PDA

View Full Version : Forbiddance alternative.

Ketiara
2012-08-23, 02:38 PM
I'm looking for an alternative to above mentioned spell, it's too restrictive and will damage my party members and the normal citizens in the area. I want to keep out evil outsiders as first priority and most importantly I don't want them to summon stuff in or teleport into the area.
The bigger the area and longer duration the better, and if it can be cast by a cleric it's even better.

Augmental
2012-08-23, 02:51 PM
I'm looking for an alternative to above mentioned spell, it's too restrictive and will damage my party members and the normal citizens in the area. I want to keep out evil outsiders as first priority and most importantly I don't want them to summon stuff in or teleport into the area.
The bigger the area and longer duration the better, and if it can be cast by a cleric it's even better.

There's an option for Forbiddance where creatures can enter the area without damage if they say a password.

Ketiara
2012-08-23, 03:03 PM
There's an option for Forbiddance where creatures can enter the area without damage if they say a password.

Yea I know, but I can't give it to every citizen that wants to enter, it will only be a matter of time before every evil outsider knows it as well.

Eugenides
2012-08-23, 04:04 PM
Yea I know, but I can't give it to every citizen that wants to enter, it will only be a matter of time before every evil outsider knows it as well.

Well... there's always Wish.

Urpriest
2012-08-23, 04:23 PM
At epic levels, most of this sort of thing can be replicated with Mythals. But I'm presuming that isn't on the table.

The area of Anticipate Teleportation isn't huge, but it should help with some of your problem. Hallow will keep out summoned creatures like a Magic Circle, and a spell effect can be tied to it from a limited list. That's as close as I think you can get. You can also use Forbiddance-based stronghold spaces, if you need to protect a building where civilians won't be wandering (because really, if civilians can get in there it doesn't matter if evil outsiders can, civilian cultists can be just as dangerous).

Slipperychicken
2012-08-23, 07:45 PM
On another thread, someone suggested making an auto-repeating trap of Sacred Item (Cleric4, when Evil outsiders, among other things, touch the item, they're dealt 1d6/level damage), and having the spell cast on grains of sand or something air-dispersable. Then, you fill the area with the "holy dust", and it will deal countless d6s of damage any such outsider that gets hit with the dust.

What are you trying to do, by the way? Protect a town from demons?