PDA

View Full Version : Reclaiming Blingdenstone

Blackdrop
2012-08-20, 10:23 PM
Whether lured by the promise of glory or driven by a desire to help, you and your companions have traveled far to lend aid to the svirfneblin of Blingdenstone. After drow attacked the city to enslave the deep gnomes, the survivors lived in exile for over a century. But some have returned to their home, and they’re embroiled in a battle to rid their caverns of monstrous inhabitants.

Your guide is a svirfneblin explorer named Briddick, who is slender with slate-gray skin, a bald head, and wide, gray eyes. He leads the way through secret tunnels and a winding labyrinth. Finally, you reach the ruined city.
Work to repair damage the drow dealt continues. The gnomes wear tattered armor and bloody bandages. They carry notched and broken weapons, suggesting that the fighting has been fierce and frequent.

As you enter the the main part of the city, one of the workers, a foreman by the looks of him, rushes over to talk to Briddick. Though you can not see his face, your guide's body language suggests an annoyance with the information he just received. The foreman rushes back of again, screaming at a group of workers and how they'll bring the cave down on all of us.

Briddick turns to face your group. He looks worn and exhausted from the trek to the city, with heavy bags under his eyes and a slouch to his walk. He yawns loudly before addressing you.

"Welp, 'ere we are. S'not much to look at I know, but it's a 'ome of a sort. While I know the trek was a long one and you're probably looking to settle in before getting to work, the Burrow Warden Kargien Dissengulp has requested t'at any adventurers that we bring into the city be brought to 'im directly. His 'eadquarters is that large building just over t'ere, The Ruby in the Rough. If you'll excuse me, I need to go report in."

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 08:29 PM
Well, laddies shall we get to the going to meet this Dissengulp fellow?
Drugar said with a chuckle. He felt at home in the sub-terran world. This place was a mess, but who better to fix a mess than this group he traveled with.

Loki_42
2012-08-21, 08:43 PM
"Well, my contact should be in this area, I'd hoped to meet up with him, but I suppose that can wait."
Caravor followed along behind Drugar, gazing at the wreckage of the city.

Princess
2012-08-21, 09:37 PM
(Picture)
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo283/mplautz/Ariel001-1.jpg

Ariel strolls along with the others, happy that two humans had come along to bump their heads on any low hanging objects first so she'd have a good warning. Nodding along to the guide's words, and in acknowledgement of the others, the plump elf offers, "I'd say we should look to getting a bit of rest and a fresh meal as our first priorities, and then we'll certainly look into all available contacts. Sound reasonable?"