PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Best character sheet for a new-ish player playing a Cleric?

Wonton
2012-08-19, 05:46 PM
What's a good character sheet that both

a) Doesn't have too many pages. I hate those 8-page character sheets that have a space for anything and everything possible. That's just information overload, no one should need a sheet longer than 3 pages if you ask me. :smallannoyed:

b) Has a good space for spells. I like the official Paizo one for martial characters, but that "Spells" section in it is terrible and would not work for a Cleric.

Thanks in advance, playground. :smallsmile:

Blisstake
2012-08-19, 05:54 PM
I always use the Neceros (http://www.pathfinderdb.com/character-sheets/static-character-sheets/84-neceros-pfrpg-character-sheet) character sheets. The first sheet is all your important character information (stats, attacks, skills), the second is devoted to items, and the third to spellcasting.

If you aren't a spellcaster, don't print the third, and if someone else is keeping track of all the items, don't print the second. It works very well and it's very easy to find what you need. :smallsmile:

Duncan_Ruadrik
2012-08-19, 11:13 PM
When i play a Cleric, I just use the official character sheet, but i print off the 2 or 3 pages that is the Cleric spell list. It has every spell, and a brief description of the spell next to it as well. Though, i admit i haven't played a cleric since all of these new books came out... But i bet you can find of complete spell list somewhere.

EDIT: Cleric Spell List (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains/spell-lists---cleric)

Then just look it up in the book or on the pfsrd, whichever you prefer.

herrhauptmann
2012-08-19, 11:26 PM
What's a good character sheet that both

a) Doesn't have too many pages. I hate those 8-page character sheets that have a space for anything and everything possible. That's just information overload, no one should need a sheet longer than 3 pages if you ask me. :smallannoyed:

b) Has a good space for spells. I like the official Paizo one for martial characters, but that "Spells" section in it is terrible and would not work for a Cleric.

Thanks in advance, playground. :smallsmile:
Personally, I prefer writing my own character sheets. This way, I always know exactly where things are, and they're spaced how I need them. A fighter 20 will need a lot more space for feats, while a multi-templated druid will need more room for racial/class abilities than he will feats.

They tend to be in a similar format to the mythweavers ones, though I prefer placing my AC at the top of the page, rather than at the side. (Helps if i'm in the bathroom and someone rolls an attack. Another player can check, rather than shouting at me through the door)

Psyren
2012-08-20, 09:06 AM
The Playground's very own sadie has an amazing set of character sheets (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163358) for all classes in both 3.5 and PF. I use them in all my games. His psionic sheets have even gotten DSP's seal of approval.

The first 3 pages are general, with the final page being class-specific - this makes them very modular/standardized. Multiclassing is also a breeze, as you can simply add another class page to the back if there's anything truly specific you need to track. (e.g. multiclassing two different magic systems/power sources.)

Wonton
2012-08-20, 02:45 PM
The Playground's very own sadie has an amazing set of character sheets (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163358) for all classes in both 3.5 and PF. I use them in all my games. His psionic sheets have even gotten DSP's seal of approval.

The first 3 pages are general, with the final page being class-specific - this makes them very modular/standardized. Multiclassing is also a breeze, as you can simply add another class page to the back if there's anything truly specific you need to track. (e.g. multiclassing two different magic systems/power sources.)

Oh, I know. If you download the PDF, you'll even see someone named "DrWonton" in the contributors list. I'll give you 3 guesses as to who that is. :smallwink:

Like I said, I was hoping to stay away from the 4-page sheets, but looking at it again, I should AT LEAST print off the Cleric page. Channel Energy and Domain Powers definitely deserve a big space on the sheet.