PDA

View Full Version : Alternate to Paladin/AntiPaladin (Pathfinder)?

Con_Brio1993
2012-08-18, 04:26 PM
So I'm a bit annoyed at these two classes for having such alignment restrictions in place. RAW any Paladin who willfully commits an act of evil is stripped of his powers. Any Antipaladin who does an act of good also faces this punishment. These restrictions seem unnecessarily harsh, especially the Anti-Paladin.

Is there any Pathfinder class that actually isn't a Stupid Evil or Stupid Good version of a Paladin? I want to toy around with a character that uses Paladin-esque abilities (smite evil, detect evil) while being evil (or at least a level IV-V Anti-Hero) himself.

Basically I want to play: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeWhoFightsMonsters

Does such a class exist or wis my only hope talking to my DM about getting rid of the pesky alignment restrictions?

Blisstake
2012-08-18, 04:32 PM
Nope, sorry, if you're a paladin, you're lawful good. Although nowhere in the code does it say you have to be stupid.

Coidzor
2012-08-18, 05:03 PM
Inquisitor seems the closest to what you want from my offhand knowledge.

Potentially the heretic archetype.

Bhaakon
2012-08-18, 05:11 PM
There are a few prestige classes, Hellknight, Chevalier, Holy Vindicator, that grant paladin-like powers with out the Paladin Code (though Hellknight and Chevalier still have alignment restrictions).

For paladin-like build without any alignment restrictions at all, I'd probably go something like Cleric 5, Chevalier 3, Holy Vindicator 10.

Con_Brio1993
2012-08-18, 05:14 PM
Inquisitor seems the closest to what you want from my offhand knowledge.

Potentially the heretic archetype.

Hmm, it seems this does come pretty close. Thank you for the suggestion.