PDA

View Full Version : Void shugenja

kabreras
2012-08-21, 06:07 AM
Reading the shugenja in CD show that they can spec in the void element and then refere to the void disciple PRC for more infos.

But nowhere there is a list of spells for specializing in the void element.

A friend of mine told me that it would be like taking no element spec but having to take the order of innefable mystery.

What do you guys think of that solution ?

Or have anyone found a list of void spells anywhere ?

Psyren
2012-08-21, 08:09 AM
There are no "void spells." Void Shugenja (i.e. those with the Order of the Ineffable Mystery) still have to choose one of the four elements to specialize in - but they are allowed to choose any of the four. None of the spells in the OotIM have an element, so you will need to look outside your Order to maintain the "minimum spells from your element" requirement.

The shugenjas of the Order of the Ineffable Mystery can specialize in any of the four elements. The Ineffable Mystery also trains shugenjas who specialize the fifth element, void. (See the void disciple prestige class in Chapter 2.)

Note that you are not required to enter Void Disciple; merely having the OotIM is enough to make you a "void shugenja."

kabreras
2012-08-21, 06:21 PM
Yes but they train shugenja that specialize in the 5th element void.

So for me it means that i can specialize in this element (whatever it is) but if i do i have to take the order of innefable mystery witch is the only one that accept void speced shugenjas...

Specilization and order are not the same and its not the same sentence.

The shugenjas of the Order of the Ineffable Mystery can specialize in any of the four elements.

The Ineffable Mystery also trains shugenjas who specialize the fifth element, void.
My question is about this quote...

eggs
2012-08-21, 06:29 PM
There are no rules to support that in anything but fluff.

gorfnab
2012-08-21, 07:06 PM
Slightly 3rd party but the Legend of the Five Rings, Rokugan: Oriental Adventures book lists the Void element spells on page 107.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-08-21, 07:15 PM
Slightly 3rd party but the Legend of the Five Rings, Rokugan: Oriental Adventures book lists the Void element spells on page 107.

Actually, the Rokugan Campaign Setting Book (Oriental Adventures) is fully DnD3.5e compatible. It's the same for the Dragonlance Campaign Setting - while the 'main' book is official material, none of the supplements are.

eggs
2012-08-21, 08:07 PM
Actually, the Rokugan Campaign Setting Book (Oriental Adventures) is fully DnD3.5e compatible. It's the same for the Dragonlance Campaign Setting - while the 'main' book is official material, none of the supplements are.
I didn't think there were any Void spells outside Magic of Rokugan/RCS