the knight.

Baxxie
2012-08-21, 03:00 PM
Andrann slowly shoved himself off his chair, yet still leaving his left arm over the top of his helmet, beside which his aventail stood. His right arm slowly reached out towards Axile's shoulder, trying to grip it. Regardless of the result, he'd address the man. "Never have I heard of a dragon being any good. Hadn't it been for my knack of severing draconic heads, I'd been married long time ago." he told the man sarcastically. "But I never work for coin, nor do I work for glory or adventure - I merely carry out my judgement, my justice. If I find dragons right over you, expect no mercy from me." he added coldly, perhaps intimidatingly. However, first impressions were important, and he'd rather scare a friend off than have himself betrayed in return.

"Andran... My name is Andrann, by the way."

Tharione
2012-08-21, 04:38 PM
Suddenly, and briefly, a great roar, Coming from above and outside, grows from near silence to a blare that quickly drowns even the drunken wailing of the skald. the roar violently shakes surfaces within the room, sending bottles of alcohol tumbling from shelves, and dishes clattering from tables. The bars occupants cling to nearby solid objects as it happens.

Abruptly the roar ends with a explosive rumbling bang and a brief flash of light from outside the windows. The patrons of the tavern sit in stunned silence for the moment, looking to each other for answers none present seem to have.

Archmage1
2012-08-21, 04:42 PM
"And... adventure calls. I hope we can work together ladies. See you soon."
Bill runs outside to look at the source of the noise, pulling up his hood as he goes.

bindin garoth
2012-08-21, 05:18 PM
Axile runs after Bill, hoping to find out what was going on.

God Imperror
2012-08-21, 06:16 PM
I nod on a silent apology to Cassie while I get distracted looking at the "adventurer" that approached us.

-Well she is probably going to leave tomorrow in the morning. And I don't really know what I am going to do...

Then the adventure seemed to start and the brave adventurer left the damsels in distress impervious of its dangers, eager to face the unknown, resolute to right the wrongs...

That seemed a good enough starting point. I raised my hand slightly and the shiny feathers of a raven glittered on the night. I brushed its head when it rested in my hand with care, and whispered into its ears.

-Go and see what it is about.

The familiar left after the man chasing after him as he was asked. Then I look back at my tea and drink it with delight.

-It seems that my tea is getting cold, a pity. I hope you enjoy the tundra Cassie if it is like my home it is probably... not as noisy as here. Sometimes noise is good.

Tegannie
2012-08-21, 06:52 PM
"Aye, it can be. The tundra itself, outside the city walls, is quiet. I enjoyed the silence as a child. But inside the city walls is as noisy as any city." Cassie sighs, watching the man leave. After a moment, she says quietly, almost to herself, "I suppose it would be better than returning home, at least for now."

With another sigh, she stands up, leaves a handful of coins on the bar, and grabs her cloak, throwing in around her shoulders. "Want to see what all the noise is about, cousin? Perhaps I can distract myself from my misery and guilt."

Without waiting for a response, Cassie heads outside, standing next to the hooded man once she is there. Taking a deep breath of the cold air, Cassie hold her hand as if holding a shortsword. A semi-solid, pure white blade appears as if from nowhere.

"Sir, do you know what is going on?"

Archmage1
2012-08-21, 07:22 PM
Well, I saw and heard what you did. At this point, my guess is that something fell, but from where is the question

God Imperror
2012-08-22, 06:16 AM
-I would rather enjoy what is left of my tea. Go and tell me the details later.

In part I wasn't really worried my familiar had gone outside and it would probably be able to report whatever happened, that raven was intelligent enough and certainly it had eyes and ears better than most. But I was also curious, who would leave the inn who would remain? What would happen if everyone left?

Tharione
2012-08-22, 08:44 AM
Outside:

Smoke rises through the darkness nearly a block away, lit from below from a flickering orange light. The source of them both obscured behind a wall of other tightly packed structures.

A few smoking embers fall gently from above among the snowflakes

Inside:

Most of the patrons relax a bit once they realize they are not in immediate danger. Several bundle up and head out to see what caused this also. Others (mostly the bartender and barmaid) go about cleaning up the mess it caused.

Archmage1
2012-08-22, 09:19 AM
"It looks like whatever happened, happened about a block that way. I wonder what it is"

Bill starts heading to the glow.

Tegannie
2012-08-22, 10:00 AM
Great, more fire...just what I need, Cassie thinks to herself as she follows Bill.

bindin garoth
2012-08-22, 10:24 AM
Axile moves on, closely behind Bill and Cassie. While running, he quickly turns to Cassie and says "Now might not be a good time, but I'm Axile. I'm with this guy" as he points at Bill.

Then suddenly, he pauses for a moment, raises his hand forward, and chants a few quick verses. In front of him, a magic circle appears on the ground, glowing brightly as what appears to be a being made up of magma comes forth.

He continues to run towards the source, along with the newly summoned magma elemental by his side.

Here are the statistics of the magma elemental with the buffs. I won't actually have a chance to add them to my sheet till tonight.

Medium Magma Elemental

Hit Dice: (50 hp)
Initiative:–1 (Dex)
Speed:30 ft.
AC:17 (–1 Dex, +8 natural)
Attacks: Slam +15 melee
Damage: Slam 1d8+14
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Burn (DC )
Special Qualities: Elemental, fire subtype
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 8, Con 21, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
Skills: Listen +7, Spot +7
Feats:Power Attack

Tharione
2012-08-22, 11:21 AM
Outside:
Those who ran to find the source of the smoke now arrive at the scene of a crater, forty feet in diameter and 5 feet deep, occupying a space where once stood half of a timber house. Splintered and charred remains of the structure are scattered all about into the street and through the smoke issuing from the crater one can see into the still standing half of the house, into a kitchen laden with now smashed dishes.

The hissing of vaporizing snow accompanies the smell of smoke and sulphur as both steam and smoke issues forth from a large sized pitted metallic boulder sitting in the bottom of the crater.

Inside:

The uneasiness of the occupants of the tavern fades quickly and they return to their chosen activities or concentrate on the clean up. All the while chatting about what in the world that could have been. Popular theories include dragons, wizards, and rowdy teenagers.

Firia:

notices the sounds of soft, but heavy footsteps that do not match up with the only two people currently moving about.

Archmage1
2012-08-22, 01:10 PM
Looking at the devastation, only one thought occurs in Bills mind: cool.
"Looks toasty. Perhaps the magma elemental should investigate?"

God Imperror
2012-08-22, 01:22 PM
I listen to the ruckus on the tavern, for a moment I try to ignore the sounds of conversation of the locals, I focus on my own breath, I can hear it, in a few breaths the sounds of people grow distant, one after another they pop out of existence, soon there is only a few noises left.

I raise my cup of tea I give the cold beverage a last taste and when the liquid departs my lips I whisper. "Veil be free, let me see". I look through the tavern, trying to see something that might have not been there before.

Baxxie
2012-08-22, 01:38 PM
Andrann had walked after Axile, grabbing his helmet to which was attached an aventail - as well as grabbing his backpack that stood by the side of his chair, and strapping one part of it to his one shoulder - on the contrary of the man's speedy dash. Having found crowd at the entrance, Andrann began pushing and shoving people away, and rudely so, too. Once outside, he gazed at the group who were running towards the smoke. Supposedly, he'd stand there for a while, crossing with the time when Firia had set her gaze outside the tavern.

Tharione
2012-08-22, 01:58 PM
Inside:
Firia briefly detects the presence of magical auras within the room before their sources, almost immediately, become apparent. Two heavily muscled orangutans with oversized lower fangs jutting from their mouths and fur the color of rust appear from seemingly nowhere and lay hands on two bar patrons each before vanishing again with those they grabbed. A church bell begins ringing in the distance somewhere.

Outside (the tavern):
Black ashes join the gently drifting snow. In the sky above what appear to be streaking fireballs cut the darkness as they fall toward the ground. A church bell Rings loudly in the distance. Grabbing the attention of those present.

Outside (the crater):
Black ashes join the gently drifting snow. In the sky above what appear to be streaking fireballs cut the darkness as they fall toward the ground. A church bell Rings loudly in the distance. Grabbing the attention of those present.

Casker the Raven communicates distress to Firia.

Archmage1
2012-08-22, 02:02 PM
"I think that we want some cover for this. Fairly solid cover. This is very interesting though. I suspect that this is NOT standard weather around here."

Bill looks around for some cover from the firestorm.

bindin garoth
2012-08-22, 03:35 PM
Axile was about to answer the question, but the hears the church bells ringing. Deciding to risk it, he runs to the source of the sound.

"You all coming?"

Archmage1
2012-08-22, 03:48 PM
After noting the lack of useful cover around, Bill figures that he will need to rely on luck to survive this. Luckily, luck has been on his side before. He also keeps an eye on the incoming meteors, with the intent of dodging any that seem like they are heading directly for him.

"I think we may want to warn the other elf about events. She sent her familiar, but may not be using its eyes. I suspect that the church bells are ringing as a warning. All of us working together is probably a good idea. I don't suppose you can teleport us to safety until after all the rocks hit the ground?"

God Imperror
2012-08-22, 04:56 PM
The auras broke and two baleful monkeys on steroids appeared breaking havoc on the people in the inn. By the Seldarine... that was dangerously scary. But before everything was able to settle they were gone and with them two poor souls. I focus my eyes, I am need to move fast and I cannot concentrate on the spells. I keep my ear keen and my sword nearby just in case the attack repeats itself. After taking a beat to recover my breath I stand looking at the bartender.

-Get everyone to the basement and barricade the doors. Those are gone, but more might come.

I move to the rests that the orangutans left before leaving I soak the paper in which I wrote down the song from the skald in the blood of the kidnaped and search for any scrap of cloth.

-Which were those men names? Where can I find a mirror?

My senses are trying to get the best of me I am excited, scared of battle, of the loneliness that might come. I was no fighter. I was just a storyteller. The bells were not helping nor was the uneasiness that was reaching me from outside.

bindin garoth
2012-08-22, 05:40 PM
The question stops Axile in his track, as if his blood went cold. Memories fly through his head, of when he was much more powerful. Teleporting them away would of been a simple trick, let alone finding out who or what was causing this. Thankful of the new, ancient arts he had learned, he had gained some power. But it was not enough.

Another ring of the bells wakes him out of his thoughts. They had to figure out what to do!

'Wait, I have the perfect spell!........ I didn't pack rope did I.....' He thinks to himself, cursing all the while.

"If one of you has some rope I can hide us in an extradimensional pocket for a while."He yells, changing his direction towards the tavern they had been in. His magma elemental follows close behind.

Tharione
2012-08-22, 06:12 PM
Outside(the Crater):

One of the men present shouts: "That's the town alarm, everyone get to your homes, wake your families and friends, militia with me!" He beckons several others and charges off for the north end of the town. The other townsfolk scatter down the streets in other directions.
The Raven decides, for some unseen reason, to fly off over the rooftops directly for the tavern at top speed. Most of the flaming objects crash down elsewhere in town, heard but unseen from here.

Several of what appear to be heavily charred gnomes climb out of the crater once the majority of the crowd has moved away.

Outside (the tavern):
Shouting can be heard from within the bar. The people here cease staring at the sky and begin to flee, especially when four men fall from the sky, landing with sickening thuds in the street and on nearby rooftops.

Inside:

The bartender nods and shouts "You heard thah lass, alarms going to the cellar with ye who aren't fighting men!".
Most of the patrons follow directions and head through the kitchen door following the barmaid. Over the clamor of the crowd screams can be heard from outside but end abruptly.

The dwarf retrieves an axe from behind the bar and proceeds over to Firia. "Darvey, Jore, Bart an' Tim. Four of my regulars. What the burning beards is going on here elf?"

bindin garoth
2012-08-22, 06:21 PM
"And here we turn around again!" Axile said, turning to head north. Truth be told he was a little excited. It had been a while since his last combat! Let alone that fact that he know nothing about the attack. Perfect time to test out his powers!

Tegannie
2012-08-22, 06:37 PM
"Really, Fate? Fire from the sky and...a magma elemental? I won't let you get to me! I won't cower this time." Cassie says to herself.

"I will go find Firia." she says to others. She hurries back to the inn, snow-white "blade" in hand, searching for Firia.

God Imperror
2012-08-22, 06:38 PM
I smirk to the dwarf with a slightly worried nod I mentally note the names of the deceased if I try to search for them later it will be helpful any information that I can get.

-Those apes were demons, if they acted so openly it means bad things. Come here dwarf. - I gently touch the dwarf in the shoulder - May my steps be light, and aid me in the fight.

Instantly I feel lighter able to move faster, I surely can dance over the rooftops if necessary.

-Guess that axe ain't made of cold iron is it?.- For a moment I consider taking some paper to write down the details of the fight, but I might get busy and even engage into melee. -Good luck dwarf, lets pour some beers if this ends well.

Archmage1
2012-08-22, 08:41 PM
"Axile, I think that this is an attack. A trick with rope may get us out of the way, but when it ended, we would be fighting these things alone. Better to stand now, rather than later. Besides, should be interesting, and I suspect the bombardment is over"

Bill readies his crossbow, a grin on his face, and heads for the north as well, attempting to get out of sight once he gets there, with the intent of ambushing attackers.

Load crossbow, head for the north. Stealth: [roll0]

Baxxie
2012-08-23, 05:49 AM
Andrann took a few steps forward, distinguishing himself from the scared crowd. As men and women were running in, he slowly placed his helmet over his head, letting the aventail fall upon his plated shoulders and reach his upper breast, as well as covering his face. Slowly drawing his sword, he watched the motion - trying to get himself ready against what unpredictable hell was going on. His long sword in hand, lengthing well over fifty inches, he looked forward - supposedly from where Axile and Bill were coming, chasing after who seemed like a local man of these parts.

Tharione
2012-08-23, 09:45 AM
Outside(North end of town):

Those heading north charge up the main street. Shortly they come upon what appears to be two heavily charred gnomes with long red claws cackling and hopping about over two dead bodies roughly two hundred and fifty feet ahead.

Outside(The tavern):

From the expected direction do not come two men chasing a third but one elf heading back for the tavern. Over the rooftops, nearly indistinguishable against the clouded night sky, flies a lone raven toward the same destination.

Inside:

"Its cold an its iron. Demons... Well luck to you as well Lass. I've got drunks to look after." The dwarf hops the bar and heads back into the kitchen.

Archmage1
2012-08-23, 09:49 AM
Bill, seeing the dead townsfolk, realizes that the strange gnomes are a threat, and the village militia is unlikely to stop them.
"I think that the village militia is probably not going to do much good. We should probably help those in the tavern, as they will probably be much more useful, and will more likely be alive to be helped. The militia was spread out over town, as were these things, and I have yet to meet the militia that can match creatures from anywhere."

bindin garoth
2012-08-23, 10:28 AM
Axile ground his teeth. He didn't like running away, even if it was a tactical retreat. But what could they do? It was very possible for more to show up, or for them to have unexpected powers. However, he wasn't just going to let the roam around on their own. He quickly commands his magma elemental to engage once they start running away.

"I'll have my elemental stay and fight while we go back. I don't want to just let them run around free." He says as he turns around back to the tavern.

Archmage1
2012-08-23, 10:29 AM
Seeing Axile turn back to the tavern, Bill starts heading there as well.

Tharione
2012-08-23, 12:06 PM
Outside:

By the time Cassie has arrived at the entrance the raven has flown through the door and both bill and Axile are visible heading toward the impromptu meeting spot as well.

Inside:

Casker enters the tavern, lands nearby Firia, and speaks in elven.
"Fire and humans both fall from the sky Firia. I believe it is time we make our escape."

bindin garoth
2012-08-23, 12:53 PM
Axile decides that it's best to resummon his magma elemental at this time. He's surely done his job for now, at least keeping those weird gnomes at bay for a little bit. With a few quick words, he summons the elemental at his side, ready to take on anything that should jump in their way.

Baxxie
2012-08-23, 02:45 PM
As Cassie came to the entrance of the tavern, Andrann, his face covered by chain and his head guarded by a rigid helmet, stood infront of her, blocking the passage at his best. "What's going on?" he'd ask her if she did not avoid him - shouting a bit while doing so.

Tegannie
2012-08-23, 06:08 PM
Annoyed at being blocked, Cassie answers sharply "I have no idea. It is raining fire and there are people falling from the sky. Now please move so I can find Firia. I'd rather not have to use this." She holds up the white blade.

God Imperror
2012-08-23, 06:33 PM
I nod to the dwarf and smile at him.

-Lock yourself and hope for the best, if they try to force their way in they will probably make a ruckus I doubt they would be able to teleport inside.

I wait weighting my options, Casker can probably find me here but if I leave finding the familiar would be harder. I rather keep him close just in case...

Oh, there he is. I raise a hand so he can land.

-Glad you made it back.

I smile to the bird and caress its head. Were can we go? I certainly can move fast and I am certain that I might be able to outrun some of the demons if it gets to the bitter end.

-This is a dead end, we might be able to hold it. But I'll trust you on the running. Do you know were the other can be?

I take my decision is time to move.

-I need some knack don't hold me back.

The intonation of the spell sounds right, I feel more lucky, bold, capable of doing better.

-I can move fast, lead the way, be careful.

I walk towards the door and see some of the other people that were in the tavern earlier.

-Cassie, glad you were not ambushed by the demons.

I move towards the other elf and raise a hand almost to touch her but doubt remembering that she wasn't fond of physical contact.

Tharione
2012-08-23, 07:25 PM
Axile and Bill arrive at the entrance of the tavern with the other three. The Bell still rings in the distance but not another living soul can be seen.

Tegannie
2012-08-23, 07:54 PM
"Glad to see you are unharmed as well, cousin," Cassie says when she sees Firia.

Looking around, she says to the group, "Well, what now? I suppose no one knows what's going on..."

Archmage1
2012-08-23, 09:36 PM
"It looks like a raid, but for people, not items, or gold. Sloppy though. The main question is whether or not we get ourselves captured so we can follow them. If we do get captured, with a bit of luck, we should be able to escape. Alternatively, we may be able to capture and compel one of these creatures to take us, with some risks. Either way, fun will follow."

Bill seeks a place of concealment, so that he can ambush any attackers with a crossbow shot.
stealth[roll0][/stealth]

Baxxie
2012-08-24, 02:10 AM
Andrann first gazed between the two women as they conversated, then greeted Bill and Axile with his eyes - coldly so. "Are they coming from yonder?" asked Andrann to Bill, a slight sense of despise could be sensed in his words. His sword drawn, he set his gaze forth while Bill was trying to hide himself - like a coward, he thought.

God Imperror
2012-08-24, 03:39 AM
I tilt my head. Getting captured is not a really good thing.

-It's a raid. There are at least two Barl-guras. Their method of attack is not an easy one to deal with though. Getting captured is not an option, they move invisible and thought they become visible when they attack they seem to teleport away with whoever they take.

I check my possessions cheeking some of the blood of one of those taken, it is still not dry.

-They took a few people in the tavern while I was there, if I had a mirror and an hour I can probably find them but I don't dare to perform the spell without cover.

Well I was certain that I would be able to find them, if they were still alive, it was a wild guess, but if they were taken alive, the demons will probably keep them alive for a while.

bindin garoth
2012-08-24, 04:38 AM
As Axile runs up he take a quick second or two to catch his breath. He had been in the town for a while now, seems he should of kept up with his physical training more!

"If we deal with the threat now, I can look in the past and see if there is clue why this happened, and who all they took. I can also look for them as long as I have a reflective surface." He says. He didn't want to give away too much about his powers, but for now that's all they needed to know.

Archmage1
2012-08-24, 09:22 AM
Upon hearing of their use of invisibility, Bill activates his Arcane Sight, intending to use it as a detect invisibility.

Tharione
2012-08-24, 09:27 AM
A growing roar can be heard as a burning ball appears high over the street outside the Dragonskull inn and tavern and begins to descend rapidly. Crashing into the cobblestone directly adjacent to the group with a deafening smash, sending molten debris flying in every direction.

What remains after the smoke clears is not a ball of metallic rock. What remains this time is a large creature Reminiscent of a minotaur with an armadillo shell made of pitted metallic stone. Everything within the shell appears to be made of glowing molten rock coated in a thick layer of black ash. It roars and flame erupts from its burning maw.

Archmage1
2012-08-24, 09:35 AM
Bill turns to investigate this new threat, using Arcane Sight to see if it has any active magical effects. He also shoots it with the crossbow.

If the creature has active magic, reduce the sneak attack by 1d6, and Bill will steal the effect. Otherwise, attack: [roll0] Damage[roll1] SA(4)[roll2] SA(3)[roll3] Can I attempt to absorb the effect I saved against? Does it inflict damage?

Archmage1
2012-08-24, 09:39 AM
Sorry about the double post
threat[roll0] crit damage:[roll1]

Tharione
2012-08-24, 09:54 AM
The bolt surprises the creature and strikes it in the neck to the effect of a minor eruption of flame from the wound.

Baxxie
2012-08-24, 02:49 PM
Holding his greatsword firmly, Andrann exhaled heavily into the air. The battlefield was heating up, but still could Andrann see his own misty breath meeting the cold of the air. "Stand back! I won't let you fall!" he said, but Bill didn't need to be the greatest of empaths to see that Andrann wasn't addressing him at all. Instead, Andrann truly scorned Bill - stealthing, favoring unhonorable tactics. But would it matter anyways, against a monster, Andrann thought. But it didn't quite matter - he was certain Bill would favor such a tactic against anyone else, and he knew he had to keep an eye on that lad.

As the flaming cluster came, Andrann was charging in - hence caught almost unprotected. His plate armour deflected some of the chunks coming, and with his left gauntlet he guarded his face. Not breaking the charge, albeit being slowed somewhat, he steadily marched towards the monster. When close enough, yet not too close in melee as one would prefer with a one-handed weapon, he brought his left hand to his greatsword's hilt and furiously swang at the monster. The monster did not honor him with a challenge, nor would the monster escape Andrann's justice now.

[roll0] ~Charge
[roll1] ~Damage: This value will be doubled due to Valorous weapon.

I hope you don't mind the spoilery; I was unsure which posts you wanted in OOC, but I thought this would be an easier reference.

Tegannie
2012-08-24, 06:33 PM
"ARG! REALLY FATE?! Well, I'm not hiding this time!" Cassie yells, throwing her blade at the creature.

Throwing mindblade:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

The blade disappears as soon as it lands, but Cassie has a snow-white arrow at her fingertips. She takes a deep breathe, concentrating her psionic power on the arrow

Free action to create a mindarrow, move action to imbue with psychic energy for a psychic strike.

Also, oww! I'm down below half hp.

God Imperror
2012-08-24, 07:20 PM
Fire and brimstone rains from above, I duck for cover taking a hit from the stones that no doubt would have done a lot more damage if they had not hit the walls of the inn before me.

There is a tall monster, it looks like a fierce Minotaur but on fire, and of course, fire makes everything worse. I know it though, I know what it is, it is a falling meteor demon. We were damn lucky that it just fall near us and not right above us.

-Hit it with ice.

I mumble almost to myself, well, things seems to be getting messy and I cannot afford to risk a surprise attack it certainly has seen me already. I draw the sword with care contemplating the black metal with a mixture of reverence and delight, soon I fear how the smoke that emanates from the blade fills the air, and I smile, for this is a familiar sensation.

I point the sword towards the monster and stare at it for a second. Son, your mom lied to you when it said you were the cutest kid, you are damn ugly.

-Hacael Shevarash, nu Thomai. - With a spit I finish in common - Fear true death demon.

Then I move a bit backwards towards the inn trying to make a direct line between me and the demon impossible and keeping the walls close for cover.

Tharione
2012-08-24, 07:48 PM
The thrown white blade glances harmlessly off of the beasts arm-plate as it swings a fist at the charging Andrann. Its burning fist collides with the armored man knocking him to the ground.

It glares contemptuously at the woman uttering curses and hurls forth a ball of fire at the lurking rogue which explodes upon impact.

bindin garoth
2012-08-24, 09:11 PM
Axile commands his elemental to rush forth and distract the foe. 'It won't last long, but I'll have it do what it can. Meanwhile, he moves slightly off to the side, and with a quick chant, unleashes a cone of blue mist. If you look closely, you notice the any ash floating in the air starts to move much slower.

"Eat this, you big jerk."

OOC contains combat info

Archmage1
2012-08-24, 09:26 PM
Still bleeding from the rock shards sent out by the initial blast, Bill drops his crossbow. At that moment, the demon sends a fireball at him, singing him. Afterwards he chants a short incantation, before drawing his daggers as he follows the knight in, and attacks the creature.

Tharione
2012-08-24, 09:48 PM
The Beast Swings with fervor and knocks the magma elemental over before visibly slowing as it recovers from its own swing and nearly topples over. The dashing rogue ducks under the beasts outstretched arm stabbing at the creature. His first attack goes wild but the second strikes home causing the soft molten belly of the creature to spit flame around the blade. Eliciting a slow and deep roar from the beast.

God Imperror
2012-08-25, 01:57 AM
I raise a hand to Casker.

-Echo me.

Then I look at the demon moving slightly from the place I am standing.

-I've seen it before, I'll see it again. Confidence, pride in self, shattered. Your body slows and your reactions stiffen, soon you won't be able to stand. Yours is a fools death.

I smile at the demon, almost compassionately.

-Run.

Then my gaze turns to his, seeking his eye, transmitting him the true meaning of fear.

-Or face damnation.

Tegannie
2012-08-25, 07:44 AM
Without a word, Cassie flings 2 arrows at the creature, the second one appearing right after she flings the first.

Two attacks with mind arrows:

First arrow (with a psychic strike):
Damage (base): [roll1]
Damage (psychic strike): [roll2]
Damage (frost): [roll3]

Second arrow:
Attack: [roll4] Should only be +8, so the total is 10
Damage (base): [roll5]
Damage (frost): [roll6]

I'm assuming I'm within 30 feet for point blank shot. If not, the attack rolls and base damage rolls are one less.

(also, looking at the soulbow details, it seems like weapon focus (mindblade) also applies to my mind arrow, so I've updated my sheet to reflect that. If not, the attacks rolls are one less.)

Another arrow appears at Cassie's finger tips, which she also imbues with psychic energy.

Baxxie
2012-08-25, 06:37 PM
Quickly, Andrann rolled himself over the floor for a short while. He tried to get out of the monster's reach and stand up, holding his greatsword firm and ready to strike.

Can I 5-foot roll on the ground and stand up? Also, I took no damage from monster's block, yeah?

Tharione
2012-08-27, 10:45 AM
The molten beast is struck squarely by the first white arrow. flailing from it enough to knock aside the second with its armor plates. It seems wholly unimpressed by the sounds of the elf within the tavern and launches another fireball not so far from itself.

Archmage1
2012-08-27, 11:09 AM
Seeing the fireball coming towards him, Bill teleports to near Firia, managing to gesture at the Wand of CLW on his belt, before the fireball hits him. He collapses, a burnt husk.

bindin garoth
2012-08-27, 01:52 PM
Axile see's one of his companions badly hurt. They can't afford to go down now! He takes a quick moment to steady himself. He knew what he needed to do.

Arcane energies flair up around him as he simply points at the mighty beast, a magic circle appearing behind him. Suddenly, many small weapons come flying out of it, as a steam of death, and ram into the monster.

Even afterwards, the energies remain, although they turn dark before suddenly entering Axile's body. Even afterwards, the air around him appears ominous.

Burst ability time! Using my combined assault ability to use the burst ability of one of my conjuration spells, and in turn, bind a level 3 necromancy spell.

Targets a 15ft burst, with the monster at the edge and no allies within the area.

Deals: [roll0] Bludgeoning, Slashing, and Piercing damage. The area becomes difficult terrain. DC 21 Reflex save for half damage.

If the monster fails the save, it suffers a -2 to attack rolls and a -10ft to all movement speeds. These last for [roll1] rounds.

Necro bind effects chosen:

Strength Draining Blast
Potent Gas

Should Bill die, as an Immediate action after the monster's next turn, I will use my Necromatic Revivification ability to revive him at 1/2 hp, revived for 4 rounds.

God Imperror
2012-08-27, 04:01 PM
****! ****! ****! ****!

The curses fill my mouth with the foul and bitter taste of fear. What the hell is going on? That demon should be running for its hide. ****. ****. And there is one on the floor... crap. I sheath the sword kneeling besides Bill and dragging him into the tavern, away from the fire. I take the wand in his belt and point it towards his temple.

-I hope this works.

And I hope this heals you...

Baxxie
2012-08-27, 04:02 PM
As flames came, Andrann kept his two-handed sword within his grip. Heedless, he knew he had to move out of this zone of heat. While plates, aventail, and helmet protected his flesh, the heat spreading across the metal hurt him internally. With a roar, he moved on, trying to reach the monster - he had to get out of the flame, but also keep the monster within his reach. Running towards the monster was as good direction as any, and he held his sword pointing forward, ready to parry and threaten.

[roll0] Reflex

Total defense as standard action bumps my AC up to 25. Other than that, I try to move into the monster, try to put it in my weapon's reach.

Archmage1
2012-08-27, 04:18 PM
"Thank you for the healing, Firia. I can take it from here. One more should take me out of the range of instant death."

Bill takes the Wand, and uses it on himself, before moving behind cover, and loading his crossbow again.

God Imperror
2012-08-27, 04:26 PM
I smile at the man and look at his belt.

-Is that a wand that can get me out of melee?

I think of a fast plan I hope it works...

-If it is be ready for it. Casker, stay here and once I close be ready to switch and get out of the way.

I caress my sword reading myself to do something stupid.

Archmage1
2012-08-27, 04:30 PM
"It is indeed a way to get out of melee, although you need someone willing to swap with."

Tegannie
2012-08-27, 05:08 PM
Dodging some of the fireball, Cassie pushes past the pain and flings two more arrows at the beast.

Arrow #1:
Damage (base)[roll1]
Damage: (frost) [roll2]

Arrow #2:
Attack: [roll3]
Damage (base)[roll4]
Damage: (frost) [roll5]

Tharione
2012-08-29, 10:40 AM
The unnaturally slow creature tries to follow all of the activity of those running about around it, to its own frustration. A torrent of weapons proving too much for it to dodge. One of cassies arrows strikes the beast in the foot and another deflects off of its rocky hide.

The harried beast strikes for the nearest target with a swing of its massive molten fist. striking the armored man soundly.

Baxxie
2012-08-29, 04:39 PM
Valiantly, Andrann gripped his swords with two hands once graspnig monster in his reach. With a war cry, he tried to carve out the monster. Aiming the tip of his greatsword to the chest of the armored monster, he suddenly tried to step aside and catch his enemy off-guard, in order to penetrate its flesh and spill its blood.

[roll0] and [roll1] ~Power attacking, substract five

[roll2] and [roll3]

For Knock-down (http://dndtools.eu/feats/deities-and-demigods--39/knock-down--1725/) feat: [roll4]

If it trips: [roll5] and [roll6] (Striking it prone.)

bindin garoth
2012-08-30, 05:29 AM
Axile, realizing they should run, decides to summon another magma elemental before running. However, it is easily a lot smaller than the one before.

"Run! He'll distract it for at least a little bit."

Will put up stats in OOC post later today

Archmage1
2012-08-30, 10:20 AM
"Well, time to get out of here before I die."

Bill pulls out his wand of Benign Transposition, and swaps the magma elemental and Andrann, before fleeing the losing battle.

Tegannie
2012-08-30, 06:34 PM
Cassie flings her arrow at the monster. Seeing her new companions fleeing, she backs away.
Firing an arrow:
attack: [roll0]
Damage (base): [roll]1d8+4[/roll
Damage (frost): [roll1]

Then moving 30 feet away from the monster.

God Imperror
2012-08-31, 05:10 AM
Okay it seems it is time to run...

-Casker, lead from above, see if you can find someplace were we can hide.

I move pretty darn fast, still affected with the magic that I used before the combat and I have to control myself to not move too fast, staying just with those on the front.

Tharione
2012-08-31, 10:31 AM
Upon all but the elemental being beyond its reach the molten beast vanishes, leaving only a small cloud of wispy smoke and steam in its place which rapidly fades.

Archmage1
2012-08-31, 10:43 AM
Seeing the monster disappear, Bill lets out a sigh of relief.

So death is not coming for me this day

"So, does anyone have an idea what is going on? What was that thing? And why did it disappear? Does anyone have healing?"

bindin garoth
2012-08-31, 10:43 AM
Axile turns around to see the creature vanish. He's thinking it probably teleported. '[i]If only I had my power back.......' He thinks to himself.

"Shall we take a moment to heal up?" He asks the others.

Tegannie
2012-08-31, 01:25 PM
With the monster gone, Cassie is able to take a moment and realize just how hurt she is. She remembers the wand her old party's cleric had given her (because, he had said, you can't always rely on just me.).

"I've got a minor healing, if need be, but does anyone have healing spells prepared?" she says, pulling out the wand.

I've got a fullly charged CWL wand

Baxxie
2012-08-31, 01:50 PM
Andrann took a tactical withdrawal, in no means a retreat - or so he believed. Once the monster was gone, however, he turned to the party and caught up with them. Panting his hot breath into the cold air, forming a misty white, he slowly sheathed his sword at his back. "I apologize for my failure, but I shall be better prepared for when the monster returns." he said while sheathing his sword.

As his body slowly cooled from the heat of combat, he felt the pain heavening upon himself. Slowly unclipping a side of his aventail, as not to bruise his own face unnecessarily, he listened to the group. Now holding his rigid helmet under his armpit, he swiftly shifted his gaze to Cassie. Coughing up twice and then throwing a bloody spit down to the ground, he addressed her. "The beast has bruised me, I must agree, my lady." he told her. Slowly, he put his right hand to his breastplate. "How minor may it be, all kinds of help would be welcome, if you don't mind. I have failed to protect you, but I expect not to fail twice." he thus added.

God Imperror
2012-08-31, 07:35 PM
I smile looking at the party, they seem to start to work together, perhaps adventure is on our door. Well, I hope everything goes better from now one the clash with the meteor demon wasn't... great.

-That was a meteor demon, the city seems to be under attack of demons, earlier two Bar-lguras took a couple of guys on the tavern before disappearing.

I look at the city, were to? Shall we keep running for ever?

-If we rest I can help you heal faster but I don't have any healing prepared at the moment...

Archmage1
2012-08-31, 07:53 PM
Wincing from the pain of his burns, with his skin almost visibly crackling when he moves, Bill looks pretty badly burned. He also appears resolute in his determination not to give up.

"I also have a wand of healing, but if we use them now, they will be drained. That conflict did not go well. Still, we apparently have an effective means of fighting them, if we encounter another one: Run away. I wonder why it dispersed. Still, we really have 2 options. We can either try to avoid demons as we leave town, before holing up to heal, or we can try to figure out why the demons are attacking here. I wonder if there is anything left of the demon, or anything else of interest lying around."

search[roll0] looking for anything interesting

Tharione
2012-08-31, 09:53 PM
The street everyone is on leads north and south, with a side street cutting east not far ahead and a side street cutting east behind. and many such such turns much further ahead and behind.
on either side of the roads are effectively walls of buildings, with snow filling any alleys between the structures. The majority of these buildings are intact but several are on fire, missing large portions, or both.

Bill and Axile notice, far north, a small crowd of people fleeing east along a road perpendicular to the one they occupy.

Baxxie
2012-09-01, 05:01 AM
"Hah!" grunted Andrann, still holding his helmet beneath his armpit. "Perhaps you fancy to keep running, but I must express that I am in no way comfortable with this way of handling things! My sword lusts for vengeance, and my heart can not afford to flee like a coward once more!" he added, almost shouting. After addressing the party perhaps a bit too harshly, he paused for a moment.

"We'd best find protected quarters where we can easily defend ourselves from intruders. There, I could rest, hone my weapon and my mind, and prepare for the upcoming combat. Let me add - this is, in no means, a way of hiding, but a preparation to strike back." he said after his brief pause, almost retaining his harsh tone from before.

Archmage1
2012-09-01, 09:21 AM
"I wonder where those people are going, and what they are fleeing. Well, knight, thank you for your support, as we do need somewhere to hole up. Sadly for you, though, we are in no condition to fight, so hiding is our best defense. I would argue that there is a time for bravery, and a time to be running. I will note that we could not defeat that magma thing by being brave. Either way, we need somewhere somewhat secure. I don't think that we will find such in this town now."

Tegannie
2012-09-01, 11:35 AM
Cassie stays silent, the painful burns reminding her of her encounter with the dragon. She fights back tears as she tries to think where they could go. Unfortunately, her hometown is too far away.

bindin garoth
2012-09-01, 03:58 PM
"You want to go see where those people are going? we might be able to help them at least, assuming that the monster doesn't show up again. Then again, you know what they say about assuming........." Axile says, the last part seemingly to himself. Truth be told he wasn't too sure what to do. He was fairly confident that he had gain some of his powers, but that monster........ Just thinking about it gave him the chills! His powers were nowhere near as strong as they use to be. ''I must get stronger..... He thinks to himself, making a tight fist as he does.

Tharione
2012-09-02, 11:09 AM
The bell still rings loudly over the town. Coming from the east.

Archmage1
2012-09-02, 02:53 PM
That bell over town is still ringing. I wonder if it might be church bells.

"There are still bells ringing in the east as well. It might be appropriate to head there instead. It may be a church, and have some healing magic available. Still, it is a somewhat difficult choice - investigate the runners, or head for the bells."

bindin garoth
2012-09-02, 06:10 PM
"Going to the bells sounds good. Healing would be nice." Axile says. He was worried they'd run into the beast again.

Baxxie
2012-09-02, 06:28 PM
"I am certain the runners are heading to wherever the bell rings at." said Andrann. "Hang right behind me, then. I will lead the way!" he'd add to the group before beginning a slow yet steady march to spark up others' will to run, making sure they do not fall back as well. He'd head east.

Tegannie
2012-09-02, 06:40 PM
Cassie follows Andrann.

Archmage1
2012-09-02, 06:51 PM
as will Bill, although he will hide, and try to keep out of sight of any attackers, and load his crossbow.

hide [roll0]
move silently [roll1]

Tharione
2012-09-02, 09:21 PM
proceeding east takes you through most of the destroyed town takes you down alleys of destroyed and burning buildings. Past charred bodies, smoking craters, and mutilated fallen bodies.

The party arrives outside the source of the bell ringing, a stone church built into the very stone of the eastern mountain. Although the structure itself might be mistaken for a fortress with its two towers, and crenelated walls. What were once gardens surrounding the structure now form a trampled battlefield littered with bodies. A dozen charred gnome creatures charge across the terrain to meet with a volley of arrows fired from figures atop the churches walls. they vanish when pierced by the arrows.

the crowd from before runs through the churches open gates. a dozen or so figures stand guard outside the gate.

Baxxie
2012-09-03, 04:52 AM
"It seems getting in might be tricky. If you have a plan, I could try escorting you in before joining the combat myself." he'd tell the group. "But if it really is surrounded by foes, getting in might not be an option."

God Imperror
2012-09-03, 05:40 AM
I snap out of my sudden trance looking around and running after the others. For a moment my mind failed me. I hate when I forget what I am doing.

I look at the church and the gnomish figure assaulting.

-Well the door is open and there is a crowd entering, why not just... get into there? So many people, they might not notice us or perhaps they won't even care.

Baxxie
2012-09-03, 09:16 AM
"If we are to, then we must run as fast as we can to meet the crowd rushing in." said Andrann.

Archmage1
2012-09-03, 09:29 AM
"You know, it seems to me that the townsfolk have fortified themselves in there. No reason for them to shoot at us, as it is clear that we are not more of those things."

bindin garoth
2012-09-04, 10:38 AM
"Hopefully they'll have some healing in there....."

Tegannie
2012-09-04, 11:57 AM
"All the more reason for us to go in there, unless you want to use up our wands. Come on, let us catch up with the crowd."

Cassie heads toward the crowd heading to the church.

Tharione
2012-09-04, 03:07 PM
As Cassie approaches the church those figures guarding its main entrance wave her through. there appear to be five of them, with a sixth tending an unconscious seventh sitting propped against the wall behind them.
Two dwarves in blood-soaked heavy armor with large two handed hammers, a man in a breastplate emblazoned with a golden holy symbol, an old human man in a blue robe, a young half elven woman in a plain brown robe, and a halfling with a lute slung over his back tending the wounds of an unconscious portly human man in padded armor.

one of the dwarves continues waving Cassie inside. "Quickly! Inside! Before they rain down on ye!"

bindin garoth
2012-09-04, 03:14 PM
Axile, seeing them wave Cassie on, quickly follows her.

Baxxie
2012-09-04, 05:16 PM
Andrann, as wary as always, sticks with the group - keeping his senses open for anything dangerous.

Archmage1
2012-09-04, 06:34 PM
Bill also sticks with the group, stopping his attempts at stealth, and slowly stepping into the open. He also observes the welcoming committee.

perception[roll0] also possibly has arcane sight still activated, as he activated it just before the fight with the magma fiend.

Tegannie
2012-09-04, 06:51 PM
Cassie hurries inside, waiting just inside for her new companions. She takes a moment to look around, taking in the scene and looking for a healer who may be available.

Perception: [roll0]

Tharione
2012-09-04, 07:48 PM
Within the outer walls of the Church is a small courtyard, boasting a pond and a dozen statues of various past champions of the faith (the majority of which are now damaged to varying degrees). The church proper lies just beyond and two humans here herd you into that building.

From within the church proper resembles most places of worship. A long hall with a raised area, upon which rests an altar, at the far end. the ceiling is supported by pillared arches and is nearly forty feet high. Around eight feet up the walls are the remains of stained glass windows, smashed from without, the ironwork remains in place but the glass has gone. gray stone walls are all that can be seen through the once majestic windows. Above the altar lies an intact window depicting a nearly nude man, covered by a plain white cloth, kneeling with arms raised toward a sun. The glass sun shines brilliantly, illuminating the entire hall.

Nearly hundreds of people have gathered here, huddled among the benches in small groups. A few, better equipped looking, figures patrol the room. The majority of the people look exhausted and terrified but do not appear harmed.
and upon entering the church completely you realize why as your pain fades and your wounds slowly begin to heal. Glittering in golden light where visible.

Baxxie
2012-09-04, 08:02 PM
"This is amazing!" Andrann commented upon entering the church, sounding almost excited for a moment. "... Yet tyrannical to me. Regardless, I will preparing for combat to come - solitarily, if you do not mind." he then added, returning to his stern and stoical tone. He'd then slowly walk away from a crowd, seeking a place where he can prepare his mind and his soul for battles to come.

My prepared maneuvers are added to the Spells & Powers section of my sheet, if I have time to... "prepare" them.

God Imperror
2012-09-05, 06:32 AM
-Interesting

The healing seems so magical, I mean, there must be a source. I look over the statues trying to recognize the figures represented, what are those people praying to? They are not my familiar Seldarine, the gods of my people, but they are providing healing quite indiscriminately.

I look at Cassie glad that she made it and then look at the other men that came with us. With a wave of my hand I signal my agreement and a good bye to the knight when I look to the other two.

-Well I am Firia... I guess it was about time to introduce myself.

Archmage1
2012-09-05, 09:16 AM
Odd. If the gods are willing to expend the power to heal these people, why not fight more directly? Or perhaps that is why this place is still clear of attackers

Looking around, Bill observes the desperation present in the eyes of many of the survivors huddles here in the church. As the elf introduces herself, he stops calculating how to get rich.

"I am Bill. Nice to meet you, Firia."

I suppose I will stick with these people for a while. Greater oppertunities await.

bindin garoth
2012-09-05, 09:52 AM
"And I'm Axile. A mage of sorts." he replies back to Firia.

Axile takes the nearest seat and relaxes for a moment before saying. "So how do you guys want to proceed once we finish healing?"

Tegannie
2012-09-05, 12:11 PM
Cassie doesn't particular care what god this church is for, she's just glad for the healing and shelter.

"I'm Cassie. And tired. Perhaps we can find a place to sit?"

Tharione
2012-09-05, 09:19 PM
A dozen or so more people file into the building behind you. Most fitting the description of terrified villagers but one among them stands out.

A woman.*

a slim roughly five and a half foot tall woman bound head to toe in broad white linen cloth save for her eyes and a single, lower-back length black ponytail. A belt at her waist holding a thin, semi-transparent veil in place over the upper half of her legs serves as the only other clothing apparent. And beyond that the only apparent equipment is a golden choker about her neck and a curved scabbard upon her belt, a jeweled ivory hilt escaping from its open end.

Archmage1
2012-09-05, 09:23 PM
Upon observing the woman, Bill immediately starts guessing at the value of her items.

That stuff has to be worth a small fortune. I wonder where she sleeps...

God Imperror
2012-09-06, 09:20 AM
I look at both Cassie and Bill and follow the man's gaze, he seems distracted, it doesn't take a lot of effort to see the woman that he seems to be interested in.

I caress Casker on my shoulder and whisper to him in our unintelligible common language.

-Keep an eye on her, will you?

Then I turn back to Cassie and the others.

-Well it seems that we are among Pelorites, - not that I like them, the Sun is to bright and my people are stronger when the sun doesn't shine, at night illuminated by the stars - and they seem able to keep the demons outside. Let's go and find a place to rest or get some information on what is really going on.

Archmage1
2012-09-06, 09:24 AM
Turning to Firia as he speaks
"We do indeed seem to be among pelorites. Learning how they keep the demons away should be interesting, although I suspect that it will fall among pointless information, unless the method is mobile"

ooc: Imperror, I speak by using quotes, and italics are meant to represent a characters thoughts, not speeck.

bindin garoth
2012-09-06, 09:35 AM
Axile, while curious, says nothing as the woman walks by. He's not sure of what to think of her. Friend? Foe? Another soul attempting to hide from the terror outside?

Well, whatever she may be, he only proceeds to watch her for a little bit before turning his attention back to the group.

Perception check to notice anything else about the woman.
[roll0]

Tharione
2012-09-06, 10:21 AM
Casker nods and up to rest on a rafter.

Axile notices both that her eyes are green and that she has a diminuative brightly colored bird perched on her belt between her and the hilt of her sword.

Everyone also notices that she is bloodied, from several burns and bruises. oddly her clothing remains untarnished.

She retires to a corner and begins anxiously checking a shoulder wound for its state of healing every few seconds.

Baxxie
2012-09-06, 07:49 PM
As soon as he finds a seat for himself, Andrann firts gives a distant gaze to his new-found companions, one by one, and then slowly closes his senses to all. In heresy, he concentrates on his very soul, which wishes an end to all injustice and is bound by no gods. When done his lowly, pseudo-meditation, he'd stand up and refresh his memory of this church hall.

Tegannie
2012-09-06, 10:28 PM
Pelor, huh? Wasn't that Eric's god? Yeah, I think so, that holy symbol looks like his did. Cassie thinks to herself. She didn't know much about the gods, except for hers. All the other were grouped into "good" and "evil", more specifically: "a cleric will heal me" and "a cleric will kill me." She whispered a soft "thanks" to Pelor anyway, more out of respect for Eric's memory than anything else.

The strange woman didn't really bother Cassie: she, too, was strange when away from home, so odd people didn't grab her attention. Although, the thing with her clothes is odd...and that bird, I wonder where it's from.

Cassie shooks her head, re-focusing on the present. She wipes a few tears from her eyes, and addresses the others.

"I suppose this will make a good story, cousin. So, what shall we do now? I am tempted to go help keep the monsters at bay, once my wounds heal, although it is getting quite late and I am tired. "

bindin garoth
2012-09-07, 10:04 AM
"Well...... It looks like that woman was fighting, want to see if she'll help up?" Axile says, nodding towards the woman in the white cloth. Truth was, he was sure they'd run into that beast again, in which help might be appreciated.

God Imperror
2012-09-07, 10:06 AM
I smile to Cassie, it is nice to hear cousin coming from her lips, for a moment she seems worried, thinking about the past, then she looks relieved and I decide to ignore her teary eyes.

-This can be a great story indeed. Though I fear it is not as what I hoped, stories seem less... tiring on books.

Great, I get to live a great story and I am already tired from it, I would rather be on my bed reading some book.

-I am tempted to look for a bathtub and submerge myself in hot water with some wild violets essence and soap bubbles. Massaging my tired feet till I can properly feel them once more, yeah, that sounds like what I am truly tempted to do. If that tempts you more than the battlefield, cousin, you are invited I can rub your back and massage your shoulders.

Though I fear there are pressing matters and my bath will have to wait. Like tea, tea is always a priority. I reach into my cloak and take the flask hidden inside it, it is nice to feel the warmth of the container against my fingertips, after a long drink I offer the flask to Cassie and the others.

-Whatever we do, I advocate for not taking extraneous risks, at least until we are healed and know what is going on. For all we know this can be momentary or our help could be totally unnecessary. Bill, Axile, you seem good spotting people, and you have an eye for women, go ahead and ask for her help. Cousin, I would rather not join the battle, but if we do later we would better figure who is in charge, and perhaps we can ask for a place to stay until everything is settled.

And a bathtub.

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 10:08 AM
"Not a bad plan, although we might want to learn what she can do first."

If she joins us, robbing her becomes a bad idea. Still, she might say no. And either way, following her makes sense.

Bill will unobtrusively follow her for the time being.

stealth1d20+19 perception1d20+14

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 10:11 AM
rolls, since you can't add them in as an edit
[roll0] [roll1]

Tharione
2012-09-07, 11:58 AM
Bills stealth seems to have failed him against the womans gaze. She notices him, puts one hand on the jeweled hilt of her weapon casually, and returns to examining her injuries.

bindin garoth
2012-09-07, 02:10 PM
Axile just watches on as Bill attempts to sneak up on the woman. He figures he'll keep his eye on him for now, in case things got ugly, but otherwise just relaxes.

'If only we could somehow take this healing effect with us.....' He thinks to himself.

Tegannie
2012-09-07, 06:34 PM
"A bath does sound relaxing. Although at the moment I'd prefer a bed. I'd probably fall asleep in the water!" Cassie says, taking the offered tea. "But there are more pressing matters. How about we go look for someone in charge while the boys handle that woman?"

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 06:52 PM
Seeing her notice him, Bill decides to move more openly. He walks up to her, and starts talking.

"Hello, my name is Bill. Do you know what is going on here? One minute, everything is normal, the next thing, meteors are raining down on us. Were you near one when it hit?"

God Imperror
2012-09-07, 07:13 PM
If the boys can handle a woman. Well she is already bloodied and it is probably not going to bite them. And if she does there is Casker to see it, and tell me latter.

Let's go find a bathtub and a comfy bed, or someone in charge.

-Sure, let's go.

I start to walk towards the biggest building, people in charge tend to be in big buildings, don't they? If they used right musical identification like we used back at home it would be easier to see who was actually responsible for the settlement.

After a few steps once I am sure we are far enough from the men I close into Cassie, walking much closer to her and switch to elvish.

-The guards look quite professional, they don't seem to be receiving orders from anyone and they certainly know what they do. If they are being attacked by the same thing that hit us and they are holding their ground... its a bit scary.

There was another thing that scared me, the demonic orangutans leaped out of the inn using teleportation and as far as I could see none of those were here, nor where traces of their presence earlier. That left two options, this place was barred against teleportation magic, which was a scary though on itself as such a deed required powerful spellcasting, or a surprise attack was possible an imminent.

That reminded me, I had some blood and I needed a mirror to cast some scrying.

-Cassie, I just... remembered, we might need a mirror. I have some blood of two men that were taken from the inn, if I can scry on them well we might be able to see where they were taken and learn something of their fate. I fear my bath will have to wait, let's go find a leader and then a room for us.

OOC In italics means that she is speaking in elvish.

Tharione
2012-09-07, 07:18 PM
Within:
The woman appraises bill briefly.

He words are curt and pointed, being at the same time aggressive ad cautious.
"You are not of this place, what is your connection to it?"

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 07:19 PM
"Just passing through. And you?"

Tharione
2012-09-07, 07:25 PM
"The same..."
Her eyes appraise bill once more, her hand never leaves her weapons hilt.

"I am Ori Al'Kasaar, and I do not trust you well enough to speak of what is occurring here. I will tell you only that it will end within the hour."

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 07:28 PM
Smiling, Bill shrugs

"How do you know that? And do you know why this place has been spared?"

Tharione
2012-09-07, 07:30 PM
"I do not see how you need to know that. This place is protected by forces more powerful than those outside."

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 07:37 PM
"Come on, what harm could it do to tell me?"

Bluff[roll0]

Tharione
2012-09-07, 07:37 PM
Firia finds a stairway up to the second floor at the back of the hall which leads up to a store room with several simple straw beds set out like an overcrowded barracks.

"I trust a stranger with a sword at my throat more than a grinning one. It could do a great deal of harm if you serve the wrong beings."

God Imperror
2012-09-07, 07:55 PM
Well there goes my illusion of privacy, and my illusion for a bed, come on is not that hard to sleep on some nice comfortable warm bed. I am tired of rough nights, I've done more than enough to deserve it, maybe I shouldn't have left Sildeyuir. I had plenty of warm bathes there, and nice stories.

-Cousin this doesn't seem like a nice place to rest, any suggestion?

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 07:57 PM
"Ah. But, as it happens, I don't serve any beings, so no harm would be done in telling me."

bluff[roll0]

Tharione
2012-09-07, 08:05 PM
"Even under the assumption i could trust you, you still have no need to know. And that aside you seem far too interested, I've seen you watching me from the moment i entered here, skulking like a thief. I will suffer your inquisitions no longer. Be gone."

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 08:10 PM
"Interesting. You have been watching me from the start as well, and you have asked as many questions as I. You seem to be rather suspicious to me. What reason do I have to trust you? I would say that one who refuses to answer questions would tend to be more suspicious than one who does."

Tharione
2012-09-07, 08:16 PM
blinks in disbelief.

"You have absolutely no reason to trust me."

She looks at the floor and her gaze softens for a moment.

"If there is one person in this room you shouldn't trust it is probably me."

He gaze locks back onto bills and hardens once more.

"So go."

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 09:52 PM
"So, the question then becomes, why?"

Tharione
2012-09-07, 10:36 PM
Rather than answer Bill she pushes past him and heads for the exit of the church.

Archmage1
2012-09-07, 10:48 PM
Speaking in a loud voice as she pushes past him, Bill reveals his thoughts:
"So you ARE responsible for this. Why are they looking for you?"

bluff[roll0]

Tegannie
2012-09-08, 11:49 AM
Cassie follows Firia, responding to her questions in Elvish "Yes, that is a bit scary, I wonder if that woman has something to with it. And unfortunately, I don't have a mirror or know of where to find one. I never really carried much, usually Sandriae had stuff like that..."

Once they reach the beds, she replies, "Looks fine to me. It's not what I'd prefer, no, but it's better than trancing on the hard, cold ground. Unfortunately, I would guess that these are for specific people, not for just anyone. We may want to search further. Although if you don't mind I would like to take a second to meditate."

Cassie sits cross-legged on one of the bed and takes a deep breathe focusing her psionic energy. When done she stands up saying, "Shall we search further?

OCC:
Taking a full round move action to become psionicly-focused, will roll in OCC. (I forgot I have a feat that lets me do this as move action.)

How late it is getting to be?

Tharione
2012-09-08, 12:05 PM
Bills comment does nothing to stop Ori's progress through the exit doors. but it does spark unease and discussion among the many villagers present. Their speech grows louder slowly as they all seek to speak over each other among themselves.

God Imperror
2012-09-08, 12:13 PM
I look at Cassie, well, she is right, that is probably better than cold floor. A pity though?

-Sandriae?

I whisper, almost to myself, and regret it, Cassie doesn't seem to be okay with her past, I would rather not have an emotional crisis, if she decides to talk she would do on her time.

-Yeah, let's keep searching, I doubt that those straw beds are leading the operation. Lead the way.

Tegannie
2012-09-08, 12:32 PM
"A...friend of mine... Cassie pauses, then shakes her head again. "Anyway, lets head downstairs again, there doesn't seem to be anything but beds up here."

Tharione
2012-09-08, 10:01 PM
Some among the crowd decide to follow the woman out, demanding answers. They shout for those guarding the main entrance to stop her.

Archmage1
2012-09-08, 10:04 PM
Bill simply observes, wondering how she will react.

bindin garoth
2012-09-09, 08:25 PM
Axile watches in amusement as the woman walks away, and the crowd insisting on sending her out. He doesn't think she did it, but there wasn't anything he could do to stop the crowd.

Instead, he just keeps an eye while watching her walk away.

Tharione
2012-09-09, 10:37 PM
A series of loud explosions and shouts can be heard outside! Those villagers who tailed the woman rush back into the church proper, alongside them is a dwarf in full plate mail carrying the old man who was guarding the entrance into the healing light of the church.

The dwarf shouts:
"Any of yah who can fight, we need every able hand at the main gate now!"

And then heads back for outside.

Archmage1
2012-09-09, 10:43 PM
Bill shrugs, before heading towards the exit, loading his crossbow as he goes.

Might be able to get more information out of that girl, if I demonstrate that I am helpful. If not, still something interesting

So, Bill will try to hide, so that he gets a Sneak attack against whatever is attacking stealth [roll0]. he will also take a good look at whatever is attacking [roll1]
OOC: are we fully healed, if not, how many hp did we get back?

God Imperror
2012-09-10, 06:12 AM
-Let's go.

I start moving downstairs. A friend of hers? It's been a long time since I've been alone. I miss my friends too. Wonder how everyone is doing back at home.

-Are you familiar with the faith of Pelor? It's been a long time since I studied them.

ooc knowledge (religion) [roll0] to know where any high ranking priest should be at the temple

Tegannie
2012-09-10, 07:15 AM
Cassie goes downstairs as well, saying, "Not very, no. I know he is not evil, and his holy symbol is a sun. I have..had a friend who was a cleric of Pelor."

bindin garoth
2012-09-10, 09:23 PM
Axile follows the commotion, trying to see exactly what happened.

Tharione
2012-09-10, 09:57 PM
Within:
Those descending the stairs arrive in the main hall again, to see many of the better equipped people in the room rushing outside.

Firia, cassie, and andraan heal an additional point of health.

Outside:
Bill and Axile rush outside along with the dwarf and three men from within the church. Atop the outer wall they can see archers attempting to contend with rust colored apes striking at them viciously with claws. Through the main gate they can see a small window of the goings on outside the walls: a hulking molten creature like the one before knocks one of those guarding the entrance aside like a rag-doll before being sliced across the belly by a tumbling Ori.

Archmage1
2012-09-10, 11:13 PM
Well, If this won't convince her I can be trusted, I don't know what will
Moving closer, Bill fires his crossbow at the magma Fiend, figuring that it would not be expecting such a shot.

take a move to move closer, then shoot the crossbow at it. I hope I get sneak attack. attack[roll0] sneak attack damage [roll1] steal sla: Fireball damage[roll2]

Tegannie
2012-09-10, 11:26 PM
Seeing the people running, Cassie creates another white arrow and follows them, saying, "Here we go again, I suppose."

Baxxie
2012-09-11, 10:42 AM
Andrann would rush out at the dwarf's call. Upon seeing the magma fiend, and having taken his lesson, Andrann tries to approach the large creature more carefully.

I'd like to try walking into a square adjacent to the fiend, using total defence too. (25 AC with total defense.)

Tharione
2012-09-11, 11:39 AM
The sneak attack bounces harmlessly off of the creatures armor, but alerts it to the presence of Bill and other incoming opposition.

Archmage1
2012-09-12, 09:09 AM
Seeing his attack bounce off harmlessly, Bill shakes his head, muttering to himself in seeming anger, and disappears.

Cast invisibility, make a move to be behind the creature, drawing the daggers as he moves

God Imperror
2012-09-12, 09:47 AM
-Here we go again. Casker, to me.

I smile at Cassie, here we go again, against that stupid molten beast. I don't like those things. No, not at all.

-May my steps be light and aid me in the fight.-With the incantations of the spell I feel at ease as the battle seems to shift into a slower pace. I know that Cassie, Casker, Axile, Bill and the knight should feel equally hastened.

haste on everyone

Tharione
2012-09-12, 04:53 PM
Andraan marches up to the demon with supreme caution while Bill vanishes from sight, From their position outside the walls they can see this demon and the ones on the walls are not the only assailants. Another Large molten beast stands at the northern corner of the front wall facing off against the remaining gate defenders from before and a small group of burned gnome creatures is charging across the span unhindered with the archers otherwise occupied.

The large molten beast slams a fist into the ground where the nimble Ori was only moments before. Sending dirt into the air around the point of impact.

The guardians on the ground fight as a coordinated team to fight their demon, injuring it effectively. but they seem to be severely injured themselves.

The archers on the walls concentrate on the ape menace attacking them.

Baxxie
2012-09-12, 06:17 PM
Standing as firm as always, Andrann knew he had to get in - he had to get closer to the monster, and fight in close quarters as he was not used to. He lacked the size adventage, so he stepped up, and with his step also came his sword in a slashing manner into the creature. Right after that, he used his sword to parry a claw of the demon, and then attempted to stab it right into the chest of the monster with sheer strength and zeal combined. As soon as his sword thrusted, he used his shoulders, his chest, and all of his body's strength combined to push down the demon - working every bit of a muscle in his body for this moment of the combat.

[roll0] Haste attack
[roll1] Divine surge maneuver
[roll2] I would like to try tripping with my 2nd attack (Divine Surge one), using Knock-down.

[roll3] Haste attack damage
[roll4] Divine surge attack damage
[roll5] Divine surge maneuver damage

Tegannie
2012-09-12, 08:33 PM
Cassie runs to just close enough to hit the thing staying as close to the entrance to the church as she can and flings her arrow.

Moving just close enough to shoot the thing,
Attack: [/roll]1d20+13[/roll]
Base damage: [roll0]
Frost damage: [roll1]

Archmage1
2012-09-12, 10:34 PM
Bill re-appears behind the monster, striking at it furiously with his daggers, going for weak points in the armor
So, invisibility, and flanking, gives me +4 to attack, although, sadly, that will go to +2 after this round.
Will list sneak attacks by order of hits, rather than by order of attacks, as the first sneak attack will be for 1d6, with the other 2 die stealing fireball, and fire resistance, giving Bill 10 points of damage reduction vs fire for a minute. Note that the damage rolls have a minimum value of 1
attack 1 [roll0] damage[roll1] magebane[roll2]
attack 2 [roll3] damage[roll4](10) magebane[roll5]
attack 3 [roll6] damage[roll7] magebane[roll8]
attack 4 [roll9] damage[roll10](14) magebane[roll11]
sneak attack 1 [roll12]
sneak attack 2 [roll13]
sneak attack 3 [roll14]
sneak attack 4 [roll15]

bindin garoth
2012-09-12, 10:51 PM
Axile, seeing the monster again, is scared. They have not only this one to deal with, but many others. And he had used up a great deal of energy on the first monster, how would they fight against all of these?

He feels a bit more comforted when he feels the effects of Firia's Haste spell. He knows, that with everyone working together, they could defeat this enemy. If only he had a way to bind the enemy itself to him, he could gain even more power........ Perhaps........

He shakes his head, clearing his thoughts. Now wasn't the time to think.

Axile, now focused, raises his right hand towards the giant lava creature, and by simply pointing at it, releases a thin, focused beam of black energy at the foe. It doesn't seem to harm it, but it's attacks seems to be weaker.

Using Strength-Draining Blast:
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
If hit, suffers a -9 to strength for 4 rounds.

Tharione
2012-09-12, 11:32 PM
Cassie and Axiles beams both strike home, to little apparent effect other than angering the demon further.

Ori waits to see what will be done by those now charging into the fray. Andraan furiously strikes at the belly of the beast causing a major gash in its side which spews flame. However, the stalwart knight is knocked flat by force of his own blow it seems.

Bill appears behind the creature and unleashes a flurry of vicious strikes in between the creatures back-plates. Each wound spilling burning flames onto the rogue but leaving it heavily wounded.

The mysterious Ori decides to now deliver a kick to the creatures jaw, striking with great grace and precision and knocking the creature to the ground, unconcious.

"Harm it no further, attack the still conscious ones."

The other guardians struggle with their respective demons and the charging gnome-creatures are within a round of arriving.

Archmage1
2012-09-13, 12:14 AM
"Still think we are your enemies, Ori?"
Before she can respond, Bill disappears again.
So, Bill casts invisibility, and makes a move towards the second magma fiend.
probably irrelevant, but...
move silently[roll0]
hide[roll1]

God Imperror
2012-09-13, 05:30 AM
How the hell did she do that? I mean she just kicked it and it fell and... wow. What is she anyway? I look at Casker with an intrigued look, did he saw anything worthwile?

-Casker, what is that woman?- My question is in the language that a familiar shares with its master, hoping to get some secrecy from whatever she is.

I observe her, her movements, trying to think of any sort of relevant knowledge that might be on the back of my head.

Baxxie
2012-09-13, 06:53 AM
Slowly standing up, Andrann looks down to the beast from his helmet's visor. "I don't know how to kill a demon..." he says, and then continues. "... But I am willing to trust my sword. I can't allow this thing to exist here... like this... At my worst chance, I would be willing it back at its home, where it shall be returned back to its... eternal damnation."

Tharione
2012-09-13, 10:03 AM
Casker returns the hushed conversation:
"I believe the beast was already close to death when she knocked it out. I cannot really tell with certainty her species Mistress, Her clothing obscures most of her features."

Tegannie
2012-09-13, 08:06 PM
Seeing the beast almost slain, Cassie turns her attention to those attacking the guardians. She flings multiple arrows at them:

Four attacks, at any of the creatures attacking the people:
Attack 1: [roll0]
Base Damage: [roll1]
Cold Damage: [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3]
Base Damage: [roll4]
Cold Damage: [roll5]

Attack 3: [roll6]
Base Damage: [roll7]
Cold Damage: [roll8]

Attack 4: [roll9]
Base Damage: [roll10]
Cold Damage: [roll11]

bindin garoth
2012-09-14, 07:53 PM
Axile is glad the beast is down. Even better, it's still alive! Oh, he must study it! Gain its power!......

And the sounds of battle awake him from his thoughts. It didn't matter what he wanted to do right now, there were still threats in the area. That knight better not kill that creature before he studies it.......

Axile takes in a deep breath, and breathes heavily over the palm of his hand. The breath quickly seems to come to life, forming a seeming miniature tornado, which quickly rushes up to the apes targeted by Cassie's arrows and attacks the foes. Axile just watches for the moment, seeing how much more will be needed. Sure, it wasn't as strong as the magma elemental he had summoned before, but it could still do some damage. Besides, he didn't want to waste any more of his arcane energies switch inbetween his "modes." That first battle had be taxing on his energies; he would be forced to draw upon his emergency strong reserves if he had to switch again, and then he'd be stuck with the chosen "modes" until the next morning. Well, at least he would have his smaller spells.

While Axile is lost in his thoughts, the air elemental rushes forth, charging into the nearest ape.

Using my Summoning the Elements ability, summoning a small Air Elemental. The elemental rushes the same ape targeted by Cassie, charging it (+2 hit, -2AC).

Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

God Imperror
2012-09-15, 08:51 AM
Well I will deal with her later on. The demon is certainly interesting, it is not disappearing so it might not be a summon. I am familiar enough with the traps of summoning, I myself have been summoned in the past, to know that if it is not summoned it might be a problem later. I walk towards the fallen demon slowly while drawing the sword, I feel relieved as the black fumes start swirling around me, conferring me a sinister aura.

-Please, disappear.

As I finish the sentence I drop the sword with all my might trying to separate the demon's head from its shoulders, and clarify if it was called or just summoned into the material plane.

Tharione
2012-09-15, 11:35 AM
Axiles air elemental charges forth and delivers a vicious punch to the nearest apes face, the ape appears both amused and unharmed.

Firia brings down her blade into the ground adjacent to the demons head.

Cassie unleashes a volley of arrows toward the invaders on the walls. The first two strike the foremost ape in the side and thigh but appear to have no more affect than snowballs.

Andraan rises from prone and says his peace as Bill vanishes once more from sight. Ori charges the more northern meteor demon, swinging at the creature and missing with her jeweled scimitar.

The burnt gnomes get within charging distance while the northern demon blasts its immediate area with a fireball. reducing those fighting it to unconscious or dead aside from Ori, who appears completely unaffected.

The wall archers take a more defensive posture on realization that their arrows are no good against the apes. Those not immediately threatened concentrate a volley on the incoming gnomes.

Tegannie
2012-09-15, 11:39 AM
Seeing her arrows do little against the apes, Cassie focuses her attention on the flaming gnomes. Hopefully the frost in my arrows will hurt them.. She flings four more arrows at the gnomes.

Archmage1
2012-09-15, 03:11 PM
Seeing that Ori is almost in a position to flank the fiend with him, Bill takes a 5-foot step to complete the flank, before attacking wildly with his daggers.

Take a 5-foot step for the flank, and then full round attack
min damage is a 1
haste attack[roll0] damage[roll1] magebane[roll2]
left attack 1[roll3] damage[roll4] magebane[roll5]
right attack 1[roll6] damage[roll7] magebane[roll8]
left attack 2[roll9] damage[roll10] magebane[roll11]
right attack 2[roll12] damage[roll13] magebane[roll14]

sneak attack 1[roll15]
sneak attack 2[roll16]
sneak attack 3[roll17]
sneak attack 4[roll18]
sneak attack 5[roll19]

possible crits[roll20], [roll21], [roll22]
bonus damage
[roll23] [roll24] [roll25]

Baxxie
2012-09-16, 08:54 AM
Currently leaving this fallen foe for later, Andrann charged against the nearest fiend just like his companions. Holding his sword in a firm grip, he tries to thrust towards the chest of the beast.

Assuming I can't use a maneuver as part of charge attack:

Attack roll: [roll0] 5 points power attack
Damage: [roll1] Valorous weapon doubles: Normally, 2d6+13, but with 5 points power attack, it became 2d6+23. Doubled it.

bindin garoth
2012-09-16, 07:09 PM
Axile, seeing the elemental's attack doesn't do much, instead commands it to rush the gnomes targeted by Cassie. It follows its masters commands, rushing the neared gnome and ramming it square in the face, hoping to deal some damage to it.

Axile, however, is angered by the fact that one of his "allies" tried to kill off a potential research subject! Unfortunately, though, now was not the time to be fighting each other. They were still in danger from the attack. So, instead he sends out another dark beam of energy at the other fiendish magma elemental thing, hoping to weaken it to prevent it from hurting his allies.

Using the Strength Draining Blast:
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]

Suffers a -9 penalty to strength for 4 rounds.

The elemental charges the nearest flaming gnome. +2 hit, -2 AC

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

God Imperror
2012-09-17, 04:44 AM
Well if that wasn't anticlimactic I didn't know what was anticlimactic. For sure in stories you defeat the evil monster with one stroke and I cannot even hit one who is on the ground in front of me? Well Whatever, I can keep trying here but its hide is going to stop most of the power of my blow and there are many threats remaining. I look around eyeing Cassie and her arrows pointed in the direction of those fiery gnomes. I wonder what they are for a second, what do fiery gnomes fear?

I start to walk towards the gnomes, approaching them until I am close enough to see them clearly, then I raise my sword in a completely defensive manner.

OOC Walk away from the downed meteor demon, carefully to not provoke AoO (just in case) and getting 30 feet away from the gnomes, total defense action AC 22 20% concealment

Tharione
2012-09-17, 11:26 AM
Axiles air elemental strikes the creature to no apparent effect other than a light sizzling sound as some of the elemental dissipates on contact with the fiend. But his beam strikes the creature soundly.

Firia proceeds out to confront these creatures that look much like gnomes but with their skin completely charred and with long, razor claws. taking her defensive stance.

Cassie unleashes a barrage of icy arrows, knocking one of the incoming gnome-like things to the ground.

Andraan charges the large fiend beast! Putting all of his weight into a single rush at the creatures molten underbelly. The creature swings a molten fist into his path but the glancing blow far from stops the charging warrior and his blade strikes true, cutting a deep flaming gash into the beast.

Bill appears behind the creature and strikes in a blur of precision attacks in between the metallic armor plates of the beast. With a final Strike between its vertebrae the creature bellows upward into the cold night air, flame pouring from its throat.

Ori's eyes widen and she shouts "Cover!", before ducking out of the way.

The molten demon then proceeds to explode. Sending burning fragments of metallic rock, molten lava, and burning slag in every direction.

The apes on the walls holler and shout at this, apparently pleased by its destructive nature despite the death of their ally. They then vanish from sight.

The three remaining charred small creatures approach the one who came out toward them, they stop short of her and begin making taunting gestures. The fourth, who was unconscious via cassies assault, stands and looks around.

The archers, now free of their ape assailants, take aim at the gnomish creatures. managing to hit them all with arrows, although the majority of the shots bounce off of the creatures' hides harmlessly a few manage to sink in. To the fiendish little gnomes delight it seems.

Archmage1
2012-09-17, 11:31 AM
Shaking his head, and reeling from the explosion, covered in dust, debris, and some molten rock, with many scratches, regardless, Bill is smiling.
"Toasty. And Painful. Glad I could acquire some fire resistance for that fight. So, Ori, am I still untrustable?"

As he speaks, Bill begins heading for the remaining fiendish gnomes.

Figuring that it will take a move action or 2 to get into range, and Bill does not really want to get into the fight without flanking bonuses

Tharione
2012-09-17, 12:19 PM
Ori snaps and shouts at bill.
"You are an incessant pest, a literal backstabber who constantly flaps his mouth in the middle of a battle with innocent lives at stake! Your trustworthiness is no longer the issue."

Archmage1
2012-09-17, 12:22 PM
"Come on, you know you love it. Besides, I could be inside cowering, not out here helping. Besides, talking does not make fighting impossible, but it does make it more interesting."

God Imperror
2012-09-17, 12:30 PM
-Be careful, those apes might come back. And something just hit me in the back.

Thanks Corellion that I moved from that body, I guess that the explosion would have been a pain in the ass to deal with. But that confirmed my fears, those demons were actually in the material they weren't just summoned... Whoever had called them was strong.

But if the orangutans are gone, and the meteor demon just exploded there are only the Jovoc to deal with.

-Jovoc, your assault is broken, run and despair.

Well the Jovoc and the flirtatious human, who was more worried about getting laid than dealing with the enemy.

Never outnumbered: Intimidate check (DC) [roll0] as a move action to frighten them (Imperious command) for a round and shaken during the next.
Haunting melody Inspire Awe: Perform check (DC) [roll1] as a standard action to make them cower for as long as firia performs +1 a round

The intimidate is to any enemy who can hear her in 30 feet, and the haunting melody inspire awe to any enemy who is in 60 feet.

Tegannie
2012-09-18, 12:15 AM
Cassie continues to fire arrows. She considers releasing her psionic charge with one of them, but decides to save it for something bigger.

bindin garoth
2012-09-18, 10:04 AM
OOC: Ok, so after re-reading the previous DM post, no blasting :smallfrown:. It'd just be a waste.

Axile watches the gnomes fight before him. Truth be told, he was getting tired of the little pests. If he wanted to, he could just snap his fingers and blow them all away!

Or he would of if he had his powers from before. He lets out a singular sigh, he wanted to regain his previous powers so much. It was painful to fight in his current state...

Well, there is still something I can do! He focuses the arcane energies within him to his hands, forming a small white ball of glowing energy. He proceeds to slam the energy into the ground, quickly forming a magic circle around him, where a multitude of weapons come out and strike the gnomes! Of course, he has to be careful to not strike Bill.....

The air element fizzles out, as the energies that were keeping it alive were used up.....

Using the Conjuration Burst attack. 15ft burst, Hitting as many gnomes as I can without hitting any allies.

[roll0] Bldg, Slashing, and Piercing damage. Reflex save DC 21 for half. If the reflex save is failed, suffers a -2 to attack rolls, -10ft to all speeds, lasting for [roll1] rounds.

Baxxie
2012-09-18, 06:24 PM
Andrann doesn't say a word. Smoke and ash covering his skin, he merely stands up from some twenty feet away from the armored demon, to where he had flown thanks to the explosion. He does not even gaze at his companions, for he has a more important task: To find where to his sword had blown after the explosion. In pain, and appearing smoked from head to toe - with flesh and armor included, albeit lacking burnt flesh thanks to his armor. He also took his time to unclip his cape - which had now been charred way too much for him to wear it furthermore.

After leaving his cape on the snow, he'd slowly acquire his greatsword. Holding it at its center with his gauntleted hand, he would then turn to face the group, his gaze shifting from one of them to another. He sure didn't like his group all too much, especially the two lads.

They were still fighting - some of them - but now Andrann was too tired to fight any further. "Take care of the small ones, kid!" he shouted to Bill. Regardless, while his right hand gripped his greatsword's blade, his left hand would grip its hilt - just in case.

Tharione
2012-09-18, 07:18 PM
A sudden Burst slices washes over two of the hairless black gnomes, leaving bruises and lacerations from their top to bottom. Oddly Firia, who was removed from the blast, shows similar lacerations.

Firias glare and words cease the three creatures near hers' taunting and leaves them cowering before her. They cover their heads and shudder in place. moving their hands to cover their ears to keep out the haunting music she begins to create.

Cassies first Arrow strikes home, piercing the nearest gnome creatures shoulder and leaving a ring of frozen blood to mark its passing. the second arrow lacks concentration and goes wild, striking harmlessly in the snow, but before it even lands she redoubles her efforts, takes aim, and strikes the creature in the chest with her remaining two shots causing the creature to cease cowering and fall over unconcious. With every strike of an arrow upon a gnomish creature a bloody mark appears upon Firias clothing, or a new wound opens on her exposed skin.

Bill rushes over to the cowering jovocs, the bloodstained snow crunching beneath his feet with every hurried step. He arrives within melee range of the nearest one.

Ori responds, "Are you a madman? People are dying out here and you speak as if this is some sort of game!".

The wounds of the injured jovocs begin to heal, although the unconscious one remains unconscious. the one neither cowered nor unconscious meets the dash of the rushing rogue and charges bill with a claw. but its claw falls short.

The pounding of heavy footsteps and footprints seemingly appearing on their own ends with a rust colored ape appears from thin air swinging its claws at an off-guard Andraan. Tearing into a joint in the warriors armor, and into the flesh beneath.

The second ape appears flanking with the first but Ori meets the creatures unseen charge. He scimitar connects with the creatures arm but leaves no wound.

"Dishonorable beasts! Hold fast knight, I am with you."

the apes path blocked, it cannot reach the knight and instead swings wildly at the woman, missing with every swing.

Andraan and Ori now stand back to back between the two ape assailants.

The guards on the wall take aim on the gnomes and fire. Doing nothing effective.

Archmage1
2012-09-18, 07:38 PM
Well now, time to end their misery and fear.

"Ori, life is a game, when you die, you lost. But while you are alive, you should LIVE!"

Bill proceeds to start killing the terrified jovocs, simply slitting their throats.

if the current jovoc dies, he will take a 5 foot step to get in range of another, trying to kill as many as possible while they are cowering(and thus sneak attackable) min damage is 1. if Bill has a flank, he gets +2 attack.
right haste attack [roll0] damage[roll1] magebane[roll2] sneak attack[roll3]
right 2attack [roll4] damage[roll5] magebane[roll6] sneak attack[roll7]
right 2nd attack attack [roll8] damage[roll9] magebane[roll10] sneak attack[roll11]
left 1attack [roll12] damage[roll13] magebane[roll14] sneak attack[roll15]
left 2nd attack attack [roll16] damage[roll17] magebane[roll18] sneak attack[roll19]

Baxxie
2012-09-18, 07:50 PM
Andrann is at first caught off-guard, taking a slam by the monster's claw, but he is quick to respond afterwards. Surely he is not the most agile of people out there, not the one for acrobatics, but he has a warrior's training and knows just fine how to parry. With a quick lifting of his sword, he easily parried the second attack of the demon, and then tried a quick cut into the chest of the beast.

Although he still fought, Andrann looked heavily bloodied. Fire had the best of him, the steaming hot rocks hitting his chest had left him breathless; and the claw surely cracked a rib of his just now. Bits of blood trailed by the side of his face, yet unseen thanks to his helmet's visor, and an internal bleeding surely was present at his right breast and shoulder. Regardless, he would silently let his sword speak instead of his tongue, as he would concentrate into a single powerful and zealous blow given as an arched swing curving downwards.

I use Elder Mountain Hammer for 6d6 extra damage. I guess the monster may have some damage reduction; if it does, Elder Mountain Hammer will ignore it.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damge
[roll2] Hammer

Tegannie
2012-09-18, 10:42 PM
"Ha, HA! Take that, foul creatures!" Cassie yells as her arrows hit."And take that, Fate!"

Cassie flings more arrows, but notices Firia's wounds as she does so. Where are those coming from?

God Imperror
2012-09-19, 06:35 AM
I consider for a second shutting Bill's foul mouth with a spell, it would be easy, magic would erupt around him keeping him quiet long enough to concentrate. Although of course that would also impede the hearing of those foul beasts. It seems that for the moment I would have to deal with it.

I dance moving myself gracefully, towards the apes, but still keeping an eye open on the Jovocs, I move carefully as always, I don't know what hit me, but it might be lurking around better not give it a chance.

-Dance to my merry song, be my puppets for long!

With a flip of my hand I take the silvered violin bow and make it move around my head, like a sword I signal the two Bar-lguras.

ooc
Firia moves trying to get in range of the Bar-lguras, (30 feet) while still being at least 60, hopefully 30 feet away from the remaining Jovoc. How big is the room we are fighting on?

-Uses fugue (perform[roll0]) to nauseate for a round Will negates DC 22 (this has 30 feet range she intends to at least affect both apes).
-Uses haunting melody to render enemies within 30 feet shaken for 13 rounds will DC 23
-Since she kept performing his inspire Awe the apes should save against it, DC as above.

bindin garoth
2012-09-19, 10:37 PM
Axile sees that the foes are trying to overwhelm them. Unfortunately, because they're split up in two groups, it just makes it that much harder to affect all of them. Between that, and where his allies are in melee range, he decides against any area attacks, and decided to focus on single target blasting against these foes.

He conjures his arcane energies forth, summoning a small glowing orb of energy in front of his outstreched hand. Taking the orb, he swallows it, causing a brief flare up of multi-colored energies around him! Unfortunately, the focus required for this doesn't allow him to assault a foe this round.

Going for 4th level spells now!

Sacrificing a 4th level slot for the Evocation Bind. Choosing the Elemental Assault and Mystical Blasting effects.

Time for some blasting (next round though :smallmad:)

Tharione
2012-09-19, 11:53 PM
After Axiles minor display Firias music and accompanied conducting leave both of the apes a shade greener and sends the far one fleeing north 40' at an unsteady pace. The Jovoc no longer appear cowed by the womans antics but still gaze on her with mortal terror.

Cassies volley of arrows shows uncanny accuracy and strikes a Jovoc repeatedly doing mostly minor damage, save for one which hits just above its eye. With each that strikes similar wounds appear on both Bill and Firia.

Andraan strikes between the neck and shoulder of the ape and nearly completely wedges the breadth of his blade into the rust colored foe. Blood sprays from its wound as it collapses under the strike.

Baxxie
2012-09-20, 04:19 AM
Tired and pained, Andrann quickly pulled out his sword with a ferocious roar from the body of the ape, and turned one hundered and eighty degrees in a single movement. Quickly, he placed his foot before Ori's in a protecive manner and, with all his strength that exposed him defenseless, he tried to cut into the ape's chest from right underneath. As he pushed his blade, were it to hit, he would crush the beast once more with the shoulders of his body that was momentarily placed beneath ape's chest. With his shoulders and his sword, he'd try to push the ape off his feet using all of his strength.

[roll0] 5 Points PA
[roll1] Bonecrusher maneuver
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Trip

If it trips, I should get a free attack I believe:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Tegannie
2012-09-20, 06:47 AM
Wait, are my arrows also injuring Firia? What are those things?!

Despite her arrows apparently hurting her friend, Cassie continues flinging arrows. Sorry cousin.

Archmage1
2012-09-20, 09:30 AM
Well, this isn't working. Time to go for some distracted opponents.
Bill moves to flank the Jovocs attacking Andaran/Ori

so, more attacks without sneak attacks. This will probably be Bill's last round in this fight. Just ignore attacks as you choose. Probably only get a standard action, so either choose good two weapon fighting, allowing a standard attack to attack with both weapons, or bad two weapon fighting, allowing only one attack as a standard.
dagger haste attack[roll0] dam[roll1] magebane[roll2]
dagger 1 attack[roll3] dam[roll4] magebane[roll5]
dagger 2 attack[roll6] dam[roll7] magebane[roll8]
dagger 1 2 attack[roll9] dam[roll10] magebane[roll11]
dagger 2 2 attack[roll12] dam[roll13] magebane[roll14]
er... I used the wrong attack base. Subtract 5 from all of these attacks.

Tharione
2012-09-20, 11:47 AM
(above round continued)

Bill strikes viciously at the panicked jovoc but his daggers find no purchase in the flesh.

Ori charges the fleeing creature wielding her scimitar in two hands she strikes viciously for the creature. She slices cleanly into the beast and leaves it dazed from the strike.

The Jovoc scamper off in all different directions save for the one adjacent to Bill, who laughs at him, and the unconscious one which cease being unconscious and crawls off five feet northward.

The wall archers head off along the wall to tend to the wounded up there.

God Imperror
2012-09-20, 02:27 PM
Well those stupid little pest are hard to kill, they keep getting up. Taking only a small step I direct the cacophony to hit again bot apes while keeping up the performance.

Whatever hit me earlier I hope won't hit me again, it was probably some ability of the small demons and if they run away I will probably be safe for now.

OOC
Perform check for the first Ape (the one that tried to run away) [roll0] (it takes 3d6 of sonic damage) , and for the second [roll1] (it takes 3d6 of nonlethal damage). Firia readies an action to make an intimidate check, as a move action, to any enemy that closes into her at melee.

bindin garoth
2012-09-20, 10:10 PM
Having finished his bindings, Axile decides it's finally time to send these creatures back to their home plane. For a moment, the very air seems to freeze around him as he focuses on the nearest jovac. His very glare seems to drain the heat from the fiendish thing, before he quickly points towards the it. Upside him, two mystic beams of pure cold pour out and rush the demon, striking him and leaving parts of him frozen.

However, seeing the first beam drops the foe, Axile quickly redirects the second beam to the crawling jovac. He refuses to let them get away after all they've done to the group. He'll just have to find other, less aggravating ones later on to experiment on.......

Full attack the jovac laughting, then the crawling jovac.

Attack roll:
Ranged touch: [roll0]
Cold Damage: [roll1]

Ranged touch: [roll2]
Cold Damage: [roll3]

Tharione
2012-09-20, 10:37 PM
Axiles first blast of cold makes the laughing Jovoc emit a high pitched squeal and vanish into thin air. Bill collapses. Bills second blast flies over top the prone jovoc.

Firias ministrations cause the unconscious ape to gurgle and the fleeing one to shudder, but little else.

(mid round pause)

Baxxie
2012-09-21, 04:21 AM
Seeing the ape fleeing, Andrann charged alongside Ori - although, surely, not as fast as her. Holding his sword with both hands, he tried to hit the ape down with one powerful swing.

Well, rolls are in the OOC. I thought Tharione could be waiting for me to write something.

Tharione
2012-09-21, 11:13 AM
After Cassies first arrow the jovoc is once again unconscious and after her next it is slain, vanishing into thin air.

Andraans blade cleanly removes the apes head moments after Oris injures the beast.

Ori takes quick appraisal of the battlefield.

"Get the wounded inside then kill the large one from a distance."

she then proceeds to grab two of the nearest bodies and drag them back inside the church hall.

bindin garoth
2012-09-21, 02:53 PM
Well, Axile's disappointed. He wanted to study that demon, perhaps gain some power. But now he couldn't do it, for surely people would react if he did anything of the like.

Instead, he simply walks back with the others, and waits for everyone to clear the area. He then proceeds to fire another ray of cold energy at the unconscious magma beast, figuring it was enough to kill it.

Move back to max distance away. (40ft)

Ranged Touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Tharione
2012-09-21, 03:08 PM
(Although this is presumably long after everyone is inside)

The demon explodes when it is shot, leaving a sizable crater.

Archmage1
2012-09-21, 08:14 PM
Almost immediately after the last demon dies, you can see a woman in red flying down from the heavens. She is tattooed, and as she approaches, you can see that she is an elf, and from her equipment, and the glow of spells around her, probably a mage. Once she lands, she starts walking towards you.

"Hello, do you know what is going on? One minute I was resting in a tavern, and the next it is on fire, and there are these demons everywhere. You seem to be the only group that I could see from the air that is still alive, and fighting. I figured that I have a better chance of ending this threat working with others than I do alone, so I approached you. I am sorry for the loss of your ally."

Tegannie
2012-09-21, 09:26 PM
"I don't think anyone knows what's going on, cousin." Cassie says to the new-comer while helping others inside. "Except maybe that woman," she indicates Ori, "and what do you mean, loss of our ally?" Then Cassie sees Bill's body. "Oh, him...we'd just met. Barely even got each others' names..."

A look of distress comes across Cassie's face and she continues to help people in. At least i didnt just run and hide this time. Although, maybe I should've run out there with my wand.. Cassie seems to have completely forgot about the newcomer.

Archmage1
2012-09-21, 09:41 PM
"It is always sad to see one so young die. Sadly, that often seems to be the way of it. You seem to be injured. Perhaps we should head inside the church, where there might be healing?"

As she talks, the elf is looking at each of the companions, studying them carefully.

Tharione
2012-09-21, 09:44 PM
"Fool tempted fate with his words and then lost his own game."

Ori shakes her head.

"Yes, I know what is occurring here. But first things come first, there are people still breathing out here that won't be much longer if we do not act."

She drags her two unconscious people toward the inside of the church.

Archmage1
2012-09-21, 09:53 PM
Mariel follows Ori into the church

God Imperror
2012-09-22, 05:37 AM
I observe the battle end, when the last Jovoc falls to the ground and the ape's head is cut from its shoulder. I look at the fallen while listening to the mysterious woman with the jeweled sword. Well, adult human bodies seem to heavy for me to carry, and I was probably not going to be able to move any of those, even if I tried.

I look at the knight with a smile.

-Sir knight, my strength is much below yours and I doubt I would even be able to lift a body, those men need attention, and fast, could you carry them?

I walk towards Bill and kneels at his side. Silence at last, it is ironically not comforting, this is something also left out on stories, death is so final... so sudden. The stupid man had kept to close to the Jovoc and that had been its downfall, a pretty futile way to die if you asked me.

-May Sehanine Moonbow fire your soul to the place where your God abides.

Said that, the piece of meat in front of me that was Bill earlier is no longer, it is just a dead body, which soul has been taken care. And a dead body carrying valuable resources.

-Veil be free, let me see.

With the words I see the magical auras emanating from the dead body, and proceeds to take the magical objects that emit them, placing most of them in the bag that the man carried, as it seems deep enough. The only item that I keep at hand is the wand that the man used long ago, after the first fight, to bring him back to live.

I walk towards the fallen archers searching for any that may still breath and had been left by Ori and Andrann, if I found any I burn charges of the wand on its check until they are up once again.

Once I am finished with the redistribution of wealth I follow Cassie inside, sitting besides her. Whispering I approach her ear.

-Those straw mattress are starting to seem attractive.

Then I gaze the rest of the company.

-The man outside died, and its a pity, but its soul has been taken care. We fought by his side and we are going to need to fight again any moment. That man carried several magic trinkets, we might find better use for those than him now. Once I get a chance to rest I will identify the functions of the items and we can proceed to distribute them.

Archmage1
2012-09-22, 09:14 AM
"If I had the resources, I could identify them now, but, alas, I don't have the pearls needed for the spell."

God Imperror
2012-09-22, 09:38 AM
I look at the woman fallen from the sky, her elvish features were slightly alien, she was not one of the folk of the stars, nor was she from the snows as Cassie. Were would she be from?

-I can do that now, if need be cousin.

Even without pearls.

-But as far as I know we are under assault, and I would like to get some answers and make sure that our intervention in the field of battle is not needed anytime soon.

Archmage1
2012-09-22, 09:50 AM
"Fair enough. Hopefully, I might be of assistance in a battlefield, although this battlefield is a bit unusual. Mostly I have fought humans, or orcs, not extraplanars. From what I know, this is very unusual."

bindin garoth
2012-09-22, 12:18 PM
Axile isn't sure what to make of the elf. After thinking about, he decides not to trust her at this time because he can :smalltongue: due to not knowing her. After some observation, perhaps, but not for the moment. He does, however, have an idea for dealing with the aftermath of the attack.

"Why don't we all wait inside for a little bit, heal up, and then go back to where the first meteor hit? I can see into the past to a degree, so I could check and see if anyone summoned this assault." He offers the group.

Archmage1
2012-09-22, 12:24 PM
"Now that is a good idea. And you will need healing, as there will likely be more of these monsters in the area, which will need to be eliminated."

Well, they seem like nice enough people. Perhaps, after this is all over, they might be willing to help me with my goals...

Tharione
2012-09-22, 05:31 PM
Within the churches main hall the majority of villagers have moved to the back of the hall to make room for the incoming injured. The archers who arrived here first and several among the villagers funnel out past the incoming party members to retrieve more of the injured.

Ori releases the two she dragged inside once they begin healing. She turns to the party and speaks, softly enough to not be heard by the crowd and sternly enough for her words to have impact.

"Those of you who have a wish to know what is occurring here and a will to bring it to an end follow me."

She makes for the back stairway up, and proceeds to the second floor.

Archmage1
2012-09-22, 05:32 PM
Mariel looks at the others, and then follows Ori up the stairs

Tegannie
2012-09-22, 06:10 PM
Cassie also follows Ori, saying to Firia in Elvish, "At this point, I'd trance even on the floor!"

Archmage1
2012-09-22, 06:21 PM
also in elvish:
"The floor is not that bad. I have seen far worse"
Mariel then shudders, as if remembering some horrible memory.