PDA

View Full Version : RAW Prosthesis?

silverwolfer
2012-08-21, 09:31 PM
Is their any sort of RAW crystal legs or animated stone fists? I really do not want to use the half golem template, to enjoy such a roleplay.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-21, 09:36 PM
The closest things are the Grafts, found in Magic of Eberron, Fiend Folio [3.0 and use slightly different rules], Races of the Dragon... and I think that's it.

DemonRoach
2012-08-21, 09:38 PM
The closest things are the Grafts, found in Magic of Eberron, Fiend Folio [3.0 and use slightly different rules], Races of the Dragon... and I think that's it.

Specifically, the Maug Grafts have a Stone hand. Its not too expensive and lets you lock weapons in, Gauntlet style.

You could refluff one of the many leg grafts as Crystals.

AmberVael
2012-08-21, 09:39 PM
Your best bet is probably using some kind of graft. Maybe something from Magic of Eberron (which has elemental grafts among others) or Faiths of Eberron (construct grafts?)

The construct grafts are pretty cool. The arm graft gives you a slam attack for a very low cost (that can explicitly be combined with manufactured weapons), while the leg graft gives you immunity to fatigue, which is also a really good power for a very low cost.

Yeah, given costs and powers available, I'd definitely go with the construct grafts.

Note though, that you can find grafts in all the following books:
Lords of Madness, Libris Mortis, Fiend Folio, Races of the Dragon, Magic of Eberron, and Faiths of Eberron.
Check out this list for similar stuff. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190350)

Darrin
2012-08-21, 09:46 PM
Arm of Nyr from Defenders of the Faith, made out of mithral and designed to replace an arm that was lost.

There's also the Spare Hand in the MIC. Most PCs use it as a "third arm", but presumably, if you lost an arm, you could use it as your "second arm".

Flickerdart
2012-08-21, 09:48 PM
There's an Artificer belt in Eberron somewhere that acts as extra arms. Also check out the Stumpknife (A&EG I think). In terms of grafts, Dragon mags also have them, including Pirate grafts.

umbergod
2012-08-21, 10:33 PM
Not 100% if it was ever brought into 3rd edition, but I know in 2nd ed AD&D the complete book of elves covered limb loss and replacement via enchanted mithril limbs

silverwolfer
2012-08-21, 10:37 PM
thank you all very much