PDA

View Full Version : Mark of Tzeentch (Black Crusade)

Slylizard
2012-08-23, 07:19 PM
Not sure if anyone plays or knows the system, but I figure it's worth a try.

I'm playing Black Crusade with friends and have a Heretek who has bought all knowledges in the game, this has also enabled him to get to the point where he is not only aligned, but going to be marked by Tzeentch.

The issue I have is that Tzeentch is the chaos god of Change, Evolution, Intrigue and Sorcery. For obvious reasons of ease (and super stereotype) Fantasy Flight have chosen only the Sorcery angle to be reflected by the mark but they left it open to DM tweaking (all marks have that line item of "+whatever the DM deems appropriate"). Being that the Heretek will get the mark via a collection of esoteric knowledges it seems strange to go the sorcery angle rather than something else (especially as he has the machine trait and is thus almost 100% artificial).

So we've been discussing ideas for alternate marks and have come up with some:

Complete Knowledge
-unnatural Int (+2)
-Know all knowledge skills. Any known knowledge skill gets +20 OR ignore the -20 when using an untrained skill OR see someone do something and then be able to do it just as well for the next X period of time (a mimic, similar to the marine ability when they eat someone).

Changer of Ways
- Gain 1 reroll per session, which can be used after determining the result of a dice roll. This can also be used to reroll a reroll.
~basically able to see a small amount of the future

Wyrd
-unnatural Int (+1)
-can gain a limited set of powers as wyrd powers with wyrd level= INT
~ These should be powers that are more a representation of his supreme understanding that appear supernatural. Telepathy, Prescience and potentially telekinesis.

Supreme Intellect
- unnatural Int (+1)
- If they can contemplate for 1 round, can replace any check with an INT check.
~ Represents his understanding of everything being applied with Tzeentch's guiding hand, letting him see the right path to take.

Any suggestions to refine the above options, discount them, offer alternatives would be awesome!