PDA

View Full Version : Elf with a charisma bonus

Morithias
2012-08-20, 05:32 PM
Aside from the Drow do any of these actually exist? A La 0 elf with a charisma bonus?

Need it for a healer, but that's besides the point.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-20, 05:34 PM
I think Stat elf (some FR book) get cha bonus, in 3.5 there is anapp elf for that. Yes, even that...

VGLordR2
2012-08-20, 05:34 PM
The only one I know of is the Star Elf, from Unapproachable East.

Ravens_cry
2012-08-20, 05:35 PM
You already mentioned Drow, but Pathinder has a Drow that basically represents the common dudes that's in-line with Pathinders usual +2 +2 -2 stat set up that gets Charisma instead of Intelligence.

Roguenewb
2012-08-20, 05:47 PM
One of my favorite things about Pathfinder is the races. 3.5 races are so terrible. Once you play above level 3, most are doing so little that you may as well break them down into: Got a Feat, Didn't Get a Feat, Are Totally Broken. With Human, Elves, and Lesser Aasimar representing the three categories.

On the more useful note, Star Elf is +2 Cha -2 Con, see if your DM will let you make Gray Star Elves -2 STR -2 CON +2 INT +2 CHA, that'd be a decent race.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 05:55 PM
I think Stat elf (some FR book) get cha bonus, in 3.5 there is anapp elf for that. Yes, even that...

I want a constitution bonus :smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-20, 06:09 PM
Easy artic snow elf (+2 dex, + 2 con, -4 cha) :smalltongue:

Darrin
2012-08-20, 06:18 PM
I want a constitution bonus :smallbiggrin:

Dragonborn of Bahumat: -2 Dex, +2 Con. (More of a wash on elves, really.)

Also, the racial templates from Dragon #306 can be used to bring up your Cha or Con score.

Arctic: +2 Con, -2 Cha.
Magic-Blooded: -2 Wis, +2 Cha.

Magic-Blooded Star Elf is quite nifty: -2 Con, -2 Wis, +4 Cha.

Morithias
2012-08-20, 06:59 PM
Dragonborn of Bahumat: -2 Dex, +2 Con. (More of a wash on elves, really.)

Also, the racial templates from Dragon #306 can be used to bring up your Cha or Con score.

Arctic: +2 Con, -2 Cha.
Magic-Blooded: -2 Wis, +2 Cha.

Magic-Blooded Star Elf is quite nifty: -2 Con, -2 Wis, +4 Cha.

But it has potent in addition to a bunch of cool abilities, an unseelie fey has -2 str +2 dex -2 con +2 charisma, if I was to combine that with magic blooded for -2 str +2 dex -2 con -2 wis +4 cha, and then with a base elf race that has bonuses to str and con like say wood elf (Which makes sense that they would breed with the forest fey), one could get a pretty good thing going.

Edit: Just checked, wood elf does not have +2 con, weird I could've sworn there was one that did.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 07:39 PM
Easy artic snow elf (+2 dex, + 2 con, -4 cha) :smalltongue:

Templates are cheating, same as a monk with UMD :smalltongue:

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-20, 08:27 PM
.... fine without trickery there is no native elf with a Con bonus now I am sad :smallfrown:(thought Artic Snow elf, totally works by RAW)

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 08:50 PM
.... fine without trickery there is no native elf with a Con bonus now I am sad :smallfrown:(thought Artic Snow elf, totally works by RAW)

Not saying that doesn't work, just saying those dirty cannibals don't deserve a bonus to the universal secondary stat.

Metahuman1
2012-08-20, 11:35 PM
Unseelie Fey Magic Blooded Star Elf with the ritual of blood form the Eberron Books.

-2 Str, -4 Con, -2 Wis, +2 Con, and a Whopping +6 Cha, and Cha now fuels your HP if you have a 10 or more. Now, if you can get Pathfinder rules on a point buy, you could also get another +2 to a stat that you and your DM agree on, and the point buy means you only need to drop 4 points into Con to have all the Con your character should ever really need. and in the mean time, +6 to Cha.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 11:43 PM
Unseelie Fey Magic Blooded Star Elf with the ritual of blood form the Eberron Books.

-2 Str, -4 Con, -2 Wis, +2 Con, and a Whopping +6 Cha, and Cha now fuels your HP if you have a 10 or more. Now, if you can get Pathfinder rules on a point buy, you could also get another +2 to a stat that you and your DM agree on, and the point buy means you only need to drop 4 points into Con to have all the Con your character should ever really need. and in the mean time, +6 to Cha.

Ah, if only. It only gets Cha to health for a single level. You're thinking of Faerie Mystery Initiate. :smallbiggrin:

Slipperychicken
2012-08-21, 11:13 AM
Ah, if only. It only gets Cha to health for a single level. You're thinking of Faerie Mystery Initiate. :smallbiggrin:

The Faerie Mystery Club really should have recruitment tables in Wizard academies. They'd probably get much higher membership rates.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-21, 12:28 PM
The Faerie Mystery Club really should have recruitment tables in Wizard academies. They'd probably get much higher membership rates.

It's the only feat my psion with 40 intelligence won't reform away ever.

Metahuman1
2012-08-21, 01:07 PM
No, Ritual of blood isn't a feat. And as far as I know, It lasts the whole life of the character. I think your thinking of the feat they put out that was Fey themed in one of there web artical's. They had another feat as well, charming the arrow or something, gave you Cha to ranged attacks.