Vknight
2012-08-23, 05:41 AM
Heard of it then welcome to the club.
This topic is about 1thing.

Eclipse Phase.
Character Ideas
Adventure Ideas
Homebrew Equipment
Talking people through the complications of the system from hacking to PSI. Skills to Rep
Talking about different factions
Finding Morph art/EP art in general
Helping each other find things in the books.

And lets get this started with.

Takko Morph
-The Robo-Octopi

or

Selkie Morph
-The Seal mermaid

Which is sillier.
More Sci-Fi awesome
Which would you play as
On a habitat with water and no dry areas which would you like to wake up in? Not necessarily the same as playing but rather your Jovian wakes up which will he be happier to be in

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 12:52 PM
Ah, Eclipse Phase. The game with some of the best background I've ever read, and some of the worst rules. Or at least, worst laid out rule book. I mean, they put the damage codes for weapons in an entirely different chapter to the ranges. And damn, but I despise the way opposed tests work...

Vknight
2012-08-23, 04:53 PM
It works like Poker roll under to succeed well trying to get higher.
Double numbers crits and within 30excellent success

Lord Raziere
2012-08-23, 05:43 PM
Its a great setting yes, even if you don't read the spoilers- I haven't of course.
Which is rare for me. It warned me twice sot hey must be serious about said spoilers…

however yea, I mostly ignored the rules. I have Strands of Fate rules for morphs and everything so….

Maugan Ra
2012-08-23, 09:02 PM
It works like Poker roll under to succeed well trying to get higher.
Double numbers crits and within 30excellent success

Nah, excellent successes are if you pass by more than thirty, I believe. Which in an opposed roll (like basically all of combat) means they're actually less likely to be victorious. And criticals are likewise irrelevant if the opponent just manages to roll a higher number than you.

Still, I do like the game background. One of very few I've seen where Anarchist and Libertarian philosophies can work out without causing untold misery to the vast majority of people involved, albeit due to it being a post-scarcity economy. It's basically transhumanisn the game, and I honestly love it.

Vknight
2012-08-24, 07:40 AM
Nah, excellent successes are if you pass by more than thirty, I believe. Which in an opposed roll (like basically all of combat) means they're actually less likely to be victorious. And criticals are likewise irrelevant if the opponent just manages to roll a higher number than you.

Still, I do like the game background. One of very few I've seen where Anarchist and Libertarian philosophies can work out without causing untold misery to the vast majority of people involved, albeit due to it being a post-scarcity economy. It's basically transhumanisn the game, and I honestly love it.

That is wrong. If you crit on your attack. The opponent must beat your crit with a higher crit or an excellent success that is higher.

I do love the background for Eclipse Phase cause its such a awesome game.

-Raziere
The morph rules are great trust me.
Spoilers are very important because some GM's do it different ways.
Someone may say that the Jovians are the good guys... Others may see Firewall as evil death people

LibraryOgre
2012-08-24, 06:00 PM
I'll vote for the uplifted Octopus, simply because I love them so. I do like the idea of a mermaid morph for micro-g habitats, though.

Vknight
2012-08-25, 12:13 PM
I know this idea of a morph like that is awesome.
I also prefer the Octo for the fact its a talking octopus

LibraryOgre
2012-08-25, 03:21 PM
See, I'm thinking the mermaid morph is going to need a cybernetic tail fan, that can be expanded to provide more thrust in a low-viscosity fluid (i.e. microg air), or reduced in more cramped quarters (i.e. when you can use your arms for propulsion).

Kazyan
2012-08-25, 11:18 PM
I found the game and went "YAAAAAAY" at sci-fi that doesn't make me cringe and actually nods at how the soft sciences respond, basically from cover to cover, mentally writing a character all the way through. And I still don't know much at all how to play.

Psi can go crivel up in corner, but everything else was beautiful.

CyphAU
2012-08-26, 12:44 AM
The group I'm in love the setting, just we haven't run anything in it yet.

The whole fact you could actually do things based as inside a VR world etc, or all the stuff about augmented reality is interesting.

Plenty of scope for the system, depending on what you wanted to do, whether it be exploring exoplanets or doing a variety of things.

I'm hoping we do something in it, though we're currently doing the Skull and Shackles campaign for Pathfinder which is proving to be quite entertaining (especially for a first time RPer)