PDA

View Full Version : Sword Breaker

seth6
2012-08-21, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone this is my first time posting to this forum but I saw it had alot of activity so I thought Id give it a go. Im looking for info on a weapon called a Sword breaker, but so far all I can find are a few unsourced wiki's if any one happens to know some info on it I would really appreciate it.

Togath
2012-08-21, 09:20 PM
A sai would probably be the best representation of it(as it possesses prongs to catch the blade, and the handle to bludgeon, which could be relfuffed as the handguard)

sonofzeal
2012-08-21, 09:37 PM
I'll second the Sai as the closest thing you'll find, in both form and function. Despite the name, Sword Breakers were mostly for controlling the enemy's blade or disarming them of it. Sais are dagger-ish disarming weapons. I expect a Sword Breaker to use the same stats as a Sai in most cases.

Big Fau
2012-08-21, 09:46 PM
There's one listed in the Dragon Compendium. Dunno which issue of Dragon it came from though.

It isn't exactly that good either.

seth6
2012-08-22, 12:24 PM
Any one know which issue of dragon this was in?

Psyren
2012-08-22, 12:29 PM
There's one listed in the Dragon Compendium. Dunno which issue of Dragon it came from though.

It isn't exactly that good either.

Any one know which issue of dragon this was in?

#303 according to its entry in Compendium.

It has identical stats to a longsword, except it gets a minor damage buff when used to sunder other weapons. (Yes, this means it can sunder clubs etc. more easily too, weirdly enough.)

I agree it's probably not worth a feat.

Xerinous
2012-08-22, 01:02 PM
There's a swordbreaker dagger (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/dagger-swordbreaker) in Pathfinder. It's in the Advanced Player's Guide. Nothing spectacular for actually attacking, but gives solid bonuses to your CMB when attempting to disarm or sunder bladed weapons.

Probably not worth using unless you have a way to get the exotic weapon proficiency for free though.

laeZ1
2012-08-22, 02:47 PM
Master's Touch is a first level bard spell out of the Spell Compendium (might also be for wizards and Sorcs), when cast, you have proficiency with either the next weapon you touch or all weapons (I forget. My player uses it every battle, first round, to wield her double naginata) for a duration of 1 minute/level.

No feat wasted. Now be a bard. :smallcool:

Psyren
2012-08-22, 02:56 PM
Master's Touch is a first level bard spell out of the Spell Compendium (might also be for wizards and Sorcs), when cast, you have proficiency with either the next weapon you touch or all weapons (I forget. My player uses it every battle, first round, to wield her double naginata) for a duration of 1 minute/level.

No feat wasted. Now be a bard. :smallcool:

In which case, you're either wasting the first round of combat to be able to fight effectively, or you're burning a feat on Rapid Spell and a 5th slot so you can quicken this.

I could potentially see that being worthwhile for a naginata... but not for a longsword that's marginally better at breaking your treasure.

seth6
2012-08-22, 07:52 PM
Just so everyone knows I found it in the 303rd edition of dragon magazine. It's Medium sized does 1d8 damage, and when sundering an opponents weapon does an addition d6 of damage. Thanks for helping me find where I could find it everyone :)