PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Marines- IC

Techwarrior
2012-08-21, 02:47 PM
After two weeks of being on board the ship Madest, you have fallen into the day to day routine of its crew. So, when you noticed everyone staring out over the rails of the ship, you both knew something strange was going on. Pirates maybe? No, a quick glance gave you all the information you needed. An uncharted island...

The second mate, Sterm, comes to each of you separately to tell you that the Captain has requested your presence in her quarters. Immediately.

Lucretia
2012-08-21, 03:20 PM
Cracking her knuckles, Ensign Egariian moved towards the captain's quarters, wondering what could be the matter. The transfer to the Madest was definitely a boon, a way to further the cause of Justice, but there'd been so little information on what the Marines needed Amira to do here. Practicing the limited haki she'd learned and strengthening her devil fruit powers, Amira hadn't let up on her training even while at sea. The Kuja flipped her hair over a shoulder and knocked on the door to the captain's quarters.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-21, 06:56 PM
Twist had created an illusion of him doing his kitchen work while he found a place to hide and relax near by. The Illusion was convincing enough, but it was dismissed the second Twist inevitably fell asleep. A swift kick woke the lazy chef up and he was ordered to the captain's quarters.

Figuring he was going to to be disciplined for slacking off, Twiest slumped his shoulders and slowly walked to the captains quarters. Only to be surprised to see Ensign Egariian, knocking on the captain's door. Unsure if this was related or not Twist says only "Oh, you're here also."

Techwarrior
2012-08-23, 05:35 PM
The captain opens the door to her cabin.
"Ah, Twist, Amira, come on in."
The room has a few chairs situated around a small table in the center of the room. There is a bunk in the bank, with a footlocker underneath it. There are several maps on the table. She motions you to sit down, and sits across the table from you both.
"In case you were unaware, there seems to be a small island on our way to our destination. This island is not on my maps, and I have nothing to show what it might be, or who might be on it. We will land our ship at the coast of this island, and I want the two of you to take our navigator onto the island. Protect him, and make sure the three of you come back alive with maps of the area so that we can turn in a copy to the Government. Amira, I am going to put you in command of this mission. Should you both succeed, you can consider your pairing official. Any questions?"

Lucretia
2012-08-23, 10:45 PM
Amira took the seat and listened to the captain, nodding. "Only three for an expedition seems unusually small, sir. If the navigator himself is going, shouldn't there be a greater detachment to prevent any potential natives from harming him? I trust in my abilities, as well as those of the chef, but accidents can happen, especially when materiel si stretched too thin. Are there additional concerns about the island, sir?"

Lizard Lord
2012-08-23, 10:55 PM
Twists sits down and slouches in a chair. "Yea, I have a question. Why is a chef being sent to do field work?"

Lucretia
2012-08-23, 10:59 PM
Amira glared to the left at Twist and his impertinence. His slouch, his rudeness -- bile rose in her throat, vitriolic words trying to move out and slap him. But she refrained, tightening her right fist, out of sight of the chef. It wouldn't do to let him see the aggravation.

Techwarrior
2012-08-23, 11:03 PM
"Other than there being a strange island that shouldn't be there, I'm not all that concerned. Should you encounter anything, malignant, I would ask that you not take any undue risks. The navigator has been training another of the crew, and he assures me that his apprentice will be just fine. Besides, we'll need as much of the crew as possible, as the group of pirates we'd been tracking seems to have disappeared. If they were to find us without a relatively full crew, they'd be sure to attack while we're on the ground."
She pauses a moment.
"I won't lie to you. I'm sending the pair of you because I'm least aware of your potential, and how well you actually do on the battlefield, and Twist, keep a decent tongue when you are speaking to your Captain, or I shall remove it."

Lucretia
2012-08-23, 11:16 PM
She didn't approve of the situation, but Egariian understood the captain's decision. "Should we not send the apprentice, sir? I would feel more comfortable not having a vital officer in the field with only two additional personnel." Losing the navigator because the chef needed to be saved would definitely be a pain, in addition to a gigantic shame.

Techwarrior
2012-08-23, 11:32 PM
"No, Agar was quite insistent that he be the one to go on the exploration of the island. He has some rather strange ideas about what it might be, and his apprentice is completely unequipped to handle that situation. Rest assured Amira, Agar and myself both believe that this will be a relatively uneventful stop. We'll touch down, let you three off, and meet you on the other side of the island in two days."

Lizard Lord
2012-08-23, 11:54 PM
Twist is fully aware of the threat his captain holds and edges back in his seat in fear. However any sign of fear on his face and in his voice seems to be unfortunately covered up by sleepiness. With a yawn in his voice Twist responds saying "Yes mam. Sorry mam."

Twist raises his hand for a salute but it falls back halfway in its journey as Twist passes out asleep in the chair.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-24, 10:20 PM
Twist pops back up awake. gets out of the chair and carries on unaware that he fell asleep; the captain's threat still fresh in his mind. "If that is all we should get going now. May I ask where the navigator is?"

Techwarrior
2012-08-25, 01:20 AM
"Of course, he should be in his quarters at the moment, going over his charts and books."
With a wave, she dismisses the pair of you.

Lucretia
2012-08-25, 09:09 AM
My question shall never be answered. :smallfrown:

Standing up and cutting a crisp salute, the Ensign left her captain's quarters and moved towards the Navigator's Room, not pausing to see if the chef was coming with her. Amira didn't particularly want to get into a fight with Twist this early in their protopartnership, although if he continued act as foolishly as he had in the meeting with the captain...

She flexed her hand again.

Techwarrior
2012-08-25, 04:53 PM
The navigator's quarters are just down the hallway from the captain's. A knock on the door elicits no reply. Perhaps he's not in his quarter's? If you attempt to open the door the door is unlocked.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-25, 05:05 PM
Twist will open the door and walk in. "Come on navigator, the captain says we have a mission. Let's get this over with."

Techwarrior
2012-08-25, 09:44 PM
The room has several books, charts, cartography supplies all strewn across a table in the center of the room. There is a bunk on the left hand side of the room, and a shelf with several books on it. The navigator is not in the room, nor is anyone else.

Lucretia
2012-08-25, 09:55 PM
Amira rubbed her forehead in aggravation. "All that concern was ultimately wasted, I suppose, since he's already been kidnapped. Chef Twist, your eyes may be better suited for this -- check the room. I will report this disturbance to the Captain immediately." Turning about on her heel, Egariian sprinted back to the Captain's quarters.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-25, 10:00 PM
"What a pain." Twist mutters as he begins examining the room for any evidence on who may have done this or where they could have went.

Search Roll: [roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-08-25, 10:16 PM
Search:
A quick glance around the room garners no additional information. The books on the shelf are all in strange tongues you don't know, the real eye-catcher is the charts on the table.

The charts are all maps of this area of the world, with a grid layed across it. Several other lines are drawn from seemingly random places, crossing the dot on the map labeled as the ship. You can make neither head nor tail of it, but the lines seem to be drawn in a very precise fashion. This is nearly confirmed with the journal next to the map. The last entry reads as such:

"I think I've finally discovered what the strange winds we've been experiencing have been the result of."

That's odd, you haven't heard anything about 'strange winds.'

"If the [something from another language] is nearly upon us, I'll have to convince the Captain that we should check out this island. Just a few more readings on this wind and I'll know for sure."

The captain looks up at Amira as she runs into the room.
"Something wrong?"

Lucretia
2012-08-25, 10:29 PM
A salute. "Sir, Navigator Agar appears to be missing. His room was unlocked and his navigating table was in disarray from what I was able to see. I have Chef Twist investigating the room now." Another salute.

Techwarrior
2012-08-25, 10:31 PM
The captain raises an eyebrow.
"Did you check the deck? He's been taking a lot of readings lately, and I certainly didn't hear anything resembling a struggle in the past few minutes. I talked to him ten minutes ago."

Lucretia
2012-08-25, 10:39 PM
"With the mention of pirates, sir, I thought it prudent to report the situation to you directly before searching the ship. If there are enemy infiltrators on board, I could be incapacitated before finding evidence, and wished to apprise you of the situation beforehand. By your leave, I'll begin the search for Navigator Agar now."

Lizard Lord
2012-08-25, 10:51 PM
"I wonder..."

Twist will take the journal and leave the room. He will than ask around if any of the marines on the ship know where Navigator Agar normally takes his wind readings.

Techwarrior
2012-08-26, 10:23 PM
You both enter the hallway at the same time, Agar's apprentice is walking down the hallway, and sees Twist coming out of the navigator's office.

"If your looking for the navigator, he's on the helm, taking readings. What were you doing in there anyway?"

This apprentice is a human, younger than either of you, with cropped blond hair. He is quite tall and thin, with a cheery spring to his stride and manner.

Lucretia
2012-08-26, 10:24 PM
Amira put a hand to her face and rubbed her eyes. "We're searching for Navigator Agar. He's to accompany us to the island nearby, although why we're charting it is something of a mystery to me. I'm afraid we haven't met. I'm Ensign Egariian -- you are?"

Techwarrior
2012-08-26, 10:46 PM
"Well, as I said, he's up at the helm. I don't know why you will be charting it either. As neither Agar nor the Captain have seen fit to tell me, just that I'm to remain here. You guys must feel quite lucky to be going. I'm Ensign Tarin Kerrent, nice to meet ya Miss Egarian. Hey Twist, your going out too? Well, there goes the fine eating we've been having."

Lizard Lord
2012-08-26, 10:53 PM
"Yea. It's a pain, but you can't survive amongst marines if you don't follow orders."

Twist will hand the apprentice the journal. "The Ensign here thought the navigator was kidnapped and I was investigating it. I thought this would come in handy with the investigation. Since he is safe, horribly untidy but safe, I suppose I won't need to hold onto it after all."

The chef will than shrug and walk towards the helm. "Anyways I'm sure you two can tell each other everything you feel the other needs to know. Ensign, I'll go on ahead and tell the navigator about our mission."

Lucretia
2012-08-26, 10:56 PM
Amira shook her head and followed Twist. "Oh no -- and let you skulk off to some corner? No thank you -- I'll follow you. Ensign Tarin is doing what he's supposed to, I imagine, and if neither the Captain nor Navigator Agar mentioned the island, then I've already said too much."

Techwarrior
2012-08-26, 11:08 PM
"Well, see here's the funny part. I was actually sent to come get this journal, and the Captain did tell me that we were coming up on an island, but that I wouldn't be going. So thanks Twist, why don't we all go up there together?"

His cheery smile pervades throughout his whole speech, and was there even while you two were talking. You probably couldn't slap it off of him if you tried.

Lucretia
2012-08-26, 11:12 PM
With an equally cheery smile, Egariian winked at the other ensign. "That's an enjoyable happenstance, actually. I'm glad I hadn't just made an error! Were you told anything else about the island?"

Lizard Lord
2012-08-26, 11:13 PM
Twist just shrugs as he walks. "Fine by me. I don't really care."

Whether he is talking to Amira or Tarin is hard to tell.

Techwarrior
2012-08-26, 11:19 PM
"Well, I was given the Captain's famous glare while she told me that I would not, under any circumstances, be going on the island. That count?"

Even that statement didn't break his smile. Was it an act?

Techwarrior
2012-08-26, 11:49 PM
First post didn't show up...

Lucretia
2012-08-28, 11:42 PM
Amira laughed and shook her head. "There's something special about the island. Or there's something important about us not being on it. Or maybe it's entirely mundane and we've been ordered to map every island we run across, regardless of its importance, as to make sure the World Government's maps are completely adequate and up to date. I'm afraid that's not within the domain of knowledge I have, so I can't even begin to speculate with any degree of accuracy. But for now, we'll have to be happy to follow orders." She continued with Twist and, presumably, the chipper ensign to wherever Navigator Agar was taking his readings.

Techwarrior
2012-08-29, 01:03 AM
"Well, I have no idea which one it is." says the ensign in response, falling in step behind Amira.

You find the Navigator up by the helm, taking readings with several tools that you have not only no idea what they do, but also seem strange that he would consider tools. Tarin gets his attention and hands him the journal. The navigator looks at the two of you, sizing you up.

"You the recruits bein sent for my 'protection' on that island o'er thar?" the captain asks with a scowl.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-29, 07:04 AM
"That would be us." Twist sighs with a rather heavy sigh. "Are you ready to get going? I just want to get this over with."

Techwarrior
2012-08-30, 12:00 AM
"Well, as you can see, the islands still a good 'alf 'our or so out. Why don't you go get whatever gear you need for this 'ere trip and I'll see about finishing up these 'ere measurements."

OOC:
Do either of you have anything you need to do before disembarking?

Lucretia
2012-08-30, 12:24 AM
Um... no. I don't think so. Unless there's a chef who can make us buff food? *all eyes on Twist*

Lizard Lord
2012-08-30, 01:49 AM
I don't have feats for food buffs. Not high enough level anyways, though I suppose I should start getting the requirement feats.

"I suppose I ought to make boxed lunches. It's a pain and I doubt we will be on the island that long but I guess it would be best to keep our strength up. It shouldn't be dangerous but we still don't know what is out there."

Twist will head into the kitchen and use the ingredients there to prepare 3 boxed lunches. Twist's Lunch: [roll0]
Amira's Lunch: [roll1]
Agar's Lunch: [roll2]

Techwarrior
2012-08-30, 04:18 PM
"Well, we should plan on being on the island for at most two days. I for one would prefer to have food for both days."

Lizard Lord
2012-09-01, 01:51 AM
Twist will return with two days worth of rations on him. He will hand Amira and Agar their share of the food. "This should be enough to last us."

Lucretia
2012-09-01, 01:57 AM
Amira nodded and tucked the food away into her pack, which presumably she had handy. "Thank you, Twist. Whenever the Navigator is prepared for our little cartographical mission, I believe my affairs are in order."

Techwarrior
2012-09-01, 02:16 AM
"Well, I have to finish these measurements, then get a couple things together and I'll be ready. I'll be ready by the time we get to the island."

On the island:
The ship brings the 3 of you to a beach and drops you off. The beach you are standing on is approximately 100 feet wide, and goes back about 30 feet deep, where it meets the edge of the forest. There is a river snaking its way into the forest about 40 feet to your right. You can see the Madest take off, making its way to the other end of the island.

The navigator turns to the pair of you, and asks if either of you have any knowledge of natural areas. He is clearly out of his element, and looks like he hopes to let you lead the way.

Lizard Lord
2012-09-01, 02:30 AM
Twist sighs. "I am more accustomed to living in the alleyways of cities than in jungles. Surely that must fall onto you than Ensign, or did the captain really send us into the wilds without an ounce of wilderness experience between the three of us?"

Lucretia
2012-09-02, 04:44 PM
Amira pulled a few gallons of water from the ocean, letting it surround her. It was always important to keep some on hand. "Our orders are to map the island, is it not? Navigator Agar, if you'd care to begin with the beach, we will continue inland as soon as you are ready. I will cut a path through the underbrush, and we will investigate the island for any signs of civilization. Barring that, we'll obtain landmarks and perform measurements, as befits an exploratory party. If there is anything in particular you are looking for, Navigator, I believe now is the time to tell us -- otherwise, we'll commence when you are prepared."

Techwarrior
2012-09-02, 05:12 PM
"Well, I've been investigating the origin of Devil Fruit for many years, and I think this may be the island they come from. That being said, you both know the power of Devil Fruit better than I, so be wary, if I'm right, this place holds a vast amount of power. We should be cautious." He looks back at the forest, wipes the sweat of his brow, and then pulls out a piece of parchment and starts drawing.
"I'll follow your lead then, Ensign. Up the river, if you would be so kind."

OOC- Amira:
How many units would that be?

Lucretia
2012-09-02, 05:27 PM
She can only control 3 at the moment, right? The max number of units possible.

Amira raised an eyebrow. This might be the island where devil fruit came from? No wonder it was so important now... securing this island, or calling a buster call on it if need be, could give the Marines a gigantic advantage. The greatest pirates of history, barring a few notable examples, had been so incredible due to their powers. If they could be controlled... the war against piracy would come to a decisive end.

"As you say, Navigator." She began to move along the river, using water whips to cut away the vines and undergrowth and allow the party to move unmolested by vegetation or animals. "If either of you should get thirsty, let me know -- I can purify the water."

Lizard Lord
2012-09-02, 10:25 PM
Twist lets out a long drawn out whistle. "This is where devil fruit's came from? That might explain why there are two devil fruit users here. I wouldn't be surprised if the captain requested for a researcher to arrive here as well."

Twist will draw shadows from the forest to himself and surround himself in them. "Well, if the devil fruits came from here there is no telling what else might be here. We should be cautious."

Activating Shadow Cloak.

Techwarrior
2012-09-02, 11:05 PM
The navigator replies to Twist with a twinkle in his eyes. "Now, just wouldn't that be grand."

The underbrush is thick, and resistant to your cutting with Water Whip. It still can done, but it takes a lot of time to move any kind of distance. You hear strange noises coming from further inland. Noises you've never heard before. Agar is constantly writing in his journal.

Everyone make Spot checks. Well, not Agar, he's distracted.

Lucretia
2012-09-02, 11:09 PM
I don't even get to roll damage to see whether or not I can speed up the motion?

Spot is wisdom, and a secondary skill, so I have a +4 to it.

[roll0] +4

Concentrating on cutting through the surprisingly and aggravatingly resilient undergrowth, Amira probably doesn't see whatever it is.

Lizard Lord
2012-09-02, 11:27 PM
Twist wanted to say he meant more like the devil fruit experts they have at HQ but he does not clarify his statement. The Shadow-Shadow user keeps quiet and crouches down in the brush as they move. He tries to stay hidden from those not within the group with the shadows still covering him.

Hide check
Spot check [1d20+3

Techwarrior
2012-09-02, 11:38 PM
Everyone seems to be too involved in their work to see anything. The brush continues to be aggravatingly resistant. However, it becomes unneccasary when after several hours of traveling in this manner, the river suddenly opens up into a large clearing with an absolutely huge lake in the center of it.

Agar stands next to the pair of you and looks at the lake, then back at the pair of you, then down to his notes, and begins to scribble furiously.

Lucretia
2012-09-02, 11:45 PM
Egariian nodded. "I believe that certainly counts as a landmark. Chef, have you seen any flora that might be edible?"

Lizard Lord
2012-09-03, 12:15 AM
"I could check, but why? The lunch boxes should be enough for now."

Lucretia
2012-09-03, 12:17 AM
"If we are making a map, it would be pertinent to ascertain whether we would need to ship food supplies here, or if the local vegetation is conducive to consumption, no?"

Lizard Lord
2012-09-03, 12:20 AM
Twist sighs. "If we are going to build a base here wouldn't it make more sense to grow food than to forage for it? Less risk and greater chance of success that way. If you marines grow food, what does the local flora matter? I'm no navigator, but last I heard nutritional value is not necessary to map making."

Lucretia
2012-09-03, 12:22 AM
Amira narrowed her eyes. "So you aren't sure if the food here is edible or not, is what you're admitting."

Lizard Lord
2012-09-03, 12:26 AM
Twist shrugs. "I haven't had a chance to look all that closely and I don't see why I should bother."

Lucretia
2012-09-03, 12:28 AM
"Because insubordination is an ugly word to have to write on a report. I don't want to fight with you on these sorts of things, Twist, but it's information that might be important." Amira wondered whether or not she could cover him in ice before he could react with his shadow powers. If so, force-feeding him the local flora would be far easier...

Lizard Lord
2012-09-03, 12:32 AM
Twist sighs and puts his arms up in surrender. "Alright, alright. I'll go look." He waves Amira off as he turns to check on the local plants.

Search check: [roll0]
Cooking Check: [roll1]

OOC: Should I make another hide check, or can I stick with the one I have? Twist would want to stay out of sight while he is on his own, even if the others are still pretty close.

Techwarrior
2012-09-04, 08:14 PM
Twist finds lots of thorny vines, bushes, and trees in the woods. A couple of those flowers don't look poisonous, but that seems a lot less important when you feel the knife at your back.

"Ou vell no make noises, Shadovy One."

OOC:
Yea, you failed your Spot AND Hide check.

Lucretia
2012-09-04, 08:21 PM
Listen check! [roll0] + 4

Lizard Lord
2012-09-04, 08:25 PM
Twist will sigh and turn his head to see who has a knife at his back.

Techwarrior
2012-09-04, 08:39 PM
As you slowly turn to meet this threat, you can begin to see the person who snuck up on you so easily.

Amira heard someone whispering, but couldn't identify the voice or speaker. If she turns, she can see Twist with the native holding a long knife at his back.

He is dressed in loose clothing that looks to be made of the skins of the lizards you saw in the riverbeds. He has tattoos that swirl in every direction along his body, though you can see no obvious pattern to them (without a DC 15 Wisdom check that is). He has a bow and quiver slung on his back, and has a very long, sharp looking knife, made from deer bone, pressed on Twist's back.

"Ou vell come vif me," He says me with a long drawn out hard A sound.
"Ou all vell come. Elder decide 'our fate."

OOC:
Let me know if I need to tone the accent down.

Lucretia
2012-09-04, 08:41 PM
Wisdom Check! [roll0] + 2

Nope, no idea what sort of pattern is going on.

Amira narrowed her eyes at the native, raising her left hand into the air while her right clutched the parasol. "You assault a member of the World Government, sir. Put down the knife, and this situation need not escalate further."

Lizard Lord
2012-09-04, 08:49 PM
Twist gives a slight smirk which is then followed. "I haven't found any useful flora Ensign. But I am feeling tired, how about we camp here for a bit?"

"This guy thought he would take me for a walk. Sounds like too much work for me. I would rather rest here."

Lucretia
2012-09-04, 08:50 PM
"No, chef, you appear to have found fauna." She looked at the native again, preparing to strike if need be!

Activating Optimism!

Techwarrior
2012-09-04, 09:02 PM
The native chuckles, and makes some kind of bird call, then points at a spot in the ground about 3 feet in front of Amira.

No less than 14 arrows fly from several different directions which pierce the ground all in an area that is 1 foot in diameter.

"Me know not vat 'our Vorld Go'ernment is. Ou is intrude here."
He seems quite amused by the situation.

Agar however, has this to say.

"I don't think I like the looks of this, maybe we should go with them quietly."

Lucretia
2012-09-04, 09:09 PM
"We were sent here, woefully undermanned, to perform a very simple task. I have no intention of surrendering to anyone, especially under duress. If they think they have the ability to cow me into submission, they're terribly mistaken. Because I will not be defeated by something so simple as arrows from natives! I am Ensign Egariian Amira, and I will not allow this expedition to be stopped! Now let that man go, or I will carve your entrails from your body and use them to strangle those who fired upon a delegation from the World Government!"

Intimidation Check: [roll0] + 12

In another thread I've just dealt with an argument between myself and my GM concerning his use of railroading, so I'm already somewhat primed for it here. :smallredface:

Techwarrior
2012-09-04, 09:18 PM
The man flinches, and is quite clearly Shaken.

"Now now, ve no mean to make trouble. Ou are just intrude. Ve vanted to check sure ou be right folk. No need for blood."
The smug grin has left his face, and he backs off of Twist a few feet.

OOC:
Railroading? There are at least 3 ways out of this, not including what you just did. These are supposed to be a slightly higher than level appropriate challenge. :smallbiggrin:

Devil Fruit good sir, Devil Fruit

Lucretia
2012-09-04, 09:22 PM
No, I wasn't intentionally accusing you of railroading, just mentioning my preparation for death in the event that it was present. 15 v. 2, even with devil fruit, does seem a little one sided though. :smalltongue: EDIT: But I do apologize, I lost a lot of faith in people today so I'm very cynical atm. You didn't deserve that -- I'm sorry. :smallfrown:

Although if this IS the island of devil fruit I might cry.

Wrapping a few gallons of water around herself in a shield, Amira glanced at the tree line. "We aren't intentionally intruding. We didn't know there existed any native, indigenous individuals or tribes on this particular island. Had we known, we would have simply communicated with you instead of traveling along the river. I have no desire to harm you -- if I did, I would have -- so thank you for letting go of our chef. Twist, if you'd come here? Now, my name is Ensign Egariian. What are you called, sir?"

Lizard Lord
2012-09-04, 09:34 PM
Twist will get up and walk over to the Ensign, only to immediately fall asleep standing up.

Techwarrior
2012-09-04, 09:42 PM
"Varin M'llar D'vantiser"
He offers no more information than his name.

Lucretia
2012-09-04, 09:44 PM
Amira glanced at the narcoleptic Twist and shook her head slightly. "Well now Mr. Varin, it is nice to meet you. This area that we're in, do you have a name for it?"

Techwarrior
2012-09-04, 09:52 PM
"No. Not Mr. Varin. Varin M'llar. It says Prince Him Who Stalks in our tongue."

Lizard Lord
2012-09-04, 11:33 PM
Twists head jerks up only to bob back down as he mumbles and snores "This is not the man you are looking for."

Lucretia
2012-09-05, 01:59 PM
"Well, Varin M'llar, could you tell me what this place is called?" And ignore the sleeping chef you almost skewered, she thought to herself with a mental smirk. He's dangerous, honest. So long as he doesn't fall asleep on you!

Techwarrior
2012-09-05, 09:57 PM
He smiles at your use of his title, then immediately glowers at you again.
Elrisair

Lucretia
2012-09-05, 11:20 PM
"You're familiar with the language we're speaking now, in addition to your native tongue. Does Elrisair have a translation, or is it simply a demarcation?"

Techwarrior
2012-09-05, 11:36 PM
"It says Land of the True People in 'our tongue."
That godawful smirk found his face again.

Lucretia
2012-09-12, 12:16 AM
"And you wish to bring us to your elders, is that correct?" Amira had no interest in actually accompanying anyone into a village or town full of hostiles. That sounded insane, especially with her only companion capable of defense being a narcoleptic chef with a penchant for fear.

Techwarrior
2012-09-12, 11:56 PM
"That is correct, they vish to converse vith any travelers who come through. They speak of a prophecy that nobody believes."

Lizard Lord
2012-09-18, 03:10 PM
Twist will up back awake. "Whazit? I think I caught a bit of that. Is it a good prophecy or a bad prophecy?"

Techwarrior
2012-09-21, 09:03 PM
"It is the prophecy of the marooned savoir. I only know a short piece of it.

"And the vater dweller shall speak to the true people, and the vords shall be blasphemy in time.

Vill you please come vith us?"

Lucretia
2012-09-21, 09:33 PM
"We need to consult on this. Grant us privacy for a few moments, so we might determine our course of action."

Amira wasn't pleased with what little of the prophecy she had been given. Blasphemy? Marooned saviors? Or did he mean sailor? Without a proper archaeologist, it would be difficult to determine the validity of the prophecy. But blindly stumbling into a situation would be far less than advisable.

Techwarrior
2012-09-21, 09:47 PM
"Fine. Let us know ven you are ready."

He backs up and fades into the bushes.

Lizard Lord
2012-09-21, 10:32 PM
Once he is sure they are out of the native's earshot Twist will speak with the rest of the group. "Well we aren't marooned, so the prophecy isn't likely to be talking about us.

If it is though, well, words proving to be blasphemy doesn't sound like something they will give us a good reception for. Besides I don't want something that will make this annoying mission last longer than it needs to.

Lucretia
2012-09-21, 10:44 PM
Amira nodded in agreement. "We need to make sure the ship is still where it needs to be. Proving the prophecy correct would be catastrophic with so few supplies. That said, we still have to perform the cartographical expedition. It may help us to chart the natives' village."

Looking over at Agar, she raised a delicate eyebrow and sighed. "What's your opinion of the situation?"

Techwarrior
2012-09-24, 08:58 PM
"Not sure, do you think we can convince them to actually let us go free from their village? I don't want to die here."

Lucretia
2012-09-24, 10:44 PM
"Not sure, do you think we can convince them to actually let us go free from their village? I don't want to die here."

Amira crossed her arms and tapped her lips with a finger. It would be tough, but not impossible. She was confident in her devilfruit powers, and the parasol she held did more than simply make her smell fantastic -- it was also a potent weapon.

Then there was the chef, although she wasn't familiar with his combat prowess.

"If you decide you must have the village on the map, we will get you out of there safely. But this island is inhabited, and therefore warrants a different avenue of approach. I believe rendezvousing with the ship may be the safest and wisest course of action."

Techwarrior
2012-09-25, 12:22 PM
"We have deadlines to meet. The captain was reluctant to give me two days as is. Rendezvousing with the ship is not a real option if we are going to then come back, unless we want to be 'marooned' like that prophecy said."

Lucretia
2012-09-25, 02:43 PM
"We have deadlines to meet. The captain was reluctant to give me two days as is. Rendezvousing with the ship is not a real option if we are going to then come back, unless we want to be 'marooned' like that prophecy said."

"My suggestion was to call off the mission. The parameters have changed -- this is no longer the task that we had been sent to accomplish. The options before us seem clear: we can either attempt to complete the mission despite the change, which I would say is unwise; or we can return to the shore and locate the ship."

Lizard Lord
2012-09-25, 03:16 PM
"I agree with the Ensign. The mission parameters have been changed. The mission should be called off."

Techwarrior
2012-09-25, 03:53 PM
"Fair enough, this island's pretty large, we could still map what we see on our way back though. I'll collect a few plants on our way, try and sketch out what fauna I see."

He seems disappointed, but is willing to go with it.

Lucretia
2012-09-29, 05:15 PM
Amira nodded. "If we can determine how long it has been since we began this venture, and if we know the heading of the ship after we were dropped off, we can use the map you've already begun to create in addition to some simple mathematics to determine which heading we'll need to go and at what speed. We should be able to get to the water's edge before nightfall, I think, and thus we can get back to the ship then."

Techwarrior
2012-09-30, 03:29 PM
"Yea, sure, I can do that. You get to tell the natives though."

Lucretia
2012-09-30, 10:16 PM
Amira wrapped water around herself, Agar and Twist. "Of course. Twist?" She looked at the cook. "Did you fall asleep again?"

Lizard Lord
2012-10-01, 09:48 PM
Twist will wrap himself in Shadows and a second Twist will appear from the twisting shadows. Both Twists respond "If we have to."

Lucretia
2012-10-07, 12:08 PM
Amira looked around. "Varin M'llar, are you still around>" she asked in a loud voice. "We have come to a decision, and you may wish to hear it. Or, if you've left, then I guess you don't. So that's acceptable, too."

Techwarrior
2012-10-07, 12:45 PM
"Yes, ve are still 'ere."

Lucretia
2012-10-07, 01:20 PM
"We've going to leave your island. Thank you for your hospitality. We will take a few moments to determine where our ship is on the coast, and then move towards it in the fastest manner."

Techwarrior
2012-10-09, 11:17 PM
"Very vell."
You hear a soft rustle in the nearby bushes, and then nothing.

Lizard Lord
2012-10-11, 09:48 PM
Twist yawns and gives a half-hearted hooray. "At last this mission is over. What took so long?"

Lucretia
2012-10-11, 09:49 PM
Amelia ignored the chef. "Navigator, can you perform the necessary cartographical calculations to find the ship?"

Techwarrior
2012-10-11, 10:04 PM
"Yes."
He looks through his notes, stares into the distance for a moment and then points.
"That way."

Lucretia
2012-10-11, 10:09 PM
Removing the water shield from herself and Twist, Amira began to cut through the underbrush again in the direction he indicated.

Techwarrior
2012-10-12, 06:34 PM
The underbrush is just as difficult to cut through as before. You make as good of time as you can, and make it the beach at about sunset. You cannot see the ship anywhere.

Lucretia
2012-10-12, 06:42 PM
Amira exhaled, having been put through her paces. "Can anyone see smoke, or wreckage?"

[roll0] + 4 to Spot

You may notice that I deleted a post before this. I forgot the second L and thus it didn't roll. My apologies.