PDA

View Full Version : OotS Stickers

Tathum
2012-08-20, 03:05 PM
Got my pack last week, loved everything, had a question about the stickers...

I was thinking of putting the Xykon one on the back window of my truck and I was curious if anyone else had tried the same.

Does it stay? Can it stand up to 80 degree heat and 50 degree cold? It barely rains here and there aren't much in temp extremes, I think the worst it would get is the occasional carwash. So does anyone know if it's a good idea and won't flake off?

The Giant
2012-08-21, 05:33 PM
I don't have any firsthand experience, but the stickers are vinyl and the manufacturer (http://standoutstickers.com/) uses the same stock and glue to make bumper stickers. So theoretically, they should be fine on the back of a car.

Silferdrake
2012-08-22, 02:13 AM
You may have more serious problems than that. It's a well known fact that Xykon's evil tends to rub off on things (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0202.html). One paladin roadblock and your truck is toast :smalleek:

cheesymetal
2012-08-22, 10:10 AM
actually this is a good question. im in south texas that has temps over 100°
, i would put them on my car if i knew they wont fade in days or weeks.

Cizak
2012-08-22, 11:29 AM
actually this is a good question. im in south texas that has temps over 100°
, i would put them on my car if i knew they wont fade in days or weeks.

That sounds really practical if you ever want boiled water.

Lecan
2012-08-22, 04:49 PM
That sounds really practical if you ever want boiled water.
In the US, we use Fahrenheit. 212 is the temperature for boiling water, not 100.

Mordokai
2012-08-22, 04:55 PM
In the US, we use Fahrenheit. 212 is the temperature for boiling water, not 100.

You do realize those two are exactly the same, right?

Divayth Fyr
2012-08-22, 04:59 PM
You do realize those two are exactly the same, right?
You do realize both values were in Fahrenheit scale?

Atcote
2012-08-24, 01:28 AM
*cough*

ANYWAY...

I've had some of my stickers (Belkar and V, specifically) stuck to my windows (not car windows) since I recieved them back in... Whenever they first came to Australia, I think. So far they've been fine in our sometimes -2 degrees C (as it's winter/spring down here, just to keep the temperature lessons going), but they did show a little wear in the rain, but aren't showing signs of dropping off.

Grape Starburst
2012-08-24, 12:29 PM
Where are the stickers sold? After I saw this thread I checked the shop link on here and that ookoodook site that is linked to in the shop for more items and I couldn't find the stickers.

ChristianSt
2012-08-24, 04:04 PM
When the stickers are being sold, there will be sold by Ookoodook, but it can take quite some time until this happens.

The people that have them now have gotten them from the Reprint Drive at Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive). Leftovers are going to be sold after all ist done.

Tathum
2012-08-24, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the advice, y'all!