PDA

View Full Version : Divine Dip For Proficiencies

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 07:49 PM
Is there any sort of divine caster avaliable prestige class which grants martial weapon and heavy armor proficiency for a cloistered cleric which doesn't depend on a patron deity or having 13 dexterity? It's for a DMM Persisting Bone Knight, so Patron Dieties don't really work out so well, and I'm planning on dumping dexterity because almost everything is important for me except that. I figure that there should be one out there somewhere, assuming Dragon Magazine is allowed.
Note that the only progression requirement is that there's no caster level lost at first since this is exclusively a dip. The ones that I've seen so far are Dragonslayer, which requires dodge, and both Radiant Servent of Pelor and Judicator of Tyr, both of which require good patron dieties. Thanks in advanced for any help.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I don't want to be a dirty elf neither :smallbiggrin:

EDIT 2: Alternatively, is there any way to get dodge without having to have 13 dex?

Eonir
2012-08-20, 08:56 PM
Knight of the Raven from Ravenloft? That's all I can think of.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 09:04 PM
Knight of the Raven from Ravenloft? That's all I can think of.

Almost, sadly it drops casting on odd levels so I can't just do a single dip and keep going.

Alternatively, since I've got a single free level, are there any of the same sort of PrCs which grant dodge as a bonus feat at first level?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-20, 09:08 PM
Cobra Strike (Variant Combat style) Monk get's pre-req free Dodge at level 1

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 09:09 PM
Cobra Strike (Variant Combat style) Monk get's pre-req free Dodge at level 1

Saw that, I'm even lawful, but if I felt like dipping into a non-caster martial class I'd just go fighter one and be done with it.

Eonir
2012-08-20, 09:10 PM
Thrall of Orcus from BoVD grants spellcasting progression at level one, as well as fighter weapon and armor proficiency, but still no dodge.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 09:15 PM
Thrall of Orcus from BoVD grants spellcasting progression at level one, as well as fighter weapon and armor proficiency, but still no dodge.

My god, it's just about perfect. Thank you very much. It even fits fluff wise as a lawful evil cleric with a love for the undead.

Eonir
2012-08-20, 09:21 PM
You are quite welcome sir.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 09:24 PM
You are quite welcome sir.

Would you like to see the build you have enabled, you champion of search checks?

EDIT: Slight kink, can't be lawful evil and still be a church inquisitor. Damn. I'll have to look harder into this.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 09:54 PM
And now I feel like a massive idiot. Bone Knight grants martial weapon and armor proficiencies. At least I can take comfort from the fact that nobody else noticed it.

Wings of Peace
2012-08-20, 10:16 PM
Dragonslayer from Draconomicon.

Psyren
2012-08-20, 10:44 PM
There's a somewhat weird option in UE - Master of the Yuirwood, which has some Ranger-y prereqs but grants MWP without losing any caster levels.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-20, 10:48 PM
Dragonslayer from Draconomicon.

Yes, that's the point of dodge.

There's a somewhat weird option in UE - Master of the Yuirwood, which has some Ranger-y prereqs but grants MWP without losing any caster levels.

I've never noticed that before, and it's interesting, but sadly it would require me to be a dirty tree hugging cannibal.

You know what, keep 'em coming, this could be handy for someone in the future.

Endarire
2012-08-20, 11:30 PM
Prestige Paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin) does it. Very picky.