PDA

View Full Version : [PF] TWF Speed Revolvers?

jaybird
2012-08-19, 11:39 PM
As a Gunslinger in Pathfinder, if you put Speed on both your revolvers, do they both get an extra shot? What if you put Speed on one revolver and got someone to Haste you? I'm mainly looking for a way for a TWF slinger to empty both his revolvers in a single round :smallbiggrin:

Thump
2012-08-19, 11:42 PM
You would get the extra attack from each revolver, but Speed does not stack with Haste under any circumstances for the attacks.

Wonton
2012-08-19, 11:56 PM
Been thinking about that too but it's hard to get above 10 attacks a round (BAB 16, Greater TWF, Speed x2, Rapid Shot).

grarrrg
2012-08-20, 12:19 AM
Been thinking about that too but it's hard to get above 10 attacks a round (BAB 16, Greater TWF, Speed x2, Rapid Shot).

*cough* Gundolon *cough*

Wonton
2012-08-20, 12:39 AM
*cough* Gundolon *cough*

The goal isn't to maximize number of attacks, it's to get 6 attacks out with each hand. As far as I know, your Gundolon only gets 1 attack per round with each hand.

Slipperychicken
Be aware that two +1 Speed Revolvers will be about 64k. It's only affordable at 11th level, and remains very expensive for a while. It'll be painful to put Seeking on them (ignoring miss chance is so sweet) until higher levels.

But yeah, Eidolons serve as a huge obscene gesture toward noncasters in PF.

EDIT: Speed explicitly doesn't stack with Haste, and you can easily make the argument that two Speed weapons wouldn't stack, since they give a "similar benefit".

Ravens_cry
Weapon cords plus rapid reload make things a lot easier for reloading with revolvers. Drop free action, reload free, recover swift, drop free, reload free, recover move, and still get a shot off.
I think a vivisectionist alchemist or ninja would be pretty awesome for this build at higher levels.

grarrrg
2012-08-20, 04:28 PM
The goal isn't to maximize number of attacks, it's to get 6 attacks out with each hand. As far as I know, your Gundolon only gets 1 attack per round with each hand.

I was responding directly to this:

Not responding to the thread as a whole.
Gundolon can easily have 10 attacks per round at level 8-ish (including 1 level for Gunslinger, slightly earlier with Half-Elf and Extra Evo feat.).

But yes, as for emptying a 6 shot weapon in 1 round, that is tricky, let alone TWO 6 shot weapons.

Wonton
2012-08-20, 06:27 PM
And I was responding to the original post, which means it was implied that my "10 attacks" value was for only 2 hands. :smallannoyed:

Novawurmson
2012-08-20, 06:46 PM
Absolutely not. I asked James Jacobs this directly (http://paizo.com/forums/dmtz2u4o&page=344?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#17175) a while back to prove a point to someone.

No... speed effects, whether they come from multiple speed weapons or multiple haste spells or any combination of the two, do not stack. You can only ever gain 1 additional attack from a haste effect in a round.

jaybird
2012-08-20, 07:12 PM
Aww...that's saddening. Still, I think it's possible with a 2 level dip in Ninja for Ki Pool - spend 1 Ki to get one additional attack, which is all this build needed :smallbiggrin:

Wonton
2012-08-20, 07:50 PM
Aww...that's saddening. Still, I think it's possible with a 2 level dip in Ninja for Ki Pool - spend 1 Ki to get one additional attack, which is all this build needed :smallbiggrin:

Now if only PF ninjas were like 3.5 where the Ki pool was based off Wisdom. I mean, I guess you could go Mysterious Stranger and just focus on Cha... but I think Wisdom fits both classes better, personally.

jaybird
2012-08-20, 09:59 PM
Now if only PF ninjas were like 3.5 where the Ki pool was based off Wisdom. I mean, I guess you could go Mysterious Stranger and just focus on Cha... but I think Wisdom fits both classes better, personally.

Well, you don't need THAT much Wis...by the level you're concerned about that, you can afford items, Wish bonuses, tomes...Wis and Cha can both fit Ninja, they've also got the subterfuge theme to them, remember.

Wonton
2012-08-21, 03:30 AM
Well, you don't need THAT much Wis...by the level you're concerned about that, you can afford items, Wish bonuses, tomes...Wis and Cha can both fit Ninja, they've also got the subterfuge theme to them, remember.

Hm, what? :smallconfused: I was just trying to say that the Gunslinger/Ninja combo would work best if your Grit and your Ki were based off the same stat, while the base classes split it into Wis and Cha.

jaybird
2012-08-21, 12:17 PM
Hm, what? :smallconfused: I was just trying to say that the Gunslinger/Ninja combo would work best if your Grit and your Ki were based off the same stat, while the base classes split it into Wis and Cha.

Oh yeah, I'm just saying that it can be argued whether Cha is the best fit for Ninja or not haha.