PDA

View Full Version : Advice Requested

Rickamaru
2012-08-20, 07:18 AM
Hello giants in the playground

I'm hoping to get some advice on a difficult situation i find myself in
For some background behind it, basically i was in a dnd 3.5e party and we got split. As it stands now (for various reasons outside of the rp) our dm is going to have us make a final battle at the end of the month. It is 3 v 1 all of us lvl 20. The ones i will be fighting is a scout (with good items to keep him relevant), a planar shepard of dal quor, and a warlock/warblade gestalt.

I am a warlock/cloistered cleric gestalt

i have to lvl my character to lvl 20, 2 +5 items (one will be a scythe cause thats my weapon), wondrous item, and 300k gold to spend as i choose.

I will also likely have a cr 20 red dragon to fight by my side in a random attempt to give me a shot in hell. Add to this that this is my second legitimate campaign and they have been playing for 10+ years, i'm feeling a little overwhelmed :P

I appreciate any help rendered and here is a link to my characters page on myth-weavers (he's only lvl 11 so far)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=406157

supermonkeyjoe
2012-08-20, 07:34 AM
Personally, I'd say you're boned, the fact that it's 3 vs 2 immediately works against you in terms of action economy, the fact that they have a planar shepherd of Dal quor means that they can get 30 rounds of actions against your 2, not a lot you can do against that.

Rickamaru
2012-08-20, 08:05 AM
Just got some more information and have found that the other party is setting me up to fight just the shepard. Idk why just that they are. The scout also seems to not be involved in any way to this fight (just not responding).

Does this change things? The dragon would basically be engaged with the gestalt

also the shepard player has the most experience and revels in breaking the game as best he can so i'd expect he'll throw everything he can at me

Rickamaru
2012-08-20, 08:40 AM
also, i am allowed to use a ring of wish to negate the shepards bubble of multi-round actions in 1 round

so if i go first or have a chance to rp them before the fight.

with that in mind, what can be thought up (obviously would have to buy the ring)

NikitaDarkstar
2012-08-20, 08:43 AM
Pray the shepard is nice and doesn't play to his full potential, because if he does there's really not much you can do. But I'd say summon spells (high powered ones) will be your friend. More summons means more targets, and more things that can potentially harm him.

But take my advice with a grain of salt, I've only played two campaigns that went that high in level and I got little to none experience with warlocks or clerics.

Rickamaru
2012-08-20, 09:26 AM
Well... speaking of summons i can summon an elemental monolith made of squirrels... on fire

It can shoot squirrels as magic missile of equivalent level (currently 20)

Its stats are that of a fire elemental (monolith)

i can summon 1 per round that lasts an hour per warlock lvl

I was told to say that im only allowed to do this because my dm reads so much of the order of the stick XD

And is completely ok with the elements of the elementals

Rickamaru
2012-08-21, 09:10 PM
so no brilliant ideas with the action economy evened out? Granted its an expensive way to negate but i got 400k to use (had 100k before the 300 added)

Cause i'm sure he prolly has more up his sleeve then that one trick.
Otherwise i'm gonna have to wing it and will most likely lose horribly and quickly. Want to at least put up a decent fight

Sith_Happens
2012-08-21, 11:02 PM
Well... speaking of summons i can summon an elemental monolith made of squirrels... on fire

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't even matter who's dead or alive at the end of the battle, making your opponents fight a Flaming Squirrel Elemental Monolith counts as winning in and of itself.:smallwink:

Rickamaru
2012-08-22, 08:10 AM
so spammy spam it
ok belt of battle
round 1 negate his extra-actions,
summon 2 monoliths
quicken tele to safe distance
repeat

falloutimperial
2012-08-22, 11:22 AM
The trick here, I think is to not look at this as a knock-out drag-out brawl. When overwhelming odds are against you, superior tactics can win you the day without a blow against you. It doesn't matter what level you are, the best tactic is to use the environment, other players, and items against them.

Ironlion45
2012-08-22, 02:12 PM
Your campaign was basically boned the minute your DM let someone play a Planar Shepherd. :p esp. of Del Quor.

Munchkin games get old fast; I mean there's FPS and MMOG games for people like that.

Edit: with 400k, Maybe you could try hiring an army or something.

Rickamaru
2012-08-22, 09:59 PM
had an army of followers and they are all dead now
I had started a cult based on a god who i raised to godhood from that of an imp. Which is how i became gestalt cleric. But that's just plot. I was thinking of maybe some scrolls of contingency and maybe some big debuffs if possible (use scrolls to let me get away should i be attacked)

What about an item build? I have 2 +5 items of choice (any enchants i want) and a wondrous item of choice. If it exists, its allowed

Ironlion45
2012-08-22, 11:01 PM
A wish spell. That might be your best bet.

Many DMs see wish spells as an invitation to screw with players, it's true. So it may be worth discussing with the DM beforehand to gauge their response. This of course depends on them.

But carefully-worded wishes could at least accomplish a Pyrrhic victory, though I'm not sure what wording would work. "I wish to defeat XXX in battle"?

Or you could zap them to some plane they won't likely return from; using a Wish to do this entitles them to a will save, so anything you can do to beef up that save's difficulty would be good.

Other options include ascent to godhood; why not, right?

Rickamaru
2012-08-22, 11:12 PM
godhood sounds fun lol

how would i go about doing this with what i have to work with though :P

i alrdy have to use a wish spell to negate his extra actions and possibly to negate his morphing. Cause it sounds like something stupid op

are there any limitations to this class? All i've heard about is what it can do but what can't it do? What gives it a hard time