PDA

View Full Version : OK so now is there a race with +2 int and is small size?

metabolicjosh
2012-08-20, 12:58 AM
What The Title Says?
I Need It So I Can Make A Hulk In Epic 6

Update 1

Now we need a LA 1 or less to make an Aberation!

So Close

Update 2

Ok now i need a Small creature with a +2 int and no la.

Will post a link to the build so far

Ravens_cry
2012-08-20, 01:02 AM
Pathfinder has the Young template (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-young-cr-1) that could be applied to humanoid species.
3.5 had a template that reduced size. I can't remember what it was called unfortunately, but the fluff was these creatures were born and raised in caves and other tight spaces.

metabolicjosh
2012-08-20, 01:07 AM
Young might work but if i could know any others that would be helpful.

Thanks

Amidus Drexel
2012-08-20, 01:12 AM
There's Dungeonbred, from Dungeonscape, although I don't remember if it had any limits on the types of creatures you could apply it to.

Ernir
2012-08-20, 01:17 AM
Dungeonbred only applies to "any corporeal aberration, animal, magical beast or vermin that is Large or bigger".

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-08-20, 01:19 AM
Dungeonbred is the template in question and it's from dungeonscape. It reduces the creatures size and effectively haves the normal strength penalty for this change while giving some other bonuses that fit a theme of being a lean mean fighting machine. Won't work for the OP though the base creature must be large or larger and must be an aberration, animal, magical beast or vermin.

metabolicjosh
2012-08-20, 11:31 AM
Well then i need a LA 1 template that makes me a aberation.

VGLordR2
2012-08-20, 11:36 AM

The only one I can think of is the Symbiotic Creature template, from Savage Species. It can get pretty overpowered, though.

Urpriest
2012-08-20, 11:41 AM

There are plenty of LA 0 Aberration races. What race are you starting with?

metabolicjosh
2012-08-20, 11:43 AM
Goliath
Im trying to side step the usual 6 level lead up to "Hulk Out"

dextercorvia
2012-08-20, 11:44 AM

What if you begin as a Half-Minotaur Elan?

OTOH, Dungeonbred doesn't have a listed LA.

Urpriest
2012-08-20, 11:53 AM
Goliath
Im trying to side step the usual 6 level lead up to "Hulk Out"

Ah. Hmm...

Actually, why do you need to be small? Already just as a Goliath Barbarian 5 you are Medium except when you rage, so a Goliath Barbarian 5/War Hulk 1 would only gain the benefits of War Hulk while in a rage. The whole point of small in most Hulk builds is the comedy value of being a kobold or a halfling or the like and doing this, but you'd be a goliath, even if a small one, so you wouldn't get that.

That said, if you still want to be small, the following applies:

So you don't need any Goliath except for qualification for the sub-level, right?

How about: you start out as a Half-Minotaur Goliath. Yes this means you're Large, seems like a step backwards. You then become a Dustform Creature, followed by Incarnate Construct. You are now a Large Giant, but also a Goliath. Then have someone cast Return to Nature on you (it's E6, so you'll need to find a Dragon or similar) twice. You will shrink to small.

metabolicjosh
2012-08-20, 12:07 PM
:smalleek: Thats a intriguing idea

dextercorvia
2012-08-20, 12:12 PM
The other reason to be small in the Hulk build (non-kobold small that is), is that you will get the benefit of two size increases when you use Mountain Rage. That is an extra +4 Str, +2 Con, IIRC. Of course you are usually paying for it with a Racial -2 Str, so it is only marginally useful.

Urpriest
2012-08-20, 12:24 PM
The other reason to be small in the Hulk build (non-kobold small that is), is that you will get the benefit of two size increases when you use Mountain Rage. That is an extra +4 Str, +2 Con, IIRC. Of course you are usually paying for it with a Racial -2 Str, so it is only marginally useful.

The only time size increases increase stats beyond what the particular size increase says is monster advancement. Starting small doesn't get you any extra Str.

dextercorvia
2012-08-20, 12:48 PM
The only time size increases increase stats beyond what the particular size increase says is monster advancement. Starting small doesn't get you any extra Str.

I thought I remembered Mountain Rage saying something about gaining those stat adjustments, but on a double check, I was wrong. Then, I guess you are right and it is just for the lulz.

metabolicjosh
2012-08-20, 12:57 PM
Ok now i need a Small creature with a +2 int and no la.

Will post a link to the build so far

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 01:01 PM
If you really don't care about the fluff, there's the beguiler, a magical beast from around page 11 of Shining South that has +6 dex, +2 int, -2 str, and is small. It also has constant true seeing and is a cohort however.

Darrin
2012-08-20, 01:10 PM
Dragonlance Gnomes: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Str, -2 Wis. Small size. Dragonlance Campaign Setting p. 27.

Urpriest
2012-08-20, 03:06 PM
Dragonlance Gnomes: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Str, -2 Wis. Small size. Dragonlance Campaign Setting p. 27.

Dragon Magazine also had the Arcane Gnome with similar stats (Con instead of Dex I think).

If you really don't care about the want really really awesome fluff, there's the beguiler, a magical beast from around page 11 of Shining South that has +6 dex, +2 int, -2 str, and is small. It also has constant true seeing and is a cohort however.

FTFY

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 03:15 PM
Dragon Magazine also had the Arcane Gnome with similar stats (Con instead of Dex I think).

FTFY

He said he was making a hulk. I personally love them.

Endarire
2012-08-20, 07:52 PM
If you go with the Blue from Expanded Psionics Handbook (and ignore the errata and get GM permission), they're no LA, but are Small and have +2 INT.

Rubik
2012-08-20, 08:01 PM
If you go with the Blue from Expanded Psionics Handbook (and ignore the errata and get GM permission), they're no LA, but are Small and have +2 INT.They REALLY should be +0 LA creatures. They're worse than both regular goblins and gray elves stat-wise, and both of those are 0 LA.