PDA

View Full Version : Vecna Artifacts

Blue1005
2012-08-23, 05:17 AM
Hello all, I am using Vecna as main antagonist via his cult. I need to find information about the fragments and any other artifacts that can be used or discovered by the PC's. I know the eye and hand are in the DMG so just the others would be good. I am also hoping this could be a decent complete thread on all we know about him for people to reference anytime they need it. Thanks

killianh
2012-08-23, 05:37 AM
Those are the only official artifacts in the books for vecna, other than the Sword of Kas. Any others would be homebrew.

Arcanist
2012-08-23, 05:39 AM
A number of Vecna's other body parts are presented as minor artifacts in Die Vecna Die!, including the First Digit (right thumb), Second Digit (right index finger), Third Digit (right middle finger), Last Digit (right pinky finger), Incisors (a pair of inappropriately named fang-like canines), Molar, Scalp, Skin, Heart, Foot (left), and Right Eye. These artifacts are collectively known in D&D 3rd Edition as the Fragments of Vecna.

Typing Vecna into Google yields many results my friend :smallsmile:

Some of these fragments don't even make any sense...

The Eye of Vecna is his left eye which would imply that because his Right eye is also an artifact he is automatically blind. Since he only has his right hand left and most of his fingers are apparently missing he only has 1 finger on his ONLY hand. The Teeth makes sense (who needs to brush when you're a 2,000+ old lich?). The Skin would have rotted away since his 3rd ed appearance recognizes him as a skeleton. His heart would have decomposed... His Left Foot makes a little sense...

Vecna is a one armed (single digit), one legged, nearly toothless, Blind old Lich...

THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE MULTIVERSE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Blue1005
2012-08-23, 06:19 AM
Typing Vecna into Google yields many results my friend :smallsmile:

Some of these fragments don't even make any sense...

The Eye of Vecna is his left eye which would imply that because his Right eye is also an artifact he is automatically blind. Since he only has his right hand left and most of his fingers are apparently missing he only has 1 finger on his ONLY hand. The Teeth makes sense (who needs to brush when you're a 2,000+ old lich?). The Skin would have rotted away since his 3rd ed appearance recognizes him as a skeleton. His heart would have decomposed... His Left Foot makes a little sense...

Vecna is a one armed (single digit), one legged, nearly toothless, Blind old Lich...

THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE MULTIVERSE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

i did type vecna into google and was able to find out about the supposed fragments, but no real information on them. So you think all the things are homebrew except for hand and eye? i would just picture a god to have left more behind with evil power in it. And i read something from dragon 359 had stuff in there too but i cant find any info out online so that would help too.

God Imperror
2012-08-23, 06:23 AM
You need the head of Vecna (http://www.blindpanic.com/humor/vecna.htm).

danzibr
2012-08-23, 07:10 AM
Beat me to it...

Blue1005
2012-08-23, 07:37 AM

I do know about that :) but i was thinking of more real things :smallbiggrin:

Doxkid
2012-08-23, 09:18 AM

It certainly helps that he lost that stuff during/after his reanimation. Not like he needs any of it, what with his magical flight, supernatural strength and laser eyes.

Just be happy he isn't just floating happy-bits. Gem encrusted ones at that.

Arcanist
2012-08-23, 09:11 PM
It certainly helps that he lost that stuff during/after his reanimation. Not like he needs any of it, what with his magical flight, supernatural strength and laser eyes.

Just be happy he isn't just floating happy-bits. Gem encrusted ones at that.

I always wondered why Vecna didn't just become a Demi-Lich and have his 8 soul gems be 8 spheres of annihilation... Oh? Whats his Phylactery? A FRIKEN SPHERE OF ANNIHILATION! :smallamused:

New rule. Any Lich whose phylactery is not explicitly explained is automatically a Sphere of Annihilation.

Blue1005
2012-08-24, 12:27 AM
So, im guessing that no one actually has links or information that is permanent:smalltongue: to the original question?

killianh
2012-08-24, 01:04 AM
So, im guessing that no one actually has links or information that is permanent:smalltongue: to the original question?

like I said outside of the eye and hand all else is homebrew. You'd have to get a hold of Die Vecna Die! so see if there was any stats in there But I'm not sure

EDIT: found a copy online, only the eye, hand, and sword of Kas has any stats written down.