PDA

View Full Version : Naming the Pantheon (need 5 more god names)

Tesla_pasta
2012-08-19, 04:47 PM
So I'm in the process of creating a new campaign setting. Pretty standard high fantasy stuff- almost all types of 3.5 magic and power exists in some form, though different parts of the world are secluded by environmental barriers.

I need 7 gods in total, and I have 2 so far

Arlan- God of winter, death, and Divine magic; male,
Morpheus- God of the Earth, Time, Hunting, and Incarnum; male, NG

I know what I want the others to represent, I just need good names, preferably something symbolic of their domain, as well as an alignment.

<need name>- God of spring, Harvest, and Psionics; male or female (Apmentis?)
<need name>- God of summer, Community, and Arcane magic; male or female (Sancitar?)
<need name> God of Autumn, Art, and martial prowess; female
<need name> God of the Sun, Justice, and Craftmanship; male, NG
<need name> God of the Moon, Memory, and Song; female, NG

Im set on having 7 gods, but what they represent could be shifted a little bit. Mostly I just want some creative or unique or symbolic names for the 5 I haven't named yet, as well as alignments.

The gods cannot be Evil or Chaotic.

Omnicrat
2012-08-20, 12:02 PM
My suggestions are the bold text.

Arlan- God of winter, death, and Divine magic; male, LN
I took divine magic away from Arlan because it seems an odd thing to be the focus of a god to me and gave him a lawful neutral alignment because the winter is equally harsh to us all, as is death.

Morpheus- God of the Earth, Time, Hunting, and Incarnum; male, NG

Apmentis- God of spring, Harvest, and Psionics; male or female
I made Apmentis a woman because Spring is the time of birth.

Sancitar- God of summer, Community, and Arcane magic; male or female, LG
I made Sancitar a man basically because I made Apmentis a woman. He is lawful due to the intense study required by arcane magic and that communities are held together by law. He is good because community implies support of your neighbor which is good.

Esiluta- God of Autumn, Art, and martial prowess; female, LN
I made Esiluta LN becaus Lawful fits with martial training and nothing about are or fall tend towards good.

Solius- God of the Sun, Justice, and Craftmanship; male, NG

Cuenoria- God of the Moon, Memory, and Song; female, NG

I hope I was able to help!:smallbiggrin:

Tesla_pasta
2012-08-20, 08:56 PM
Apmentis- God of spring, Harvest, and Psionics; male or female
I made Apmentis a woman because Spring is the time of birth.

Sancitar- God of summer, Community, and Arcane magic; male or female, LG
I made Sancitar a man basically because I made Apmentis a woman. He is lawful due to the intense study required by arcane magic and that communities are held together by law. He is good because community implies support of your neighbor which is good.

I hope I was able to help!:smallbiggrin:

I like these two in particular! Apmentis sounds like a good psionic god name, and Sancitar just sounds cool in general. Thanks!