PDA

View Full Version : Fighting fifth: Blaquiere

Pages : [1] 2

Grailkeeper
2012-08-21, 12:49 PM
Fighting fifth: Blaquiere Campaign

Extract taken from Holmes' The Travellers Guide to the Planets of the Ultima Sector (39th ed.)

Blaquiere; A pleasant enough world. Composed of Three continents seperated by oceans of hazardous fog. The majority of human life is found on the Northern Continent, the site of the planetary capital. Its main exports are fruit based liquers and Artistic works. The planet is famed for its number of artists again mostly found on the northern continent, altough with a seperate rougher school is found on the western continent. The quality of artwork produced is unimpressive. A pleasant enough world to visit, but not worth the fare compared to other pleasure worlds such as Iax or Baltinglass.

Col Sicarius Vassar stands at the podium in front of you. The regimental leaders stand beside him and the regimental colours have been unfurled for the occaision. The Colonel is know almost as much for his temper as his habit of leading from the Front. The entire regiment stands to attention in front of him, a sea of blue uniforms. He begins to speak.

All Right Seabirds. Four months ago the planet of Blaquiere fell to forces of the enemy. I'm told its pronounced "Black-Wire" not "Black-ee-er". Open rebellion arose from nowhere on an otherwise calm world, It seems the rebellion began amoungst the ranks of the Nobility and the PDF. Vassar, like many Guardsman holds both nobles and PDF members in lower regard than Heretics.

We've been sent to bring her back. The Southern continent and a number of its surrounding islets have stayed loyal to the throne and we'll be launching our attack from there. Its the middle of Storm season- they think they're safe for now, but they didn't reckon on the Sons and Daughters of Talassar. We eat storms for breakfast.

The plan of attack is as follows. The regiment will be dropping onto the nearest city to the southern edge of the northern Continent, it's called Blanchardston. I'm informed the citizens there are still loyal to the throne and view enemy forces as occupiers, so check your fire. Its our job to take and hold the star port until releived. This will allow us to land heavier re-inforcements from the Pardian Armoured and the Votigeurian Dragoons.

Four hours before the drop 5th platoon will be dropping at Cabra Point. This is an area where the enemy have concentrated their air defences. It'll be their job to take out the enemy defences to allow the invasion go ahead. Make no mistake the invasion WILL go ahead, but if these defences are not down many Seabirds will never see Talassar again. 5th Platoon I will personally kick every one of your arses in this eventuality even if I have to March out of Hell to do so.

I see we have been met with a larger than normal contingent from the Commissariat. Have no Fear- Seabirds don't run, if we aren't surrounded then somethings gone wrong.

First To Drop
Here the regiment joins in with one voice

Last to Leave.

Grailkeeper
2012-08-21, 12:59 PM
Invasion -5 Hours.

You stand in your C-94 Equestrel Drop lander with the rest of 5th Platoon. The sound of the storm rattling the plane is the only noise. The only light is the red light at the tail. Light and Noise discipline are in effect as this mission is currently desginated a stealth drop until orders change. Lt Sharon Telion stands at the rear of the lander.

Check your Drop Buddies gear and pass the all clear down the line. Do not move up to the Drop line until the light changes to Green. First Squad will be jumping first. Second squad will then jump five minutes later. My squad will be jumping with third squad. If any of you get separated the recognition code is "Night" the correct responce is "Fog". When you have destroyed your designated enemy Gun emplacement vox it to me and I'll vox the All clear to HQ, Do you understand?

The light soon turns green. First squad waddle up to the door straining under the weight of their Grav-chutes. They jump out and are instantly swallowed by the darkness. 5 minutes tick by, so slowly they feel longer than basic training. You edge up to the Door, wait your turn and jump.

DrK
2012-08-26, 11:02 AM
Cpl Rook

The flight had been quiet as Rook and Austin had sat towards the nose of the lander. "Best armoured and least likely to snap" Babe had assured Rook as the Cpl had waddled aboard with the massive gyro mounted autocannon. The hip holster with the stub six-shooter the only back-up he possessed.

Watching the 1st squad jump and still not feeling the whistling explosions of chaff and the crack of heavy las emplacements he breathed easy. At least it wouldn't be as bad as Orbus VII. "Easy Drop at least eh?" he muttered under his breath to Austin - the 6' 4" trooped with long blonde hair and glittered face paint underneath the mask his assigned loader. "No Problem Rook. THey haven't started shooting yet." Rook grunted slightly in acknowledgement as 2nd squad slowly shuffled to their feet and approached the square of darkness that marked the back of the drop craft.

At the whispered "Drop" from Tellion he leant forward and stepped out plunging into the blackness as he'd been trained to do. "I love the Emperor... I love the Emperor... each prayer marking off some 2000ft before he hit the button on the grav harness and the dull blue light flared choking his body as it yanked him to a slow 40mph as he crash landed onto the grass between the heavy trees. Austin landed nearby - his silihoutte glowing in the photovisor. "Won't be any trees left when the big guns get here eh?". Rook smiled back - though behind the visor and respirator who could tell.

Scanning the area he shrugged off the heavy grav chute and took up position at the base of a large tree scanning for targets as the rest of the squad landed nearby. The square shape of the buildings the target of immediate scrutiny...

Awareness [roll0] TN 15 from untrained use. Modified by the photovisors...

Hazzardevil
2012-08-28, 03:59 PM
Cpl Gant and Cpl Symonne look outside of the helicopter before falling out, they fall through the sky, Symonne screaming the whole way. Symonne lands relatively safely, but Gant nearly hits a tree, but the luck of the Emperor was with him and he lands safely.
Burn a Fate Point on his Operate check.

Lycan 01
2012-08-28, 07:30 PM
Commissar Larkson opens her eyes. Her mind reels with disorientation, her body aching from head to toe. She felt dizzy. What had happened? She remembered jumping out of the transport, popping her chute, and then... nothing.

There was rain falling around her. Or rather, rising. Wait, why was the rain falling up? Why was her gear being pulled towards the sky?

Oh. She was upside down. In a tree.

"Dammit!" the battle-hardened Commissar hisses, struggling to untangle herself from her grav-chute.

After a moment of wrestling with her harness, she finally wrenches herself free - and topples rather ingloriously down the rest of the tree, smacking several branches on the way down and knocking more than a few leaves and sticks loose.

She soon finds herself sprawled out in the grass, her body feeling like one giant bruise. She can feel a small trickle of blood running down the side of her face, but she ignores it for the time being. By an Emperor-blessed stroke of luck, she spots her Commissariat hat laying a few feet off to the right. She crawls over to it, wipes a few leaves off of it, and places it back on her head.

She then looks around, and tries to catch her bearings and spot the rest of her team. She also mentally notes that if any of her men make a snark about her getting stuck in a tree, she'll have them officially flogged, and then unofficially beaten.

DrK
2012-08-28, 09:12 PM
Cpl Rook

The muscle bound shaven headed man and his blonde companion look up as the trees fill with Sea birds in crunching impacts that send wood and fruit flying everywhere. As they land Rook nods and Babe picks up the commissars peaked hat waiting for her to get down.

When she does Rook nods, pointing north. farmhouse some 200m away. Not seen anyone moving yet.

LeSwordfish
2012-08-29, 02:50 AM
Barely has Vance "landed" than he has drawn his heavy combat knife and started hacking at the grav-chute's straps. Three chops breaks the main strap, and Vance drops the final meter to the ground with a little more control and poise than his previous attempt.

"Status update." he barks. "Everyone still alive down here? Rook, gant, guns ready, we might have made a noise. Symonds, find the Commissar. We got one minute, then we move out."

Vance glances uneasily at the grav-chute still in the trees. That would be visible for kilometres.

Grailkeeper
2012-08-29, 05:33 AM
Imperial Historians would not later record this drop as one of the Seabird's greatest insertions. High winds had scattered the troops away from intended drop zones and several injuries were sustained on landing. Fortunately the sounds of the high winds managed to cover much of the noise of the landing.

Most of second squad found themselves in an Orchard of a small farm complex. They could just about make out some buildings through the trees- smaller closer than the large ones- roughly 100 meters away.

Lights stabbed out through the darkness as second squad consolidated its drop. Three figures could be seen walking out through a gap between the buildings with lamppacks in their hands. Two went to fill cans with fuel from a large fuel storage unit, the third seemed more spooked. He started to walk towards the unit sweeping the beam of his lamppack back and forth through the trees. He hadn't seen anything but he was clearly looking for something.

OOC
He's spooked by the noise, has yet to see the gravchute.

Hazzardevil
2012-08-29, 11:15 AM
Cpl Gant and Cpl Symonne watch the Commissar fall through the trees, Symonne opens his mouth and then shuts it when the Commissar has an angry look on her face as she gets up.

Gant:Are you all right Commissar? I can help you up if you want.

Gant smirks at the Commissar's misfortune, but makes sure the Commissar can't see it.

Kiranvonstrom
2012-08-29, 01:20 PM
Claudia Tertius, Combat Medic

Claudia has had better openings to missions than catching a tree with her face. Admittedly, there had been far worse, but flubbing the first drop of a campaign was not, in her mind, a very good omen. Not to mention, of course, that between herself and the commissar, the Fighting Fifth had ensured anything short of a blind ork could notice their drop.

Sighing, Claudia pulled a scalpel from her medikit and began the process of cutting herself down. Traditionally, the regulation-issue "Screaming Eagle" combat knife would be used for this duty, and was indeed specialized for it, but Claudia had a love of scalpels, most particularly hers.

It had been enough to worry her professor when she was still in training to be a surgeon. Throne, that had been a difficult discussion to get out of.

Claudia unslung her shotgun (another beloved possession, but not enough that it deserved the reverence she gave her medikit's sharper instruments) and dropped down to the ground, as stealthily as she could.

Tarquin, bless his little heart, was already right next to her, ready for duty as official corpse-mover and scalpel-holder. Claudia realized she hadn't paid too much attention to his drop. In fairness, she had been trying to avoid the tree.

"Everything accounted for?" She hissed at him.

"Would I risk your wrath otherwise?" He replied.

"Fair enough," She shrugged, and looked to Sergeant Vance "Do we have anyone who needs medical attention yet?"

DrK
2012-08-29, 01:29 PM
Cpl Rook

At the flicker of the lamp jacks Rook and Austin wave a hand forward; the harsh whisper still quieter than the subtle landings made by the rest of the squad.

"Contact forward Sgt. Engaging..." the words rapidly punctuated by the heavy roar of the autocannon as the massive rounds punch towards the two heretics by the fuel storage unit seeking to tear them apart...

Half action Brace
Half action Semi-auto burst
attack [roll0] TN 45+10short+5comrade+30 unaware = 80
Hit 1 on heretic 1: [roll1] PEN 6
Hit 2 on heretic 2: [roll2] PEN 6
Hit 3 on heretic 3: [roll3] PEN 6

Lycan 01
2012-08-29, 05:53 PM
Commissar Larkson

Commissar Larkson narrows her eyes at the unit gathering around here. Was this everyone? A rag-tag handful of troopers? Well isn't that simply glorious.

When Corporal Gant offers her assistance, she waves him off. "I'm fine. Where is the Sergeant? Did he land with us?"

Her question is answered as she hears Sergeant Vance snarling orders from a couple of trees over. "Ah, excellent." She begins to stride over towards him, idly adjusting her combat harness, sash, and other personal effects so that she maintains her proper appearance of control and authority, even if it's barely visible in the dark.

"Sergeant," she quietly addresses the Sarge as she approaches him. "While this is certainly not the best insertion I have ever witnessed, it is certainly salvageable. We need to gather and organize your men, in order to operate cohesively and at full Imperial standards. Noise discipline should be-"

Before she can even finish that suggestion, the roar of an autocannon reverberates from a few yards over. "Throne damn it!" she hisses. Well, there goes whatever was left of the element of surprise.

She quickly draws her bolt pistol, holding it aloft in her right hand while keeping her left hand free. "We're in it now, boys and girls!" she barks, her voice a mixture of stern authority and excited zeal. Striding forward towards the front of the jumbled squad, she waves her left hand forward, urging them to unite in the offensive. "Follow your orders! Maintain cohesion! Fight like the Emperor's Eyes are upon you, because they damn well are!"

Initiative: [roll0]

Half action - Draw weapon
Half action - Move towards the orchard

Ninjabob
2012-08-29, 06:07 PM
Jace Colber

Jace Colber was the last in the drop line. Again. It seemed to him the sergeant didn't want him to jump too soon, like on Sraltor VII. Throne, that was one of the most stupid things he'd ever done. That didn't make it any less fun. He comforted himself with a commonly known fact- you always save the best for last.

Jace looked over at the Rookie. He looked nervous, and maybe a little airsick. He reached forward and tapped... Emperor, what was his name... Mordecai! That's it. He tapped Mordecai on the shoulder and whispered "How you holding up? Well, I dunno. Seems a little strange to me, jumping in this storm.

Then the first guy from his squad jumped. More like fell. Nobody understood the fine art of the drop. Everyone shuffled forward and off, until it was just Mordecai and him left on the ship. Mordecai paused before the edge, clearly having second thoughts. Jace just pushed him out of bay. Smiling as the rookie flailed to right himself in the air. Jace jumped after him, taking the time to fully appreciate the wind rushing against him as he fell. This is what he lived for. The thrill that nothing, not even combat, could replicate. He saw the wind blow the others into the trees. Amateurs.

He directed himself to an open field. He rolled on landing, quickly unhooking the pack as he did so. He looked around for his squad, and found Mordecai coming in fast near him. A little too fast. As he hit the ground, Mordecai was unable to right himself, and slid on his face for a few feet. Jace rushed to help him, glad to find that there were no bad injuries. With a few hand signals, he and Mordecai headed towards the orchard, weapons at the ready.

Suddenly a huge racket. Somebody was unleashing a fusilade with an autocannon, just ahead. They ran a little closer, calling in a whisper "Night!

LeSwordfish
2012-08-30, 02:13 AM
"Fog. Frost. Whatever, just get over here."

Vance was already moving, however, leaping over to the autocannon team and delivering a hefty slap to the face of the operator. As Rook stumbles backwards with a split lip, Vance follows him, hissing furiously.

"Corporel, no matter what the damn situation you follow my orders, you hear me? You do NOT go active without my say, you do NOT open fire without my say, and you most especially do NOT bring the hammer of the emperor down upon a pair of unarmed dairy frakking farmers without my say, you hear me?"

A steadying deep breath.

"Move up on the farmhouse, quick snap. We check the farmhouses for hostiles, then commander the frakking van and get the hell out of here, you hear me. Subtlety just got shot in the head with a heavy calibre."

This was ****e. But not unsalvageable. For now, get away from the noise.

Okay. (Please understand I mean no OOC offence whatsoever.) But one of us has misread this situation. I'll edit this post if it turns out to be me.

Grailkeeper
2012-08-30, 06:04 AM
Heavy shots ring out through the night. They miss the figures at the large oil drum but penetrate it, puncturing the drum on both sides. Oil starts to pour out from the drum. The two figures at the drum are caught by suprise. They drop their cans and hit the ground, one makes a break for it to the farm shouting, the other hugs the ground.

Lights burst on in the yard of the farm and you can hear the sounds of yelling and running. It sounds like many booted feet.

The man with the lamppack drops to his knees and pulls something from beneath his coat. You can see now from the light of the farm he's wearing a helmet. He starts to fire towards the heavy weapon.
Heavy shots ring out through the night. They miss the figures at the large oil drum but penetrate it, puncturing the drum on both sides. Oil starts to pour out from the drum. The two figures at the drum are caught by suprise. They drop their cans and hit the ground, one makes a break for it to the farm shouting, the other hugs the ground.

Lights burst on in the yard of the farm and you can hear the sounds of yelling and running. It sounds like many booted feet.

The man with the lamppack drops to his knees and pulls something from beneath his coat. You can see now from the light of the farm he's wearing a helmet. He starts to fire towards the the stream of fire but has difficulty making out its source. The shots go wide.

Semi auto burst v Rook
[roll0] v 15 (-10 dark, -10 trees)

DrK
2012-08-30, 04:18 PM
Cpl Rook

"Too High" -Austins' words following the blast of heavy shells that punch through the fuel tank with a loud roar. The split lip as the Sarge arrives does nothing but fuel Rook's silent contempt before he ducks down behind the trees as the return fire slaps into the foliage around him.

"How about bnow sarge?" the words punctuated by the heavy barrel swinging towards the renegade in the open. Even as the trees ripple with the fire he levels the autocannon and cranks the firing handle as more fire pours out towards the isolated man. His body and Austin's body pressed agains the trees that have provided such a convienent cruch for the cannon.

As the other two scurry for cover he shouts over to the sarge... "Watch the fuel truck - light her up if more come out the gate Sir."

Continue to take cover form behind the tree (ideally legs/body and left arm)
Half Action Aim
Half Action
semi-auto [roll0]TN 70 (45+10+10-10+5)
Hit 1: [roll1] PEN6
Hit 2: [roll2] PEN6
Hit 3: [roll3] PEN6

Grrr- stupid forum and this is my 5th attempt to post the same dammned message!

EDIT: I think that is legs/ legs/ body for the 3 hits. Poor little guy!

Ninjabob
2012-08-30, 05:57 PM
Jace Colber

Jace heard the response, and shook his head in dissapointment. Now the enemy were beginning to fire back, whoever they were. He motioned at Mordecai, and whispered loudly "We're moving up!

He sprinted forwards Running up as far as he could before sliding into cover. By the fact that the enemy returned fire so quickly assured he had backup. Of course, they were dealing with the Archenemy, so a combatant might do something stupid like that. He slid into cover behind a tree, pleased to see Mordecai running after him. Of course, he wasn't as fast as Jace. Few were.

Running 24 meters forwards, and then taking cover behind a tree.

Lycan 01
2012-08-30, 09:09 PM
Commissar Larkson sprints through the orchard, moving to quickly close the distance between herself and the shooter. Firing now would be a tactical blunder - she'd be hard pressed to hit anything, and the report of the bolt pistol would expose her as an authoritative figure and make her the most viable target. And for this operation, they needed their Commissar. If not for her authority and discipline, than for the purposes discussed in the pre-mission Commissariat briefing.

"Move, troopers! Move! The Enemy lies before you, and the Saints are at your back! Do not falter, do not flinch! The Emperor's Eyes are upon us all - do not be found wanting!" she barks as she runs through the orchard, slightly zig-zagging as she goes to throw off the enemies aim, before finally skidding to a halt and throwing herself against the trunk of one of the trees. Valeria takes a second to flick the safety off of her bolt pistol, and waits a brief moment for the right chance to strike.

Full Round Move down the orchard, trying to get as close as possible to the enemy trooper, before ending movement in cover behind a tree.

LeSwordfish
2012-08-31, 02:06 AM
As the fire starts whickering down the orchard, Vance curses under his breath. Well, at least I was right about the noise discipline.

"Up and at them, ladies and gents. Close the distance, in the name of the emperor."

Same as the others, Full move up the map, taking cover athe end.

Grailkeeper
2012-08-31, 05:44 AM
A stream of shots bifurcuriates the enemy firing at the squad, first blowing his left leg off, then his right.

The squad move up slipping through the trees at varying speeds tyring to avoid slipping on the rotten fruit that litters the ground.

The man at the oil tank draws a side arm and starts to fire at the nearest seabird but the dark and the range spoils his aim. You can hear the sharp crack of a stub automatic. This is shortly joined by a higher louder crack. From somewhere the distinctive flash of a long las shot streaks towards the squad. Cpl Symmone's upper left arm takes a devastaing wound

enemy sniper [roll0] v 35 +20 aim = 10 short range -20 night and trees (45) at Gantz Attilus

This is joined by the sound of breaking glass and the bark of a heavy stubber. Bright rounds fly through the trees. Leaves and branches start to fall and rounds whistle close by your ears.

Heavy stubber (suppressing fire) [roll1] v 35 +10 loader support -20 n+Ts

Kiranvonstrom
2012-08-31, 09:47 AM
"Oh, son of a frakker, that's a sniper." Claudia shouted, in an effort to be heard over the sound of the firefight "Tarquin! Keep your head down. I need someone to carry the bodies."

"What?" Tarquin roared back, unable to hear over the roar of the heavy stubber.

Claudia grinned like a feral hopped up on stimms, hefted her shotgun, and charged, staying behind cover as much as she could.

"For the Emperor!" She screamed, although she made it sound more like "Show me what the insides of your intestines look like!" Immediately realizing that she might have just drawn the sniper's attention, Claudia ducked behind a nearby tree, hoping that she hadn't drawn the attention of the sniper.

OOC:
Sorry for taking so long to post. Anyway, full move.

Pinning [roll0]

LeSwordfish
2012-08-31, 10:58 AM
Hidden behind the tree, Vance barely glanced as a ricochet peppered his leg with splinters.

"Orders ain't changed, gentlemen, we just have to be a little smarter about it."

Half action ready las pistol and chainsword. If possible, another half action move up, to another tree.

DrK
2012-08-31, 04:32 PM
Cpl Rook

Rook instinctively ducked down behind the tree as the heavy stubber and sniper unloaded on his companions. Watching as one of the Seabirds fell back and the first panicked scream of "medic" echoed across the orchard.

Austin looked up whispering a few words to Rook, "2nd floor window 3 - take him" as the heavy gun moved up towards the 2nd floor a shout to the distant sarge - "I'll get that MG sarge" before he opens fire at the green lined human shape in the window punctuated by glowing rounds of tracer fire.

Half action aim
Half action semi-auto at the Heavy stubber
[roll0] TN 55-10+10+10+5 = 70

Ammo Used 9/20 (20)(20)

2 shots to the head 18 and 24 damage both PEN6

Lycan 01
2012-08-31, 10:21 PM
Commissar Larkson peeks around the tree, and takes stock of the situation. "Forward positions, concentrate fire on the MG and sniper! Give the stragglers cover fire so they can catch up to us!"

She eyes the window where she thinks she saw the muzzle-flash of the sniper's shot. She studies it for a moment, before leaning out, leveling her pistol with the window, and cracking off a shot.

Attack roll: [roll0] vs 45 (BS 35 + 10 standard attack + 10 (aim) + 10 range - 20 (trees and dark))
Damage: [roll1]+5 (Pen 4)

I ~think~ that's 13 damage at Pen 4.

Ninjabob
2012-09-01, 11:35 AM
Jace Colber

Jace peeked around the tree. It looked like he was just out of auspex range. He hurries forward to another tree, staying low. He wouldn't let these amateurs get the best of him. He called back to the rest of the team.Trawling! The others would know that he was in auspex range, and would soon have a good mark on their positions and numbers. It was just another piece of battlefield brevity.

Tactical advance forward 8 meters. Hope you don't mind me adding a bit of tactical speech. Tried to model it after the regimental name, Seabirds. Please tell me if this is out of line. I just figured we could flesh out the regiment a bit more.

Hazzardevil
2012-09-01, 05:30 PM
Upon being fired upon Symonne nearly screams, being an outright coward and the presence of a Commissar being the only thing keeping him from making a run for it.

Gantz is rather calm about being fired upon, but his reflexes make him bolt and he uses that to aum himself towards some cover so that he can draw a weapon

Symonne takes a shot in his arm and then bolts, following Gantz to cover.

Order to move to Symonne following Gantz to cover.
Symonne is wounded, one bit of damage and he dies.
Half action for Gantz to move to cover, Symonne is following
Another half action for Gantz to draw his Meltagun.

Grailkeeper
2012-09-03, 01:33 PM
The machine gun operators risked a quick peak over the lintle of their window. Incoming fire punished them both for this small mistake, heavy rounds taking them both in their only exposed body part the head. Their bodies collapsed back onto the pile of spent cartridges that littered the floor of their upper room.

A bolt streaked in through the window of the upper bell tower. The sniper- nothng more than a shadowy outline disappeared from view although his rifle fell foward out of the window, sliding down the red roof tiles before ultimately getting stuck in the guttering.

Seeing the overwhelming display of firepower the trooper at the oil drum darts back into the farm complex. You hear the slamming of a metal door and desperate attempts to start an engine.

This leaves the way clear for the squad to move up into cover behind the meter high walls at the edge of the farm complex.

ooc
The yard is ten meters wide, so it'll be 12 meters from the wall to the building. This area is lit up -darkness and trees modifiers no longer apply. That said any enemies left are on overwatch

DrK
2012-09-03, 03:02 PM
Cpl Rook

"Moving" Rook shouts as he begins the slow run to catch up with the rest of the squad as they push through the trees. Pausing every 15-20m to scan the front of the farm buildings through his photo-visor. "Good shooting" Austin mutters. "Fish in a barrel" Rook replies without a smile as he stares at the dark windows lest another sniper or machine gunenr open up once more.

Reaching the walls he takes a breather - the heavy weight of the autocannon getting tiring from the short run. Peeking around at the farm gates he looks back to the Sarge. "What now Sarge?

LeSwordfish
2012-09-03, 04:08 PM
"Nice shooting, seabirds. Trawl'em, Colber."

Reserving actions until Jayce has scanned for any further hostiles.

Lycan 01
2012-09-04, 12:49 AM
The Commissar grins triumphantly as she watches the sniper's weapon tumble from his nest. "Good riddance," she states, before leaning back behind the tree and turning her gaze to the rest of the squad. "Regroup while Colber scans! The the Sergeant gives his order, every single one of you damn well better be ready to go! Slip up now, and I'll expedite your judgement before the Throne!" she barks fiercely.

Holding off until we know what we're dealing with.

Ninjabob
2012-09-04, 09:02 AM
Jace Colber

Jace scurries up to the wall. Thankfully the rest of the squad dealt with the most apparent enemies. He pulls out his auspex, and as he mutters the prayer of activation, he looks up at Mordecai. For his first taste of combat, he seemed to be taking it pretty well. They could make a fine Seabird out of him yet. He returns his attention to the auspex, and begins his scan...

Scrutiny test for auspex
[roll0]v30

Grailkeeper
2012-09-04, 12:40 PM
The auspex was having difficulty picking up clear signals, possibly its war spirit had been angered by the drop. Colber was able to pick up multiple contacts but was unable to detect heat signatures, consequently he couldn't pick up what was flesh and what was metal

http://i.imgur.com/nsW4S.png

OOC
Cos you failed the test I won't tell you what is what, but you can probably make a good guess. The dead don't show up here- Ninja bob, I've had the same problem before, but for the sake of narrative will you please delete the second post.

Ninjabob
2012-09-05, 09:55 PM
Jace Colber

He presents his findings to the team. At most 6 guys in the building ahead of us. There could be a vehicle in the building to the North-East. There is something in the building to the east, but I can't make it out. Sorry, not getting as clear readings as I should.

Lycan 01
2012-09-06, 01:30 AM
Commissar Larkson raises her bolt pistol, and peers around the tree towards the farmhouse. "Sergeant, I believe that if a fire-team rushed them under covering fire, we can take the farmhouse with minimum casualties. We may have enough cover from darkness to throw off their aim, but the use of a smoke grenade or two would not be deemed wanton waste in this situation. I volunteer to lead the assault personally, but I leave the final decision and command to your authority."

LeSwordfish
2012-09-06, 02:05 AM
"Move up, regroup on the wall."

Once everyone has arrived, Vance continues. "Commissar's got it. Me, her, Colber, Mordechai and Lewis will pop smoke and head for the farmhouse door. Trawl shows three contacts in that room, six at most so I reckon that should do it. I think there's one in the car, i'll take him. Rook, Gantz, Austin, Symonds, covering fire. Watch the windows. Claudia: Can you leave Symonds? If so, come with us.

Anyone who can spare a second, chuck a frag-egg in through the windows to the left."

Lewis is my comrade: I forgot I had one.

Will the meltagun be accurate and damaging against the windows at this range?

Once that's confirmed/ suggestions are made, we can move up.

Kiranvonstrom
2012-09-06, 09:56 AM
"Depends" Claudia deadpans. "On how much of his arm you want him to have at the end of the day. I can leave him with Tarquin, keep him from busting an artery."

"Do I get a-"

"No."

"Yes ma'am." Tarquin pauses. "Symmond, get over here, I'll try to keep you from getting too dead until Claudia has enough downtime to stitch you up."

"Good boy." Claudia hefts her shotgun and grins, "I'm ready to kill someone, sir. Preferably soon."

DrK
2012-09-06, 03:36 PM
Cpl Rook

The heavy looks at the Sarge nodding at the orders. "Aye Sarge." he turns over to his loader - "Austin, stay close. I'll be needing the next belt." Austin nods, his normal inane grin replaced with a grim look. "I'll be right here.."

Rook smiles and nods ready to lean aorund the corner and blow holes in any enemy that appears to wall or window...

When the others go he'll essentially just ready to Semi-Auto the first bad guy he sees...

LeSwordfish
2012-09-07, 02:15 AM
"Ready?" Vance asked. "On my order... now."

Without waiting for a response Vance swung himself over the high fence and charged forward, Firing his shotgun into the face and chest of the driver of the vehicle.

Half move, shotgun blast.

[roll0] vs 39+30 for point blank range = 69 Rerolled with fate because those were some lovely damage rolls. Got a one.
[roll1] for the driver to dodge.
[roll2] damage
[roll3] Additional damage from "Scatter"
[roll4]
[roll5]

I'm acting on the presumption that one of you is throwing smoke to cover me. Results in OOC: he's splattered.

Lycan 01
2012-09-07, 02:27 AM
Commissar Larkson spins out from behind the tree, and sprints towards the farmhouse. "Come on, you dogs!" she snarls to the men behind her. If she makes any visual contact with the enemy before getting to the building, she will level her bolt pistol with them and fire off a shot without hesitation.

However, if Valeria does not see any enemy troopers, she will instead shoot the door itself as she approaches it. The logic behind this move?

Bolt shells detonate a fraction of a second after impact. The bolt shell will punch through the wood door without much pause, and then detonate shortly after passing through. If there are any enemy troopers on the other side of the doorway waiting in ambush, they will very quickly find themselves dealing with a small blast of shrapnel and wood splinters. It may not prove lethal, but it will hopefully surprise or disorient them, allowing the troopers to easily enter and overwhelm them.

Half Action: Move towards the farmhouse.

IF ENEMY IS SEEN:
Half action: Shoot 'em. [roll0] vs 55 (BS 35 + 10 standard attack + 10 close)
Damage: Highest of [roll1] OR [roll2], Pen 4

IF NO ENEMY SEEN:
HAlf action: Shoot through the dead center of the door.

Ninjabob
2012-09-07, 08:42 PM
Jace Colber

Jace takes a moment to comfort Mordechai, who is starting to get fidgety again. This consists of a hearty slap on the back and a wink. Jace pulls out a grenade and charges out towards the house, following the commissar. Speaking of which, he didn't mind the view...

The shots she fires from her bolt pistol change his mind. Quickly. He didn't want to die young. Speaking of which, he had a grenade in hand. He chucks the egg as ordered. Now was not the time to screw around.

The grenade BS test [roll0] v 43
Damage [roll1] pen 0

I hope you don't mind, rolling scatter, just in case [roll2]
And scatter distance[roll3]

Hazzardevil
2012-09-09, 05:12 AM
Symonne and Gantz follow hot on the heels of the commissar, with Gantz firing off a shot at the door the commissar shot at.

Half Action: Move after the Commissar

If an Enemy is spotted, priority people behind the door, but someone outside if seen:
Half action: Laser the Heretics. [roll0] vs 55 (BS 48 + 10 standard attack + 10 close)
Damage: [roll1] E.

IF NO ENEMY SEEN:
HAlf action: Shoot at the wall to the right of the door.

DrK
2012-09-09, 05:30 AM
Cpl Rook

Rook follows a fraction after the others. Austin leaning forward to hold the fornt of the barrel. Seeing the others moving forwards and the shapes at the windows the heavy cheerfully depressed the trigger sending a string of massive shells at the enemies as the tank busting shells forced them to seek cover...

Move to the edge of the gate and unleash the fury on the 3 at the window...

Half action: Move
Half action: Semi-auto burst at the window
[roll0] TN 55+5+10-30=50
- damage [roll1] PEN 6
- damage [roll2] PEN 6
- damage [roll3] PEN 6

Grailkeeper
2012-09-10, 07:04 AM
A cannister sails out from behind the fence, landing between the truck and the window panel. As it begins to belch out crimson smoke, a voice shouts

" Now."

A trio burst out towards the door. the enemy troopers were waiting for something like this and start to take snap shots at them.

Enemy 1 [roll0] v 25 (semi auto 35 +10 for range-20 for smoke) v Sgt Petrel
(Damage [roll1]pen 0Damage [roll2]pen 0)
Enemy 2 [roll3] v 25 (semi auto 35 +10 for range-20 for smoke) v Commissar Larkson
(Damage [roll4]pen 0Damage [roll5]pen 0)
Enemy 3 [roll6] v 25 (semi auto 35 +10 for range-20 for smoke) v Cpl Gantz
(Damage [roll7]pen 0Damage [roll8]pen 0)

Commissar Larkson Leads the charge, and as an authority figure is the most obvious target. She takes a number of hits but faith in the Emperor and in 1.5 inch flexweave combat armour sees her through. She fires a shot through the main doorway of the farm house.

With a crunch the truck driver manages to find the right gear and the truck begins to pull away.Shots whistle past Sgt Petrel and kick up the mud around him. He jinks through them and jumps onto the running boards of the truck. Steadying himself with his left hand on the roof of the truck he fires his shotgun one handed into the cab. At such close range the damage is devastating.

Cpl Gantz follows with shots flying all round him. A burst from his meltagun eats the wood surrounding the door's hinges. It falls and inside can be seen an officer and another soldier. They are still sitting stunned at a large metal radio which only seconds before had been permanently deactivated by the Commissar's bolt.

Cpl Rook attempts to provide covering fire but the shots go high and wide as he did not have time to brace his weapon.

The three troopers behind the window frame continue to pour fire out, until a grenade thrown by Colber briefly lights up the crimson smoke and their guns fall silent.

Lycan 01
2012-09-10, 07:46 AM
Commissar Larkson doesn't let a few glancing las beams slow her down. The Imperial officer continues to sprint towards the enemy, a feral snarl upon her lips.

Without hesitation, the Commissar leaps through the hole in the wall blasted by Gantz's melta. As she soars through the impromptu portal, she roars "FOR THE EMPEROR!!" Before her boots even hit the floor, she levels her bolt pistol with the enemy officer and puts a round right between his eyes.

Half action: Move into building
Half action: Shoot the enemy officer in the face to prove a point

Called Shot: [roll0] vs 65 (BS 35 + 10 (single shot) + 30 (point blank) - 10? (called shot))
Damage: [roll1] or [roll2] Pen 4

Hazzardevil
2012-09-10, 03:42 PM
Gant fires 2 shots with his melta gun at the truck.

Half-action: Shoot the truck with the meltagun
Half-action: Shoot the truck with the meltagun

Grailkeeper
2012-09-10, 05:53 PM
The commissar dashes into the farm house and uncermoniously executes the
officer. Seeing his commanders brains spread evenly across the wall the remaining trooper throws down his auto rifle and raises his hands to the ceiling.

Its only now that you can get a good look at him. He's young- very young- no more than 19, and looks terrified.. Like the rest he's wearing a dark grey green overcoat- probably some old PDF cast offs, and a dark metal helmet. His head underneath has been completely shaven. Any imperial symbols have been very neatly snipped off, so as not to damage the fabric. His weapon looks like some cheap stamped metal gun churned out by the thousand by some anonymous manfactorum converted to meet the coming invasion. He lacks most basic military equipment, including body armour. On the table in front of him is this map http://i.imgur.com/KYEEq.jpg.

Outside Cpl Gantz shots go wide and bury themselves harmlessly in the mud. Looking into the shed you can see a box filled with large shells, behind this is civilian fruit picking equipment showing signs of age and rust. To military minds it is as alien in purpose as anything devised by the Eldar race.
A quick glance at the larger barn shows it has been filled with even more of these large heavy shells.

An easy +20 knowledge check for anyone seeking to identify the shell types.

Lycan 01
2012-09-10, 07:15 PM
The Commissar, stern-faced, strides purposefully across the room towards the surrendering soldier. Her left hand reaches out and grabs him by the scruff of the neck, while her right hand slams the barrel of a still-smoking bolt pistol up under his chin. "Hello, traitor," she states cordially with a wicked grin. "You and I are about to become very closely acquainted. I have questions, you have answers. First and foremost, did you get a warning out? Answer me honestly, boy. You haven't seen me angry yet," she warns with a fierce, warning glare.

As she awaits his answer, she calls out the Sergeant without taking her eyes off the prisoner. "Sergeant, have one of your men examine the map and it's tactical worth. The rest of the house needs to be scoured, and then secured against potential counter-attack. Oh, and are any of your men trained in mechanicus techno-rites? We may be able to salvage some of their equipment, though some cleansing may be needed."

LeSwordfish
2012-09-11, 01:50 AM
"Rook! Gantz! Check the house and the outbuildings. Colber check the radio. Find out if they got a signal off, then go see if we can get the car working. Claudia, if you want to stop Symonds dying and or complaining, now's your chance."

Vance walked over to the shells and gave them a critical look. He turned back to Larkson. "You think we can do something with these? Flakk AA shells, for an earthshaker." He scoured the back of his mind for information on the flakk shells. "Probably full of metal fragments, like a frag grenade."

DrK
2012-09-11, 02:44 PM
Cpl Rook

Cpl Rook nodded to the sarge and dashed into the building with Austin. Autocannon and shotgun at the ready as they search the building from top to bottom.

Keeping in mind the foes they had faced he pushes up stairs searching out the sniper and the heavy gunner he tosses the long las down the stairs and with a curt Grab that muscles gets his loader to grab the stubber and any ammo belts that he can find.

Is it just a regular heavy stubber with a 2 belts?
Asking Austin to carry it as a back-up weapon :smallsmile:

(Assuming) the house is secure Rook trampls down stairs with the massive cannon swinging left and right in a menacing manner. Moving over to the sarge and the Commissar he salutes quickly.
"What next Sarge. Sir?" He looks down at the prisoner. "what do we do with this guy?"

Intimidate [roll0] TN 45

Hazzardevil
2012-09-11, 03:09 PM
Gantz gives the Sergeant one look before reloading his melta and switching it for his shotgun. He then goes up an nearby stairs and begins searching the house.

DrK
2012-09-11, 03:19 PM
Cpl Rook

Looking around the room the big Cpl looks about - "Hey you" he shouts at the heretic aiming the huge cannon at the prisoner, "Are you the Battery HQ? How many guns at each battery"

When that is answered he'll look to the Sarge and the Commissar, "Sarge, if we are taking the truck can we bring the stubber. Can't help to have a back-up support gun."

Grailkeeper
2012-09-11, 03:49 PM
In the house he soldier keeps his hands up and nods frantically
"Yesh Yesh, Thiis ish de HQ. Or it vas"

" 2 gunsh I think, maybe 3, I do not know, ve vere de relief force".

Gant Searches the house and finds that it has been recently converted into a barracks- rows and rows of spartan metal bunk beds take up most of the space. They have foot lockers at the bottom but none of these contains anything important or valuable.

Ninjabob
2012-09-11, 04:05 PM
Spc. Jace Colber

Jace signals Mordechai, and they search the rest of the compound, before coming to a stop at the truck. Jace hovers over it for a few seconds, looking at its controls. It looked simple enough. After his sweep, he takes all the weapons and ammunition from the dead soldiers, and lays them out against the outside wall, in an organized manner.

LeSwordfish
2012-09-11, 04:14 PM
Two or three guns. Perhaps three to five crew for each gun? Worse case scenario, twenty to twenty-five men at each emplacement? Presuming no more than a squad or so was assigned to each... If their reserve was the ten men they'd killed here...

"How many men in the battery? How many at each emplacement?"

They could do twenty. Maybe even twenty-five. But more than that... concentrate on wrecking the guns. Ganz' melta would smash up a gun pretty good, if they could get close. And a truckload of shells would smash up a gun even better.

Vance paced.

Lycan 01
2012-09-11, 04:26 PM
Commissar Larkson calmly retracts her bolt pistol and holsters it. Still holding the trooper by the scruff of the neck, she proceeds to draw her chainsword, and rest the unrevved blade against the soldier's kneecap, the unmoving but still razor-sharp teeth gently cutting through the fabric of his uniform.

"I believe I asked you a question, you traitorous bastard," she observes in a calm and dignified manner. "Now, you're either ignoring me because I am a woman, or you think the man with the big gun is scarier than I am. Either way, you are making a serious mistake. Now. Tell me. Did you get out a warning? Are reinforcements coming?" she asks calmly and professionally.

Her thumb is visibly resting on the ignition switch, her fingers already squeezing the throttle of the chainsword to full rev.

Grailkeeper
2012-09-12, 09:24 AM
I'm not Ignoring anyone The solider starts to cry Zey made us come here, I just vant to go home.

Ze LT was on the sqwalk box to HQ but I don't think anyvone is coming. Just ze gun crews and guards at each battery- maybe 10-20?

Please don't kill me, none of us wanted to be here but they said they'd kill our families, I just want to go home to my parentsh. He takes out a picture of his parents and holds it up.

http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/5379713/il_570xN.246593782.jpg

Lycan 01
2012-09-12, 11:34 AM
Commissar Larkson's face contorts with rage and disgust. "You want to go home? You want to just walk away? You're an Emperor-damned traitor, and a coward at that!" she roars.

She hurls the trooper bodily to the floor, and delivers a swift kick to his stomach. "Your parents?! Do you think your parents are proud that their son is a traitor?! Rather than be martyrs of the Emperor, their son has turned his back on everything they believe in!" Another kick. "Where is your faith? Your conviction? Your spine?!" Yet another, stronger kick. She then uses the tip of her boot to push the (probably sobbing) soldier onto his back. Standing astride his fallen form, she leans down and lowers her face to be just inches from his. With a stern, steel gaze, she quietly asks him: "Do you have any idea who you've been helping? I do not think so. Because if you did... you would be begging me to kill you right now."

DrK
2012-09-12, 11:59 AM
Cpl Rook and Cpl Austin watch impassively as the Commissar beats up the heretic. Better him than us attracting the black uniformed psycho's ire the unspoken thoughts passing through the minds of both men.

Loudly he turns to the Sarge. "Are we taking the truck up to Battery 2 sarge?" - if the answer is yes he'll move to load the stubber in the truck and wait in the courtyard, if the answer is no hell just move to an upstairs window and go on overwatch lest the enemy investigate the sudden silence.

Grailkeeper
2012-09-12, 03:21 PM
The sound of the beating is interrupted by the ringing of the squad's Vox unit.

Squad one to Bigbird. Tango one is down, over.

Bigbird to first squad, well done. We are currently pinned down but engaging the enemy at Tango three. Squad two what's your status, over?

LeSwordfish
2012-09-12, 04:36 PM
"Bigbird, this is two leader. We've taken the battalion command-" - by dropping on top of it by accident, he failed to add- "And are preparing to move to tango two. Need us to pull your ass out the fire, Bigbird? We got transport and additional supplies."

Ninjabob
2012-09-12, 08:02 PM
Spc. Jace Colber

Jace waits for the sergeant to finish his message before speaking up Sir, I believe I may be able to use the enemy's cannons against them. I was taught how to use a great many land vehicles, including the basilisk, during tech training.

Grailkeeper
2012-09-13, 02:51 AM
Thats a Negative, we can handle this. Guns are priority number one, I make it 2 hours till the C-94s are in this airspace, guns need to be gone by then, most rikki-tik.

First Squad, I think I saw a clearing before Tango 2 when we were overhead, rendsez-vous there with second squad before moving up and spiking these guns.

Second Squad move out and make the clearing.

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 08:04 AM
Commissar Larkson listens to the radio chatter. She then looks back down at the soldier and scowls. "Strip off that uniform, and then run." She steps away from the soldier, and glares around at the rest of the men in her unit. "Let him go. The Emperor would frown on such a wanton waste of ammunition," she growls.

LeSwordfish
2012-09-13, 10:18 AM
"Do yourself a favour." Vance advised. "Lose the uniform. And stay in the countryside for a few days."

While the man obliges, Vance turns to his squad. "Alright, folks. Two hours until the big noise starts. Battery one is clear, battery three is a work in progress, and we are headed out to rendezvous with squad two at a clearing for battery two. Load the stubbers and any extra gear into the truck. Lewis, Mordechai, any ammo that will fit our weapons, load it on the truck."

"Basilisk training, eh? Could come in very handy."

Grailkeeper
2012-09-13, 03:01 PM
After sealing off the doors of the barn the squad mounts up. By now the enemy solider, divested of uniform, has long since made his way into the night.

The Truck is of a common kind found all over the sector, so there are no difficulties driving it, and the squad are well used to travelling this way, they just wish whoever had designed the STC had thought to include suspension.

Travelling with the aid of the stolen map, and following the most rutted roadway the squad finds itself just outside the clearing. Roughly half an hour has passed and there has been no radio contact. The squad dismount here so as to make as little noise as possible. A single figure emerges from the shadows and calls out "Night"

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 03:16 PM
Dismounting from the truck, Valeria hovers her hand just above her holstered bolt pistol. "Fog," she calls out sternly, before looking up at whoever is manning the newly-mounted stubber, and flicking her head towards the figure. "Keep your eyes on him..." he quietly warns the squad.

DrK
2012-09-13, 03:35 PM
Cpl Rook

The big heavy perched on the back of the truck looks at the figure as the Sarge gives the countersign. THe massive barrel of the autocannon aimed his way in a slightly menacing manner.

"Ready to play with the big guns?" the whispered question to Austin, "Always!" the return answer as the tall blonde trooper runs a gloved hand through his long blond locks.

"Not the eyes we to keep on him sarge." Rook whispers back as he motions with a nod to the barrel of the cannon that points at the figure.

LeSwordfish
2012-09-13, 04:10 PM
Timesplit: on the journey
In a quiet moment on the journey, Vance took a moment to make eye contact with the commissar.

"Good call." he said, quietly. "Lot of commissars I've known wouldn't have done that. Another reason to be thankful Crowe's not with us any more." That little heresy done, Vance turned back to cleaning the gore off the muzzle of his shotgun.

At the Clearing
Vance dropped down from the truck and walked toward the figure. "Squad three? What took you so long?"

Chainsword and pistol ready. Because you never know.

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 04:21 PM
Timesplit: On the Road

Commissar Larkson gives a small shrug, and maintains a neutral expression. "You know what they say. 'Cowards die a thousand deaths.' Killing him would have been doing him a favor. And," she smirks, "I was serious about wasting ammunition. We should save it for actual threats, not sniveling fools who pose us no immediate danger. But yes, do not be surprised if some of my methods are slightly more 'outside the box' than your previous representative of the Commissariat."

She glances over at Corporal Rook. "Most Commissars, for example, would have shot him after that little 'noise discipline' fiasco," she quietly tells the Sergeant. "But I would rather not so flippantly execute our best heavy gunner, as his talents are too useful to squander, and I doubt he will cause any further complications. And bolting someone thirty seconds into the operation is not the best way to integrate oneself into a new unit, either. Hopefully I will not come to regret that decision of lenience," she mutters with a roll of her eyes.

Grailkeeper
2012-09-13, 04:47 PM
First squad. Or all thats left of it.

You recognise the trooper as Yanny Pederson, a relatively popular member of first squad. He's not looking well. He's lost his helmet and shotgun. His throat and chest are covered in drying blood. The parts of his face not blackened by gunsmoke have a distinct blue pallor and his eyes are glazed.

It hit us just after we got the message off. Some kind of red...daemon. I've never seen anything move so fast. Last thing I remember was it gutting the sarge. I dunno how I got away it killed everyone, I think, I can't remember exactly what happened it was all so fast. I dunno where the squad are or where it went, or even how I got here.

He takes out a lho stick, and lights it. His hands are visibly trembling.

Ninjabob
2012-09-13, 05:02 PM
Spc. Jace Colber

Jace liked being behind the wheel. There wasn't any better. Course, the Emperor damned machine didn't have suspension. That only made it more fun. Not for his passengers. But their comfort wasn't his problem. They were in the Guard, not some pleasure outing.

He pulled to the side of the road near the clearing. Someone stepped onto the road, and Jace reached for his shotgun, only to hear the call. Dear Emperor, was that Yanny Pederson? They had just played tarot yesterday, and this happens. It exemplified life in the guard.

Daemon? Jace asks, getting out of the car. He walks over to Pederson, and swats away the lho stick.Light discipline. I'm gonna ask a question just to make sure its you, and not some... Impostor. What did we do yesterday?

While it sounds like he's giving Pederson a hard time, the concern in his eyes is palpable.

LeSwordfish
2012-09-14, 01:38 AM
"Crap." Vance stopped in his stride, his imagination running free. "I... Crap."

"Get in the truck. Explain all you can. Have you voxed this to command?"

Grailkeeper
2012-09-14, 04:57 AM
He lights another lho stick

Fug Light discipline. I just blew up a gun emplacement and watched my friends die, we are so fugging far beyond light discipline it isn't fugging funny.

Command doesn't know, the first one it took out was our vox operator. Daemon, Xenos, Mutant... what ever that red and black bastard is it's fugging clever as well as quick.

Yesterday feels like a fuggin long time ago now. He draws on the smoke. Lets see, I went to the command briefing, then afterwards I played a game of Shuggy and ate a can of peaches. Ya happy?

LeSwordfish
2012-09-14, 07:13 AM
"Okay." Vance said, breathing and thinking quickly. "Sit down in the truck, catch your breath. We need to vox this to command ASAP."

His eyes flickered to the commissar. Unless they already know. But he didn't say that.

Kiranvonstrom
2012-09-14, 09:33 AM
"Right, now Yanny?" Claudia speaks up, after an uncharacteristic period of silence. No one had been threatened with organ donation for some time. "Shut the frak up and let me stitch you back up."

Claudia let out an unsteady breath. Daemon. Her previous experiences with daemons had been attempting to staunch the bleeding on a stomach wound brought back to camp by a seabird who had stumbled back into camp with his intestines almost hanging out. How a red-hot blade hadn't cauterized the wound when it had gutted the man was a mystery to Claudia, and one she really never planned to find out. She had managed to close the wound after an hour of intense surgery. The man died the next day anyway.

Daemons were bad business.

"Symmone. Get your arse over here. You're next for treatment."

Claudia paused as she bagan to pull out her medikit.

"Um...Commissar? How are we sure that he isn't influenced? Like, unconscious-wise? His memory's bad, though that could be shell shock." Claudia said, suddenly worried. Seeing worry on the face of the psychopathic medic is...disconcerting, at the very least. Like seeing an Ork in a uniform.

"Yanny, I need you to say the Emperor's Creed. Verse 719, you know the one. Like he was right in front of you. I want to hear that faith." If he could say the Emperor's Creed, then he probably wasn't posessed. If he was, well...

Claudia pulled out her shotgun and nestled it firmly beneath his chin.

"Pray. You owe me for that hand of cards." She hoped the commissar would understand.

LeSwordfish
2012-09-14, 09:43 AM
Vance put his hand on the man's shoulder. "It's Okay, Yanny. We can't be too sure. Just stay calm, do what the medicae says."

Kiranvonstrom
2012-09-14, 09:46 AM
Claudia laughs darkly. "Music to my ears, Sir.

Tarquin, meanwhile, guides Symmone away to the bed of the truck, where he begins cleaning off his arm wound.

Lycan 01
2012-09-14, 09:58 AM
Commissar Larkson watches the events unfolding before her, her mind racing as she weighs all of her options. How much do they know? How much should they know? Where does 'classified above your pay grade' end and 'need to know basis' begin? Should she explain her next course of action to them, or simply carry out her duty and spare them the reasoning behind it?

Then the Medic crams her shotgun up under the trooper's chin, under the assumption that he's possessed. Ah, so close...

Commissar Larkson draws her bolt pistol - an action sure to get everone's attention. "Alright, soldiers, stow the chatter!" she barks. "Eye open, weapons hot! The thing that slaughtered Trooper Pederson's squad was no demon. It is mortal, it bleeds, and it can be killed! But if it gets the drop on us, we're frakked! So stop dawdling around and interrogating this man, and focus more on the fact we're probably about to be attacked!" she snarls.

"Besides, Trooper Pederson is not possessed," she states factually, before assuming a rigid posture with her left hand behind her back, and her bolt pistol leveled directly with the man's forehead. "He's infected."

And with that, she blasts the majority of his brain matter out the back of his shattered skull.

Kiranvonstrom
2012-09-14, 10:05 AM
Claudia barely blinks when the commissar kills Yanny. Such are the benefits of homocidal psychosis.

"Aw, commissar, but he owed me money..." Claudia ignores the fact that she is now covered in blood and brain matter. In her line of work, that isn't exactly an unusual condition.

"Right then," Claudia lets the body drop, and ***** her shotgun. "Eyes on our sides?"

Claudia carefully didn't ask what infestation meant. Let some other poor frakker ask, and get their head blown off for curiosity.

OOC: apparently, the act of preparing a shotgun to fire is censored. Oh, well, GiantITP. You all know what it means.

DrK
2012-09-14, 03:26 PM
As the Commisaar mutters the word infected Rook slides away from the 1st Squad man - a wise move as seconds later his head explodes in a mass of red gore. The blood spraying over Rook's face.

Wiping the mess clear Rook looks worriedly at the Commissar. "Er Maam, its not catching his disease eh?"

Waiting for the answer he goes back to looking down the long barrel of the gun at anything moving in the darkness.

Lycan 01
2012-09-14, 04:12 PM
Valeria flicks a skull fragment off of her sleeve, a look of mild disgust and disdain on her face. "Contagious? No. Dangerous? Indirectly," she observes sternly.

The Commissar passes her bolt pistol to her left hand, and as her right hand reaches down to unbuckle her chainsword from it's sheathe, her eyes shift to the men and woman around her. A scowl tugs at the corners of her mouth. "My orders were to keep this information 'need-to-know,' but leaving you in the dark will likely just hamper combat effectiveness." She draws her chainsword and twirls it in her hand, performing a duelist flourish with the un-revved blade. "I'd rather you know about it now and prepare accordingly, and not scream and die like idiots when it finally decides to show itself. The thing that got 1st squad was a Genestealer," she growls. "Just like any living creature, human or otherwise, it dies if you shoot it. Do not underestimate them. But do not fear them. Just keep your wits about you, and you'll be fine."

LeSwordfish
2012-09-14, 05:10 PM
Vance releases the man's shoulder, and the ruined corpse of trooper Yanny Pederson, first squad, fifth platoon, 010503994, chief dodge-passer of the regimental scrumball team, fell from the truck into the dirt and lay limp.

"We've still got a job to do." Vance said, dropping from the truck to take the man's dog-tags, and then looking each member of the squad in the eye. "Don't matter what beast spreads its **** on this rock, if we don't silence those guns, a lot of good men will die. Ninety minutes, soldiers. We don't have time to cower."

"Colber, pass me the vox-horn, and start driving us towards the objective. Everyone else, stay sharp."

When he recieves the horn, Vance swings it up under his chin. "Bigbird, this is two leader. Squad one is down. Repeat, down. Continuing with previous orders."

Hazzardevil
2012-09-15, 05:06 AM
During the journey
Symonne nurses his arm and whimpers during the journey and when he gets out he gets out the car to be treated.

Once they arrive
Gantz speaks up after the Commissar speaks:
These Genestealers, do they were any sort of armour? Are they purely organic or would it be more efficent to use my meltagun on them to melt armour?

Lycan 01
2012-09-15, 12:18 PM
Commissar Larkson watches Vance retrieve Trooper Pederson's dog tags. As he stands back up, she tries to make eye contact with the Sergeant. "The man you knew was gone," she quietly tells him. "I did him a favor."

She then turns towards Gantz and his inquiry. Great, now they're asking questions...

"It's chitinous hide serves as a natural armor of sorts, but it's nothing that can't withstand a round of buckshot, a revving chainblade, or a blast from a melta-gun," she smirks confidently. "You've all read your Primers. Shoot them. Kill them. Rinse and repeat. It's as simple as that."

Ninjabob
2012-09-16, 04:03 PM
Spc. Jace Colber

Jace recoils sharply from the loss of his friend. Of course it wasn't his friend any longer. He was filthy. He was profane. He was Xenos. He takes a moment to remember the man he knew, and to wipe bits of him off his face, and then continues with the matter at hand, tossing Vance the vox horn. He grabs his shotgun and pumps it, and lays it across his legs in the truck.

Sarge, I suggest I drive this truck forward into the middle stubber nest, with at least myself and Gantz in it. From there we would have great positions against the basilisks.

DrK
2012-09-17, 02:40 PM
As the road passed under the wheels of the truck Rook watched the cliffs and the berm through the greenish tint of the photo-visor. "3 Nests eh? Do we supresse the left and centre or right and centre?"

He glances at Austin - "You going in with the strike team?". Austin smiles a winning smile with his gleaming white teeth and hefts his shotgun. "Emperor's Faith aye." He nods.

Austin will, if needed go with the strike party. I guess I can load myself :smallsmile:

LeSwordfish
2012-09-17, 03:13 PM
Vance studied the topography for another minute. "Right. This is the plan. Colber, Mordechai, Symmonds, Ganz, Lewis, you're team one. Temporary control is Colber's."

Lewis, the adjudant, opens his mouth to speak. Vance silences him with a gesture.

"Colber'll be driving. He wont need a passenger telling him where to go. Take the truck, drive down to that nest there. Drive casual as far as you can, take it out from as close a range as possible. Team two- me, Rook, and Austin, will remain here with the stubbers, and on your signal will keep both the other nests pinned. Head down to the beach and take the basilisks. Commissar, wherever you feel you'll be most useful."

"And one last thing. There could be any number of alien gribblies running around on that beach. I don't care. I don't care what things will come out of the bushes to try and eat you, and when you stand in front of the emperor and give him that excuse, he won't care either."

DrK
2012-09-17, 04:20 PM
Rook glances down into the bushes at the Sgt's words. "I wish you hadn't said that Sarge..." The words followed seconds later by Austin and Rook hopping off the side of the trick and finding a good fallen log to hunker down behind with the autocannon braced on the top sweeping left and right as he watches the berm.

"Just givethe word sarge and I'll take down the nest"...

Hunker down behind a log bracing the cannon.

Then if time allows I will full round aim at the central nest and wait to shoot :smallsmile:

Lycan 01
2012-09-17, 04:20 PM
Commissar Larkson nods to Sergeant Vance. "I will accompany Team One."

She then takes a step forward, her posture straight and rigid, with her left hand folded behind her back, and her right hand holding her bolt pistol aloft. "Guardsmen, I will not lie to you. The Sergeant is right; there is a very real probability of Xenos presence amongst the enemy," she states with a stern expression, her voice firm and authoritative. "Your initial reaction to them will, no doubt, be fear. It is only natural that such abominations against nature and the Emperor's Grace would create such strong emotional reaction within you. But Guardsmen, do not let that fear weaken or control you. Instead, harness it! Turn it into rage. Turn it into righteous fury. Let it guide your hand in the destruction of the things which summon up such feelings within your soul. Let your soul be your guide; destroy that which it abhors."

She slowly looks into the eyes of each man and woman in her presence. "Should anyone come into close contact with a Genestealer and be bitten, I shall examine them afterwards for possible signs of infection. However, even if I fall in the coming conflict, you have already seen the symptoms firsthand. Fatigue, disorientation, memory loss, open wounds, blue pallor, vacant stare... And should I show these symptoms myself, just shoot me. But ONLY those symptoms. I'd rather not be shot over a sneeze," she quips, a wry smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

Valeria ejects the current clip from her bolt pistol, and slams a fresh, full magazine into. Racking the slide to chamber a fresh round, she then adjusts her hat and sash before striding back towards the truck. She clambers up onto the back of the truck, and stands up so that the team can clearly see her. "Well soldiers, it is time to move out and perform our duty to the Emperor. Let no man or woman be found wanting in thought and deed. Do not falter, do not fail. Press on, Guardsman of the Imperium. Press on, and triumph!" she proclaims.

Ninjabob
2012-09-17, 06:32 PM
Spc. Jace Colber

Colber nods at the Sarge. It was time. The commissar's speech made him smile. After all, how many times do you find a commissar asking to be shot.... Okay, literally asking to be shot.

Everyone, mount up, and stay low. We'll try and get in as close as we can before combat. If we get shot at before then, it may get a bit bumpy. Everybody, check ammo. Moving in 30 seconds.

Colber feels the adrenaline starting to rush through him. Mordechai looks the same way. The enormity of their objective had hit him. It wasn't about if he died. It wasn't about if his squad died. If they were successful, they would save thousands. Nonetheless, Mordechai looked a little jumpy.

Kiranvonstrom
2012-09-18, 09:21 AM
Claudia claps halfheartedly. Or tries to. It's difficult to do while you're stitching up an arm wound.

"Those were beautiful speeches," She says dully, "If you wouldn't mind telling me where you want me sarge, it would be just frakking beautiful if you would oblige."

She doesn't look up from Symmond's arm while she talks. Say what you want about her attitude, Claudia is a good medic.

OOC:
Medicae on Symmonds: [roll0]

Hazzardevil
2012-09-18, 01:57 PM
Commissar, for all our sake's, please don't die! Your much more lenient than most representatives of the Commissariat!

Gantz then let's out a grin.

Ninjabob
2012-09-20, 09:07 PM
Spc. Jace Colber

Colber puts the truck in gear and drives forward, casually. Despite his projected aura of calm, he was incredibly nervous. Would this work? He hoped it did. The more likely answer was they got riddled with bullets, but hey, what's life without a bit of risk?

Oh no, a soldier was coming up. He shouted something in his strange tongue. Colber looks back at the commissar, hoping for her to answer...

ooc: just wanting to get the ball rolling again.

Lycan 01
2012-09-21, 12:32 AM
Commissar Larkson looks at the men and women under her command. She is about to gamble with their lives.

Valeria clears her throat, and then calls out to the man. "Yes, ve haf de fuel. One of ze forced conscripts had second thoughts, und decided threats to zeir families weren't enough reason to betray zeir 'Emperor.' A few of ze other men thought he made a good point. Zer was a scuffle... und we had to stop to pick up a few replacements. Anyvey, ver do you vant us to drop off ze fuel?" she asks, doing her best to fake the native accent and spin a convincing story. If they can get behind the enemy lines.....

Deceive: [roll0] vs ???

DrK
2012-09-21, 01:00 AM
Rook lay on the ground breathing comfortably as he lay behind the fallen trunk. The autocanno stretching forward like a finger of doom. With half an eye he glanced at the truck rolling slowly forward towards one of the machine gun nests. If it goes south nudge us he mutters to Austin as he sights down the crude bore sights on the back of the autocannon taking careful aim at the head of one of the gunners on the central nest at the height of the berm...

While the truck was faffing around and moving forward
- Full round aim at central nest
- Ready to semi-auto the central nest when things go wrong

- How many men are in the central nest?

Grailkeeper
2012-09-21, 09:29 AM
IMPERIALS! Shouts the guard

He runs at the truck and fires into the cab at the Commissar
[roll0] v 35 +30 (point blank range)- 20 (headlights blinding)- 20 Called shot +0 semi auto

The heavy stubber swings around and unloads on the driver of the truck hoping to stop it in its tracks

[roll1] v 35 +20 (aim short range)- 20 Called shot -10 full auto

The windows spiderweb and bullets ricochet off the metal work. Despite the short range the sturdy vehicle holds true, undoubtedly saving the lives of those inside.

Shouts can be heard within the compund and in the other gun pits as the enemy troops react to the noise. You can hear the sound over that of very deep engines starting up.

Kiranvonstrom
2012-09-21, 09:59 AM
"Oh, frak me." Claudia mutters irritated. "Not that I mind shooting heretics, but still." Tarquin just hid behind the thickest amount of steel he could find. Despite having to work with the squad's medic, he wasn't suicidal.

Oh well." Claudia's face splits into a feral grin. "It isn't an operation until someone's been killed, and I haven't killed anyone yet." She racks up a shell in her shotgun. "Time to make this an operation"

Tarquin sighed, unsheathed a laspistol and prepared to crack a couple shots off if he got the oppurtunity.

OOC:
INITIATIVE: [roll0]

LeSwordfish
2012-09-21, 10:15 AM
Here we go.

Vance took brief aim with his stubber down the hill at the other nest, and opened up with a long burst of fire that blew leaves off trees and clods of earth into the air, but did very little else.

Initiative [roll0] (+4 for intelligence, +1 for combat formation.)
Full round aim while the car is driving.
[roll1] vs 39 +30 full auto +20 aim -20 ability - 20 pinning, right? for a total of 49, or 19 if the full auto bonus doesn't apply when suppressing.

DrK
2012-09-21, 10:47 AM
As the heretics lay down the fire onto the hapless truck Rook smiles a small smile and a faint whisper "Lets go fishing..." as the autocannon rips into life reaching out to touch the central macinegun nest...

Initiative [roll0] (including combat formation +1)

Semi-auto burst [roll1] Vs 55+5comrade+20aim+ 10 short range + 30 unaware? = 120!

Damage Vs man 1 [roll2] PEN 6
Damage Vs man 2 [roll3] PEN 6
Damage Vs man 1 [roll4] PEN 6

Lycan 01
2012-09-21, 12:49 PM
When the guard screams about them being Imperials, Commissar Larkson sticks her bolt pistol out the window and fires a point blank round into the guard. "AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!" she roars.

Initiative: [roll0]

Half action: Aim
Half action: Shoot the guard

Attack roll: [roll1] vs 85 (BS 35 + 10 standard attack + 10 aim + 30 point blank range)
Damage: [roll2] or [roll3] Pen 4

Ninjabob
2012-09-21, 06:31 PM
Spc. Jace Colber

Oh great, now they were shooting at them. As bullets slammed into the car, Colber slams his foot onto the pedal, accelerating rapidly. That guy right in front of him. He was the one who started firing first. He could see the man's eyes grow wider at the rapidly approaching truck...

But he wasn't the target. As bullets slam into the truck, Colber drives it straight at the nest.

Ram check [roll0] vs 43 Operate Surface

Damage 30(AP)+ 1d10 =[roll1]

edit: rerolled in ooc

Lycan 01
2012-09-22, 08:39 PM
The sudden veering of the truck throws off Valeria's aim. Turning to glare at the driver, she snarls at Colber. "Trooper, what are you-" The Commissar's eyes go wide as she sees the rapidly-approaching MG nest in the headlights. "Oh frak."

This isn't going to be fun.

Grailkeeper
2012-09-23, 09:25 AM
The truck turns jarringly. Those inside are jolted back and forth violently, spoiling their aim. It slams into the sandbags surrounding the checkpoint, it almost stops but at the last minute gathers enough momentum to plow through crushing the machine gunner. This is not without cost- most of the bodywork of the truck is damaged and large scraps of metal have been left behind.

Two heavy weapons opened from the treeline, kicking up dirt and bursting sandbags. The men in the emplacement were forced to duck down out harms way. One round penetrates through the protection and eviscerates the primary operator.

The first watchman slows his fire as the truck passes him firing with deliberate precision into nearest part- the troop compartment. The shots pass between troopers, missing by a matter of centimeters.

[roll0] v 55 (35+30-20+10 +0)

DrK
2012-09-23, 03:32 PM
Rook pops his head up peering down the sight of the gun. "Bloody cheeck. I'll get you." He squints again carefully popping off a very carefully aimed shot at the exposed head of the surviving man in the nest...

Grr... I'll get the surviving guy :smallsmile:
Aim and semi-auto
[roll0] TN 55+5+10aim+10short = 80
Damage [roll1] PEN 6
Damage [roll2] PEN 6
Damage [roll3] PEN 6

Tests for RF [roll4]
Extra damage (if its the BC style 1d5 crit then half these) [roll5]

Lycan 01
2012-09-23, 03:37 PM
Commissar Valeria turns to look at Colber. "Not how I would have done it," she smirks, "But nice job nonetheless."

She then leans out the window, trains her bolt pistol on the guard, and removes his tainted soul from existence.

Half action: Shoot

[roll0] vs 85 (BS 35 + 10 aim + 10 standard attack + 30 point blank)

Grailkeeper
2012-09-23, 06:17 PM
Now that the truck has just cleared the check point you have a better view of the target site. As if to match the storm unleashed on the ground, the storm above reaches maximum turbulence and lightning gives you a very clear view of what lies ahead. Two large warmachines are on the cliff edge, turning to present a more defensive facing. They appear starkly luminated against the roiling gas sea. Lightning stikes light them up and you can see they are a bright mustard colour with green camo stripes.

Light spills out from a large building and a number of troops run out from the doorway.

LeSwordfish
2012-09-29, 12:43 PM
Vance swung the stubber to cover the other nest. "Into them, guardsmen." he roars. "They won't keep their heads down forever. Do you want to explain to the colonel why he was gutted by a flakker?"

Ninjabob
2012-09-29, 04:56 PM
Spc. Jace Colber

Why thank you Commissar. Colber says, revving the engine once more. This was his favorite part. Being able to control something of such power was an awesome feeling. And better yet, he was one of the best.

I'm gonna bring us up alongside the basilisk! Clear it out! Jace says before sliding the vehicle up right alongside the basilisk, with the other side facing the "shore"

Kiranvonstrom
2012-10-01, 07:09 PM
"Roger!" Claudia wasn't sure what made her say it really, possibly some sort of unconcious tendency to ape the war picts some idiot had thought of showing during R&R.

Realizing that there was very little she could do to actually do at the moment, with her chances of actually hitting something with an inherently innacurate weapon from a moving truck, Claudia braced herself against the back of the car and fired blindly at the basilisk's open crew compartment, hoping that the spray of shells might keep the heads of the crew down long enough for more heavily armed squadmates to disable the artillery piece.

OOC:
BS (41, I believe), with penalities for surpressive fire: [roll0]

Hazzardevil
2012-10-02, 11:56 AM
Gantz, enjoying just another day at the office, draws his Melta and dashes out of the Truck doors before running for some nearby cover.

He then aims at the Basilisk preparing to fire.

Symonne whimpers at the artillery fire and hides inside the Truck praying he isn't shot.

Move out of the Chimera to some cover, then spend a half-action to aim at the Basilisk, gain a +10 bonus on ballistic skill on all attacks next turn.

Symonne spends the round taking cover in the Truck.

Grailkeeper
2012-10-02, 02:52 PM
Ram test, [roll0]

Grailkeeper
2012-10-02, 02:55 PM
The streams of fire from the imperial firebase keep up the pressure. The middle fire pit is obliterated and the troopers in the remaining fire pit hit the ground.

All attempts at disguise long since abandoned, the truck barges into the middle of the enemy encampment, smaller streams of fire branching out attempting to hit the guards. They return fire but are unable to hit the relatively nimble machine. There is the distinctive sound of a plasma pistol on maximal setting, and one of the remaining panels glows a worrying cherry red, but no substantial damage is done to the machine.

It attempts to drive around to the weaker armour at the side of the basilisk, and it looks like it wont make it when the driver of the basilisk stamps down on the accelorator in an attempt to crush it. It manages to evade him by the slimmest of margins. As it passes the heavy bolter opens up at devastatingly close range, but the shots are jarred by the sudden movement and miss.

[roll0] (+30 point blank, -10 move+10 aim-20 called shot) v 45

Attiluz hops out of the truck, protected from most of the enemy fire by its sheer bulk and draws a bead on the rear. The loader and main operator frantically try and fire down at him, but have difficulty standing still on the swaying gundeck.

The remaining Basilisk finishes its turn looking ominously directly at the truck

Grailkeeper
2012-10-02, 02:59 PM
Bugger, wrong thread Enemy officer

Firing maximal plasma pistol
+10 aim +20 enormous, -20 speed

Ram test, [roll0]

DrK
2012-10-02, 03:01 PM
Cpl Rook looks carefully in the darkness as fire and epxlosions light up the greenish spectral glow of the photovisor. Rotating the massive cannon 20 degrees to starboard he takes careful aim at the third and so far unengaged firebase before cutting loose with a powerful burst...

Aim and semi-auto
[roll0] Vs 55+5+10 = 70
Damage [roll1] PEN6 with the confirmed RF that's 38!! PEN 6 :smallbiggrin:
Damage [roll2] PEN6
Damage [roll3] PEN6

And righteous if necssary [roll4] and for the damage [roll5]

Eyeing up the pile of shells he mutters to Austen, "Get the next belt we are are about to go dry" before asking the sarge over the roar of the Stubber. "What next sarge - we moving or waiting to see what comes over the hill?"

Lycan 01
2012-10-02, 03:48 PM
Commissar Larkson sneers as the soldier goes down.

Then she notices the Basilisk facing them. And its gun. Its very big gun.

The Commissar pales slightly. "Uh oh."

"Drive dammit! Drive!" she snarls to Colber. "If we wind up dead for this, I will not hesitate to kick your ass in front of the Emperor Himself!" As barks her warning, Valeria leans out the window and cracks off a bolt at the enemy officer armed with a plasma pistol. Hopefully, that will take some of the heat off of them - pun intended.

Half Action: Aim
Half Action: Shoot officer

[roll0] vs 85 (BS 35 + 10 aim + 10 standard + 30 point blank)

Hazzardevil
2012-10-06, 07:19 AM
Come on traitors! Meet your doom!
Gantz lets of 2 shots, with fire provided by Symonne to help him weaken the armour of the basilisk.

After the 2 shots from Gantz he yells to the Commissar:

That Commissar! Is how you deal with Basilisks!

First Shot:
[roll0] (I'm not sure on the range, but I've taken into account range, volleys and the like.)
Damage: [roll1] (E)

Second Shot:
[roll2]
Damage: [roll3] (E)

LeSwordfish
2012-10-08, 04:15 PM
Vance continued the play of firepower across the nests.

[roll0] vs same as ever.

"Squad! Status update!" he barked.

DrK
2012-10-09, 05:43 AM
"Trawling" Rook muttered to himself and Austen as he traversed the massive barrel left and right searching for a target. "Got a bite" the words low and hrash as he sees one of the guards at the first and closest checkpoint peeking out. "Casting" the last word muttered as the massive autocannon bucks in his hand. "One left then we are changing the reel".

Called shot the survivor in the head

[roll0] TN 55+ 5comrade- 10 called shot (D.E shot) +10 short range = 60
Damage to an exposed head [roll1] PEN 6

RF as necessary [roll2] damage [roll3]

Ninjabob
2012-10-09, 01:59 PM
Spc Colber

I don't think that'd work. After all, the Emperor protects. Colber retorts, flashing a grin at the commissar as he slams the accelerator, hard enough to make a tech-priest flinch. He slams the horn twice as he blazes towards the basilisk.

Flooring it! towards the other basilisk.

Operate test [roll0] vs 33

Also gonna make a jink, just in case.
[roll1] vs 43 - size mod, i dunno what that is

also, all attacks to or from the vehicle take a -20 penalty, due to flooring it.

edit: nothing bad happens

Grailkeeper
2012-10-09, 02:51 PM
The second gun emplacement bursts under the torrent of fire before ever even having the chance to defend itself. Only one of the border guards lives still- miraculously the guard who first confronted the sea birds.

As the heavy basilisk passes by Attilus sights down his melta gun and fires. A thin cone of bluefire darts out, like a bunsen burner on high setting. It starts to melt a thin line down the side of the tank, preparing to burst it open like a ration tin of grox meat.
OOC 12 damage done so far to Basilisk 1.

The two men at the rear frantically keep up their defence of the vehicle
[roll0] v 25
[roll1] v 25

Hits (semi auto)
1[roll2]
2[roll3]
3[roll4]

Result Gantz takes 4 damage

One of their shots passes through Gantz' armour. Droplets of blood start to stain the blue of his uniform but his fighting ability is unimpared.

The commissar attempts to shoot at the plasma weilder but the shot is caught on the imposing barrel of the warmachine and leaves a gleaming burst mark but nothing more than superficial damage. As the basilisk moves forward the guards move into a firing position and are now completely visible. They don't have time to shoot but have a clear line on the truck.

The truck darts forward and attempt to dodge the incoming heavy bolter fire from the basilisk in front. It's steering is more sluggish due to battle damage. Three rounds pass between the driver and the commissar and exit the cab continuing through the body of medical assistant Tarquin Sextus. Even though the rounds don't detonate within him he's dead before he hits the floor.

Hazzardevil
2012-10-10, 12:06 PM
Gantz reaches for his chest where the bullet hit reflexively, he then raises his Melta and aims again before shooting again.

Attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1] E type.

Lycan 01
2012-10-12, 01:38 PM
Commissar Larkson ignores the massive holes punched into the seat inches from her body. She leans out the window again, and cracks off another shot at the plasma wielding officer.

"Grenades! Frags out, kraks on the Baskilisks!" Valeria barks over the rumble of the engines and the roar of the weapons.

Another shot at enemy officer: [roll0] vs 85

DrK
2012-10-12, 02:40 PM
Rook curses slightly as he is unable to see the results of his shot. Hastily he fires off the last round before turning to the Sarge - "Reloading"

Aim at any guard I can see and single shot
Attack [roll0] TN 80
Damage [roll1] PEN 6
- RF if neccessary [roll2] damages [roll3]

The next full round action will be reloading. Normally its 2 full but comrade reduces it to 1.

Kiranvonstrom
2012-10-12, 05:19 PM
"Yes, Ma'am!" Claudia shouted, fishing into her bandolier for a frag grenade, which she promptly lobbed at the occupants of the basilisk.

"Fire in the hole!"

OOC:
[roll0] vs 41, I think.

Hazzardevil
2012-10-12, 05:53 PM
Gantz aims and fires at the Basilisk again.
Symonne also shoots rather ineffectively at it as well.

Just die Traitors!

Attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1] E type

Grailkeeper
2012-10-15, 04:01 AM
Finally the last of the patrol guards falls. The combat is now solelly down amoungst the batteries.

The truck continues moving forward, but another blue bolt darts out towards it. The shot hits the hull and an electical cable is knocked loose whipc cracking out and dashing sparks all over the commissar. Despite it's small size it does a significant amount of harm.
[roll0] v 55 (35+10+20-20 +10)]

Damage [roll1] pen 8

The remaining guards clearly would prefer to take out the high priority target slagging the basilisk and turn to aim at him, however a barked order from the officer shifts their aim and they try and snipe the driver of the truck. One round makes it through the door way, most of its momentum has been lessened by the impact but It's still enough to hurt

[roll2] v 25 (35-20-20+10+10+10)
[roll3] v 25 (35-20-20+10+10+10)
[roll4] v 25 (35-20-20+10+10+10)

damage

1[roll5]
2[roll6]

The men on the back of the swaying basilisk keep up their fire, being more selective with their fire but still miss. A krak grenade lands on the side of the basilisk and heats up the side, almost but not quite penetrating through to the vulnerable interior. The melta fires again and strips off large chunks of metal. The Giantic beast starts to turn, almost as if it knows it is mortally wounded.

The other Basilisk clearly wants to avoid the fate of its twin, it opens up again hitting hte driver of the truck through the window. The heavy slug does plenty of damage, even despite guard issue flak armour.

ooc
35 damage done to the basilisk- its almost dead

Friendly damage

Truck is taking critical damage now- it won't be safe for much longer

Larkson 8 impact damage and 1 level of fatigue
Colber- 8 damage (7 heavy bolter, 1 from autogun)

Hazzardevil
2012-10-15, 02:57 PM
I'm not wasting any more shots on you Unholy hunk of slag!

Praying to the Emperor (IE: Shouting at the top of his lungs) Gantz shoots the Chimera.
Symonne just shoots with his lasgun, though he might as well be clubbing the Basilisk for all the good he is doing.

Attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Lycan 01
2012-10-15, 04:22 PM
Commissar Larkson convulses and shrieks as the electrical cable thrashes against her, jolting her and filling her veins with lethal currents of energy.

The wire eventually whips away, leaving the Commissar to collapse limply back into her seat.

After a moment, Valeria's eyes flutter open. She opens her mouth and tries to say something, but all that comes out are a few coughs and retches. Leaning forward, she fumbles with her gun a moment, trying to aim the bolt pistol out the window and train it on the enemy officer once again. Her hands are shaking violently from the shock her system has been through; she's forced to hold the weapon with both hands, and struggles to look down the trembling gunsights. "Frakking... heretic... bastards..." she hisses as she squeezes the trigger.

Half action: Shoot

[roll0] vs 75 (BS 35 + 10 standard + 10 aim + 30 close - 10 fatigue)

LeSwordfish
2012-10-16, 03:07 AM
"Move, move, move!" Vance ordered. "Up and support!" With that he leapt to his feet, and started running as fast as he could across the grass toward the cliff edge.

DrK
2012-10-16, 03:31 AM
"move he says. Run he says." Rook glowers at the sergeant as he watches the crazy man across the open grass. "I'd like to see him run with all this stuff hanging off him. Probably break him like a damned twig."

Rapidly cranking open the amo case he and Austen slam a new belt in and crank the handle 3 times to make sure the belt is seated properly.
"On your Six sarge" he yells.

Full action with comrade support to reload the autocannon
I'll start running next turn :smallsmile:

Grailkeeper
2012-11-10, 08:30 AM
Colber sees the second basilisk bearing down on him and decides to take extreme action EVERYBODY OUT

The squad jumpout of the truck as he accelerates what's left of the vehicle directly into the enemy basilisk. There is a sickening crunch and at first it appears nothing happened. Then secondary explosions set off the ammunition in both vehicles, lifting the basilisk up and smashing it down on it's side, breaking the main gun and killing the occupants.

Behind Gantz manages to penetrate through to the fuel reserves of the first basilisk, flames srpead instantly through the vehicle immolating the crew.

Medic Tertius sees that Gants is injured and sprints to his aid. The remaining guard see what they think is re inforcements coming against them. They open fire and the medic is gunned down.

LeSwordfish
2012-11-10, 08:42 AM
"Sitrep!" Vance yelled, still sprinting forward. "Dammit, squad! What's your status?"

Lycan 01
2012-11-11, 05:57 PM
Commissar Larkson leaps from the truck, rolls, and sprawls herself prone. After the vehicles explode, she rises to a crouching position, and puts her left hand to her earpiece while her right hand levels her bolt pistol with the enemy. "Objectives neutralized, multiple casualties, 4 hostiles with autoguns and a plasma!" she barks over the comm.

Valeria takes a moment to draw a bead on the enemy officer, and fire a bolt through his heretical hide.

Half action: aim
Half action: shoot

Attack: [roll0] vs 75

"Correction!" Valeria barks with a grin. "No plasma!"

DrK
2012-11-12, 04:52 PM
As the plume of flames erupts over the sandy berm Rook is up and running as only his training Seargeant would be proud. Legs pumping and hefting the massive cannon its going to be a long run...

Unless things come over the berm I'm going to be full running for at least 5 rounds to cover the 100 odd metres.

Grailkeeper
2012-11-13, 03:18 PM
The commissar ducks beneath the flailing electrical cable and rolls out of the truck. Coming out of her roll she finishes in a perfect firing position and puts a bolt between the eyes of the enemy officer, just as she finishes her report.

"Correction!, No plasma!"

Trooper Gantz follows up with a grenade which finishes off the remaining guards.

The battle for Cabra Point was costly and inefficent, but it was successful.

Hazzardevil
2012-11-13, 03:19 PM
Gantz pulls out a frag grenade and in a panick throws a frag grenade at the two nearby soldiers.

Symonne continues to hide in cover like the coward he is.

Attack: [roll0] Does not include size or range, only BS
Damage: [roll1]

DrK
2012-11-13, 04:06 PM
As the gunfire dies down Rook races to the top of the berm he throws himself down. Autocannon at the ready before grinning wildly at the scene beneath.

"Orders Sarge? Where we off to next?" He slides down the bank towards the burning ruins casually lighting a lho stick on the burning wreckage of the basilisk.

LeSwordfish
2012-11-13, 04:39 PM
Vance cursed softly and looked around at the carnage. He'd lost good men under his command before, but the deaths of Colber, Tertius, and their comrades... nearly half the squad, dead in one minor action.

He didn't respond to Rook's request, instead hitting his comm-bead. "Command? Mission successful. Major casualties. Requesting orders."

Commissar. He thought. If you have anything nice to say, now is the time for it.

Lycan 01
2012-11-13, 05:08 PM
Commissar Larkson rises to her feet, and surveys the scene, changing out the magazine on her bolt pistol as she does so. Half the squad dead. Bad luck, or a tactical blunder? A tactical blunder she had a hand in? Perhaps not entirely. Terius and Colber's deaths were their own fault. The medic ran into an open field of fire, trying to assist a wounded comrade. The operator gave his life voluntarily to accomplish the mission. Both of them were deserving of commendation, alive or dead...

Pity most of the bodies were in the truck. Due to the explosion and intensity of the fire, they can't even recover their tags...

Valeria holsters her bolt pistol. "Into Your Hands I commend these souls, brave soldiers of the Imperium who gave their lives in service of the Throne..." she whispers quietly, bowing her head and folding her hands over her chest in the sign of the aquila.

She lowers her hands. The left one is shaking. No doubt a result of the electrocution. She clenches it into a fist and folds it behind her back, assuming a stiff posture; never let them see a weakness.

"Consolidate and regroup," she calls out, her voice slightly hoarse. "We're not out of the woods yet. Someone check Medic Tertius. Who's wounded? Sergeant, if I may have a word with you," she says with a 'come hither' gesture of her right hand, before turning to stride over towards the fallen enemy officer.

A plasma pistol is an ancient relic. Tainted or not, it cannot be left in the field. Even if she can't use it, Command would greatly appreciate the recovery of such ancient technology, if not for cleansing, then to keep it out of enemy hands...

Grailkeeper
2012-11-16, 09:58 AM
***Some time Later***
OOC
If you want to do something before this put it in a time split.

Lamp packs stab in through the dark

NIGHT

The remanants of Lt Telion's squad move in. A number of friendly faces are missing.

We came double time- when we couldn't raise you on the Vox we assumed what ever happened to first squad happened to you. Target neutralised?

LeSwordfish
2012-11-16, 01:28 PM
"Target neutralised. We lost some men and our vox-unit. I gave the order to sit tight."

"Damn, Telion, am i glad to see you. This has not been the best of days."

DrK
2012-11-16, 01:42 PM
Rook and Austen sat near the burning Basilisk. Lho sticks kit off the still red hot chassis. Glancing at the other arriving squad he staggers into a semblance of attention. His face stained from the powder burns from the exhaust chamber of the autocannon.

As the sarge talks important stuff he glances around for the other squad heavy. If he is there sidling up and nodding casually. How has it been for you. Walk in the park here.. The words spoken quietly away from the commisar.

Grailkeeper
2012-11-16, 03:02 PM
The other heavy gunner Cassius Jocasta lights a lho stick Tough enough. Still though- know what they say -if you can't take a joke, you should never have joined the guard. - Reckon it's up to Col Vassar and the lads to do their job now. Looks like them above now.

The heavy sound of C-94 engines slowly builds and the rest of the regiment starts to pass over head in their equestrels. the Lt's second- Gaisu Gulliman waves at the passing aircraft but they don't see you.

Let's hope the bastards are grateful.

Lt Telion speaks with the sgt.

I've seen better myself. We were under pretty heavy fire when we got your message- what exactly happened to first squad?

DrK
2012-11-16, 03:20 PM
I've seen better myself. We were under pretty heavy fire when we got your message- what exactly happened to first squad?

Rook looks about and leans down a bit motioning to Cassius to lean in as he feigns lighting another lho stick. "Some sort of xeno. Not sure buddy." He glances darkly at the commissar. "She didn't say much. Shot one of the boys right through head she did. A cold one. Just watch out fer xenos buddy. Keep 'em at more than hours length."

Lycan 01
2012-11-16, 11:42 PM
Commissar Larkson will retrieve the plasma pistol from the enemy officer, if it is still intact, and also retrieves the Medic's dog-tags before moving to rejoin the Sergeant and the newly arrived squad. She says nothing, and there's a rather obvious scowl on her face. It seems she's not happy with the way this turned out, though who or what that unhappiness is directed towards is unclear...

Hazzardevil
2012-11-17, 06:03 PM
Gantz climbs out of the ridge he had hidden behind, reloading his melta and shot gun, relfecting on the battle.

He hadn't done anything wrong, fired lasers into a tank and lobbed a grenade, he'd done what he could and nothing else. And he certainly wasn't on the recieving end of the Commissars Bolt Pistol, that's a plus isn't it?

Grailkeeper
2012-11-21, 02:29 PM
Right Said the LT, We have our orders- Move out.

Both squads move out in total silence- the troopers are particularly wary- watching every step to avoid breaking twigs and shotguns readied for anything that might flit through the tree line. Eventually after what was probably minutes but felt like hours you move through the trees to a road.

The signs have been taken down, clearly as a pre-invasion precaution, but it's not hard to figure out which direction Blanchardston lies. It's where the explosions are coming from. You walk in the directions of the flames and sirens.

The journey takes about 4 hours, if you still had the truck things would have been much easier. By the time you reach the town the sun has fully risen. It is very small in size by most standards- probably around 3klicks squared in size. The outskirts seem in normal enough condition if abandoned, the closer you get to the star port the heavier the destruction gets. You start to come across a number of burned out vehicles and a mounting number of bodies- both friendly and enemy. A number of blue bodies can be seen on the rooves of the buildings- skybirds whose drop went even worse than yours. You can hear the odd snap of gunfire but by and large the fighting appears over

Taken from Sweetmans "History of the Talassarian Guard (37th ed.)http://i.imgur.com/EOMEW.jpg
Entrance to the starport- note the tower was the scene of the fiercest ground resistance

Inside you see that most of the wreckage has been cleared from the landing platform. A large number of blue tarpaulins cover bodies lined up at the side. A tent has been erected and a number of weary 'birds line up for a meal served by an equally weary combat chef.

The LT stops Ok- Reload and chow down- I'm off to have a word with the Col. Vassar is clearly a presence- berating all those around him. He has yet to remove his trademark red helmet (an astartes honorific permitted to few guardsman) even though it marks him as a target for snipers. You over hear him swearing at the LT and it does not sound pleasant.

Commissar Karnarvon approaches Commissar Larkson

Did you come across any of the infested? If so please tell me you dealt with it... discretely. Otherwise this day is even more fugged than it was already

The LT returns. Col's not happy. Guess cos things took longer than expected somebody somewhere got a warning off. Ground forces were waiting. He reckons theres a counter-attack due. Making things worse- our re-inforcements haven't made it with the re-supply. Guess only Talassarians know how to fly in these storms. Second Squad- finish off that chow. Col Wants you to trawl the city. Find some enemies and find out from them what their strength is in the area, failing that find civvies who might know. I'm going to try and rustle up some replacements for our losses.

DrK
2012-11-22, 02:34 PM
Rook stands around heading over to the resupply tent and getting another fresh belt of ammo. Standing around he leans over and begins to ask "Hey Buddy, any ideas of what we are up to next?"

Are we allowed to make some requisition tests as we try and acquire some gear?

Grailkeeper
2012-11-22, 03:10 PM
The man at the resupply tent says You are off to get some intel, I am doling out ammo till they let me get some sleep or die. Whichever comes first.

The main landers haven't arrived yet- they will after this mission and then you can work on acquistions.

Lycan 01
2012-11-22, 03:39 PM
Commissar Larkson nods to Commissar Karnarvon; saluting him would only make him an even more temping target for snipers. She then scowls at his inquiry.

"The sole survivor of First Squad was infected. I put him down, but not before he began to talk about a 'daemon' attacking his squad. The men got spooked, so I explained to them it was not a daemon, but an filthy Xenos that was easy to kill. I figured it'd be better if they knew what they were fighting, rather than jumping at shadows and liable to get us all killed. I was vague, and told them nothing that would contradict the Primer. I also told them how to spot infection, in case I was slain or, Emperor-forbid, infected myself. I apologize if I overstepped my bounds, but I felt the sharing of such information on a need-to-know basis was required to ensure both the success of our mission, and to ensure no taint returned back to their ranks."

Grailkeeper
2012-11-22, 04:55 PM
If the men begin to suspect the true nature of the enemy it will be devastating to moral. Let your men know that if the truth, or anything approximating it gets out it will mean not only their death, but the deaths of everyone they talked to.

We need intel-0 join the squad as they gather it. To the best of our knowledge the civilians do not know the nature of the enemy. Whether or not enemy troops know is unknown. Find out.

Lycan 01
2012-11-22, 05:13 PM
"I will ensure the men stay silent. We suffered heavy casualties, so there are few loose ends left to tie. The remaining men appear to be devout and professional, as far as Guardsmen go. Appealing to their senses of duty and loyalty should do the trick. And if not, I will personally put the fear of the Emperor into them, and should the situation demand it, execute them all myself to ensure security.

We captured a prisoner at one point, and from what I managed to beat out of him, it seems that many of the rebels are conscripts, forced to fight against their will lest their families be harmed. Cowards. It appears they do not know what the true driving force behind the rebellion is, or at least the common grunt doesn't. And when we attempted to infiltrate the artillery positions, the soldier who hailed us seemed to be carrying out standard operating procedure. No weird hive-mind business, or attempts at such, from what we witnessed."

Hazzardevil
2012-11-22, 05:20 PM
Gatnz stands around, affectionately flicking the barrel of his melta and wiping down the inside of the barrel of his shotgun.

He then finishes off any field rations he might have half eaten that day, saying grace to the Emperor on how thankful he is that he had food to eat that day.

LeSwordfish
2012-11-23, 10:51 AM
Vance still looked shaken, but saluted neatly at the orders. "Sir."

"Alright. Everyone grab what resupply you need. We're headed into the city. Commissar, i believe you wanted a word in confidence?"

DrK
2012-11-24, 04:44 PM
Rook grins at the fellow heavies as he and Austen rise to their feet. THe massive cannon strapped to Rook's waist mirroring the heavy belts of 48mm saboted rounds draped over Austen.

"Catch you when we finish trawling" he mutters as he leaves towards the slowly assembling squad.

Heading towards the Sergeant Rook and Austen both nod towards Vance. "All set for a good days fishing Sarge."

Grailkeeper
2012-11-25, 07:27 AM
The LT rejoins the unitOk I've good news and bad news. Bad news is the Administratum sent maps for some place called Blanchardstown, not Blanchardston. You'll be exploring blind. I'm told theres a maket area and a mid sized church- otherwise it's all residential districts and the starport. Decide amoungst yourselves where you're most likely to meet some friendly or unfriendly tongues. The good news is I've been able to rustle up some support- meet the Enginseer Zaphriel. He came down over the starport. Times wasting- the more time we have to deal with any incoming the better. Move out and get trawling.

Vizzi
2012-11-25, 02:58 PM
Zaphriel cuts a sombre figure, his body hidden in dark red cloth, his Mechadendrite twisting slightly behind him "Greetings, boyos." with a simple nod, he awaits for them to move out.

Hazzardevil
2012-11-25, 03:17 PM
Enginseer! I have one question for you before we go into battle! Don't worry, it's not about trust or your skills.
It just comes down to this. He pauses for a few seconds
Is an Enginseer the same as a techpriest?

Vizzi
2012-11-25, 08:34 PM
Zaphriel turns towards the speaker his motion stills for a few seconds "No it isn't." his voice serious with an almost hidden trace of amusement.

LeSwordfish
2012-11-26, 08:40 PM
"Once we've got everything we need, head into the residential districts. The people there will be civvies, and civvies tend to like the people who kill the people who bomb their house."

Grailkeeper
2012-11-27, 04:06 PM
Very well. The Commissariat has had it's eye on this regiment ever since the death of Commissar Crowe. Don't get too lax. I have my eye on them...and you.

Move out. See if you can capture any enemy stragglers. If you do it is imperitive you bring them to me for interrogation.

DrK
2012-11-27, 04:42 PM
Rook salutes the Enginseer and then offers a welcoming hand. "Welcome to the crew Sir." before he backs off whispering to Austen. "At least someone can fix any damn trucks we come across."

As the Commisar's talk he waits patiently, before asking the Sarge. "So Sarge, we clearing house to house are we? Can we do some creative resupply while we're about it?"

Grailkeeper
2012-11-27, 04:56 PM
A passing trooper jerks his thumb over his shoulder in no direction in particular. I think I saw civvies concentrated around something called the May-Sun Devil. He looks pretty tired and wanders off before you can ask any questions

Lycan 01
2012-11-29, 09:20 AM
Commissar Larkson silently nods to her CO, before turning to stride away and rejoin her squad.

Valeria approaches her team with rigid posture, her hands clasped behind her back. "Alright boys, I've had a word with my superior, and-"

She pauses, and raises an eyebrow. "Wait, did the Cogboy just say boyos?" she asks, slightly perplexed by such casual lingo amongst a member of the Machanicus. The Commissar then gives a small shrug, and picks up where she left off. "As I was saying, I need to have a word with all of you, away from prying ears. Follow me."

She turns and strides over to a nearby alleyway, or some other relatively secluded location. Once the squad is huddled around her, she fixes them all with a stern glare, her expression serious. "Two things, troopers. One, we need to figure out how deeply the heresy here goes. Interview civilians, take prisoners, and otherwise find out the extent of this rebellion. If possible, enemy combatants are to be captured alive, and brought to my superiors for processing. The second thing..." Her mouth curls into a scowl.

"I will speak with you on-the-level. That information I shared regarding the you-know-what was highly sensitive and classified? Forget I said anything. That knowledge is strictly need-to-know, and no one else needs to know. You no longer need to know, and it would be bad if anyone else where to know it too. Do not tell your comrades, do not tell your friends, do not even tell our new little Cogboy who's name I don't even know yet," she remarks with an idle wave of a gloved hand at Zaphriel. "As soldiers of the Emperor, you have a duty to Him to not muck things up, and letting that info slip would be quite a mucking up. The sort of mucking up that would get you all executed, and me sent to a penal legion. So. Keep your traps shut, got it?" she flatly growls.

Yes, it was a bit less formal and professional than she preferred, but she needed to get the point across to these soldiers. And by being a bit more informal and "human" with them, she figured they'd be more willing to listen to her and give credit to what she had to say, rather than just writing it off as "whatever the stuffy Commissar is prattling on about."

Certainly it would be a more effective and less messy tactic than just bolting one of them as an example. Though that option wasn't off the table...

Vizzi
2012-11-29, 07:43 PM
"Zaphriel." he says quietly and calmly not at all bothered by her threats. A few seconds pass as he leans slightly forward and continues talking, with all the calm and mechanical precision of a tech-priest " Fo' Shizle they be calling me Zap." his utility mechadendrite rising slightly, opening wide whilst twisting horizontal to the ground.

He was certainly interested in the knowledge she was alluding. And really asking knowledge to be hidden whilst in the presence of a member of the Mechanicus and not expecting his curiosity to be twinged was almost as bad as expecting an Ork not to fight.

Although he knew well that the no doubt rather annoying habit of Commissars shooting people certainly necessitated a careful investigation. Although tech-priests weren't directly on their area of due diligence.

Grailkeeper
2012-11-30, 07:46 AM
The Squad is joined by Dr. Caleigh Reid and KJ "Jonesy"- other veteradn of the drop for the starport.

The Squad moves off lead by Guardsman Attiluz. The enemy have taken down the signs here too and navigating the twisting cobbled streets proves harder than finding the city. Eventually the squad realises it is lost and heads instead for the tallest building it can see- the spires of the town church.

The Squad emerges onto a small plaza in front of the demi-cathederal. In this part of town most of the buidlings are realtively unscathed. There are a few broken windows and a few damaged roofs but no major damage. The Church is modest in scale by imperial standards- although its gothic spires still easily dominate the skyline. A 5 story tall statue of St. Sanguinius stands over the doorway with his wings arching down to the ground, protecting entrants. His face is raised to the heavens with a beatific smile.

In front of the church looking the other direction stands a solitary man, no not a man. His back is severly hunched and one of his arms is misshapen. He is clad in penitents rags and carrys an autogun of the same make as the enemy. He hasn't spotted you- even though you are only 30 metres away.

LeSwordfish
2012-11-30, 10:30 AM
"Lets see how well you can do in a scrap, new guys." Vance offered. "Trooper Jones, cover us with your Las. Dr Reid, forward with me. If he looks at us funny, Jones, ice him. If he's willing to be taken alive... i'm willing to take him."

Vance raised his shotgun, and began edging toward the man.

If we're on combat time, half action ready shotgun, half action move forward. If i count as having my shotgun ready, switch that to an Aim action.

Starbin
2012-11-30, 11:29 AM
Running with the LT's unit had been fun while it lasted, even if the drop hadn't gone as expected. KJ had taken a number of minor wounds along the way, rushing into situations where he probably should have waited, but that wasn't his style. Besides, each time he had to report to the medic was an opportunity to meet the Doc. Unfortunately, after the first time, she caught on to his intentions and he found himself getting a lot of attention from her aide, Will. Afterwards, getting hurt wasn't nearly as much fun.

When the unit had moved in to support the Fighting Fifth, they found the squad had taken heavy casualties, and some of the other guys had taken to calling them the Fething Fifth. But when the LT asked for volunteers to be reassigned, he stepped up without hesitation, dragging Delveccio with him. "We're up for it, sir!" Stan stared at him, shaking his head. "Hey, dude, you got a death wish? I mean, there aren't even any chicks in their squad!"

"Yeah they do ... the Comissar! And look, LT's picking up the Doc! See, things are looking up already." Smiling at Stan, he headed over to his new unit, while Stan shot a shuddering glance at the Commisar and muttered behind, "Like I said, no chicks."

Soon, the group was on it's way to Blanchardstown or Blanchardston or something. KJ and Stan had kept to themselves for the most part, not wanting to make waves as the new guys, so the trip was pretty quiet and at times a tad uncomfortable. When they reached the town, the troop carrying the melta got them turned around. KJ started to speak up, but an elbow from Stan kept his mouth shut. Besides, he hadn't been offered a look at the maps before they departed. Lost, KJ finally pointed to the spires of a church. "Let's just head there, Sarge, and regroup." The look he got back said "Thanks for the advice, Mr. Obvious."

Unpon reaching the plaze with the church, there was a strange looking armed figure standing out the church. It was hunched and not doing anything ... just standing there. The seargeant broke the group's reverie, spurning them to action.

"Got it, Sarge." Dropping down to one knee behind cover, he raised his M36 and drew a bead on the figure.

"Stan, check the windows"

Aiming at the figure for as long as I can ... Awareness check just in case something is sneaking up on us (TN 30): [roll0]

Lycan 01
2012-11-30, 12:20 PM
Commissar Valeria gives the Techpriest a blank stare when he makes his odd remarks. How quaint.

And then two more troopers show up. She gives them both curious, scrutinizing glances. They may notice that she's actually quite attractive - minus the ever-present scowl and the whole "aura of terror and death-murder" thing she has going on.

And then they're off!

And then they're lost!

Valeria does not look amused at the fact that they're lost, but she doesn't shoot anyone out of frustration or punishment, so that's good at least. And then they arrive at the church, and see the stranger.

The Commissar eyes the figure for a moment, doing some mental calculations. A mutant in the robes of a penitent, standing in front of a church. A misshapen arm, but not an extra or clawed arm, so it is likely a "normal" mutation. She draws her bolt pistol, but allows it to rest by her side in her lower right hand, while she keeps her left hand clasped behind her back. "Sergeant, I suspect it is not hostile. Not to us, at least," she muses quietly. "It may be trying to protect the cathedral as penitence for it's existence. Still, best not to spook it. I'll try to speak with it; hold your fire until I say otherwise."

And with that, Valeria begins to cautiously approach the figure directly, carrying herself with an air of professionalism and authority, but not casting herself as immediate threat.

Once she's within speaking distance, if it hasn't already addressed or tried to shoot her, she will flash a charming smile at the creature. "Greetings. What is your purpose here?" she inquires in a curious, amicable tone.

LeSwordfish
2012-11-30, 01:35 PM
"Exactly what I was expecting Commissar. You won't mind if we keep our weapons raised, though."

Hemnon
2012-11-30, 02:20 PM
Caileigh Reid. A slight oddity amongst the Imperial Guard, being a woman and all, but also because of her very young age, being only 20 and already a skilled medical practitioner.
Her hair is is keep relatively short, as to keep it out of her eyes and making enemies unable to grab it in CQC. Her Athletic features and attractive face combined together, makes her quite pretty. Adding her profession into account would make a fair deal of the male (and maybe even a minority of the female) guardsmen would love to be treated by her.

As she sees KJ being assigned to the same squad as her, yet again, a groan and the sound of a hand slapping against a forehead could be heard. He was always so instistent on wanting her to treat anything he was afflicted with, be it a cold or just a splinter in his finger. Luckily Will was more than happy to help her on that regard.

As she approached the famous Fighting Five, she Saluted the Sargent and the Commissar as it was expected from her. ''Greetings Sir, and Maam, Medical Officer Caileigh Reid Reporting for duty.''

Later on, after getting lost and finding the Old cathedral.

Caileigh remained with her new group of Brothers in arms while the Commissar went to talk to the mutant.

''Oh by the way all of you, If ANYONE begins calling me little sister of some such nonsense, then pray to the immortal god-emperor that you never get wounded. and yes that includes you especially, KJ!'' She whispered to the others, as she took a covered position next to the rest, Shotgun raised and eyes scouting the area for anything of interest.

Starbin
2012-11-30, 02:43 PM
As the group huddled, watching the Commisar head towards the weird figure, Stan leaned forward to KJ and whispered, "Okay, I'll give you this ... the lady IS attractive. I just think the bolt pistol to my nether region might be a bit of a mood killer ...". KJ chuckled quietly, eyes still fixed on the figure.

When Reid made her comment, he felt a flush at being called out, and it was Stan's turn to chuckle. "Aw, c'mon, Doc! You've got such soft hands! Who wouldn't want you to pull a splinter out?"

KJ growled, muttering something about 'legitimate injury' before trailing off into silence. "Shhh ... Commisar's hailing the target ..."

Grailkeeper
2012-11-30, 03:06 PM
The Mutant turn around and lowers the autogun resting it at his side. The mutant has an Acquila tattoo'd on his forehead and the numerals II XV branded on his cheeks, two numerals on each cheek.

Ze Liberators. Boy am I glad to see you. I am Guarding ze cathederal in case any more of the eebie-jeebies comes by. Deacon Broderick is in charge here.

A red robed missionary marches out of the church. He wears a rosarius in the shape of the wings of Sanguinus. When he speaks his voice has the neutral tone of someone who has spent a lot of time in space. His face is scarred and he looks grizzled.

Thank you Cubbs. I am indeed in charge here. Welcome to Blaquiere.

DrK
2012-11-30, 04:07 PM
Cpl Rook looks about at the newcomers. An appraising looks at the new medic. Better than the last one eh?" Austen, still weighed down by the heavy belts of massive cannon rounds looks and smiles in agreement.

"You want us to set up Overwatch Sarge" he shouts as he bunkers down beside the new guy. "Hey. How was your jump? Ours sucked."

Lycan 01
2012-11-30, 05:08 PM
"Commissar Larkson," Valeria nods to the Missionary. "And with whom do I have the honor of speaking? Am I to assume you're in charge here?"

"Also..." She tilts her head to the side, looking over to the mutant and raising an eyebrow. "Eebie-jeebies? Sounds like an odd way to describe a rebel."

LeSwordfish
2012-11-30, 05:44 PM
"Deacon Broderick, i presume." Vance saluted.

Leaving the commissar to do the talking, he turned to his squad. "Set up a perimeter. Question anyone who comes too close. Give the uniform an airing. Act like soldiers."

"Well... like posh soldiers."

Hemnon
2012-11-30, 05:54 PM
''Stan.... Do you want me to shoot you? Wait until this mission is over, then find a nice girl to have some fun with and LEAVE ME ALONE!'' Caileigh sneered at him, her cheeks slightly flushed with embarrasment and she kinda resembles an angry kitten.

At the Sergeant's Order.

''Excuse me, Sarge, requesting permission to check on anyone sick and/or wounded amongst the civilians.'' She asked in a firm and Rank-conscious tone.

Starbin
2012-11-30, 06:32 PM
Standing up at the Sergeant's orders, KJ turned to the guy with the autocannon. "It was okay. Windy as a biatch, but what are you gonna do. Heard y'all got the worst of the storm. Sorry 'bout your mates."

Glancing around at the others as they set up a perimeter, he nodded towards the mutant. "So anyone else wonder why the guy guarding the church is facing the door with his back to the open? Seems kinda odd ..." Leaning towards Stan, who was busy watching the ladies in the squad, he nodded towards the plaza. "Hey, keep your eyes open ... just in case."

Grailkeeper
2012-12-01, 06:42 AM
Yes, I am Deacon Broderick. Cubbs is no soldier- he's more used to working the promethium refinment tanks than battle tanks.

EB-GB Commissar. Emperor Benevolent, General battalion. It's what those you've been fighting call themselves. The cult of the Emperor Benevolent has taken over most of planet. It's infiltrated most of the planets institutions at this stage and brought a great deal of change in its efforts to pull out from the control of the administratum. I've seen this kind of thing before- I suspect they may be motivated by Xenos influences.

Dr- there are more of my congregation inside who could use your assistance. The Emperor Benevolent frown on the genetically abnormal.

Lycan 01
2012-12-01, 01:49 PM
Commissar Valeria's face turns grave. She turns to stride off to the side, and gestures for the Missionary to follow, while leaving the Sergeant to care after his men without her ever-present shadow. Once they're away from prying ears, she leans against the wall of the cathedral and fixes him with a curious look. "Pray tell, Good Father, what Xenos influence do you suspect, and why? When did the Cult of the Benevolent Emperor rise up, and how well-organized are they? Anything and everything you can share with me would be appreciated. And fear not, you have permission to be frank and honest without fear of reprisal," she remarks with a wry smile, trying to put the man of the cloth at ease in case the Commissariat's reputation is an issue here.

Grailkeeper
2012-12-01, 02:38 PM
The Priest leans into the commissar. She can see thin scars that have not totally been covered up by shoddy juvenat treatments.Long before I was sent here I ministered to a Rogue Trader and saw the stars on some quest for a hydration unit. I've seen this before, entire populations twisted against the Emperor. They start by spreading lies and misinformation amoungst the population about love and harmony. Bastarding Tau. Never listen to the bluies-their words are like water.

They rose up all at once, amoungst the nobles and the PDF mainly but spread to everywhere else quick, like they were there all along. That was maybe a year ago. They've taken over most of the Continent and the main planetary institutions- they run the administratum, the PDF, everything. Claimed that the version of Imperial truth preached here was wrong and the Emperor wants us to follow the new path. Next thing you know all agricultural output is to be tripled, contraception and abortion are banned and they're kidnapping the strongest and most athletic and conscripting everyone else. Most of them have a mad far off look in their eyes. Pretty hardcore they are. Well organised and fanatical- they have access to the planets entire military capabilities. The Blaquiean Dragoons were at Damocles. Every decade or so we get veterans back- part of the churches ministrations is to deal with time-displaced vets. I'm sure the EB has infiltrated them too.

I've never had anything to do with them, the Order of Sanguinus the Martyr has always preached that those who sin in form can find repentence through deeds- like St. Sanginius himself. Thats why most of Blaquiere's twists are sanctioned and used as indentured servants in work too dangerous for the pure of form. The EB have ordered them all burned- very hardline imperial cult there, strange considering they've been radical in everything else. They even stopped paying tithes to Terra. Most of the genetically abnormal here are refugees from the promethium installation a week away from here. A few others come from further afield. Otherwise the continents twists are mostly dead by now. Only time and Geography has stopped the EB from getting to remoter outposts like blanchardston

Grailkeeper
2012-12-01, 05:45 PM
Some of the Mutants start to exit the church. They're showing signs of malnutrition and de-hydration. They come up to you but keep a respectful distance- as of they cant beleive they have finally been liberated.

In the distance you hear auto gun fire and the crowd ducks instinctively and starts to move back into the church. It is met by the distinctive bark of a Talassarian drop-autocannon and the noise of gunfire stops abruptly.

They move up to the soldiers again, they look like they could do with something to eat. Some of them hug you- you may find it hard to overcome the revulsion of being embraced by an abomination.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-01, 05:59 PM
"Cover!" Vance barked. "Where's that coming from? Cover and firing positions."

He turned back to the priest. "Get the civilians inside."

Grailkeeper
2012-12-01, 06:04 PM
Judging by the sound sgt probably from near the Maison De Ville. I think there was a reception committee awaiting the liberators there. I hope no-one was hurt. It sounds like the Eebie-Jeebie came off the worse of it or else we would have heard replying fire to that big gun.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-01, 06:10 PM
"Be that as it may, the streets won't be safe for a while. Dr Reed, help the deacon get his flock inside, then give them any medical help they need. Commissar..." Vance leaned in close to Larkson. "Perhaps joining Dr Reid would give you a chance to check that their mutations are not of the sort we're trying to avoid."

Grailkeeper
2012-12-01, 06:21 PM
Deacon Broderick raises his voice to his usual levels of oratory You heard the Sergeant. Back Inside- Its not safe here.

The crowd shuffles back inside. Looking inside you can see that the refugees have a small encampment lined up at either side of the church with bedding laid on the floor . Some have erected plastic sheeting between their beds at an almost futile attempt at privacy.

Hemnon
2012-12-01, 06:30 PM
Being hugged a mutant was not on Caileigh's list of 'things i must experience before i die', and having an extra biased opinion about them didn't help either.

But she was a Medic and as such she swallowed her disgust and went asking how they where doing and handed out some ration-bars to those that showed the more worse levels of malnutrition.

Seeing that she was in serious need of assistance, she hailed the others in her squad.
''Everyone! Hand out some of your ration-bars to Will here so he can distribute them amongst these... people.'' Her voice is loud enough to reach every squad member and points at her Comrade Will.

She then began herding the flock of muties back into the Cathedral and when inside, she began checking up on them one at the time.

Grailkeeper
2012-12-01, 06:40 PM
Caleigh
Most of the mutants display very similar mutations to Cubbs, although some also have overly large eyes- even someone without medicae training can tell this is probably a genetic quirk local to blaquiere. One however is different, he has a third arm ending in a claw. He also does not have the sanctioning numerals branded into his cheeks, and his aquila tattoo is more sloppy than those of the others, He doesn't act different from anyone else however and accepts a ration bar.

Hemnon
2012-12-01, 07:09 PM
Caileigh left the rest up to Will and headed off in the direction of the Sergeant and the Commissar.

''Sir, Ma'am, I need to talk to the both of you. It might be rather important.'' she said, Seriousness plain on her face.
Caileigh then went on:
''This is just a suspicion, but it looks like one of the mutants doesn't really fit in here. He's got mutations that deviates from the more common ones. for example, He's got an extra arm that ends in what looks like a claw, He doesn't have a sanctioning brand and his Aquila tattoo looks rather crude and sloppy.'' He tone remains hushed and factworthy all throughout the explanation.

Lycan 01
2012-12-01, 08:06 PM
Commissar Larkson listens patiently to the priest, holding her tongue and keeping a neutral, slightly-intrigued expression.

When the gunfire echoes in the distance, she snaps to attention.

And when the medic informs her of her discovery, Valeria's expression grows grave for a moment. "I need you to point him out to me. Subtly. We'll pretend to be looking over the mutants, and checking their condition for combat as militia. We need to capture him alive, and spooking him could... cause issues," she scowls. "Lead the way."

Hive-mind nastiness. Spook the hybrid, and the whole place could be crawling in 'Nids before too long. Get in close, knock the bastard out... That's the way to do it.

DrK
2012-12-02, 01:49 AM
At the sound of heavy gunfire Rook and Austen went to ground. Both crawling across the road and setting up behind an old and damaged looking ground car. trawling he shouts as he begins to scan for any targets.

Even as he scans Austen leans in, glancing back at the mutants being herded hack inside the church. frakking mutants. Hope the Ice Queen is herding back inside before we burn all them dammed mutants

Rook glances round, surprised to see the Commissar and Sgt helping a load of indigenous heretics and mutants.

Hazzardevil
2012-12-02, 04:26 AM
Gantz watches the mutants as they come out of the church, handing some his ration bars and edging away from the mutants, unsure how to treat them.

When Gantz hears the gun shots he attempts to find them, but fails, having not isolated the sounds of the gunshots from echoes and other noises such as people screaming.

Hemnon
2012-12-02, 05:52 AM
Caileigh points out the specific mutant, in a manner that would be unnoticed.

''Him... the one with the additional abominal claw-arm.'' she softly said so not to cause an echo that might be overheard.

Lycan 01
2012-12-02, 12:30 PM
Valeria holsters her bolt pistol, and enters the cathedral. She makes the sign of the Aquila, and then wades into the throng of mutants. As she walks amongst them, she hands out ration bars to the weaker or wounded looking ones, and gives nods to respect and small smiles to some of them. Corrupted in flesh, and yet they still desired to serve the Emperor. The sad truth was that some of these twisted souls had more devotion and discipline than quite a few Guardsmen she'd seen since leaving the Schola. Come to think of it, she could think of several idiots back in the Schola who would have been hard pressed to brand their flesh and live such a wretched existence, be it for atonement or not...

"Can you fight?" she asks the occasional mutant, before grinning in satisfaction. "You look like you can fight." She then moves on amongst the crowd, continuing to offer food, acknowledgement, and questions regarding fighting ability. Maybe she's just curious, or maybe she's looking for warm bodies to fill the ranks. Let them make their own conclusions. "Yes, you can certainly hold a rifle. What is it that? Oh, you can still serve with that. You look rather capable! And... big. Very big. And you, too! So many brave souls, willing to serve! The Emperor is most pleased, I am sure..."

She slowly makes her way closer to the incognito Genestealer hybrid. She doesn't make eye contact, though she does glance in his direction a few times so it doesn't seem like she's avoiding him. As she draws closer, she takes an interest in the mutant next to him. "And what about you? You seem-"

Without warning, Valeria grips the hilt of her chainsword, and slings it up from her holster, slamming the pommel of the unrevved blade into the monster's chin, knocking the everloving crap out of the create and hopefully leaving it unconscious. "GOTCHA!!" she roars, eyes burning with zealous enthusiasm. "DO NOT HARM IT, I WANT IT ALIVE!!" she snarls to the nearby mutants, in case they try to jump in and help in order to earn favor from her and/or the Emperor.

All-Out Melee Attack: [roll0] vs WS 30 + 10 (hatred) + 30 (unaware) + 30 (all-out) = 100

LeSwordfish
2012-12-02, 12:41 PM
"Everyone stay calm, stay sat down." Vance orders, his shotgun raised. "Imperial business. You don't want to get in the way of this."

[roll0] vs Command 37 (fel 27+10), hoping to prevent anyone from stepping in.

Grailkeeper
2012-12-02, 12:57 PM
The creature gets knocked back and falls to the ground- knocked out cold. There is a collective intake of breath and the mutants fall back away from the guardsmen.

The priest speaks.
These people are under my sanctuary but if he represents a threat to the Imperium then he cannot stay. I will not intercede in Imperial business but perhaps it is best you leave.

Cubbs approaches the sgt. He came from further north zhan any off us. From ze capitol he said, thats vhy ve though vas different. I would like to help the Imperium, take me with you- no one knows the area like me, I work just north in the 'methium depot.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-02, 01:30 PM
"We're looking to help you, Deacon. I certainly hope you won't ask us to leave over this."

Vance paused, wondering how much to tell the Priest.

"Just trust us. Dr Reid, keep working."

He turned to the young man offering his help. "You know the area, yes? We might have use for you when we move out."

Lycan 01
2012-12-02, 01:35 PM
"It is an agent of the Enemy, planted here to spy on you and your followers," Commissar Larkson hisses to the priest through grit teeth as she slaps her manacles on the mutant, locking his clawed third arm to one of his normal arms so that he cannot attack. "But worry not, my business here is concluded, Father. You will have no further trouble from us, and hopefully much less trouble from the rebels. Now... Someone give me a rag, I need to blindfold him," she growls to no one in particular, expecting somebody to be useful. If he wakes up on the way back to Imperial holdings, he could give the Hive Mind a perfect look into whatever the Guard is doing. And that would be... bad.

Once she has something to blindfold the hybrid with, she looks up at Cubbs with a scrutinizing gaze. "You are awfully willing to be helpful," she observes, narrowing her eyes at the mutant. No marks of Xenos taint, genuine mutations and branding, story checks out... Sounds legit. After a moment though, she cracks a smirk. "There is no substitute for zeal. Very well, a guide would prove most useful. But first, we need to get this bastard back for interrogation and processing," she mutters, giving an idle kick to the hybrid's gut for good measure. She then looks back at the rest of the squad, and flashes a crooked grin. "So who wants to make the Commissar happy and carry this frakker for me?"

Hemnon
2012-12-03, 09:07 AM
Having been to one to point out the traitor mutant, Caileigh supplied the Commissar with a bandage that could be used as blindfold and aided said Commissar in dragging the foul thing away.

Starbin
2012-12-03, 11:37 AM
KJ watched with eyes wide as the unit found themselves not only aiding these thrice-damned mutants, but giving them their rations! He actively avoided any hugs, staying away from the mutants. Maybe the Fifthers were a different sort, but the Seabirds he was used to didn't hold truck with these unpure sons of biatches - hell, it was a part of their training! He shared a look with Stan, who simply shrugged and held a finger to his lips.

Nodding, he remained on watch when the gunfire began. However, the silence that followed the barking of a Talassarian auto-gun was reassuring at least, and KJ relaxed a bit. Relaxed, that is, until the Commissar came out with a blind-folded mutant and that first one, Cubbs was it?, seemingly ready to follow the 'man.'

"Get your eyes off the Commissar's arse and keep it on that mutie, Stan. This stinks like three-day-old ork sh&t. I got a bad feeling about all this ..."
Let's see, equipment requests beside Operator starting kit ... hmmm, anything else w/in the Las class that would be of value? Say a long-las, or some other auto-fire weapon?

Grailkeeper
2012-12-03, 02:16 PM
The squad retrace their steps to the starport. As you move the sky gradually fills with the droning of transport aircraft and the first of the troop transports start to land. A Spacecraft enters the atmosphere. Electricity arcs and wreaths the ship in energy before earthing itself harmlessly on the hull. The water in the upper atmosphere flocculates and lands as a brief but intense burst of rain. Normally dumping this amount of energy and material into an eco system will bring about huge disruption and start localised storms miring battlefields and disrupting campaigns. Here the opposite is the effect, the storm season is brought to a premature end.

Ships of that size are not designed to work in gravity and you can hear the ships hull groaning for miles around under the strain. Three large landers seperate off and the ship quickly re-enters space, relieved to be free of its burden. Smaller landers come to and from these landers- bringing heavier wargear such as tanks to the theatre. Some of the tanks go past you in a column the closer you get to the 'port- you can make out names like Lucky Strike, Snake-eyes and Seven Belles painted on the turrets with pictograms to match.

You make it to the 'port. Commissar Karnarvon stands before two bodies strung up on a street light. You recognise one as Cassius Jocasta squad 3's autogunner but do not recognise the other. They have Commissarial Clackerboards draped aroung their neck- one saying "I spread lies about the enemy" the other saying "Those found lowering morale will be executed". The Commissar gives you a meaningful look but nothing is said as the prisoner is handed over.

You walk in and move to your designated sleeping area. You can feel almost everyone there eyeballing the mutant, and a few even spit when he passes. The LT comes up but doesn't see him. Reports are in, there's an enemy armoured column to the north- we were expecting a counter attack to come from them. For some reason they've decided not to attack our beach head. Who knows how heretics think.

END OF DAY ONE

Grailkeeper
2012-12-03, 02:21 PM
Drop + 3 days

As an airborne regiment and in honour of their part in its capture, the Seabirds are stationed at the HQ at the starport. The other regiments are stationed in the surrounding civilian quarters.

Despite the constant military hustle and bustle the 'Port is relatively calm. A number of the 'Birds are getting tattoos with jump stars to recognise their successful landing. 'Birds on their first landing get the regimental sea eagle.

The logistics tent has been set up to the rear of the base and it is almost your squad's turn to go in and beg for supplies.

To your left a couple of Pardians and a Dragoon sit around a burning oil drum gossiping playing a game of dice. The Pardian is losing amiably.

Hemnon
2012-12-03, 02:39 PM
Dice games.... No matter where you go they are there as well, Caileigh thought to herself as she stood there in line.
Her concentration and good eyes was largely on that game, knowing a little about this, though not that much again since she was only quite recently granted trooper status within the Imperial Guard and this only being her 2nd drop.

people always cheat in those gambling games, she knew that, which was one of the reasons she never gambled.

''Did everyone sleep well? No nightmares or unwellcome memories or thoughts?'' She asked, appearing more caring for her new squadmates than what she had let on earlier when they all first met. ''If any of you have spiritual problems, then I recommend you go to the regimental cleric. If it's dreams or anything like it then rememeber the Primer and site those litanies each morning and night. And if that still doesn't steel your minds then you are wellcome to talk to me about it.'' She offered them all, even Stan and KJ. Her expression DID however tell that she was worried for her squadmates, though as to why she was that worried, ther was no indications what so ever.

DrK
2012-12-03, 04:10 PM
3 days ago...

As the mutants shout and thank the squad for their food Austen and Rook stick to the perimeter making sure to not give up any of their starch rations to filthy muties.

seeing the new guy's expression he nods casually. "Strange day eh KJ. Bad juju to be feeding the muties. Close the door and grab the fire bombs eh..." His eye's narrow as he watches the commissar come out with the mutant in shackles and chains. Falling in he looks at Cuff with a pinched expression. "Austen. Remind me to take what he says with a whole ocean of salt eh?"

As the return to the space port he looks up at the fat bellied transports lurching in the atmosphere glad to be off that and least far from the dammed warp and the void. THe bustling port bodes well for the war as supplies and logistics are landed. He jumps out the way as the Leman Russ's roll past and then stops in shock as he sees the bodies hanging from the posts. He glares hard at the Commissar - frakking vultures hanging good buddies - before walking past without a second look. No point attracting unwanted attention from that sort.

Present

Leaving the supply tent he shakes his head mutely to Austen. No camo gear and no targeters. Damned ratlings had filched them all. Dirty mutant thieves - no matter what the regs said.
Ambling over to the game he leans close offering a lho stick. "Smoke? You boys heard about the counterattack that was massing eh? Got that jump jump feeling coming soon..."

Starbin
2012-12-03, 04:23 PM
KJ sat leaned up against the wall, drinking his kaf, quietly joking with Stan about one of the ladies in another squad. When the Doc came over to check up on them, she even included Stan and KJ. Stan opened his mouth to say something, but KJ kicked his shin and stood quickly, replying, "Thanks, Doc. Appreciate it."

After she moved on, he stared after her for a moment, sipping thoughtfully on is kaf. Stan, grinning like a moron, nudged him, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. KJ shook his head, rolling his eyes. "Nah, it's not like that. Sure, she's cute, but you can see she don't like me or you that way. No, I'm just wondering what that whole 'bad dreams' thing was all about ... I mean, when has the Guard ever gave a crap about your dreams? I thought those were the only things left to call our own. Now I got the Doc telling me to see a priest if I feel like the bogieman's slipping into my brain at night.

Just doesn't add up, Stan. Just doesn't add up."

Finishing his kaf, KJ grabbed his gear and headed for the exit. "Wanna get some gear? Got told by the Sarge that since they lost their radioman that I'm next on the list."

Heading towards the loggie tent. So Operator's Starting Kit is free, long-las's will come later, not sure we need another melta (although there is an upgrade to comrade that allows for him to hold my weapon!) ... any recommendations for the Weapon Specialist / Operator?

Grailkeeper
2012-12-04, 12:36 PM
Eventually the squad makes it to the top of the queue and meets the faceless administratum drudge handing out gear.

Here's your lot, What do you mean carapace? The requsition clearly states canapés armour- thats why you got those dress uniforms. Where are your ogryns anyway- forget it I don't care. Put in a requisition appeal and your gear will be sent to you in 2-3 working decades. NEXT!

You shuffle out dejected.

Hemnon
2012-12-04, 01:44 PM
Seeing the ogryn uniforms almost made Caileigh burst out laughing from a random thought passing through her brain.

''heh..... well Stan and KJ, it seems like you finally got some uniforms fitting for your egos.'' she said laughing as they exited the queue with their gear and random barrel of promethium and giant uniforms.

After finishing laughing, she began to prepare her new gear, Field suture kit packed ready, her syringes both filled with drugs. one stimm, another De-tox.

Not really knowing what to do with the demo-charge, she asked out loud to the squad: ''Does ANYONE know how this would be useful in my hands? i quess i could suicide myself with it or something, but according to Guard regulations, such action is punished by execution at the end of a commissar boltgun barrel. Does any of you want it? it kinda freaks me out. and what's with the micro-bead??, oh well a spare bead is alright.'' She finished with a sigh. while carefully holding the explosive demo-charge like it was a creepy mutated bug that she was about to throw as far away as she could.

Lycan 01
2012-12-04, 03:24 PM
During Down Time

Commissar Larkson saunters off to find some Mechanicus members in charge of weapon acquisition and maintenance. She decides that turning the plasma pistol in to them would be the most wise thing to do with it, as such a relic would be better off in the mechanicus archives or in the hand of a hero, rather than being ingloriously stuffed in her kit bag.

When she finds the cogboys she's looking for, she turns in the weapon and ammo, and prattles off about duty to the Emperor and the need to make sure such weapons and gear are properly taken care of, and find their way into the hands of heroes who properly need them. She offhandedly remarks on how heroic guardsmen often find themselves carrying weapons better suited to purging the enemies of the Imperium by the Omnissiah's Grace, or how officers and Commissars find themselves blessed with better armor - such as a nice set of Light Carapace - in order to better serve the Emperor by keeping themselves alive longer to lead their men to more victories.

Manipulative? Maybe just a tiny bit. But it's not like she's purposefully bartering or gaming the system, or demanding better gear or else. She's just making observations that hopefully the cogboys will take to heart...

Obtaining Light Carapace Armor - [roll0] vs 50

Naturally, one should never expect a cogboy to pick up on subtly......

---
The Present

Commissar Valeria Larkson is not in a good mood. And if there's anything scarier to a Guardsman than a Commissar, it's a pissed off Commissar. Dress uniforms for an Ogryn?! She silently swore to herself that if any Guardsman made a crack about her weight, she would blow his frakking face off faster than you could say "Ave Imperator!" And what was she going to do with a demo charge?! She was a political officer, not a stormtrooper doing spec ops! She didn't even want to think about all that promethium going to waste. 200 gallons of promethium for their unit. They're not even a mechanized unit! Somebody should be shot over that. In fact, if she ever found the Administratum clerk in charge of that snafu, she'd personally bolt the bastard or bitch.

Several times.

With glee.

With an annoyed growl, she adjusts her hat and sash before stepping out of her berth and slinking off to find the rest of her squad. Hopefully they haven't gotten themselves into too much trouble. Then again, she could use something to vent her frustration on...

DrK
2012-12-04, 03:46 PM
Cpl Rook potters about looking about the large bag of tricks that the Sarge had prepared. Demo charges, stimms.... don't look good." he mutters to Austen. Tanks, armoured assault or something like that?"

Austen pauses for a second, face covered in lather as he keeps himself clean shaven and in his own words "beautiful". "Tanks. Better not be. I ain't not going to be tank tread spread..." the words cut off as they notice the Commissar storming about. Neither wanting to say anything out loud near her. The image of Cassius's corpse still fresh in his mind.

At least we got some nice fabric to trade now buddy. Got to find some one who wants some of this crud." Speaking of that... he looks up and leaves the hooch to find the medic. Pausing for a second to admire the view he grins and tosses the detox to the her. "Don't say we don't treat you nice".

Hemnon
2012-12-04, 04:21 PM
''(mock-laughing)haha... says the stimm junkie.'' she retorted with a wink before she safely packed the de-tox she was given, away safely.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-05, 07:44 AM
Vance flicked through the medical supplies he'd been given, then passed them off to the Doctor. "Lets see if we can't pawn this crap off onto somebody, then get ready to go."

Starbin
2012-12-05, 08:19 AM
KJ received his issue and started going over the equipment thoroughly. Stan just shook his head. "This is why I hate filling out req forms ... it doesn't seem to matter." The doc's comment caught Stan off-guard for a moment, who started to say something about finally fitting the size of her a$$, but KJ nudged him and instead he just grinned.

While KJ was engrossed in checking out his new issue, Stan walked over to give the medic the extra med supplies. Of course, Will intercepted him, smiling knowingly. Stan shrugged and tossed them his way. "See ya later, Will ... say hi to the doc for us." As he walked off, he muttered to himself, "He's probably bangin' her ..."

KJ gathered his stuff and readied himself for departure. "Hey, Stan, I don't know what you asked for, but look at this stuff! Vox, auspex, tool ... just like I asked for!"Stan just mumbled to himself and stared off into the distance. When the Commissar came back, he simply kept to himself. Let the Sarge deal with her.

Grailkeeper
2012-12-05, 12:33 PM
The Lt burst in Save your tears and grab your gear- we're going in hot. Chute's on the plane- no time to talk- briefing on route to the LZ. You can see the situation is urgent- most of the regiment is moving at speed.

You start to sprint towards the pad. The C-94 has already taken off and is hovering over the pad, it moves off at speed when the last of you makes it in.

We were wondering why the enemy weren't counter attacking. Turns out they were diverting their attention west- to a large Promethium facility which services intercontinental stratoships. They leak the prom' from that it'll block off the entire peninsula and stagnate out advance. If they get her' lit it'll block render the entire area impassible, even from the air. The facility is too far away to get to by land- We're the only ones who can get there in time. Looks like we're going in alone, and we're going in hot.Intel is this is a different reg to the conscripts we've met so far.

Our platoon is designated to capture and hold the overflow safety centre. This is on account of how we have a guide and a cogboy. Mutie- if it was up to me I'd make you do the drop without a chute. As it is the buckles go over your shoulder and waist, hit the activator rune to deploy. If that doesn't work you have approximately ten seconds to learn how to fly.

Grailkeeper
2012-12-05, 12:37 PM
The regiment covers the distance by air rapidly. Soon you can make out the facility- several hundred stories tall and supported by struts from the ground. Surrounding it you can make out an armoured regiment and the sky is black with pom-pom bursts from hydras. You can see one C94 hit and burning all the way down, possibly 8th platoons. Your equestral rocks under several near misses.

Just before you get over your designated drop zone a Hunter Killer missle streaks up and hits the left wint propellor. The C-94 starts to spiral around and around and warning sirens sound deafeningly.

SHE'S GOING DOWN EVERYBODY BAIL OUT!

DrK
2012-12-05, 04:05 PM
Sitting on the C94 Rook and Austen do the traditional good luck "headbutt" before sitting down. Rook double checking the autocannon as Austen checks the looped belts of heavy ammo and the demo charges.

The vibrating and shaking as the massive AA batteries kick in leaves both looking slightly wide eyed. The flames exploding nearby as 8th platoon buys it leaves Rook pale and shaky as he sweats profusely.

The impact shakes him off the reinforced couch as the strap snaps and his face slams into the corrugated steel flooring as the C94 throws into a flat spin. THe screaming "OUT OUT OUT" from the load master is all the urging he needs as he rolls sideways across the floor to drop out of the wide door - thrown free and spinning as he struggles with both cannon and grav chute.

He quickly gets into his balanced drop shape plunging towards the massive copper coloured metallic spire. Flaring at the last second he drops into the centre of platform... gun spinning up as he searches for targets. "On the corners" he shouts as he hears the comforting thud of his loader landing behind him.

I feel sad that it looks the guards have beat us on initiative

Hemnon
2012-12-05, 05:14 PM
The shockwave that vibrated through the C-94 as the HK missile hit it almost caused Caileigh to fall to the floor.

They where hit and the shouting of orders was paniced and unclear, but she knew what to do. She quickly safety checked her chute as she hurried towards the exit, adrenaline pumping through her body.

Out she went and then she fell towards the ground. The chute kicked in right on the money, but something must have been damaged inside it when the C-94 got hit. As she decended down towards the ground, the grav-chute started acting up, flickering on and off, making her landing unstable and she would have broken a foot had she not ejected from the malfunctioning chute with a lucky roll as she hit the ground. Caileigh was unharmed, not even a bruise from the hazardous landing she'd made. She quickly swung up her new autogun, ready to fire as the enemy.

Suppressing Fire:

All Enemies in the 45 Degree killzone (whatever is directly infront of her in a 45 degree angle) Must make a Hard (-20) Pinning Test.

BS 30+5(Comrade)-20(Suppressing Fire)+/-N(Whatever distance there is)= 15-ish vs. [87]

Damage: [8]
GM chooses which enemy, within the killzone, that get's damaged if I hit anything

Lycan 01
2012-12-05, 06:13 PM
Well frak.

Commissar Larkson had been sitting in her seat near the jump-doors, arms folded across her chest and the brim of her peaked cap pulled down to just over her eyes, giving herself a much more stern appearance. The annoyed scowl on her face probably helped a lot, too, but that was easy to pull off since she was genuinely in a bad mood.

And that bad mood just got a whole lot worse.

"OUT!!" she barks, rising to her feet and gripping the webbing overhead to hold herself steady. "One at a time, don't trip, don't dawdle, orderly and quick! Move move move!" She looks out one of the viewports - the ground is getting much too close for comfort.

Only once the majority of the squad does Valeria herself step into line, and quickly hurl herself from the plummeting aircraft.

Her left hand holds her hat firmly in place, while her right hand hovers over the operating rune. Her greatcoating fluttering wildly, she works to even herself out so that she's falling horizontally, face-down and looking at the world below. If she opens her chute too soon, she'll be a prime target for enemy marksmen. So she waits... and waits... and waits...

Valeria opens her chute just high enough from the ground to slow her fall just before impact. And just before hitting the ground, she unbuckles her harness and falls free.

There is a resounding clang as Valeria hits the metal floor, and she throws herself forward to roll with the impact. As she completes her roll, she rises to a kneel and draws both her weapons in one swift motion. Her left hand holds her chainsword aloft, and her thumb quickly presses the ignition button - the engine hums to life, and the tooth-bladed chain begins to gently coast at a neutral pace. Her right hand draws her bolt pistol, flicks off the safety, and levels it with the nearest enemy soldier.

"FOR THE EMPEROR!!" she cries, pulling the trigger and beginning the assault.

Draw weapons - Free Action
Aim - Half Action
Shoot nearest enemy trooper - [roll0] vs 70 (BS 40 + 10 standard attack + 10 aim + 10 close)

Starbin
2012-12-05, 06:54 PM
Riding in the C94, KJ checked over Stan's gear as the ladies man checked over his. Nodding thanks, he leaned back, closing his eyes as the transport rocket through the sky. He could hear explosions, feel the shockwaves buffeting the airship, but it wasn't until he heard Stan's "Aw crap!" that he opened his eyes. Glancing out the side, he saw the fireball that was one of their sister transports. Touching the insignia on his hat, he murmured, "Strong winds, fair seas" as it disappated behind them.

The next explosion rocked the rear cabin, and he was on his feet when the call to bail out came. As always, KJ lead the charge to the door, shouting "Faith in the Empero!r" as he dove head first out the side. Stan rolled his eyes, following his buddy.

In the air, KJ tucked his body to pick up speed and confuse enemy fires, then threw out his hands and legs at the last minute to stablize his body prior to pulling the ripcord. With a jerk, he the chute opened, as he shouted, "OPENING SHOCK!", his eyes already counting the targets on the roof. As his feet made contact, he popped his harness, dropped to a knee, raised the M36 at the man with the autogun and started firing.

Semi-Auto fire at the autogun (BS 43 + Rng (10) + Semi-auto (10) = TN 63): [roll0]
Damage - #1: [roll1] = 5E, 0 Pen, Arm?
#2: [roll2] = 9E, 0 Pen, Arm?
#3: [roll3]
Accuracy: [roll4] (not applicable, since I didn't aim)
Lasgun barrage provides 1 additional DoS

LeSwordfish
2012-12-06, 09:54 AM
Vance waited until the thunder in his ears and the twisting in his eyes was too much to bear, waited until he was as sure as he could be that the squad was gone, and then leapt into the wind, the Valkyrie tearing itself apart behind him.

A hundred combat drops worth of experience kicked in, and he quickly oriented himself and hit the activation rune. The height he'd jumped from, the chute would be nearly useless, but perhaps...

He hit the ground with a grinding crunch and growled in pain. Probable leg injury. No time for that. Shake off the chute, before the wind pulls you overboard.

"Up and into them!" he roared. "The emperor doesn't tolerate hesitation!"

His shotgun roared along with him.

I'm not sure of the geography of the situation. Half action to either Aim, Ready, or Move to within Point Blank range, half action shoot with shotgun.

Vizzi
2012-12-06, 01:56 PM
As the transport was hit Zapherial only felt a mild sense of apprehension and anger. But it quickly was overtaken by a machine like sense of calm. His body moved automatically to check that his chute was in proper working order and all his equipment was secured and ready for usage.

With a precious few moments passed he approached the howling wind that buffeted the door. And with no hesitation he jumped, a smile on his lips and freedom at his back. Aligning his body to maximize wind resistance as to enhance the effect of the chute he waited until the optimal moment before activating the rune whilst whispering a slight prayer to the Machine Spirit.

As his body executed an almost picture perfect landing at the copper coloured platform his eyes categorized and measured the foes before him. As his feet touched the platform, his hands went automatically to his new autogun and with steady aim he prepared to shot some crackers.

Ready Autogun.

Standard Attack 50 vs [roll0] against whoever shots against me or nearest enemy.
Damage - [roll1]

DrK
2012-12-06, 03:42 PM
Even as Rook landed he spun up into a firing stance. MAssive autocannon almost reaching out and touching the nearest guard on the corner as the amsec bottle sized rounds slammed into the heretic's left leg, right leg and stomach with explosive tank destroying force...

27 to the left leg, 22 to the right leg, 23 to the body PEN6

Grailkeeper
2012-12-07, 03:32 PM
The big bird goes down and not everyone makes it. The flames catch hold of Cpl Symonns grav chute burning through the straps. You make out two dots seperating from each other as she falls through the sky.

The snipers below react in double time from aiming at troops on the gantries to aiming at the toops coming down on their heads. Two shots hit Cpl Attilus in the gap in his armour moving up and destroying his internal organs. His corpse is born down in eerie silence by the grav chute and lands quitely in the middle of the platform. The white chute settles over him covering the body from view.

The third shot flies up and hits Zaphriel in the body but has difficulty passing through his armour and does little damage

KJ is the first on the ground, no doubt weight down by the radio- he opens fire on the autogunner. His aim must have been jarred by the drop - a number of shots spang off the metal of the doorway and kick up sparks but none hit the autogunner. In exchange the autogunner opens up and hits KJ the slug bouncing off his upper chest.

Cubbs hits the ground with an audible crack. You can see that he has broken at least one leg. He joins in the fire on the autogunner. What his shooting lacks in accuracy he more than makes up for in enthusiasm.

Zaphriel lands but the machine spirit of the enemy weapon betrays him, and his gun jams up before he can damage any opponent. He remembers the canticle of unjamming taught to him by his masters of the mechanicus

Commissar Larkson lands, she rolls into a kneeling position and opens fire on the nearest enemy
"FOR THE EMPEROR!!
The bolt smashes into his chest and explodes. You can only make out a brief moment of panic on the snipers face as he is pitched over the edge of the platform out to oblivion.

Roubote Rook fires, the gun unleashes a destructive power worth of his Primarch name sake- the sniper on the bottom right is shredded below the waste and bleeds out over the platform.

Sgt Petrel Vance shows his squad mates how things are done in the Guard. His shot smashes into autogunner opening up wounds all over his chest.

Dr Reid is the last to enter the fray her shots spraying wide over the autogunner and the sniper on the north west corner of the platform. They both dive to avoid the shots, but long after a normal soldier would have thought about saving his own skin.

OOC
Kicked Hazzard devil,any of you can loot him

Zaphriel takes 1 damage, KJ takes 5

DrK
2012-12-07, 04:31 PM
Still crouched in the centre of the platform Rook traverses towards the guard standing on the NE corner - pausing for a second to level the massive cannon at his chest before depresing the trigger, Austen laying down a hail of shotgun fire at the exposed guard as well.

"Got NE fish. Reeling him in"...

THe words punctuated by 2 foot long pillars of flame.

Aim and semi-auto guy in the top left (NE corner)
- Shooting [roll0] TN 55+5+10+10= 80
-Dmage [roll1] PEN6
-Dmage [roll2] PEN6
-Dmage [roll3] PEN6
-- RF as neccessary [roll4]

Lycan 01
2012-12-07, 06:03 PM
Commissar Larkson takes aim at the exposed sniper to the Northeast, whom Rook seems to be incapable of hitting. With a scowl she squeezes the trigger of her bolt pistol twice; two echoing reports thunder into the night.

Half action: Semi-Auto attack - [roll0] vs 60 (BS 40 +10 close +10 aim)

Damage:
[roll1] or [roll2] Pen 4
[roll3] or [roll4] Pen 4

Righteous Fury: [roll5] vs 60
Damage: [roll6][roll7]

Edit: He's dead. :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2012-12-07, 06:27 PM
Grunting at the shot to his chest, KJ dropped to a knee and took careful aim at the autogunner.

Aim, Short Rng, Single shot, TN73: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] = 11E / 0 Pen / Body

Hemnon
2012-12-07, 07:47 PM
Hearing the cries of her squadmates being wounded stirs up bad memories, but Caileigh quickly shoves them aside, concentrating on the now instead of the past. Her feet carries her towards KJ, her eyes searching for any kind of cover near him.

''We need to find cover!'' she yells out so all can hear it.

Combat Stuff:

Spends 1 half action to move as close to KJ as possible, cover would be preferable. Maintains cohesion to move comrade along with her.
Comrade Order: Half Action, Ranged Volley.

Spends 1 half action to shoot at nearest living enemy.
BS 30+10(single shot)+5(comrade)+10?(Short range?)=55 vs. [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

LeSwordfish
2012-12-08, 06:35 AM
Vance barely even moved from his landing position, spinning, shotgun outstretched, to shoot another blast at the remaining soldier. Lewis scrabbled himself up from the falling position and fired off a pair of blasts as well.

[roll0] to hit, vs the same as last time, plus ten for half action aim, plus five for comrade?[roll1][roll2] damage

"Do you see any cover?" Vance roared. "Kill them all, then move into the refinery."

Vizzi
2012-12-08, 02:39 PM
With a slightly pained grunt at the shot Zap quickly works on gun and quickly puts it to working order, the pain only enhancing his work, and his anger only increasing at the callous disregard upon a proper member of the Mechanicus. He aims quickly towards the nearest enemy and unleashes a single deadly shot.

Aim- Half Action

Standard Attack 60 vs [roll0] nearest enemy.
Damage - [roll1]

Grailkeeper
2012-12-09, 09:35 AM
The sniper in the north east corner takes aim at the most pressing target. His shot slams home in Rooks chest, sending rooks responce sailing far and wide out into the sky.

[roll0] v 65
damage
[roll1]
Aim bonuses if applicable [roll2] [roll3]

Rook takes 3 damage

In responce the commissar darts forward and unleashes a fusilade of bolt fire killing the sniper. The rest of the squad dispatches the remaining opponents, clearing the platform of opposition

You vill ngghhave to go down zhose stairs. I'd lead you to the target myzelf but eghhhmy legs are too messed up and ze pain is toosssh much. It's inside the main reacsssshion chamber. You'll have to mask up- ve call zem egh promotion chambers- cos anyone who goes in gets promoted to glory.

Hemnon
2012-12-09, 10:37 AM
Now that the battle was over, Caileigh began scurring from wounded to wounded, doing what she could in the small amount of time she had before they all needed to move on.

First Aid Rolls:

KJ First Aid
Int 50+20(Med-kit)=70 vs. [roll0]

Zaphriel First Aid
Int 50+20(Med-kit)=70 vs. [roll1]

Rook First Aid
Int 50+20(Med-kit)=70 vs. [roll2]

Chubbs First Aid
Int 50+20(Med-kit)=70 vs. [roll3]

Lightly Wounded Characters Heal 5 (My Int Bonus)
Heavy & Critically wounded Characters heal 1

DrK
2012-12-09, 04:32 PM
Austen holds the amssive cannon as the medic strips the hulking Rook down to his waist and quickly applies some dermastaple and imperial snythplas to the burn on his side. "Just a flesh wound eh Doc..." he mutters.

Heading over to the body that he had nearly bisceted. "Useful" he mutters as he hefts a long las and a spare charge pack into his webbing harness.

Hope no-one objects if I grab one of the long-las guns.

Looking at the door he peeks over the edge of the massive edifice. "Why go through when we can go around eh?" he mutters to Austen as he peers over the edge looking for a balcony or a window on the next level down.

With out jump gear and clip harnesses can we just drop a level or two and go through a window?

Vizzi
2012-12-09, 06:31 PM
With combat momentarily over Zap moves towards one of the dead snipers, quickly locating the Long-Las and with a deft hand checking for its usability and lack of heresy, finding none he stores it alongside two clips from the dead body.

With that task done he approaches his fallen comrade, he did not know him but any follower of the Emperor was worthy of basic respect "Homie, you wont be looking for this no more." he says as he grabs both smoke grenades and two more frag grenades alongside one more shotgun clip, with that done his hand automatically moves into the holy Mechanicus symbol and he stands up whilst saying "Peace out, Bro." and with that he stands up and moves towards the door his Manipulator twisting slightly as he waited for the rest of the squad to ready themselves.

Strenght 50 vs [roll0]

To grab the door and rip it out with my Manipulator Mechadendrite.

Lycan 01
2012-12-09, 07:43 PM
"Someone grab Trooper Gantz's tags, and dole out his gear. Waste not what the Emperor provides," Commissar Larkson growls as she slams a fresh clip into her bolt pistol. "Before we assault, make sure you've got your masks on. Sergeant, are we taking the stairs, or rappelling through the windows?" she asks Vance, before rummaging through her kit for her rebreather.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-10, 04:24 AM
Vance rubbed his injured leg and considered. "Windows. We do need to get cubbs out of the open, though."

"Myself, Rook, Austen, Lewis, the Commissar, KJ and Stan, go through the windows. Caileigh, Zap, get cubbs into the stairwell and defend it. With luck, we can clear the rooms below before they can attack up the stairs. We need to get Cubbs into cover, and i doubt he's healthy enough to wire down."

Grailkeeper
2012-12-10, 09:55 AM
The doctor manages to patch up most of the squad and prevent any adverse sequlae- however perhaps through ignorance of his twisted physiology or perhaps motivated by subconcious malice fails to heal the mutant. Cubbs lapses into shock induced unconsiousness.

The Enginseer tries to lift the door bodily out of its frame, unfortunately the metal is too strong and resists him. You can hear the bolt twisting inside the lock.

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 12:57 PM
Valeria cuts the motor on her chainsword and sheathes the blade. She makes her way over to the railing of the platform, where she begins to fasten her clip harness to the railing. "Cubbs, what sort of-" she begins to ask the mutant, only to notice that he's lapsed into shock. "Well frak," she growls beneath her rebreather. "So much for being our little guide. Well I suppose-"

The sound of groaning metal reaches her ears as Zap royally screws up open a door. The Commissar gives him a rather dirty look. "Alright, looks like we've got no choice but to take the windows."

As Valeria fastens her harness for the drop, she looks back at the rest of the squad with a look of grim determination. "The Eyes of the Emperor are upon us, guiding our paths and our aim! Let none be found wanting, and let all seek glory and honor in His Name! For Terra and the Golden Throne, we shall emerge victorious!" she proclaims, attempting to ignite the spark of fanaticism and faith in the soldiers following her into what could potentially be the jaws of hell. "Do not falter, do not waver; let your faith be the blade that strikes clean and true! Follow me, brave soldiers of the Emperor, to glory eternal!"

Grailkeeper
2012-12-10, 01:16 PM
The attach themselves to the edge of the platform, brace their weight then swing down and in through the windows two stories below. They shatter under the impact. The room you swing into is a long thin room, a barricade has been hastily erected about half way through. A stubber points at the door way waiting to massacre anyone who entered by a more conventional route.

Two enemies man the stubber and a third with an autogun supervises. You have taken them by surprise.
This was to be a trap. Didn't even think of clip harnesses. Same initiative as last turn but you get one turn of suprise in. You are ten metres away from the middle of the room where the nest is. The closest enemy is ten metres away, the loader is 11 metres away and the supervisor is 13.

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 02:44 PM
Commissar Larkson smashes through the window, and unclips her harness from the rappel line as she swings into the room. The moment her feet hit the floor, two thundering booms echo through the chamber as Valeria wordlessly double-taps the traitor with the autogun. He's the most immediate risk, as the stubber is facing the opposite direction, and its manners will need a moment to turn it or grab their own weapons.

Half action: Semi-auto attack

Attack: [roll0] vs 60 (BS 40 + 10 aim + 10 close)
Damages:
[roll1] or [roll2] Pen 4
[roll3] or [roll4] Pen 4

If Righteous Fury: [roll5] vs 60
Extra damage: [roll6][roll7]

Vizzi
2012-12-10, 03:15 PM
With nary a glance or second thought Zaphriel's body crashes into the window breaking it into a shower of glass and with nimble movements unclips his harness as his feet touch the ground, his Manipulator Mechendrite slamming lightly besides him acting as a stabilizer from his dynamic entry.

His hands holding the gun steady with the mechanical precision of a machine as it belches forth a bullet of righteous anger.

Aim- Half Action

Standard Attack with Autogun 70 vs [roll0] nearest enemy.
Damage - [roll1]

DrK
2012-12-10, 03:32 PM
With the weight of the cannon the heavy gunner slams through the window and a supporting strut in a single swing. Landing on the floor in a catlike crouch he wastes no time as he braces the weapon against his body levelling the massive anti-tank cannon at the loader and gunner. "Surprise you thrice damned heretics". The wods punctuated by the long tongue of flame and the massive jarring punch of the cannon on his chest arms...

Brace and semi-auto attack [roll0] TN55+5+10+30 surprise= 100
Damage [roll1] PEN6 -- Gunner body
Damage [roll2] PEN6 -- Loader body
Damage [roll3] PEN6
- RF as necessary [roll4]. Alternate between gunner and loader...

Hemnon
2012-12-10, 03:38 PM
Being one of the last ones through the windows, Caileigh just tactically heads for any piece of wellmade cover.

Her Comrade Will follow suit and takes cover where-ever possible.

Grailkeeper
2012-12-10, 04:49 PM
The Squad swings in through the window- the shatter of glass is punctuated by the sound of heavy gun fire and the enemy fire team is quickly and mercilessly eliminated- a storm of fire cuts up the machine gun and the autogunner throws uo his arms into a brief cruciform shape before hitting the ground.

The room appears to be a long corridor, stairs lead down from the side into a larger empty room with a long row of cogigator banks. The windows give a view of the facility- it appears to be mostly a confusing mess of pipes and gantries.
OOC
No need to wait on everyone enemies are clearly dead. For future ease can you all copy Dr K's style o combat rolls? It makes life much easier

Incidentally the F key on my laptop is gone jammy so I may miss it once or twice by accident.

DrK
2012-12-10, 04:59 PM
Savagely kicking one of the dead Rook glances down at the autogun and rapidly drops the long las in exchange for the autogun and a spare clip. Happier to have real rounds and full auto than a glorified torch.

That done he motions to Austen and the two of them lean up against the windows both surveying the scene below searching out either things to blow up or enemies to obliterate...

Brace and take cover by the window scanning the confusing mass of pipes and gantries below.

Awareness [roll0] TN 35-20 (untrained) = 15

Starbin
2012-12-10, 05:15 PM
On the roof

KJ nodded in satisfaction when the team finished off the roof guard. He bowed his head for a moment at Gantz, sorry for the loss of another weapon. "Fair winds, brah ..." As the Sarge directed the gathering of gear, he walked over to heft the meltgun, nodding to Stan as the man considered grabbing a long-las. He was checking the weapon when the Doc came up with her kit in hand.

"Hey doc, what brings you to the slums?" Color him surprised when she silently went to work on his chest, her swift and expert ministrations easing the pain immediately. He nodded his thanks, patting the meltagun. "I don't have any skills, but let me know when I can shoot someone for you."

Stan started to move forward with a slick smile on his face, then started rubbing his leg in mock pain. Of course, when Will moved forward to intercept, Stan raised his hands in surrender. "Hey, look at that ... it's feeling better already!"

Once he had been tended to, KJ took his position at the edge of the building, ready to rappel down into the room below.

In the room

Busting in on the enemy, they caught the would-be ambusher's unawares. Weapons shouted in thunder and spat lightning at the three men, who were on the wrong side of their cover. In mere seconds the enemies were dead and the Seabirds stood victorious in the haze of smoke drifting from the guns and bodies.

"Hey Sarge, we got any maps on this place? Where's the overflow center?" KJ started down the stairs into the cogitator banks, sweeping his M36 back and forth as he moved. Best not to use the burner in here ... some things probably wouldn't react well to a melta pulse.

At the banks, he checked to see what the controls were for.

Awareness (TN30): [roll0]
Common Lore (TN40): [roll1]
Tech Use (TN40): [roll2]
Hopefully, KJ can figure something out. If it looks like this thing has an MIU interface (and we decide KJ has one), add +10 to Tech Use.

EDIT: Here's hoping one or more of those rolls were easy ... yeesh

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 05:21 PM
Valeria strides purposefully over to the bodies, and looks them over for anything worthy of note - rank pins, mutations, special gear. She stays silent, allowing herself to fade into the background and let the Sergeant take charge of the situation, as he's the one with actual authority over the squad. She's just there to keep the Guardsmen in check, not actually give orders...

Hemnon
2012-12-10, 06:03 PM
If there is any spare autogun mags left, Caileigh ejects the one in her gun and refills it to full capacity.

She then goes to take a good look at whatever equipment those traitors had on them when they died, keeping an eye out for ANY enemy activity.

Hawkeye Roll:

Awareness Test
TN 35 vs. [roll0]

LeSwordfish
2012-12-10, 06:18 PM
Vance couldn't have been more proud of his squad, as they despatched an entire enemy fire-team in seconds. In the aftermath, he turned to the medical team. "We've got a few spare moments. Get Cubbs down here, see if you can wake him and get better directions."

Vance gave the refinery a scouring look. "It'll be far too easy to get lost hin there." He muttered, and turned to KJ. "Got an auspex? Trawl for contacts, see if we're safe for a minute. Rook, Lewis, cover the doors."

He considered asking the commissar if she'd found any of the... special mutants. But, for the sake of his sanity and soul, he decided not to ask.

Starbin
2012-12-10, 06:59 PM
KJ looked up from the banks and nodded. "Sure thing, Sarge." He pulled out the scanner and ran it, trying to get a lock on any potential threats.

Whoops forgot about that! So, I'm guessing this is a common auspex/scanner, since it doesn't say. But feel free to add +30 if it's actually a Good one!

Not sure if you want new rolls, but here they are for using the auspex:
Awareness (TN 50): [roll0]
Tech Use (TN40): [roll1]

GAH! Energy spike!

Vizzi
2012-12-10, 09:24 PM
With the fire-fight over in almost an instant Zapherial spared a single glance at the dead bodies to quickly see if any item sparked his interest, but could easily resist moving towards the cogitator banks, the call of the machines acting almost like the steady beat of drums to his mind.

Common Lore (Tech): [roll0] TN 58

Tech Use: [roll1] TN 58 + 10 (Trained) + 10 (Combi-tool or MIU) = 78

Hemnon
2012-12-11, 01:56 PM
''I'm sorry sarge, but I did what i could for the mutant back on the roof. 'he' would need extended medical attention and that's not something i can do here.'' He replies to the sergeant's question.