PDA

View Full Version : E6-- is there a prestige class that gives Spontaneous Second level spel

Talionis
2012-08-22, 03:03 PM
I know Chameleon can, but it casts like a Wizard. I was hoping for something that could cast as a Sorcerer. That would let me use the Versatile Spellcaster feat with only one level of spell caster to make a Gish.

Randomguy
2012-08-22, 04:23 PM
Couldn't you could just be a duskblade?

Talionis
2012-08-22, 04:34 PM
Couldn't you could just be a duskblade?

Not what I want for this game, but I love Duskblades.

eggs
2012-08-22, 04:40 PM
There's always Kobold cheese.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-08-22, 04:46 PM
I know Chameleon can, but it casts like a Wizard. I was hoping for something that could cast as a Sorcerer. That would let me use the Versatile Spellcaster feat with only one level of spell caster to make a Gish.

Guide to Prestige Classes with Independent Spellcasting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181091)

If sort by type, the "Ar, Sp" (Arcane, Spontaneous) will appear before "Ar, Va" (Arcane, Vancian). I'll save you the trouble of looking at the "Dv, Sp" (Divine, Spontaneous) classes, as there are only two--Emissary of Barachiel and the Justice of Weald and Woe--and both use the Assassin progression.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, Trapsmith has a good first level, if you wanted to take that as a PrC. You get second- and third-level spells at first level.

I'll look through the rest for you, but I would have to echo Randomguy's sentiment: you're better off playing a Duskblade (arcane) or Mystic Ranger (divine) if you want a gish, as the others will almost certainly cost you a point of BAB (and your second iterative attack). Duskblade isn't fantastic (because of the limited spells known, mainly), but gets the ability to quicken for free, which is fantastic in E6--just make sure that your sixth level grants you something worth mentioning if you PrC out (you can grab that level of Abjurant Champion for free, but it doesn't do you much good unless you can expand your spell list somehow--and you would want to consult with our DM about that).

eggs
2012-08-22, 04:59 PM
This (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8664) list is a bit more comprehensive, but I'm really not seeing anything that fits the bill.

Talionis
2012-08-22, 05:30 PM
I appreciate you guys looking for me. I'll look over Trapsmith and see if I can fanagle that to work. I was hoping for something obscure maybe win a really small list.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-08-22, 05:41 PM
I appreciate you guys looking for me. I'll look over Trapsmith and see if I can fanagle that to work. I was hoping for something obscure maybe win a really small list.

Well, the Trapsmith is from Dungeonscape and you'll pick two of nine spells as your spells known. I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head.