PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted 2.5] Creation-Ruling Mandate -IC

Madwand
2012-08-21, 10:16 AM
The Hundred Kingdom's had never been the most stable region, and with the disappearance of the Empress, things have gotten even worse. No longer needing to band their strength for the Realm's periodic invasions, old and new grudges are boiling over. Enemies from beyond Creation are marshalling their strength. The Kingdom of Serastos has become a recent victim, struck down first by unexpected Fair Folks incursion (oddly coordinated Raksha destroyed all manses in region), then two of it's neighbors have sent troops to "shield the people". It's armies shattered, king slain and the only thing saving it is its enemies' disunity, fighting amongst themselves to see who gets to claim territory.*

But perhaps none of them will: there is group of young exalted, bound by fate and luck amidst the chaos of Time of Tumult. Vast fortunes and great power await them if they are able reap the whirlwind.

If.

Silver And Iron, Orichalcum and Soulsteel

Finally, light breaks across the horizon as the Daystar slowly rises to take his place in the heavens, heralding the first day of Resplendant Earth, the beginning of the last month of spring. Down below, the sounds of life going on begin to fill the world below. In Serastos, traveling caravan of Guild's merchant ,Three River Falls embarks on a new day of enterprise. Hundreds of guards, guild-artistians and caravan-followers gathered for safe travel and profit in war-torn land. The cargo is forceful reminder of how vital role Guild's play. Dozens of box-wagons contain true arsenal of dream-slaying weapons. Cold iron swords, spears , arrows, battle axes, amours and more. And for more demanding clients – treasure-trove of talismans against wyld, of highest quality and proven effectiveness. They are heading to Serastros Capital, using forest roads on, eastern bank,of the Grey River.

But in the wagon merchant-factor Three River Falls smiles and pour best wine for his special guests, who joined caravan this morning Ausar Khaldun and Haltan girl Weaver of Blood-Soaked Webs. Guildsmen know that putting Deathknight and Solar in closed space could result in disaster- but profit without risk is not likely. And those who do good business with Chosen can expect fabulous fortune.

"Thank you for coming. But let me introduce you first - Ausar Khaldun, my friend, Chosen of Sun and master of necrotic science.. meet Weaver of Blood-Soaked Webs, Deathknight.

You see, I have a business proposition for you.

He paused, waiting for your reaction almost perfectly masking his nervousness with calm smile.

Welcome. I assumed that Ausar Khaldun is most likely with caravan of Three River Fall and Karina is just lucky to be here:smallwink:

Of Crow and Slaves

Seven Devil's Clever information was accurate. Corvin Alibeth observed and counted more than 500 slaves. Abducted and chained by Skulding war-bands, now are guarded by three-hundreds of warriors. It is sad thing to realize, they are not the first or the last ones to be torn by violence from live and sold in Serastros.

Flying high above road it Corvin could see seemingly endless forest and more of the meandering road than dozen of Skuldlings scouts ahead of improvised caravan.

And now he had a problem - few twists and turns of track separate the lone girl, and raiders. Lunar was painfuly aware of what they will do.

Illuminated starkly by Sun’s light, the forest beyond the road cast deep shadows under the canopy. Recent rains and had reduced the dirty, twisted track into muddy slush that many ordinary travelers cursed silently. But by auspicious working of fate, one of the Skuldling's riders cursed quite laudly, giving others opportunity to laugh and warning to Chiyoko, Golden Princess.

Situation: Corvin is in crow form, above road. Chiyoko don't see Skuldings, but can hear them. You have time to hide, run of prepare for fight or... stunt some social-fu suprise.

My little sister - Anathema

Explain me sister – how do you plan to rescue Serastos if everyone we know would cried: anathema! when they see you? " Malintzin' Dragon-Blooded brother voice was full of doubt "I want to trust you, please understand. But even when Serastros was not full of immaculates it would be unthinkable to ally with... " Do Not Harm could see how he paused for search of word other than "demon".

They were day of journey east of Grey River and Soule. Dragon-blooded persuaded that they need to hide from Daanans army, which occupies west bank. Her anima banner during night battle with demons was certainly seen by soldiers of Principality. In all likelihood they reported it to Wyld Hunt.

Hi:smallsmile: Welcome to sandbox. Here's your shovel:smallbiggrin: and please - invent a name for Dragon-blooded brother:smallwink:

vegetalss4
2012-08-21, 10:45 AM
Silver And Iron, Orichalcum and Soulsteel - Ausar Khaldun

Ausar smiles and nod to the Haltan, choosing to trusts his friends judgment of her discretion in sharing his secret nature. It is an honor to meet you my lady.

Prinny Squad
2012-08-21, 11:44 AM
Karina shifted in place, the sunlight making her slightly uncomfortable. she returned the nod. "Hi." She thought for a moment. [COLOR="Red"]"A solar, eh? Haven't met one of those before. And 'Weaver' will be fine" She sighed.

vegetalss4
2012-08-21, 02:04 PM

So some have called me through I am not quite certain they are correct. In either case you can call me either Ausar or Khaldun as your preference may be, Weaver. Here Ausar takes a moment to sip from his glass enjoying the quality of the liquid contained therein.

I must admit that I haven't been as diligent in keeping up with changes in politics as I perhaps should have been, but I believed that Mask of Winters had chosen to retain Thorns former policy on... people like me, when he... ascended to the throne? Are you representing him here in an official capacity or are circumstances otherwise?

Prinny Squad
2012-08-21, 05:36 PM
Silver And Iron, Orichalcum and Soulsteel - Weaver of Blood-soaked Webs

Karina looks confused for a moment "I don't have a clue what you're on about. I'm here because I need find some work." She shrugs "And I've worked for The Guild before. Stick to what you know, right?"

Madwand
2012-08-21, 06:52 PM
Silver And Iron, Orichalcum and Soulsteel

Three River Falls shift weight in chair as outside wagon caravan guide cries “Move out!” command . The drovers crack their whips, the yeddim grunt and you all feel factor' wagon start to move.

"We, Guild, confirmed that some of Underworld Exalts are not beholden to Deathlord. Weaver is from Halta and I belive she is one of the independents. This information was free." Ausar recognize one of merchant favorite saying. Then he turn to adress Karina:

"Lady, I am glad you decided to hear my offer. I aim for long-term partnership and I, and Guild, can provide almost anything you want. I belive the artifacts Daiklaves was part of some deal with my colleagues, am I right? I have initiated efforts to acquire more of soulsteel artifacts, like armor or hearthstone bracers. And we have so much more to offer to someone with your talents.

But for now I have information that may save your life. And your life too, my friend." he adressed Ausar. "Yesterday the whole Wyld Hunt crossed Grey River. Six Dragon-blooded and hundred trained monks and soldiers. They have pick up a trail of Anathema. By this word, I mean you. Fortunately, one of soldiers is my employees and - with grave risk to his life - will be able to send me precise location of Wyld Hunt. I have sorcerer with me, who can send this informations directly to you by infallible messenger." His eyes resumed a far-away look as he steepled his fingers in front of him. He was clearly paying more attention to some design in his head, trying to figure out something "but I will need information in return. "

garter_snake
2012-08-21, 07:27 PM
((current active charms/knacks: Hide of the Cunning Hunter, Subtle Silver Declaration))

Luna above, there's an entire warband down there! Corvin thought as he soared above the Skuldings. They must have razed an entire settlement to have all these slaves.

Corvin thought to himself.

Right, first things first. Get information. Where did these raiders come from? Where did they get the slaves? Where are they taking them? Who do they work for? Luckily, Corvin's beady eye fell upon the raiders approaching the girl. It looks like I have an opportunity for a little precision information gathering here. Alright, here I go.

Corvin dives down until he is about ten yards from the Princess, then swoops to the side. He lands on one one of the higher branches of a good size oak tree, stout enough to support a human's weight, and with enough foliage to conceal him from prying eyes. Ruffling his feathers, he gazes down at the pursing raiders, waiting for them to drop their guard.

Dex+Stealth to hide, [roll0]
prerolling stunt die, left to right: [roll1]

Willpower: ●●●●● ●●●●●
10/10

Essence:
Permanent: ●●●
Personal: 22/22
Peripheral: 32/40 (7)

Mechanix
2012-08-22, 07:26 AM
"I wondered that myself," the Infernal admitted to her brother Tizoc. "It would be safer to just go back to Malfeas, it's true. But... I can't do that. I refuse to do that. The queen needs me, people want her dead, her kingdom is attacked from everywhere... I need to help her."

So... What to do then? She wondered. "We need to begin with..." Her thoughts were disturbed by the two living presences on her body; the Sesselja that hummed softly in her stomach, and the Peronelle that covered her skin, under her clothes. She was still getting used to the demons' presence in and over her - it was a strange feeling.

"My banner was certainly seen during the fight, it's true. But I highly doubt anyone saw me up close and recognized me - especially considering how I looked that night, with the cloak and the wings and the demon covering my body. So this is what we are going to do: you will go back to the castle and pretend you do not know what happened. You are a Dragon-Blood, extremely valuable to Serastros; they will be inclined to trust you, I think. Then, you will see what they think of my escape, and wether or not they know I was the one who poisonned that cake. After two days, you will come back to me and tell me what I need; by then, I will have made some... Preparations."

vegetalss4
2012-08-22, 02:59 PM

"I see." those two words is Ausars only acknowledgement of his misjudgment of deathknight solely being a title for certain servants of the Deathlords. In an attempt to draw the attention away from his faux pas, and his surprise for there being such a thing as an "underworld exalt", he then immediately says What information specifically?

Prinny Squad
2012-08-22, 05:49 PM
Silver And Iron, Orichalcum and Soulsteel - Weaver of Blood-Soaked Webs

"A Wyld hunt? Damned dynasts." She scowls. "Well, I'm not exactly keen on dyin' again. What kinda information you need?"

horngeek
2012-08-23, 05:23 AM
Of Crows and Slaves

Chiyoko frowned as she heard the harsh laughter, coming to a stop.

The priestess remembered hearing about slavers in the area recently, and although she wouldn't be concerned about one or even two of them, it sounded like there were a lot of them.

She looked around, searching for a good route to avoid the slavers if at all possible.

Perception+...Awareness. Oooh. Just realised how bad my Join Battle rolls are going to be.

[roll0]