PDA

View Full Version : The White Room pt 2

Provengreil
2012-08-19, 09:15 PM
Old thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13755998&posted=1#post13755998)

We return here to our previous exploration of a small cave:

Save: [roll0]

Provengreil
2012-08-19, 09:17 PM
and of course copy/paste won't work properly, so here we go again with the rolling:

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-19, 09:19 PM
You find that your hand is stuck to the rod, and that you cannot move the rod itself.

Provengreil
2012-08-19, 09:21 PM
I give it a few (presumably) pointless tugs.

"Uh, guys, we have a problem. This isn't a lever... and I can't let go."

lothbrok
2012-08-19, 09:25 PM
"well this could be quite bad"

whats the bar made of?

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-19, 09:30 PM
The rock in front of Aalem phases out of existence, and two hideous, bloated zombies grapple Aalem to the floor. He struggles to reach his hands up towards them, but they've been pinned to the ground under their sheer bulk.

Two more zombies enter the room, followed by a man in a dirty white robe with an iron mask covering most of his face. Wheezing, he weekly points towards Aalem and says in Common:
"Drag the kitty into the back room, pets..."

Provengreil
2012-08-19, 09:34 PM
"...oh."

Initiative: [roll0]
(I just assume this will be needed)

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-19, 09:36 PM
Yes, so Lothbrok, please roll Initiative as well

lothbrok
2012-08-19, 09:39 PM
assuming you want intiative

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-19, 09:41 PM
So first up is Ignus, then Lothbrok, then Aalem, then the Necromancer, then the zombies...

Provengreil
2012-08-19, 09:43 PM
"Kwaiit, get down this hole and see what you can do!"
Draconic:
Aalem! hold on!

"TIRE."

Crunch:
I cast Power Word: Fatigue against the necromancer. He is now fatigued for [roll0] rounds, minutes, or hours depending on his HP at this point in time. (refer to the SRD for HP levels and effects of fatigue)

lothbrok
2012-08-19, 09:45 PM
"this must be my lucky day" i use m breath weapon directed on the necromancer and zombies not grappling aalem (60ft cone of sonic)

[roll0]

lothbrok
2012-08-19, 09:46 PM
i ready my axe and move inbetween ignus an our foes
"i warn you once, release my companion or you will die. and it will not be quick."

Provengreil
2012-08-19, 09:48 PM
no, it's standard. you can move in, but not charge

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-19, 09:50 PM
Both of the two zombies and the robed one are knocked back against the wall, the zombies completely crushed by your cries while the robed one lies on the ground unconscious.

lothbrok
2012-08-19, 09:51 PM
im assuming they dont get a turn?

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-19, 09:58 PM
Aalem attempts to shake off the zombies but finds that he is unable to. Obeying their previous commands, they attempt to drag him up to an iron door that has been opened where the rock once was. It appears to lead into a tunnel that proceeds downward, but you cannot see any more from here. They manage to make it 10 feet past the door into the tunnel...

Ignus, it is your turn.

Provengreil
2012-08-19, 10:03 PM
I'll Try again to yank the bar free.

Strength check: [roll0]

"Ulrik, go after Aalem!"

lothbrok
2012-08-19, 10:05 PM
"way ahead of you!" I roar as i charge the zombies

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-19, 10:09 PM
One of the zombies is pounded into mulch by your blows. The other ignores you, but with one hand freed, Aalem reaches into the face of the other, discharging a sonic burst that splatters the zombie's head all over Ulrik's front.

lothbrok
2012-08-19, 10:11 PM
looking down at my front "i take it we're even then" i say with a grin

i take the ropeand assuming masked one is still unconcious i tie him up as tightly as possible but first i break both his wristsin my bare hands (and since my str score is on par with some adult dragons this isnt an issue)

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-19, 10:13 PM
He is unconscious, so all of that occurs as stated. Also, everyone take 300 XP for the events so far.

Provengreil
2012-08-19, 10:17 PM
Ok. Between the thread switch and how late it was when we went through this, a quick reference for our current situation: we have left the shocking shelter and chased a man to this cave.

We're in a gory necromancer cave, one human possibly alive and definitely unconscious, bound, and with broken wrists. a large iron door is open, unexplored. my hand is stuck to a rod in a recess in a wall, a situation Kwaiit is trying to fix. Aalem and Ulrik are both covered in zombie goo, Aalem looking a little shaken for his trouble. With that, it's bedtime.

Provengreil
2012-08-20, 04:58 AM
I ask Kwaiit for a progress update.

lothbrok
2012-08-20, 01:52 PM
i check to make sure he is in fact alive

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-20, 07:53 PM
Ulrik, the robed one, assuming that that is who you mean, is alive and unconscious.

Ignus, after some searching, Kwaiit finds a button on the rod and presses it, releasing the rod from its current position. You are now free to move around, but your hand is still bound to the rod.

Provengreil
2012-08-20, 08:00 PM
I experiment a bit with the rod, moving it around and pressing the button to see what happens.

also, I make a check to see what's binding me to the rod:

Craft(alchemy):[roll0](If it's the effect of some substance)
Spellcraft:[roll1](If it's the effect of a spell)
Knowledge(Arcana):[roll2](If it's part of the item's effect*)

*does not actually identify the item; only identify scrolls or bardic knowledge can do that beyond doubt

lothbrok
2012-08-20, 08:03 PM
"well if your almost done admiring your new jewelery, what should we do with this one?" i say giving the robed one a sharp jerk

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-20, 08:04 PM
Whenever you press the button, the rod becomes stuck in whatever position you had it in and you cannot move your hand.

You find that a layer of a glue-like substance is what's binding your hand to the rod.

lothbrok
2012-08-20, 08:11 PM
in case i missed earlier i gag the robed one with a strip from my "uniform"

Provengreil
2012-08-20, 08:14 PM
Crunchy bit:
Right then. For ease of inventory keeping I'm going to assume this is an immovable rod(which has these exact properties and nothing else), and the substance is some sort of glue, similar to or actually sovereign glue. Either way I need a solvent or a few days to let the skin peel.

"Well, it's glued on. I can't cast like this, so we need to find a way to unattach it. He might know, such a trap would be dangerous to use without a solvent nearby."

Draconic:
"Good job, Kwaiit. Aalem, can you wake him up somehow? We've a few questions to ask. Also, if possible, dull the pain from his wrists. Even torture only works when he's not in such pain that he can't hear you or stop screaming."

lothbrok
2012-08-20, 08:29 PM
"well then lets wake him up." i give the roed one a light cuff around the head not with the attention of hurting him just wake him up

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-20, 08:33 PM
Aalem moves over next to the robed figure that Ulrik has bound. Thinking for a second or two, Aalem leans back, swishes his mouth a bit, and drools onto his broken wrists.

After this, he gently shakes him, saying in draconic:
Wake up dead-lover. we have things to discuss.

This brings him back into consciousness.

Provengreil
2012-08-20, 08:40 PM
"Alright. My brusque friend and I have some questions for you. You know what's playing out on this island, you know we won't be letting you live. You do, however, get to choose between a painless death of magical nature, or something inventive, possibly involving ants or acid in your bloodstream. Don't worry, I can get pretty inventive.

Now, I myself only have one question I expect you to answer. My one question is this: *I hold up my hand* Do you have a solvent for this glue, and if so, where is it?"

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-20, 08:43 PM
He replies:

"Do what you will, specimen. The knowledge of your torturous methods will only further please our lords the Xammux."

Provengreil
2012-08-20, 08:52 PM
"Oh HO! Our lords, is it? This might just change things. I wish Jikkajak were here. I'll let my previous question remain unanswered to instead ask the following:

1. How were we chosen for your competition?
2. What purpose does it all serve?
3. All I want ight now is my hand unstuck. You're going to help me with this or I'll start with a few dabs of alchemists fire to your feet."

At this last, I use my right hand to clumsily retrieve a bottle of alchemists fire, showing that I have one.

(intimidate check:[roll0])

lothbrok
2012-08-20, 08:59 PM
"answer him dog. or i start breaking things."

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-20, 09:05 PM
Pausing for a tense few moments, staring at you with his facial features hidden by the mask, he finally hangs his head downward and says:

"You were hand-picked for our study by our Highest Priest of the Xammux. I know not for what purpose, though observing you all is apparently yielding vast quantities of new knowledge. I do not, however, know how to remove the rod. I'm just a steward, a minor worshipper who helps to manage the island or direct the cult zombies to do any required physical labor. I was given instructions to set up your trap by my master, one of the Dead Priests. He should be further down the tunnel, though I doubt you could even reach him."

Provengreil
2012-08-20, 09:12 PM
"Interesting. Not actually a contestant....You've just opened a new avenue for yourself simply by telling me that. See, I believe we still have options now that don't end with you dead. I also believe you'd rather not be dead. So it's simple: you lead us to this guy, and you don't die. To win, we only have to reduce the number of contestants to 6: if you aren't a contestant, you don't have to die. what do you say?"

If you need a diplomacy check, [roll0].
If you need intimidate, [roll1].
Or ignore these if unnecessary.

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-20, 09:20 PM
"I shall lead you to my master."

Provengreil
2012-08-20, 09:28 PM
Draconic:
Aalem, this guy's agreed to lead us to his commander in exchange for his life. He's not a contestant here, but a custodian of the island. I realize you probably want to kill him even more now, but it would be in our better interests, I think, to keep our end of the bargain unless he turns on us first. Undo his bindings, and as we move stay in the rear. I'll be largely useless without my spell complement, but I can take a weaker enemy after hitting the with fatigue. I'll play point defense to you in a combat scenario.

"Ulrik, as we follow him down, stay right behind him. we'll be shortly behind you."

lothbrok
2012-08-20, 09:28 PM
"well then lets get moving"

i yank him up and keep hold of my axe in one hand and a lead rope in the other. thrusting him in front "lead the way pet"

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-20, 09:37 PM
Aalem, in Draconic:
I have no problems with that, he may even lead to us getting off of this island if we use him well. I'll stick to the back, then. ... Could you ask him whether or not there is a black Rakshasa on this island?

The bound man replies, also in Draconic:
To my knowledge, there is not.

Aalem:
Hmmm... alright then. I'm going to have to get out of here to find Alamvusha....

Aalem moves to the back of the group. The bound man begins to hop through the iron door.

lothbrok
2012-08-20, 09:45 PM
"not so fast." i say as i jerk him out of the doorway.

"Ignus it mat be best to take a look before we blindly follow this vile thing"

Provengreil
2012-08-20, 09:47 PM
Just let him go, He has every incentive now to lead us true. If he wants us dead, the only way to do that in his current state is leading us to the guy in back. If he wants to live, same story. If he's suicidal, he's in no condition to do something capable of harming us to a great degree right now.

lothbrok
2012-08-20, 09:51 PM
grumbling i let him go in. but i prod him with my axe so he gets the idea

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-21, 04:01 PM
He leads you down the tunnel beyond the door, going about 40 feet before reaching yet another iron door.

"Beyond here is a series of storage chambers for zombies, specimens, and other objects used by the cult. Each chamber is designed not only to store these things, but act as a defense against intruders, preventing them from going further. Now that I am no longer acting in the cult's interests, I highly doubt that anything beyond here will obey my commands. We will simply have to fight our way through, if that is your intention."

Provengreil
2012-08-21, 04:10 PM
Ulrik, you're up. If there's anything you think you can't handle, say so and we can pull back.

I'll retrieve an alchemist's fire again and have it ready in my right hand.

lothbrok
2012-08-21, 07:51 PM
"wha are the chances of those things getting loose and attacking us?" i ask the robed one 'likewise what are we likely to encounter on our way?"

Provengreil
2012-08-21, 08:08 PM
Saying as a player, not in game:

DuSlaanesh, in the interest of expediency, please assume that Ignus will push the group in regardless of the answer to that question, with the assumption of retreat should it appear to dangerous to proceed. I just put this to reduce the real time delay in forward movement a bit.

EDIT: Also, I'd like a DM call here. is my thumb stuck to the rod too, or was it overlapped with the rest of my fingers when the glue set? if it's free, I can freeze the rod without having to use both hands or hit it on something. otherwise, I have to consider what I'm holding when I freeze it. just want to know my capabilities here. As I didn't specify(and really, who would?), it's your call.

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-21, 08:25 PM
Ignus, your thumb is also stuck to the rod. I assume that, if you were to grab such a thing, you would have used your thumb as well.

Stumbling into the room, you see that it is about 15 x 35 feet. Another door is at the far end. Meathooks and various metal tools line the walls. Ten human zombies crowd the room, and they all turn to face you slowly.

Roll for initiative.

lothbrok
2012-08-21, 08:28 PM
"well "lets get stuck in!!!" i roar with a grin

intiative if needed
[roll0]

Provengreil
2012-08-21, 08:36 PM
Fair enough. I just wanted to know exactly how limited I am right now.

Initiative: [roll0]

For the record, unless he's acting under orders or you decide he notices or does something, in any given battle Kwaiit should be assumed to be fluttering near me, but using total defensive actions as his only action and as such doesn't need to be in the initiative order.

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-21, 09:18 PM
Alright then. First up is Ulrik, then the Zombies, then Aalem, then Ignus.

lothbrok
2012-08-21, 09:21 PM
wow ok

i charge the nearest zombie

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-21, 09:30 PM
You completely obliterate it, splattering it all over the wall.

Would both you and Ignus please tell me your current AC values?

lothbrok
2012-08-21, 09:36 PM
heres mine

Provengreil
2012-08-22, 05:35 AM
16. I'll probably use the total defense action on my turn to take it to 20, but we'll see.

EDIT: careful with your dice rolling, Lothbrok. you rolled a d20 on damage instead of a d12. I know we make that mistake in real life too sometimes, but here you gotta watch the copy/paste.

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-22, 11:27 AM
The zombies shuffle forward, swinging their clubs or their arms at you.

Ulrik, none of the blows seem to be able to penetrate your armor.

A couple of zombies that managed to get within reach of Ignus swung their clubs clumsily and instead struck the floor.

One zombie got a solid hit on the robed figure, leaving him bleeding on the floor.

Aalem steps forward, attempting to grab the head of the closest zombie, but fails to.

Ignus?

Provengreil
2012-08-22, 11:31 AM
I'll attempt to hit the nearest zombie with my alchemists fire:

touch attack: [roll0]

damage: [roll1]

Note: Alchemist's Fire does spalsh daamge of 1 to all creatures in the surrounding area. all damage is fire, meaning I'm immune. further effects to follow on next turn (if it hits). more actions to follow on confirmation of result, so please just say if I hit or miss atm.

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-22, 11:43 AM
You hit the zombie, and it catches fire but is still standing.

The splash hits two other zombies as well, catching them on fire.

Ulrik?

Provengreil
2012-08-22, 03:03 PM
actually, I'm not quite done.

Pulling back his arm and letting fly like a punch, Ignus smashes the bottled fire right into the zombie's chest, setting it alight.* Tongues of flame splatter everywhere, spattering on his own face and nearby zombies.

Draconic:
Get to the door, don't let them surround us.

He then runs back into the door, stopping ten feet (2 squares) beyond the entry.

*RAW, the zombie takes 1d6 damage at the beginning of each of its turns unless it uses a full round action to make a DC15 reflex save to put the fire out. you can add 2 to this by rolling, but a zombie would be unlikely to do that. Also, the other zombies take one fire damage but are not set alight, unless you'd prefer they were.

lothbrok
2012-08-22, 03:12 PM
seeing the fire ulrk's expression changes. his eyes widen and his skin breaks into a sweat. he howls in what sounds like a mixture of maniac fury and abject terror as he swings at the next closest zombie.

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-22, 04:21 PM
Ulrik, you completely eliminate another zombie.

D & B:
I'll say that the two zombies that got splashed are, in fact, on fire.

The three zombies on fire take burn damage but are still standing.
The zombies move in, and swing themselves at all of you, ignoring the robed one on the ground.
Two zombies pummel Aalem, one getting and confirming a critical, leaving him with a big, swelling bruise from a club strike.
Four zombies try to pummel Lothbrok but cannot get through his armor at all. One of them even falls to the ground as its legs rot out from under it, though it still crawls towards you. The other zombies attempt to get past but cannot within this cramped space.

Aalem runs back to the door, stopping just outside of it and one square to the side to allow passage.

clutching his wound, he says in Draconic:
I think Ulrik can take it from here...

Ignus?

Provengreil
2012-08-22, 04:27 PM
I'll move forward to the square even with the door frame, and prepare an action to allow Aalem past me(squeeze to the wall, basically).
Draconic:
Remember the initial plan, get behind me. We're falling back to funnel them in.

lothbrok
2012-08-22, 04:48 PM
ok big suprise this time. i swing at a zombie
one that isnt on the ground
attack
[roll0]

[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-22, 06:51 PM
The zombie is easily crushed, Ulrik.

The zombies on fire take fire damage once again, and the original zombie that was set on fire goes down.
The six remaining zombies all gang up on Lothbrok, attempting to bring him down with a flurry of blows. One of them gets in a lucky hit, dealing him 3 damage.

Aalem gets behind Ignus, and it is now Ignus' turn.

Provengreil
2012-08-22, 07:03 PM
taking inventory of the zombies(for convenience): 4 destroyed, 2 more on fire, one legless. 3 unscathed.

I'll stay right in the doorway and use the total defense action, bringing my AC up to a total of 20.

"Ulrik, keep it up! I'll keep them off Aalem, just focus on bringing them down."

lothbrok
2012-08-22, 08:00 PM
at the zombie "you dog! how dare you lay your vile hands upon the son of a god!"

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-24, 03:29 PM
The zombie, once again, is destroyed, leaving 5 destroyed, 2 aflame, one crawling on the ground, and 2 unscathed. The two that take fire damage survive this round.

They claw and tear at you, Ulrik, swarming around you completely. One of the unscathed ones gets a lucky club bash on your back, dealing 6 damage.

Aalem also takes full defensive action, saying in Draconic:
I'll be fine, one of them just hit me harder than I was expecting. I'm saving my spells for further ahead.

Ignus?

Provengreil
2012-08-24, 03:56 PM
Assuming I can 5 foot step forward and be right next to one of the burning zombies AND that zombie is next to the fallen one:
I'll attempt to trip the zombie, throwing it onto the one with no legs.
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Opposed STR: [roll1]

Otherwise, I'll stand by with the total defense action again.

lothbrok
2012-08-24, 04:38 PM
"RAAAHHHHRRRR!!!"
i swing at an unscathed zombie

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-26, 06:22 PM
Ignus, you can be next to one of the burning zombies, but in the confusing mass of melee, the one on the ground has been left at the back and so will not be next to your target. Therefore, you take your full defensive action.

Ulrik, you once again obliterate another zombie.

One of the burning zombies goes down due to fire damage. The three remaining zombies once again attempt to bring Ulrik down with their clubs and clumsy swings of their limbs. None of them even come close to denting your hide.

Aalem moves towards the unscathed zombie and places his palm upon its chest at an angle. With a deafening roar, the right half of the zombie is blown away from the inside out, leaving the other half slammed against the wall, but still trying to crawl towards you all.

Ignus?

Provengreil
2012-08-26, 06:27 PM
With no effectual spells and a desire to conserve materials, Ignus resorts to his claw and teeth, using the strength of his heritage to attempt to finish off the zombie Aalem damaged:

Bite:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Claw:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-26, 06:43 PM
Ignus shreds the zombie into bits, rendering it inanimate once more.

Ulrik?

lothbrok
2012-08-26, 06:50 PM
i walk over to the legless zombie panting heavily. with a snarl i say "rot in hel filth!" and grab it by the skull and attempt to tear its head from its neck

out of game
what do i need to do for this action oh great and mighty DM

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-26, 06:52 PM
Ulrik, just roll 1d20, then add your Strength modifier.

lothbrok
2012-08-26, 07:04 PM
the requested roll
[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-26, 07:14 PM
You rip its head off, but the rest of the body is still intact, animate and crawling around.

The zombie that was on fire is burnt to a crisp.

The last remaining zombie, headless and crawling, tries to take a swing at Ulrik. It misses completely.

Aalem picks it up by the biceps, holding its torso completely exposed to Ulrik. In Draconic:
This has been somewhat tiresome, but we have much more to do. Care to do the honors?

Ignus, it is your turn.

lothbrok
2012-08-26, 07:16 PM
"my riend i may not be able to understand your peech but i understand the sentiment. hold still" i swing at the zombies mid section

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

Provengreil
2012-08-26, 07:17 PM
Techinically it's my turn, but I'm gonna let them finish it off anyway. I want to go inspect the man we were with, see if he's still alive.

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-26, 07:22 PM
Ulrik, you cleave the zombie in half. The hallway is now completely clear.

Ignus, as you check the man over, you realize that he has bled out and died on the cold tunnel floor.

lothbrok
2012-08-26, 07:28 PM
walking over to our head guide i attempt to find a clean scrap of clothe on his robe to clean my axe.
"well then there goes our ticket further in. what then is the plan my friend?"

Provengreil
2012-08-26, 07:28 PM
Checking over the body, I sigh a bit. "Well, this doesn't actually set us back much at all. Normally I wouldn't have counted on him being alive after that first tussle anyway. Ulrik, Are you all right?"

As I find him dead, I give his robes a good look through for any useful objects.

Once Finished, I'll give the walls a quick scan for the same.

Draconic:
Aalem, how's your head? this cave isn't going anywhere, we can pull back if need be and come again tomorrow. Might give a chance to see if I can work this rod off my hand, too.

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-26, 07:42 PM
Aalem, in Draconic:
I should be fine, I'll just be careful not to get surrounded by too many enemies next time, though if you'd like to take a rest we can. ... Considering how the last fight just went, it might be better for me to be the first through the next area. If whatever's there is hostile, I can Shout, then move aside for Ulrik to finish them off.

Ulrik, your axe is now clean.

Ignus, you don't find anything on the robed man's person. Searching the walls, however, you find various metal implements. The ones that are not rusted to uselessness are:
1 Branding Iron
3 Daggers
5 Scalpels
1 Thumbscrew
(See Table 3-1 Torture Devices in the Book of Vile Darkness)

lothbrok
2012-08-26, 08:11 PM
intiative
[roll0]

lothbrok
2012-08-26, 08:18 PM
attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

lothbrok
2012-08-26, 09:10 PM
ok so we have proceeded deeper into the cave going first through an empty hallway, then coming to a door with glowing violet writing after entering it we were attacked by a chasme (an inter-planar demon). after a brief but intense fight we were able to kill it with only minor damage. we ten plundered the room it was in which was full of alchemical supplies, ignus now has a portable makeshift alchemy lab. we are now pulling out to recoperate

Provengreil
2012-08-26, 09:32 PM
Facebook Session Reminders:

We finished the zombies off, and traveled down a corridor to another room. We found a torture demon known as a Chasme, which was defeated by good teamwork and some fairly solid luck on several fronts. Ulrik learned in character that I can speak with demons and devils. As treasure for the encounter, we found 8 potions(2 of which were immediately consumed), 5 doses of an appreciably heavy dextreity poison (Huge Centipede, specifically), and 3 vials of a disease(warp touch). The remaining potions are split evenly among us(2/ character), the poisons are currently in my pack(although Ulrik is technically the one most likely to get good use out of them).

I was able to cut my thumb loose from the glue, But the scalpel I used got too dull to continue the task(sovereign glue can be a b**** to get off).

Lothbrok, you didn't get to be part of this in the chats, but we did find out something about the disease through Aalem. Warp touch is a disease whose effects are thoroughly random and can be bad or good, ranging from blindness, to giving us iron-hard scales or bulging muscles or something else.

If anyone ese remembers something I forgot, feel free to post it.

DuSlaanesh
2012-08-27, 06:54 PM
I believe that that should be everything.

This leaves you all within the blue room, fully rested. What shall you do now?

Provengreil
2012-08-27, 07:37 PM
In a supreme act of riskiness and questionable logic, I'll decide to voluntarily infect myself with the warp touch disease. I come out rather better for the wear: My skull has reformed to give me a pair of horns reaching forward rather menacingly, similar to those of a black dragon. My robe needs a bit of readjustment as well, on account of the wings now sprouting from my back. After stretching them and giving them a few flaps, my face falls a bit as I realize that they're just not strong enough to fly with. I am, however, visibly flooded with relief that I am still not blind.

Provengreil
2012-08-28, 07:42 AM
another facebook session, though short: Aalem and I got our stupid on and drank the warp touch. I came out quite lucky with nonmechanical wings(they just get to look cool) and some nice horns for an extra gore attack. alem wasn't so lucky, his mouth was removed completely(also, I checked the book. Says nothing about eating. This could get bad fast, we've got maybe 2 days in game to find something for that or he dies of dehydration.)

Ulrik, probably wisely, decided not to go for it, deciding his purity of body was more important to him than any potential benefits, even when the risks are largely fixable.

We decided the lower reaches of the cave might hold something for Aalem, and heve returned to try to further penetrate it. We are now in a room with several rutterkin, one of which is loose and another dead.

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-03, 11:16 AM
Once again after a facebook session and a few days, you three have delved into the island underworks a bit, currently finding yourself in a room with 2 chained and 1 unchained Rutterkin and various tiles on the floor that have slid in, producing clicks at various times. One Rutterkin lies dead on the floor, next to its double axe.

Ulrik is currently still boosted by Aalem, gaining a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks.

The initiative order is Ulrik, Rutterkin, Ignus, Aalem.

Ulrik attacks the bound Rutterkin near him, slashing it with his axe as it produces an unholy howl. It is still alive and straining heavily against its bonds.

The newly unleashed Rutterkin grabs the double axe supported above its former bonds and turns to face you, leering.

Ignus?

Provengreil
2012-09-03, 11:49 AM
Surprise surprise, I'll tell this one to get tired too.

Time units: [roll0]

I'll speak in Abyssal:
I've no issues working alongside you: If you help us, we won't have to kill you. We're going after those that have bound you, so If you help us you'll get to return home relatively unhurt.

Also, I'll relocate myself, moving next to the final chained one. I step on square A1 or A2, depending on which one he's at. I'm currently next to both, so I'll only tough one.

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-03, 06:54 PM
The Rutterkin expresses surprise at your speech and, seeing his fellow Rutterkin slain, throws down his axe, responding in a gutteral, poorly spoken Abyssal that is almost painful to listen to:
Please yes! We want out of here! What is it you want us to do?

Provengreil
2012-09-03, 07:00 PM
In reply:
My understanding of calling arts is that you're bound here for a set duration, probably several months or permanent, but you could in theory be either banished home by another caster who knows the spell, or if that's unavailable, killing the one who summoned you should break even a permanent duration as the spell is bound to him. Help us instead of him, and fight his command, which should appeal to your anarchic nature, and you won't die here and now. I won't even ask for a debt to be filled later: you do something for me in the short term, you stop getting tortured here and go home alive.

"Ulrik, hold fast. I may be on to something."

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 07:15 PM
aalem now right?

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-03, 07:30 PM
Aalem tries to respond, almost forgetting that his mouth has been sealed. He stomps on the floor once in frustration, and rubs his throat.

Ulrik, you are up.

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 07:34 PM
apparentluy to lost in battlelust to take heed of ignus i attack again

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 07:35 PM
crit confirm
[roll0]

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 07:36 PM
critical hit confirmation

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-03, 08:17 PM
Ulrik, you confirm your critical and deal the wounded Rutterkin a lethal blow, slaying it.

The other, standing Rutterkin lets out a small yelp, but does nothing else, frozen in fear.

Ignus?

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 08:21 PM
"now what were you saying my friend?" i say as i rest my axe on my shoulder and nod towards ignus.

Provengreil
2012-09-03, 08:39 PM
"Erm, yes. well, these guys are, shall we say, disgruntled. We have a window of opportunity to rush the next few rooms and take the fight to the enemy with a lot more blades on our side than we were counting on."

Abyssal:
"That was...against my orders, but I suppose it serves as an example of what you would be if you refuse to cooperate. We're passing this room, see, and you get to decide if we get through with more wounds, less spells, and corpses in our wake... Or if we pass through with a lot more force to penetrate this place. Choose."

Under the assumption he chooses to ally, however briefly, I'll instruct in both common and abyssal to start stepping around, trying to find the pressure plates that relive the chains of the last one.

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-03, 08:56 PM
The Rutterkin agrees to your terms, Ignus.

Pressing on the plates, you eventually step on one that releases the other Rutterkin, who moves next to his ally. Both of them await further demands, staring at you hunched over with their little, mishapen eyes.

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 09:00 PM
"i say we send them in first, if someones going to die best be them." i say t ignus

Provengreil
2012-09-03, 09:07 PM
"I have a slightly different idea. Ulrik, you go through the next door first. If they don't look like a caster, charge them: we've enough firepower for one or two fights to just power through right now. If it does appear that it might be a caster, step in and be ready but hold off. We casters tend to get wordy, as you've seen. Some information may be available. These guys will be in immediately to support you: they have everything to lose by fighting us, and everything to gain by helping us. Even a demon wouldn't reject such terms."

In Abyssal:
That one (points at Ulrik) will lead the way in. If he runs in, follow him and expect combat. If he simply steps through, step in and flank him, and look menacing but be ready. You may not get a proper warning if combat breaks out.

Aalem, You and I are in the back, giving what support we can. I'll try to direct everyone, you focus on helping with whatever spells you've got.

"Alright, let's go."

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 09:10 PM
i go through the next door and prepare an action to do as directed

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-03, 09:32 PM
You all gain 800 XP for clearing the Rutterkin minefield, in a rather interesting way I must add.

Entering through the iron door, you once again come upon a series of hallways and descending staircases that go on and spiral downward for around ten minutes of walking, seeing the occasional torch set into the wall, before coming to a wood door.

Provengreil
2012-09-03, 09:34 PM
OK, you all remember the plan. Let's do it. Ulrik, you're up.

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 09:35 PM
i continue as before down the stairs, axe ready and prepred action as directed by ignus

lothbrok
2012-09-03, 09:37 PM
oh yeah and i open the door.

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-03, 09:45 PM
You enter a very large chamber, 100 x 100 feet, circular in shape. a 10 x 10 foot hole is at the center of the celing, 50 feet up, from which pours down sunlight. The room is filled with the droning of flies and the stench of the dead, over a thousand corpses and bones strewn across the floor. Everyone make a fortitude save as you react to the overpowering stench.

Provengreil
2012-09-03, 09:46 PM
Fortitude:[roll0]

Abyssal:
"We're here. This is clearly the bottom. Tread carefully.

I'll retrieve an alchemist's fire, arming myself.

lothbrok
2012-09-04, 03:35 PM
[roll0]

"i dont like the looks of this"

Provengreil
2012-09-04, 08:31 PM
In addition to the corpses, do we see any object in the room? tables, workbenches, other doors, chests, altars, etc?

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-07, 08:50 PM
While the stench and sight is nauseating, you all bare with it.

Directly across the room is a single, plain iron door. Beyond this and the corpses, you see nothing unusual.

Provengreil
2012-09-07, 08:53 PM
We'll cross the room to the iron door, keeping the same plan:

Ulrik opens the door, steps through. the rutterkin quickly step in and flank him, either to aid in combat or look intimidating if combat is not immediate. I'll step through, followed by Aalem, reacting appropriately.

lothbrok
2012-09-07, 08:55 PM
i concur with ignus's plan

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-07, 09:02 PM
Ulrik opens the door, only to find a slight indentation in the stone where another room or hallway should be. The iron door you came through to reach this room swings shut.

Eight zombies emerge from the pile of bodies, as does a small person wearing a white robe and a mask. Two of the zombies, which sprung up right by Aalem, immediately pin him to the ground, as the others shuffle towards you.

The robed figure, in a feminine, prideful voice, says:
"They might be specimens, but they've come too far and seen too much. Leave none of them alive."

Roll for initiative.

lothbrok
2012-09-07, 09:05 PM
intiative if you want it and i presume you do
[roll0]

if not
i run forward into a good 40ft distance from the white robed figure and use my breath weapon on her and her immediate cronies

lothbrok
2012-09-07, 09:06 PM
intiative
[roll0]

Provengreil
2012-09-07, 09:08 PM
in Abyssal:
"Ignore the caster, keep the numbers down. Go."

"Ulrik, target the woman. Let nothing slow you down. the rutterkin will help keep you clear. I'll get Aalem."

Initiative:[roll0]

Kwaiit's initiative: [roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-07, 09:16 PM
The order is Dead Priest, Ignus, Rutterkin, Zombies, Ulrik, Aalem.

The Dead Priest thrusts her hand palm out, casting a white ray that nearly hits Ulrik but misses.

Ignus?

Provengreil
2012-09-07, 09:23 PM
I'll join Aalem's grapple, attempting to pull one off.

crunch:

move to grapple area. grab automatically succeeds for joining exiting grapple. I drop the alchemists fire to the ground to have a free hand.

Opposed grapple check on one zombie:[roll0]

If I win, It'll be two separate grapples. If not, we're in one large grapple but nothing else really happens.

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-07, 09:39 PM
Ignus, you succeed, so it is now two seperate grapples rather than one large one.

The Rutterkin charge the nearest two zombies with their double axes, one missing, the other dealing a zombie a vicious slash across its chest.

Those two zombies retaliate, swinging their limbs at the Rutterkin. One misses entirely, one hits and deals the Rutterkin a minor wound. The zombie in grapple with Aalem tries to swing at him but fails. The zombie in grapple with Ignus does the same, and also misses. Two of the other four charge Ulrik, while the other two stay by the Dead Priest. The zombies' blows bounce off of Ulrik.

Ulrik?

lothbrok
2012-09-07, 09:45 PM
i grin and look at the robed one "my turn which" i use my breath weapon

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-07, 10:01 PM
The cone of pure sonic energy strikes the two zombies in front of you, plus the Dead Priest and her two guards. The two zombies in front of you are obliterated, one of the guards is as well, and the Dead Priest avoids most of the damage.

Aalem plants a palm upon the zombie grappling him, causing an explosion of sound that blows away a lot of its flesh and musculature.

The Dead Priest places a palm upon her remaining zombie, healing it with negative energy.

Ignus?

lothbrok
2012-09-07, 10:08 PM
i roar in triumph as i see there bodies disappear in a wash of blood and limbs

Provengreil
2012-09-07, 10:27 PM
Grapple check, attempting to pin zombie:

further actions in future edit, pending success or failure

And success. Therefore:

Ignus wrestles the zombie to a facedown position, pinning it to the ground, and activates the immovable rod on the center of its back, then grabs the dropped alchemist's fire, raising it above his head.(can't bring it down this turn, that's too many actions.)

Draconic:Kwaiit, torch that last zombie and clear a way for Ulrik to break this fool.

K has been on delay, so this'll happen immediately. he'll fly right up to the zombie and breath straight on him, doing [roll]6d6 fire damage, reflex half straight down from head to toe on the zombie.

Provengreil
2012-09-07, 10:33 PM
forgot I can't roll in edits. [roll0] is the damage.

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-07, 10:46 PM
The Rutterkin once again attack the zombies in front of them. The zombie already wounded manages to doge this attack, as does the unwounded one.

The zombies retaliate, the wounded Rutterkin taking another blow.

The remaining zombie by the Dead Priest moves in front to protect its master.

Ulrik?

lothbrok
2012-09-07, 10:52 PM
"come and die witch!" i roar as i move past the zombie (accepting the aoo) and attack the priest

attack
[roll0]

i cant remember if th bonus from aalem is still active so if it is add two to the above roll

damage
[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-08, 09:47 PM
The bonus is still active, so that was noted.

Ulrik, you deal a vicious blow to the Dead Priest, though she still stands. The zombie guard gets in a lucky swing as you assault its mistress, dealing you 3 damage.

Aalem once again palms the zombie grappling with him, blowing it away and leaving him free.

The Dead Priest casts a burst of negative energy around her. Her nearby zombie is healed, and you take 8 damage Ulrik, unless you pass a Will save, which you should take now. If you pass it, it will deal half damage.

It is now Ignus' turn.

Provengreil
2012-09-08, 09:55 PM
I'll smash the vial right on the zombie, setting it alight.

Damage: [roll0]

lothbrok
2012-09-08, 10:08 PM
requested will save

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-11, 01:09 AM
Ulrik, you pass the Will Save, so you'll receive only half damage.

Ignus, the zombie is on fire but is still animate.

The Rutterkin continue their struggle against the zombies, one of them bringing a zombie down with a swipe of its double axe.

The remaining zombie bludgeons the Rutterkin in front of it, causing a serious wound.

The zombie by the Dead Priest takes a swing at Ulrik. Its arm falls off as it tries to swing it at you. The Dead Priest curses in Abyssal.

Ulrik?

lothbrok
2012-09-11, 02:38 PM
i roar at the dead priest "die witch" and swing my axea t her

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-13, 08:09 PM
The Dead Priest takes the blow, a huge gash carved across her robe and into her. She stumbles to her feet... she's still up and alive, but barely...

Aalem dives into the pile of bodies. You both see him shapeshift into a zombie.

The Dead Priest casts a rippling black and violet aura, which flows from her onto you, Ulrik. Make a Will Save.

lothbrok
2012-09-13, 08:11 PM
the will save

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-13, 08:13 PM
Alright then, Ulrik you save for partial. You are now Shaken for 1 round.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#shaken

Ignus, you are up.

Provengreil
2012-09-13, 08:19 PM
Ignus raises his right hand and attempts to stab the zombie right in the back of its head with his claw.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-13, 08:24 PM
The Rutterkin gang up on the remaining zombie fighting them, bringing it down with rough swings of their double axes.

The zombie guarding the Dead Priest once again swings at Ulrik. It manages to get a lucky club strike at your leg, dealing 6 damage.

Ulrik, you are up.

lothbrok
2012-09-13, 08:26 PM
"how dare you lay hands on the son of a god" i swing my axe at the dead priest

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-13, 08:28 PM
The Dead Priest is slain, falling to the ground, blood flowing from her chest downward, staining her robes, blood dripping from under her mask.

Her remaining zombie crumples to the ground, inanimate.

Everyone gains 750 XP.

lothbrok
2012-09-13, 08:29 PM
i crush the skull and head of the zombie and then chop off the limbs
"teach you to lay your hands on a god' son"

lothbrok
2012-09-13, 08:39 PM
"ho my friend you can come out of your hiding place now"

Provengreil
2012-09-13, 08:40 PM
Clicking the rod and becoming mobile again, Ignus starts waving his hands saying, "Stop, stop! If that solvent is anywhere, it'll be in one of her pockets! look for a clear liquid, it can be mistaken for water at first glance."

Also in Draconic:
"Kwaiit, come on over here. Aalem, where'd you get to?"

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-13, 08:40 PM
Aalem pops out of the body pile, shapeshifting back into his normal white-furred, backwards-handed self.

lothbrok
2012-09-13, 08:43 PM
i search the dead priest

Provengreil
2012-09-13, 10:11 PM
FB summary:

We defeated the Dead Priest, and unmasked her only to to find Ignus' old companion Deliah under the mask. He was visibly shaken, unwilling to accept what happened. Even his exploration of the chamber, which revealed a chest full of books crammed with knowledge and a number of gems, was met with a mechanical storage and continuation routine.

Aalem found and took more samples of the warp touch: it appears that the effects did not stack, but instead replaced each other. He went through a couple alarming mutations before getting even luckier than Ignus, receiving a speed increase, and extra wide mouth, and an enlarged head to fit it complete with slightly enlarged brains.

We retired to the lightning room, and Ignus insisted on a quiet, solemn burial of Deliah's body, unwilling or unable to let it go as easily as many of the dead he'd left in his wake. When we last broke, it was right at watch turnover with Ulrik and Aalem going on watch and Ignus retiring to get some rest. He Ignored any questions they had about the contents of the books, which were nowhere to be found...

lothbrok
2012-09-14, 07:04 PM
this ocurs when ignus wakes up around noon and if anything is supposed to happen then we can rearrange as necessary

"ho ther ignus my friend whats in those books you've been looking over?"

Provengreil
2012-09-14, 07:31 PM
Ignus shakes his head slightly, saying, "Research." Clenching a fist, "Research on us. On you, me, Jikkajak, Lothbrok, Aalem, some guy named Neldor... us. And Deliah... they... got to her somehow. brainwashed her, controlled her, or something. It had to... no, it was. They got to her." His hand falls limp. "Aalem, you'll be interested to know that Jikkajak and Lothbrok ought to fine. Bearing that in mind, we should head out. I've forgotten which way we were headed before, so let's just strike out straight away from that damn cave."

lothbrok
2012-09-14, 07:33 PM
"are you sure? there may still be more to see in there."

Provengreil
2012-09-14, 07:41 PM
For the first time since you've seen him, Ignus begins to look like he's getting genuinely hot blooded, rather than the calm and calculating curiosity and politeness or cold, commanding efficiency. A very small tongue of flame emits from one side of his mouth. "What, more corpses? Traps, demons? You think you'll know someone in that corpse pile? Or maybe you wanna get to know them, huh? We saw the place, we're leaving it and good riddance."

lothbrok
2012-09-14, 07:46 PM
ulrik rises fully and crosses his massive arms across his huge chest. "aye my friend there may be nought but corpses and death, but there may also be a way off this gods forsaken island or a path to endurig glory. are you willing to sacrifice our chance for freedom becuase one of your friends was to weak to stand against these deamonic cultists?" his face siftening slightly ulrik places one hand on ignus's shoulder and continues in a more measured tone "if you choose to abandon the cave my friend i will join you, but be sure that is a path you are willing to follow before we journey down that road. either way my axe is yours"

Provengreil
2012-09-14, 07:56 PM
Slapping the hand away, Ignus replies. "Deliah wasn't weak. Our chance for freedom is the same that it's always been: play this game and win. We were down there, Ulrik, there was nothing there. I even cast a detection spell for magic, and the only magic I sensed came from the cup. That place was the bottom of the dark, and to get your freedom you'll have to look up, not down." At this point he gestures to the flying castle, or the sky if the castle is out of sight. "So we kill. We turn around, find some people, and kill without quarter or mercy. And we'll start by heading straight away from the one direction we know the people aren't in. So get that axe ready, and and kill anyone not flanked by a walking rock."

lothbrok
2012-09-14, 08:04 PM
ulrik sighs momentarily, before shrugging his massive shoulders and bursting back into his customary grin "well then lad i'll have to take your word for that." he bends down and lifts his axe resting it casually across his shoulder "at least im sure to be able to use this to good affect. now my friend where to?"

Provengreil
2012-09-14, 08:10 PM
Pointing in the direction straight away from the cave (North West, I think it is), "That way."

lothbrok
2012-09-14, 08:52 PM
"now my friend if we're going to kill our foes lets not blunder through this infernally hot jungle looking for them. in my lands when my tribe goes to war we light a fire or create a challenge mark calling our foes to us and then we wait. when eventually they come upon us we bring our swords and axes againsyt them and baptize the snow with their blood."

Provengreil
2012-09-15, 06:23 AM
Ignus gives this a moment's thought. "That's worth a try. We can't stay here though. The blue room is too suspicious, they might not approach. if we march for 5 hours or so in a random direction and carve out a site in the forest it will be a much more tempting target for anyone investigating a smoke signal."

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-15, 10:01 PM
Moving northwest, you find a suitable spot in the woods for your preparations.

Aalem asks, "What would you like me to do?"

Provengreil
2012-09-15, 10:22 PM
"This spot will do well enough, I think. We should plan on camping here for an extended period of time, so some preparations will have to be made.

Aalem, you can start by pitching a couple of tents. when you're done, see if you can clear out a bit of this brush so our fires don't accidentally spark a forest fire.

Ulrik, see about collecting some firewood. Just pick up some dry stuff for now, and try to focus on the stuff in the middle first. We don't want to be tripping on anything just walking around.

Now that I've got two working hands and a few alchemical substances and bottles, I can get to making something I've been itching to try out since before I came here. I ought to be able to make it with some time and local materials, and a little luck. It might also help us significantly in any number of ways."

In Draconic:
Kwaiit, I need you to fly up, and see which direction the closest river is, and how far away it is. Also tell me if you see anything else suspicious.

With that, I'll begin to clear out a small section of brush and lay out my makeshift alchemy lab, and, consulting a worn looking journal, begin scrounging around the area for small bits of flora and samples of dirt and clay.

lothbrok
2012-09-16, 03:19 PM
i do as asked presuming that lothbrok translates to ulrik.

"ignus you have mentioned that you had friends you could rely on in a fight. as reluctant as i am to share the glory it may be advisable to have some spare sword arms if we should encounter a truly mighty foe."

Provengreil
2012-09-16, 03:36 PM
Whoops. fixed that.

Not even looking up from his journal, Ignus says, "I do, but I've no good way to contact them. If Kwaiit sees them he should be able to talk, though it may not occur to him to do so. We'll mostly have to hope they see the fire and come upon us instead. as I said before, the one to look for is a dwarf apparently made of stone. He's a slow mover, but almost as strong as you, and a lot harder to kill."

lothbrok
2012-09-16, 07:15 PM
"hhhahha you are a fine jester my friend! no dwarf can hope to match me in strength."

Provengreil
2012-09-16, 07:19 PM
"Oh, you're definitely stronger. He, however, was built like an elephant before he drank from this cup here and got turned into a half stone golem. Now his skin itself turns blades."

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-27, 08:04 PM
Aalem has pitched the tents and cleared enough of the brush quite quickly.

Ulrik, you've easily gathered plenty of firewood.

Ignus, you've gathered the materials you're looking for. Kwaiit returns to you, letting you know that the nearest river is to the north, about a 15 minute walk away.

Provengreil
2012-09-27, 08:13 PM
Well, the materials were really just fluff for beginning crafting, which I'll denote below. Over the next 8 hours, I'll busy myself away with this and that, mixing, boiling, and scribbling, testing different mixes with dirt and river clay, etc. Any other actions for setting up camp that Aalem and Ulrik take are their own to decide on.

Absent further ideas, we'll generally busy ourselves setting up a semipermanent camp before actually setting up any ambush sites. Tents, some firewood, refill all the water skins, and so on.

Crafting Alchemical item: Shapesand. after this craft checks, 625/1000 SP crafted.

lothbrok
2012-09-27, 08:36 PM
i just sort of chill i guess

DuSlaanesh
2012-09-30, 08:09 PM
Aalem says:
"I'm going to patrol just around our campsite, and try to detect thoughts in a direction away from it. If I detect presence, I'll let you know. This will make being ambushed much less likely."

Provengreil
2012-09-30, 08:57 PM
In that case, I suppose time advances for 8 hours.

We'll get into an 8 hour rotation scheme: 8 hour rest, 16 hours up. One of us will be asleep at any given time, the other two awake. of the two awake, one will be on patrol duty, around the perimeter and in the woods slightly beyond. The second will be doing whatever he likes around camp, be that making it more complete, preparing for our own ambush (which we'll begin setting up soon enough), crafting, training, Foraging for edible animals/vegetables, whatever.

We would ideally want to keep this kind of rotation up for two or three more days, until we have a secure enough living situation and to buy time for me to finish crafting.

Assuming the rotation started at approximately noon, with me on crafting and aalem on watch, the order would go thusly:

noon - 8:00 PM: Ignus on general duty, Aalem on watch
8:00 PM - 4:00 AM: Ignus on watch, Ulrik on general duty
4:00 AM - noon: Aalem on general duty, Ulrik on watch

Some specifics on the next 3 days, assuming no one has issues with such a rotation. I'm doing it this way in the interest of momentum.

Ignus: first day, finish crafting shapesand. Begins a second batch, 300/1000 SP into it with our sped up craft system. Second day, fails to make significant progress, and third day manages to ruin his materials and more or less gives up on extra batches(I hate natural 2's).

From now on, he has 2 cumbic feet of shapesand, which can be shaped into any material and shape he wants. it's "natural" form will take the shape of an encircling cloak, about a quarter inch thick. Even though it is mimicking fairly thick cloth, it is still recognizable as sand. I also impregnate it with all 5 doses of the poison I have leftover from the cave, ensuring the next 5 close combat targets vulnerable to poison will take damage.

Use poison rolls(a 1 means I've poisoned myself instead with that dose):
1. [roll0]
2. [roll1]
3. [roll2]
4. [roll3]
5. [roll4]

Ulrik, as the one who had the idea of setting up a challenge site in the first place, will take steps to prepare this during his off hours. It should be a couple minutes away from our camp, and he would mostly clear out a site for a large pyre and gather plenty of smoky woods. Any other location improvements or ideas I leave to him. Ulrik, I do have a couple alchemist's fires still if you'd like to try incorporating them somehow.

Aalem can make survival checks. DC10 survival allows him to find enough food for the party in a lush forest like this for one day. The check takes 4 hours, and cannot be repeated that day. Feel free to modify the check on account of the amount of poisonous plants known to be around. Failure simply results in each of us eating one of our trail rations that day instead. for the other 4 hours each day, I don't know. whatever useful he can do in that time, maybe that, or just let it be downtime.

Provengreil
2012-09-30, 09:02 PM
Well, at least it was only once. the poison happens on day 1, meaning that at noon on day 3, I have rested twice and healed 2 points of any damage.

Fort saves:
1. [roll0]
2. [roll1]

Damage(each number corresponds to the save above):
1. [roll2] Dex
2. [roll3] Dex

Provengreil
2012-10-15, 05:10 AM
Facebook sessions repost: We finished setting up camp, and Ignus made 8 acid flasks in the spare time. Aalem's thought detection finally went off, turned out to be some guy called Pth. After a brief fight, Ignus saw him use a 4th level spell and decided to put all the eggs in one basket to try and end it fast, using a pair of sculpted explosive burning hands spells, the second one actually getting him. he was blasted over 100 feet into a tree at the cost of 8 spell slots. the fortress the released oozes at us, 5 gelatinous cubes, which we are now dealing with. They are still in a cluster in front of the room, having been unable to maneuver well (insofar as a mindless cube of goo will maneuver "well") but that'll end soon. we've done moderate damage to each, including a shout from Aalem, a breath weapon from Kwaiit, and an axe shot via Ulrik. Ignus is keeping distance at the moment, and Ulrik has retreated so as not to get hit.

Ignus says, "They can't think, strike, or even move that fast! We can find a way to deal with this without putting ourselves in harm's way."
I'll move over to Ulrik and prepare to breathe fire as soon as 2 of the oozes would be caught by the blast.

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-04, 12:26 AM
Aalem steps back and to the side a bit, moving away from the cubes but being sure to keep both of you out of the area between him and the cubes. He unleashes another Shout, holding his sides as a piercing bass note shatters the nearest cube into a puddle of inanimate slime, and shedding some slime off of the others.

The cubes attempt to close with you, oozing across the grass, but come nowhere close.

This movement triggers Ignus' prepared action, so feel free to roll for it. After that, it will be Ulrik's turn.

Provengreil
2012-11-06, 03:30 PM
Breath weapon:

[roll0]
Reflex save DC is 15

Provengreil
2012-11-06, 03:31 PM
blah, that didn't work right.

[roll0] is the correct damage.

Provengreil
2012-11-06, 03:32 PM
f**** y*** ***** ********* you *****!!!

alright alright.

[roll0]

lothbrok
2012-11-07, 05:48 PM
well i may as well join the club

assuming the goo are still alive i use my breath weapon targeting as many as possible

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-08, 12:31 PM
The two Gelatinous cubes hit by Ignus' breath weapon go down after Ulrik's breath weapon passes over them, also managing to damage one more. Two currently still stand, one more heavily damaged than the other.

Ignus?

Provengreil
2012-11-08, 12:41 PM
I'll grab my Alchemist's fires and begin throwing. move action to grab them, standard to throw the first one:

Attack : [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

"Bah, I shouldn't expect much from fire on something so...watery....... Break for the river, go! Their weakened structures may not hold up to extra water!"

I'll finish my turn with a 5 foot step in the direction of the closest river.

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-08, 09:44 PM
The nearest river is about 40 feet away, so Ignus is now within 35 feet of it.

Aalem follows your direction, making a double move to cross its 20 foot span (light current and waist high, no real need for swim checks).

The two remaining gelatinous cubes slither forward but you're too far for them to reach. Ulrik?

lothbrok
2012-11-08, 09:52 PM
"hahhaa i could use a swim" i head towards the river pausing at the edge of the bank and turning to shout "come on ye bastards ye got to work for ye food now"

Provengreil
2012-11-08, 10:01 PM
Which brings it to me.

I'll drop my remaining fires, and take a move action to get to Aalem and Ulrik on the other side of the river.

"Now we watch, see if anything happens or if my brilliant idea will actually have no effect. Ulrik, grab my spear; I know you prefer your axe but the spear is magical and won't succomb to the ooze's acid as easily if we need to fight them anyway."

(The spear is in my inventory, which here means on my back. it'll take hom a movement action to retrieve it.)

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-08, 10:20 PM
Aalem stays where he's at, readying himself for the approach of the cubes. They slither forward, coming to a halt 15 feet from the river.

Ulrik?

lothbrok
2012-11-08, 10:23 PM
i drop my axe and grab the spear reading it for battle the prepare an action to jump out of the way into the river if the ooze attempts to grapple or charge me

Provengreil
2012-11-08, 10:26 PM
I'll grab an acid flask, but other than that I'll just wait a round.

"Give them a moment, lets see what they do."

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-08, 10:35 PM
Aalem steps back a bit from the river, holding his palms out and watching the oozes warily.

The oozes slither forward, ending up just at the edge of the river. Ulrik?

lothbrok
2012-11-08, 10:39 PM
i let them cross but hold the spear ready

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-08, 10:41 PM
Aalem still watches. The oozes proceed into the river after you. The more heavily damaged one collapses into a floating puddle of inanimate slime. The less damage of the two seems to lose a bit of its mass, but keeps going, ending its move within 5 feet of Ulrik.

Ulrik, it's your move.

lothbrok
2012-11-08, 10:52 PM
i take a 5ft step away from the ooze (putting me at 10ft away) lunge my spear at the ooze

attack

damage
[1d8+15

lothbrok
2012-11-08, 10:53 PM
damage

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-08, 10:56 PM
Ulrik spears through the last remaining slime creature, reducing it to a pile of slop, though you notice it had the remains of a fellow competitor inside, and that he has some nice-looking gear...

Each of you gain 875 XP.

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-15, 08:22 PM
The gelatinous cube drops a couple of bodies, on which you find several items... four very fine pearls, three bottle of well-preserved wine, many rather sticky owl feathers, a warped-looking greatsword, a dull black breastplate, and a ring.

lothbrok
2012-11-15, 08:26 PM
"now this is pretty" i say as i reach for the greatsword

Provengreil
2012-11-15, 08:29 PM
I'll pocket the pearls and feathers, I recognize those as ingredients if we find someone capable of preparing Identify.

as for the other items, I'll burn my last spell to cast detect amgic and scan them over.

IthilanorStPete
2012-11-15, 09:45 PM
Hide roll: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-16, 01:28 PM
Summary:
Yesterday, after defeating the released Gelatinous Cubes, Ignus, Ulrik, and Aalem returned to camp and were fully rested. In the morning, another party stumbled upon their camp, Jikkajak with two new allies: Thraen the gnome and Serville Celglad Izzet the elf. After introductions and the identifying of a few unknown items, you found out that you were among the last on the island, and lit a bonfire to attract the final contestant. She arrived on a titanic construct made of local wildlife (including one huge orca whale) and the bodies of hundreds of other contestants. Beside her was a construct made primarily from a black half-dragon.
A lengthy battle saw both constructs destroyed and the woman burnt to a crisp. You now stand in a clearing containing your camp, many trees to the south destroyed by the lumbering dead orca.

After a few minutes, you feel the tattoos upon your chests begin to grow warm. the immense floating castle drifts overhead, and releases a white room exactly like the first one you arrived upon this island in (for clarification, the octagon-shaped room is made of white stone, 100ft from wall to wall and is 15ft high. Each of the four doors upon it has an open slot at the bottom that will fit your arm but nothing thicker, like a head. Between each pair of doors is a giant magically-animated wing. The outsides of the doors have locking mechanisms on them, one being covered in complex sturdy locks, one appears to be little more than a lever, and one has a button on it. The fourth wall on the one you arrived in was actually a false door, simply carved into the white stone.) with the exception that the normally false door has been replaced by an exquisite wooden one. The room lands with a thump in the trees nearby, toppling a few of them, and wedging several in front of the locked doors. The wooden door swings open, to reveal nothing inside.
What will you do?

lothbrok
2012-11-16, 04:20 PM
"well my friends, t looks like we have someplace to be going"

Provengreil
2012-11-16, 04:21 PM
"All right, this seems to be the end, and good riddance. Everybody in."

I'll walk toward to the doorway.

lothbrok
2012-11-16, 04:22 PM
i follow him in

IthilanorStPete
2012-11-16, 04:52 PM
Fleetfoot shrugs, cautiously looking around, then tentatively walks into the flying room.

Spot/Listen checks if they're needed:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

DuSlaanesh
2012-11-16, 09:44 PM
You all walk into the room, Serville, Aalem, and Jikkajak right behind you. The room is as bare as it was when you awoke in yours.

The door shuts behind you, and you can feel a great rumbling and rush of wind as the room lifts off the ground. You can see the island through the door slots. The room is currently headed back up into the castle. Do you wish to do or say anything before it arrives?

IthilanorStPete
2012-11-16, 09:45 PM
Nothing here.

Provengreil
2012-11-16, 09:50 PM
Ignus will take a quick stock of his inventory, and decides it's no longer worth carrying around the lengths of chain he gathered early on.

Anyone who wants a 50 foot length of chain may add it to his inventory.