PDA

View Full Version : Generic BBEBG Questions (Don't Look B-Unit)

NadrojOfTheMad
2012-08-23, 04:38 PM
In a game I'm soon to be running, I've decided that the final boss/plot driver is an ancient Silver Dragon who's turned evil due to some personal tragedy that I haven't decided upon. As a twist, I gave him 1 level of Archivist and then one level of the Dispassionate Watcher of Chronepsis (Draconomicon). The punchline is that he can now cast divine spells as a 16th level archivist, which is to say ANY divine spell of level 8 or lower. Given the Silver dragon's innate ability to change into humanoids, I've decided to have him pose as various different NPCs. Herein lies my first quandry. If I have him pose as a ranger, he retains his draconic BAB and thus it would be very apparant that he was not mid-level. Is it reasonable to assume that one can impose a penalty on one's attacks without reaping any benefit (other than the inevitable "I Am Not Left-Handed")? Also, does anyone know of a way to acquire or emulate the TWF tree through divine spells or magic items? At least one persona will be a ranger.

More generally, I have most of his feats open, so if anyone can think of any particularly tasty feats that might suit a villain as described, feel free to make suggestions.

Surzt and Gurzt
2012-08-23, 04:47 PM
Magic Items: Wands/Scrolls of Heroism, grants the target any Fighter Bonus feat he qualifies for for the duration.

Divine Spells: Righteous Wrath of the Faithful: Divine version of Haste, just make the bonus attack with a weapon held off-hand.
Valiant Fury: As above, plus a strength boost.
Anyspell/Greater Anyspell: Duplicates ANY spell of a certain level or lower. Choose Heroism, Haste or whatever floats your boat.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-08-23, 04:53 PM
If having too high of BAB is the problem, simply give him two weapons (to emulate a ranger) and suck the penalties. They aught to be enough to lower his attack bonus to 'moderate' levels.

The Gloves of the Balanced Hand (MIC) give TWF or ITWF if you already possess the TWF feat.

rweird
2012-08-23, 06:40 PM
Use Heroism (Eternal Wand) + Gloves of the Balanced Hand if you want to give him enough attacks, or your could get him archery and use ranger spells (Hunters Mercy, Arrowstorm, guided shot, etc) to simulate his archery feats. Look at the ranger list, it is divine so the archivist can cast it. Also, don't have him fight so much. If you don't think the PCs will fight him (When he wants to keep his ID hidden and not just wipe the floor with them), and he won't fight alongside the PCs, don't bother. If he will fight along side the PCs, first ask yourself, "How will the players feel?" Will they think he's a DMPC? Will he have to be very effective? Why will he fight on the PCs side? If you don't think the players will have fun with him fighting along side them, don't have him do such.