PDA

View Full Version : Realm Of The Mad God: I just spent a hour shooting Hobbits.

Pokonic
2012-08-19, 10:52 PM
Anyone know what this is (http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/)? I just stumbled apon the link, and it's addictive. Hypotheticly, you could reach the highest level in the game in half a hour. Then again, you better watch yourself, because when you die, it's grade-A permanent. Not the deepest game, is probably not coughing up cash for it, but it's a killer timewaster.

Strife Warzeal
2012-08-19, 11:40 PM
Anyone know what this is (http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/)? I just stumbled apon the link, and it's addictive. Hypotheticly, you could reach the highest level in the game in half a hour. Then again, you better watch yourself, because when you die, it's grade-A permanent. Not the deepest game, is probably not coughing up cash for it, but it's a killer timewaster.

It's a pretty good game, I play it often myself. Once I can be bothered to get the fame I planned to make a GitP/Ponythread guild-thingy.

I'm a fan of the necromancer class personally.

Sipex
2012-08-20, 09:21 AM
I play this all the time, good if you just have a short 30 min gaming stint before having to do something.

I'm a huge fan of the bow and staff wielding classes because of the range (especially necromancers and archers) but I'm attempting to at least get every class to 20 once.

Never gotten terribly far after hitting 20, a couple stat potions at best before I get overwhelmed or make a dumb move.

mrcarter11
2012-08-24, 10:52 PM
Just started it. How do you pick your class though. It started me as a wizard, which is fine, but then said I unlocked a new class. How do I use that class?

Strife Warzeal
2012-08-24, 11:39 PM
Just started it. How do you pick your class though. It started me as a wizard, which is fine, but then said I unlocked a new class. How do I use that class?

You only have wizard initially, when you unlock a class if you die then you can choose. The first four classes are gotten by getting the new one to level 5. After, there are I think 9 other classes you can unlock by getting X class(es) to 20.

I play it through steam (though since I linked accounts I could go browser based) so anyone feel free to add me to play. Steam ID is afro1109

Pokonic
2012-08-26, 12:39 AM
I hate Dark Elves. I hate them with a fiery passion. Not just because there stupidly near the area everyone wants to be, but they hang around Lizard Gods.

On another note, anyone seeing Werewolves? There supposed to be in deserts, but I have never seen one.

super dark33
2012-08-26, 05:07 AM
This game is cool. i really like the music.

Ill wait untill my bro's lvl 20 warrior will die and ill try the paladin thing.

Sipex
2012-08-29, 11:43 AM
I hate Dark Elves. I hate them with a fiery passion. Not just because there stupidly near the area everyone wants to be, but they hang around Lizard Gods.

On another note, anyone seeing Werewolves? There supposed to be in deserts, but I have never seen one.

I've seen them around before, although I find their presence is in the same camp as Sumos. Sometimes you find them everywhere and other times you can't find them at all.

Pokonic
2012-08-29, 06:11 PM
On another note, I just relised just how hard it is to get into a dungeon that's not filled with spiders or pirates. Honestly, I find it odd that it is easier to survive in the server-wide castle teliport thingi then go into the godlands and wait for something large to die and leave behind a portal. Admitly, the fact that a good half of the game comes after the low level cap is not surprising, but it's still rather jarring.

On another note, I got a Ring of the Pyramids on a Priest.:smallbiggrin:

Nepenthe
2012-09-01, 12:31 AM
I started this today. Played the first three classes (unlocked Rogue but haven't tried it yet.) I don't get how fame is calculated though. My Wizard died in the server teleport thingy at level 6 and got 26 fame. Then I slogged through 9 levels as a Priest and only got 8 fame. Is what kills you important?

Xapi
2012-09-01, 03:30 PM
I started this today. Played the first three classes (unlocked Rogue but haven't tried it yet.) I don't get how fame is calculated though. My Wizard died in the server teleport thingy at level 6 and got 26 fame. Then I slogged through 9 levels as a Priest and only got 8 fame. Is what kills you important?

You get a fame bonus on your first char, so basically the 26 is the "odd" number.

Normally you should expect your fame to be around 1 per level until you reach level 20, then you stop leveling and start killing gods so you can start picking up some real fame.

Nepenthe
2012-09-01, 07:58 PM
Ah, thank you. My first Archer is at 11 now, and I'm hoping to have a good run with him. Some random guy gave me really nice armor when I had just started the character. People in this game are so nice!

Zeful
2012-09-01, 11:49 PM
I've played it a couple of times, but could never really get into it. The game is essentially "Grind, Grind, Grind." until 20 and then "grind, grind, grind" for the rest of the game. Not to terribly much of interest outside of the grind.

Sipex
2012-09-04, 03:12 PM
Finally got my knight to level 20, now I have all the classes unlocked. Top it off, I've got some nice loot in my vault for the next couple of characters.

Yeah, the game is pretty one dimensional, but the unique challenge and the short time it takes to get from 1-20 (approx 1-2 hours) keeps it interesting for me.

Madara
2012-09-05, 08:24 PM
So have any of you discovered "Trains"

Because of how XP is handed to any in the area, large groups just plow through gods. You can gain your first 6 levels in a minute or two. But warning: Stay in the middle of the pack, and know the escape hotkey. Unless the train has at least 10, its dangerous.

But yeah, it'd be cool to have a guild. We could theoreticly have meet-ups

Xondoure
2012-09-05, 09:06 PM
So have any of you discovered "Trains"

Because of how XP is handed to any in the area, large groups just plow through gods. You can gain your first 6 levels in a minute or two. But warning: Stay in the middle of the pack, and know the escape hotkey. Unless the train has at least 10, its dangerous.

But yeah, it'd be cool to have a guild. We could theoreticly have meet-ups

Do this all the time, really useful for looting items that would be crap at 20 but make you a god at low levels if you decide to play normal.

Madara
2012-09-05, 09:44 PM
Do this all the time, really useful for looting items that would be crap at 20 but make you a god at low levels if you decide to play normal.

What do you mean by normal? Also, I have noted that apparently priests are the best class.

Xondoure
2012-09-06, 01:49 AM
What do you mean by normal? Also, I have noted that apparently priests are the best class.

Oh slogging through the grind instead of riding the fast track.

Madara
2012-09-06, 04:30 PM
Oh slogging through the grind instead of riding the fast track.

Ah. I switch between the two at level 10. I find that that level gives me enough hp to survive trains.

Pokonic
2012-09-06, 04:51 PM
I just go through a small towns worth of elves, level up to around three, and head to the Godlands for sweet, sweet experiance and hopefuly grab a level 7 item. The, go into the mid-tier areas and skip around and slaughter things.

Madara
2012-09-06, 05:53 PM
I started a priest. I've been getting no drops, or drops for other classes. I still have a T3 tome....

at level 20, despite my T8 wand.

Pokonic
2012-09-06, 08:14 PM
I started a priest. I've been getting no drops, or drops for other classes. I still have a T3 tome....

at level 20, despite my T8 wand.

Apperently, most of the good stuff comes from surviving the dungeons and hopefuly snagging the boss's uber drops before the other greedy buggers your allies get them.

Telok
2012-09-06, 11:17 PM
It's a cute little game, almost no depth but rather pleasant for that.

The name Telok was already taken so I'm on under Spavin.

Madara
2012-09-07, 04:13 PM
Apperently, most of the good stuff comes from surviving the dungeons and hopefuly snagging the boss's uber drops before the other greedy buggers your allies get them.

Indeed, which is why you adventure with other classes, because then you can get the stuff you need. Or you find nice people you trust to adventure with.

I'm on the Midwest 2 server :smallsmile:
"Sensra"

Halberd
2012-09-08, 08:10 AM
Oh yeah, I remember this game. I got into it around a year ago, got pretty powerful, and then quit for some reason. Might get back into it sometime if a guild of Playgrounders is created.
Also, Necromancer is the best class, but Priest is a close second.

Madara
2012-09-09, 07:59 AM
Oh yeah, I remember this game. I got into it around a year ago, got pretty powerful, and then quit for some reason. Might get back into it sometime if a guild of Playgrounders is created.
Also, Necromancer is the best class, but Priest is a close second.

Depends on your goal. Necromancer is hard, and neither of them do enough damage to get the good drops, but I suppose that balances the healing.

AgentofOdd
2012-09-09, 06:12 PM
Ah RotMG, I started playing it when another thread here recommended it. Mostly stopped playing now because I feel I've done almost everything that's available in the game, but I do log in every once in awhile to do some bullet hell gaming. Currently I've a 6/8 Mystic that's being ignored because he lost his amulet and two unpotted characters that die for fame.

Depends on your goal. Necromancer is hard, and neither of them do enough damage to get the good drops, but I suppose that balances the healing.Hmm? The Necromancer fights just as well as the wizard. I mean sure their special doesn't do as much damage, but specials deal only a small fraction of the damage needed to kill things. Now priests on the other hand... I do love playing them, but gods, you're not getting any drops unless you solo.

Halberd
2012-09-09, 07:18 PM
Now priests on the other hand... I do love playing them, but gods, you're not getting any drops unless you solo.

Yeah, priests are an interestingly contradictory mix of being one of the most useful "team" classes and practically having to avoid large groups to get drops. I've found that the Crystal Wand's piercing can help your drop chances, especially at stuff like Cube Gods and Skull Shrines that are surrounded by minions.

Madara
2012-09-09, 09:11 PM
I really feel like we ought to make a guild for Gtip.

Can I be a Sorcerer? I've been working my way to that class for quite some time.:smallsmile: And I should have it when someone gets enough fame to start a guild.

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-09, 10:13 PM
I really feel like we ought to make a guild for Gtip.

Can I be a Sorcerer? I've been working my way to that class for quite some time.:smallsmile: And I should have it when someone gets enough fame to start a guild.

Like I said in at the start of the thread, once I can be bothered to get the last bit I need, I plan to make one. I'm almost there, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Halberd
2012-09-10, 07:06 AM
I have around 7k fame still in my account, so I could start a guild if you like.

Sipex
2012-09-10, 08:30 AM
Oh hey, we're starting a guild? Count me in!

I somehow, miraculously got my usual username so I'm Sipex.

AgentofOdd
2012-09-10, 10:33 AM
I doubt I'll be active enough to be an member of a guild, but I would be happy to donate equipment. I have a bunch that I'm too lazy to sell. :smallredface:

Sipex
2012-09-10, 10:36 AM
Eh, I don't know how active everyone in the guild will be, but it'll be nice just to have a handful of players we know we can trust.

Loki_42
2012-09-10, 02:39 PM
Well, I've been playing this a bit. I could be interested in a guild.

Madara
2012-09-10, 05:18 PM
Hiho guildmates!

Now the real question is, what server? And What time?

I'm on as Sensra, and I hope at least one other guildmate can run around with me. :smallbiggrin:

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-10, 08:18 PM
Hiho guildmates!

Now the real question is, what server? And What time?

I'm on as Sensra, and I hope at least one other guildmate can run around with me. :smallbiggrin:

I usually play on US-midwest as it's not as crowded as east (where I live) but still has good connection. I could probably go to any other server though. I'm on steam as IAmNotFromEarth (where I play from) or Crossings in-game.

Madara
2012-09-10, 09:49 PM
I usually play on US-midwest as it's not as crowded as east (where I live) but still has good connection. I could probably go to any other server though. I'm on steam as IAmNotFromEarth (where I play from) or Crossings in-game.

Yes! Another Midwesterner! I usually go on US-Midwest 2, because its less crowded than US-Midwest. Still, I could go on pretty much any US server.

Sipex
2012-09-11, 08:17 AM
I play on east, but really, it's no hassle to change around.

AgentofOdd
2012-09-12, 01:23 AM
My character is also called "AgentofOdd." Generally, I tend to go with MidWest2 cause of all the crowding. And like the others, I've no problem moving about.

On a minor note, I'm tickled pink the developers made the Mystic far more useful by allowing us to stasis the minions that help out the harder bosses (link (https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/138816) for more information). Truth be told, I wonder if this makes the class a bit too useful...

Sipex
2012-09-12, 09:56 AM
Nice! I'm playing through my Mystic now, so that should be useful.

Also, you apparently get xp for killing the golem satellites now, not that I ever do it, the things zip around too much and can take too much damage to be worth it.

Madara
2012-09-12, 04:07 PM
I agree, but the Mystic seems to be one of the most useful classes.

Telok
2012-09-12, 06:15 PM
Also, you apparently get xp for killing the golem satellites now, not that I ever do it, the things zip around too much and can take too much damage to be worth it.

The large satellite stops moving when the golem is dead, the small ones stop when the large on is dead. But yeah, it's too much bother to kill them.

An interesting note about the Ent Ancients that I found on the wiki. After the first hit they don't attack or take damage for the first six seconds or so. But during those seconds they tally the damage that would have been done to them and power up based on that total. So if you want an easy Ent solo just hit it once and wait until it attacks you back.

Now I'm working a knight to 20 to unlock paladin. These sword classes are great at taking out normal bosses and minions (drake killing is a wonderful way to level these guys), but they blow at fighting gods. My warrior couldn't even catch the spider lair god to hit it with that pathetic short range and low speed.

Steam doesn't play nice on my linux box so I'm browser based and completely server agnostic.

Madara
2012-09-12, 08:10 PM
The large satellite stops moving when the golem is dead, the small ones stop when the large on is dead. But yeah, it's too much bother to kill them.

An interesting note about the Ent Ancients that I found on the wiki. After the first hit they don't attack or take damage for the first six seconds or so. But during those seconds they tally the damage that would have been done to them and power up based on that total. So if you want an easy Ent solo just hit it once and wait until it attacks you back.

Now I'm working a knight to 20 to unlock paladin. These sword classes are great at taking out normal bosses and minions (drake killing is a wonderful way to level these guys), but they blow at fighting gods. My warrior couldn't even catch the spider lair god to hit it with that pathetic short range and low speed.

Steam doesn't play nice on my linux box so I'm browser based and completely server agnostic.

Ah yes, I shall join you in Linux grief :smallsmile: Browser-based have become all I have.

AgentofOdd
2012-09-13, 08:29 PM
I'm curious. Is there any advantages to playing on Steam?

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-13, 08:35 PM
I'm curious. Is there any advantages to playing on Steam?

Not specifically, as most the benefits can be done with other things.

I would imagine there may be some benefits loading the game from your computer rather than an internet browser though, but that's about it.

Zeful
2012-09-13, 08:56 PM
Not specifically, as most the benefits can be done with other things.

I would imagine there may be some benefits loading the game from your computer rather than an internet browser though, but that's about it.

Probably because having tried it out again (peer pressure!) my system started intermittently freezing running it from Kongregate where all my info is. Trying it again and keeping an eye on my CPU and memory, Realm of the Mad God was maxing out all four cores of my CPU, contrarily since closing it down, my system has yet to break 10% of my CPU's capacity.

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-13, 09:03 PM
Probably because having tried it out again (peer pressure!) my system started intermittently freezing running it from Kongregate where all my info is. Trying it again and keeping an eye on my CPU and memory, Realm of the Mad God was maxing out all four cores of my CPU, contrarily since closing it down, my system has yet to break 10% of my CPU's capacity.

You can combine Realm info with your Steam, so if your problem is with the browser in some form. You could set it up from Steam if that makes it better.

Zeful
2012-09-13, 09:08 PM
You can combine Realm info with your Steam, so if your problem is with the browser in some form. You could set it up from Steam if that makes it better.

I don't have access to the account info from Kongregate. So that's not happening.

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-13, 09:47 PM
I don't have access to the account info from Kongregate. So that's not happening.

Really? That sucks. I'm not really sure how Kongregate interacts with Realm as I already had my account before it appeared on there.

AgentofOdd
2012-09-14, 04:44 AM
I don't have access to the account info from Kongregate. So that's not happening.According to this (https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/27826) tutorial it's possible for Kongregate users to extract an url that'll automatically log them into the game using the Firefox plugin Firebug. Haven't tested it myself unfortunately since I play using the browser.

Madara
2012-09-15, 01:22 PM
I did it! I unlocked Sorcerer! :smallbiggrin:

Mutant Sheep
2012-09-15, 02:32 PM
I just tried this and it is way to much fun right now. Fourhand, because MutantSheep is just ONE too long. :smallannoyed::smalltongue: MidWest2 seems the nicer server, they gave me a ton of crap for my first wizard. (He died at level 6 anyways, but hey. Thought that counts. :smallbiggrin:)

Madara
2012-09-15, 03:28 PM
I just tried this and it is way to much fun right now. Fourhand, because MutantSheep is just ONE too long. :smallannoyed::smalltongue: MidWest2 seems the nicer server, they gave me a ton of crap for my first wizard. (He died at level 6 anyways, but hey. Thought that counts. :smallbiggrin:)

That's the server I'm on. The problem is, I get all this nice loot that I can't use. If I were a warrior class, I'd be really happy right now. T7 Swords all around, plus a few T7 Armor. None of which I could use. So I tried trading(The worst feature of the game in my opinion is trying to trade when there is no currency), but no traders. So, that means I just gave the stuff away. :smallannoyed: Still have a gold sword in my chest if anyone wants it.

mrcarter11
2012-09-15, 11:45 PM
Can someone explain how the vault works?

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-15, 11:51 PM
Can someone explain how the vault works?

It's pretty simple, it's storage for items you aren't using or can't use.

For example: You are playing a wizard but you find a high tier bow, well what are you going to do with it? Basically you can throw it in storage until your character dies and you play a class that can use it.

You start of with one chest that can hold eight items. You can purchase more by spending gold/real money (same thing essentially). That's really all there is to it.

mrcarter11
2012-09-15, 11:53 PM
That's what I assumed, and then I put a few items there last time I played, got on today, and all those items are gone. I had some stuff, that I think was pretty decent, like a t6 wand.

Madara
2012-09-16, 08:00 AM
That's what I assumed, and then I put a few items there last time I played, got on today, and all those items are gone. I had some stuff, that I think was pretty decent, like a t6 wand.

That's odd. Did you put them in the chest?

Otherwise I'll see if I can pick something up for you. What class are you playing?

AgentofOdd
2012-09-16, 12:59 PM
I'd also we happy to give away some items since I'm kind of running low on storage space anyways.

Btw, does anyone know why EUWest is suddenly just as crowded as USWest? Is there an influx of European players?

Mutant Sheep
2012-09-16, 01:37 PM
I dont get the guild thing. Invite system, right?:smallconfused: I FEEL ALOOOOONE. :smallfrown::smalltongue: Is there a gitp guild now? Can i join? Question?:smallbiggrin:

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-16, 01:43 PM
I dont get the guild thing. Invite system, right?:smallconfused: I FEEL ALOOOOONE. :smallfrown::smalltongue: Is there a gitp guild now? Can i join? Question?:smallbiggrin:

I don't know if anyone got around to making an in-game one, but I would suggest a twofold system by making a GitP RotMG (acronyms EVERYWHERE) Steam group. It makes it easy to arrange guild-wide play times, servers, getting invites to people who want to join, etc.

Thoughts on names, if others agree on the idea. I was thinking something simple like combining the two names in some form.

Madara
2012-09-16, 01:51 PM

Well, I just also hit 700 fame. So the race is on to see who can hit 1000. Now if only I could stop dying...:smalltongue:

Name:
Giants of the Realm?
Playground of the Mad God?

Also. I do not have steam.

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-16, 02:02 PM
Well, I just also hit 700 fame. So the race is on to see who can hit 1000. Now if only I could stop dying...:smalltongue:

Name:
Giants of the Realm?
Playground of the Mad God?

Also. I do not have steam.

That can be solved with a simple travel to here. (https://store.steampowered.com/join/?&snr=1_60_4__62) Steam can be completely browser based, I was just suggesting it for it's convenient group/who's online feature stuffs, as well as it's events/announcements feature.

I vote for Playground of the Mad God, personally.

Madara
2012-09-16, 02:04 PM
That can be solved with a simple travel to here. (https://store.steampowered.com/join/?&snr=1_60_4__62) Steam can be completely browser based, I was just suggesting it for it's convenient group/who's online feature stuffs, as well as it's events/announcements feature.

I vote for Playground of the Mad God, personally.

System Requirements
Windows XP, Vista, or 7
512 MB RAM
1 Ghz or faster processor

:smallfrown: I don't have windows. That's my goal for this year, find a good laptop that runs windows so I can game on it.

Strife Warzeal
2012-09-16, 02:12 PM
:smallfrown: I don't have windows. That's my goal for this year, find a good laptop that runs windows so I can game on it.

What do you run on? As Steam works for both Windows and Mac now. Linux? Also I was just suggesting it was possible to run steam in a browser and do group functions strictly through that.

Madara
2012-09-16, 02:26 PM
What do you run on? As Steam works for both Windows and Mac now. Linux? Also I was just suggesting it was possible to run steam in a browser and do group functions strictly through that.

Linux indeed :smallredface:

Its nice besides the fact that most things aren't made for it. But if Steam runs on a browser, that'd be fine. Also, I just got my first potion from one of the gods! :smallbiggrin: Speed potion. I'll save it for later, I'm thinking of being the group's sorcerer, cleric, or Mystic. We'll see. :smallsmile:

Xondoure
2012-09-16, 04:12 PM
I'm Xondoure in RotG, could be fun to play with you guys sometime.

Madara
2012-09-16, 04:44 PM
I'm Xondoure in RotG, could be fun to play with you guys sometime.

I have a feeling It'd be nice to play with people consistantly, so we share the loot based on class. Rather than who grabs it first :smallsigh:

Telok
2012-09-16, 05:33 PM
Is is me or is knight just a pathetic speed bump on they way to paladin and trickster? Archer is pretty bad too, for me at least.

I guess I'll 20 the mystic-sorcerer-trickster trio before I solidify any opinions on them, but I'm not very impressed yet. My personal favourites seem to be necromancer, huntress, and priest so far.

Loot sharing is always better than gank-o-loot systems.

Madara
2012-09-16, 06:11 PM
Is is me or is knight just a pathetic speed bump on they way to paladin and trickster? Archer is pretty bad too, for me at least.

I guess I'll 20 the mystic-sorcerer-trickster trio before I solidify any opinions on them, but I'm not very impressed yet. My personal favourites seem to be necromancer, huntress, and priest so far.

Loot sharing is always better than gank-o-loot systems.

Archer is actually pretty solid. I don't know about Knight, but the melee classes can be pretty good because they have a TON more hp and armor and can fight bosses for longer and are closer to the loot drops. They also have good damage.

AgentofOdd
2012-09-16, 07:22 PM
Is is me or is knight just a pathetic speed bump on they way to paladin and trickster? Archer is pretty bad too, for me at least.Yea I feel your pain. The knight can be an excellent boss killer with their ability to stun enemies and their potential to have the highest defense in game. Unfortunately, without farming status potions to get that high defense, they're fairly useless since they won't be able to get close to bosses without it, and their close range fighting style makes them difficult to use while fighting everyday monsters, especially once you get to the God lands.

As for archers... they're also good against certain bosses that move about (assuming you can actually use their special effectively) though the general belief is the knight is better.
I guess I'll 20 the mystic-sorcerer-trickster trio before I solidify any opinions on them, but I'm not very impressed yet. My personal favourites seem to be necromancer, huntress, and priest so far.Mystics are good when you wish to save yourself/group from swarms of enemies, and can stun the minions of the boss monsters. Useful when fighting the Sphinx, the Cube God, or Oryx himself. Sorcerers aren't great, but their ability to land a guaranteed hit on many monsters at once increase their chances of getting loot in a crowd. Tricksters suck unequivocally but some do enjoy the challenge.

Pokonic
2012-09-17, 03:45 PM
I personaly hope that Tricksters get some sort of overhaul. I mean, why not something like, say, temporarily causing your bullets to slow down as you keep shooting and then they speed up to unavoidable velocity at once?

Madara
2012-09-17, 05:52 PM
I keep dying at level 10 because I solo, the last time I partied, they took the loot :smallfrown:

Its kinda frustrating that there isn't a loot share feature, and there isn't currency because that makes trade very hard.

AgentofOdd
2012-09-17, 09:17 PM
I personaly hope that Tricksters get some sort of overhaul. I mean, why not something like, say, temporarily causing your bullets to slow down as you keep shooting and then they speed up to unavoidable velocity at once?Oh I hope so, especially since latest thing they gave that class is even worse than what they already have.
I keep dying at level 10 because I solo, the last time I partied, they took the loot :smallfrown:

Its kinda frustrating that there isn't a loot share feature, and there isn't currency because that makes trade very hard.Well we do have soulbound items. Basically, if you get a higher quality drop that comes in purple, blue, and white bags, only you can see or pick up the loot. And I've found you get more drops if you work with a small group of people, so the game does encourage some teamwork. But unfortunately, this really only applies to the god land players.

There is a currency of shorts that's based on the status boosting pots but yea, once again that only helps out the ones who regularly fight in the godlands.

Madara
2012-09-17, 09:24 PM
Oh I hope so, especially since latest thing they gave that class is even worse than what they already have.Well we do have soulbound items. Basically, if you get a higher quality drop that comes in purple, blue, and white bags, only you can see or pick up the loot. And I've found you get more drops if you work with a small group of people, so the game does encourage some teamwork. But unfortunately, this really only applies to the god land players.

There is a currency of shorts that's based on the status boosting pots but yea, once again that only helps out the ones who regularly fight in the godlands.

Yeah, I can't get good enough equipment to go in the godlands because I get items for other classes, which I can't trade because there is no currency, which I can't get because I can't go in the godlands. The only way out of the loop is to get lucky on a drop. Even my soulbound loot has been dissapointing lately. :smallyuk:

AgentofOdd
2012-09-17, 09:50 PM
There is a way to get the items you'd need... for free even. But, it is somewhat risky.

If you play on the USMidWest server, and you enter a realm that's full, you'll find that there tends to be large groups of level 20 players in the god lands that quickly mow down anything in their path (unofficially they're called god land trains). If you stick around them, you'll eventually (within 5-30 minutes) be given items that'll make you strong enough for that area. Folks in that area also can't sell most of their drops so they just toss it or give it someone who needs it. The large group will act as human shields which should protect a player from the worst of the god lands.

Sipex
2012-10-15, 03:38 PM
Just hit 900 fame, getting close. I need to make sure nobody else set up the guild first however.

Pokonic
2012-10-25, 06:13 PM
There is a way to get the items you'd need... for free even. But, it is somewhat risky.

If you play on the USMidWest server, and you enter a realm that's full, you'll find that there tends to be large groups of level 20 players in the god lands that quickly mow down anything in their path (unofficially they're called god land trains). If you stick around them, you'll eventually (within 5-30 minutes) be given items that'll make you strong enough for that area. Folks in that area also can't sell most of their drops so they just toss it or give it someone who needs it. The large group will act as human shields which should protect a player from the worst of the god lands.

I will confess: I did not know one could telaport until a week into playing it. Godland trains a great, even more so if a dungon drops.:smallbiggrin:

cyberwolf247
2012-11-16, 11:29 AM
Hi guys my ign is Catrap if your guild is to full or you need an invite I have a guild https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/86901

If you need help on how to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADVGO4oaIRY

And here's and advance strategy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lHjMzK-fIs

And here's a price guide if you need to know trading cost https://t.co/4Ld7vrfL

I hope some of this helps:D

Sipex
2012-11-16, 12:37 PM
I believe we never got that guild set up. I'll probably join your guild once I inevitably pick this game up again.

Xondoure
2012-11-16, 12:53 PM
Can anyone direct me on how to leave a guild?

Gbrngfol
2012-11-20, 12:54 AM
Can anyone direct me on how to leave a guild?

Go to the "Make a Guild" podium and leave there.