PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 Wondrous Items] The Two Hands

Lohj
2012-08-19, 11:22 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/069/e/3/the_first_and_the_last_by_luketheripper-d4sa77o.jpg
Image done by Luke The Ripper (http://luketheripper.deviantart.com/art/The-First-And-The-Last-289369860?q=boost%3Apopular%20Mist%20armor&qo=45), at DeviantArt.com.

The glove in your hand seems to emit a shadowy aura, but you can still see the areas behind it just fine. Your eyes, it seems, do not want to focus on it. Sliding it on, you can feel a cool pressure settle upon your body, like you're wearing a blanket. Looking at your own body, you find yourself shrouded in shadows, your form flickering as the shadows dance like fire blowing in the wind. You shrug, taking this in stride. It may help you, after all, survive the onslaught of orcs you are facing. In the next room, you chance upon an Orc Barbarian. When he sees you, his remaining eye widens, then he roars, charging you. He cleaves his axe into you with blinding speed. You tense to dodge, but instead, a little voice inside your head says to simply lean to the left. You do so, and you appear to start jumping to the left, and the Orc's axe follows suit. It smashes into the ground beside you, and you impale the Orc, his face a mask of shock. You pull your sword free, and start to wipe it on your plate armored leg. Upon doing so, you receive a small shock. Your normal plate armor is not what you feel! Instead, you realize, your new gauntlet has shifted your armor into the shadows that now cloak you. "You are fine, for the armor, and ourselves, will protect you. You will triumph, master. You will."

Gauntlet of Shadow

Description: The Gauntlet looks like a plate gauntlet that has a nearly-invisible black flame that flows in all directions flowing from it.
Activation: Merely wearing the Gauntlet activates all of it's effects, as you desire. Any armor you are wearing while wearing the Gauntlet becomes weightless and indistinct, making it impossible to destroy, except by first destroying the Gauntlet, as well as making the armor weightless. In addition, any enemies trying to attack you have 50% miss chance to hit, even in the brightest light. This is not a mind altering affect, nor is it one that affects only the eyes. Your form truly mixes with the shadows around you, and nothing can dispel this effect. This gives a +5 bonus to Hide checks made, even while in plain sight.

Aura/Caster Level: Strong Illusion and Transmutation; Caster Level 13th.

Construction: Crafting Wondrous Items, Blink, Darkness, Obscuring Mist, Levitate, 30,300 gp, 2,500 XP, and 30 nights.
Weight: When placed on a scale, weighs 3 pounds. When held, is weightless,
Price: 60, 514 gp
__________________________________________________ _______________

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/132/e/a/lindsey_de_villiers_by_nuisancebeareull-d3g6wsh.jpg
Image done by Nuisance Beareull, at DeviantArt.com

Gauntlet of Wings

Grinning Smugly, Gira stared down his opponent. He had been sweating since early morning, completing task after task in order come this far. He would finally knock that stupid smirk off of the rich man's face. He raised his Glaive, and pointed it as the small man. The man wore a full suit of plate mail, and seem to be struggling to wield his own spear. In one hand was the spear, clasped in a naked fist and the other was naked, as well, his pale flesh almost exemplified by the streaming sunlight. Then, a servant stepped forward, two feathered gloves in his hands. No, they were gauntlets made purely of feathers, Gira saw. The other man, sticking his spear into the ground, put his hands out to take the gloves, which he did. Gira didn't understand. What was going on? But, all thoughts were wiped from his head as, when the man put the gloves on, a bright flash momentarily blinded him. When his vision cleared, the smaller man seem to be wearing a cape of feathers, which rippled in the wind, all armor gone, except for the pair of leather pants he was wearing, and his gloves, which were now featherless, and seem to be made of leather, a bright sigil burning on it. But, that couldn't be. They were in a ruins, the ground broken, yes, the ceiling shattered, yes, but all the walls stood. So how did the cape move so? He shook his head, seeing the referee motioning to start the match. Gira charged, slamming the glaive down with all his might, hoping to kill the man in one blow. The man was still reaching for his spear, as the glaive descended, making no move to dodge. Gira felt a fierce joy in his body, the glaive smashing into his opponents unprotected head. At least, it should have. Instead, the cape rushed in a fluid motion, deflecting the blow as if it was made of solid steel plate. Gira unbalanced, fell back, and barely noticed the spear take him through his heart, the shock of the magic armor still numbing his senses.

Description: The Gauntlet looks like a plate gauntlet fashioned purely out of swan feathers. When activated, they turn into a pair of hardened leather gauntlets, with burning sigils of power on them.
Activation: Merely wearing the Gauntlet activates all of it's effects, as you desire. Any armor you are wearing while wearing the Gauntlet becomes as light as a feather, and shifts into a cape that hangs from your shoulders, never quite touching the ground. It is indestructible and weightless, only able to be destroyed if the Gauntlet is destroyed first. The Gauntlet gives you a +4 deflection bonus to your AC, as your new 'armor' is aware, and able to better to protect you.

Aura/Caster Level: Strong Transmutation; Caster Level 13.

Construction: Craft Wondrous Items, Levitate, Stoneskin, 30,500 Gp, 2,70 Xp, 30 days.
Weight: When placed on a scale, weighs 3 pounds. When held, is weightless.
Price: 60,453 GP

Lohj
2012-08-19, 11:24 PM
Reserved, just in case.

Lohj
2012-08-20, 10:40 AM
Welp, I cannot think of anything to add, so, *insert guiltless bump*
Peach away.

General Patton
2012-08-20, 11:36 AM
Artifacts can't be created by Player Characters. You also mention the possibility of them being destroyed, which is virtually impossible for Artifacts. I believe these would be Wondrous Items.

Lohj
2012-08-20, 11:46 AM
Artifacts can't be created by Player Characters. You also mention the possibility of them being destroyed, which is virtually impossible for Artifacts. I believe these would be Wondrous Items.

Thank you! I knew I forgot something. I remade these things three times, and something slipped through. I will gladly change them to Wonderous items.